[Merged] Fractal level reset is equity wiped. Discuss.

in Fractured

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I like how everyone is so fussed about the reskin on the gemstore. I mean, they didn’t even lose anything. Hopefully not the same people who kept defending this reset.

On topic, I still fail to see why we actually had to be reseted without any compensation.

in Fractured

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

On topic, I still fail to see why we actually had to be reseted without any compensation.

Because LEADERBOARDS! Oh wait… they’re not here yet…

About compensation? You get the mossman to hunt you in fractals. Ain’t this cool?

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

I will just kill him if he shows up.

in Fractured

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Ah those poor elite t3 bookahs… They now feel the slightest jab of our pain, right?

Been waiting to see people defend their decision on the light armor set, have seen maybe 1, but they’re not even that adamant. It’s interesting to see what people will yell about, and what they think is fair.

On another note, I’m glad my Asura t3 light is still exclusive.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Fractured

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

“On another note, I’m glad my Asura t3 light is still exclusive”

But for how long? dun dun dun…

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

“On another note, I’m glad my Asura t3 light is still exclusive”

But for how long? dun dun dun…

That’s true. I’m just wondering what a human would look like in it… Hmmm….

Edit: any artist want to do a concept drawing?

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

in Fractured

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

1. Past lvl50 exploits – I think this is the main reason.

2. They don’t care about the days and time spent to get our characters to high levels. It’s our time that was wasted not theirs, right? RIGHT?

I’m disappointed just as you are but there’s nothing that can be done.

in Fractured

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Wow either this is getting buried quick, or they’re simply moving it down. But seriously Anet, not a single actual response?

in Fractured

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It is getting buried quickly simply because people have more interest in other threads and the majority doesn’t care about this (it is after all mainly the same 5 people posting in this thread)

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

I don’t really care about them putting reskins on gem shop. But that doesn’t mean it would be the right thing to do.

in Fractured

Posted by: JMar.3254

JMar.3254

I don’t really care about them putting reskins on gem shop. But that doesn’t mean it would be the right thing to do.

No! Even though this doesn’t affect me in the very slightest because I didn’t buy the armor and don’t plan to, you don’t deserve anything! You bought that for the look and you have the look!

To quote the best business owner ever:

You get nothing! You lose, good day sir!

…. =)

in Fractured

Romo.3709

To quote the best business owner ever:

Seems to be Anet’s favorite quote lately…

in Fractured

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

they did not hear us
why do we even boder with this forums it is useless !

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

they did not hear us
why do we even boder with this forums it is useless !

comfort pats there there! we feel your pain. We yelled for days and days without a response…

We can keep yelling but I think we are beating a dead horse.

[ARES]

in Fractured

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Lets look at this from a different perspective. The only reason Agony exists in FoTM is to give you an increasing challenge every time you hit a certain threshold in levels. Since theres a damage output cap that they cannot cross in terms of boss/mob damage, and they know now that HP sponges are not interesting, they have to introduce something else to keep us reaching. So they give us an irremovable condition called Agony, and a grindy way to defend against it.

Thus, Agony is a lazy mechanic designed to keep us ‘progressing’ our characters and keep us playing, instead of..I dont know, designing more difficult chalannges? I’ll admit, they are getting better with boss fights. But throwing in something that can’t be removed as a way of ‘gating’ this content, is just pure lazy.

They could remove agony resist(and thus the need for ascended gear really), and put more time into designing difficult and interesting encounters that we can unlock as part of progression…thus rendering these discussions pointless.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in Fractured

Posted by: Ansuu.8162

Ansuu.8162

This update is totally pointless. Progress reduction is the worst thing in MMOs. I do not know, why should I gain experience for my characters, if ANET can reset the level of my character at any time.

in Fractured

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

I too am disappointed that a thread that garnered 15 pages didn’t get any responses from Devs at all. We even had a very valid and constructive section in the middle (without flames and / or anger)…so they can’t even use the excuse that this was a flame thread and therefore should be ignored. They had ample opportunity to at least weigh in on the discussion while it was a discussion.

I was really excited for the new direction (with CDI) that ANET was taking, but to not take notice of something that was obviously a hot-button topic for a lot of people (while responding in threads that only had 5 posts) to me tells me that they don’t want to take on hot topics…they would rather remain silent than actually discuss important matters….but will gladly discuss unimportant / or / fluff content.

I’m disappointed….and probably will slow down my posting on the forums because of it. I have a day job also…and if they don’t have the time for something important to us, then I guess I don’t have the time either.

in Fractured

JMar.3254

I too am disappointed that a thread that garnered 15 pages didn’t get any responses from Devs at all.

Not to mention the other 15 pages from the discussion forum, which they said was shut down due to arguments. Mostly it was people who lost nothing and were unaffected by the changes telling those that are affected they deserve nothing.

It also had some valid points, including an article articulating exactly what we were feeling about losing equity.

in Fractured

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I too am disappointed that a thread that garnered 15 pages didn’t get any responses from Devs at all. We even had a very valid and constructive section in the middle (without flames and / or anger)…so they can’t even use the excuse that this was a flame thread and therefore should be ignored. They had ample opportunity to at least weigh in on the discussion while it was a discussion.

I was really excited for the new direction (with CDI) that ANET was taking, but to not take notice of something that was obviously a hot-button topic for a lot of people (while responding in threads that only had 5 posts) to me tells me that they don’t want to take on hot topics…they would rather remain silent than actually discuss important matters….but will gladly discuss unimportant / or / fluff content.

I’m disappointed….and probably will slow down my posting on the forums because of it. I have a day job also…and if they don’t have the time for something important to us, then I guess I don’t have the time either.

The size of the thread, and the vehemence with which a handful of people on either side continue to argue about something doesn’t have any impact on the actual worth of the argument in question. There was only ever one possible outcome to all this, and it was the one that occurred. Some chose not to recognize that.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Fractured

JMar.3254

The size of the thread, and the vehemence with which a handful of people on either side continue to argue about something doesn’t have any impact on the actual worth of the argument in question. There was only ever one possible outcome to all this, and it was the one that occurred. Some chose not to recognize that.

1 outcome? I see two possible

1) No compensation given
2) compensation given

I could give several others, but only two is needed to prove you wrong again.

in Fractured

Kal Spiro.9745

This is the definition of Equity

eq·ui·ty
/?ekwit?/
noun

noun: equity
1. the quality of being fair and impartial.
“equity of treatment”
synonyms: fairness, justness, impartiality, egalitarianism;
objectivity, balance, open-mindedness

•Law
a branch of law that developed alongside common law in order to remedy some of its defects in fairness and justice, formerly administered in special courts.

•(in the US, UK, and several other countries) a trade union to which most professional actors belong.

singular proper noun: Equity; noun: Equity
2. the value of the shares issued by a company.
“he owns 62% of the group’s equity”
synonyms: value, worth;
ownership, rights, proprietorship
“he owns 25% of the equity in the property”

•stocks and shares that carry no fixed interest.
plural noun: equities

3.the value of a mortgaged property after deduction of charges against it.

Which version of this corresponds to the apparent loss of Equity mentioned through this thread?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

in Fractured

Kal Spiro.9745

1) No compensation given
2) compensation given

That’s the problem. Compensation given was never going to happen. Never. Period. You chose not to see the truth of that, but it is a reality. The only actually legitimate outcome in all this was 1) No compensation given. You can and have disagreed about this, but it is a fact and always has been.

in Fractured

JMar.3254

Which version of this corresponds to the apparent loss of Equity mentioned through this thread?

This will be my last response to you on this subject Kal, as I assume you did not read the article on equity, and even if I linked it, you wouldn’t.

“5.
Informal. ownership, especially when considered as the right to share in future profits or appreciation in value.”

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/equity

There is also this definition.

So to answer your question, 1 & 5

in Fractured

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

1) No compensation given
2) compensation given

That’s the problem. Compensation given was never going to happen. Never. Period. You chose not to see the truth of that, but it is a reality. The only actually legitimate outcome in all this was 1) No compensation given. You can and have disagreed about this, but it is a fact and always has been.

But I think that is the whole argument / discussion / problem with it all. The feeling of nihilism, this very defeat prior to even starting. The fact that you believe that this was the reality. Those of us arguing on behalf of the FOTM level losing crowd really thought that there was a chance that we were being heard. It turns out you were probably right and that nihilism was the proper way to look at things, but that is where my disappointment comes from. I wanted to think it was different now.

in Fractured

JMar.3254

You said ‘not possible’. It is possible, no matter how improbable. look up quantum physics and you will understand a little more.

in Fractured

Romo.3709

What is there to recognize? True, that level was just a number in many people’s eyes, but that was a number some of us worked really hard to achieve. And to just be taken away from us without any prior warning nor any kind of compensation at all? What does that tells us? Anything with a number on it can be simply wiped as long as someone is ok with it. People that argued, had nothing to loose, nor gain. They were here to troll and decline us the right to our opinion on the matter that actually affected us.
The “outcome” that occurred didn’t make anything right. Entire community of fractal hardcore playerbase was thrown aside like a bunch of NPCs without a valid reasoning of any kind. “We are collecting feedback”. After all that collection, tons of pleads and great suggestions and ideas, nothing? Really? Are we’re just numbers to you? Testing subjects? That’s how you made us feel. If we’re too low of a number then we don’t matter. You can loose few players to get a few more. I love how life in general is screwing people over, so some of them go to virtual world to escape it. Just to be screwed over yet again.
It goes without saying, but I’ve had a much higher opinion of you as a dev team compared to any other MMO team I’ve seen. Yet, it seem you’re all the same in the end.

Signing off this “Fractured” forum,
Defeated Player.

in Fractured

Kal Spiro.9745

This will be my last response to you on this subject Kal, as I assume you did not read the article on equity, and even if I linked it, you wouldn’t.

“5.
Informal. ownership, especially when considered as the right to share in future profits or appreciation in value.”

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/equity

There is also this definition.

So to answer your question, 1 & 5

Neither of those actually make sense when considered against what a Fractal is. 1 in a roundabout sort of way can apply to ANet about this whole debacle, but not to Fractals as a thing, nor the efforts you put into Fractals.

5, as 2 and 3 is still about value of the thing, of which Fractals have none. You can’t weigh a Fractal against a monetary value, therefore having nothing change or being regressed all the way back to 1 would still have no effect on that value.

Equity was never the right word to use. It makes me even less astonished that they didn’t bother giving it attention.

in Fractured

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

This update is totally pointless. Progress reduction is the worst thing in MMOs. I do not know, why should I gain experience for my characters, if ANET can reset the level of my character at any time.

So how else would you add the extra challenge? On top? That’s functionally no different than adding it at 30 and resetting everyone to that, really.

And in the end it’s all about getting people to before the Mistlock conditions start. They could reset us to lvl10 if they start at 11, or to 100 and have them start at 101 – in the end, it hardly matters.

But, what matters is how long someone who has not already capped the level would take to get there. And there we get to the root of why 30 was chosen, because it’s close to the middle. A lot of Fractals to do for a newcomer until they get to see the new conditions. A lot of levels to re-do with the new condition to keep things fresh for an experienced player.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Fractured

JMar.3254

That is your opinion. People have different opinions.

If you would have read the article you would understand why we hold value to it. Time and energy put into something creates value to the person putting the time and energy into it.

Somebody who doesn’t like video games may tell you your characters level has no value. Yo ucould argue it does because it’s time and energy you put into gaining levels, skills, etc, but the person who disagrees and doesn’t see value in that will tell you you’re wrong.

You may hold high value in your cleric ranger. I hold no value in it. If anet deleted your toon, I would be unaffected, but would not say you’re not entitled to some sort of compensation, because I would be unaffected.

in Fractured

Kal Spiro.9745

You said ‘not possible’. It is possible, no matter how improbable. look up quantum physics and you will understand a little more.

Yeah, that doesn’t make a thing possible. Quantum requires alternate realities to allow everything to be possible. We’re not in multiple realities. We’re in this reality, and in this reality it wasn’t going to happen, and didn’t.

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

Yeah, that doesn’t make a thing possible. Quantum requires alternate realities to allow everything to be possible. We’re not in multiple realities. We’re in this reality, and in this reality it wasn’t going to happen, and didn’t.

I just wanted to say, as an actual physicist, you are wrong.

Quantum physics does not require alternate realities. It has to do with the probability that a particle is in a particular state.

Anyway because this is now off topic lemme just get it back on topic.

Kal, how do you feel about the equity idea when it comes to human light t3?

[ARES]

in Fractured

JMar.3254

You are wrong…. again.

in Fractured

Kal Spiro.9745

That is your opinion. People have different opinions.

If you would have read the article you would understand why we hold value to it. Time and energy put into something creates value to the person putting the time and energy into it.

Somebody who doesn’t like video games may tell you your characters level has no value. Yo ucould argue it does because it’s time and energy you put into gaining levels, skills, etc, but the person who disagrees and doesn’t see value in that will tell you you’re wrong.

You may hold high value in your cleric ranger. I hold no value in it. If anet deleted your toon, I would be unaffected, but would not say you’re not entitled to some sort of compensation, because I would be unaffected.

You’re right, your Fractal levels did have a value, but they didn’t have Equity. That’s all I’m saying. Value and Equity aren’t interchangeable words. Because Equity corresponds to a legitimate monetary value where value is concerned and neither my Ranger, nor your Fractal level had that. That’s all I was saying there.

in Fractured

JMar.3254

You’re right, your Fractal levels did have a value, but they didn’t have Equity. That’s all I’m saying. Value and Equity aren’t interchangeable words. Because Equity corresponds to a legitimate monetary value where value is concerned and neither my Ranger, nor your Fractal level had that. That’s all I was saying there.

“5.

Apparently you missed where it didn’t say anything about monetary value

in Fractured

Kal Spiro.9745

Quantum physics does not require alternate realities. It has to do with the probability that a particle is in a particular state.

A particle being in a particular state isn’t the same thing as everything being possible, even things that aren’t possible. Anyone being compensated for this was not possible. It wasn’t going to happen. Therefore, in order for Quantum to be relevant to the argument you have to be taking into account for unlimited possibility where I could flip a coin and have it come up broccoli. That’s not going to happen, but is technically possible. It’s still a pointless argument.

As for human light t3, I’m not familiar with the argument. I find most human cultural armor to be pretty ugly, and/or dumb.

in Fractured

Kal Spiro.9745

“5.

Apparently you missed where it didn’t say anything about monetary value

What exactly do you take “share in future profits or appreciation in value” to mean? That’s monetary value. That’s what that means.

in Fractured

JMar.3254

Anyone being compensated for this was not possible. It wasn’t going to happen.

Wrong again =)

As for human light t3, I’m not familiar with the argument. I find most human cultural armor to be pretty ugly, and/or dumb.

You don’t seem to be familiar with many arguments actually.

However the light armor look for t3 human cultural was just put into the gem store with minor flame additions.

Now anybody can obtain pretty much the t3 human cultural armor for any race, removing the equity in the old set.

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

A particle being in a particular state isn’t the same thing as everything being possible, even things that aren’t possible. Anyone being compensated for this was not possible. It wasn’t going to happen. Therefore, in order for Quantum to be relevant to the argument you have to be taking into account for unlimited possibility where I could flip a coin and have it come up broccoli. That’s not going to happen, but is technically possible. It’s still a pointless argument.

I didn’t bring it into the argument, so, meh. Do you think you know for a fact what anet thinks. That’s the only way you could possibly know that there wasn’t ever going to be compensation.

My question is, people spent 120 g for their armor, now it’s in the gem store, for 800 gems. Is this an equity issue.

[ARES]

in Fractured

JMar.3254

What exactly do you take “share in future profits or appreciation in value” to mean? That’s monetary value. That’s what that means.

If the only thing valuable to you is money, then I feel sorry for you.

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

Kal, could you please go to suggestion/bugs forum and tell everyone to shut up? I mean most likely they won’t be heard either.

in Fractured

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Eh, no. I don’t value my character level. I don’t value the time put into it, I value what I did with the time I put into it (and I don’t mean increasing my level).

If you spend time just to gain level, you’re … I dunno… grinding 500 shotgun kill achievements, basically. Sounds anything but interesting, sorry. Might be my opinion, but really if you find those interesting I’m not sure on what common ground we could meet, except if I accept that we’re as easily programmed as mice even for such simplistic tasks.

But anyhow, the thing is, you don’t – hopefully you don’t :P – value the little number which says “49” or “180” or “10”. You value that you beat the content.
The content above lvl30 changed. The old one no longer exists, due to the changed context. As a result, we got reset to lvl30 (again, a meaningless number), to beat the now harder levels.

Why it wasn’t 51-70? As above, simply because that’d make it a very evil thing to newcomers. Especially giving rising Agony Resist requirements. And we keep complaining about how things too grindy, so we can hardly then turn around and complain they are trying to reduce the grind needed to get to the Mistlock Instabilities.

And they didn’t choose 11-30 probably as a compromise between the way you see it and the way a newcomer would look at the task.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Fractured

Kal Spiro.9745

I didn’t bring it into the argument, so, meh. Do you think you know for a fact what anet thinks. That’s the only way you could possibly know that there wasn’t ever going to be compensation.

My question is, people spent 120 g for their armor, now it’s in the gem store, for 800 gems. Is this an equity issue.

Yes, in this particular argument, I think I knew for a fact that what happened would happen. It doesn’t matter if it was right or wrong, it was the only legitimate decision they could possibly make on the subject. JMar claiming it’s not true, despite the outcome, does not discount that fact.

How much gold is the T3 cultural armor that people currently own worth? What amount of gold can it be converted into if sold? That is its equity. The answer is 0 gold, maybe some silver. It has no Equity. Is it fair? Hard to say. It’s not identical, therefore the original version is still unique to humans.

I’m of the opinion that cultural armor was never a good idea. Why can anyone use cultural weapons, but the armor was restricted? Especially considering how few armors there are for anyone, also compared to weapons.

It’s been a year. People who got the pieces early had them all this time so they got their gold’s worth. People who just recently got them have room to be upset since they can’t refund the gold. I think it was poorly implemented and probably should have been for more than 800 Gems.

in Fractured

Kal Spiro.9745

Kal, could you please go to suggestion/bugs forum and tell everyone to shut up? I mean most likely they won’t be heard either.

Why, I’ve never told anyone to shut up. If anything I’m the one whose been told to shut up.

Also, it’s not reasonable to do so. You’re right, most of them will probably not get fixed, but some things that people have asked for have eventually come to be after many many months. Not a week, though.

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

Sure, not directly but telling us how there is clearly one outcome and how we still kept arguing kind of delivers the message.

How many of those suggestions/fixes would be in the game if people hadn’t opened their mouth?

in Fractured

Kal Spiro.9745

If the only thing valuable to you is money, then I feel sorry for you.

A thing is what it is. Coming down on me just because “profits” and “appreciation in value” clearly indicates that we’re talking about monetary value doesn’t change that fact. If you prefer we can value you it in pigs, but it still has to be based on some sort of monetary barter system.

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

I could have spent that time working and getting money.

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

I like this point.

[ARES]

in Fractured

Kal Spiro.9745

Sure, not directly but telling us how there is clearly one outcome and how we still kept arguing kind of delivers the message.

How many of those suggestions/fixes would be in the game if people hadn’t opened their mouth?

Possibly some, probably none. That doesn’t change the timeline. Months for it to happen, in some cases a year or more. This was never going to happen in the span you were looking at. It will never happen because in a month no one will even remember it was a thing, at least and still be complaining about it. So it goes away and ANet doesn’t need to be concerned with it.

Bugs, real bugs, keep being a thing and keep coming up. That’s why every month, sometimes even week or day, someone on the Ranger forums brings up and issue with pets, or the 1H sword. This will go away before it had time to matter.

in Fractured

Kal Spiro.9745

Would that have been preferable? If you had known six months ago that Fractal level would eventually be wiped to 30 and too bad for anyone that went beyond 30, would that have stopped you from going beyond 30? Would you have said “Screw it, I’m going to go to work instead. I’ll come back after the wipe.”? Or would you have done Fractals anyway, and maybe gone beyond 30 anyway because why not? It was harder and that difficulty made it more interesting to you. Would foreknowledge have changed your actions, or only your disposition about the results?

in Fractured

JMar.3254

Yes, in this particular argument, I think I knew for a fact that what happened would happen. It doesn’t matter if it was right or wrong, it was the only legitimate decision they could possibly make on the subject. JMar claiming it’s not true, despite the outcome, does not discount that fact.

You can think that, but then you’re wrong, again.

We could still receive compensation, as unlikely as it is.

A pig could be shot out of a catapult, crash through your window, and land in your living room, as improbable as it is.

Impossible =/= improbable.

Would foreknowledge have changed your actions, or only your disposition about the results?

Both