Karka Chest Distribution [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

Same here. I’ve submitted a ticket with screen shot. No reward or answer yet.

No matter if you put screenshot or not mate since as obvious participating to event is not a criteria to get restored with Karka Chest while people who wasn’t event online the whole 3-4 days of the event got the chest.

Posted by: Prezzy.2783

Prezzy.2783

And how can you justify a Generic message as being a reply to a support query?

Posted by: AgentBrand.7092

AgentBrand.7092

I didn’t receive the chest as well, rather disappointing.

Posted by: Verugan.2738

Verugan.2738

Same here. I’ve submitted a ticket with screen shot. No reward or answer yet.

No matter if you put screenshot or not mate since as obvious participating to event is not a criteria to get restored with Karka Chest while people who wasn’t event online the whole 3-4 days of the event got the chest.

As someone who wasn’t able to participate this is event and fix is a lose-lose as other non-participants are being rewarded.

Posted by: exastris.2385

exastris.2385

i didnt get a karka chest…who do i speak to?

Posted by: Neishi.5309

Neishi.5309

people who attended and looted-got it again
people who attended and didn’t loot-got it
people who a attended and didn’t loot-didn’t get it
people who didn’t attend-got it
people who didn’t attend-didn’t get it

I FEEL LIKE I’M TAKING CRAZY PILLS

oh ya and i didn’t get mine in the mail and i attended

Not everyone that looted it the first time got it again. I know several people, including myself, that played through the event and didn’t receive a box in the mail. There was probably an issue with the script. Well. There’s obviously an issue with it.

Posted by: Jaggedrain.6923

Jaggedrain.6923

Well, my mail is empty and working, So where is my chest?

Also, is the above copy-paste legit? IS the script or w/e actually complete?

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

There is nothing like requirements, I bet they simply made another so amazing random script

Posted by: arafel.9801

arafel.9801

well so far no chest for me on augury rock [EU]
so i hope i would receive one by tomorrow

i created a ticket but no response so far

Posted by: Fission Mailed.9576

Fission Mailed.9576

So people who attended the event aren’t getting chests, people who attended the event but were disconnected before being able to loot aren’t getting chests, people who weren’t even online at all during the event ARE getting chests, and people who jumped from overflow to overflow looting multiple times ARE getting it as well?

What the eff?

Their script for handling this is apparently garbage. Yet another disappointment to add to a rapidly growing list.

/one of the many who received nothing despite devoting an entire day to that event

(edited by Fission Mailed.9576)

Posted by: Kurama.1257

Kurama.1257

It’s absolutely unbelievable that I still have not yet received my compensation for this? I was one of the first players to report this issue and I have been waiting patiently since the event ended. The message I received from arena net said that if I didn’t meet the requirements I would have not been sent a chest, however I was there, for 2 hours doing the event. How could I possibly not meet the requirements? It’s so frustrating that players who didn’t even claim, or were even able to loot the chest have received items and yet I still haven’t. It literally feels like arena net don’t care, yet if I was using a bot or a third party program, they would somehow be able to argue exactly when and where it was used and what I was doing. I’m so deeply disappointed with the customer service and I don’t even know what to do anymore.

Jaggedrain.6923

Dear OP.

I received the EXACT SAME notice you did. Word for word.

Nice copy-pasting there, Anet.

is not pleased

P.S – My support ticket was made an hour after the event ended. Timezones being what they are, I apparently got up at 4AM in order to scam them out of some loot. Gj.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Guys,

We are looking into this matter. We initially believed that anyone who earned a chest surely would receive one, and that is why the email refers to clearing the mailbox. We believed yesterday that the list was complete and all earned chests were distributed. However, we have noted continued questions about the matter and we are not discounting that there may be an issue. The team will get to the bottom of it and I’ll update you when we know more.

P.S. The “copy paste” complaints are sorta silly. When we have a distribution of thousands, if not tens of thousands of items, it makes sense to develop solid messaging to send those whose who contact us, no? While you might feel that each answer should be individually hand-crafted for you, I make no apologies for a well-written, clear, and concise “form letter” when it serves the purpose. Better than than having a dozen messages written just enough differently that players wonder “Does that mean what that other thing said, or is it somewhat different? Is that guy going to get something I don’t get?” So please forgive the “form letter” but please try to understand the absolute value of sending that form of response in specific cases. That’s value for us, for you, for greater justi… I mean for greater clarity!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: gilgalidrion.9738

gilgalidrion.9738

Yup me too, this is getting ridiculous now. I submitted a support ticked the morning after the event due to the DC issues and being 10min before the end of the event. After spending over 3 hrs doing the event you would expect some kind of reward and then you get an email to say that “At this time, we have finished delivering the rewards for the Lost Shores event to all accounts that qualified. If you have not received the reward, please make sure that your in-game mail is not full. If you are able to receive mail but have still not received the reward, it is because our records indicate that you did not meet the requirements to receive these items.”
So as I have not received a reward I take it 3 hrs of painful gameplay, lots of dying, rezzing and multiple repair bills means nothing. My wife who was sitting next to me managed to finish the event. luckily, and can verify to the pc rage felt after suffering 3 hrs of frustration :-P

Kurama.1257

And yes I have emptied my mailbox and relogged several times, I still have not received anything.

Posted by: Umbra.5042

Umbra.5042

Hello dear readers,

I want to raise awareness to Anet about players who have participated in its sunday event in which it was possible to obtain a chest that included a 20 slot bag and possible exotics/precursors. However, players who have participated, but disconnected, did not receive the compensation mail, this includes me. In the attachment is a screenshot of me participating in the event. I’ve also heard that others, who were online at that time but did not participate have received a chest and that players who already looted the chest have also obtained this mail. I hope Anet sorts this problem out, as it impacts the community, the game’s economy and Anet as a loyal and transparent company.

Sincerely,

Umbra

Attachments:

Posted by: noother.2190

noother.2190

If you checked the other threads before posting, you’d realize they’re working on it

Guys,

We are looking into this matter. We initially believed that anyone who earned a chest surely would receive one, and that is why the email refers to clearing the mailbox. We believed yesterday that the list was complete and all earned chests were distributed. However, we have noted continued questions about the matter and we are not discounting that there may be an issue. The team will get to the bottom of it and I’ll update you when we know more.

(edited by Moderator)

Umbra.5042

If you checked the other threads before posting, you’d realize they’re working on it

Guys,

Thank you very much. I was not aware of this message.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: noother.2190

noother.2190

Kurama.1257

well i have fren who didn’t even log in for the 3 days event. And he still gotten the chest.

It is ridiculous and just plain hurtful to see this, I have been waiting for some sort of compensation since this event happened, I was there doing the event for 2hours+ and people who hadn’t event logged in for the duration of the event are receiving compensation. What was the requirement then? absenteeism? Would I have been in a better situation of receiving and event loot chest had I not logged in at all? This is just salt in the wounds.

Posted by: Elatus.7091

Elatus.7091

Guys,

P.S. The “copy paste” complaints are sorta silly. When we have a distribution of thousands, if not tens of thousands of items, it makes sense to develop solid messaging to send those whose who contact us, no? While you might feel that each answer should be individually hand-crafted for you, I make no apologies for a well-written, clear, and concise “form letter” when it serves the purpose. Better than than having a dozen messages written just enough differently that players wonder “Does that mean what that other thing said, or is it somewhat different? Is that guy going to get something I don’t get?” So please forgive the “form letter” but please try to understand the absolute value of sending that form of response in specific cases. That’s value for us, for you, for greater justi… I mean for greater clarity!

What about the players that didnt even log in the entire weekend or were doing WvW during the event or were jut totally offline. Why/how did they recieve a chest?

This then also raises the question because they did recieve a chest for 0 participation does that mean the entire community should be entitled to a chest or would you be actively removing the rewards from the accounts that mistakenly got sent the chest?

Very important questions that no dout will probably get ignored.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I wanted to add a note: I don’t see how it is possible — given the coding for the distribution — that someone who did not log into the event at all would have received a chest in yesterday’s distribution. Maybe they forgot they logged in, but the way the distribution was configured persuades me that they did attend and that it why they received the chest.

Let’s be sure we don’t get into “I know a guy who…” discussions, but keep the topic ON topic and relevant to the discussion. If there is an issue, we’ll fix it!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Candide.3902

Candide.3902

After the failvent, I was so gutted of wasting an entire weekend to get nothing while other got like 6 precursors, I really din’t want to log on anymore. But I’m naive, and I gave ANet a chance and was dissappointed again. I’m not gonna make the same mistake again, sorry. I put a lot of faith in you guys and you really let me down twice. Now stop creating expectations you can’t meet again by saying “we’re looking into it”. We all know the result. Some ppl will get a third of 6548st chest while others still have nothing.

It’s sad to say but I thought, after SWTOR and D3, bigger fail would be impossible. I was wrong. What the kitten is up with game companies nowadays?

(edited by Candide.3902)

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

I wanted to add a note: I don’t see how it is possible — given the coding for the distribution — that someone who did not log into the event at all would have received a chest in yesterday’s distribution. Maybe they forgot they logged in, but the way the distribution was configured persuades me that they did attend and that it why they received the chest.

Let’s be sure we don’t get into “I know a guy who…” discussions, but keep the topic ON topic and relevant to the discussion. If there is an issue, we’ll fix it!

Answer my question straight : WHY I DIDN’T GET A CHEST ?

I was at Ancient Karka Event (as obvious from Screenshot i posted and many more i have)

(edited by Luna.9640)

Umbra.5042

Thank you for the response. As customer such rapid and open responses are needed to have a strong relationship between company and customer. I hope that will sort out and be fair in the end. I also hope that Anet learns from the problems that developed after the karka event. However, to end positively I think such weekends as the one with the karka’s were really awesome.

Posted by: Opt.3714

Opt.3714

Hi Gaile,

I attended the event, and looted the end chest without issue. As of last night, I have not received an ancient karka chest in the mail. I assumed this was expected, but others are saying there are people getting their second ancient karka chests in the mail. Should I expect to receive one at some point too? Not super concerned either way, just curious.

Thanks!

http://opt.red/about Twitter: http://twitter.com/Opt__
Co-Leader, I Can Outtweet A Centaur! [TWIT] #twitguild
IGN: Optimus Maleficus

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

I wanted to add a note: I don’t see how it is possible — given the coding for the distribution — that someone who did not log into the event at all would have received a chest in yesterday’s distribution. Maybe they forgot they logged in..

…or maybe, like me, they could not login at all because the login server was being abused by people hopping on alts to chase chests through overflows all night.

in my initial and subsequent support ticket emails,
i was assured i would recieve the chest,
after all i did spend over 4 hours trying to log-in to the “One Time Event!”
and through no fault of mine, failed to.
i am not the only one to have been “Locked Out” during the event,
but the threads detailing us have long been buried/merged/locked.

please send me the chest as promised.

this is like bashing my head against a brick wall, i cant keep doing it, it’s unhealthy.

the entire thing is a debacle.

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Wow, I know you want your chests, and I agree – if you qualified, you should get them. But please keep the posts positive and stop the aggressive attacks. I shouldn’t have to flag posts for flaming and attacks five minutes after I’ve given a few detailed responses. Let’s keep it helpful, contributing, and friendly!

What more can I say to those who post in all caps, post flames, or demand an immediate answer? There is no immediate answer, that we can give, because the issue is still being investigated.

Are we saying you’re wrong? Definitely not!
Are we doing our best to investigate and find out what happened? Yes!
Will every single one of you who posts get a chest? I don’t know yet, but if you participated and if you earned it, you should get it, and we acknowledge that fact.

Please allow us the time to investigate this issue.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: xSOLIDSNAKEx.9735

xSOLIDSNAKEx.9735

I would also like to know as to why i didnt get a chest. I was disconnected before the boss died like many others, its possible they are like “well you never actually killed the boss so are therefore not eligible”
Well i would of killed the boss if i didnt disconnect. If i knew i had to take a screenshot i would of (even though people with screenshots seem to be in the same boat)

Edit: Just seen the above post from Gaile,
thank you for investigating the issue further and not just leaving it as is.

(edited by xSOLIDSNAKEx.9735)

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Gaile Gray, just to be clear as this doesn’t seem to have gone through to the devs. Any script that applies to people who logged on to the event will only make matters worse at this stage. There is a huge portion of the community (i.e. Australia, and people with jobs and other commitments) who were unable to attend, and are angry about that. Many would have attended, and did log on to whatever parts of the Lost Shores they could. This is only adding insult to injury.

Thank you to ANet for trying to fix this, but please take this into consideration for the next fix.

Kurama.1257

I feel the same way, most we can do is hope we atleast get something and if not keep complaining. I just can’t believe people who hadn’t logged on for days are getting them, that’s a real kick in the face.

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

Wow, I know you want your chests, and I agree – if you qualified, you should get them. But please keep the posts positive and stop the aggressive attacks. I shouldn’t have to flag posts for flaming and attacks five minutes after I’ve given a few detailed responses. Let’s keep it helpful, contributing, and friendly!

What more can I say to those who post in all caps, post flames, or demand an immediate answer? There is no immediate answer, because the issue is still being investigated.

Are we saying you’re wrong? Definitely not!
Are we doing our best to investigate and find out what happened? Yes!
Will every single one of you who posts get a chest? I don’t know yet, but if you participated and if you earned it, you should get it, and we acknowledge that fact.

Please allow us the time to investigate this issue.

I LOVE YOU GAILE!

Elatus.7091

I am the same, every time i tried to log in it wouldnt let me surely theres logs somewhere of attempted log ins ? :/ funny i can remember that night easily and how annoyed i was and yet people some how managed to forget they “attended the event” i mean obviously its something that is easily forgetable and events like this in gw2 happen daily right :P

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Gaile Gray, just to be clear as this doesn’t seem to have gone through to the devs. Any script that applies to people who logged on to the event will only make matters worse at this stage. There is a huge portion of the community (i.e. Australia, and people with jobs and other commitments) who were unable to attend, and are angry about that. Many would have attended, and did log on to whatever parts of the Lost Shores they could. This is only adding insult to injury.

Thank you to ANet for trying to fix this, but please take this into consideration for the next fix.

Just so you know, the devs created, reviewed, and implemented the script.

And yes, I do understand your comments about “one time” events. I have a lot of GW and GW2 friends in your part of the world, and I think of you every event, because I know the timezone differences can make attendance challenging. Thanks for your positive comments and suggestions.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Syn Strykiir.9356

Syn Strykiir.9356

My wife and I did not receive the chest in mail. I see lots you people who did event but didn’t loot chest getting theirs, that’s great! I see some people who did event but didn’t get chest and still got no mail chest that’s not great ;‘( I see people who didn’t even log on that whole event or participate at all getting the mail that’s wrong, but lucky for them “gz”!
I see some got chest during event and getting another, that’s wrong also but “gz” for their luck too. If you’re gonna reward one person twice, then you need to reward ALL people twice! As the saying goes, “Share and share alike or don’t share at all!”

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

I hope i’ll be able to get one i logged for the event all thre days, i still have all the items of the previus phases, i have the emails for the start of the event.. but sadly i had a lot of crashes while trying to reach the Karka Hive, and couldn’t login after.

(edited by Lolindir.3518)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Yeah! Gaile is the support mastermind, she just interfaces with the public while the developers scurry in the background to figure out what’s going on. They’re definitely involved, guys, don’t worry about that fact. I didn’t get my chest, and while I think I deserve one considering the criteria Gaile has described, I’m not all that worried. I’m sure it’ll get sorted out, and if not, there will hopefully be more super-awesome-epic chests in the future for me to try my hand at earning.

I appreciate the ANet teams’ effort in trying to reward people who suffered disconnects and the like during this event. I think that’s just swell and really commendable; most companies would say it was your fault and to deal with it. This sort of dedication to fairness is part of what separates ANet from the crowd.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Elatus.7091

My wife and I did not receive the chest in mail. I see lots you people who did event but didn’t loot chest getting theirs, that’s great! I see some people who did event but didn’t get chest and still got no mail chest that’s not great ;‘( I see people who didn’t even log on that whole event or participate at all getting the mail that’s wrong, but lucky for them “gz”!
I see some got chest during event and getting another, that’s wrong also but “gz” for their luck too. If you’re gonna reward one person twice, then you need to reward ALL people twice! As the saying goes, “Share and share alike or don’t share at all!”

Apparently the poeple that recieved the chest that didnt even log into the event simply forget that they had logged into the event :P

You right though why are poeple that looted the chest already recieving a second chest ?

It would be actually quite useful to know what the script looks for to be eligble for the box

Posted by: Random Weirdness.6750

Random Weirdness.6750

Yeah! Gaile is the support mastermind, she just interfaces with the public while the developers scurry in the background to figure out what’s going on. They’re definitely involved, guys, don’t worry about that fact. I didn’t get my chest, and while I think I deserve one considering the criteria Gaile has described, I’m not all that worried. I’m sure it’ll get sorted out, and if not, there will hopefully be more super-awesome-epic chests in the future for me to try my hand at earning.

I appreciate the ANet teams’ effort in trying to reward people who suffered disconnects and the like during this event. I think that’s just swell and really commendable; most companies would say it was your fault and to deal with it. This sort of dedication to fairness is part of what separates ANet from the crowd.

You pretty much said everything I was about to say, lol

At least someone is talking to us about it, instead of only being able to get vague answers through support tickets

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I feel the same way, most we can do is hope we atleast get something and if not keep complaining. I just can’t believe people who hadn’t logged on for days are getting them, that’s a real kick in the face.

I can’t believe that, either, Kurama — in fact I do not believe it. Talking to the people involved in the creation of the script, I just don’t see how an account that wasn’t even logged in — at all! — could get a chest. I would like to hear from someone who was in that situation, who flat out states, “I did not log into the game during the entire event, and yet I got a chest.”

• We have plenty of reports of people who got a chest who earned it.
  • We know of players who did not receive the chest, and we’re working on that.
  • We have a few reports of people who got a second chest. (No, to answer the question, do not expect a second chest if you got one — those who got a second got it in error, but we’re not going to take it away, nor are we giving out “second helpings” to everyone. )
  • I don’t know of anyone who flat-out did not earn the chest who got one. I’d love to hear from that person!

Thanks for your patience as we look into this whole situation.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Oh man. This is a day-brightener, and thank you for posting this.

I know people are upset. And I understand why, I really do.

We’ll get it sorted!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Jaggedrain.6923

Guys,

Thanks for the clarification, Gaile.

Hopefully this will all be sorted out quickly, and I will not have to keep running back to my pc every five minutes to see what is going on.

P.S. Your point regarding the copy-paste answers is well-made and true. I apologize for kittening about it here and elsewhere, as I had not considered the sheer volume of support requests (or screaming hysterics, depending on your point of view) that are sure to be cluttering Support’s inboxes.

Posted by: Random Weirdness.6750

Random Weirdness.6750

I can’t believe that, either, Kurama — in fact I do not believe it. Talking to the people involved in the creation of the script, I just don’t see how an account that wasn’t even logged in — at all! — could get a chest. I would like to hear from someone who was in that situation, who flat out states, “I did not log into the game during the entire event, and yet I got a chest.”

• We have a few reports of people who got a second chest. (No, to answer the question, do not expect a second chest if you got one — those who got a second got it in error, but we’re not going to take it away, nor are we giving out “second” to everyone.)
  • I don’t know of anyone who flat-out did not earn the chest who got one. I’d love to hear from that person!

I know I’m doing the “I know someone….” thing, but I know for a solid fact that my boyfriend did not log in at all during the event… actually none of the phases. He slept through the whole entire weekend event stuff :p But he did end up receiving a chest yesterday (I still haven’t).
And the reason why I know he wasn’t logged in is because my steam will pop up a message anytime he logs in (it automatically logs him in when he starts up his computer), and I didn’t see the “so and so is now online” pop up in game. I swear I don’t stalk him
Oh, and I also was discussing this stuff with him yesterday as well

Posted by: pegasus.8247

pegasus.8247

Could it possible maybe the devs kittened up? Certainly wouldn’t be the first time. I think you get a lot of hostility due to more and more people are getting fed up with the bungles. You mention you personally think about the players who can’t access the one time events due to timezones, but your bosses at Anet continue to ignore them and hold one time events…

Elatus.7091

• We know of players who did not receive the chest, and we’re working on that.
  • We have a few reports of people who got a second chest. (No, to answer the question, do not expect a second chest if you got one — those who got a second got it in error, but we’re not going to take it away, nor are we giving out “second helpings” to everyone. )

I’ll do the hard work :P

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Lost-Shores-event-disconnect-solution-merged-threads/938733

when you ask you shall recieve

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Lost-Shores-event-disconnect-solution-merged-threads/938779

theres probably more but you can look for yourself

(edited by Elatus.7091)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Guys,

Thanks for the clarification, Gaile.

Hopefully this will all be sorted out quickly, and I will not have to keep running back to my pc every five minutes to see what is going on.

P.S. Your point regarding the copy-paste answers is well-made and true. I apologize for kittening about it here and elsewhere, as I had not considered the sheer volume of support requests (or screaming hysterics, depending on your point of view) that are sure to be cluttering Support’s inboxes.

Wow, another positive post, and I’m frankly really surprised. People hate “form letters,” and I do, too. But being on the other side, I know how important it is for us to get you information that you need, and I’d rather “form letter it” than have you get confusing info, or have a response miss some of the details you need, etc. Our agents are great at responding, and I trust they’d get it right, but for large-scale issues, honestly, a “form letter” is better for everyone, because it gives you as much information as possible as clearly as possible. (Well, “clearly” if I’m doing a good job writing it up. )

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: OwlMind.7510

OwlMind.7510

I was in event, but still didn’t get my reward. I’m very sad. Proof screeshot.

http://savepic.ru/3415586.jpg

(edited by OwlMind.7510)

Kurama.1257

Okay well Gaile has actually managed to calm me down a bit now, it does help when you have someone like this interfacing with the public. I just hope I actually get compensated for that disconnection I worked ages for that and honestly I’m tired of fighting and being disappointed. I don’t like posting on here in frustration, I want to be able to say nice things about arena net, so far even since playing Guild Wars 2 the nicest thing about it is probably Gaile.

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Furthermore I already stated this, but never NEVER ever do something like this during the off hours, but do it during business hours so you can jump on any problems immediately. This is just another major F-up by you guys.

Wow. You’ll go far *rolleyes*

The script was run during business hours (Based off the posts, sometime between 11am-12pm Pacific time). It apparently took longer than they estimated, however, and ran late.

Not sure of the surprise "Lock you out of the website and game" maintenance was related or not.

Posted by: Emunator.5371

Emunator.5371

Wow, another positive post, and I’m frankly really surprised. People hate “form letters,” and I do, too. But being on the other side, I know how important it is for us to get you information that you need, and I’d rather “form letter it” than have you get confusing info, or have a response miss some of the details you need, etc. Our agents are great at responding, and I trust they’d get it right, but for large-scale issues, honestly, a “form letter” is better for everyone, because it gives you as much information as possible as clearly as possible. (Well, “clearly” if I’m doing a good job writing it up. )

Well people can be positive Gaile and i have great respect for your work here.
You are doing a great job on informing people, just hope the unlucky ones get it sorted soon.