The NA Bronze League Thread

in Match-ups

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

Let’s look at facts bro – for example SF/DH/ET match. You got down to 105 PPT on Sunday night and down to 145 PPT at 8am Friday morning. Besides those two dips the lowest you ever reached was like 170 PPT but almost always kept it at 200+. And wednesday, thursday, friday you had the PPT ead at 5am.

Lowest we reached this match was +5 PPT Monday morning around 6am server (though I think we were able to increase that to +15 for the tick).

Oh no!!! You used facts in your argument here, I am not sure they will understand what you are trying to stay…

Yeah, I’m that super low PPT was all just a figment of our imaginations. And mos.millenium’s too.

Can you not read? I was referring to your closest match SF/DH/ET. You’re simply pointing out HoD has a strong night crew which nobody is denying.

Yeah, I can. Hence why I deleted the post before you posted your snark. Don’t need to be such an kitten about it.

lol sorry for being a kitten we are all in bronze for a reason and that reason is mainly we all lack 24/7 coverage. if SF’s day crew had HoD’s night crew it would be a middle-silver server.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

And if all the bronze league servers merged, we would be T1!

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Let’s look at facts bro – for example SF/DH/ET match. You got down to 105 PPT on Sunday night and down to 145 PPT at 8am Friday morning. Besides those two dips the lowest you ever reached was like 170 PPT but almost always kept it at 200+. And wednesday, thursday, friday you had the PPT ead at 5am.

Lowest we reached this match was +5 PPT Monday morning around 6am server (though I think we were able to increase that to +15 for the tick).

Oh no!!! You used facts in your argument here, I am not sure they will understand what you are trying to stay…

Yeah, I’m that super low PPT was all just a figment of our imaginations. And mos.millenium’s too.

Can you not read? I was referring to your closest match SF/DH/ET. You’re simply pointing out HoD has a strong night crew which nobody is denying.

Yeah, I can. Hence why I deleted the post before you posted your snark. Don’t need to be such an kitten about it.

lol sorry for being a kitten we are all in bronze for a reason and that reason is mainly we all lack 24/7 coverage. if SF’s day crew had HoD’s night crew it would be a middle-silver server.

Well, we certainly agree on that.

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Ya, but imagine the NA primetime queues. No thank you!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Apology accepted. And yeah, we’d probably be solidly in Silver League if we had more 24/7 coverage. Having a night/daytime hours crew has been a dream of ours since launch.

http://youtu.be/RfHnzYEHAow

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in Match-ups

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Apology accepted. And yeah, we’d probably be solidly in Silver League if we had more 24/7 coverage. Having a night/daytime hours crew has been a dream of ours since launch.

O M G Manoa! First, a “Fiddler on the Roof” reference so long ago and now Don Quixote??

I heart you!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

O M G Manoa! First, a “Fiddler on the Roof” reference so long ago and now Don Quixote??

I heart you!

I just KNEW you’d appreciate that Cantar.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jereme.1840

Jereme.1840

5g on SF

Pay up!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Plains of Ashes.5941

Plains of Ashes.5941

insane photo finish between AR and ET. looks like AR might get the upset win. fun stuff

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mugo.5723

Mugo.5723

Well we will see how the scores look once the weekday hits. I doubt AR can keep up with ET during the weekday, thy have forever been in last place for a reason.

Sure showed this guys what’s up. For those that think that AR will finish last in bronze go check the schedule. DR is caught in the crossfire between HoD/SF and if we pull out another 2nd place victory, we will be set-up with another tie-breaker with DR and ET will be in last. Only burnout at this point in time will ruin our momentum.

NA gold league-Decided after week 1 when BG beat SoR/JQ
NA silver league-Decided after week 1 when FA beat SBI/DB
NA bronze league-Most competitive league in GW2

Cheers to the bottom tiers!

Manvil Rock Commander Riem Gren [MAN]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Ahem! What’s that about …
Sorrow’s Terrace of Denravi’s Crossing?" I mean, seriously. That force alone could potentially wreck most of Silver.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Match-ups

Posted by: madchatter.7964

madchatter.7964

Ahem! What’s that about …
Sorrow’s Terrace of Denravi’s Crossing?" I mean, seriously. That force alone could potentially wreck most of Silver.

No, because no one in bronze is used to having to play only pushing “1.” The force of the lag would potentially wreck everyone, though.

GoM – [ASH] | Check out the GoMmunity!
main: Medeina (human d/d ele)
alts: yes xP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

In the end, LAG > Skills… That’s why numbers win.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

NA gold league-Decided after week 1 when BG beat SoR/JQ
NA silver league-Decided after week 1 when FA beat SBI/DB
NA bronze league-Most competitive league in GW2

Cheers to the bottom tiers!

I somewhat disagree that our league wasn’t already decided on the first week aswell…

Almost everyone was already expecting that HoD would win (after beating the only wild card on the play: Kaineng). HOWEVER, after seeing the massive numbers that SF fielded in the first weeks, people thought that they may had a chance on beating HoD. (SF always been massive, but hell, you had to see their zergs at week 1… I thought I was fighting SoR back on Blackgate again…)

The only competitiveness we have on Bronze (and at some extend at mid-silver) are the servers fighting to get a better rank than the others (which have 0 chance of happening on Gold), but that doesn’t really change what was already hapenning on the pre-season. Except that we’ll not “win by losing” like on glicko ratings.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in Match-ups

Plains of Ashes.5941

Dang, my favorite thread is languishing. And this despite positions in the league are still up for grabs.

in Match-ups

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Its all gonna come down to the last week, at lest for 2nd place, between us (DH) and SF. Both of us should (key word) be getting 1st place in next weeks matches, which (if we can keep 1st place this week) means we’ll be tied for 2nd place at the start of the last week). ET has the potential to help or hinder either of us and try to guarantee 2nd place for one of us.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

ET has the potential to help or hinder either of us and try to guarantee 2nd place for one of us.

It’s likely to be more a 1v1 between SF and DH… As the current ET status, i’d say both servers will be fighting over ET lands for points.

in Match-ups

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

ET has the potential to help or hinder either of us and try to guarantee 2nd place for one of us.

It’s likely to be more a 1v1 between SF and DH… As the current ET status, i’d say both servers will be fighting over ET lands for points.

Thats why I said ET kinda has the power to determine the winner. You guys could help one or the other server by focusing on the other one only. (hint hint, nudge nudge)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Thats why I said ET kinda has the power to determine the winner. You guys could help one or the other server by focusing on the other one only. (hint hint, nudge nudge)

I doubt anyone would simply lay down and let one specific server control our stuff to just attack the other… We all know that’s not going to happen.

At best we could choose to attack one of the two while we controled all our stuff, but seeing that we barely can hold our stuff against GoM/AR, it’s more likely that we’ll be cleaning our stuff over and over while SF and DH have a 1v1.

I’d suggest DH to keep looking if SF is zerging ET stuff, and cap what their zerg leave behind… Otherwise, SF will just keep a high ppt with paper stuff while you are bashing your heads against Iron Walls somewhere else…

But we still have 10 days until that matchup comes up… Many things can happen.

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in Match-ups

ET is out for ET. Or in other words, there are too many disparate groups playing in WvW to guarantee any singular outcome.

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Righteous.4307

Righteous.4307

Bronze league has proven to be a blast. Second and third place are still up for grabs to whoever wants it the most. SF has noticeably improved as a server over the last two weeks. DH, FC, GoM… if you have your eyes on taking second place from SF be prepared for a good fight. I would suggest that all servers bring their A game in any fight against any server regardless of how dire the situation appears. You might get wiped, but try to figure out why the clash didn’t go your way. Good communication, proper builds, effective scouting, roamers flipping camps/killing yaks, and maintaining proper priorities in the micro level (battles) as well as the macro level (map control) are what win your server victories over the coarse of a week. Keep it up everyone.

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander
http://mugw2.enjin.com/

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Bronze league has proven to be a blast. Second and third place are still up for grabs to whoever wants it the most. SF has noticeably improved as a server over the last two weeks. DH, FC, GoM… if you have your eyes on taking second place from SF be prepared for a good fight. I would suggest that all servers bring their A game in any fight against any server regardless of how dire the situation appears. You might get wiped, but try to figure out why the clash didn’t go your way. Good communication, proper builds, effective scouting, roamers flipping camps/killing yaks, and maintaining proper priorities in the micro level (battles) as well as the macro level (map control) are what win your server victories over the coarse of a week. Keep it up everyone.

2nd and 3rd are solely reserved for SF and DH. We just don’t know who will get what. FC will lose their shot at third next week against HoD (just as GoM).

Other than that, I don’t think the other positions are important:

My guesses for the end:

1 – HoD (35)
2 – SF (31)
3 – DH (29)
4 – FC (23)
4 – GoM (23)
6 – DR (15)
7 – Kain (11)
7 – AR (11)
7 – ET (11)

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

2nd and 3rd are solely reserved for SF and DH. We just don’t know who will get what. FC will lose their shot at third next week against HoD (just as GoM).

Your predictions seem reasonable, but nothing is decided yet. I wouldn’t outright say that 2nd and 3rd are decided. I can remember great fights with FC, DH, and GoM at different times. It will be a challenge for any of those servers to overthrow SF for 2nd, but it is possible. In my eyes 3rd place is still a toss up of who wants it the most. Also, to say that the other rankings don’t matter isn’t really fair. SF, DH, FC, and GoM have already been discussed here, but KN, DR, ET, and AR still have things to fight for. First, nobody wants to be dead last. Second, ANet hasn’t specifically said what the reward chest will hold. I personally hope that it has good loot for everyone who participated enough to get the key. Finally, I think that there are going to battles to enjoy and tactics to learn as Season One comes to an end. Everybody should be able to enjoy that.

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

lol for FC to get 3rd we have to beat DH this week AND one of the following has to happen in week 6/7:

FC beats HoD
DH does not win in AR/DR/DH
DH comes in 3rd place in SF/DH/ET

which of those is more likely?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

Second, ANet hasn’t specifically said what the reward chest will hold.

The chests will each contain ten new players, with the majority of the chests going to the lower-ranked servers.

:)

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

oh and if one of those happens we will be tied. two of the three has to happen for us to get 3rd straight up.

3 out of 7 matches against HoD is a tough spot to be.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Your predictions seem reasonable, but nothing is decided yet. I wouldn’t outright say that 2nd and 3rd are decided. I can remember great fights with FC, DH, and GoM at different times. It will be a challenge for any of those servers to overthrow SF for 2nd, but it is possible. In my eyes 3rd place is still a toss up of who wants it the most. Also, to say that the other rankings don’t matter isn’t really fair. SF, DH, FC, and GoM have already been discussed here, but KN, DR, ET, and AR still have things to fight for. First, nobody wants to be dead last. Second, ANet hasn’t specifically said what the reward chest will hold. I personally hope that it has good loot for everyone who participated enough to get the key. Finally, I think that there are going to battles to enjoy and tactics to learn as Season One comes to an end. Everybody should be able to enjoy that.

Well, even if Dh lost to FC and lost to SF we’d still get 3rd so :/.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Sorry, but I’m grumpy about this season as the only thing I’ve got from it so far was a major headache… I just want it to end already and hope things get better after it.

Attachments:

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in Match-ups

Righteous.4307

Sorry, but I’m grumpy about this season as the only thing I’ve got from it so far was a major headache… I just want it to end already and hope things get better after it.

I’m sorry that you haven’t had an ideal experience. Hopefully you have had some fun along with the headache. Change doesn’t happen overnight, and from what I hear many of the guilds in gold/upper silver are becoming disenchanted with the long queue’s and massive blobs. Hopefully those players recognize that having no (very short) queues and great fights is what bronze is all about.

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Yeah DH has third locked down and a chance at 2nd, no way in hell FC is getting third.

@jek I have been tired of these seasons since the second week. It has ruined wvw for me and the way seasons has made previously cool people on the forums act is sad.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Match-ups

The carrot for leagues isn’t that great to me. I like WvW for the pvp aspect. I’ve been playing MM lately so I can ‘solo’ zerg down people

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

I think the only surprise is SF having a shot to pass DH. ET doing to badly is a surprise though but they are also those with the worst draw. Let’s just hope DH’s night coverage doesn’t run us over in week 7 now that the fair-weathers will be gone seeing we cant finish first.

If anyone thought that HoD wouldn’t be first, especially with the xfer price to there being (still) incredibly low for their WvW position, those people simply do not understand the MMO crowd well enough. Too many people are content with being on the winning side without giving much to win. I was tempted to go there too because what I did wouldnt get destroyed while sleeping, but I figured the rewards would probably suck anyways and that ANet did not deserve my money for transfering.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

in Match-ups

ptitminou.6489

On the bright side, I must say I much rather face HoD and see NSP get destroyed in silver than having HoD in silver. Maybe, given the devs on NSP, they’ll learn what a crappy system their WvW design is. Am I putting too much faith in them actually fixing the game?

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

Now here’s some interesting insight. Post your opinions about this

So before the leagues, I would say that servers WvW population consisted of your die hard PvP guilds and PvP’ers running amok, PvE’ers popped in every once in a while but for the most part, your server population was based on how many die-hard WvW’ers you had. If you had more WvW’ers on your server, you won WvW.

So from a servers stand-point one server may LOOK to outnumber another server judging by how many people participated in WvW; but that is clearly not the case.

And then leagues were released, and with it a nice chunk of achievement points and a 1st 2nd and 3rd place rewards chest promised to the top three servers.

and then boom, servers that people believed had practically no one exploded with participation. Servers that once were dominated, came back with a huge amount of people. (SF use to destroy HoD very regularly.)

The reason I bring this up, is because Arena Net made a very smart move; They gave incentives to win a WvW match.

Here’s part two:

With these incentives the writing was on the wall, its very obvious that HoD has a much larger fairweather base than many of the lower servers. When HoD began to win, more people flocked to the server via transfers.

Now what is interesting is that all of these transfers bumped HoD up into a lower silver league server pretty easily. And this is the point im trying to make:

I believe Arena Net did this on purpose. To get a much better idea of what servers have a higher participation rate compared to others, with the transfers coming from high tiers down to lower tiers there may be a time in the future where Arena Net physically moves servers into certain tiers to be more competitive. While at the same time, generating a lot of revenue.

Make an incentive for people to win, and they will flock to the servers destined to win the leagues. Take the winners on the leages after one or two seasons, and put them in a league of their own. I’m not sure if this was on purpose or not, but i’m trying to give a little credit in hopes that change is indeed coming.

Do any of you believe this was done on purpose to get a better idea of how to balance the servers while still keeping the business’s best interests in mind?

Killing two birds with one stone.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Nah… I belive they just wanted to try change the old broken rating system… If they think this was a sucess, I’m expecting to see us on ppt fighting until their next ‘brilliant’ idea.

in Match-ups

Plains of Ashes.5941

I think the only surprise is SF having a shot to pass DH. ET doing to badly is a surprise though but they are also those with the worst draw. Let’s just hope DH’s night coverage doesn’t run us over in week 7 now that the fair-weathers will be gone seeing we cant finish first.

If anyone thought that HoD wouldn’t be first, especially with the xfer price to there being (still) incredibly low for their WvW position, those people simply do not understand the MMO crowd well enough. Too many people are content with being on the winning side without giving much to win. I was tempted to go there too because what I did wouldnt get destroyed while sleeping, but I figured the rewards would probably suck anyways and that ANet did not deserve my money for transfering.

SF should pule in the matchup thread, not in this thread.

but lets be clear. HoD didnt get stacked by bandwagoners, or huge adds and we havent even before we took your place in T8 with that dysfunctional married couple (heh). We pulled ourselves up. In fact as we crawled back out of T8 we still kept losing guilds and commanders. We pulled ourselves up every week despite the news that yet another server was being lured (by ANET’s policies) into T1 or T2 or T3. And after leagues were announced we lost even more guilds and commanders as they bandwagoned to various servers including the FotM servers at the time: IoJ and SBI. As we would hear someone say that HoD was dead the HoD core WvWers would turn out to try to improve and win matches. It was HoD who put us at the top of bronze not cynical people transferring for an easy win – those people dont come to bottom league servers… lets not be ridiculous ptitminou.

So what you are saying simply isnt true. Much like your server, we pulled ourselves up out of T8 from within – but unlike you and other SFers who want to deny us that, at least we acknowledge what you guys did for yourselves. but whatever.

Did we get some adds right before leagues started. yep. I am one of the active recruiters for the server, and along with a handful of our top commanders we worked hard to invite people who wanted a home to fight for, not a bandwagon to ride. We got some good commanders, and we got some precious adds to our wonderful night/morning crew. We got a couple small teams who wanted to enjoy our small-team-friendly culture and the lag-free fights offered in bronze. But what we gained was only a fraction of what we lost since leagues were first announced. All in all we probably gained less then half of what we lost with just MEND leaving. So there is a reason why our transfer cost is the way it is.

While we didnt get quantity, I will say we did get great quality.

So most of the folks you have been seeing are HoDers, not new transfers. Remember that many of our puggers are the folks who were here when HoD achieved a level of domination in WvW which no other GW2 server will ever achieve. This is the core of HoD who never left when everyone else did, and they are why you get wiped by HoD pug zergs when the odds are not 10:1 in your favor. This is why if you had exactly the same numbers of day crew and night crew we would still beat you.

And as far as transfer cost, HoD should be even lower, and the rest of bronze lower still. nobody in bronze can match more than 2 servers in silver, including HoD. There is ALOT more work that needs to be done in equalizing server pops, not less.

(edited by Plains of Ashes.5941)

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Sorry, but the only server that pulled out T8 by themselves was GoM. (I’m not counting DR and Kaineng that became bandwagons to leave)

SF pulled out when Anet increased the rating for both ET and FC
HoD pulled out by draining rating from even higher ranker servers when the random matchups started

I like your story bro, but don’t add things that aren’t true.

in Match-ups

ptitminou.6489

I must also say that SF did not pull out. The situation is the same as 4 months ago on that server. Sure, we have a lot of fairweathers, but what really happened is that other servers lost a lot of night-time coverage and plunged below us.

However, claiming that HoD did not have a significant amount of transfers wont fool anyone. I’ve gotten PMs about that and someone telling me that it was the only way for them to not have constant queues. I don’t blame them for transfering, just like I don’t blame HoD for getting transfers. Stating facts isn’t blaming. The only blame is on ANet for not keeping their word on making transfers all the same price again once the season started… At least this season did teach us that when they say something, the opposite is also likely to happen.

in Match-ups

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

One thing that is hard to do when trying to measure population sizes on various servers is how to factor in the bandwagon types that only show when a server is winning.

GOM and SF as example saw their populations in WvW drop when they faced HOD towards the end of the week and SF facing HOD for the second week in a row in my opinion has less players then they did the first go round.

Very much would happen with Hod were they losing and I witnessed this when playing servers now in Silver. Those first few nights become very important when trying to maintain interest and if one merely wants to measure population sizes and given those sizes are in such a state of flux how does an Arenanet allow for those fluxes in population size?

If Server A , B and C all have the same number of people and A pulls out in the lead causing MORE players to join A in WvW and more players to leave B and C in WvW then the false conclusion is drawn “It the population size”.

Off hours coverage is another matter entirely. That the server has off hours coverage wherein they outnumber the other servers at the time is not in and of itself the issue. At any given point in time one server tends to have a greater population then the others. It not so much the population as the length of time one server has that greater population given the point system is a function of time.

If Server A outnumbers server B five to one for 4 hours and server B outnumbers server A 2 to one for 20 hours, B generally wins even with a lower overall population. This then fuels the drop in numbers playing alluded to above.

If you somehow rid the system of those off hours and focus only on prime then A is going to always win.

I see a lot of complaint about the points system and how Arenanet is doing a poor job of achieving balance , but see far fewer suggestions as to how it can be fixed.At this point outside a rather cumbersome system of awarding less points for holding or taking a position if ones population in a given borderland is much larger then that of the opponents, I really do not have many ideas on it myself.

When I look to the real world of sports leagues one of their issues has always been “How to achieve parity”. It not easily done even when there a hard limit on the number of players per side.

in Match-ups

ptitminou.6489

You should have read their “discussion” (though they were mostly silent) thread. There were plenty of suggestions. Some even suggested creating a greifer’s paradise thinking it would be better than the lack of balance at the moment. Some suggested lowering map caps to fix the lag and offering transfers to lower tiers to destack servers. There were a lot, but all we got was empty responses so that they could pretend to be “dicussing” WvW with us, hinting that they will not be fixing much. WvW revenu is probably too low. They even deleted my suggestion of selling publicity on keep doors, like a coca-cola door to increase revenu to make it worth it for them to have a team dedicated to WvW only – goes to show their faith in WvW.

in Match-ups

Solstice.1097

Sorry, but the only server that pulled out T8 by themselves was GoM. (I’m not counting DR and Kaineng that became bandwagons to leave)

SF pulled out when Anet increased the rating for both ET and FC
HoD pulled out by draining rating from even higher ranker servers when the random matchups started

I like your story bro, but don’t add things that aren’t true.

hahaha GoM has no right to talk about T8 yet. They were T8 for what…. 2 weeks before leagues started? We Fergs were T8 for almost a YEAR! Until August our total match wins was TWO! Then, without any transfers, we recruited PvE’ers from within and restructured TS and other changes while other servers imploded, leading to us winning 4 out of 6 matches prior to season 1 and pull ourselves up out of T8… for good.

The only other server that can claim to have done so with no significant transfers is ET however they went right back to T8.

It used to be ET was the only server we could beat. Now we are comfortable against ET, AR, DR, GoM, and KN. We also beat SF and DH before season 1 but we’d already heavily recruited our PvE base and don’t have a big one to begin with, so once SF and DH took advantage of that same opportunity it definitely gave them a leg up on us. For now

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

What you are all seeing with HoD is essentially the fairweather effect at a ridiculous level due to leagues.

During this past weekend I checked HoD’s population and in the mornings they were “High” along with ET, Kain, DR, and FC. HoD was ticking 400-500 ppts during this time.

SF was “Very High”, so what that tells me is that SF has lost its fairweathers, and HoD has maintained theirs due to the “winning”. We all know that HoD got “some transfers” but I do not think it is to the extent that some people are suggesting.

I think it is just kittenty PVE/Fairweathers that typically heavily influence matches, doing what they do: influencing matches.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

They even deleted my suggestion of selling publicity on keep doors, like a coca-cola door to increase revenu to make it worth it for them to have a team dedicated to WvW only – goes to show their faith in WvW.

I’d proudly stick a few Natty Light logos on our keep gates. Maybe add a Papa John’s logo on our dolyaks and little pizza boxes on their backs.

We’re very classy over here on GoM.

in Match-ups

ptitminou.6489

What you are all seeing with HoD is essentially the fairweather effect at a ridiculous level due to leagues.

During this past weekend I checked HoD’s population and in the mornings they were “High” along with ET, kittenain, DR.

SF was “Very High”, so what that tells me is that SF has lost its fairweathers, and HoD has maintained theirs due to the “winning”. We all know that HoD got “some transfers” but I do not think it is to the extent that some people are suggesting.

I think it is just kittenty PVE/Fairweathers that typically heavily influence matches, doing what they do: influencing matches.

The sad thing about SF being very high, is that it is also very hard to find a group for PvE, let along one with good players. New content gets queues for roughly 5 days, for 2 hours during prime-time. I wonder, where is our “very high” population hiding? And worse, my best PvE experience is with WvWers because they can avoid red circles :S

in Match-ups

ptitminou.6489

They even deleted my suggestion of selling publicity on keep doors, like a coca-cola door to increase revenu to make it worth it for them to have a team dedicated to WvW only – goes to show their faith in WvW.

I’d proudly stick a few Natty Light logos on our keep gates. Maybe add a Papa John’s logo on our dolyaks and little pizza boxes on their backs.

That’s a great idea for dolyak carrying pizza boxes, didn’t think of it. That idea would totally work, I wonder why they hate it so much.

When he reaches the coca-cola gate, a guard could say, “that Papa John’s pizza tastes great with Coca-cola” [type /ordernow to order at a Papa John’s near you!]

in Match-ups

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

That’s a great idea for dolyak carrying pizza boxes, didn’t think of it. That idea would totally work, I wonder why they hate it so much.

When he reaches the coca-cola gate, a guard could say, “that Papa John’s pizza tastes great with Coca-cola” [type /ordernow to order at a Papa John’s near you!]

“Dang thieves are always killing our dolyaks and stealing our pizza!”

in Match-ups

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

During this past weekend I checked HoD’s population and in the mornings they were “High” along with ET, kittenain, DR.

The sad thing about SF being very high, is that it is also very hard to find a group for PvE, let along one with good players. New content gets queues for roughly 5 days, for 2 hours during prime-time. I wonder, where is our “very high” population hiding? And worse, my best PvE experience is with WvWers because they can avoid red circles :S

Same here, our LA was a ghost town and we were “Very High”…Must all be in fractals….

Fairweathers and PVE’ers are just another reason to totally ignore the scoreboard/PPT. They are like tourists that just show up when they want to, or when it is beneficial to them, and leave the rest of the regulars around to clean up the mess they leave when things get “not-so-fun”.

Don’t get me wrong, I like new people that wanna come and learn to play the game and help out.

What I hate is the people that have been around for a while and only show up when the karma trains are active, they never defend anything, never do anything if there isn’t a commander running, they won’t enter WvW if the PPT doesn’t look good, and they run from fights.

Mag Server Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I’m telling you guys we only became “Very High” randomly during that free trial week back in October and haven’t went down since

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Match-ups

ptitminou.6489

I guess ill be trying my hand at fractals tonight, maybe I can get a group for those. Gonna have to learn to swim though :S I hate flying sims and its how swimming feels in games.

in Match-ups

ptitminou.6489

I’m telling you guys we only became “Very High” randomly during that free trial week back in October and haven’t went down since

We invited someone to our guild the other day, he said “This game is fun, but it’s like the first time I see more than 3 players in the same place” – So surely most people just quit after the free trial since he was lv. 50 and didn’t see anyone during that time.