Official Response: Drop Rate of Legendary Precursors

in Crafting

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Yeah because a car really is legendary… So far this quest for a legendary seems to be a never ending farm fest of Cursed Shore or luck fest, TRUELY, LEGENDARY.

So working every day for 10-20-30 years is also trully legendary ?
You know, have the opportunity to gain earn money (2 mil euros) is also about luck, You need the contracts, promotions, benefits and you also need to work 10000000x harder than in any game out there.

And yet there are still thousand of people doing 100x less work then you and they have 100x more money than you. The world we are living is NOT FAIR and the LUCK is kitten big factor.

We are not talking about they way of obtaining things, but about the actual things. Usually the ’’way’’ of obtaining really valuable things are full of obstructions and its pain, but when you get there, you have kitten good feeling of satisfaction.
You are like every other second person, you see what you want to see, and just ignore the other things.

I still think that only 1% of player base should have legendary at max. If 10% have them, they loose the value and prestigue. (btw I dont have legendary)

By the way, if you want to argue with me, do that, I dont really care… I just feel sorry for you, for those who feel that its unfair how things are hard, about luck, etc.

I believe Areanet knows what to do and I hope they do the right thing for the game, for us and company. Whatever that might be.

I still don’t get the mentality that they need to be exclusive to a very small percentage of the player base. We all paid money for the game and we’re all entitled to experience everything it has to offer. If anet wants it’s game to die it will make content that only a very small amount of people get to see. If they want their game to grow they will make challenging yet fun content that a lot of people can see.

Please note I’m not saying Anet should make content geared towards the lowest skilled players. It still needs to be fun and challenging, but it can’t be exclusive to ~5% of the game population.

Besides that stop worrying about what other people have and are doing with their time in the game and start playing the game for yourself. For me, I want Twilight because I think it looks amazing. I would feel the same if it was given as reward for reaching level 2.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Crafting

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

LoL i was just waiting to anyone to throw this argument.

We all paid this money for the game and we are all entitled to …. really ?

You know what? I already gave Areanet about 250+ euros so dont give me this argument or I can say I am more entitled than you are.

We gave areanet the money so we can USE their servers. We are not entitled to have everything it provides. But we are entitled to experience everything, but we have to put effort into it, depends what are we talking about. Save up 10000 gold+ in your bank and I can guarantee you, you can experiece trully everything.

If the areanet want their game to grow they keep dungeon challenging and keep legendary the way it is. Maybe few drop chance tweaks etc. Fix buggs and add content like halloween.

Keep lowering the requirements, give player more tokens for dungeons, make them easyer and I can guarantee you. GW2 ends up like swtor, rift, wow, etc where players leave cause they have nothing to do.

I played wow from beta tru TBC and cataclysm and I am just terrified how the game looks now. So simple, easy and casual friendly. Blizzard trully gave everything to everyone, Their awesome strategy where everyone is entitled … works really well. NOT

I would rather have game where I play with players, that are patient, hardworking and skilled than with players which plays the game only cause its easy, simple and everyone is entitled to have everything.

(edited by Dogblaster.6713)

in Crafting

fellyn.5083

An accessible game doesn’t need to be an easy game. I didn’t say it had to be made to appease the lowest skilled players in the game. It just has to be accessible.

If players do not feel like they are being rewarded for the time they are putting into the game then they will stop playing it. It’s as simple as that. Which is why people dislike the current rng system for getting a precursor.

We want to play the game. We want to be challenged. We want to have fun. The grind for getting a precursor goes against all of that. It’s not challenging nor is it fun and it can barely be considered playing the game because you’re forced to run the treadmill known as the plinx event chain or sit in the trading post for hours on end each day if you want a precursor. That is in no way legendary.

I played an mmo that based pretty much every aspect of their game on RNG called Aion. You may have heard of it? And if so you know how well that game is doing at the moment. People don’t like RNG.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Crafting

Dogblaster.6713

An accessible game doesn’t need to be an easy game. I didn’t say it had to be made to appease the lowest skilled players in the game. It just has to be accessible.

If players do not feel like they are being rewarded for the time they are putting into the game then they will stop playing it. It’s as simple as that. Which is why people dislike the current rng system for getting a precursor.

We want to play the game. We want to be challenged. We want to have fun. The grind for getting a precursor is the anti-thesis to all of that.

I played an mmo that based pretty much every aspect of their game on RNG called Aion. You may have heard of it? And if so you know how well that game is doing at the moment. People don’t like RNG.

You dont see few things

Guild Wars 2 provide you with already plenty of accessible content. Spvp, WvW, dungeons, events, puzzle, etc.

And those who run dungeons on daily basis, we know how easy they are after you learn them and the hardcore players already complains that they are too easy (like me)

Every contet Guild Wars 2 provide is accessible for everyone and its easy.

And now you are here complaining about how hard is to obtain precursor, legendary and throw arguments about accessibility. But everyone can have them, but they need to work for them. They are not restricted for one person per server, etc.

Legendary is not the end game .. Its just a kitten weapon skin. Like in every other mmorpg but only for few ones. Maybe you can say that there is nothing else to do, but this in new mmorpg so give it the time.

Legendaries are just the small cherries on the cake. They are not the major content which every players should go for. Maybe they are just for the elitist/no lifer players.

And I think, every mmorpg needs to have some content for casuals and some for the hardcore/elitist players. And If we look at the Guild Wars 2, there is no content for hardcore/elititst players except the legendary. No hard mode of explorable dungeons… nothing.

Anyway I am off to bed, cya all

in Crafting

fellyn.5083

Uhm. The process for getting a precursor is not hard. It’s just boring, tedious, dull, unfun, etc. Not hard in the slightest.

If I’ve done all that other stuff? The only thing left for me is to chase a legendary weapon which is an ever moving goal post. A lot of people are in the same boat as me. So if a legendary is not meant for everyone the why are we still playing?

And also if legendary weapons are not meant for everyone then why is there a badge for that exact thing on the character select screen to go along with the other badges for major achievements you’ve obtained in the game?

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Crafting

Posted by: Cao Cao.1632

Cao Cao.1632

Mystic Clover Vendor! 250 or 500 Mystic Clovers for Precursor! This way they still are rare! :P

And eternity for daggers plz!

in Crafting

Posted by: Snow.5269

Snow.5269

I don’t understand why so many players believe dungeon tokens would not be a reasonable exchange for a precursor.

There is 8 dungeons. Require a Gift from each. That is 500 tokens from each dungeon & Dungeon Master title ensuring you have cleared every path. Once you have all 8 gifts you combine 4 & 4 creating 2 separate “Gift of” these 2 gifts combined with 2 other mats (250 ecto/t6 mats etc) could then be turned into a item in the Mystic Forge that could be exchanged for a “account bound” precursor of your choice from a vendor.

How is that not more difficult than the people who paid 5-10g for a precursor?

in Crafting

Dogblaster.6713

I don’t understand why so many players believe dungeon tokens would not be a reasonable exchange for a precursor.

There is 8 dungeons. Require a Gift from each. That is 500 tokens from each dungeon & Dungeon Master title ensuring you have cleared every path. Once you have all 8 gifts you combine 4 & 4 creating 2 separate “Gift of” these 2 gifts combined with 2 other mats (250 ecto/t6 mats etc) could then be turned into a item in the Mystic Forge that could be exchanged for a “account bound” precursor of your choice from a vendor.

U mad ?

Why are you all that jealous about people that bought precursor cheap? I dont just get it, you had the same opportunity, I had the same opportunity and you missed it. I had 80 g when the legend costed 90 and I went for kitten cultural armor instead of it.

just wow … jealousy ftw

I love how you throw nice interesting ideas and dont see things from the wide prespective like economy and income of areanet. whatever

in Crafting

Snow.5269

U mad ?

Why are you all that jealous about people that bought precursor cheap? I dont just get it, you had the same opportunity, I had the same opportunity and you missed it. I had 80 g when the legend costed 90 and I went for kitten cultural armor instead of it.

just wow … jealousy ftw

I love how you throw nice interesting ideas and dont see things from the wide prespective like economy and income of areanet. whatever

Economy isn’t based off precursors alone & if it is, then it is doomed to fail. Jealousy? Anger more than anything. The fact that players now have to work 30-40 times harder than those before them & those same players are being labeled as “entitled, jealous, crybabies” is upsetting. Whatever dedication/effort that is required to obtain a legendary at this point will be forever diminished by the fact that many players now holding legendaries had to do little/nothing to obtain one & when I do obtain one I will be perceived in the same way – Exploiter/Gold Buyer etc

(edited by Snow.5269)

in Crafting

Dogblaster.6713

U mad ?

just wow … jealousy ftw

Economy isn’t based off precursors alone & if it is, then it is doomed to fail. Jealousy? Anger more than anything. The fact that players now have to work 30-40 times harder than those before them & those same players are being labeled as “entitled, jealous, crybabies” is upsetting. Whatever dedication/effort that is required to obtain a legendary at this point will be forever diminished by the fact that many players now holding legendaries had to do little/nothing to obtain one & when I do obtain one I will be perceived in the same way – Exploiter/Gold Buyer etc

Well that is called investment .. You know what that means right?

They bought them when the price was low, because they knew the prices goes up or because they were lucky. There is nothing to be jealous, angry about.

If anything. You should be angry on yourself, that you didnt think about it. Its just sad how you represent yourself here, because everyone can clearly see what its about then.

Its like those people in real life that destroys someone elses expensive cars with keys, just becuase they are angry/jealous about what they have and its not fair.

Thousands of rich people in real life became rich when it was easy, after revolution, communism, etc. When prices were low, they bought for instance big kitten apartment houses in the major city for nothing and now, the houses worth 10000x more. Thats how thing woks and how smart people stands out from others.

in Crafting

fellyn.5083

U mad ?

just wow … jealousy ftw

Well that is called investment .. You know what that means right?

They bought them when the price was low, because they knew the prices goes up or because they were lucky. There is nothing to be jealous, angry about.

If anything. You should be angry on yourself, that you didnt think about it. Its just sad how you represent yourself here, because everyone can clearly see what its about then.

Its like those people in real life that destroys someone elses expensive cars with keys, just becuase they are angry/jealous about what they have and its not fair.

Thousands of rich people in real life became rich when it was easy, after revolution, communism, etc. When prices were low, they bought for instance big kitten apartment houses in the major city for nothing and now, the houses worth 10000x more. Thats how thing woks and how smart people stands out from others.

Or we could petition Anet to change a broken system that no one finds fun for one that is at least a little bit more involved.

in Crafting

Posted by: Salamol.7963

Salamol.7963

19 attempts (random rare 80s) = 6 exotics, precursors 0 >.<

Follow me: @Salamolign
Mist Angels [Mist] – Piken Square

in Crafting

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

You also dont get it. These weapons, these LEGENDARY weapons are called this way for a good reason. Only FEW players in the world should have them, even if the most rich, or luckyest ones!

Infact I saw about 10 players myself on my server having legendary is making me wonder, how many players will have them in 2 months? 5% population, 20%? Who knows, but thats not how it should be, if you ask me.

You just cant complain that only the richest, luckiest, etc people have the legendaries, that the rest of us is cut off. Cause thats the whole point of legendaries.

How many people do have Bugatti Veyron ? Do you think its 5%, 10% of world population? I think its about 0,0001 … That makes this car LEGENDARY.

I dont have legendary and I am not even close to finishing it, but I dont need to come here and complain.
——————————————————————————————————————————
All you do here is just trying to throw ideas and call Areanet dumb and lazy for what they have done, for rng, high prices, etc etc. But all they do and they ve done has good reasoning and they are educated people and company and I am 100% sure, none of you knows more them they do. They have numbers, statiscitc, etc. What you have? Nothing .. just assumptions.
Let arenet monitore this problem, discuss and decide whats is the best for the game, company and for the us. I really dont want any of you decide about this anyway

By the way. They are already making something about bots, prices .. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Recent-Market-Shifts/first

Be patient

Yes Anet knows everything that we do and more, that’s why they keep telling us: “Your feedback is useless to us so shut the hell up!” Except they don’t because they’re actually even smarter than that. They know that they can make their game better if they pay close attention to the feedback from their players who are experiencing the game. And that’s what we’re doing here. Giving feedback.

The argument that they need to be super rare because they’re called LEGENDARY is completely kitten btw. In League of Legends the champions you play are all legendary. EVERYONE GET’S TO PLAY THEM. What’s up with that? It’s called League of LEGENDS! It should only be accesible to a small minority right? Btw, LoL made a fortune by making their game ACCESSIBLE TO ALL.

And please please please for the love of all that is holy STOP using real world analogies.

“How many people can use magic? 0%!!! So how come everyone can just make a mage character in Guild Wars 2?” That’s about how intelligent your Bugatti Veyron argument sounds to me.

in Crafting

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

Why not make precourser account bound in exchange for one of the following:
-1000 Skillpoints ( you need to have played with a lot dediction to get 1000skillpoints)
-10’000 Badges ( for all the wvw players that play with dediction fair enough they can get it as well)
-100’000 Fame ( not sure if it’s the right word but for all spvp players that might wanna get one of these but are more in to spvp instead of farming)

make it accountbound so noone should care if sombody with that mutch dediction get a precourser leave the rest as it is and everyone will be fine

first scale 81 fractals

in Crafting

Posted by: darkyn.6201

darkyn.6201

Once upon a time someone talked about a game with non-annoying and non-repetitive tasks… You’ll read this another time but please : add another way to get these unholy precursor weapons. I’m so bored to see new ppl getting them randomly when i try hardly to get only once. 820 hours played and nothing. In GW1, with tormented weapons, It was much more challenge than this stupid RNG system. Anyway, I’m not really convinced you will read our lines.
I’m losing hope … Please throw us a bone or something and consider this as a S.O.S. message

(edited by darkyn.6201)

in Crafting

Posted by: jump Efflorescence fatal.3584

jump Efflorescence fatal.3584

You guys are crazy. It’s just a weapon skin.

You already have your formidable, impressive-looking highly sought-after weaponry—the most powerful in the game. They’re called Exotics.

A Legendary acquisition that is not based on pumping in a certain proportion of real, human life potential is the ideal. You have to engage real ingenuity to stay ahead of the pack, here, folks! Exploit the market and wait patiently for fluctuations in prices caused by changes in the metagame. Meanwhile, the decision of whether to ‘go for a legendary’ is a real one, and choosing not to be one of those players but to manipulate those players using the game’s trading system remains an option with comparable value.

If you only play because you feel forced to earn your legendary, you should consider not playing.

ANet are probably well aware that this is the most moral stance to take, but also a difficult one.

And it’s far from an invalid business model, but that’s another topic.

Personally, the egregious thing to me is how much of a headache, how awfully dull the Mystic Forge is to use.

It needs to be more in tune with the GW2 philosophy of dynamism.

To satisfy long-term forgers, designers should consider a reward increase that grows with long-term use and long-term play. But this buff should be reset to zero when a “legendary” forge item is gained.

These rewards should not only include legendary weapon precursors, but desirable items that support the dynamism of the game:

• Keys which unlock special paths through dungeons
  • Account-bound extraplanar passes which grant a free waypoint / repair / blueprint / food buff once per day for a stretch of time (say, a month).
  • A temporary portal to the Realm of Zommoros, a dynamically-generated zone that boasts high reward, but increases in danger the longer players spend in there.
  • And anything you can think of!

A UI change could be in order, too.

The Mystic Forge would work just as well if you were able to dump all items in there without needing to think precisely about it.

Zommoros could then present recipes which could be created based on the backlog of items which have been thrown in there. The player would then be able to pick and choose, with Zommoros advising about the efficiency of the recipes.

It could be dynamic, too. Here’s one example of dynamic Forge interaction off the top of my head:

Every now and then, a server-wide event appears where Zommoros promises an extraordinary gift for the first player to input a particular (unknown) recipe. Then, after each forge usage, Zommoros divulges whether the recipe used was close or not to the extraordinary gift’s recipe. Players and guilds will have to consult and conspire with one another to discover the extraordinary reward before others do.

(edited by jump Efflorescence fatal.3584)

in Crafting

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

I dont see how a do tasks to receive an item based system for an account bound item destroy the economy. Make a system where no items in the ‘recipe’ version can be purchased from the TP. As long as the method is ‘harder’ than RNG (lots of dungeons/other content) those people that want the easier route will continue to only farm gold or try the RNG method while the rest of us who likely would not purchase the precursor from the TP to begin with get out own method to get it, but since its account bound we cant flood the market.

If I were to put out my own suggestion it would be making a recipe which requires dungeon tokens from all dungeons (quantity unknown, that would be up to Anet to decide ‘difficulty’ but makes people play all dungeons) in addition to a quantity of skill points (which provides the ‘time’ grind showing ‘skill’). Add a token for finishing story line which proves you are worthy (in game wise… since right now all that legendary means is willing to grind) and the final item would be something you trade for with glory.

I think you make it take that amount of work, but spread the requirements to dungeons, storyline and pvp you will get happier people. It makes it so players dont have to either know how to play the TP to get money, grind Cursed Shore for cash or get extremely lucky from RNG. And by creating an item that cannot be sold on the TP and requires no items from the TP you keep the economy intact.

Edit: I should clarify, you trade the 4 items (Dungeon tokens ‘gift’, skill points item, token for beating the story line, and item traded for with glory) for an item similar to the mystic forge stones. The item will then be used in place of a precursor and would be defined based on what gift (ie Gift of Twilight) you are using.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

(edited by Parisalchuk.9230)

in Crafting

Posted by: Dragonborn.1507

Dragonborn.1507

Apart from occasional spikes, prices on sell orders for Dusk have been hovering at just under 400g for quite a while now, but the recent increase in material prices due to bot bannings could potentially translate into a ~30% increase in prices.

However, the probabilistic nature of precursor production makes this rather uncertain, and it could take a while for the effects to be seen; people can continue selling at prices that would be a loss on average, while on the other hand if Mystic Forging is still profitable at current material prices, the price may stay as it is.

One thing to note about these market shifts is that they also mean that you can make more gold from farming, since the stuff you farm will sell for more.

about the other material, i found that is not bot problem, its the drop rate, the drop rate were getting worst after the path, 2 round plinx + 2 round peni, 1yellow 1green 3 blue, few bones.
obviously the reduce the drop rate

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Crafting

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/Recent-Market-Shifts-Follow-up-Precursors
“We’ve received a large amount of feedback about Legendaries becoming unreachable. This is actually a topic we’ve been tracking for quite some time. To ease your minds I am here to say that it’s something we’ve been watching and we’ve been listening to your feedback. You can expect to begin to see changes addressing the issue starting with our next build.”
-John Smith

in Crafting

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

Welp. Here we go.

To anyone with precursors on the market: SELL SELL SELL

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Crafting

fellyn.5083

So apparently all the people who are saying the system is fine as is are full of kitten.

Good to know they’ve been listening after quite a few weeks and 18 pages.

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Very good news, lets hope precursors drop below 100g. They shouldnt cost more than a full set of t3 cultural armor.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Crafting

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

Wow this is very encouraging news. I thank Anet and the entire dev team for making any necessary changes whatever they may be – I’m sure that it will be a step in the right direction.

My faith has been restored Bless them!

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

Hurray, that still doesn’t solve the 300g+ spent on gifts, but hey I hope that means I’m nearly 50% there.

If RNG will still be involved, I’d probably wait for quite a few to pop on market before I buy one.

in Crafting

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

Incredibly good news for all! Thanks Anet <3

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

Hurray, that still doesn’t solve the 300g+ spent on gifts, but hey I hope that means I’m nearly 50% there.

If RNG will still be involved, I’d probably wait for quite a few to pop on market before I buy one.

The gifts are fine. You can’t expect to craft your legendary with no gold involved, that’s just silly. The problem was the precursors and them being completely luck based and the value raising faster than people were able to farm. The gifts still involve patience to acquire, which many people are perfectly fine with. At least you can slowly progress your way through those.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

in Crafting

Posted by: ovan.5947

ovan.5947

I’m glad to see you’re happy, but what will happen?
1) it will be less rare in MF
2) there will be a true recipe for each of them

I really hope it’s not number 2 or you are gonna cry more then befroe.
Any recipe will involve mats and their price will skyrocket, no matter which they are, same if it involves weapons and precursors’ price will be even higher.

in Crafting

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

I’m glad to see you’re happy, but what will happen?
1) it will be less rare in MF
2) there will be a true recipe for each of them

I really hope it’s not number 2 or you are gonna cry more then befroe.
Any recipe will involve mats and their price will skyrocket, no matter which they are, same if it involves weapons and precursors’ price will be even higher.

So long as there is a sense of progression with the acquisition of the Pre-cursor, It doesn’t really bother me. This is my personal opinion though, and there are others out their that will disagree.

in Crafting

Posted by: RMStrooper.7291

RMStrooper.7291

best news i heard !

RMS Trooper ~ The Phoenix Legend [TPL] ~ Gandaran commander

in Crafting

Posted by: ovan.5947

ovan.5947

I agree that some sense of progression may make it more interesting to get, but then, it must not cause problems to players that don’t aim for these. As long as the recipe doesn’t use mats that already exists or that are used in many other recipes, I don’t care.

Anyway, they want it to stay rare, and that’s merely the only way to keep legendaries rare. I don’t expect a drop in price, juste another way to get it, also involving RNG.

in Crafting

Archer.6485

Very good news. I guess they were waiting for the results of all the bot bans they did before they made an official comment on the market.

in Crafting

Posted by: Starlink.6248

Starlink.6248

finally GJ Arena!

in Crafting

Posted by: frak.5239

frak.5239

Very good news, lets hope precursors drop below 100g. They shouldnt cost more than a full set of t3 cultural armor.

why? because you think so?
how about people who farmed their soul off since day 1 and bought them full price?

first karma jugs and now precursors
next we’ll see clovers, lodestones and runestones easier to acquire thanks to people who think they’re entitled to get a legendary only because they want to, while barely working towards it

in Crafting

Snow.5269

how about people who farmed their soul off since day 1 and bought them full price?

next we’ll see clovers, lodestones and runestones easier to acquire thanks to people who think they’re entitled to get a legendary only because they want to, while barely working towards it

Many players who currently have legendaries got their precursor for 5-10g. They would like everyone to believe they worked hard for it but that is not the case.

in Crafting

frak.5239

Many players who currently have legendaries got their precursor for 5-10g. They would like everyone to believe they worked hard for it but that is not the case.

so let’s punish all the players who worked insanely hard for it because a very small minority actually got them easier because of exploiting or whatever (which would be a late fix anyways considering this was 2 months ago anyways)

in Crafting

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Come on Snow your killing me man. Don’t hop in that crowd of people that assume everyone with a legendary is some kind of snob. Unless you played on every server you don’t know that. I don’t know anyone that will tell you they worked hard for a precursor.

There is nothing hard in the game at all. I think your assuming this. Or you asked a few people I don’t know but that comes off bitter man seriously and if you look at your post history its like you have a grudge against people with a precursor or a legendary. Which means you care how other people play the game if its not how you play the game. That leads to migraines I would think.

I have asked people with legendaries questions about the process and I haven’t had 1 person come off rude.

I do know people will say that the legendary process is long and it is kind of something you force yourself through but when you finish you feel rewarded. If someone got their precursor through the forge a drop or they bought it you still have to go through parts you might not like. Say you might like exploration so map completion is fun for you but for me I don’t like map completion but if I want to complete my legendary I need to do it.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Crafting

frak.5239

Come on Snow your killing me man. Don’t hop in that crowd of people that assume everyone with a legendary is some kind of snob. Unless you played on every server you don’t know that. I don’t know anyone that will tell you they worked hard for a precursor.

There is nothing hard in the game at all. I think your assuming this. Or you asked a few people I don’t know but that comes off bitter man seriously and if you look at your post history its like you have a grudge against people with a precursor or a legendary. Which means you care how other people play the game if its not how you play the game. That leads to migraines I would think.

I have asked people with legendaries questions about the process and I haven’t had 1 person come off rude.

I do know people will say that the legendary process is long and it is kind of something you force yourself through but when you finish you feel rewarded. If someone got their precursor through the forge a drop or they bought it you still have to go through parts you might not like. Say you might like exploration so map completion is fun for you but for me I don’t like map completion but if I want to complete my legendary I need to do it.

i think my point is quite clear… i don’t count the hours i’ve spent on my legendary but i’m pretty sure the will to farm all these events, to always spend time watching the trading post and finding receipes that are shortly profitable is way beyond what the average player does while whining for his legendary

it’s actually quite simple: give yourself the means to get it or don’t get it
if you think it’s too much random, time or frustration for you then don’t get it, whining on forums shouldn’t be a third option

“I have asked people with legendaries questions about the process and I haven’t had 1 person come off rude. "
i answered tons of questions on legendaries and the process, while even helping people achieving some short term goals (skillpoints, tips about what to buy at the moment etc) and will continue to do so since these people are actually working to get it and request help about the process, they’re not whining on forums while doing nothing because they estimate it’s not worth their time to get a shiny weapon

(edited by frak.5239)

in Crafting

Posted by: Delolith.9645

Delolith.9645

Lol GJ ANet….way to keep your word that legendaries will be an elite item encountered in less than 5% of the population. GJ….I wish there was some challenge or insane component that would make legendary so rare as to only 5% of the people manage to do it….but since there isn’t and people don’t have patience, this was a good measure. Now apparently it is time for walfare legendaries.

(edited by Delolith.9645)

in Crafting

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

That is right Anet decided it was too easy to get one and have decided to nerf the drops and rng more. Cant wait for things to get worse. They want you to buy gold so they will increase the price of precursors.
These are the changes to the feedback they received.
I do hope I am wrong but hey you never know.

in Crafting

Delolith.9645

That is right Anet decided it was too easy to get one and have decided to nerf the drops and rng more. Cant wait for things to get worse. They want you to buy gold so they will increase the price of precursors.

Because all people who have a legendary bought gold either from RMT or from ANet gems right?

in Crafting

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Because all people who have a legendary bought gold either from RMT or from ANet gems right?

Na 10% are legit drops. It is just unfortunate that Anet didnt ban the exploiters at the start like they should have and dealt with botters better. You need to take that up with them tho, they are the ones that tainted the achievement – frankly yes most who have them didnt earn them.
I was simply taking the opposite approach that everyone else is that things will get better instead they might just get much worst.
Maybe I will add sarcasm tag next time.

in Crafting

Delolith.9645

Na 10% are legit drops. It is just unfortunate that Anet didnt ban the exploiters at the start like they should have and dealt with botters better.

I was simply taking the opposite approach that everyone else is that things will get better instead they might just get much worst.

To banning the exploiters and bots from moment 0 I totally agree and they should have cleaned the market completely since it happened. However, those “exploited” precursors are over now. The ones you see sold right now are legit. So I don’t see how your next statement belongs in a thread about “precursors” being addressed.

You don’t understand. Legendaries are already too easy to acquire to be called legendaries. I managed to get one in 2 months gaming with a 60 hour job per week and no RMT involved. Or botting or karma exploiting. If I can do it then most people can. They just don’t have patience is the only problem. And ANet stated that legendaries should exist in less than 5% of the total population.

Such threads make my head explode. Average people want to achieve exceptional things by non exceptional deeds. WTF……

in Crafting

Archer.6485

i think my point is quite clear… i don’t count the hours i’ve spent on my legendary but i’m pretty sure the will to farm all these events, to always spend time watching the trading post and finding receipes that are shortly profitable is way beyond what the average player does while whining for his legendary

it’s actually quite simple: give yourself the means to get it or don’t get it
if you think it’s too much random, time or frustration for you then don’t get it, whining on forums shouldn’t be a third option

“I have asked people with legendaries questions about the process and I haven’t had 1 person come off rude. "
i answered tons of questions on legendaries and the process, while even helping people achieving some short term goals (skillpoints, tips about what to buy at the moment etc) and will continue to do so since these people are actually working to get it and request help about the process, they’re not whining on forums while doing nothing because they estimate it’s not worth their time to get a shiny weapon

You play the TP right? Probably made a nice profit off of it? It’s all good. So you know that sometimes prices drop sometimes they rise. Everytime you buy something you make an educated guess that you’re buying it cheap and that you can sell it for more. Smetimes you win and sometimes you lose. It’s all part of the game. The biggest of these changes (and the biggest profits that were made) happen because of changes that Anet makes themselves. As a good TP trader you should always put potential patch notes into consideration.

The legendary changes (whatever they will be) are these kind of large market shifts. If you already bought a precursor you lost money, if not then you saved it. That’s how the game works. You can’t support TP trading and then whine when the numbers don’t turn your way. You played the game, you made profits, this time you lose. So get over it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Very good news. I hope it has something to do with the new “raid” dungeon.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Resources
Lv80 rares used: 438 initial, 544 total
Combination attempts: 136

Final products
Exotics: 37 (6 named), 27%
Legend precursors: 0

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

(edited by Ryuujin.8236)

in Crafting

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Na 10% are legit drops. It is just unfortunate that Anet didnt ban the exploiters at the start like they should have and dealt with botters better.

To banning the exploiters and bots from moment 0 I totally agree and they should have cleaned the market completely since it happened. However, those “exploited” precursors are over now. The ones you see sold right now are legit. So I don’t see how your next statement belongs in a thread about “precursors” being addressed.

You don’t understand. Legendaries are already too easy to acquire to be called legendaries. I managed to get one in 2 months gaming with a 60 hour job per week and no RMT involved. Or botting or karma exploiting. If I can do it then most people can. They just don’t have patience is the only problem. And ANet stated that legendaries should exist in less than 5% of the total population.

Such threads make my head explode. Average people want to achieve exceptional things by non exceptional deeds. WTF……

I do not believe a single word you said.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

is this ironic that it happened today?

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

I probably make gold much faster than you do, no matter what your rate is.

But what you said does not reflect at all what the VERY vast majority of this game’s population thinks. And the game was not made for the few 10 with radical opinions only because they managed to get their hands on such items early thanks to the state of the market when they did.
You wouldn’t say the same things if you started playing the game now.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kryadan.2465

Kryadan.2465

I’m a casual player. Maybe 10hrs a week. I had no intention of going for a legendary. I was happy enough with getting all crafting to 400 (as long as a legendary isnt needed to finish crafts) and world map 100%.

I honestly don’t like them becoming easier to get because a Legendary should be a legendary accomplishment (i am counting time spent in game since it appears to be more grind and rng than anything, and not the bots or exploiters). BUT that said if they are easier to make, I will also be happy to make one for myself =)