6/21: DH / IoJ / NSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: KinkyGiraffe.4123

KinkyGiraffe.4123

This sums up a WvW matchup thread to me. Enjoy!

Attachments:

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

Posted by: zTales.4392

zTales.4392

Whatever happens, I don’t want to fight IoJ next match. It’s just annoying at this point. Give me SF, give me GoM, or give me DH… hell, give me Maguuma! Just not IoJ again. -__-

I do like a lot of you guys as people, but I hate what you try to set up with the double-teaming and crap, and I really hate it when you guys rage if we don’t do what you want us to do.

Bri Dragonblight – Ranger | Bri Iceblight – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

If you wanna rebuild, you gotta rebuild smart. Doing things that have consequences that hurt your server’s population is dumb and you should feel dumb.

You had 3 options.

1) fight NSP+IOJ VS DH (NSP did not want to officially double team but were focus DH anyway)
2) fight NSP vs IOJ vs DH (this option was clearly too difficult)
3) throw a nerd ragefit and fight NSP vs IOJ + DH (since you know, NSP is such a big threat)

Say what you want about “consequences” but after all this is a game, and NSP players know who they are, and now everyone knows who you are … lol

Very well put. I love how we, NSP, are getting attacked because we want to PLAY THE GAME AS INTENDED. It’s hilarious to read posts from IOJ that are like, “We didn’t want to double team DH, we just wanted to agree not to attack each other and to focus the attacks on DH!” What on earth do you think double-teaming is???? Regardless, if you look at the match as a whole, NSP basically focused on defending our borders. I worked constantly to just HOLD our blue side in EB. IOJ bragging about scavenging and targeting NSP is simply pathetic.

The moment I lost all respect for IOJ happened late last night. DH was attacking our keep HARD for hours. Felt like 100+. NSP had about 14 players. We dug in and somehow managed to hold off the DH wave even though our keep was bring constantly trebbed and filled with holes. Commander Sydewind led the attack and we drove DH back! Huzzah! We had about 15 minutes to cap a camp and get some supply to fix the walls before the next wave. Umber was off limits, so we ran to Dane. IOJ was just SITTING in Dane, about 10. Not doing anything. Lang was empty, but they weren’t attacking it. They were just GUARDING the supply camp like a junk yard dog because they knew we would need the supply to beat DH. They killed us. We tried again, again they killed us. Each time they retreated into Dane, NOT attacking Lang. Just sitting there. Starving us of supply so DH could take the keep. Which of course they did. At that point I realized the true nature of IOJ. You guys better hope we’re not matched up again because I’m gonna make sure every time I’m in WvW to target your server hard. NSP 4 life!!!

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

in Match-ups

KinkyGiraffe.4123

Very well put. I love how we, NSP, are getting attacked because we want to PLAY THE GAME AS INTENDED. It’s hilarious to read posts from IOJ that are like, “We didn’t want to double team DH, we just wanted to agree not to attack each other and to focus the attacks on DH!” What on earth do you think double-teaming is???? Regardless, if you look at the match as a whole, NSP basically focused on defending our borders. I worked constantly to just HOLD our blue side in EB. IOJ bragging about scavenging and targeting NSP is simply pathetic.

The moment I lost all respect for IOJ happened late last night. DH was attacking our keep HARD for hours. Felt like 100+. NSP had about 14 players. We dug in and somehow managed to hold off the DH wave even though our keep was bring constantly trebbed and filled with holes. Commander Sydewind led the attack and we drove DH back! Huzzah! We had about 15 minutes to cap a camp and get some supply to fix the walls before the next wave. Umber was off limits, so we ran to Dane. IOJ was just SITTING in Dane, about 10. Not doing anything. Lang was empty, but they weren’t attacking it. They were just GUARDING the supply camp like a junk yard dog because they knew we would need the supply to beat DH. They killed us. We tried again, again they killed us. Each time they retreated into Dane, NOT attacking Lang. Just sitting there. Starving us of supply so DH could take the keep. Which of course they did. At that point I realized the true nature of IOJ. You guys better hope we’re not matched up again because I’m gonna make sure every time I’m in WvW to target your server hard. NSP 4 life!!!

Naw diddums

I remember when Ebay, SBI or DH would attack our keep in EB and we’d have DR spawn camping us, we’ve all ran the hard yards, dont act like youre more special than the rest of us!

“we want to PLAY THE GAME AS INTENDED”

“Starving us of supply so DH could take the keep”

Those guys sitting in dane, were PLAYING THE GAME AS INTENDED they helped the stronger server at the time flip your keep so they could then come flip it later as they had less numbers. Now if we did that against DH, the week would have turned out a lot better. But no you NSP guys want to “play the game as intended”! Go go gadget NSP!

Its not like the the game was intended so that the 2 weaker servers would gang up on the stronger one

But no more truces with NSP like youve stated! I hope we get put against you lot again sometime soon

“It’s hilarious to read posts from IOJ that are like, “We didn’t want to double team DH, we just wanted to agree not to attack each other and to focus the attacks on DH!”

Youre missing the point, an alliance is not attacking each other, we didnt want that.
We just wanted to be on the same level as NSP and have DH as the common enemy! You guys may have been doing that, but not to our expectations and its snow balled from there!

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

Entropy.4732

Naw diddums

I remember when Ebay, SBI or DH would attack our keep in EB and we’d have DR spawn camping us, we’ve all ran the hard yards, dont act like youre more special than the rest of us!

Those guys sitting in dane, were PLAYING THE GAME AS INTENDED they helped the stronger server at the time flip your keep so they could then come flip it later as they had less numbers. Now if we did that against DH, the week would have turned out a lot better. But no you NSP guys want to “play the game as intended”! Go go gadget NSP!

Its not like the the game was intended so that the 2 weaker servers would gang up on the stronger one

But no more truces with NSP like youve stated! I hope we get put against you lot again sometime soon

“It’s hilarious to read posts from IOJ that are like, “We didn’t want to double team DH, we just wanted to agree not to attack each other and to focus the attacks on DH!”

Youre missing the point, an alliance is not attacking each other, we didnt want that.
We just wanted to be on the same level as NSP and have DH as the common enemy! You guys may have been doing that, but not to our expectations and its snow balled from there!

Your desperation to justify a cowardly tactic is hilarious, Kinky. Oh and thank you for confirming all my suspicions about IOJ’s dishonorable strategies. Let’s face it, NSP was close to over taking IOJ, so IOJ panicked and resorted to some pretty sketchy moves in order to regain a lead over NSP. Now you want to paint it as some justified targeting because of us snubbing your “Alliance” (cough, double-team, cough). It’s all bunk. And as far as I’m concerned, you guys are not even worth the continuation of this argument.

in Match-ups

zTales.4392

Naw diddums

We were focusing DH. lol. Just because we take a few camps or towers from IoJ doesn’t mean that we’re not focusing the other server.

Northern Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

KinkyGiraffe.4123

Your desperation to justify a cowardly tactic is hilarious, Kinky. Oh and thank you for confirming all my suspicions about IOJ’s dishonorable strategies. Let’s face it, NSP was close to over taking IOJ, so IOJ panicked and resorted to some pretty sketchy moves in order to regain a lead over NSP. Now you want to paint it as some justified targeting because of us snubbing your “Alliance” (cough, double-team, cough). It’s all bunk. And as far as I’m concerned, you guys are not even worth the continuation of this argument.

Cowardly tactic? You mean they should have hit DH then caused a double team to start on us? “Dishonourable strategies” Mmmkay, we tried to play this week out right from the start, but we’re not just going to focus DH and let you cherry pick our points with no consequences.

We were focusing DH. lol. Just because we take a few camps or towers from IoJ doesn’t mean that we’re not focusing the other server.

You guys may have been doing that, but not to our expectations and its snow balled from there!

Why dont NSP understand that theres always going to be a double team happening in WvW?

DH attack NSP
IoJ then attack DH, NSP push back then it turns into a double team onto DH
same with if IoJ decide to attack NSP, itll be a double team on NSP.

I dont get your servers “ethics” and “morals” of never teaming up with another server and saying its cheating?

NSP was close to overtaking IoJ, but that is only because we were focusing DH 90% of the time and only hitting NSP after they attacked us.

Look what happens when we change our tactics and decide to hit you, we get a 20k lead, you were never going to get second!

But i do respect you for not thinking youre a better server like some others, cough DR cough. But like Noms said, you do have quality players, shouldve used them on DH rather than us!

Grats to DH on the win, it would have been nice to make you lot work for it, but NSP wanted their BL flipped <3

Mr(s) Starkk

in Match-ups

Entropy.4732

Wow. I really hope you’re not the spokesperson for IOJ, Kinky, because you’re really making the server look bad. If I was in IOJ I would get in on this conversation quick to salvage whatever remains of your dignity.

in Match-ups

Posted by: THE Dentist.5960

THE Dentist.5960

Being from DH I can say its been a great week. NSP really gave us a great fight. I really don’t understand why your point’s are not higher.
Yes, we took your keep several times, Sorry, you guys should of never tried to overtake our entire BL.
Taking a few Towers and Maybe a keep or two once in while is fine, but to try and overtake our entire BL was simply something that made our server want to beat you that much more.
We have gone after IOJ keep. Got it a couple of times. One time we rolled in there with 9 or 10 golems.
Best of luck with the new match ups. You guys gave us some great fights. Hope you do well.

But we haven’t hit DH hard all week apparently. We have focused IoJ the entire time. Rofl. I feel like I am in a twilight zone with them. Lol.

On a serious note. Fun matchup with both of the servers. I love the fact that DH has a few roamers and a very few times IoJ as well. I am more of a roamer myself and enjoy the PvP side that WvW allows for and it has definitely made for a great time. Hope I was able to frustrate a few of you a couple of times. I am sure we will meet one or both of you again. It’s reset day and I am looking forward to another great matchup. Props to NSP for showing alot of grit! Proud to a part of a great server.

VoxL (NSP)
Doom Strykër [Warr] Doom Ryder [Ranger]
Doomku [Guard] Doom Wrack [Mez]

in Match-ups

zTales.4392

Cowardly tactic? You mean they should have hit DH then caused a double team to start on us? “Dishonourable strategies” Mmmkay, we tried to play this week out right from the start, but we’re not just going to focus DH and let you cherry pick our points with no consequences.

You guys may have been doing that, but not to our expectations and its snow balled from there!

Why dont NSP understand that theres always going to be a double team happening in WvW?

DH attack NSP
IoJ then attack DH, NSP push back then it turns into a double team onto DH
same with if IoJ decide to attack NSP, itll be a double team on NSP.

I dont get your servers “ethics” and “morals” of never teaming up with another server and saying its cheating?

NSP was close to overtaking IoJ, but that is only because we were focusing DH 90% of the time and only hitting NSP after they attacked us.

Look what happens when we change our tactics and decide to hit you, we get a 20k lead, you were never going to get second!

But i do respect you for not thinking youre a better server like some others, cough DR cough. But like Noms said, you do have quality players, shouldve used them on DH rather than us!

Grats to DH on the win, it would have been nice to make you lot work for it, but NSP wanted their BL flipped <3

The kind of double-teaming that we think is ridiculous is the kind of double-teaming you pulled on NSP with DH. IoJ’s people speaking and coordinating with DH commanders about attacking NSP is a lot different than IoJ and NSP focusing DH without speaking or coordinating with each other because it’s the biggest threat. Which is what was going on, by the way.

We still attacked IoJ, but DH was always our focus.

Northern Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

As laspo said he may have started the decay into chaos between the cluster kitten of all three servers for the final day, but none of us hate him or blame him, each commander makes his own decisions, don’t put it on a whole server, this cluster kitten between all of us happens every match up at the end. Reality be it, DH know hows we play, we look for opportunity and take it if need be, a lot of the time it looks like double teaming as well. I dont mind a DH commander telling us they are going somewhere, yet again I will say each commander does make their own decision about it, Him telling you that leaves him wide open somewhere else we can hit there, or we can choose to hit the area he is. I may not like double teaming, but DH was only ahead about 10k before you flipped our kitten, which I CONTINUE to have respect for you about by the way, but the color blue was very out of season for us this week for my liking :P DH is now ahead by almost 50k from you and 30k from us. NSP has given us great fights and a fun week. You’re the guys continuing to complain about things to be honest from what I see. IoJ was double teamed by DR and DH for 2 months and we never gave up, we know how it feels, we simply wanted to make it a better match up. You know what also? SF agreed to hit DH with us, DH had a massive run for their money that week, it doesnt mean that we dont hit each other occasionally, sure we do, not all commanders agree either and hit things, we werent asking for a “Oh look NSP lets just run right by and not auto attack them” We would have still engaged and pushed you back, or gotten wiped more likely cause you’re group play is amazing.

Regardless of how you feel about us, many of us on IoJ respect and like NSP for the fight they have put up and flipping our BL, Bird Song i gotta say you are one hell of a commander and congrats again on that, kitten was scary as hell waiting at hills then garrison then you guys coming form no where and blowing through hills and us almost stopping you at garri.

All in all, NSP I respect your server, Good luck next week and I hope you continue being kitten.

Now DH.. Please leave us alone for a couple weeks.. or months jkjk Always fun fighting you guys Baghaven <3

Edit: Dont know if i got my point across in the end there, i’ve just woken up so my writing isnt that coherent yet, apologies if you take things the wrong way, Just trying to say goodluck to both NSP and DH next week. Love you deep down dh, hate you on the top. NSP you continue to hold my respect and I wish you guys luck next week. And a shout out to Bird Song for the amazing BL flip in the AM a few days ago. Basically what i was trying to get out. Now if you’ll excuse me. COFFEE TIME!

Isle Of Janthir

(edited by Banzie.5248)

in Match-ups

zTales.4392

just lol that you think tag teaming a 3rd place server, 4 positions behind you in rankings at the start of the week, on a friday, in their off hours is an achivement worthy of bragging.

I think we can both agreee that KinkyGiraffe has the mental capacity of a goldfish.
This is what I imagine his face is every time I read his posts.
It fits well.

I love how every time I refresh, it changes… xD

Northern Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

just lol that you think tag teaming a 3rd place server, 4 positions behind you in rankings at the start of the week, on a friday, in their off hours is an achivement worthy of bragging.

I think we can both agreee that KinkyGiraffe has the mental capacity of a goldfish.
This is what I imagine his face is every time I read his posts.
It fits well.

I love how every time I refresh, it changes… xD

Trying to reduce my infractions.
Because without a doubt he’ll file a report.

You ever see the utube video, angry german kid plays unreal tournament.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcctWbC8Q0
That my friend, is what I imagine went on to cause such nerd rage.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

(edited by Rob.7624)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Iluth.6875

Iluth.6875

Honestly a lot of us would rather lose than do what you did.

And if you need to keep telling yourself that you could have taken us without going under DH’s protection. That’s not even worth laughing at. Instead prove it, if we are matched again.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Flerch.4817

Flerch.4817

I actually sent all the other XOXO thieves a macro that makes it so when you press any key, it registers as 19238757986198 times hitting 2.

I knew it! And there’s proof! BAN PLZ

Edit: blahblah double team. Yep.

Sometimes when I go to sleep, I map my entire keyboard to 2 and use it as a pillow. That way in the morning when I wake up, I can walk across WvW to pick up my trail of bags.

Timada Thief|Poof Poof Bang Mesmer
Daklap Elementalist|Man Crushin Thighs Warrior
XOXO|NSP

in Match-ups

Rob.7624

Edit: Dont know if i got my point across in the end there, i’ve just woken up so my writing isnt that coherent yet, apologies if you take things the wrong way, Just trying to say goodluck to both NSP and DH next week. Love you deep down dh, hate you on the top. NSP you continue to hold my respect and I wish you guys luck next week. And a shout out to Bird Song for the amazing BL flip in the AM a few days ago. Basically what i was trying to get out. Now if you’ll excuse me. COFFEE TIME!

<3 Much love dude
Hopefully if we matchup again we can get some real WvW done
I have a pic for you actually, from that flip. Here I’ll attach it
The Quaggan on my back knows whats up.
Snapshot of the week?

Attachments:

Commander Bird Song
Os Guild

(edited by Rob.7624)

in Match-ups

zTales.4392

Honestly a lot of us would rather lose than do what you did.

Agreed.

I did threaten to ask my DH buddies for help if IoJ tried to “double-team” us, but that’s only ‘cause IoJ was really getting on my nerves and I wanted to kitten them off. They expect us to do exactly what they want us do, even though they know that NSP has a different style. Who wouldn’t find that annoying?

Now, if I had to choose between coordinating with DH to keep second place or going down to third place with NSP, I’d rather go down to third fighting and say we gave it our all.

Northern Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

<3 Much love dude
Snapshot of the week?

You guys only ended with one Omega left though right? If so I’ll still feel accomplished even though we lost everything xD

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Rob.7624

<3 Much love dude
Snapshot of the week?

You guys only ended with one Omega left though right? If so I’ll still feel accomplished even though we lost everything xD

Yep, not even all the golems + players are in that pic. Couldnt fit, that was just the middle of the zerg.
Your fortifications on garrison tore most of the golems to pieces
What happens when you build siege at every single gate lol.

Attachments:

Commander Bird Song
Os Guild

(edited by Rob.7624)

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

<3 Much love dude
Snapshot of the week?

Yep, not even all the golems + players are in that pic. Couldnt fit, that was just the middle of the zerg.

We assumed you would immediately rush garri after bay so we were waiting there, but you guys went hills instead. After that we put 1 cata per gate, at least 4 acs a gate then on that last inner gate we had like 5 ballis for the choke point for when you got in and even more siege in lords.. You screwed our plan up by going to the top of lords first instead of immediately down so our 4 acs up there were worthless :c

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Rob.7624

<3 Much love dude
Snapshot of the week?

We assumed you would immediately rush garri after bay so we were waiting there, but you guys went hills instead. After that we put 1 cata per gate, at least 4 acs a gate then on that last inner gate we had like 5 ballis for the choke point for when you got in and even more siege in lords.. You screwed our plan up by going to the top of lords first instead of immediately down so our 4 acs up there were worthless :c

I knew you’d think we’d go to garrison after bay. Been poking you all morning remember. Know your style. Reason why we didn’t touch watergate.
But maybe next time I know that you know that I know that you know about hills over garrison in that sense that swimming is more than walking but walking gives you great legs structure in which you can get a really good modelling job.

Or we’ll flip camps with the golems.
That’d be surprising.

On a side note.
That dude on the ballista had no idea what hit him lol
Brave fella.

Commander Bird Song
Os Guild

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

<3 Much love dude
Snapshot of the week?

I knew you’d think we’d go to garrison after bay. Been poking you all morning remember. Know your style. Reason why we didn’t touch watergate.
But maybe next time I know that you know that I know that you know about hills over garrison in that sense that swimming is more than walking but walking gives you great legs structure in which you can get a really good modelling job.

That’d be surprising.

Ye after we recapped most things we went your BL and flipped hills with 5 golems when most of your server went back to EB then after you retook it we stopped caring and flipped lake with 8 golems. Total win moment.

P.s. Now i wanna go build a golem and do some epic camp flipping, wonder what the roamers would think of an omega walking towards them.

Edit: I really need to start taking more screen shots.

Isle Of Janthir

(edited by Banzie.5248)

in Match-ups

Rob.7624

<3 Much love dude
Snapshot of the week?

That’d be surprising.

Ye after we recapped most things we went your BL and flipped hills with 5 golems when most of your server went back to EB then after you retook it we stopped caring and flipped lake with 8 golems. Total win moment.

P.s. Now i wanna go build a golem and do some epic camp flipping, wonder what the roamers would think of an omega walking towards them.

Camp flip golem zerg is the only real way to prove to the other server that you’re cool.

That or taking a +30man zerg into the EB jp

Commander Bird Song
Os Guild

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

LOL at double team comments

You must be new to the game. Welcome to WvW!!

I enjoyed the match all around. NSP puts up some great tactics (though mainly from Os) and IoJ is DH’s BFF. Violent relationship, true, but what can ya do when its the nature of the beast?

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in Match-ups

Rob.7624

06-04-13

Never forget.

Commander Bird Song
Os Guild

in Match-ups

Posted by: Spets the MilkBandit.9031

Spets the MilkBandit.9031

So yes, we did “Double Team” you but it was to prevent Us from getting double teamed in return. Say what you will about the “Double Teaming” as a cheat, but I saw it as a way to prevent a crushing blow to IoJ.

If NSP decided not to DT with you, what makes you think we would do it against you?
NSP does not DT. We did focus DH but if you’re expecting us to completely * ignore your side then you’re the kitten here.
What you are basically saying is.

NSP, server 4 places below us so clearly lacking in population, was proven to be too much of a threat because our commanders cant multi-task and fight on 2 fronts and have to make a deal with 1 server per matchup or else we lose, we gave you the opportunity to DT DH with us but when you refused 3 of our smallest peen commanders DT’ed you and we are great.

Congratulations
lol

Smitry / Spets
Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] Commander
Northern Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

LOL at double team comments

I enjoyed the match all around. NSP puts up some great tactics (though mainly from Os) and IoJ is DH’s BFF. Violent relationship, true, but what can ya do when its the nature of the beast?

We have those wild nights where we go at each other with knives and throw lamps at each other while hiding behind the couch. Other night we cuddle together and watch chaos brew. Things are never boring with DH around

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Spets the MilkBandit.9031

Spets the MilkBandit.9031

Congrats to DH btw,
this week you guys were fun to fight!
kitten those ac’s….

Smitry / Spets
Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] Commander
Northern Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

06-04-13

Never forget.

Never. Ever. Forget.

And no, I was not feeling you up. It was a pickpocketing. Being a norn however, its like trying to pet an ant with a hammer.

serious note That is one of my favorite wvw memories, and will remain that way.

We have those wild nights where we go at each other with knives and throw lamps at each other while hiding behind the couch. Other night we cuddle together and watch chaos brew. Things are never boring with DH around

YOU threw that lamp?! That thing came out of nowhere. Cheap shot mister, cheap shot. Especially going after the biggest target. You just had to go there, didnt you? That thing freaking HURT!

Wanna cuddle?

:D

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in Match-ups

zTales.4392

Wait, we’re having a cuddle party now?! First I miss fight night, now this?

Northern Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

You are always welcome to the cuddle puddle, z. Now and forever.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

06-04-13

Never forget.

Never. Ever. Forget.

And no, I was not feeling you up. It was a pickpocketing. Being a norn however, its like trying to pet an ant with a hammer.

serious note That is one of my favorite wvw memories, and will remain that way.

YOU threw that lamp?! That thing came out of nowhere. Cheap shot mister, cheap shot. Especially going after the biggest target. You just had to go there, didnt you? That thing freaking HURT!

Wanna cuddle?

:D

Hmm, I guess we could, it is reset day lets all be nice for once

I’m sure DH wouldnt mind you joining, would you? xD

P.s. Idk what i’ve started but i hope it lasts.

Isle Of Janthir

(edited by Banzie.5248)

in Match-ups

Rob.7624

Yeh the ragenubs from the other servers aren’t on the forums atm.
Only us gents here having a fine discussion on finaries and such.

Commander Bird Song
Os Guild

in Match-ups

zTales.4392

You are always welcome to the cuddle puddle, z. Now and forever.

Awww, thank you! <3

Northern Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

THE Dentist.5960

Nice fight at IoJ North camp just now, props to ya you guys kept coming and rezzing.

VoxL (NSP)

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

Nice fight at IoJ North camp just now, props to ya you guys kept coming and rezzing.

Was about to just say the same thing to you guys, I was tabbed out writing on this forum page and when i came back i was half hp and i turned around to see a mass of NSP there with a few people fighting xD I was like kitten KEEP IT CONTESTED AND MORE PEOPLE GET HERE NOW!
I was busy upgrading it and you wanted to take all my silver :c

P.s. STAY AWAY FROM MY CAMP I KNOW YOU’RE COMING AGAIN D’:

Isle Of Janthir

(edited by Banzie.5248)

in Match-ups

Posted by: MegaManExpert.8413

MegaManExpert.8413

I was given a lot of choices that night and I had to make calls based on the info I got. I personally was not in any communication with DH but I can see the flow of battle and where DH focus was. I also known from past experience what gets DH’s attention the most.

I had four big choices for EB: Take the fight to DH and flip there stuff, Fight NSP while DH is putting pressure on NSP, Turtle up in our end and watch DH jump all over NSP, or split the group with two commanders and try to press both sides at the same time and leave nothing for defense. Each choice had a risk and consequence with a level of complexity.

The first choice would risk having DH take there large group and effectively pound us into the ground, with the added risk of NSP also pouring on the pressure but taking towers not manned or flipping paper towers. The second option ran the risk of DH pulling a full 180 and send a MASSIVE force into us while our main force was in NSP territory. The third would run the risk of losing people to inactivity and be more exposed and earn no points for our side. The last would run the risk of leave us open to both sides and getting slammed by both sides which would turn it into a 2v1 on IoJ.

Maybe if I micromanaged the groups and had scouts sending reports in I could effectively counter any advancements but we have few people willing to scout on IoJ. I find it my responsibility as an IoJ commander to keep the masses happy and coming so that way we can grow and not need to resort to using “Double Team” tactics. DH has the numbers when I am on and the only time we can have “Even or More” numbers is when our Oceanics get on.

Sorry if these tactics sound cheap but honestly there sound. IoJ has evolved as a group play server since most of our people come from a group play environment. Sorry for having a lack of roamers or groups of people that lack PvP skills and hide behind NPCs/walls. We saw the best of IoJ leave and suffered at the hands of ruthless WvW servers only to finally break out of a free fall and start building up our player base in WvW.

Proud Commander for Isle of Janthar
Laspo Yorick – Mesmer
Samson Longshanks – Warrior

in Match-ups

zTales.4392

Was about to just say the same thing to you guys, I was tabbed out writing on this forum page and when i came back i was half hp and i turned around to see a mass of NSP there with a few people fighting xD I was like kitten KEEP IT CONTESTED AND MORE PEOPLE GET HERE NOW!

I sowwy. :<

When I first started siege/upgrade duty, my upgraded camps and towers were always taken within a few minutes after I payed for upgrades. No joke. Every single time for a few days straight.

Now it doesn’t happen as often, thankfully. Losing 25s+ on siege and upgrades in 5 minutes is not fun.

Northern Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

When I first started siege/upgrade duty, my upgraded camps and towers were always taken within a few minutes after I payed for upgrades. No joke. Every single time for a few days straight.

Now it doesn’t happen as often, thankfully. Losing 25s+ on siege and upgrades in 5 minutes is not fun.

What ticked me off the most once is when i bought fortify upgrade for SM against DR and FC and FC rushed it almost right after =_=

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

zTales.4392

What ticked me off the most once is when i bought fortify upgrade for SM against DR and FC and FC rushed it almost right after =_=

What ticked me off the most is when I spent 2 hours and about 2g upgrading and sieging up QL, then DH cata’d both of the walls down and we had to fend them off from inside the tower. But wait, there’s more! We successfully defended QL for 15 minutes or so with both walls down! Then, we got the walls fully repaired, and someone paid for the “fortify” upgrade! I went to Danelon, went afk for 4 minutes, and when I came back, I was dead. IoJ got Danelon, and they had the QL gate at 40% with a bunch of rams on it. No NSP players were around. I asked for help in map chat but it was too late…

CURSE YOU, IoJ!!! >:(

Northern Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

What ticked me off the most is when I spent 2 hours and about 2g upgrading and sieging up QL, then DH cata’d both of the walls down and we had to fend them off from inside the tower. But wait, there’s more! We successfully defended QL for 15 minutes or so with both walls down! Then, we got the walls fully repaired, and someone paid for the “fortify” upgrade! I went to Danelon, went afk for 4 minutes, and when I came back, I was dead. IoJ got Danelon, and they had the QL gate at 40% with a bunch of rams on it. No NSP players were around. I asked for help in map chat but it was too late…

Was this last night? Cause we fully upgraded QL after that if it was and sieged it up with like 10 acs a cata, treb and 3 ballistas + cannon and mortar xD

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

lol @ people complaining about getting hit from both sides in Eternal Battlegrounds.
The moment you enter that map you forfeit any right to complain about double teaming or having to deal with 2 servers. Yes, having to juggle offense and defense from two opposing sides is the point.

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

in Match-ups

zTales.4392

Was this last night? Cause we fully upgraded QL after that if it was and sieged it up with like 10 acs a cata, treb and 3 ballistas + cannon and mortar xD

Nope, it was … errr … Monday? I think? Earlier in the week.

Northern Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

Nope, it was … errr … Monday? I think? Earlier in the week.

Ahh, before all the poo flinging started them lmao.

P.s. Titan fully upgraded with +5, Stay away all of you!

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

zTales.4392

lol @ people complaining about getting hit from both sides in Eternal Battlegrounds.
The moment you enter that map you forfeit any right to complain about double teaming or having to deal with 2 servers. Yes, having to juggle offense and defense from two opposing sides is the point.

The point is that IoJ expected NSP to take part in some combined effort against DH. Even though NSP is focusing DH, we’re not going to leave IoJ alone. So IoJ complains when we attack them, even though it’s WvWvW, not 2WvW. They then get so kitten ed off that they decide to declare an all-out bloodbath against NSP, and coordinate with DH to smash NSP into the ground even more.

That’s silly, is it not?

P.S. That doesn’t apply to all IoJ players, I know. :P

Northern Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheLaughingMan.7951

TheLaughingMan.7951

Yo Agrippa, I was on 8pm EST to 1am EST. I went to Orb arena and windmill. I also heard from my friend Crit that he wooped up on you guys pretty good when he was on. He doesn’t rep it much in WvW, but he is also a TROL.

I was on when I said I would be, and when I didn’t see any GRIM guild members (I even asked in mapchat if ANYONE had seen any of you), I ended up fighting a bunch of clowns from abyss who were less than impressive.

Zrun
Former NSP, now on GOM! http://www.youtube.com/user/umdsmith/videos

in Match-ups

zTales.4392

I’m sad. I was hoping to duel some DH/IoJ people, but I don’t get home till like an hour before the reset tonight. Then I gotta’ eat and stuff. Sad panda. :<

Northern Shiverpeaks

in Match-ups

Banzie.5248

Nice fight to the 5 or so DH that just came Paw. I didnt think me + Guards would be able to take you. Fun fight though ^-^ Almost got me downed a few times but i was able to pop retal and regen fast enough off cool down, got lucky least to say there :P

Isle Of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: JohnnyRico.8591

JohnnyRico.8591

So much complaining, let’s all hold hands and sing kumbaya. Here is how me Joe and Mugi do it. The clip is a bit old (I think from last week’s match) against some DH. Engi cross healing is so fun. Good luck to both IoJ and DH in your future matches if we don’t see you tonight.

Rackin Stack (SPCA) – Norn Support Engineer and #1 Noob NA
Speed Búmp (SPCA/SOLO) – Asura Engineer
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcYNsmKLJ2vJhhOEefzyg1A

in Match-ups

THE Dentist.5960

Thanks to the DH Warr (CCHN I think)and Thief (LEAD) for the fun 2 on 1 fights outside of SM by our keep, sorry it got interrupted at the end.

VoxL (NSP)

(edited by THE Dentist.5960)