Tournament of Dungeon Legends?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ariete The Phoenix.8276

Ariete The Phoenix.8276

Loser* english too hard.
If the devs could change some stuff I would like them to add for the last rounds… BUBBLE HEAD.
HERE COMES AGAIN BUBBLE HEAD LUPI!

Also known as Liahm Lee

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Loser* english too hard.
If the devs could change some stuff I would like them to add for the last rounds… BUBBLE HEAD.
HERE COMES AGAIN BUBBLE HEAD LUPI!

Just get the lab xD

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Ariete The Phoenix.8276

Lupi, not us… Lupi. That’s challenging, gl on the feedback/wall

Also known as Liahm Lee

Lilith Ajit.6173

I thought that the effect affects what you see, so everything around you looks bobble head.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Ariete The Phoenix.8276

Haven’t tried it yet, but if it does. It’s a most during the last runs.

Also known as Liahm Lee

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I think you guys should focus more on a tester match before going too big. Both rT and SC have a lot of members that could form a lot of teams. But there are always time and motivation issues. We actually had plans to do inhouse speed clear competitions like this every weekend but we struggled to get the numbers on the first week so it never caught on.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

It makes everything look bobblheaded.

Just a sip. → 1 minute.

Chug it! → 1 hour.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Lilith Ajit.6173

I think you guys should focus more on a tester match before going too big. Both rT and SC have a lot of members that could form a lot of teams. But there are always time and motivation issues. We actually had plans to do inhouse speed clear competitions like this every weekend but we struggled to get the numbers on the first week so it never caught on.

Okay. Then let’s get 2 teams (maybe one from NA and one from EU) to plan on this competition. Let’s also decide the rules and how it will be run. One path? More? Speed wins? Less death wins? Manufactured instabilities? Gear requirements? Volunteers to be our test match guinea pigs?

[ARES]

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Haven’t tried it yet, but if it does. It’s a most during the last runs.

can’t say for sure on lupi, but it did work on Boom boom and Wiggins in CP last night. I’d assume it’s for all models though.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

If you want to try smaller scale and need a forum or w/e, I don’t mind setting up gwscr to support it (DnT forum could probably also serve as a hub). I’d just give a few people mod, since I’m becoming more and more inactive

What about using 4 man teams instead of 5? Allows the use of the 5th slot for a referee/judge to make sure theres no funny business going on? Also makes things (slightly) more interesting, imo

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Make anything look like a bobblehead and I won’t even bother with this tournament, the bobbleheads are monumentally stupid.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Lilith Ajit.6173

Thanks Cookie! That would be great. I would just worry about the referee accidentally changing the game (accidental aggro or potential buffs)

[ARES]

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

If you want to try smaller scale and need a forum or w/e, I don’t mind setting up gwscr to support it (DnT forum could probably also serve as a hub). I’d just give a few people mod, since I’m becoming more and more inactive

What about using 4 man teams instead of 5? Allows the use of the 5th slot for a referee/judge to make sure theres no funny business going on? Also makes things (slightly) more interesting, imo

Rising Dusk was suggesting that same thing, I like the idea, but like Lilith said, it does bring in an element that could cause problems if they screwed up. But I think there would probably be plenty of good trustworthy players who could fill that role.

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

A dev in the dungeon forum! That’s amazing. Also I could stream if needed ^^

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

So let’s freaking plan this sucker!

Did you bribe devs with 5000$ worth of gems?

Dub | [rT]

Lilith Ajit.6173

So let’s freaking plan this sucker!

Did you bribe devs with 5000$ worth of gems?

I do. I pay at least one of their salaries.

That’s a bit of an overstatement but still I’m a red magnet.

Edit: according to RD on reddit, he got our dev involved. Yay RD!

[ARES]

(edited by Lilith Ajit.6173)

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I’d like to propose a plan for the tester tournament:

4 Teams will be invited to this tournament.

===In the first round, each team will rotate to face the others. Each pair will compete in a short dungeon path randomly picked from a pool of CoF, SE, TA and CM. For example:
Match 1:

• Team A -> Team B : TA Up
  • Team C -> Team D : TA Up
    Match 2:
  • Team A -> Team C : CM p3
  • Team B -> Team D : CM p3
    Match 3:
  • Team A -> Team D : SE p1
  • Team B -> Team C : SE p1
    Winning team receives 3 pt, losing team 0 pt, and 1pt for each if they manage to finish at the same time. Two teams with the highest score enter the final round.

===In the final round, both teams will compete in an Arah path. I prefer Arah because they have reasonable length (15-20 minutes) and has plenty of features that can be augmented as gambits. Based on Zelyhn’s idea, the gambits will be randomly drawn by both teams and announced before the match starts. Some gambit I could think of:
- Reflection Malfunction: no reflection is allowed.
- Champion Risen Slayer: you have to kill the champion risen before Lupi.
- Keen Eyes: no stealth is allowed.
- Bleeding Wounds: Lupi has to be killed with Bleeding condition active.
- No Men Left Behind: any defeated member put a 10 second-penalty to the team’s finishing time.
- Unholy Sanctuary: AoE skills are not allowed.

etc…

GW2SPCR restricted rule as discussed before.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Glad my PM conversation got Josh involved and reading! This is definitely something we want to pursue, and I’ll be happy to help organize it in any way that I can.

Also, Cookie, glad you also support the idea of a four person run I mentioned on the first page. I also think the four person run is good for spectating purposes, because then the spectator can be the streamer.

As for the site forum thing, I think GW2SCR is a better hub. The reason is that it is a neutral middle ground for people, much like how we use Mistpedia for the PvP tournaments.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Lilith Ajit.6173

Love the idea Iris.

I think we should go forward with that. Totally. Any 4 teams volunteering?

[ARES]

DigitalKirin.9714

Lilith, how about a numbered list of what you think should be discussed/done to get the first round off the ground. We can have people discuss each item, and when you feel like an item is “locked in” you can edit the OP to show what the plan is for the tournament.

Iono, just a thought.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith, how about a numbered list of what you think should be discussed/done to get the first round off the ground. We can have people discuss each item, and when you feel like an item is “locked in” you can edit the OP to show what the plan is for the tournament.

Iono, just a thought.

I can definitely do it. Just gotta see if everyone’s okay with me holding such powa.

I personally love Iris’ s idea but if more people think the 4 person thing with a spectator is better, we can try to form something around that for the initial team.

PS. Driving home from work now so afk

[ARES]

DigitalKirin.9714

My thought is that it should be kept to 5 person teams. Since streams like twitch can be embedded, you ideally should be able to make a web page with 2 streams side by side. (I’m not sure how smoothly that implementation would go, but it ought to be feasible.)

Rising Dusk.2408

For the record, I think a standard single elimination bracket is better suited for this type of tournament. Swiss style is a bit trickier, and I think a little harder for viewers to follow. Doing a four-team invitational with single elimination would be simple and easy, especially for a test go.

My thought is that it should be kept to 5 person teams. Since streams like twitch can be embedded, you ideally should be able to make a web page with 2 streams side by side. (I’m not sure how smoothly that implementation would go, but it ought to be feasible.)

The bigger challenge with a five man team is that it puts streaming requirements on the participating teams. This sounds nice with top guilds who stream regularly anyway, but it limits future participation and ultimately hurts the idea of this becoming an actual tournament.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Lilith Ajit.6173

For the record, I think a standard single elimination bracket is better suited for this type of tournament. Swiss style is a bit trickier, and I think a little harder for viewers to follow. Doing a four-team invitational with single elimination would be simple and easy, especially for a test go.

The bigger challenge with a five man team is that it puts streaming requirements on the participating teams. This sounds nice with top guilds who stream regularly anyway, but it limits future participation and ultimately hurts the idea of this becoming an actual tournament.

That’s fair. I guess I’m just wondering what to do if the spectator screws up. How does he stay alive, watching everyone, without adding to the fight or becoming his own instability?

Ps. Wow I care too much. LILITHHHHH freaking go home.

[ARES]

Posted by: RagingDragon.9475

RagingDragon.9475

This is an awesome Idea. We actually already do something similar every couple of months in ARES, that we call the KoA Games. We run Dungeons, then a PvP Round Robin, and finish with a Jumping Puzzle. Points are awarded to the teams based on their finishing times, or placement in the Round Robin.

Some of the Dungeon Rules we use:

- Groups must consist of 2 Veterans, and 3 Newer Players
- All Bosses must be killed (AC Troll an exception, as its Random)
- Dungeons & Paths are assigned at random on day of the Tourney
- Players must use the same character for entire Tournament
- Max of 2 for each profession, per team

We usually have one of the Veteran players streaming so others who are not participating can watch. And it is always a ton of fun! Looking forward to seeing how this turns out! Let me know if whoever is running this, needs any help.

Commander Kane Ragingdragon
Knights of Ares [ARES] - Apply Now

(edited by RagingDragon.9475)

Rising Dusk.2408

That’s fair. I guess I’m just wondering what to do if the spectator screws up. How does he stay alive, watching everyone, without adding to the fight or becoming his own instability?

My thought is that for trash, he stays far enough back and out of the way to not help in any manner. For bosses, he engages first and dies, then allows the boss to reset, and then the players can participate. Problem then becomes that you have to watch players through the veil of a corpse… It’s really ugly. It’d be nice to have the streamer be alive the whole time, but that just isn’t possible for a majority of the bosses.

Ugh, but thinking about it, the streamer not being in the middle of every fight would make for a pretty hideous viewer experience. I mean because then the viewers never get an up-close viewing of the combat. There are pros and cons to each. Maybe we should just have the streamer be a player.

That said, I also think ANet would support 5-man more than 4-man because it’s how the content was designed.

Posted by: tidus.5983

tidus.5983

My thought is that for trash, he stays far enough back and out of the way to not help in any manner. For bosses, he engages first and dies, then allows the boss to reset, and then the players can participate. Problem then becomes that you have to watch players through the veil of a corpse… It’s really ugly. It’d be nice to have the streamer be alive the whole time, but that just isn’t possible for a majority of the bosses.

Ugh, but thinking about it, the streamer not being in the middle of every fight would make for a pretty hideous viewer experience. I mean because then the viewers never get an up-close viewing of the combat. There are pros and cons to each. Maybe we should just have the streamer be a player.

That said, I also think ANet would support 5-man more than 4-man because it’s how the content was designed.

Arenanet could hand out a special consumable that would make the spectator cloaked for a few hours, makes all skills empty and makes him invincible. This way he cannot interfere with the dungeon and cannot die. Functionality is already in the game, should be quick to make something like this for them.

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

thoughts and the like before i head into work.

Super excited about the idea. I really do think it would be a lot of fun. I would strongly suggest Having a handful or couple of people that are the “ones in charge” so that all of the information and suggestions have a direction and ultimately a level head about what can or should be implemented

Keep the format simple. such as a bracketed double elim. or something along those lines. it will save you as organizers a metric ton of headache and also it will be easier for the teams to understand too.

Unless Arena Net can program some kind of spectator mode on short notice. I would plus one a hub of some sort. even if its a brand new website. either decide on a preferred streaming program, (twitch) or whatever and make it up to the teams to get it. call it cost of entry if you will. If the website set up can support more than one program at a time even better.

Choose paths that do not have an in path time gate if at all possible. or at least a very minimal one. Aether path is VERY time gated. by cutscenes etc. i strongly suggest leaving that path out of the runs. Ac path 3 essence collection is also time gated but to a lesser extent, and could be added to the rotation if you felt it needed.

There should be gambits in this. as where as that is what will ultimately make it challenging in some regards. But keep them reasonable. these should be challenging. not tedious. Example of challenging. would be " CM, no thief allowed" tedious would be “CM, no stealth allowed”.. regardless, use caution when you make the final list. and once you have them clearly define what they are.

Have the two teams load in and be live. and THEN announce the gambit. and they should apply to both teams for that single path. Keep the competition between those two teams and that run alone. Just because team X and Y did this path in 10 min it should have no bearing on team A and B and the gambit making it amount to a 12 min run. Each run is on its own and each bracket and advancement is on its own.

random thoughts are random, now… i need to go to work.

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

Have the Spectator be a Warrior, without weapons equipped, decked out in something like Shaman/Sentinel/Cleric gear with Healing Signet, Loads of Stances and specced for maximal survival? In that case, he can just stand around during fights, even if he gets attacked he’ll just absorb it all.

Point is, if the Spectator is the same Class with the same Gear and without any weapon, then all teams have the same conditions for clearing the dungeon. Heck, you could even ask people to Act just as Spectators, whose sole purpose is to follow the Team and stream videos, that way every team that runs the dungeon will have the same guy as a ref, plus that every team who participates would be gauranteed to have someone able to Feed their run.

There are downsides of course, not having 5 people as it was meant to be and the fact that the Ref Of course Cannot be part of any of the teams or even Guilds that compete, for the sake of fairness.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Guilds could nominate 1-2 members to ref, and they would be in charge of ref’ing a different guilds team. Any funny business from x guilds referees would/could result in DQ of the guild in question?

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Great idea, once we see the team compositions (class stacking) it will finally highlight how broken the current PvE meta is.

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

I guess we should have qualifiers too though. So we could have 3 rT teams, 2 DnT, an SC, another dungeon guild team, and an underdog team (like team RP) and have them do it as a match. It would be fun !

I don’t see what the point of this entire thing if you are just going to limit it to multiple teams from the top speed-running guilds. You’re automatically excluding a lot of really solid players and guilds just because they don’t hold records or post a lot of youtube videos. A qualifier should be exactly that – any team can participate and if they qualify they get to compete. What you are describing is an invite-only exclusive competition.

Also, it should be one team per guild….. they pick their best 5.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Guilds could nominate 1-2 members to ref, and they would be in charge of rekitten a different guilds team. Any funny business from x guilds referees would/could result in DQ of the guild in question?

What about having a dev volunteer to be a ref? I would think that they would be more unbiased and fair than any guild rep. Also they would have access to various tools to ensure fair play that we know nothing about…

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Lilith Ajit.6173

I guess we should have qualifiers too though. So we could have 3 rT teams, 2 DnT, an SC, another dungeon guild team, and an underdog team (like team RP) and have them do it as a match. It would be fun !

I don’t see what the point of this entire thing if you are just going to limit it to multiple teams from the top speed-running guilds. You’re automatically excluding a lot of really solid players and guilds just because they don’t hold records or post a lot of youtube videos. A qualifier should be exactly that – any team can participate and if they qualify they get to compete. What you are describing is an invite-only exclusive competition.

That was not the point of that post which was like 100 posts back. Please use context.

I don’t care who is in the qualifiers. Back there we were talking about an initial event to get the idea started, where the participants would most likely be apart of the community here.

[ARES]

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Guilds could nominate 1-2 members to ref, and they would be in charge of rekitten a different guilds team. Any funny business from x guilds referees would/could result in DQ of the guild in question?

What about having a dev volunteer to be a ref? I would think that they would be more unbiased and fair than any guild rep. Also they would have access to various tools to ensure fair play that we know nothing about…

I’m mostly making suggestions on the assumption that anet support is limited. They can only do so much, provided they choose to help at all. For example, how many teams are we talking about? If theres near 100 teams, do you think its viable for ANet for field 100 people? Probably not

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

My thoughts:

For the tournament, we should use poules like Iris suggested, where each team faces off against a different team and gets points for victory/loss/draw (permadeath, whoever has most people alive wins, if equal amount of players alive fastest time wins, fullwipe = disqualified). Paths that are run should be chosen randomly and there should be 1 or 2 restrictions posed by the organisation (we have to find some neutral people for this ) after which the teams get 10 minutes to prepare themselves (set up classes, traits, gear etc.) before the run starts.

On streaming, it would be handy if we could get some no aggro + invincibility consumable from Anet just for this tournament but otherwise there might be 2 people who can stream and are neutral in the competition who join a team each and will try their best to play with the team they are streaming for. Having someone run into each boss and die to observe is really out of the question since it would heavily influence time needed to complete the dungeon. Having a “tanky” streamer would also heavily influence the outcome of the fight since they might draw aggro away from the 4 competing players and they can just max dps the boss without danger.

Nova [rT]

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

First of all, a PvE spectator mode has to be added, that is only available to

• People who are invited to a spectator slot
  • Dead party members – without removing the corpse from its location.

Unavailable to outsiders.

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

That was not the point of that post which was like 100 posts back. Please use context.

I don’t care who is in the qualifiers. Back there we were talking about an initial event to get the idea started, where the participants would most likely be apart of the community here.

So because I’m just now reading the thread, I shouldn’t respond to posts unless they are on the most recent page of the thread or something? It’s not like I just read your comment and ignored the ones prior to it….

I realize that you were essentially planning on what is essentially a beta run of the entire idea, which makes perfect sense. Sorry if your use of ‘qualifier’ threw me off. Even the dev called it an ‘invitational’, which is what it started to sound like, rather than an open competition where anyone could sign up and compete.

You always seem like such a nice person, then someone adds a comment and you leave a snarky reply.

Anyways, good luck with your event!

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

I like the idea of Aetherpath without respawn. Balancing survival and effective dps is a true challenge.
At all other dungeons a dodge is sufficient defence, you can go for full dps, therefore i don’t see any challange in speedrunning dungeons. Winning/Losing by a second won’t make anyone legendary.

Lilith Ajit.6173

So because I’m just now reading the thread, I shouldn’t respond to posts unless they are on the most recent page of the thread or something? It’s not like I just read your comment and ignored the ones prior to it….

I realize that you were essentially planning on what is essentially a beta run of the entire idea, which makes perfect sense. Sorry if your use of ‘qualifier’ threw me off. Even the dev called it an ‘invitational’, which is what it started to sound like, rather than an open competition where anyone could sign up and compete.

You always seem like such a nice person, then someone adds a comment and you leave a snarky reply.

Anyways, good luck with your event!

I don’t like it when people accuse me of meaning something I didn’t at all without even reading forward.

Plus it’s shark week give me a kittying break.

[ARES]

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I’m mostly making suggestions on the assumption that anet support is limited. They can only do so much, provided they choose to help at all. For example, how many teams are we talking about? If theres near 100 teams, do you think its viable for ANet for field 100 people? Probably not

I understand and agree that a third party ref would need to be involved somehow. I was suggesting a dev as I am sure there are ways for devs to monitor player activities in-game without the need of an avatar, and it doesn’t need to be a large team of people to do it. I don’t know though. However, expanding on guild presented refs, I would suggest guild leaders of non participating guilds, with no members of said guild a member of a competing guild. Example: Guild ABC decideds not to compete, and Guild ABC has 25 members. But ABC has 2 members of Guild XYZ that IS competing, so that would DQ guild ABC from being an unbiased ref. Something along those lines might work.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

DigitalKirin.9714

One of the reasons I disagree with having a “ref” that occupies a player slot is because no matter how you slice it, there’s the danger of that “ref” affecting the run, even if they never enter combat.

Consider this. You’re doing a trash skip, but the “ref” draws aggro on half the pack of mobs. They end up drawing mobs out of position, making the skip easier for that group compared to the competing team where the “ref” was 20-30 steps behind and walks through the team’s backaggro.

The problem is that small variances can become debatable and some people will feel that they got robbed because the ref got in the way.

Just my thought.

Posted by: Darox.8069

Darox.8069

Am I the only one who did not shake from seeing a post by Josh Davis in this thread? They never cared about us before, they still don’t.

I will devote my resources to make a great PvE tournament, but it won’t be thanks to Anet in any way. I will do this for the community, because the community deserves it.

The devs’ check is heavy loaded, a single post does nothing to unburden their responsibility in gw2’s PvE demise.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Am I the only one who did not shake from seeing a post by Josh Davis in this thread? They never cared about us before, they still don’t.

I will devote my resources to make a great PvE tournament, but it won’t be thanks to Anet in any way. I will do this for the community, because the community deserves it.

The devs’ check is heavy loaded, a single post does nothing to unburden their responsibility in gw2’s PvE demise.

I’ll be honest Zel, I love your posting… but this one made me very sad.

All of us here will devote our time, gold, and other resources to make a successful tournament that has the potential to attract people to the dungeons and the idea of doing them amazingly. The community deserves so much (which is why I do so many contests, giveaways, and spend so much time here). Should we have more developer interaction? Absolutely. Does one post solve the problem? No sir. But without anet we wouldn’t have the game with which to do these things. We wouldn’t have the game to devote time, love, tears, and resources.

I think dungeons are becoming more important to them judging on the latest patch note inclusions (and exclusions). It may never be their focus. But I do not think what you say is all that fair.

Again. This isn’t against you. I know you’ve been hurt by them over and over especially on these forums. But there’s a time to give a little cautious head nod of approval. We are moving in a direction. It’s movement, it’s something, let’s see where it leads us.

[ARES]

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Gambit ideas:

Passive Aggressive: all players must have at least one signet equipped (will need exception for engie, warrior’s healing signet doesn’t count)
Untouchable: one random class can not be run (eg no thief)
Separation of classes: party must contain 5 different classes
Laugh in the face of danger: all players must perform one emote during final boss fight
Good luck with that!: one player to leave dungeon before final boss (I’d prefer substituted with a pug, but that’s too easy to exploit)

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Oh, you’re not the only one. I couldn’t care less in 200 devs posted all of a sudden, because what they say is void of any meaning and just some PRish thing to encourage us in entertaining ourselves. “Good job, keep at it, we’re watching! /pat”.
It was too little, too late. Seeing people that get excited over the first dev post in.. what.. a year? is kind of a pitiful thing to watch. I don’t care about devs, I don’t want their approval, I don’t want anything from them but to do their job and, if possible, add more content that is meaningful to me and people like me – so stop with the quaggan backpieces. That is all. I don’t care about pats on the head, I’m not a dog.
This kind of thing is meaningless if not backed up by facts.

No, not even, you know what? After 2 years of their “silent” treatment, I don’t care anymore. I wouldn’t believe in their good intentions even if they spoke to me in person. We’re still the trashcan.
Never forget. v v v

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Oh, you’re not the only one. I couldn’t care less in 200 devs posted all of a sudden, because what they say is void of any meaning and just some PRish thing to encourage us in entertaining ourselves. “Good job, keep at it, we’re watching! /pat”.
It was too little, too late. Seeing people that get excited over the first dev post in.. what.. a year? is kind of a pitiful thing to watch. I don’t care about devs, I don’t want their approval, I don’t want anything from them but to do their job and, if possible, add more content that is meaningful to me and people like me – so stop with the quaggan backpieces. That is all. I don’t care about pats on the head, I’m not a dog.

No, not even, you know what? After 2 years of their “silent” treatment, I don’t care anymore. I wouldn’t believe in their good intentions even if they spoke to me in person. We’re still the trashcan.
Never forget. v v v

Not to mention the fact that Grouch isn’t a part of the games development as suggested by his title. I’d be much more exited if the first response actually came from someone who is part of the content creation itself instead of some random spokesperson.

Posted by: Lucas.9157

Lucas.9157

I know you’ve been hurt by them over and over especially on these forums. But there’s a time to give a little cautious head nod of approval. We are moving in a direction. It’s movement, it’s something, let’s see where it leads us.

Beautiful. My thoughts exactly when I saw the red post. Sorry deSade (hug )

Lilith Ajit.6173

Never forget. v v v

Not to mention the fact that Grouch isn’t a part of the games development as suggested by his title. I’d be much more exited if the first response actually came from someone who is part of the content creation itself instead of some random spokesperson.

This thread is NOT about dungeon development. The exact right dev commented on the thread. No one who was excited about this said, “omg! We are getting new dungeons and kittens and ponies and yayyyyy!”

Most of the responses, even from Gabe ( ) have made me sadder than normal. Maybe you guys can’t trust them. I don’t either. But to entirely be broken and uncaring and even angry about something that is probably the most positive action in this graveyard forum since Hrouda, (yes I know that is sad too), oh how far we have fallen.

#Way2UpsetLilith
#FashionSad
#WhyCantWeAllJustHopeALittle

[ARES]

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

If I had to pick a “tournament format” here is what I would do.

7 dungeons = 128 teams (multiple guilds can enter multiple teams). Teams are seeded 1-128.

Rules: Defeated = no waypoint, you’re done. You can be hard-ressed if someone wants to take the time to do it. Time wipe = GG no RE, you’re done tournament over. If you opposition wipes in p2 and you wipe in p3, you win since you progressed further. Restricted rules, timer starts when the first person moves in p1. Timer ends when the XP pop for the last boss in the final path of the dungeon dies. Restricted rules for consumables, exploits etc. Once person from each team must live stream, if only one person streams and the stream dies, counts as a party wipe. If both teams finish without wiping, lowest timer wins and advances to the next round

Round of 128 – AC
Round of 64 – CM
Round of 32 – TA (no atherpath)
Sweet 16 – SE
Elite 8 – CoF
Final 4 – CoE
Finals – Arah

Last rule, paths must be done in sequential order, i.e. p1 must be done first, p4 last.

I imagine doing this over two weekends would be good since that is a lot of paths to run in one day.

simple, effective… good option for a first time?

how could we “monitor” short of having 64 ref’s for the first round?