Launcher Issues [merged]

Launcher Issues [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Shadow Dragon.9874

Shadow Dragon.9874

Patch downloaded successfully but after that the launcher froze. Stopped the launcher process, restarted the launcher and it freezes after few seconds.

Did repair thingy and it was completed successfully. However the problem wasn’t fixed :\

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: acesoulja.1467

acesoulja.1467

Hi, my launcher issue is the most mentioned beforehand, about installation, ive played the game before then i updated my OS to windows 7 ultimate and the new features are new to me, my issue is when i try to install the game it gets stuck at 11000kb and turns to 0kb and then disappears, a pop up saying do you allow this game i click allow however nothing changes, im sure it is some kind of security system ,i have learnt how to disable all my services though the issue with that is my internet connection also gets disabled, is there anyway around that what services should i keep enabled to keep my connectivity to the internet while still disabling all services to install the game without any security system popping up ? please gamemasters/forum masters help me out.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: VictoriousMonk.7150

VictoriousMonk.7150

Can’t run the game either. It gets to the login screen and freezes. I try to click somewhere in the window and nothing works. Restarted my computer as well.

Was working last night.

Edit: Also tried to run the GW2 repair, but it crashed as well.

(edited by VictoriousMonk.7150)

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Axes Denied.2940

Axes Denied.2940

I have the same problem where after it launches then it disappears but the task at the bottom of the Windows bar still shows it is running. FYI, I have Comodo firewall and at first it blocked the coherentui_host.exe from running. Then I added it to the safe list in the Comodo sandbox and that’s when I get this problem.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Diamondous Valorim.9432

Diamondous Valorim.9432

My launcher boots up, and then immediately freezes, just the empty fields for name and password.
I have run repair, I have made an admin, I have tried all options up to date short of re installing.

Running windows 8,
Nvidia gtx860m

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Horripilations.8125

Horripilations.8125

i have the same issue. sometimes it’ll try patching then freeze, other times it will just freeze right off the bat without even fully loading the display

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Zajinn Matuin.8732

Zajinn Matuin.8732

I have the same problem where after it launches then it disappears but the task at the bottom of the Windows bar still shows it is running. FYI, I have Comodo firewall and at first it blocked the coherentui_host.exe from running. Then I added it to the safe list in the Comodo sandbox and that’s when I get this problem.

I have the exact same issues. Had no problems earlier today before the patch rolled out, but encountered this issue IMMEDIATELY when the new patch happened, and have not been able to fix it no matter what I try.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: lethotix.2973

lethotix.2973

it launches up but gets stuck at the patcher. sometimes it gets stuck at 1% the other times it isnt even showing that its patching and sits there doing nothing.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: thavleifrim.4176

thavleifrim.4176

try this one:
1. create shortcut to Gw2.exe
2. right click on newly created shortcut -> Properties and add params like this: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -email your@email.com -password yourpassword -nopatchui
3. run from your new shortcut

this fix worked for me, first time i tried it i just got a black screen with the gw2 cursor, but when i double checked the password was wrong.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Phlingpufar.1504

Phlingpufar.1504

Similar launcher problem here. Double GW2 click icon, launcher appears and says initialising. This then quickly closes and the launcher reappears and hangs. The Launcher is completely unresponsive, I cannot type in the password or close the launcher. I have to use task manager to close it.

Attached Image shows state of launcher when frozen.

Windows 7 PC

Attachments:

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: RouterGeeks.6320

RouterGeeks.6320

I ran the launcher and it updated itself then it appeared to start downloading the game update but seemed to freeze after about 2 minutes. I noticed that it was still downloading content even though the UI appeared to be frozen but after about 200 Mb that too stopped.

Now, when I run the launcher it either displays an incompletely drawn login screen or it appears to be at 100% complete yet it is still non-responsive. Each time I run the launcher I see this in my system event log:

Faulting application name: CoherentUI_Host.exe, version: 1.8.4.6, time stamp: 0x53bd60a3
Faulting module name: CoherentUI_Host.exe, version: 1.8.4.6, time stamp: 0x53bd60a3
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00e8604c
Faulting process id: 0x1600
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfcc97f26c9b0e
Faulting application path: C:\Games\gw2\bin\CoherentUI_Host.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Games\gw2\bin\CoherentUI_Host.exe
Report Id: 306e0d95-388b-11e4-bbcd-005056c00008

I should also mention that this is happening on 2 other computers in the house as well. Three very unhappy campers at the moment!

Additional info: creating a shortcut with the "-email / -password / -nopatchui does allow the game to launch for me.

(edited by RouterGeeks.6320)

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

try this one:
2. right click on newly created shortcut -> Properties and add params like this: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -email your@email.com -password yourpassword -nopatchui

This worked for me, but I cannot access the new TP. On the few occasions I have tried GW2 crashes.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: annieoakley.8165

annieoakley.8165

I’m getting more & more frustrated with this issue – it’s been several hours and Anet has not yet resolved the problem. I understand patches and major updates will have problems but this is too much.

[BEEP] Explicit
Man has will, but Woman has her way – Oliver Wendell Holmes

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: vidghast.7081

vidghast.7081

Frozen for me as well. Seems to load fully, then freezes, and other times stops before input fields go up on the graphic.

Party hard, sparkle harder.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Izerpizer.3490

Izerpizer.3490

I have the exact same problem. I was in-Game then i got an error code and got kicked out and the game said you have been disconnected from the server. Then i tried relaunching the game but it kept getting stuck at the launcher and i couldn’t click anything. The only way i could close it was force quitting with task manager. So i tried re-installing it, but i cant get passed the window where it says ‘Click To Install Guild Wars Two’ it just kept freezing and i had to force quit again. It all happened earlier today.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Silvyr.1697

Silvyr.1697

Rafal.9062:
try this one:
This worked for me, but I cannot access the new TP. On the few occasions I have tried GW2 crashes.

Ditto. Cannot access the TP without crashing but at least I can get in doing this.

Tyriamisu – the sweetest and most delicious staff water ele of [Hel]

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Alkonium.9164

Alkonium.9164

I’ve been having a problem where the Launcher simply freezes at the login screen. I can’t do anything other than close the program, and that’s only if I do it from the taskbar.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Danielapsama.1672

Danielapsama.1672

I had the same issue with freezing in the launcher as everyone else seems to have, I managed to fix it with the “-email -password -nopatchui” commands.

However I just thought I’d post here that the game seems to crash when I start playing around with the trading post (which doesn’t work either) I don’t think the issues are related, but just thought I’d post anyway.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Talitha.1932

Talitha.1932

I am also having the same issue, client crashed during update. Tried the uninstall/reinstall approach, unable to install. It crashes at the client, when I try again, the previous try is still running in the background but inaccessible.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: mobtek.3075

mobtek.3075

I got the same result as RouterGeek using email nopatchui etc just gave me a black screen. Firewhale is off, running as administrator etc etc
Faulting application name: CoherentUI_Host.exe, version: 1.8.4.6, time stamp: 0×53bd60a3
Faulting module name: CoherentUI_Host.exe, version: 1.8.4.6, time stamp: 0×53bd60a3
Exception code: 0×40000015
Fault offset: 0×0113dcd5
Faulting process id: 0×15fc
Faulting application start time: 0×01cfcca56b67d9dc
Faulting application path: C:\Guild Wars 2\bin\CoherentUI_Host.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Guild Wars 2\bin\CoherentUI_Host.exe
Report Id: a91c56bb-3898-11e4-825e-1040f3e76b35
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Windows 8.1 64-bit AMD Radeon HD6970M

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: ZoDoS.4698

ZoDoS.4698

i have to say the fix (-email -password -nopatchui) worked for me. Also i know that we cant access the TP yet because the new TP is part of the new UI which as you see in the fix it says “nopatchUI” so there wont be any TP access until Anet fixes the actual problem.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Rhyft.7901

Rhyft.7901

Traveling and attempted to log in and download the update from hotel internet, freezing/crashing at launcher every time I open. Was playing fine last night.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Dirril.7042

Dirril.7042

This seemed to work on Windows 8.1 (latest updates): disabling “Automatically detect settings” in the Network > Proxy control panel.

Not sure if this was just coincidence, or something else was fixed. Perhaps the new launcher is more sensitive to network issues / crappy proxy detection? I had previously tried basically everything everybody else had in this thread (repair, run as admin, disable firewall/av, uninstall/attempt to reinstall).

It’s a simple setting to test out, so it might be worth a shot.

YMMV.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: General Belisarius.2548

General Belisarius.2548

cannot enter game or instal update. something about UI morern launcher error thingy

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: General Belisarius.2548

General Belisarius.2548

im not good witgh computers am i gonna need to change settings and do some kind of work arounds suggested or will this be fixed and let meplay soon?

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: RouterGeeks.6320

RouterGeeks.6320

This seemed to work on Windows 8.1 (latest updates): disabling “Automatically detect settings” in the Network > Proxy control panel.

Not sure if this was just coincidence, or something else was fixed. Perhaps the new launcher is more sensitive to network issues / crappy proxy detection? I had previously tried basically everything everybody else had in this thread (repair, run as admin, disable firewall/av, uninstall/attempt to reinstall).

FWIW, That fixed it for me as well – I no longer have to run the launcher with -email / -password / -nopatchui.

This is on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings
Make sure “Automatically detect settings” is UNchecked

Funny thing is, I usually disable auto-detect but apparently I have gotten lax in my old age.

EDIT: This fixed the issue on all 3 computers. I think we have a winner!

(edited by RouterGeeks.6320)

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Tremont.7612

Tremont.7612

Same launcher lockup on Windows 7, 64-bit, with the following Event log entry:

Faulting application name: CoherentUI_Host.exe, version: 1.8.4.6, time stamp: 0×53bd60a3
Faulting module name: CoherentUI_Host.exe, version: 1.8.4.6, time stamp: 0×53bd60a3
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0×00e8604c
Faulting process id: 0×383c
Faulting application start time: 0×01cfccacf8ac7921
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\bin\CoherentUI_Host.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\bin\CoherentUI_Host.exe
Report Id: 4111c513-38a0-11e4-85c1-40618693cf5c

C’mon guys. I was a developer for 28 years, surely you have a solution by now. This is getting to be very frustrating.

Launcher Issues [merged]

mobtek.3075

Dirril, Success!, after looking at my NetworkDiag.txt I just generated I saw that it wasn’t connecting to one of ANet’s IP addys.
This worked for me on windows 8.1 in the game! Lets see if I crash on accessing TP

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Luna.6195

Luna.6195

Been having the same problem

Attachments:

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Gugg.9467

Gugg.9467

Disabling “Automatically detect settings” in the Proxy menu worked for me as well. Nice work Dirril!

Launcher Issues [merged]

mobtek.3075

Accessing the TP was fine after disabling auto-detect for proxy settings

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: WildCheeeeta.3042

WildCheeeeta.3042

YMMV.

This worked for me on windows 8.1 as well. My clients wasn’t crashing but was freezing when trying to update every time I tired to open it. This though seem to fix the freezing and I was able to log in. Thank you so much Dirril.7042

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Exiled Dbl.9035

Exiled Dbl.9035

Launcher freezes way to fail anet.

3570k oc 4.5Ghz on Water, 16 Gigs of RAM 1866, 2 SSD’s in RAID 0, 2x Gigabyte GTX 760 OC SLI

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Sideout.3257

Sideout.3257

still didn’t work on my end. Getting the “Initializing” part of launcher then it goes to my tray with no further responses.

Tried the Lan settings to no avail, and the -email -password thing is barely a fix as there are noticeable problems in game.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: sharke.6259

sharke.6259

works for me. yay!

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Raven.5640

Raven.5640

YMMV.

More confirmation of this working. You can access the setting through Internet Explorer’s Internet Options or through the Control Panel as mentioned earlier by
RouterGeeks.6320.

Once I had unchecked “Automatically detect settings” I was able to start the install once again. Sadly I had uninstalled it while trying to fix the issue and now face the long download process again.

Thanks everyone!

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Jenko.1768

Jenko.1768

Help! After downloading the latest update, My launcher switched to log in mode and conpletely froze like that… i couldn’t click on any buttons and the game didn’t launch automaticly:(

Attachments:

(edited by Jenko.1768)

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: VictoriousMonk.7150

VictoriousMonk.7150

FWIW, That fixed it for me as well – I no longer have to run the launcher with -email / -password / -nopatchui.

Funny thing is, I usually disable auto-detect but apparently I have gotten lax in my old age.

My “Automatically detect settings” was already unchecked. Still didn’t work. So I unchecked both boxes and it worked.

Hopefully my computer won’t explode.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Helequin.2608

Helequin.2608

LAN settings change in Win 7 64-bit has helped here too!

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Mizukiaki.8590

Mizukiaki.8590

I was wracking my brain so was another friend over this and it turned out to be a stupidly simple answer. Turning it off worked for both my win 7 professional 64bit and win 8.1 comps.

Great games come and go, but the Awesome games are endless!!
Matron Kaldona Kye, Mesmer GW since launch.
Matron Kaldona Kye, Sylvari Chronomancer GW2 since closed Beta.

(edited by Mizukiaki.8590)

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: ObnoxiousProxy.9123

ObnoxiousProxy.9123

YMMV.

Further confirmation that this works. Thank you!

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

THANK YOU BOTH.. you have made me a very happy man!!

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I tried this, my gw2 still just starts up, goes initializing, then minimizes after this. : /

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: EristheFallenOne.3109

EristheFallenOne.3109

Me too! Thanks! The Launcher is working again!

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Areann.1304

Areann.1304

Me too! Thanks! The Launcher is working again!

Jup, it works for me to. I’m on windows 8 and unchekking the detect automatic’ in LAN settings did the trick.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Exuro.9485

Exuro.9485

YMMV.

Just wanted to confirm that this worked for me as well, when nothing else did. Thanks for getting to the bottom of the issue! I’m on Win 7 64-bit, FWIW.

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: jway.8293

jway.8293

I tried this, my gw2 still just starts up, goes initializing, then minimizes after this. : /

Exactly the same problem here
Seriously… what’s with their IT team?! Didn’t they even test the launcher beforehand or at least update their fix status on the forum?!

Win7 / 64bit / wireless router connection / launcher freezes with “Initializing…” text but won’t minimize.

(edited by jway.8293)

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: MirZuBloed.2694

MirZuBloed.2694

Still can not access the game. The launcher first shows "downloading " then “initializing” and then disappears minimized and wont be able to be maximized again.

Tried skipping the login which will resolve in a black screen also the network settings thing was already unchecked.

I tried running the launcher in 256 colours → i could log in but the game crashed shortly after

(edited by MirZuBloed.2694)

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: Slingblade.9134

Slingblade.9134

Anet PLEASE give Dirril some TP credits or something. My god, I have dealt with this all day, your techs couldn’t do diddly, but low and behold one of our own solved the issue. All Hail Dirril~!

Launcher Issues [merged]

Posted by: bakuretso.7125

bakuretso.7125

Same problem. Please fix it.