FAQ: Gem Store / BLTC / Trading Post

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ashless.5126

Ashless.5126

Hi i’m having problem purchasing gems from Black Lion Trading Post …i have read this forum particularly this thread…seems Anet / NCsoft need to fix or change their system rules quick.

I made a ticket 121105-000782..and got a reply :
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Hello,

Thanks for contacting NCsoft Account Support.

I am escalating your ticket to our Payment Review Team to research your issue. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible.

Regards,
Martin
NCsoft Account Support
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————

It has been few days since that , and still nothing. I still can’t buy gems …this need to be fixed soon …or at least give me that 24 hours permission period or even reply back on the progress …1 rules of doing business – Dont leave your customer waiting in the dark for too long…if the support don’t have enough staffs..get more…one way or another this is going to be the downfall of this game if its not fixed in immediate future…the whole online community slowly spreading how the support team for this game taking too long in fixing problems.

And please resolve my issue up there fast, the ticket number is 121105-000782.

Posted by: Doushka.3489

Doushka.3489

This was my original post here about 6 days ago..
“Hello,
(Ticket 121024-000682), has been pending since Oct 24th. Issue with not being able to use my paypal or 3 different credit cards to purchase any gems from the Gem store. Appreciate a resolve.

Thanx for the Halloween event, was a blast”

So.. my ticket has been open since Oct. 24th, I’m not much of a complainer but sorry to say this is ridiculous. True I have saved my self a lot of money not being able to buy the gems on a whim, but in no way can Anet justify my ticket being open for almost 2 weeks with no resolve.

So.. my ticket has been open since Oct. 24th, I’m not much of a complainer but sorry to say this is ridiculous. True I have saved my self a lot of money not being able to buy the gems on a whim, but in no way can Anet justify my ticket being open for almost 2 weeks with no resolve.Please Anet, fix this problem as I have already addressed the issue with my credit cards/paypal and they they have no problems letting me charge things anywhere else.

So.. my ticket has been open since Oct. 24th, I’m not much of a complainer but sorry to say this is ridiculous. True I have saved my self a lot of money not being able to buy the gems on a whim, but in no way can Anet justify my ticket being open for almost 2 weeks with no resolve.Please Anet, fix this problem as I have already addressed the issue with my credit cards/paypal and they they have no problems letting me charge things anywhere else.Thank you

Posted by: Nihlus.3728

Nihlus.3728

If you’re thinking about buying Gem Cards to get a quick easy way out of using credit/paypal, your out of luck. Can’t even get gems by simply purchasing then redeeming the card.

Cant really post my incident post because it asked for my gem card number, thus it would be bad if people saw it >,>

And the guy left me saying he’ll take it up to someone else. Getting gems in this game is just as hard as farming gold i gotta say.

Posted by: AKAJohnyBlaze.2865

AKAJohnyBlaze.2865

I have used Gift Cards / Prepaid cards (AMEX/VISA) in the past just fine with no problems, but now I’m getting “Card Approval Failed.” error that says “Please Check you card details & try again, If you continue to get this message please contact support.” but there is not phone number for support. I have submitted a bug report in game long time ago but no response from that yet. The credit card company’s say everything is good on their end.
Please Help!

(edited by AKAJohnyBlaze.2865)

Posted by: Tziankarisch.9237

Tziankarisch.9237

update

ticket submitted on 1st November, resolution email received 7th November

this is what i received in latest email

“Hello xxxxx

Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your purchase attempts.

To protect our customers, we have implemented a Payment Risk Management System to detect possible unauthorized transactions or account use. This means that something about your transaction is being perceived as high risk by our system.

Although there is something about your transaction that is being flagged by our system, we have authorized your “xxxxxx” e-mail address to complete transactions for the next 24 hours. Please try your transaction again within the next 24 hours.

Often, these issues are temporary and you will not have the problem in the future. If you have this issue in the future, please let us know. We will be happy to review your transaction to determine if we can assist you with completing it again.

Regards,
Matt S.
NCsoft Payment Review"

While i am grateful for their help, and its given me the opportunity to purchase the amount of gems i can foresee needing (character slots).

i am still not entirely happy that they feel the need to block my account in their endeavours to stop payment fraud etc, my bank does a very good job of that themselves, hopefully i have bought enough gems now to not need to bother them again for this 24hr permission slip, sadly tho this will have reduced their revenue from me as i can be an impulse purchaser, and i wont be now as it would take me a week to get the permissions eh :p

Also its a little strange that they have not asked for any additional information bar my complaining thru a support ticket to give me that 24hr pass, that doesnt seem very secure at all, considering they are telling me “your transaction is being perceived as high risk by our system”

Now to go thru this all again for my husband to be allowed to get his extra character slots………

(edited by Tziankarisch.9237)

Posted by: Timofee.9357

Timofee.9357

Thought I would try posting about my problem here, in case someone could help/has found a solution. I’ve tried with support but couldn’t get anywhere and though its been a while I’m still incredibly frustrated by it.

TLDR version: During headstart when Gem store was /very/ flaky I tried purchasing character slots. First one worked ok, next one didn’t register. I tried a few more times but to no avail. Then about 5 -10 mins later my entire Gem balance was wiped and I was the ‘proud’ owner of 8 new slots.

I only wanted 3 – to give me 8 in total – so all I’d like is Gems to be refunded so I can spend them on something I want (REPEAT: I don’t want my money back, just my Gems). After waiting weeks and getting copy paste responses I was eventually told this is not possible.

To my mind this involves changing two variables in a database somewhere, 1 for character slots, the other for Gem balance. So while the support person I spoke to might not be able to change them, clearly someone can.

Pretty please can someone fix my issue or tell me if they managed to get a similar issue resolved?

Thanks, Tim
[Incident: 120825-038520]

Posted by: Shadow.2069

Shadow.2069

I’ve been trying to purchase gems. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. More often than not, it doesn’t.

I repeatedly get the Error “Card approval failed please… contact support”. It’s extremely frustrating, I know it’s not my credit card/ bank that are the issue. Also tried via PayPal to no avail. So what is it? Do Anet not want people purchasing their gems or something? .

Posted by: keithlearn.8560

keithlearn.8560

I just purchased GEMS for the first time and then attempted to purchase a set of 5 Black Lion Keys for 450 gems. I took the GEMS out of my account, but I don’t see the keys anywhere. Can you please check to see if the transaction completed correctly.

Regards,

Keith

Posted by: rootbrooski.8124

rootbrooski.8124

I have literally lost count of how often I’ve gotten “An error occurred finalizing your purchase.” thrown in my face when attempting to purchase gems. I know what the Payment Risk Management System is, so I know why this error occurs and why it exists, but it’s gotten to the point where I can’t even purchase over 4000 gems without being flagged. I’d like to request a 24 hour window to make gem purchases since your team has been doing that for other customers who are having the same issues. I’ve legitimately purchased hundreds of real dollars worth of gems ever since release and it’s frustrating that my account is repeatedly limited due to a faceless, flawed automated system. The limits themselves are absolutely ridiculous when compared to how expensive in-game items are. 4000 gems, when converted to in-game currency, cannot even buy more than one piece of tier 3 culural armor. Hypothetically, if someone wished to buy a full set of tier 3 cultural armor, there’s absolutely no way they can do that within the same day without the PRMS blocking them from purchasing enough gems to do so. This is a problem.

Lisa,
[Incident: 121113-000437]

Posted by: maideth.7923

maideth.7923

I just purchased GEMS for the first time and then attempted to purchase a set of 5 Black Lion Keys for 450 gems. I took the GEMS out of my account, but I don’t see the keys anywhere. Can you please check to see if the transaction completed correctly.

Regards,

Keith

i have the same problem with my character slot upgrade,they took my gems,but no slot!

Posted by: Leo.6817

Leo.6817

Is anyone else having the same problem with purchasing gems as I am?
The following error is the only thing shown on the actual purchasing window.

“Error” : “Unable to Parse Response”
“src” : “Load”,
“Type” : “PaymentsModelList Error”

I though that it might possibly be under maintenance still though that was 22 hours ago, so I’m not sure.

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

Previous

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Next

Hello Leo.

Are you living in Europe? The Gem Store is currently experiencing issues and we are looking into it so the error you are getting is normal and you should be able to purchase gems later on. Here you can see that other people are having the same problem.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Attempting to buy gems, asks for country of residence, select UK, nothing happens, no ‘next’ to click on, etc.
Any idea when this issue will be resolved?

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Posted by: Maana.4526

Maana.4526

I have a problem buying gems tried with paypal or registering a new credit cards, all failed although i have bought 10$ worth of gems recently..

Submitted a ticket with Incident number [121113-000287]
Here’s a reply from CS
=============
Response Sam via Email 11/12/2012 09:43 PM
Greetings XXXX!

Could you please provide the following information so that we may review your billing issue and transaction attempts?

If the payment was attempted by credit/debit card, please provide the last 4 digits of the credit/debit card used ONLY:
—- Country where card was issued: (if you are using a credit/debit card)
—- Card Type: (if you are using a credit/debit card)
—- If the payment was attempted using PayPal®, the e-mail address associated with the PayPal account:
—- Do you have a verified or unverified PayPal account? (if you are using PayPal)
—- Country where PayPal account was created/set up: (if you are using PayPal)
—- Country where you are currently residing:
—- Your billing address, including your billing zip code or postal code:
—- The e-mail addresses you used when attempting to make your purchase:

We look forward to your reply.

Kindest regards,
Sammi
NCsoft Account Support
=============

I replied with all the necessary information which i must omit from this post, and then they replied back :
==========
Response Dorothy via Email 11/13/2012 04:31 AM
Hello,

Thanks for contacting NCsoft Account Support.

I am escalating your ticket to our Payment Review Team to research your issue. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Dorothy
=============

Aaand that’s the last time i ever heard from NCsoft Account support team

Right now i’m still waiting for the certain “someone” to contact me.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Hi, I have recently tried to buy gems from the and it says “card approval failed.” I checked my details again and again and it still says the same thing. What can I do to make it accept my credit card, or do I have to email support for this issue. I’d rather not waste all my in game gold on gems and I want to support your company.

Sorry if I was meant to post this in the permanent thread, it just didn’t seem like that was my issue.

Thanks very much

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Have you made purchases in the past? If not, then it might be that you need to call your cc company and ask them to approve GW2 for transactions.

Posted by: hellhound.4962

hellhound.4962

#121115-002652

I had already purchased gems about a week ago, tried to again this week with the same card I had save and used to purchase my game, however it said it was invalid, then tried to use paypal but still couldn’t go through.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

We are having issues with the Gem Store at the present time.* We apologize for that. The team is hot on the case, and I think you’ll see this resolved very quickly! (Lots of emails flew around today; we know this is important and it is being given a very high priority.)

The Gem Store issue of earlier today, which was preventing the acceptance of most currency types, is now fixed. Thank you for your patience!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Guyver.8637

Guyver.8637

still cant buy gems with paypal. continue button stays grayed out.

Posted by: Amaryl.8169

Amaryl.8169

I still can’t buy gems. It’s still giving me the “card approval failed.” message. I bought gems with this same card 2 days ago. I’m in the UK if that makes any difference.

Posted by: Guyver.8637

Guyver.8637

uk also. not tried with card. would rather use paypal but not letting me. would have thought it would have been fixed in this huge patch we just got lol

Posted by: Neito.5308

Neito.5308

Also getting credit card approval failed.

I’ve used the same card to buy gems multiple times.

Also from the UK, I reakon I’ll get an automated bank fraud message tomorrow. Usually happens when my card gets declined elsewhere.

Posted by: Ramei.2715

Ramei.2715

Bought gemes aleary this evening wiith no problems now suddenly it won’t accept my credit card.

Posted by: Zaltor.7315

Zaltor.7315

Same problem here

Posted by: Swift.1832

Swift.1832

Same error, credticard fails, paypal stays greyed out. Till you hit back and again try to purchase through paypal. Then you are directed to paypal, able to log into that and confirm purchase.
Afterwards directed to guild wars 2 page with a purchase failed message.
Worked fine before

Posted by: Flumburken.6217

Flumburken.6217

#121116-001357

Tried to add my credit card again after removed the card file once to buy gems. Once I’ve put down all the correct details, it keeps saying Card Approval failed, to recheck the details. It’s the same details I’ve always used in previous purchases. Please help!

Posted by: Spuckuk.7083

Spuckuk.7083

Paypal still greyed out for me.

Tried the steps Swift suggested and got exactly the same error.

You would think letting people give them money would be a kinda high priority, huh..

Posted by: Kallas Lupus.8370

Kallas Lupus.8370

[UK] I’m still unable to buy gems, only getting the card approval failed message and no error code.

My Bark is worse than my bite, that is until they buff Unload and Pistol whip… :P

Posted by: Velon.5016

Velon.5016

[Incident: 121116-001258]?
Keep getting Card Approval error for days now! Paypal is also greyed out and even if i get it to work it won’t accept it.

Posted by: xerca.6135

xerca.6135

[SWE] Card Approval Failed, even though I have been buying gems with it before.

Posted by: Snoo.3578

Snoo.3578

Same thing here “Card approval failed”, but oh well, I can spend my money elsewhere if Anet (or should I say NCSoftß) doesn’t want it. The game itself is just awesome, that’s why I wonder why such a simple standard function like an ingame store doesn’t work.

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

Same for me too. UK. Tried my visa card and paypal, neither works.

:-/

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

Posted by: Synthetic will.3872

Synthetic will.3872

Add another to the list (UK), tried a few time overs the past 24 hours with 2 different cards just keep getting approval failed

Posted by: Stormphoenix.4608

Stormphoenix.4608

I can’t buy gems either in UK. No cards work, I get failiure, and paypal button is greyed out. when it does go through, i get Bad Input error on the paypal site.

Posted by: drugantibus.7418

drugantibus.7418

[IT] Unable to buy gems. Tried with Mastercard and PayPal, neither works.

Posted by: Morus.9734

Morus.9734

(SWE) Tried Visa, MasterCard and Paypal get errors on all three. I’ve opened a ticket:
#121116-002801

Posted by: VerSo.1580

VerSo.1580

(Belgium) Tried MC (new credit card option), after pressing confirm of the purchase (after billing info) it throws me back at the ‘enter billing information’ window without any message, warning or gems.
Paypal remains greyed out as well so I cannot click on proceed to paypal.

Posted by: Panduh.8941

Panduh.8941

I had this problem last night, I sent a trouble ticket and it was fixed by Ms. Lindsay, but then the problem came back. I’m waiting for their reply again.

“Response Lindsay via Email 11/16/2012 10:55 AM
Hello,

In reviewing your account, I can see that I am able to override your purchase restriction for 48 hours. Please make your purchase within this time frame. If you are unable to make the purchase within that time, you may need to contact us again.

If you still experience issues, please let me know.

Thank you,
Lindsay
NCsoft Account Support

Posted by: Archtac.5871

Archtac.5871

I purchased a second mini spooky trio on the last day of the Halloween event and never recieved it. I wrote it off, but I just now purchased 2 consortium chests, and 2 consortium dye packs and I haven’t recieved those either (have waited 10 minutes). Please help

Posted by: Neito.5308

Neito.5308

I purchased a second mini spooky trio on the last day of the Halloween event and never recieved it. I wrote it off, but I just now purchased 2 consortium chests, and 2 consortium dye packs and I haven’t recieved those either (have waited 10 minutes). Please help

Is your mailbox full by any chance?

Posted by: Zavorash.4753

Zavorash.4753

Hi there, i just bought the Consortium Chest at the gem Story, but i never received it, and my mail box is not full at all… Hope someone can help me, Event Chest Missing [Incident: 121117-002392]

Posted by: VerSo.1580

VerSo.1580

For me it works again and I was finally able to buy Gems with my MC :-)

Posted by: Blackbeard.8510

Blackbeard.8510

Card approval failed problem, i tried multiples credit card all with credit on them and even Paypal failed. I would like to purchase gems please, hit me back. if there is any kind of restriction on my account please lift them.

In advance, thank you.

Posted by: Blackbeard.8510

Blackbeard.8510

On the above ticket # 121118-000168, thank you.

Posted by: Archtac.5871

Archtac.5871

Is your mailbox full by any chance?

I feel like a fool I didn’t know that was possible. Thanks! Looks like the items are in there afterall!

Posted by: seppukuassassin.5961

seppukuassassin.5961

Unable to buy gems, won’t let me confirm order

[Incident: 121118-001106]

Love the game, would love to purchase stuff

Posted by: ThePenguwin.9057

ThePenguwin.9057

I bought a Consortium Chest
Never got it in the mail >.>

Posted by: Moominir.2093

Moominir.2093

Can’t buy neither through Paypal or credit card. Despite being able to buy gems with the card before. Checked with the bank, the card has no restrictions.
ticket number 121118-001591

Posted by: Saitam.9340

Saitam.9340

I’m running into the— “Card approval failed. We appreciate your continuing purchases. Please contact customer support to confirm your identity before making future purchases.” Issue. I’m not sure, but it seems like this is the best place to contact customer services. What should I do? I just want to get a few more gems!

-Mædre Valero, Guardian, Tarnished Coast.
Member of Remnants of Hope [HOPE]

Posted by: Gaould.1708

Gaould.1708

Hello Gem Store would not allow me to purchase on my credit card due to too many purchases I guess. Wanted verification..please let me know how to correct this issue to verify all is well and it is me?