Network Lag [Merged]

Network Lag [Merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Traigar.2067

Traigar.2067

Hi guys,

Been tracking this thread for a while as I have a similar issue – but so far as I can see no suggestions or fixes (or GW2 acknowledgement?). Anyways, hi end system well in excess of requirements, defragged drive, latest drivers and all that (have been MMOing for a while!). Fps usually sits at a nice 70-80 of an evening (Australia) with graphics set to mid/performance. Problem is then when inn a dungeon lag spikes will hit and I get a 3-20 second delay. Same problem on a seperate hi-end PC in the house. My conclusion is network lag. Would LOVE some of you knowedgable people to help or advise. Would love the same from NCSoft. Anyone out there help a frustrated player??

Cheers

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Doomwish.7385

Doomwish.7385

When A-Net is gonna respond to this thread? I am having horrible lags in the last 3-4 days and I can’t do anything that evolves combat, I didnt have any kind of problems at all before and my internet is working fine on every other game.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Facetroll.6235

Facetroll.6235

I have exactly the same problems with network lag as described by everybody: 2-15 seconds lag in sPVP and WvWvW. Sometimes also in PVE. It started about 4 days ago, everything was working fine before that. This issue has to be fixed soon or otherwise I will definitely request a refund as the game is unplayable in this current state.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Rust In Peace.4796

Rust In Peace.4796

Same problem here, since the latest patch i had absolutely no trouble with lags (never lagged in beta), but now i just cant play. I log in, can play for ~1 min and then i just freeze, and only logging out helps. My ping is fine, i can play any other online game with perfect latency.
Really hope that they fix this issue, i was able to play maybe 4 hours the last 4 days, and its random for everybody.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Mac.1936

Mac.1936

I generally have good ping with GW2. But, when I do get a lag spike it doesn’t go away until I log off and back in. Everything else is fine during this time, but for whatever reason when I do get a spike it doesn’t correct itself.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Cryshot.8205

Cryshot.8205

Anet please help us every night past 7pm gmt i get lags in some areas and not others. lag consists of skills taking 10 seconds to activate and eveyone standing still.

Example of this isi can be in queensdale or overflow with no lag, and then enter cm dungeon and get these 10 secong lag spikes constant with no let up. also effects travel to other areas of the game such as world vs world and mainly story missions. all though the day no lag at all but at night…(not sure due to server load) getting this horrible experience. Avid player of guildwars 1 for many years and really want to enjoy this game…your making it very hard (giggedy)

Other players please respond if your having these same symtoms

Using a 2 mb connection and 560ti 8gbddr3 quad 4gz processor

Regards

Cryshot

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: lunatuna.6823

lunatuna.6823

The game is nearly unplayable for me. I get lag storms of 1-2 minutes at a time and frequent disconnects. When the game is responsive, I’m seeing 120 FPS or higher. During lag storms, I can talk to my guild on Mumble no problem, so I know my internet connectivity is good. I’ve turn down video settings as low as possible – no change.

As others have said, started 2 days ago. No problems of this sort prior from BWE2 until now.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Zadawn.2471

Zadawn.2471

I have huge lag in ascalon and ascalon only

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Minty.4516

Minty.4516

The game is nearly unplayable for me. I get lag storms of 1-2 minutes at a time and frequent disconnects. When the game is responsive, I’m seeing 120 FPS or higher. During lag storms, I can talk to my guild on Mumble no problem, so I know my internet connectivity is good. I’ve turn down video settings as low as possible – no change.

As others have said, started 2 days ago. No problems of this sort prior from BWE2 until now.

I’m having this exact same problem.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Deathcard.7013

Deathcard.7013

During the head start and the first week of the game everything was fine. However, the past week it has been nothing but horrible network lag/disconnects for me anywhere I go. I’m on Gates of Madness server.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Daedalus.2045

Daedalus.2045

I agree with Deathcard, the game has been unplayable for me the past week. I love the game but I keep getting major fps drops and disconnects in any area.

This is sort of off topic but also have been waiting for over 3 hours for the wvwvw queue, was looking forward to playing but it seems like I’ll never get in!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Agonyworm.2819

Agonyworm.2819

Fissure of Woe, UK, had it only today

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

I am on Tarnished Coast, the game has ran smoothly for me since launch I have only done PVE, however today there is a significant drop in FPS, the only explanation I have come up with so far is the most recent update? My game did update this morning when I tried to play so this would be the 09/09 patch if it was updated over night. It gets worse if I am in populated areas such event lightly populated ones such as Queen’s Dale, Claypool become laggy with 3 second delays from the time I press space until my character jumps. This was never an issue before.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Doomwish.7385

Doomwish.7385

It’s really unacceptable that there is still no response or fix for this issue.
This game is unplayable for me for about 5 days now, they only thing I can do is look at the trading post.

I just tried to login while my character is in the mists, took me about 2 minutes just so it will let me see my character(when it usually loads in 10 seconds) and then everything freezes till I get disconnected 5 minutes after I login.

I can’t do anything and arena net can’t even bother replying in this thread.
not the support I was hoping for from this company.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Alex.7408

Alex.7408

Just started having some lag today on Piken Square. Mostly around 0.5-1sec delay.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: sirius.8614

sirius.8614

There is huge ability delay going on in the last 2 days.Yesterday it was OK’ish,today absolutely unplayable.Ability delay of 1 second or more and some “F” key abilitys need to be hammered multiple times to cast.

Playing on riverside is a absolute pain in the “bleep” at the moment.

EDIT:And not to forget FPS get worse with every new patch you guys put out.

(edited by sirius.8614)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Gorkha.2571

Gorkha.2571

I have been experiencing rubber band laggs since 2 to 3 days from now before that it was smooth and polished gameplay. I checked my latency and it seems to be fine but I still keep having 1 to even 5 seconds delays during game play. I donot know if somethings wrong from my computer side or some where else. And I really wanna play this game already.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Renari.4209

Renari.4209

This mostly only happens in dungeons, I’ve had it happen extremely rarely in certain areas that were not dungeons however.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Synapse.4697

Synapse.4697

Also getting a decent amount of lag in the last 3-4 days, playing Piken Square (EU) from Spain. My friends getting it aswell. Mobs will run to positions you are no longer in, and skills take several seconds (1-3 secs) to launch.

Before last thursday-friday, ive never had any lag in game at all.

Can you guys help?

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Deathcard.7013

Deathcard.7013

So are we going to get a response in this thread by someone at Arenanet ever? The game is unplayable for me. If they aren’t going to fix this issue, I’d like a refund.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Kroesar.6479

Kroesar.6479

This mostly only happens in dungeons, I’ve had it happen extremely rarely in certain areas that were not dungeons however.

I’ve been having this issue exactly, however I get it pretty much everywhere, not just dungeons. I seem to get it more pronounced the more there’s happening on screen, but no correlation to other player being in the area, i.e. a bunch of mobs cause it as much as a bunch of players do.

It’s only started about 3 days ago for me, but it seems like it’s getting progressively worse.
As with most other people on this thread, I’ve checked my network connection and it seems to be an issue on the server side.
I hope this will be resolved soon, as the game is near unplayable for me right now

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

For the last 3 – 4 days I’ve had massive network lag. Delay of about 2 seconds on things happening.

Before I was fine and it was great as I connect via a VPN into the UK from Shanghai, the game was smooth as silk, especially in sPvP.

Now I have constant lag, hit weapon switch and nothing happens for 1-2 seconds, when chaining attacks together 50% of the time one of the skills will just flash its icon and never go off.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Spliskin.4256

Spliskin.4256

I started experiencing network lag issues right after Arenanet posted that “We’re increasing the world capacity as necessary to handle all the new players coming into the game”.

This would seem to be an obvious clue as to the root cause of the problem.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Zoidy.2685

Zoidy.2685

In the last two or three days I have noticed the issue with the network lag gone from once every so often (hardly noticeable) to getting disconnected every five to ten minutes, being able to run around a map and be the only person around (including no monsters or NPC’s), activating a skill and having to wait 30 seconds to a minute for something to happen, talking to a NPC and not getting a reply up to a minute if you haven’t already been disconnected from the login server, map loading times two to three times as long, randomly dying after being attacked out of nowhere but nothing there seconds before them have a mob around your now defeated character. The lag has gotten so bad that I no longer play the game as I simply cant play the game as its totally unplayable. Nothing worst than being disconnected half way through a story quest or the cut scenes and then have to redo the whole story quest again from the very start not just once but two to three freaking times….

When is this issue going to be fixed? its a game breaker…. its a major problem that needs to be addressed asap.

I’ve restarted my computer
restarted my router
disabled my anti virus
disabled the firewall
purchased a new router (I needed a new one anyway not because of Guild wars 2 lagging like crazy)
repaired the client
updated the client

Happens mostly at night after I come home from work being from New Zealand I mostly play at nights or the day when I have time off work.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Makovorn.1706

Makovorn.1706

I’m noticing a very odd problem at the moment, where there is continual lag spikes – one moment my skills would work okay, but then it starts lagging, up to the point where my character rubber-bands quite severely when I use skills that launch or propel my character forward.

I’ve run the usual diagnostic stuff – tracert to the servers shows no problem (around 280ms, which is quite normal while connecting from South Africa), no packet loss or anything out of the ordinary that I can see. I did double check with our local ISP and telecom provider, no problems there.

The only thing I can think of, is server-side lag. I’m playing on Aurora Glade (EU). Some players have been mentioning network lag in map chat, but it seems very sporadic. Hopefully the tech guru’s at ArenaNet could assist or advise. If any additional info is needed, I’d me more than happy to provide it.

Many thanks.

EDIT: I’ve run the client with the -diag option and I have the info on hand. Is it safe to paste it here, or do I send it some other way i.e. their support system or e-mail?

(edited by Makovorn.1706)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Zeke Minus.5720

Zeke Minus.5720

Ever since this passed Thursday/Friday, I have also been having the same issues as the above posters. This has not occurred before with any game. The lag is constant, and it seems to begin immediately upon login. Time of day is not a factor.

At this point in time, it’s quite irritating and almost unplayable, as everything I do has a delay of some sort. I also experience rubber-banding with my evasive skills which also puts me at an extreme disadvantage while trying to fight.

I hope this is something that can be resolved soon!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Boxy.3824

Boxy.3824

Hello i just wanted to add to this post, since about a week ago, i started getting 3-5 secs lagspikes every 30-60 sec or so, it just hangs and then goes back to normal, i suspect it has something to do with raising the player cap or something ?

I played during all betas and all stress test + headstart without any problems. also i’ve had same very stable and fast landline for the last 4 years.

Edit: as some other mentions, time of day plays no role. its a constant 3-5 secs lag every min or so.

(edited by Boxy.3824)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Xenotor.1350

Xenotor.1350

Server: Abadons Mouth (DE)

Me and some of my guildmates got high lag spikes in wvw 10 – 30 seks in battle and 1-3 sek lag spikes in PVE. While other Guild members are completly fine.

We have different provider and live in different locations but still have the same lag spikes.

Like Boxy i played in the Betas , stress tests and headstart without this problem but it startet 3 or 4 days ago and got worse with each day.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: TitanHack.4372

TitanHack.4372

Server : Maguuma [US]
I initially thought it was my internet connection but after several tests i am positive it isnt the problem. ive tried downloading software and playing back HD videos over the net from different servers around the world and i have had no problems doing so.
[i am from india.]

ive played the betas and also the prelaunch without any problem.
im experiencing this 2-6 sec lag in the last 3 days. im unable to play, cant do events and even gathering stuff is becoming annoying. please help us ANet.

regards,
Geoff

IGN: Titan Hack, Human Warrior, Maguuma World

(edited by TitanHack.4372)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: antiquo.4081

antiquo.4081

It’s been a week since this stuff has been happening constantly and there hasn’t even been a response yet? I’d like to play the game sometime.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Noldoroth.2806

Noldoroth.2806

I’ve been having the same issues, and tried this workaround for a different issue:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/error-42-0-9001-3927/10994

Seems to have fixed the problem for me, I just did a 6 hour session with zero lag.

My guess is it’s the ISP throttling port 6112 in peak times, I think it falls within the range of ‘file sharing’ ports. They will never throttle port 80.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: buttski.6135

buttski.6135

3rd day now that pvp is nearly unplayable bacaue of lagspikes.

A day without blood is a day without sunshine.
Desolation

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

I’ve experienced it in WvW, but that kinda lag generally hits everyone. That is just the servers being unable to handle the load of large sieges.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Geist.1740

Geist.1740

Server: Piken Square EU
Connecting from Amsterdam area, my pings on online games are usually 15ms and no packetloss obviously.

Started to notice network, packetloss style, lag since a few days ago. In some zones it seems fine but in others there will be a pause in gameplay of 1 to 2 seconds every 5 or so seconds. Very annoying and brings down enjoyment of the game by a lot.

This didn’t happen during headstart or the week after that, smooth lagless gameplay until now.

(edited by Geist.1740)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: JackinYaBox.5284

JackinYaBox.5284

Connecting from Amsterdam area, my pings on online games are usually 15ms and no packetloss obviously.

Started to notice network, packetloss style, lag since a few days ago. In some zones it seems fine but in others there will be a pause in gameplay of 1 to 2 seconds every 5 or so seconds. Very annoying and brings down enjoyment of the game by a lot.

This didn’t happen during headstart or the week after that, smooth lagless gameplay until now.

Exactly the same here. First week or so it was perfectly fine, now I’m getting a second or two of latency whenever I use an ability, evade etc.

On Piken Square [EU] also. From the UK, on Sky Broadband.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Davi.4920

Davi.4920

Exactly the same here. First week or so it was perfectly fine, now I’m getting a second or two of latency whenever I use an ability, evade etc.

On Piken Square [EU] also. From the UK, on Sky Broadband.

Having the exact same problem but on Virgin MEdia

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Syron.9427

Syron.9427

Today I tried to play again and the lag is incredibly oppressive and the error 7 is still there, but now I can log-in without problems.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: sirius.8614

sirius.8614

This game is gettin more unresponsive every day.Not only do the FPS suck in this game since friday,the ability delay get worse and worse and worse.And what does Arena.net do?OF COURSE they are allowing even more people to get in with making digital download available again.

Grats Arena.net.Very smart decision.

EDIT:Did anyone notice that WHOLE ZONES start to lag like crazy when there is a dragon fight in the zone?Experienced it yesterday in the zone were tenquatl is,dragon appeared and shorty after that crazy lag and ability delay up to 5 seconds or more and i was not even near the dragon.

(edited by sirius.8614)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Brtwrst.9312

Brtwrst.9312

Me and some Guild Members are experiencing heavy lags at the moment. Including dungeons, towns and explorable areas. We are all playing from South/West Germany. I created a -diag file and will attach it to this post.

Attachments:

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Nepumuk.6071

Nepumuk.6071

heavy lags. We are all playing from South/West Germany. I created a -diag file and will attach it to this post.

Same problem here from northern Germany.

World: Gunnar’s Hold
Maps: Cursed Shore, WvW Borderlands

The lag feels very similar to what I experienced occasionally during headstart:
Skills, NPC and other player movement and actions are delayed for up to 10-15 seconds. It seems to come in waves.

Twice I got disconnected with error: 7:11:3:189:101
Once I logged in and stuck on the loading screen for Cursed Shore for ages until I got dumped back to character select.

EDIT: Also interacting with merchant NPCs shows a large delay when e.g. I double click an item on the sell tab.

EDIT2: I have port forwarding configured for 80, 443, 6112 and 6600, since a disconnect problem during Beta Weekend 2.

Attachments:

(edited by Nepumuk.6071)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Leetwick.5026

Leetwick.5026

Crazy lag on Fissure of Woe EU for like 3 maybe 4 hours.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Nidhoeggr.5893

Nidhoeggr.5893

Same problem here since yesterday evening (on DE Drakkar Lake). Connecting from western Germany via T-Online. According to Map Chat a lot of others are experiencing the same problems. In addition to the delay when activating skills I had a new problem today. When right-clicking on a name in chat the context menu would not open. I’m not sure if this is lag related.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Menotti.6503

Menotti.6503

This clientport 80 fix – what exactly is it telling the client to do? Listen on port 80, or target port 80 for outbound connections?

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Schnu.9568

Schnu.9568

Experiencing lags on Drakkar Lake, too. It started yesterday, before that everything was fine. The same problem occured to me during beta, but after launch it had disappeared. And now it’s there again :/

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: shamblemonkee.8095

shamblemonkee.8095

same, last two days i’ve been getting intermittent lag, on gunnars hold, all zones. everything else online runs fine at the same time

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Frozen nova.9632

Frozen nova.9632

I get some network lag in Fields of Ruin. Playable but pretty bad.

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Northman.2397

Northman.2397

I’m having the same issue. I sometimes get 7:11:3:189:101 error as well but I have turned my firewall off and forwarded the appropriate ports on my router.

I’m also getting error 3032.1002.3.3939.101 constantly when I’m still connected to the internet.

(edited by Northman.2397)

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Steb.2571

Steb.2571

I’ve been receiving random lag during 8’s and tournaments, it seems to happen at random intervals, and some of my team also gets lag, but not to the extent I do. It has only started happening within the last 48 hours, prior to that I’ve never had this issue, and in every area in the game, I do not have any lag.

IGN: Steb
Team: Blacklisted [Envy]

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: Thost.2564

Thost.2564

Came across this when I tried to play in the plains of ashford, though it seems others in the thread have had it much worse. The latency itself wasn’t so bad (less than a second) but it’s effect on combat was. Timing was a mess, skills didn’t go off correctly or at all (sometimes the animation would play but the skill itself wouldn’t activate) and the auto-attack seemed to be tripping over itself with weird pauses or stopping entirely. Thought the problem was on my end until I went back to queensdale, then everything was snappy and perfect again!

Network Lag [Merged]

Posted by: ImagoX.4718

ImagoX.4718

BAD lag in Maguuma, northern part of the Sylvari starting zone (near the Krait Slaver lake). DC’d twice and finally abandoned the game when lag was multi-second. Currently unplayable (by me anyway) as of this posting.