A Legendary Journey - Precursor mastery!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

Even if that was true (and I’m very skeptical about that), I honestly don’t see the problem. What part of “Anet is a business, not a charity” do you not understand? You can’t honestly expect Anet to keep handing out new content and features for free forever.

They are not handing content for free forever. Character customization is a huge aspect of the game, and see the post above yours – a lot of weapon skins have been released and made available only through the scam-like lottery system, or by buying from those who have used the lottery system. It’s interesting, to say the least, that ArenaNet would say “Sorry, but we can’t release all legendaries at once” at the same time they say “here’s our monthly release of 19 weapon skins in the Gem Store!”.

So because they also release content that isn’t free, they’re not handing out content for free? That doesn’t make any sense.

It does. Your point was that ArenaNet can’t only release content for free.

No it doesn’t. And I never actually said that. Please read my post again.

The fact they have decided to sell the kind of content that used to be for free while still selling the same content they used to sell is not a matter of ArenaNet needing to make a profit, it feels more like they are desperate to make money right now.

I asked it before and I’ll ask it again: What part of “Anet is a company, not a charity” do you not understand?

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

You did.

You can’t honestly expect Anet to keep handing out new content and features for free forever.

They weren’t “handing out new content and features for free forever” before the release of HoT. They were already selling content before. They used to sell a lot of stuff under the excuse that, since we got the Living World for free, they had to charge us for something.

What’s the excuse now?

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

A Legendary Journey….

THAT’s WHAT I WANTED TO SEE ANET!!!

Now, I only hope that profession specializations isn’t just an instant unlock and requires actually doing stuff like this will.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Kudos to ArenaNet for the new Precursor mastery system!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-legendary-journey/

This announcement is composed of massive amounts of highly compressed WIN.

Its so dense with WIN it’s almost a wingularity .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Say for example I want Bolt and never was lucky enough to receive the precursor, so I wish to craft it. But in order to craft it I need 10,000 Geodes. Can you imagine having to grind a player dead zone for months just because that’s the only area that exists to obtain the required Geodes?

Where are you getting such information from? I didn’t see anything in the news post that stated exactly what was involved with getting a particular precursor or how many mats or items would be required.

Typical forums:

Players: For years we have had to deal with too much RNG or grinding gold to get a precursor. We demand a way to get a guaranteed one in game!

Anet: Hey guys we are implementing a way to get a guaranteed precursor. We have not shared all the details of what is required yet but it will involve doing things in game to get it.

Players: What!?! That’s grind. You mean we have to play the game to get a guaranteed precursor. Grind! Grind! Grind!

The Burninator

LucosTheDutch.4819

You did.

I didn’t.

You can’t honestly expect Anet to keep handing out new content and features for free forever.

They weren’t “handing out new content and features for free forever” before the release of HoT.

O really?

LS1 wasn’t free?
LS2 wasn’t free?
Fractals weren’t free?
Tequatl update wasn’t free?
Dry Top wasn’t free?
The Silver Wastes wasn’t free?

How about the festivals? Weren’t they free? Festival of the Four Winds? Blood and Madness? Wintersday? Lunar Newyear? Weren’t those all for free?

Edit: Oh and lets not forget the feature packs. They were free too.

Edit2: And lets not forget the fact that you can trade gold for gems to get all the gemstore items. So yes, everything in GW2 is free and nothing has to be paid for beyond the 40 bucks of the initial game purchase.

They were already selling content before. They used to sell a lot of stuff under the excuse that, since we got the Living World for free, they had to charge us for something.

What’s the excuse now?

Anet doesn’t need an excuse to sell us some vanity items and a few quality-of-life items. And that’s honestly all they have been selling so far. The free content we got severely outweighs the paid content we got.

And still a lot of people weren’t satisfied with the free stuff we got. And that’s fine. I understand that. I’m not a big fan of the Living Story myself. That’s why I’m happy we’re getting an xpac. A lot of people wanted this. Releasing contend bundled in a paid xpac instead of drip-feeding it through a free Living Story system has so many benefits for all of us. Anet can take the time they need to create something big and actually polish it before they push it out the door and because it paid they won’t be on such a tight budget meaning we can expect deeper and higher-quality content with cool features that they couldn’t seriously work on before because of budget constrains.

The fact we’re getting a paid Xpac is a good thing. It will keep this game alive a little longer.

(edited by LucosTheDutch.4819)

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

Say for example I want Bolt and never was lucky enough to receive the precursor, so I wish to craft it. But in order to craft it I need 10,000 Geodes. Can you imagine having to grind a player dead zone for months just because that’s the only area that exists to obtain the required Geodes?

Where are you getting such information from? I didn’t see anything in the news post that stated exactly what was involved with getting a particular precursor or how many mats or items would be required.

You are right, I apologize, I was reading the Map Bonuses part and thought they were still talking about the legendary.

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

From the picture of the collection, this looks like it will be amazing. Doesnt seem like it will be a boring grind for trinkets and stuff, but rather doing interesting things all around the world. Honestly i was planning on just grinding gold to get my first legendary before HoT came out because it really isnt that hard, but i might just wait because this seems like a really fun and immersive experience.

Dancing for queen Jenah! cant wait to see what the other collections require.

Posted by: kny.3789

kny.3789

so are the crafted precursors account bound or no?

JustTrogdor.7892

You are right, I apologize, I was reading the Map Bonuses part and thought they were still talking about the legendary.

The map bonuses looks like another way to get the other T6 mats you need for a legendary aside from the precursor. It seems like another nice bonus to expedite the legendary crafting process.

The Burninator

Nike.2631

I suggest reading the article.

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

New precursors from the new legendary weapon sets that comes out when HoT comes out, are nontradeable aka account bound and so are the finished legendary weapon itself. For short, people cant buy this NEW legendary weapons from the TP or some stupid third party website.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Can’t wait for Map Bonuses….Finally a direct method of gathering what we want instead of having to resort to using the trading post. Burn Evon BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

What I find interesting is the last part of the article:

• I know you’re all dying for more information on new legendary weapons, but we’d like to delve into them more with a dedicated blog post in the future. For now, I’ll say that we’ve been working kitten new legendary weapons, the first handful of which will be introduced in Heart of Thorns, with more to come in subsequent updates. The methods by which you’ll craft these legendary weapons are similar to the existing system, but we’ve refined it into more of a journey, similar to precursor crafting. We also want to better preserve the prestige associated with crafting a legendary weapon, so the new legendary weapons, and their precursors, will not be tradable. Keep an eye out—we can’t wait to start showing them off when they’re ready!

The selling of Legendary weapons and Precursors has made a market out of spectators and horders who buy at a marginally lower price to then flip it up and repost at a significantly higher price. And worse is that these same people would take their high profits, buy (or Mystic Toilet) a new Precursor, buy up all the materials, craft another Legendary, and flip it for a double-down profit yet again against the initial investment. In the meantime, the price of Legendaries is skyrocketing, same goes for the Precursors, and also -worse yet- the price of top tier crafting materials.

What I see happening is that sure, some will start crafting the old [current] Precursors/Legendaries via the Mastery system. But what I really see happening is that vets will craft the select NEW Legendary that they want, then…that’s it. Selling off most of the materials that they don’t want or need, possibly flooding the market with them as well.
~The market will already be severely overloaded with Exotics and Rares that are no longer needing to be dumped into the Mystic Toilet. …..but that leaves another issue entirely with this system:

• Where is the gold sink going to go?

For those unfamiliar with the current system attempts to get a Precursor, players take 4 Rare/Exotic items and dump them into the Mystic Forge in hopes of getting one of these ultra rare items. They get these things through a number of resources including chests, crafting, and purchased through the BLTC. With 1,000 items to start, a player ends up with 250 items through first round attempts. 64 items remain after rolling through the second wave of attempts. Third wave leaves only 16 left. 4 more at the fourth wave. And finally a single item remains. So after 332 attempted -yet failed- tries to get a Precursor from the Mystic Forge, only 1 item remains. That just eliminated 999 items from the system. Where ever they came from is moot because their potential to become salvaged materials and/or the materials used to craft them are gone. Poof!, all gone! No more.

That system worked great as a way of preventing market bloat, or at least slowing it down (although I think it worked “too good” as far as the top-tier crafting materials that are required to make the Rare/Exotics, which in turn are also used to make the Legendary weapons that are being sough after, a doubly painful infliction on market progress towards same goals). Point being that with the new system having players going through these Mastery Quests, there will lesser and lesser amounts of attempting the old method. The gold sink will itself sink, into obscurity. So to my question mentioned above, what kind of system will be in place as a sort of “check” that gets rid of so much of the bloat items at the level cap?

LucosTheDutch.4819

They said they’ve announced all the major features in the game when directly asked about whether dungeons will be making an appearance. It really seems like they won’t be.

There were some other comments here about bundling already designed content together and calling it an expansion – that this was being done as an afterthought.

It certainly makes sense. The new PvP mode has been in the works for years, the new fractal content was likely somewhat designed by the time Fractured! came out, the new story instances were probably being worked on as part of LWS3, Guild Halls have been asked for since the game released.

I’m being cynical here, yes. But it really seems like they saw a drop in gem store sales and decided to quickly throw together all that content and call it an expansion. The stuff that isn’t done they’re just saving for “later.”

Seems like goal posts are being moved.

Even if that was true (and I’m very skeptical about that), I honestly don’t see the problem. What part of “Anet is a business, not a charity” do you not understand? You can’t honestly expect Anet to keep handing out new content and features for free forever.

I’m probably one of the most pro-profit, pro-selfishness people you will ever meet. I am well aware companies need to make money and I hope that good companies will make lots and lots and lots of it.

Fair enough.

As for new dungeons: There is still hope. Here is why:

1) They said they announced all the major new features of HoT. New dungeons con’t fall under “new feature” as we already have dungeons.

2) They might drip-feed us dungeons after HoT. Blizzard is doing the same thing right now with raids in WoW. Their latest xpac Warlords of Draenor didn’t have any raids but they’re slowly adding them now. Maybe Anet will do the same.

Maybe I’m grasping at straws here but one can hope right?

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

I eagerly await all the gritty details. The overall setup looks excellent. Big plus on the map bonuses.

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

Anyone know if previously unlocked items such as the Amberite insects will automatically unlocked or will we have to do all the collections again.

Pretty much things that we have already unlock will they carry over?

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Anyone know if previously unlocked items such as the Amberite insects will automatically unlocked or will we have to do all the collections again.

Pretty much things that we have already unlock will they carry over?

Pretty sure it will be retrospective. Somewhat like the when the wardrobe first appeared.

Nike.2631

We don’t KNOW, but as a matter of principle they’ve been good about making anything the game already tracks count towards future requirements.

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

I am just wondering will the new precursors be craft only? or will we be able to pick them up account bound as well from random chests and mobs? I would like to get lucky sometime and randomly get one that would be nice

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

What I find interesting is the last part of the article:

• I know you’re all dying for more information on new legendary weapons, but we’d like to delve into them more with a dedicated blog post in the future. For now, I’ll say that we’ve been working kitten new legendary weapons, the first handful of which will be introduced in Heart of Thorns, with more to come in subsequent updates. The methods by which you’ll craft these legendary weapons are similar to the existing system, but we’ve refined it into more of a journey, similar to precursor crafting. We also want to better preserve the prestige associated with crafting a legendary weapon, so the new legendary weapons, and their precursors, will not be tradable. Keep an eye out—we can’t wait to start showing them off when they’re ready!

The selling of Legendary weapons and Precursors has made a market out of spectators and horders who buy at a marginally lower price to then flip it up and repost at a significantly higher price. And worse is that these same people would take their high profits, buy (or Mystic Toilet) a new Precursor, buy up all the materials, craft another Legendary, and flip it for a double-down profit yet again against the initial investment. In the meantime, the price of Legendaries is skyrocketing, same goes for the Precursors, and also -worse yet- the price of top tier crafting materials.

What I see happening is that sure, some will start crafting the old [current] Precursors/Legendaries via the Mastery system. But what I really see happening is that vets will craft the select NEW Legendary that they want, then…that’s it. Selling off most of the materials that they don’t want or need, possibly flooding the market with them as well.
~The market will already be severely overloaded with Exotics and Rares that are no longer needing to be dumped into the Mystic Toilet. …..but that leaves another issue entirely with this system:

• Where is the gold sink going to go?

For those unfamiliar with the current system attempts to get a Precursor, players take 4 Rare/Exotic items and dump them into the Mystic Forge in hopes of getting one of these ultra rare items. They get these things through a number of resources including chests, crafting, and purchased through the BLTC. With 1,000 items to start, a player ends up with 250 items through first round attempts. 64 items remain after rolling through the second wave of attempts. Third wave leaves only 16 left. 4 more at the fourth wave. And finally a single item remains. So after 332 attempted -yet failed- tries to get a Precursor from the Mystic Forge, only 1 item remains. That just eliminated 999 items from the system. Where ever they came from is moot because their potential to become salvaged materials and/or the materials used to craft them are gone. Poof!, all gone! No more.

That system worked great as a way of preventing market bloat, or at least slowing it down (although I think it worked “too good” as far as the top-tier crafting materials that are required to make the Rare/Exotics, which in turn are also used to make the Legendary weapons that are being sough after, a doubly painful infliction on market progress towards same goals). Point being that with the new system having players going through these Mastery Quests, there will lesser and lesser amounts of attempting the old method. The gold sink will itself sink, into obscurity. So to my question mentioned above, what kind of system will be in place as a sort of “check” that gets rid of so much of the bloat items at the level cap?

A lot of those items come from grinding to get them in the first place. Players won’t be grinding out the same content over and over to get those items anymore because there will be a set path for getting Legendary items so the tide will be stemmed on its own. There won’t be a need to pump items onto the TP, into the toilet, etc.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

A legendary journey that not everyone can go on since you are only releasing a handful of legendarys at release, you gotta be kidding me if you think that is a good idea…. I have been waiting to make a REAL shortbow for years and years, not that joke of a dreamer, and I bet I will have to wait even longer after HOT release for when you get around to releasing it, I’m not happy right now with this news.

LucosTheDutch.4819

A legendary journey that not everyone can go on since you are only releasing a handful of legendarys at release, you gotta be kidding me if you think that is a good idea…. I have been waiting to make a REAL shortbow for years and years, not that joke of a dreamer, and I bet I will have to wait even longer after HOT release for when you get around to releasing it, I’m not happy right now with this news.

Lets wait for more details before we start raging. It could be that they plan on releasing multiple legendaries for each weapon type and the first “handful” will be 1 of each weapon type.

JustTrogdor.7892

Way to jump to conclusions that the next set of legendaries won’t include a short bow since they have yet to release what new legendaries will be made available. Calm down or just keep raging on based on lack of information. I don’t care. I’m used to posts like this these days.

Attachments:

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Shame you won’t be able to buy the new precursors… Legendary journey sounds like it will be a horrible grind.

Posted by: Zergs.9715

Zergs.9715

They said they’ve announced all the major features in the game when directly asked about whether dungeons will be making an appearance. It really seems like they won’t be.

There were some other comments here about bundling already designed content together and calling it an expansion – that this was being done as an afterthought.

It certainly makes sense. The new PvP mode has been in the works for years, the new fractal content was likely somewhat designed by the time Fractured! came out, the new story instances were probably being worked on as part of LWS3, Guild Halls have been asked for since the game released.

I’m being cynical here, yes. But it really seems like they saw a drop in gem store sales and decided to quickly throw together all that content and call it an expansion. The stuff that isn’t done they’re just saving for “later.”

Seems like goal posts are being moved.

I’m probably one of the most pro-profit, pro-selfishness people you will ever meet. I am well aware companies need to make money and I hope that good companies will make lots and lots and lots of it.

Fair enough.

As for new dungeons: There is still hope. Here is why:

1) They said they announced all the major new features of HoT. New dungeons con’t fall under “new feature” as we already have dungeons.

2) They might drip-feed us dungeons after HoT. Blizzard is doing the same thing right now with raids in WoW. Their latest xpac Warlords of Draenor didn’t have any raids but they’re slowly adding them now. Maybe Anet will do the same.

Maybe I’m grasping at straws here but one can hope right?

Now you’re just playing semantics, mate. By that logic new spvp mode should not be considered a new feature, nor should new wvw map, because we already have those modes in place. So if they had prepared some new dungeons they would surely mention this with at least one sentence. I can only hope that your #2 speculation comes true, but I don’t share your fate in Anet since ascended gear.

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

Non-tradable precursors and legendaries? Yuck.

One of the few upsides of the current system is that precursors and legendaries can be bought with the game’s main currency. Tossing that out the window and adding extra gathering/quests to the process? Sounds like more work for a lesser reward.

And what about people who get RNG precursors and can’t trade them? Sounds like they’re just SOL.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I hope crafting the precursors are a grind and not something that can be completed in a matter of hours.

Without a doubt, precursor crafting will be a grind that will make crafting 3 sets of ascended armor look like a champagne brunch.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Way to jump to conclusions that the next set of legendaries won’t include a short bow since they have yet to release what new legendaries will be made available. Calm down or just keep raging on based on lack of information. I don’t care. I’m used to posts like this these days.

Whether or not a shortbow, or any other specific weapon, is included at release, the issue still stands. It’s rather unlikely that the term “handful” would have been used to describe a full set of legendary weapons. With anything short of a full set, a lot of people are going to, rightfully, feel left out.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

(edited by mrstealth.6701)

Nike.2631

One of the few upsides of the current system is that precursors and legendaries can be bought with the game’s main currency. Tossing that out the window and adding extra gathering/quests to the process? Sounds like more work for a lesser reward.

I’m betting the people who are willing to put in the effort for one of the new Legendaries won’t agree that them not having a little TP price tag dangling off them is a bad thing…

Justify your own reluctance how ever you like.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Even though the new precursors and legendaries are account-bound, Evon is going to get his due because, almost certainly, the mats for the new precursors/legendaries will, in fact, be very tradeable and gold-spending will be involved. Probably in amounts never before seen.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Non-tradable precursors and legendaries? Yuck.

And what about people who get RNG precursors and can’t trade them? Sounds like they’re just SOL.

That’s part of the problem. Their extreme rarity and the small percentage of players who know how to play the TP means that for the vast majority of players Precursors and Legendary weapons are completely out of reach. It also showed new players that to get the best weapons in the game, all you had to do was farm gold, but once you think you’d gotten enough gold, the price goes up because of speculators and TP players.
Bringing in non tradeable precursors and legendary’s means it’s a level playing field. If you want a legendary there is now a way to do it that isn’t a constantly moving goal post.

Anet has said that the existing precursors will still be tradeable and will continue to drop from the world so there will still be a market there, but the new system means that all players can at least play the game with a legendary weapon in mind and knowing that is attainable. As opposed to some pipe dream, which they hope to fulfill by having a precursor drop. Some people have been lucky, I’ve had 2 precursors drop, my guildie has had 7, most other people can only rely on the TP.

cranos.5913

I’m betting the people who are willing to put in the effort for one of the new Legendaries won’t agree that them not having a little TP price tag dangling off them is a bad thing…

Justify your own reluctance how ever you like.

While that’s true, the old precursors you could work towards however you want, since pretty much everything gets you gold. This “epic quest” sounds like a lot brainless open world grind rather than something I like doing, making it a lot less fun to make one.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

So many points of view. Fascinating.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: kny.3789

kny.3789

i did read the article. looking for clarification on this part.
-“This final collection unlocks the recipe to craft the polished final iteration of the precursor. For all of our existing precursors, this is a tradable exotic weapon, but they will all be updated to use new skins that look much like the legendary weapons they’ll one day become.”-

does this mean that the third stage of crafted precs. from the first generation of legendaries will be accound bound? or does it mean that stage 3 crafted precs. from the first gen will be tradable and RNG precs. from first gen are just getting a visual update?

New precursors from the new legendary weapon sets that comes out when HoT comes out, are nontradeable aka account bound and so are the finished legendary weapon itself. For short, people cant buy this NEW legendary weapons from the TP or some stupid third party website.

i know that new (2nd gen) precs. will be account bound that was clearly stated in the article.

(edited by kny.3789)

cranos.5913

i did read the article. looking for clarification on this part. -"This final collection unlocks the recipe to craft the polished final iteration of the precursor. For all of our existing precursors, this is a tradable exotic weapon, but they will all be updated to use new skins that look much like the legendary weapons they’ll one day become.-

does this mean that the third stage of crafted precs. from the first generation of legendaries will be accound bound? or does it mean that stage 3 crafted precs. from the first gen will be tradable and RNG precs. from first gen are just getting a visual update?

i know that new (2nd gen) precs. will be account bound that was clearly stated in the article.

For all of our existing precursors, this is a tradable exotic weapon

tradable = not account bound

So visual update, to answer completely.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

@kny

“This final collection unlocks the recipe to craft the polished final iteration of the precursor. For all of our existing precursors, this ( polished final iteration ) is a tradable exotic weapon, but they ( the final polished iteration of existing precursors ) will all be updated to use new skins that look much like the legendary weapons they’ll one day become.”

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

I swear, that better not be the Chaos of Lyssa and Shadow of Grenth Recipes.

Anet, please don’t do this. This would be the worst decision in the world if that is what they are.

The reason people hate precursors right now is because it’s based off of RNG and most have to purchase it for huge amount of golds. If you’re replacing this with items like the Chaos of Lyssa and Shadow of Grenth, both of which can’t be acquired year around AND are based in RNG, it will solve NOTHING.

DO NOT put RNG items in the collections. You’re simply replacing one issue with multiple issues. If you decide to put RNG items like these recipes into the collections, they’ll sky rocket in price. They’ll probably cost the same amount as precursors and nothing will get solved.

People want collections/crafting to have a RELIABLE, GUARANTEED way o getting a legendary. Not something based in RNG.

EDIT: Sorry just saw this has been addressed. Nevermind. Thank you lazaar.

(edited by Deified.7520)

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

I swear, that better not be the Chaos of Lyssa and Shadow of Grenth Recipes.

Anet, please don’t do this. This would be the worst decision in the world if that is what they are.

The reason people hate precursors right now is because it’s based off of RNG and most have to purchase it for huge amount of golds. If you’re replacing this with items like the Chaos of Lyssa and Shadow of Grenth, both of which can’t be acquired year around AND are based in RNG, it will solve NOTHING.

DO NOT put RNG items in the collections. You’re simply replacing one issue with multiple issues. If you decide to put RNG items like these recipes into the collections, they’ll sky rocket in price. They’ll probably cost the same amount as precursors and nothing will get solved.

People want collections/crafting to have a RELIABLE, GUARANTEED way o getting a legendary. Not something based in RNG.

Refer to:

Don’t worry a whole lot about the icons shown, they are all placeholder.

I hooked them all up. Not sure why my account isn’t showing as a dev account, but I am in fact, Linsey Murdock.

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Non-tradeable legends, now that’s something I have been waiting for a loooooong time to see! I can’t wait to get my hands on the new system!

As always, though, every bit of good comes with a bit of bad from ANet – we are not getting all the new legends when HoT goes live, only some of them and the others will come in future releases. This kinda bothers me, but I hope they at least announce the names and skins of all legends when (or before!) HoT goes live so that we know what to work towards and what to postpone.

Posted by: Akagami.9861

Akagami.9861

They are not handing content for free forever. Character customization is a huge aspect of the game, and see the post above yours – a lot of weapon skins have been released and made available only through the scam-like lottery system, or by buying from those who have used the lottery system. It’s interesting, to say the least, that ArenaNet would say “Sorry, but we can’t release all legendaries at once” at the same time they say “here’s our monthly release of 19 weapon skins in the Gem Store!”.

So because they also release content that isn’t free, they’re not handing out content for free? That doesn’t make any sense.

It does. Your point was that ArenaNet can’t only release content for free, since they need to make a profit, thus it wouldn’t be bad if they charge for Living World Season 3 (aka HoT). But they have never been releasing only free content, they have always been selling us content in one way or another. The fact they have decided to sell the kind of content that used to be for free while still selling the same content they used to sell is not a matter of ArenaNet needing to make a profit, it feels more like they are desperate to make money right now.

This does not make sense…you want everything to be free in this game? Ofc there is an Item Mall for those that want to be flashier or those that just want some things made easyer for them. And if you refer to “buying” the season 2….well each episode was free for 2 weeks…what more do you want…

i don’t understand the hate towards having to pay for an expansion…Maybe some of you do not understand that if arena net doesn’t make enough money to make a profit (and by profit i mean extra money, not just enough to get by…in case you guys were confused) the game would just be closed and we would have to move on.

IDK in what fantasy world you live, but in this world…the real world if something doesn’t make a good profit it’s cut down. Period

Posted by: MikeE.8267

MikeE.8267

“you’re rewarded with these currencies through a bouncy chest for playing on the map.”

My mesmer has a bouncy chest

Nike.2631

“you’re rewarded with these currencies through a bouncy chest for playing on the map.”

My mesmer has a bouncy chest

Bouncy chests are surprisingly common in Tyria.

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/a-legendary-journey/

General idea of precursor crafting has been released, and I must say, I am intrigued.

When the announcement even took place in January, and Colin said that they have been working on ways to keep the old maps vibrant, I will admit to my skepticism. It’s a difficult task to keep people spread out when an expansion opens a map. However, after reading about Map Bonuses (described in the post linked), I am impressed.

It’s been some time since we’ve seen real, useful rewards that we don’t hope pops out of a shiny chest. Rewarding useful crafting materials and sending players on elaborate quests to use them sounds like the kind of thing that will keep me busy for a long time. I’m excited to participate in this system, and look forward to hearing more.

Thanks guys! Keep up the good work.

This just deserved a quote

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

My question is, are the non-tradable Exotics gained from this process account-bound or soulbound? For example, say I want The Flameseeker Prophecies for my Guardian, only to find that the precursor requires Weaponsmithing to craft, a skill which my Warrior has maxxed out. Can I get the exotic, craft it on my Warrior, then hand it to my Guardian so she can use it in the meantime, only to send it back to my Warrior later on for the next step?

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

My question is, are the non-tradable Exotics gained from this process account-bound or soulbound? For example, say I want The Flameseeker Prophecies for my Guardian, only to find that the precursor requires Weaponsmithing to craft, a skill which my Warrior has maxxed out. Can I get the exotic, craft it on my Warrior, then hand it to my Guardian so she can use it in the meantime, only to send it back to my Warrior later on for the next step?

Given the fact that the weapons can only be crafted once per recipe (and you can only get one recipe per precursor), it’s pretty safe to say that the first two tiers will be account-bound. As for the final tier which is the full precursor, the existing iteration of the full precursors will be tradable, but the new precursors coming with Heart of Thorns (as they are added in) will also probably be account-bound. (as they are not tradable)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

2012: you WILL see new legendary weapons in 2013

2013: …..

2014: We are revamping the rewards and started over on the new legendary weapons, we will have them out asap.

2015: you will now have to pay for the legendary weapons but they WILL be coming with the expansion

2015: Well they actually won’t be coming with the expansion, only a couple will.

2016:… we wanted to make them even better, so you will need to buy the next expansion to get the rest of the legendary weapons

2016: actually we won’t be able to make that deadline, we will release just a couple

People are still buying this? time to wake up people, they are just bait and switching you into buying the expansion, there will not be any new legendary weapons.

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

Just a side note about the “dancing with Queen Jennah” being about the mini: the mini is part of the one-year birthday reward for each character, but they are account bound. I now have 2. So either that’s a placeholder or those are not going to be the hard to get ingredients, except insofar as requiring a character over 1 year-old.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Just a side note about the “dancing with Queen Jennah” being about the mini: the mini is part of the one-year birthday reward for each character, but they are account bound. I now have 2. So either that’s a placeholder or those are not going to be the hard to get ingredients, except insofar as requiring a character over 1 year-old.

It’s been confirmed to be a placeholder. They’re likely using them to hide what the actual items/tasks will be other than the hints given already in the blog

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Refer to:

Don’t worry a whole lot about the icons shown, they are all placeholder.

I hooked them all up. Not sure why my account isn’t showing as a dev account, but I am in fact, Linsey Murdock.

I’m not sure I’d believe these yet. There still is no red tag to that account, it only has two posts, and AFAIK all dev accounts are first namelast name.XXXX (some with spaces between first and last).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…