[Merged] Fractal level reset is equity wiped. Discuss.

in Fractured

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

Now that the innitial frustration is gone I must say that I had loads of fun this week. Today I made it again to level 50, half the time playing with friends and half the time with pugs. The first 10 levels were annoying, with small exceptions, and the pugs there weren’t the ideal choice but they were all nice people and helped the progress. The levels after 40 were super fun. Yes, there were disappointments with stuff bugging out and pugs giving up too quickly, but overall, most of the people I met were nice, and good players and contributed to nice and quick runs.

Yes, I still think that we should have some form of compensation for the reset but I also believe that we should stop comparing it to other aspects of the game.

I am not sure what this pvp reset is about. They are letting people keep their finishers… how hard is it to understand that this is a completely different thing?

*Some people play pvp on a competitive level.
*Some people have never set their foot in the game outside of pvp.
*The finishers were already there, it was something unlocked on their account. It does not require too much modifications. Fractals never had a special progress marker and we are asking for one to be created. That takes time.
*Also Anet saw our reactions, and they are not letting more people get upset the same way we did.

It is time to stop feeling like victims and do something productive. If you wanna play fractals, group up and get it done. Open the instance and you won’t get kicked. If a party sucks, leave it and join a new one. Chances are you will get into a nice group.

Sitting here and repeating how unfair we’ve been threated is not accomplishing anything.

I don’t agree with many of the changes, but they are here to stay so better move on to something more productive.

in Fractured

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

It is time to stop feeling like victims and do something productive. If you wanna play fractals, group up and get it done. Open the instance and you won’t get kicked. If a party sucks, leave it and join a new one. Chances are you will get into a nice group.

Sitting here and repeating how unfair we’ve been threated is not accomplishing anything.

I don’t agree with many of the changes, but they are here to stay so better move on to something more productive.

you go ahead, im gonna keep “feeling like a victim”

Sorry but im not going to stop.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Fractured

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

Thomas Szasz

People are too serious of their knowledge.

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

I don’t think that repeated posts by the same person about “how unfair this is” is going to help the cause. Arena net said they are gathering feedback, we have given our opinions and made suggestions. They want to hear different opinions, not the same voice repeating the same thing.

Unfortunately this thread left the constructive critisism long time ago and now the general tone is a bunch of people feeling sorry for themselves.

in Fractured

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

I don’t think that repeated posts by the same person about “how unfair this is” is going to help the cause. Arena net said they are gathering feedback, we have given our opinions and made suggestions. They want to hear different opinions, not the same voice repeating the same thing.

Unfortunately this thread left the constructive critisism long time ago and now the general tone is a bunch of people feeling sorry for themselves.

Well they could have answered when we were constructive than … They don’t want to hear diffrent opignons it seems they most likely want to see they’re opignon :/ at least this is the way you feel when you are left out. Of course there are not so many opignons in a thread about a minority ( where many ppl already left in the last update). I just would like to hear an answer after they had gathered Feedback for well over 2 weeks now…

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

They said they are gathering feedback. Just because everyone here is impatient, they cannot and won’t come out with a comment unless they have decided on a course of action. We will see if and when that happens.

I would like to hear an answer just as much as you do.

in Fractured

Posted by: Estriella Faerie.4029

Estriella Faerie.4029

Gathering feedback. They’ve been doing that for 2 weeks and a half now. When you release new patches every two weeks, you can’t expect people to wait 2 months without even a word and think it’s ok. A single post from a developper stating that they’re aware of the issue but are still discussing about it in their meetings (for example) would go a long way to make us feel less like a rejected part of the community. This has already been said quite a few times in the different threads, but we’re still waiting for a post…

By not answering at all to those threads, what they’re conveying to the community is that whatever you say, they don’t care and won’t listen. So why take the time to write your opinion (which may require some effort to people from other languages) about this, if you’re not even sure they will listen to it ?

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

I am not defending them, I am just saying that sitting here and demanding a response day after day is not going to achieve anything. Especially since the constructive feedback ceased long time ago.

I know that people are frustrated, that’s why I suggest they do something more constructive. They can keep on using this thread as a venting place if they wish, but they also won’t be taken seriously.

in Fractured

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Im gettin a déja-vu feel from this post.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

The second we let this thread go is the second they forget that they screwed us.

That’s the issue here. We have tried constructive. We have tried reasonable. We should just let the thread be buried and let it go?

No.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

in Fractured

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

They said they are gathering feedback. Just because everyone here is impatient, they cannot and won’t come out with a comment unless they have decided on a course of action. We will see if and when that happens.

I would like to hear an answer just as much as you do.

They already made a decision and commented on the t3 human “flameseeker” skin and have already made a decision and commented on the PvP ranks being reset.

They obviously realized that resetting progression is never the right way to go (PvP) and equity (cultural) yet refuse to even acknowledge what they did to high level fractal players.

If they were gathering feedback they would have commented by now. They are just trying to ignore us and let us fade away.

RIP in peace Robert

in Fractured

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Which isn’t difficult when the last several pages are just the same 3 people bumping the thread and other people saying it’s time to move on….

Honestly looking at this thread for the last week or so and it’s difficult to not come out with thinking “only three people care and they aren’t being pleasant about how they express it”

more flies with honey than vinegar.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Fractured

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Albeit, in pvp, they’re telling those things in advance (and quite a large one, probably).
That is exactly what i said would have been a right solution (and an unfeasible one since we knew of the fractal progression revamp just a week before the implementation).

Even if i must admit they’ve got other problems to deal with there (like, skyhammer farmers).

in Fractured

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Which isn’t difficult when the last several pages are just the same 3 people bumping the thread and other people saying it’s time to move on….

Honestly looking at this thread for the last week or so and it’s difficult to not come out with thinking “only three people care and they aren’t being pleasant about how they express it”

I moved on because this place is packed w/ posts like yours.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

in Fractured

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

You don’t like posts that make sense?

in Fractured

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Stop mixing opinion with sense.

This is somehow perfectly fine but whenever I try to use your arguments on anything else people call me troll. I understand that you didn’t lose anything and that’s why you think this is fine. But that doesn’t make it universal.

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

The funny Thing is now there is wxp accountbound comming , there is a big pvp redo of the System those changes are way bigger than the ones made in fractals( I played old and new ones till the cap). And still if you apply the logic used here against compensation or some form of recognition to the work we did in fractals they completly don’t aggree. Some even say you shoulnd’t delete Progress in an game. Maybe all of you that still wanna persuade me of not deserving anything should start telling this the wvw and pvp community especially those kitten pvpers that get a one time title… it will hurt soooo much that they have this shiny title that no one can get after…. (sarcasm)

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

The people that were argueing against compensation stopped posting in this thread over 5 pages ago. Noone here is saying that you should not be rewarded. People are telling you to stop mixing wvw and pvp where they do not belong. Everything is being reworked due to different reasons and fixing it takes different measures.

How do you level in wvw and pvp? You repeat the same content getting experience wich gives you more levels. Each level requires the same activity, it just takes longer to complete.

The new 30-50 fractals require passing different instabilities. There was no official and visible marker before showing personal level. Add to that slow decision making and time to program whatever fractal related compesation they might give.

The Flamekissed armor is also completely irrerevant to this discussion. It was an obvious bad call and the product was recalled from the gem store. Nothing too complicated to decide nor execute.

I say be patient and you will get your answer.

in Fractured

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

The funny Thing is now there is wxp accountbound comming , there is a big pvp redo of the System those changes are way bigger than the ones made in fractals( I played old and new ones till the cap). And still if you apply the logic used here against compensation or some form of recognition to the work we did in fractals they completly don’t aggree. Some even say you shoulnd’t delete Progress in an game. Maybe all of you that still wanna persuade me of not deserving anything should start telling this the wvw and pvp community especially those kitten pvpers that get a one time title… it will hurt soooo much that they have this shiny title that no one can get after…. (sarcasm)

Heres the thing, the pvp reset looks like it will be handled better. They are giving ample warning that they will remove the rank, perhaps half a year ahead. They are going to keep earned finishers and will get titles.

However it still means overall, gw2 has decided that they can and will wipe progress if they feel its better for the game. Our discussion here may have been used internally or not.

I would like to say going foward though, when anet has to decide what to do for people whose progress they are removing, they shouldnt fall into the trap of thinking, since this change may only effect a few, we dont need to do anything for them.

While i understand why the changes to fractals were made, and think its for the best overall, it doesnt mean everyone who earned anything past 30-50 doesnt have a point.

I think in the future
destroyed/drastically altered content tied in anyway to earned progression should;

have some type of warning/method to go back for a time.
have some unique rewards for memories or just showing off

If fractals two months ago said these fractals may be destroyed, and then offered titles or meta achievement rewards themed around fractals. OR
If the old 30-50 was kept as a side fractal scale for say 30 days or 2 months, with options to hunt special ltd items/titles till they closed, i think there would be less (not no) complaints.

Overall though id say that the path of making changes to the game so far, has been for the best. I think its better for the game to evolve better systems, just be more concerned with those who are losing something, even if its access.

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

I say be patient and you will get your answer.

I’m not sure that we will if we let the thread get buried…. Which is why I’m still trying.

[ARES]

in Fractured

Ethics.4519

We’re not being pleasant? We gave constructive feedback at first and expressed ourselves clearly.

When Anet didn’t respond, and we have people in here making the same stupid arguments over and over again because they refused to read from the beginning, it gets derailing and frustrating.

Obviously Arena net thinks that when you erase or wipe equity/progress you should be compensated, so why aren’t we?

I think you can understand how frustrating it is when you lose something that you valued, then people come in and either tell you A) You don’t deserve compensation B ) It was stupid to value it in the first place or C) Just shut up and go with it. Especially when the majority of those people didn’t lose anything.

RIP in peace Robert

in Fractured

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

I find it quite interesting that people still after a week of Fractured are still denying us the right to any kind of compensation. Logical thinking is a thing of the past it seem, where it’s being replaced by “If I don’t get anything, you can’t either”. It is saddening to an extent looking at some people’s way of thinking and rationalizing things.
True, the “new” fractals are under the new system. But the work that was put into the “old” system was basically taken away and thrown out. Compensation would be a logical thing to discuss in that manner.
If you’re putting out a system where people can progress and reach certain heights and goals, just to take it away saying “hey we reworked it, so try again” is not quite fair from any perspective. Regardless if you think we don’t “deserve” something you clearly don’t deserve yourself.
On the bright side it is enlightening to see that the community that was affected (and I mean really affected) is still standing strong even after those hateful and “unpleasant” responses they get from players just like them.
I myself am a veteran fractal player. I used to love doing fractals daily. Now I only hop in groups of friends that need guidance and an extra party member that knows what he’s doing. I found myself doing lower level fractals with friends of mine that are just getting into the whole thing, taking it slow and explaining every battle. Leveling my progress is not something I pursue anymore. That’s because of that underlined feeling of worthlessness in such task being placed upon us. What is the point to value something that can be taken away without any concern nor compensation. Rewards are simply not motivating, gold you get for completing an hour long fractals is just “meh”.
Balancing and tweaking the levels to make them a little more even never actually happened, hence all the fractals are still the same. Except for dredge, since they’ve made it more annoying (with people teleporting off buttons upon death, flattening the pipes in clown care room) and nowhere near shorter as they have promised. Practically nothing major has been done in terms of “balancing”.
Regardless, the new levels are fun to say the least. But Anet left a whole community with a deep hole in their hearts that showed us that they really don’t care for players like us, rather than majority.

in Fractured

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

I find it quite interesting that people still after a week of Fractured are still denying us the right to any kind of compensation. Logical thinking is a thing of the past it seem, where it’s being replaced by “If I don’t get anything, you can’t either”. It is saddening to an extent looking at some people’s way of thinking and rationalizing things.
True, the “new” fractals are under the new system. But the work that was put into the “old” system was basically taken away and thrown out. Compensation would be a logical thing to discuss in that manner.
If you’re putting out a system where people can progress and reach certain heights and goals, just to take it away saying “hey we reworked it, so try again” is not quite fair from any perspective. Regardless if you think we don’t “deserve” something you clearly don’t deserve yourself.
On the bright side it is enlightening to see that the community that was affected (and I mean really affected) is still standing strong even after those hateful and “unpleasant” responses they get from players just like them.
I myself am a veteran fractal player. I used to love doing fractals daily. Now I only hop in groups of friends that need guidance and an extra party member that knows what he’s doing. I found myself doing lower level fractals with friends of mine that are just getting into the whole thing, taking it slow and explaining every battle. Leveling my progress is not something I pursue anymore. That’s because of that underlined feeling of worthlessness in such task being placed upon us. What is the point to value something that can be taken away without any concern nor compensation. Rewards are simply not motivating, gold you get for completing an hour long fractals is just “meh”.
Balancing and tweaking the levels to make them a little more even never actually happened, hence all the fractals are still the same. Except for dredge, since they’ve made it more annoying (with people teleporting off buttons upon death, flattening the pipes in clown care room) and nowhere near shorter as they have promised. Practically nothing major has been done in terms of “balancing”.
Regardless, the new levels are fun to say the least. But Anet left a whole community with a deep hole in their hearts that showed us that they really don’t care for players like us, rather than majority.

Well said.

I want to add that I hope we did make a difference with our arguments for compensation. Had we not had the discussion here would they be giving the titles to the ‘old school’ pvp’rs? Would they have just re-set WvW ranks so everyone started on an even footing (or perhaps just made all your characters equal to your highest WvW rank rather than adding all your ranks together). I like to think that our discussion here at least had some impact on the game. Maybe it did, maybe it didn’t…but they ARE using some of the constructive feedback we put here for other aspects that while not exactly the same are similar (equity in the form of time-spent in game being lost).

in Fractured

IceVyper.6810

And it is still not too late for us to get a compensation. I am still hoping that they are still deciding on the best way to do so

in Fractured

Romo.3709

Well said.

I want to add that I hope we did make a difference with our arguments for compensation. Had we not had the discussion here would they be giving the titles to the ‘old school’ pvp’rs? Would they have just re-set WvW ranks so everyone started on an even footing (or perhaps just made all your characters equal to your highest WvW rank rather than adding all your ranks together). I like to think that our discussion here at least had some impact on the game. Maybe it did, maybe it didn’t…but they ARE using some of the constructive feedback we put here for other aspects that while not exactly the same are similar (equity in the form of time-spent in game being lost).

I love the idea that we actually made a difference. Even though the difference wasn’t mostly for us, but for others. The idea that pages and pages of suggestions and ideas actually reached Anet in one aspect or another is somewhat satisfying. There really is no way of knowing, but somewhat I feel we did make a difference for others and so the debate we started didn’t really go unrecognized completely.
Sadly when it comes to compensation, I strongly feel that it will not come in any form. The only official response to this thread I think will happen at this point is “the thread is closed”. The topic was pretty hot for two weeks now, so at this point the hope has been lost and trust has been broken.

in Fractured

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

The problem is when mistakes are made like this people don’t forget.
“The topic was pretty hot for two weeks now, so at this point the hope has been lost and trust has been broken.”
- I have not yet lost hope that something sensible will be done.

I have done the new fractals (>lvl 30) and to be honest I’m not that impressed with the changes. Most of the items are rehashes of old bits of temporary content and a few bug fixs (and lots more new bugs). The equity loss still hurts many of the causal players who are slowly leaving up at weekends or no longer have much time to progress with fractals (due to the length of time it takes).

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

Yeah, when you no longer have the time to progress like you did when you were unemployed in the summer, it does really hurt. that’s how I feel anyway.

[ARES]

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

I still have hope for this issue as well. As Long as they’re not responding and say what their reasoning behind this Action was and that they have no reason to give out compensation there is still hope they sometime will come to they’re sences!

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Romo.3709

It would make sense if they responded with something that would tell us that compensation is in discussion phase. Then you’d know that something might happen. But as the time flew by with nothing to show for that idea is more and more unlikely with every day since the information was released two weeks ago. At this point it’s just seem futile. Especially since they seem to have found justification in so many posters that denied us the right to even ask for the compensation to begin with. They’re the ones Anet seem to want to please the most. Not a single response in two weeks does not mean “we’re working on it”. It means “forget it was ever a problem and it will go away”. Since they seem to never think of it as an issue to begin with, and that been confirmed in the stream they had about “Fractured”.

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

You know it’s alway a bad sign if things getting stolen from minorities and the majority don’t cares about it or even says it is right…

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Romo.3709

You know it’s alway a bad sign if things getting stolen from minorities and the majority don’t cares about it or even says it is right…

That was my point of view from the beginning of this whole debate. When I actually saw players standing behind hurting other players. At that moment the hope was lost in the whole companionship of Guild Wars 2…

in Fractured

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

That was my point of view from the beginning of this whole debate. When I actually saw players standing behind hurting other players. At that moment the hope was lost in the whole companionship of Guild Wars 2…

Maybe if you actually lost something more than an arbitrary difficulty level for content that no longer exists… Like if you lost any gear/skins you got or you lost your AR or your fractal tokens, something tangible.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Fractured

Romo.3709

Maybe if you actually lost something more than an arbitrary difficulty level for content that no longer exists… Like if you lost any gear/skins you got or you lost your AR or your fractal tokens, something tangible.

That comes from one point of view. For example if you lost a watch, and it was an important watch to you, since you worked really hard in your teen years to afford it and finally got it, you’d be kinda bummed. Then when someone else would loose the same watch, they’d just go and buy another one, because it had no meaning to them. That arbitrary number wasn’t just a number to us. It was something we worked hard for therefore it was more important to us than it is to you. Simple as that. If you cannot understand that simple concept, I unfortunately cannot put it in any simpler words.

in Fractured

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

That comes from one point of view. For example if you lost a watch, and it was an important watch to you, since you worked really hard in your teen years to afford it and finally got it, you’d be kinda bummed. Then when someone else would loose the same watch, they’d just go and buy another one, because it had no meaning to them. That arbitrary number wasn’t just a number to us. It was something we worked hard for therefore it was more important to us than it is to you. Simple as that. If you cannot understand that simple concept, I unfortunately cannot put it in any simpler words.

A company can’t gauge value based on feelings. That’s been the main problem with this from the start. This concept of Equity connecting to an intangible indefinable concept. It does not and no “definition” of the word in which this is the case can be considered valid. You can be compensated for the watch with a replacement or an equivalent value to the watch. You can’t be effectively compensated for your emotional attachment to the watch.

I kind of want to hope that this is even the case with respect to the PvPers that are getting a title. Some actual tangible thing they currently have that is easily defined and presentable, in addition to their finishers which they’re keeping, will be lost and that is why they’re getting a title. If it isn’t, then I really don’t think that should be a thing either. Not that it matters what I think where their decisions are concerned.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Fractured

Ethics.4519

A company can’t gauge value based on feelings.

The point of this thread is to make them aware of this. They can gauge value based on feelings when we tell them how we feel and value them.

I was glad when you stopped posting. Please cease arguing just for the sake of arguing.

I kind of want to hope that this is even the case with respect to the PvPers that are getting a title

What? There is no difference. They are having levels reset that are meaningless and not valued to the majority of the players. They are getting a title (at least some compensation) and are even being told so well before hand. How is this any different? Hint: It’s not.

RIP in peace Robert

(edited by Ethics.4519)

in Fractured

Posted by: Syprus Soulslayer.1640

Syprus Soulslayer.1640

As a Frequent Fractal goer I was pretty upset to see my personal level rolled back to 30 Further more I was disappointed that the proposed Fractal Gear Box (weapon skinbox) – [&AgFCwAAA] was not added during the last patch. I was really banking on it to be added during this update as per what a Dev said in a post about a few weeks ago in regards to “Fractal Rewards”

Most of us do Fractals constantly for the prestige, challenge, skins, loot, etc. I’ve obtaining over 165+ Pristine Fractal Relics, and still have yet to see ANY Fractal Swords or Daggers. I like the fact that the weapons are “rare” but doing this many Daily runs and getting constant kitten rewards is just ridiculous. Here’s what I think should be done about it.

1) ANET should allow ALL Players who had previously made it pass 30 to choose between a Universal Ascended Weapon Chest [&AgE3wAAA] or a Fractal Gear Box (weapon skinbox) – [&AgFCwAAA] Obviously the codes are already in the game this could be done very easily

2) Players that have made it to 40+ automatically get BOTH sent to them in the mail ( like back during the Dragon Festival fiasco ) – See Link —->
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-June-11th-2013#post2260082

Lastly, please for kitten sake add new items to the Fractal vendors and make the rings salvageable / mystic forge-able. I Never understood why the only dungeon in the game that had Agony resistance never had a way for you to Obtain the items NEEDED to progress available at the vendors. STOP GIVING ME Non- Infused RINGS ON 30+ Fractals!! This has happened to me 3-4 times Post Patch.

/endrant

- your Fractal Frequenter Nazarus Soulswag – Mesmer Anvil Rock

[Evil] Blood Bath Nbeyond – 80 Warrior
[Evil] Nazarus Soulswag – 80 Mesmer
Devona’s Rest – Previously HoD / Anvil Rock

(edited by Syprus Soulslayer.1640)

in Fractured

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

first fractal levels. then PvP ranks. what’s with rerolling everythnig and taking away what so many players worked so hard to achieve? hope those that had high fractals levels hear something solid from ANet, sooner than later, one way or another.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Fractured

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

From the PvP blog post:

Once ladders are implemented, ranks will be retired. To honor the effort that players have put into the rank system, existing players will be able to keep all unlocked rank finishers and will earn a special title based on your rank to show that you were there from the start.

Hey that sounds cool!
Wait hold on … you mean that you will take away some rewards from PvP but to make sure these people do not feel cheated you give them titles and whatnot instead? That’s very generous.

That is way more generous than what you have done for people who reached Fractal of the Mists level 80, don’t you think?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Fractured

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Skyhammer farming caused it, ArenaNet really had no choice.

in Fractured

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

Overused metaphors aside (although I do like the substitution of “punch” for “slap”; very nice), you have a valid point.
Specifically, what would you recommend? A different title for every 10 levels? An emote? A skin?

in Fractured

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

fractal guys get punched it is time for pvp guys !

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

in Fractured

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

Anything is better than nothing, which FotM players got.

Also, I actually preferred the old non-account bound daily chest system, even though i had only 1 character around the 40-50s. Fractal weapons are still a rarity, which is alright.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

A title is, I think, what we have been asking for for 2 weeks and over 30 pages of forum posts.

Then they gave it to pvp folks.

Bah!

[ARES]

in Fractured

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

It’s done, they not gonna do anything about it, just get over, you had fun doing it (hopefully), it’s time to move on.

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

It’s done, they not gonna do anything about it, just get over, you had fun doing it (hopefully), it’s time to move on.

Oh, okay. Your great wisdom and all encompassing knowledge has made me change my mind. Watch me while I magically let go of the things that upset me and no longer care that my progress was wiped.

Oh wait, NO!

Good day, sir.

[ARES]

in Fractured

Patrikan Habaton.2548

[quote=3308900;Kal Spiro.9745 You can be compensated for the watch with a replacement or an equivalent value to the watch. You can’t be effectively compensated for your emotional attachment to the watch.[/quote]

But they didn’t compensate our Levels in any way, even if the reward might not be effectively what compensates us for our emotional Attachement. They could still Award us for the watch ( loose of fractal scales avaiable ). And please don’t say it’s just a number.. all is just a number Money Karma ect… So you agree that they at least needed to come up with some Kind of compensation for the watch ( fractal Level sacle loose) even if it coulnd’t make up for the effectively loss?

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Posted by: JohnnySupernova.9182

JohnnySupernova.9182

I don’t think anyone at anet has even posted about fractals since the update hit. They don’t care. It sucks, because there’s so much wrong with fractals at the moment, and they’re not going to do a single thing about any of it. I don’t know why they are so apathetic to fractals and the people that run them everyday. It’s ridiculous.

in Fractured

Posted by: McSlappy.1372

McSlappy.1372

This is pretty basic tbh. Many games have PvP Seasons that they do resets in. The allows newer players to the game to catch up with vets.

in Fractured

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

From the PvP blog post:

Once ladders are implemented, ranks will be retired. To honor the effort that players have put into the rank system, existing players will be able to keep all unlocked rank finishers and will earn a special title based on your rank to show that you were there from the start.

Hey that sounds cool!
Wait hold on … you mean that you will take away some rewards from PvP but to make sure these people do not feel cheated you give them titles and whatnot instead? That’s very generous.

That is way more generous than what you have done for people who reached Fractal of the Mists level 80, don’t you think?

The situation is actually quite different.
First, those rewards are mostly things already implemented – if one wanted said finishers, he could already have worked for them.
The second point is that they’re saying this with large advance – thus people can still work for them, now that they know that they have a limited time. We aren’t talking about retroactive rewards announced and put in when the content isn’t there anymore – that is, what fractal people wanted.

in Fractured

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

So if they don’t want to give any compensation they can just delay the communication and it suddenly becomes perfectly fine.

Some of you support really weird stuff.