[Merged] Fractal level reset is equity wiped. Discuss.

in Fractured

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

So if they don’t want to give any compensation they can just delay the communication and it suddenly becomes perfectly fine.

Some of you support really weird stuff.

Seems legit

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Fractured

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Serious punch in the face? You should have dodge-rolled.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Fractured

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Sorry, but this attack can’t be evaded.

in Fractured

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Sorry, but this attack can’t be evaded.

It is like agony, and unfortunately we do not have the Agony resistance that PvPers have :/

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Fractured

Zelyhn.8069

Sorry but to hit 80 in fractals you had to exploit the game.. No feels was given to those people.

Nope.
There are plenty of ways you can go to higher fractals without using a single exploit.
If Anet did not want us to go there they would have hard-capped the levels to 50 like it is now. They did not do this. They consciously allowed us to bypass their soft-cap with ease.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

Well… Merging is interesting.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

in Fractured

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

So if they don’t want to give any compensation they can just delay the communication and it suddenly becomes perfectly fine.

Some of you support really weird stuff.

If they don’t want to give any compensation, they just don’t give it – they don’t need to resort to anything.
But apart from that, we’re talking about different situations from the fractal one. So comparing those ones is quite grasping at straws.

in Fractured

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

At this point, I’m not even sure that ArenaNet still has the information about our previous fractal level.

So to refresh ArenaNet’s memory, I solemnely swear that I was level 81!

Okay, maybe it was 49 instead but hey I’m getting old, my memories aren’t as fresh as they used to be.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

I don’t actually see the difference. Apart from the fact it makes sense to reset a leaderboard that is already in the game rather than reset for a leaderboard that was arbitrarily added at the same time that no one wanted….

No one is grasping at straws. It’s very similar. That’s the long and short of it. They released this announcement two weeks after we gave them ideas, and they took those ideas and implemented them in the new theft of in game equity. While we get no response, no compensation, nothing.

[ARES]

in Fractured

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

I find it interesting that they went so far as merging the topics together into one mega topic, yet still not a single response. I can almost picture them sitting back with a popcorn bucket and read the replies for entertainment.

in Fractured

Zelyhn.8069

Wow … merging …
Nice way to get this thread – which is not about the Fractured living story update but more about the way Anet deals with its customers – out of the way of the broad public in the general discussion subforum.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

Sorry Zel, I’m the only one allowed to have a topic on this.

Jokes. <3 they just can’t wait for Fractured to be an archived sub forum!

[ARES]

in Fractured

Zelyhn.8069

But we won’t forget.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Fractured

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

I have the perfect compensation. Each character who reached lvl 48 before the update gets a full set of ascended armor with selectable stats

in Fractured

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

Interesting how they never merged my thread. It just died out…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fractured/Compensation-for-getting-reset-to-level-30/

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

Well I did start mine after yours. Maybe that’s why?

[ARES]

in Fractured

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Wow … merging …
Nice way to get this thread – which is not about the Fractured living story update but more about the way Anet deals with its customers – out of the way of the broad public in the general discussion subforum.

This actually was in the general discussion and that got shut down, which I believe is when Lilith moved it here.

What was even merged?

Does it even matter?

What is the meaning of life?

What is the question?

RIP in peace Robert

in Fractured

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I must admit, i find it kind of odd anet hasnt commented or acknowledge the bugs present with this patch. They really went completely dark shortly after releasing this patch.

Are chests actually ingame?
Is the ice fractal actually supposed to have NO checkpoints for the whole level?
bugs with not recieving daily awards
is the final boss chest not supposed to have bonus relics in it? (it really should, otherwise fastest way for relics is to roll the first map and quit over and over and over)

There is a lot here they should be talking about, but it really seems like they arent really interested.

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

Why would they? Masses are already waiting for the new “DLC”.

in Fractured

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

I’m pretty sure that Anet has very thoughtful educated people on their staff as many as high level thoughtful educated players in GW2, so this issue surely has been discussed regardless of the time frame of discussion. The uninitiated crowd might not understand the equity issue involved in game, but I’m pretty sure the smart people of Anet know this very well. And if they have no answer for it to this day, because either they just don’t have an legitimate explanation for it and
(a) hope people will forget and go away after certain extended period of time,
(b) try to find a middle ground & saving face at the same time.

or the overriding decision’s body of Anet developers think they have done no wrong, hence have no need to do anything.

Either way, it would paint a clear picture of Anet organizational culture and that’s more important for their future existence than to me.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

in Fractured

Zelyhn.8069

Oh yes yes the clever and educated people at Anet saw this thing: high level PvEers generally buy less gems so there is no need to catter to this player group. Oh yeah very clever indeed. So clever that now we will buy even less gems.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Fractured

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

Here is how I view their collaborative development anymore.

http://youtu.be/D6G-wNyIxzM

in Fractured

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

I wouldn’t like it, but it would at least help if they said something like : “we realize the way we handled the level reset was a mistake, and was frustrating to many of our most dedicated pve players. We cannont provide a fix at this time, but we have listened and taken your feedback into consideration. That is why current ranks in pvp ranks will equate to a title once that system is retired.”

This silence we get instead makes it seem like the devs think everything is fine, and it’s just a tiny minority screaming over nothing. Well, high ranked pvpers are probably an even smaller minority. But hey they’re net’s shot at ESPORTZ so they actually matter, right?

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

Darko, I entirely agree.

[ARES]

in Fractured

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

Maybe Toymaker Trixx has a present for us…

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Yup – still waiting for feedback here.
I have lost equity, the leaderboard are meh (players with too much time or have a convient holiday time period – I’m EU during a thanksgiving holiday they were released) and makes this useless.

How much time have I had to spend doing full fractal runs ?
Twice – that’s all. I have a busy real life with many real world interruptions- finding a slot which works in case I get a bad run is for the weekends when I am lucky. I can chose pretty much to skip any particular fractal side effect I don’t really like. It wiped out many weeks of effort during a difficult 6 months.

I now have less access to the loot table that I used to get (<less chance of an ascended weapon box for sure – I was running high lvl 40s or so every week). This is definite equity loss and potential reward loss.

I have seen all the complaints (no tonics available, no fractal boxes available yet, I doubt ascended armor will get added in for a while yet). The emergency fixs to fractals (due to what seemed like a rushed ill planned release/hash of old content that was out out) put a kabosh to fixing loot problems or addressing certain fractals correctly.

Please give feedback.

Originally when my post was deleted (and not merged) it was taken away for discussion. I am trying to patiently await the honest feedback from the ANET team and the results of the “discussions”. The US holidays are now over – please get back to us with something.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

in Fractured

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

ANet should watch this video and learn how to cooperate: http://youtu.be/5l7KbMVdN7E?t=54s

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)

in Fractured

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I still don’t really get the point. The only real alternative would have been to add 50-69 to implement the 19 new Mistlock conditions, and can you even imagine the whining if people had to get all the AR required for that?

This thread would drown in the flood if that happened.

To me it makes perfect sense. You’re changing the upper 20 levels, you reset everyone back to below that point. Maybe I’m too much developer to consider this from another perspective, sorry. But I’d do it the same way (or nearly the same way).
Could give an achievement ofc, listing pre-change FotM level. And a title for people who were 49++.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Fractured

Zelyhn.8069

The truth is we don’t care about titles. We were having lots of fun playing in fotm 80 and Anet took that fun away from us.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Fractured

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

To be honest, this entire patch has been a bigger disappointment than the last season of Lost.

• Fractals are riddled with bugs that are being unanswered (Nike’s thread)
  • Fractal weapon boxes don’t even drop yet, which was the entire selling point of this patch
  • Some Fractal weapons still don’t drop as skins (I had a Fractal Trident drop, which was just a weapon last week)
  • Complete silence since the patch launched
  • PvP’ers get compensation for their equity loss, and we are still being ignored to death and even scoffed by some players who think we deserve nothing
  • Leaderboards aren’t even in the game yet, which was the entire point of you wiping our levels
  • We’re mad as hell

I wonder how long I’m going to stick around to be honest. I barely log on anymore anyway.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

(edited by Bright.9160)

in Fractured

Zelyhn.8069

Good summary for huge much we are dissatisfied.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Fractured

phys.7689

I wouldnt be so combatitive about it.
Far as bugs go, my main issue why i say we need feedback, is because we are unaware what is a bug, and what is intended.
we are also unaware if they have reported the bugs we discovered to the appropriate persons.

Id suggest for each patch they create a dev thread, get a moderator callled robo joe who edits the thread.
players post issues with patch.
robo joe creates a post
on each issue he updates the status.
reported, investigating, bug, working as intended, not reproduced.

he deletes the posts on issues then and adds issues to the main post. Deletes all non issue related posts

thats all “robo joe” does, doesnt respond in depth.

the point here, users would have resource, and know what issues are known, what issues need more research, what has been reported, and what is working as intended.

It would be pointless for people to make a 10 page thread about why they think having no waypoint in the snow fractal is bad design if its a bug.

Its pointless to post in bug forum that we dont get extra fractals in the boss chest any more if thats working as intended.

we cant simply assume that if it aint in patch notes its a bug, because patch notes generally miss or generalize things.

in Fractured

Ethics.4519

I still don’t really get the point. The only real alternative would have been to add 50-69 to implement the 19 new Mistlock conditions, and can you even imagine the whining if people had to get all the AR required for that?

Oh no! You mean other people would have to put in the same time, work, and energy that we did to experience that content. That’s an outrage! What a shame! /s

Also, this thread wouldn’t exist because there would have been no equity wiped (especially if 80s kept their levels)

I wonder how long I’m going to stick around to be honest. I barely log on anymore anyway.

Agreed. I haven’t played for a week, and may only come back on just to talk with friends & help them out. The horrible two week updates and the way the company craps on the minority definitely won’t keep me returning.

RIP in peace Robert

(edited by Ethics.4519)

in Fractured

phys.7689

Oh no! You mean other people would have to put in the same time, work, and energy that we did to experience that content. That’s an outrage! What a shame! /s

Also, this thread wouldn’t exist because there would have been no equity wiped (especially if 80s kept their levels)

Agreed. I haven’t played for a week, and may only come back on just to talk with friends & help them out. The horrible two week updates and the way the company craps on the minority definitely won’t keep me returning.

dont bring up the whole level 80 debate. someone linked a post where dev said AR was supposed to be unavoidable and people werent supposed to pass 40 until new gear was released(at the time i think 30 was max AR) He even said they didnt intend players to buy res orbs to pass it.

By bringing the 80 debate in, you dilute your point, focus on the progress loss that isnt debatable. ie 30-50.

as to the other point. Im sorry but having fractals be mechanical difficulty change only for level 20-50 was a bad design, putting less boring difficulty changes as highup kitten would defeat the purpose.

(edited by phys.7689)

in Fractured

Zelyhn.8069

If they didn’t intend that then they would have hard capped the levels (like they did now).

We should haven’t to suffer because the developers are incompetent/lost.

Ouch be careful! I got my posts infracted because I said Anet released content with bugs.
Like … they are trying to hide it you know, well, like if it could be hidden!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Fractured

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

dont bring up the whole level 80 debate. someone linked a post where dev said AR was supposed to be unavoidable and people werent supposed to pass 40 until new gear was released(at the time i think 30 was max AR) He even said they didnt intend players to buy res orbs to pass it.

By bringing the 80 debate in, you dilute your point, focus on the progress loss that isnt debatable. ie 30-50.

as to the other point. Im sorry but having fractals be mechanical difficulty change only for level 20-50 was a bad design, putting less boring difficulty changes as highup kitten would defeat the purpose.

Ok you quoting a dev called Robert Hondura who isn’t working anymore at Anet so his Post is pointless. On top of that this dev was himself at lvl 54 when he posted it. And to put somthing more on top this Posts was made way after People reached scale 80. So the whole Point is invalid anyway:) Unless you can Show me a Post of a Anet-dev that is actually working at Anet that was made or stated People shoulnd’t go there before I went there I’m perfectly fine with it. If you can’t there is no Point in arguing about it. The gamedesign told we can→ we did it → no dev ever told we shoulnd’t have done it or we shoulnd’t do it→ search for my thread: " fractal cap scale 80?" you see we asked we have no answer so we just can’t know. So stop arguing about stuff you can’t know unless you Show some evidence!

first scale 81 fractals

in Fractured

Ethics.4519

I bring it up because I don’t want to leave them out either. I was only 48 before the reset, but agree with those 80s that are posting like Weth and patrick. The devs can say what they want, but all it required was an incredibly simple fix. They capped 81, so cap it at 51 instead.

I could go on and on about how I don’t want my dog going into the kitchen, getting on the counter, or eating the food in there, but the simple fix is to move the gate from the middle of the kitchen to the front.

RIP in peace Robert

in Fractured

Wethospu.6437

If they didn’t intend that then they would have hard capped the levels (like they did now).

Ouch be careful! I got my posts infracted because I said Anet released content with bugs.

Good point. I fixed it.

in Fractured

Zelyhn.8069

Good point. I fixed it.

Right, but now you deserve a ban for saying something that is utterly wrong
There’s not way out of this for you!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Fractured

Posted by: Estriella Faerie.4029

Estriella Faerie.4029

For those who continue to say going over 49 was an exploit…

When they introduced the lfg tool, quite recently, they put fractals into differents scales.
- 1-9
- 10-19
- 20-39
- 40+

If going over 49 was an exploit, why did they implement “40+” and not “40-49” ?
By the way, they really should change the scales now, as saying that between 20 and 39, the difficulty “don’t scale up drastically” (like they said when they first put LFG in-game) isn’t so true anymore.

in Fractured

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

For those who continue to say going over 49 was an exploit…

When they introduced the lfg tool, quite recently, they put fractals into differents scales.
- 1-9
- 10-19
- 20-39
- 40+

If going over 49 was an exploit, why did they implement “40+” and not “40-49” ?
By the way, they really should change the scales now, as saying that between 20 and 39, the difficulty “don’t scale up drastically” (like they said when they first put LFG in-game) isn’t so true anymore.

I actually don’t think it ever was true. 20-39 always scaled pretty drastically (I don’t think anyone could argue that even in the old fractals there was a drastic difference between a 20 and a 38. It goes along with the minority / majority thing again. With most players being below 30 and probably a majority of those being below 20 they did the 20-39 for the simple reason of having enough of a player pool to make the cut worthwhile. 40+ was just for the hardcore in their eyes (vast minority), so that is why they got their own.

It really should be for every 10 though now, especially since you can do a separate 10 for every daily..

in Fractured

Zelyhn.8069

40-49 was very easy
70+ was a bit hard, but honestly that is how real PvE should be.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Fractured

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

So…. How’s that feedback collection going, Anet?

in Fractured

Posted by: klemen.8439

klemen.8439

Alright, I’ve waited calmly ever since release of this update but now it’s getting quite annoying. I’ve quit the game and said to myself I won’t come back until I get a compensation for all those hours lost (Hours which Anet got paid for and I apparently waisted for nothing).

I still can’t get to understand this one thing though….
They said that they’re aware of the abnormally high WvW life-time achievements and that they won’t be lowering them because that would erase dedicated WvW players’ progress, instead of that they’ll keep searching for a proper solution to the issue so all players would be satisfied. Now how does this work for Fractals? It’s equal content to WvW or PvP, why give them both compensation/more time to work on solution and simply erase our progress?

Old Piken Square WvW Vet

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

Klemen, because they really don’t care. That’s it. They aren’t going to respond to this thread, they’re going to wait until it becomes an archived sub forum and pretend it never existed….

[ARES]

in Fractured

Posted by: klemen.8439

klemen.8439

Oh well, I just checked in to see the WvW “7week huge award” and I’m REALLY disappointed on how ANet doesn’t know how to properly award players.

I got 10 greenies for 50+ hours work, I got my stats erased at Fractals and I just feel like I’m wasting my hours on playing something that doesn’t give me the joy to stay playing.

Good bye until further Guild Wars 2, I hope you improve in near future.

Old Piken Square WvW Vet

in Fractured

Zelyhn.8069

Come and spam on http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2 with us !

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

Would if I could…. At work

[ARES]

in Fractured

Zelyhn.8069

We are getting chat banned left and right

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Fractured

Lilith Ajit.6173

Oof. Awful.

If only they listened the first time lol

[ARES]