Lindbur.2537

Are you Nike, or Dankies? I have a hard time telling who’s who. :o

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Most Uninformed Embarassing Personal Posts

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

So one of the things i love/hate about elementalist, there are many different builds that you can make. In such, i really can’t decide how i want to make mine. I mostly run dungeons and fractals, no WvW or sPVP.

I mostly want to be either making combo fields but want to deal sick damage, while minimizing damage. Main dps route would be to stack some bleeding and burning, add some vuln and go into water mode / lightning hammer to do some 30%-40% increased damage assuming health is over 90%.

As for weapons or gear, i really can’t decide if i should use a focus offhand for more survivability support, or staff since it can do everything. In gear i’m either thinking rampagers for the condition damage i can deal with burning or bleeds or just go with crit damage.

Help me if you will! Here’s a general idea of what i want to do: http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/elementalist#5|0|0|0|0|0|0|10|1664|0|0|25|1613|1619|0|10|2254|0|0|25|1683|2260|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

Back when I wanted to make a… condition damage lightning hammer build? The kitten did i read? The dark ages have past thankfully.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Why did I- oh right, no one told me. ;-;

A good ele will not run staff in most dungeon runs unless range is a requirement, because compared to s/d and d/d, staff fares poorly at damage. If your choices are really only staff ele or power necro, I’d choose the power necro instead.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

A good ele will not run staff in most dungeon runs unless range is a requirement, because compared to s/d and d/d, staff fares poorly at damage. If your choices are really only staff ele or power necro, I’d choose the power necro instead.

/slaps hand
Baad kitty.
Pls someone of you guys distract me from answering that idiot on the other thread so I don’t get banned. I keep writing and deleting my posts as it gets with more and more vitriol in it…

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

/slaps hand
Baad kitty.
Pls someone of you guys distract me from answering that idiot on the other thread so I don’t get banned. I keep writing and deleting my posts as it gets with more and more vitriol in it…

Go on Lepton and do it. Lol

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

I afforded you EU/NA transfers, until you then left me again, just a week after. ._.

more like 3-4 months >:

Time passes so fast with you. <3

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Supporting that mesmer is the trash skipping class because it can portal the whole group through a group of mobs whitout being noticed.
The thread OP was thinking it were cheats.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

It’s not on the official forums, but I once wrote an entire guide to playing a Cleric “Healer” Ele in dungeons…

Does that still count? I don’t even want to dig that up again, you’ll have to do with the scaled-down version: (Warning, what’s written below is so horrendously bad and stupid that you may attempt to remove your eyeballs from their sockets with the nearest, most conveniently sharp object. You have been warned.)

I run a similar build, all focused on Healing Power and Water element, however with some slight differences. Mine is a bit more defensive when it comes to Utility skills and it splits focus between buffing and healing, rather than focusing on either.

Signet of Restoration Instead of Glyph of Elemental Harmony – I’ve found that the Heal-on-cast HPS by far outclasses most other heals available to me (338 hp per cast). It’s also because of my runes being different, and I never activate it since just casting 10-11 spells outweighs the activated Heal (Which is ~3600 hp or so). And Since I can already use Geyser in a pinch, followed by blasts or dodge rolls, I’m not exactly starving for emergency heals anyway.

2 Superior runes of the Monk, 2 Superior runes of the Water and 2 Major runes of the Monk instead of 6 Superior runes of Dwayna Puts my Boon duration up to 70%, and since that also affects my teammates it means my Regen and Might buffs last much longer, therefor making for more of an impact (3 stacks of might for 30s per blast finisher in a firefield).

10 trait points into Earth instead of Air This is to get Armor of Earth on autoactivate, so I won’t have to put that into my Utility skill bar. The increased tougness in Earth also helps. I also don’t use Cantrips a lot, neither do I use Frost Bow outside of AC, so my Water traits are a bit different: Aquamancer’s Alacrity (Trust me, 4 seconds off of Geyser and 9 seconds off of Healing Rain is noticable) and Cleansing Wave (More condi. removal on attunement).

Burning Retreat should actually be your main fire field, rather than eruption. It lasts longer, so if you attune to earth while rolling you can actually manage to catch it with Eruption’s abyssmal cast time, meaning you can start the battle with several stacks of might for your party.
My Usual chain goes like this: Burning retreat > Attunement: Earth > Eruption > Dodge roll for Churning Earth > Arcane wave While rolling

That’s 9 stacks of Might for 30 seconds on the team, and I can stack another 4 when my Fire attunement comes off cooldown (Eruption + Lava Font). And in perfect conditions I can keep this chain going without ever touching Water, which I save for emergencies.

My Utility skills are also different, I use Arcane Wave, Arcane Shield and Glyph of Renewal, though I might pick up Mist form instead of Arcane Shield and I generally exchange Glyph of Renewal for whatever the situation calls for (Such as Ice bow) but I generally run with it as it has really helped me out a few times (Especially the multi-revival of Earth).

Overall, I’m in perfect agreement that Staff Elementalists should be more supportive, however after having tested other classes I can only sadly add that currently, they’re not the best at that either. In most instances, Guardian simply do a better job than they, and they come with heavy armor and won’t need to throw loads of HP into the pan to be good at it. They stack Might faster, remove Condis faster, heal the team for more and has greater access to defensive buffs. Sad but true.

Here’s a cavalcade of shame, travesty in its purest form. You’re welcome to laugh (I sure do nowadays.)

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’m not sure if this is supposed to make me feel bad or make me laugh. Either way, let’s see some of YOUR shameful posts, as I’ve already admitted I’m a scrub.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Are you Nike, or Dankies? I have a hard time telling who’s who. :o

Depends if it’s nike or dankies posting. It’s rarely both of us, and it’s never neither of us.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

@ Zelyhn: The last update messed up theorycrafting. Here are some of the problems I’ve run into:

Testing cast times: Can’t just use the ones on the Wiki. Some are wrong (eg. Wiki says a full War GS AA chain takes 2.4 secs. It actually takes 2.5 secs – the wiki didn’t account for the full aftercast. Recording yourself spamming GS AA chain as fast as possible 10x and dividing the total time by 10 yields exactly 2.5 secs). This means I need to test each individually. That’s fine, I’ve done most of them already. Not a big problem.

Testing coefficients: Once again, can’t just use the ones on the Wiki. I have to test them myself. No more dummies in LA, or anywhere else in PvE/WvW. This means I need to do them in HotM. Fine. But there aren’t any more steady weapons, so I have to do them all many times to get useable averages. Also fine, if annoying. But wtf are the wep strengths of weapons in PvP now? PvP uses normalized equipment attributes. Well, what are those attributes? The same wep strength range as rare weps? Exotic? Ascended? It doesn’t say. And it’s not like I can derive it from the coefficients, because I can’t trust the wiki coefficients either.

Testing LH dmg: In PvP, there is only a single wep strength (whatever that “normalized” attribute is). I can’t test how wep rarity/strength effects LH dmg post-patch, now that Player bundles (kits, conjured weapons, banners, etc.) will now scale damage based on the rarity of the player’s equipped weapon. Pre-patch, it was set at 969, according to the wiki (assuming that’s right – but why would it be?). Do I just assume that since normal ascended wep strength is approximately 5% higher than exotic, the post-patch wep strength of LH is approximately 1017.5? Perhaps LH dmg scales with rarity in a different way, but I can’t test it without PvE dummies.

If someone can tell me what the “normalized” wep strength range is for weps in PvP, I can do d/f. But I can’t do LH w/o dummies in PvE to test how LH dmg scales w/ rarity. Just assuming it scales up by approximately 5% w/o actually testing it doesn’t seem wise.

Anyone have an ETA on the re-introduction of test dummies in LA or steady weps?

(edited by Anierna.6918)

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

So I checked pages 46-50 of my post history and there’s like two sketchy things I wrote (can’t quote on phone) but my ancient history posts seem surprisingly clean, like I was already yelling at staff guards and PVT wearers by like, the second page lmao.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Challenge for you guys : find a non-troll post that would shame me

P.S : My healing ranger guide is a troll post

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

I just came here to brag ._.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Arah-lupicus-for-guardians/first#post1466212

My build should explain my knowledge at that time >_>

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

(edited by Sanderinoa.8065)

hendo.1940

snip

Please, I beg you, not turn this beatiful thread into a theorycrafting argument.

Anyway, just found this.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

hendo.1940

Challenge for you guys : find a non-troll post that would shame me

P.S : My healing ranger guide is a troll post

Frenchies don’t troll, so you just told us one.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Lilith Ajit.6173

snip

Please, I beg you, not turn this beatiful thread into a theorycrafting argument.

Anyway, just found this.

Thank you. He is correct. Theory crafting is for PM.

[ARES]

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

Theory crafting is for PM.

Theorycrafting isnt for anything until Anet restores the LA testing dummies, hopefully in the next LS update. Who’d have imagined I’d ever look forward to the next LS?

Edit: testing stuff at simin or mage crusher would take too long. I need my LA dummies back

Edit #2: copied to ele sub-forum due to public belief this doesnt belong here

(edited by Anierna.6918)

Posted by: Darox.8069

Darox.8069

Hey Anierna can you post this in the ele forum? I’m already in the process of finding some answers

deSade.9437

(Warning, what’s written below is so horrendously bad and stupid that you may attempt to remove your eyeballs from their sockets with the nearest, most conveniently sharp object. You have been warned.)

This part deserved a +1.
For the rest, well… /pat on head

I’m too scared to read my posts. I’m… really afraid.

hendo.1940

I’m so uninformed, gah.

Attachments:

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

#GW2ISNTWOWL2P

I feel like that should be considered 15 chars.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I remember posting a really angry post criticizing haviz for not appreciating the elementalist class. Boy, was I naive and uninformed at that time

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

I remember posting a really angry post criticizing haviz for not appreciating the elementalist class. Boy, was I naive and uninformed at that time

Every time I see something like this I wonder if I’m weird.

It’s like. I’m fanboying it up over something cool Miku or Goku did and no one knows what I’m talking about.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

oh, i remember one like this

I called haviz a wethospu fanboy, i dont remember why. Were arguing about something

EDIT; I remember now. They were arguing that dungeon selling was bad and needed to be fixed

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)

Posted by: Lucas.9157

Lucas.9157

Edit #2: copied to ele sub-forum due to public belief this doesnt belong here

Ani, keep calm and stay on topic!

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

This one is an oldie. CoE, featuring shatter build, greatsword, and bad tactics:

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

I feel like I dodged a bullet with all these posts because I started playing the game so late (last summer). The community, especially here and at guru, seems to have settled down by then on the correct points, so I was never misled by GS shatter specs or fun things like that.

Posted by: xallever.1874

xallever.1874

I feel like I dodged a bullet with all these posts because I started playing the game so late (last summer). The community, especially here and at guru, seems to have settled down by then on the correct points, so I was never misled by GS shatter specs or fun things like that.

Casual.

Haha

Posted by: Lucas.9157

Lucas.9157

GS shatter specs or fun things like that.

GS is actually good in duelist spec, where you tank several hits then strike the vulnerability.

deSade.9437

GS is actually good in duelist spec, where you tank several hits then strike the vulnerability.

Well, I can’t say this is off-topic, uhn.

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’m still unsure why every thread in this here forum has to turn into that. Lol

[ARES]

Posted by: Darox.8069

Darox.8069

When I first started playing I was in a guild with a bunch of hardcore gamer friends from the-mmo-which-shall-not-be-named. Many of us were playing ele. We leveled up with staff. Rapidly we started farming CoF. At this point we all had builds like 6/6/0/0/2 zerker. Everything was well in shiny new gw2. But at some point I told my friends that maybe we should try more arcana so that we would not suffer so much from swapping out of fire. Big debates began. I was promoting the use of arcane while they wanted to stick to max damage max risk. I told them this mmo is not trinity-like so we wouldn’t be the caster/damage-dealer, we would have to adapt for more utility and “internal trinity”. Finally I ended up convincing them to switch to 6 in arcane, mainly because EA was op.

And now I feel incredibly stupid looking back because my build is 6/6/0/0/2.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

snip

Lol you too? I had the scrubbiest of scrub eles but DAAAARNNN did I evasive arcana all the fields.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Well, I can’t say this is off-topic, uhn.

I was about to say…

Lilith Ajit.6173

snip

Lol you too? I had the scrubbiest of scrub eles but DAAAARNNN did I evasive arcana all the fields.

I used to think it was a bug when I earth evasived into my healing rain and got heals. Hahaha

[ARES]

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

Dragonbrand

(edited by Calvin.5380)

Lilith Ajit.6173

….Calvin might win. Hahaha that’s awesome.

[ARES]

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I was with War Machine in Kaineng at that time. Sweet sweet memory. I’m still fond of Jayne and her giant cookie jar. Tarnished Coast is a server with class. I participated in quite a lot of topics, speaking for WM against a lot of inflammatory posts. Thinking back, it was rather unnecessary

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: MeanPi.6025

MeanPi.6025

Yea, just now did this, required two edit posts, humiliating : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/trouble-with-auto-targetting/first#post4020884

Posted by: Calvin.5380

Calvin.5380

I was with War Machine in Kaineng at that time. Sweet sweet memory. I’m still fond of Jayne and her giant cookie jar. Tarnished Coast is a server with class. I participated in quite a lot of topics, speaking for WM against a lot of inflammatory posts. Thinking back, it was rather unnecessary

Yeah, those were the days… we used to be way too passionate about WvW. I used to look forward to going office, just so I could PvF fellow Maguuma forum warriors… lol. Sweet memories indeed.

Dragonbrand

Lilith Ajit.6173

God… Maguuma. I was so happy to be off that toxic server.

Yay Tarnished Coast! Happy all the time! Yay!

Attachments:

[ARES]

hendo.1940

I must say, I like that asura at least as much as your main.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Lilith Ajit.6173

That is my main. O.o

[ARES]

hendo.1940

So that is Jaya Voska? I though the pink one with the glasses was. O.o

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Jaya Voska ’ s looks change with the tide.

she is a fashionista, and changes her hair once a week and her dyes all the time.

Attachments:

[ARES]

hendo.1940

Do you have an unlimited hair style contract? I’m shocked.
Now I need to love one character of you with the passion of two.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Lilith Ajit.6173

I have unlimited money. Same thing, really.

Dawww.

[ARES]

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Jaya Voska ’ s looks change with the tide.

she is a fashionista, and changes her hair once a week and her dyes all the time.

Did you draw this yourself?

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!