Posted by: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.9620

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.9620

Single Mom.

For real.

Rate the Humans name above you

in Human

Posted by: Krassix.4017

Krassix.4017

2/10 . I can sympathize with you being a single mom but not as a name transferred into an MMO.

Solus Bloodhaven. My human necro.

in Human

Posted by: Fleaman.9864

Fleaman.9864

Don’t listen to that dude; Single Mom is absolutely a 10/10 name.

I’ll do Daciana Lasombra, since she got skipped. Definitely classy enough to take seriously. 8/10.

6/10 for Solus “on-the-nose” Bloodhaven. But, 9/10 if you ham it up and roleplay him like he’s a Chaos Space Marine.

Mine’s Nailbat Karla. She warriors.

in Human

Posted by: Invellous.6057

Invellous.6057

Mine is Nailbat Karla, she is a warrior.

8/10

Sounds like the name or nickname of a gang member, bouncer, or gladiator. Which works in my opinion for a warrior. Remind me to never get on her bad side.

Mine is Armand Vancleef, a human Thief. That World of Warcraft reference makes it so… ‘original’ I know, not. I had no luck thinking of a last name that fit with the first that I believed worked for a suave roguish type, and did not want to go with something cliche like ‘Shadowblade’. So I settled for a reference, and even use a red mask that resembles the iconic red masks worn by the Defias Brotherhood.

Attachments:

in Human

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Mine is Nailbat Karla, she is a warrior.

8/10

Sounds like the name or nickname of a gang member, bouncer, or gladiator. Which works in my opinion for a warrior. Remind me to never get on her bad side.

Mine is Armand Vancleef, a human Thief. That World of Warcraft reference makes it so… ‘original’ I know, not. I had no luck thinking of a last name that fit with the first that I believed worked for a suave roguish type, and did not want to go with something cliche like ‘Shadowblade’. So I settled for a reference, and even use a red mask that resembles the iconic red masks worn by the Defias Brotherhood.

8/10 I wouldn’t say originality matters, as long as it’s not something like “SuperAwethum22xxxx”

Vanity Cloud: Engineer
Vanity as in self-absorbed, Cloud as in a clouded judgement. A genius engineer who thinks of herself as a gift to the world, her inventions rivaling that of Asuran technology she often misjudges her importance and places herself higher in the food-chain than what she deserves.
So basically an arrogant b_tch, lol.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Human

Posted by: AkioFallstar.5460

AkioFallstar.5460

6/10

While I like the name as a sort of nickname or as a poetic descriptor, I can’t imagine any set of parents naming their child that. I do like it out of context though.

Kaede Varr: Noble-born Mesmer
Akemi Varr: Noble-born Engineer (Younger sister, perhaps?)
Cymea Varr: Noble-born Elementalist (Adopted, of Elonian descent)

The Varrs are an Ascalonian noble line (or at least that’s what I told Logan when he started asking me personal questions. Cheeky bugger.) who settled in Kryta following Rurik’s exodus. Connections with Cantha were formed via intermarriage, hence the Canthan-ish names.

Tianne Moravel – Yet another noble, this one a warrior home-grown in Kryta.
Ciani Fallstar – Street-rat ranger of Elonian descent, I used the name Fallstar in GWI for several characters as more of a title than a name.

Kaede Varr
Writer at Chronicles of Tyria
The Covenant of the Mourn [TEAR] and Powertrip [POW]

in Human

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

7/10 – too many humans, too much lore in a lore poor game.

Malcolm Cousland – noble warrior (because I could and as homage to Dragon Age)
Nagfeeks Helkatjie – commoner necromancer (loosely translates as “night-shrew hel-kitten” her succubus True Name; she was a foundling and her parents are dead: it’s therefore not important what her given Krytan name was)

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Human

Posted by: LeDuc.1436

LeDuc.1436

Malcolm – 6/10. I haven’t played dragon age so the name is lost on me.
Nagfeeks – 5/10. strange names that just feel out of place in Tyria.

Drake Ironcaster – Male warrior
Dawn heartphilia – Female Ranger

in Human

Posted by: Brayton.2361

Brayton.2361

William Brayton – Engineer, Drunk, Talks like a Pirate. Ascalonian family line. Brayton literally means ‘From the town of Bray’.
Karl Almos – Warrior, Proper, Seraph Vet. Karl means Man and Almos is a kittenization of a Spanish name meaning Soldier.

Ehh, its kinda boring since its really similar to the way Charr do their name, still good. 5/10

Heartphilia? Really? 4/10

(edited by Brayton.2361)

in Human

Posted by: Wangatang.1938

Wangatang.1938

7/10 – William Brayton. For some reason, the word Bray reminds me of a donkey and i find it fitting for someone who’s a drunk
6/10 – Karl Almos. Just not feeling it

Titus Ainsworth – Guardian

in Human

Posted by: Asgarde.3496

Asgarde.3496

8/10 Definitely sounds like a guardian name to me.

My Guardian’s name is Eria Silverburgh, a human noble of Ascalonian descent.

in Human

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

8/10 – Eria Silverburgh sounds very befitting of a noblewoman from Ascalon. A good mix of anglosaxon and germanic, and it doesn’t feel like a clunky mess to say out loud.

I have…
Landon Blake – Thief, scoundrel and trickster.
Dante Silverio – Necromancer, teenager with a snarky attitude.
Lyhnda Allefeur – Elementalist, Krytan nobility turned Vigil Knight.
Sayoran Farstride – Ranger, carefree wayfarer and adventurer.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

in Human

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

8/10

All sound quite nice. Love the ‘Farstride’ surname for the ranger in particular – very fitting!

My fire elementalist is called Audacious Ignatius

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Human

Posted by: revodeel.2651

revodeel.2651

9/10

Definitely unique and fitting for an ele.

My thief is named Rallaxx.

Do not allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

in Human

Posted by: Lysander.2751

Lysander.2751

3/10

I prefer Humans with last names. Rallaxx sounds like an Asura character, in my opinion.

I have two Humans…

Lysander Caelum- Male, Noble, Guardian
Ciena Adler- Female, Commoner, Warrior

in Human

Posted by: Northstar.9627

Northstar.9627

Michael Highwind – Human Great sword guardian

hmm lysander ive heard of before

7/10

in Human

Posted by: bigtimetopbanana.9725

bigtimetopbanana.9725

1/10 Christian name 8/10 Surname. boring first, but the second echos of great characters from novels.

I have a few chars:
Bigtime Topbanana – Human Warrior
Poetic Violence – Sylvari Ele
Poetic Dread – Mesmer Asura
Poetic Darkness – Norn Necro
Poetic Vengence – Char Ranger

- BigtimeTopbanana has been my handle for decades.
- Poetic Violence was a description I heard of an Aston Martin Vantage. I loved the description, and a play on that handle has stuck ever since.

(edited by bigtimetopbanana.9725)

in Human

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

0/10 for not sounding like a human name at all. Your warrior’s parents must have been drunk to name him that. Outside of Lore though, I give it a 5/10, mostly out of respect for using a handle across multiple games and media. It demonstrates a characteristic of being accountable, rather than hiding behind internet Anonymity.

Leo Crowngarde – Human, Male, Guardian, Noble

in Human

Posted by: Pedroso.4603

Pedroso.4603

7/10 – Just because i don’t like “common” real life names as a character name, however, Crowngarde sounds really bad-kitten =)

Watari Higarashi – Human Thief. I’ve been using Watari (death note reference) since my very first online game, which was MU Online, 8 years ago! The Surname comes from a mix of Japanese names that i enjoy =)

in Human

Posted by: Ventru.5302

Ventru.5302

9/10 – very nice name. It sounds so asian. :P

My human thief name is Ventru Uth Matar – Ventru is a nickname I use in many games/websites and Uth Matar is a surname of a Dragonlance novels character. BTW Ventru is a variation of a major bloodline of vampires called Ventrue.

(edited by Ventru.5302)

in Human

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

7/10 – Just because i don’t like “common” real life names as a character name, however, Crowngarde sounds really bad-kitten =)

I feel like I should explain it. I wanted to go with something that was a mix of, “Generic Paladin,” but with a stronger surname. I was thinking of Joshua, Vicktor, and Leo when I decided to go with Leo since Kryta’s national animal is/was a lion (not sure if that changed or what have you since Lion’s Arch is no longer a part of Kryta).

9/10 – very nice name. It sounds so asian. :P

My human thief name is Ventru Uth Matar – Ventru is a nickname I use in many games/websites and Uth Matar is a surname of a Dragonlance novels character. BTW Ventru is a variation of a major bloodline of vampires called Ventrue.

10/10 for going with Uth Matar. Dragonlance is one of my all-time favorite works! Every character was a gem of amazing.

To stay on topic…

Sorceress Elenie
Elementalist. Female.

in Human

Posted by: End Time Elijah.6308

End Time Elijah.6308

7/10 for the classic use of the title – Sorceress. Elenie is just different enough but not too obscure.

I like religious history, prophecy, and anything apocalyptic thus why I started Prophetic Fulfillment [SDA] guild and took names based on biblical events or characters.
1.) Advent the Remnant – Human Male Ranger
2.) Rev Three Angels – Human Male Mesmer
3.) Samson DeJudge -Norn Male Warrior

in Human

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

7/10 for the classic use of the title – Sorceress. Elenie is just different enough but not too obscure.

I like religious history, prophecy, and anything apocalyptic thus why I started Prophetic Fulfillment [SDA] guild and took names based on biblical events or characters.
1.) Advent the Remnant – Human Male Ranger
2.) Rev Three Angels – Human Male Mesmer
3.) Samson DeJudge -Norn Male Warrior

I also love religous history and could without reading your text refer to each name from the Bible – except the first one. If you want I would love an explanation for it. (PM)

1. Since I don’t know the context I give it 7/10. It’s still a cool name.

2. I like very much! Book of revelation and the prophecies of the three angels is one of the scary and brutal parts of the Bible. 10/10

3. The tale of Samson is epic, and what better name for a Norn Warrior? You have added DeJudge which I like very much, makes it more terrifying. 10/10

My Human Female Warrior is named “Is Leaena”, directly translated to “A Lioness” in Latin.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

in Human

Posted by: The Rogue.1328

The Rogue.1328

7/10 cause it’s a cool name, with it being A lioness in Latin but I think it could of been just leaena.

Mine is Lilliana Bladesong. She’s a warrior who grew up on the streets and she got given the last name Bladesong because of her talent with her prized greatsword

I am the official recruiter for Badgers Against Dragons, So PM me if you want a place
Check out our recruitment thread here
And our website here

in Human

Posted by: JayyxDawg.5081

JayyxDawg.5081

7.5/10 – I think the name is quite pretty, has a certain flow to it, which is often overlooked when naming characters. It also suits the class.

I have a human thief named Ayden Creed. Kinda cliche.

Human pin-cushion
Tarnished Coast [NA]

in Human

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

^8/10. I like it, but the “y” is throwing off the flow for me (and introduces doubt into the pronunciation), I think an “i” would have worked more for me – but that’s just me personally and I don’t know how anyone else would feel reading it !

My humans(sssss) are :

- Lilith Fontaine
(Necromancer, cheesy, I know !)

- Robert Courcelles
(Warrior, was on medieval name site for a few hours until I finally came up for air and picked that)

Both were going for an Ascalonian bent with the English and French-based names. I really hate picking out names, it’s the hardest part of character creation for me to find something I can live with.

in Human

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

7/10 for the first name, because i really see alot of necromancers with the name Lilith running around even though i like it.
9/10 Thats a good one! I hope you also gave him a medieval look^^

My Mesmer twins:
Vilia and Veronique Di Genova, both human nobles.

in Human

Posted by: Verock.8234

Verock.8234

7/10 for the first name, because i really see alot of necromancers with the name Lilith running around even though i like it.
9/10 Thats a good one! I hope you also gave him a medieval look^^

My Mesmer twins:
Vilia and Veronique Di Genova, both human nobles.

Two very noble and mesmerish names. 9! Only because of the Di Genova, a little too noblelish for my taste, but it fits well.

My Human Mesmer: Sin Levone

My Human Thief: Cero Mesec (potential name, not for sure yet!)

Câspian

in Human

Posted by: Neverminder.3296

Neverminder.3296

6/10 for “Sin”. Sorry.
7/10 for Cero Mesec. Sounds pretty okay.

I’m trying to decide between “Sir Lancel”, “Van Belmont”, and “Knight Errant” for my Guardian. What do you think? I could probably add a surname to Lancel if I go with it.

in Human

Posted by: Skyzyks.4763

Skyzyks.4763

I like the first two. The third seams to clushe to me.
I used actual names for my humans.
My Gardian : Shabnam Babb
My necro: Tahjare Babb ( the characters are not related one is a noble and the other a commoner)

in Human

Posted by: ZoSo.4867

ZoSo.4867

I like the name Tahjare and the last name Babb, is there any origin to your character’s names? I’ll give it an 8 or 9/10.

My human character is an engineer and his name is Ciarian Kirk. It is based off the name Ciarán, which is gaelic for “little dark one.” I thought it was fitting since he has a very short temper and slightly insane.

in Human

Posted by: kcmastere.5298

kcmastere.5298

Ciarian Kirk is a great name, both names flow well together and it seems quite engineery for some reason to me :> 9/10

Lé Blanc ( female human guardian) -which means ‘the white’, so unoriginal I know!
Gar Doosh (male leafy ranger) -the sound you make when u show off ur rippling pecs.
Nori Roll (female human thief) -Because sushi is awesome.

in Human

Posted by: Kiayin.3427

Kiayin.3427

Lé Blanc: 4/10. I like french names but the gender is masculine. I would have gone with La Blanche. ^^
Gar Doosh: 8.5/10. Love it XD!
Nori Roll: 11/10. Because sushi is awesome.

My female, elonian human guardian: Tabitha Raas
My female, ascalonian human necro: Taine Thelle

I’m horrible at choosing names.

in Human

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Tabitha Raas: 6/10
Taine Thelle: 8/10
They’re both nice names!

Mine go as this!
Tobius Lockehart: A Krytan street rat who lived a life of crime before striking rich after he found his inheritance stashed away in his parents home. He never knew of their existence sadly, which was why it took so long for him to obtain the money. He lived most of his life resenting them until he found out that they had lost their lives making sure he was protected. Now he spends his days among the nobility (he made some sound investments that made him richer, helps that he’s very in touch with the city’s underbelly) trying to find clues on who it was that killed his parents. Though that doesn’t mean he can’t excuse himself from pestering an engineer buddy he’s seems oddly enamored with lately.

Anthea Floros: A Krytan noble who can trace her heritage back to the Sunspears of Elona. Her family is an established mercantile family, and she has never had the need to do so much as lift her finger for anything. Still, the pride she has for her family’s past made her dreams to become a hero thrive. She hid her training in magic and combat from her parents, but her grandmother had a hand in shaping her into the battle-hardened elementalist she is today. Sadly though, she’s still caught up with the inner politics of the nobles within Divinity’s Reach, and constantly has to break up fights between two of her dear friends…

Rayne Henwood: An inventor tracing his routes back to Cantha, but even further still to Ascalon and Elona, Rayne has spent all his life tinkering about with machines. His love and extensive knowledge of engineering even granted him access to Divinity’s Reach’s most prestigious academies. A feat that was very uncommon for one born of a commoner’s family such as his. Still, he’s grateful for the opportunities thrown his way, except for the “friendship” he’s acquired with an annoying thief who seems to have latched onto him recently.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

in Human

Posted by: Ox See Sox.3687

Ox See Sox.3687

1. If its a Mesmer/Ele 8/10, if not 6/10. That’s a name that reminds intelectuals.

2. 7/10 Exotic, dunno the class tought.

3. 5/10 Mixes different language i dont quite like.

Nice Descriptions btw, but classes?

Me:
————————————————————-
Veuve Noir, Thief Female looking almost like Scarlett Johanssen on Avengers.
*Translates from french to Black Widow*
————————————————————-

Brains > Brawls
So Much Blur

in Human

Posted by: Jana von Ritterstein.6371

Jana von Ritterstein.6371

Veuve Noir sounds great, I like french type of names. For me, 10/10.

My nobl ele is Jeanne de Chaumont.

Jeanne is a french version of my wife`s name Jana and de Chaumont means the land of origin, Chaumont is the french village with spectacular castle.

in Human

Posted by: Hurtappl.6405

Hurtappl.6405

Jeanne de Chaumont is a beautiful name with a lot of thought!

I give you 9/10.. 1 more than 8 because im afraid you wife will hurt you if I dont rate her name high enough

My human female Guardians name is “I Love You Alot”
My human male Thiefs name is “Pump The Brakes”
My human male Mesmer is “Its A Beautiful Day”

in Human

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

My human female Guardians name is “I Love You Alot”
My human male Thiefs name is “Pump The Brakes”
My human male Mesmer is “Its A Beautiful Day”

5/10 on all of them. I’ve seen nicer but they’re not terrible. Not sure I grasp why you chose them but.

My human ranger is “Tobias Trueflight”, because long ago I had a ranger in GW1 named “Tobias Trueflight” so people would know me by that name if they saw me around. And “Trueflight” I’ve used since my first ever ranger on Everquest. so, long legacy of names

My human thief is “Elena Corso”, Elena because I liked the name, Corso because it’s been translated to me as "to run’. And that is what she was made for with me – to run and check things out.

Those are the only two I’m actively playing. I have another but she got shelved because I don’t grasp mesmers very well.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Human

Posted by: Lancaeron.1524

Lancaeron.1524

8/10 for Tobias, and 9/10 for Elena. They are wonderful names!!!

My Human Female Elementalist (my main) is named Pocahantas the Sage, and my Human Female Mesmer is named Princess Tahlkora.

in Human

Posted by: Aedrion.6483

Aedrion.6483

6/10 for Pocahantas the Sage. It’s basically Pocahontas with some different vowels, it also sounds weird. At least she’s a sage!

7/10 for Tahlkora, a very cool name for a fantasy character and a mesmer. Too bad it’s got princess in front of it or it would have been a certain 8 or 9!

My human male guardian’s name is Aedrion Azuryas (Ah- Zur- Ry- As)

in Human

Posted by: Acemi Er.3192

Acemi Er.3192

I really like his first name. Second name is good too, just not as good. 8/10.

My human female thief’s name is Kyria Phoenix. Phoenix was supposed to be her nickname but nicknames look a bit odd at humans. Kyria the Phoenix was odd so I changed it to her surname. As of Kyria, I thought about it like Paris, land name in the game. But instead of using Kryta or Tyria, I mixed them and got Kyria. Also, Kyria is more feminine sounding than the other two.

in Human

Posted by: Corpse Flakes.5369

Corpse Flakes.5369

8/10 I like the name but for the lack of fire I don’t like Phoenix for a thief, I prefer to name my characters in a way that relates to the class. Had you been a guardian or something Id have given you a 10

Human Necromancer named Corpse Flakes

-BelieveGate-

Anet please nerf Paper, Scissors is fine -Rock.

(edited by Corpse Flakes.5369)

in Human

Posted by: MacKela.7024

MacKela.7024

While I myself prefer rather common names, I’m going to give Corpse Flakes 8/10 because I love puns.

Might be a bit overkill, but I have 6 human males.
Mikhael Graves (Guard)
Matthew Graves (Thief)
Andrew Graves (Ele)
Adrean Graves (Mesmer)
Garret Graves (Ranger)
Johann Graves (Necro).

in Human

Posted by: Turophile.4028

Turophile.4028

Haha, I have 4. More females then males though. 10/10, I like how the names seem to have the same origin. Here are mine

Qrea Blackwynd
Alsaif – Last name lost

in Human

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

So how it works?
Qrea sounds nice to me, even if I dislike its spelling. Sounds like a harsh woman’s name.
Blackwynd is also nice, stylish and strong, maybe a fantasy noble name.
Alsaif sounds turkish/arabish for me, I like it.

<— My name is here.

Otherwise I have an alt called “Patricia Blackrose”, human ebony female necromancer with tribal gear.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Human

Posted by: Bobby.3721

Bobby.3721

9/10 “Faun Woodchild”
it has a nice ring to it.

Sam Ironskull – my gaurdian and my main.

This name is pretty special to me because way back when i first started playing GW1 my first character I made was a Warrior/Monk and this was his name.
I always tried to make him some kind of holy warrior but never could make a build for it so he just mainly used warrior skills.

Then 6 years later when they announce Guardians i say “holy kitten that’s what I wanted Sam to be like!” I guess you could say he is immortal to be alive for this long lol.

in Human

Posted by: Spudfuzz.6185

Spudfuzz.6185

Sam Ironskull – 8/10 – I like it, fantasy-ish but not over the top or pretentious.

Names I wanted to give my characters were taken so I just gave them irrelevant prefixes/ titles. I really don’t like last names and avoid them where possible.

Lady Senest (Elementalist)
Agent Azaris ( Guardian)

in Human

Posted by: Ryujinshi.5618

Ryujinshi.5618

I think im feelin an 8/10 on Senest but 9/10 on Agent Azaris. I like the titles you mixed in. Ive made 2 characters since my last post.

Drago Vincentius (mesmer noble)

Zamira Trueblade (ranger commoner)

in Human

Posted by: InfernoHero.5687

InfernoHero.5687

Garrett Vinter

Garrett in norse means Defender and Vinter is the scandinavian form of Winter.

in Human

Posted by: lerak.5286

lerak.5286

Drago Vincentius: 9/10 Love the latin, titan-y sound to it :p Especially great for a mesmer!
Zamira Trueblade: 8/10 Sounds very anime-like?

Gabriel (G), Duncan® and Althea (W) Angelheart
Elyss Twinheart (M)

Gabriel Angelheart – Far Shiverpeaks