Feedback/Questions: The Wardrobe System

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

You wanted it, you got it

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-wardrobe-system/

This new system is not free – it uses transmutation charges, which IMO is a good balance

Also, weapon skins are account wide now. So you can have as many eternities as you want!

Town Clothes are now outfits, which can be worn as armor.

BIG BIG news: Transmutation Stones (lvl <79) can be converted with a 3-1 ratio. I’d hate to be the people who tossed their excess ones (I have over 500)

(edited by Vol.7601)

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

now changing traits is made more flexible, i expect we can see such flexibility in our gear as well. in the future, of course. i have seen this coming since 2006. the people have been asking for something like this since then.

source:
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/smart-armor-system-v3-0-t10071643.html

weapons
- change skin (once unlocked)
- change stats (once unlocked)
- change sigils (once unlocked)
- change infusion (once unlocked)
- change infusion type: defensive, offensive, utility (once unlocked)

armor
- change runes (once unlocked)

back item

rings / accessories
- change inventory icon (once unlocked)

the freedom and flexibility to alter the stats of our armor, plus to change our traits on the fly, will mean that save and load build templates is in the works as well!

rejoice!

so, what do you think?
yay or nay?

share your thoughts!
discuss!

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I’d absolutely love to see something similar to DC Universe Online when it comes to swapping skins. I had a lot of fun completing sets in that game. If stat combinations can be unlocked too then all the better.

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Transmutation_Crystal = €€€€€$$$$ = reason why it won’t sadly happen :/

\||||||/
O°v°O

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I’d absolutely love to see something similar to DC Universe Online when it comes to swapping skins. I had a lot of fun completing sets in that game. If stat combinations can be unlocked too then all the better.

hopefully, we will see it in the near future.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Transmutation_Crystal = €€€€€$$$$ = reason why it won’t sadly happen :/

the current transmutation crystal is bad. it replaces a skin with another. very, very bad.

if they made the skins into unlocks, and consume transmutation for every skin change, then more people might buy the transmutation crystals.

with the new unlock and change system, we get both skins, and we can change them freely, maybe either use lots of transmutation crystals (250?) for a permanent unlock, with future changes free.

or each skin change consumes one transmutation crystal.

there are lots of monetization methods to explore here.

at the moment, i wun buy transmutation crystals.
rarely use them as well.

why?
because the transmutation crystal destroys one skin and replaces it with another.
i think it is not a good design at all. very terrible.

yet, people use them, because they have no choice.

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

If you have an item that has gone through skin progression, like a legendary weapon or one of the Spinal Blade backpacks from the “Escape from Lion’s Arch” and “Battle for Lion’s Arch” releases, you will unlock all of the skins in that direct line of progression. That means that if you made Twilight, you will have access to both the Twilight and Dusk skins across your entire account. If you’ve created the Dynamic Tempered Spinal Blades, you’ll unlock that skin and all previous Spinal Blade skins.

I wonder how this will sit with people who made dual incinerators etc. lol

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Initial reaction: YES. Joy!

After reading / vid: I’m so happy, I’m crying. I can see a couple of potential hiccups with the system, but still OMFG! Ty anet. TY!

Now onto the dye blog…..

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Posted by: LordHogFred.3691

LordHogFred.3691

They haven’t actually said how you get transmutation charges.
I’m assuming through the gem store but confirmation on price and acquisition would be nice

Also, AWWWW YEAH!!!

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Oh my god. I can have bifrost skin on all of my staff users. Oh my god.

And my immobulus.

Oh my god.

I can’t even.

Oh my god.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Vol.7601

If you have an item that has gone through skin progression, like a legendary weapon or one of the Spinal Blade backpacks from the “Escape from Lion’s Arch” and “Battle for Lion’s Arch” releases, you will unlock all of the skins in that direct line of progression. That means that if you made Twilight, you will have access to both the Twilight and Dusk skins across your entire account. If you’ve created the Dynamic Tempered Spinal Blades, you’ll unlock that skin and all previous Spinal Blade skins.

Well if anything, they’d be using it now for the extra legendary stat boost! Is it worth the +2000 gold it costs? Not anymore lol

Posted by: Undertaker.2731

Undertaker.2731

I’m assuming through the gem store but confirmation on price and acquisition would be nice

Also, AWWWW YEAH!!!

if u have collected transmutations stone u can use them to get charges at a rate of 3 for 1 and transmutations crystals = 1 charge

Posted by: Wote.3627

Wote.3627

Some basic clothing items that are no longer available for purchase will be converted into endless tonics.

I wish they’d go into a bit more detail here. I bought some clothing items explicitly to mix and match them, and I’m going to be kind of annoyed if I lose those appearances because I can only wear the pants or the shirt.

The Tyria Wildlife Fund: Having absolutely nothing to do with the Cyborg Moa Incident since 1325 AE.

… Yes, we know that it happened in 1326 AE. We had that little to do with it. We swear.

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Yeah! Finally a use for my 70+ t-stones.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

YES, 3-1 rate for shards to charges!

I knew saving those 500 stupid shards would be useful one day lol.

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Oh baby, I can have all the SAB skins available to me all the time now? oooooooh yeah, I’m gonna have some hard core farming to do once SAB comes around again.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I’m very pleased with how they chose to implement the wardrobe system.
I’m just one happy camper now. On to read about the dye changes.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

I’m guessing the charge amount is going to be through the roof for the legendary skins. If not, we’ll be seeing even more of them around, on lower level characters no less, haha.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

It doesn’t seem like it solves what I was hoping it would solved, to avoid having to carry around 3 sets of chest, leg and feet armors – and wanting to carry around more.

Well, that’s not entirely true. Yes, I would not have to do that any more if I wanted to change my look whenever I wanted to, on the fly.

However, they key phrase in all my requests was – ‘like a dye’. In that, I was happy if they made me use stones and crystals (which you have to buy) to ‘unlock’ skins. I wanted to be able to use them freely, like a dye, without charge, whenever I wanted to, after I had unlocked the skin.

Those screenshots elude to not being able to change your look on the fly without restriction once you know a skin.

So I’ll have to carry around those 3 sets still, it would seem. And be limited to how many other looks I want based on bag space.

I’m also concerned about the line regarding town clothes about “items no longer available being converted to an endless tonic”. Like the halo? Every time I want to wear my old gathering shorts, I have to click a tonic item in my inventory? How will that work?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Very nice changes.
Quite nice that you can basically get Legendary looks on all characters without making multiple versions of said legendary as well.

Looks very nice overall.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Vol.7601

I’m guessing the charge amount is going to be through the roof for the legendary skins. If not, we’ll be seeing even more of them around, on lower level characters no less, haha.

I don’t know if it’s in the blogpost but I wouldn’t mind having the # of charges required increased among rarity

i.e.

blues/greens/rares/exotics = 1 charge
ascended = 3 charges
legendary = 10 charges

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

Well if anything, they’d be using it now for the extra legendary stat boost! Is it worth the +2000 gold it costs? Not anymore lol

Yeaahh I bet they’ll be kittened at anet and demand a refund or something LOL.

But this is really good news for people who play all professions who are forced to choose where to put their shinies on.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Does the wardrobe also keep the stats? From what i gather, you can use the skin on all characters but the item you use it on, determines the stats. So if you want pistols with ascended and switchable stats on 2 characters, you still need to have 1 incinerator on each character.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: garganor.9824

garganor.9824

My thoughts about the legendary issue follow on from the others here.

I wonder how it will affect the costs of legendaries, I can see a demand for tradeable weapons just to unlock the skin and then resell.

Posted by: sion.2603

sion.2603

While I surely welcome the changes to the ways skins are going to be applied, and have to commend Anet for the great changes coming with the April Feature Pack, one of the incoming changes regarded the Wardrobe System has left a little sour taste :p

I am the fortunate(unfortunate) owner of 2 identical Legendary Weapons, and with the impending change allowing people with 1 Legendary to skin over as many weapons as they want across their whole account, this has made me feel like there is a diminution of value in my 2nd Legendary

This may just be me feeling entitled and what have you, I somewhat agree, though I just thought I’d get this rant out of the way.

I still love the direction that these changes are going in though, it’s just tragic that I happen to be part of the collateral damage.

Posted by: XeRauS.1073

XeRauS.1073

All these changes are amazing! I love that transmutation stones will finally be useful and not having to use gems on lvl 80 items. We might even find more people going back and completing zones for the charges so a bit more life injected into the population of open world pve. Now just WvW account bound rank please.

Vol.7601

Does the wardrobe also keep the stats? From what i gather, you can use the skin on all characters but the item you use it on, determines the stats. So if you want pistols with ascended and switchable stats on 2 characters, you still need to have 1 incinerator on each character.

I’m too excited to dig through the post further but I would assume it would work the way it was before. After all, it doesn’t make sense to have a lvl 80 stat legendary on your lvl 1.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Attachments:

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I can use my mad king armor in combat.

Posted by: Link.4039

Link.4039

Honestly I think the fair thing to do would be to either compensate with your choice of a new legendary, or make one of the two identical ones tradable again so that you can sell it.

From an objective point of view, I don’t see that as being entitled or anything, as legendaries are incredibly time-consuming and/or expensive.

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

The only thing i’m going to hate about this is not having 100% wardrobe unlocked because of discontinued skins XD

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

Sera.6539

We still don’t know how the transmutation charge cost will be (both per skin and gem price). It probably won’t be the same cost of a legendary (or else there would be no point in making it an account bound skin), but don’t forget your legendary has the ability to change prefix whenever you want.

Not the best positive notes, but it’s not all bad.

Posted by: Shinovihna.1526

Shinovihna.1526

I was very excited to read about the new Wardrobe System being implemented on April 15, but some things were a little unclear to me. Over the course of my game play I crafted Twilight and Sunrise. Later I crafted them into Eternity and sold it. I also crafted the Minstrel and the Bifrost but I sold those. I have screen shots of my character using Twilight and Sunrise as well as credit for the Legendary Collector achievement. Will those skins be accessible to me in the new Wardrobe System even though I do not own them anymore?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Well to be fair they will only be skins, while your two Legendaries will have Ascended level stats AND the ability to switch stats out of combat, so your real Legendaries will still be superior to the copies.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Sera.6539

The only thing i’m going to hate about this is not having 100% wardrobe unlocked because of discontinued skins XD

Same here. I converted some of the skins from living story to PvP because they were hogging up space. ;~;

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

By Bear’s bald butt, FINALLY! Now I feel that those skins in the gem shop aren’t a rip-off and this whole gear destruction thing is gone. Whew….tbh this is the best QoL change I’ve heard regarding GW2 in a year an a half.

Endless (easy) customization abound, April 15th can’t come fast enough. Initial overreaction demands that I even consider getting a legendary despite the horrid grinding…and even after cooler heads prevail it still doesn’t seem THAT bad an idea anymore.

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Coolness overload. I have almost every dye (except for the special event ones) unlocked on my old main and was sad to switch because of dyes but OMG yes.

The skins being unlocked is going to save me so much bank space too.

One question though:
Some skins I’d gotten I’d sent to the PvP locker to free up bank space (like the consortium ship in a bottle focus)….how do I get that into my skin locker? Are the two being merged?

Posted by: garganor.9824

garganor.9824

Personally, I think that they shouldn’t include legendaries in the list of allowable skins.

I don’t have one, but would like one and I can see people getting together in a group, buying one item and sending it between friends, or onselling.

It would surely devalue the effort of legendaries

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Yeah, your 2nd legendary can have its stats changed whenever you want plus was automatically ascended with its AR slot. So, you still got advantages out of it. Plus you got to look bad kitten for a good long while.

ZudetGambeous.9573

Unfortunately they probably won’t do anything because you still have the advantage of a second legendary item. It stays best in slot, and it has fully selectable stats.

Since these things aren’t changing they probably won’t refund you anything.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Some basic clothing items that are no longer available for purchase will be converted into endless tonics.

How does that work?

Is the tonic something I have to keep in my bank and apply it to an existing piece of clothing (overriding it?) when I want to look that way?

Or is it like being a quaggan and every time I want to wear it I have to use that item?

That’s crazy, and unacceptable, if that is how it works.

Vol.7601

You bet your bookah I’m gonna be putting my FSP/Meteor/Eternity/Bifrost on all 4 of my guardians.

Posted by: Link.4039

Link.4039

I wonder how it will affect the costs of legendaries, I can see a demand for tradeable weapons just to unlock the skin and then resell.

The blog specifically mentions that the item must be soulbound in order to unlock it’s skin, so no worries there!

Posted by: Sean.8274

Sean.8274

Personally, I think that they shouldn’t include legendaries in the list of allowable skins.

I don’t have one, but would like one and I can see people getting together in a group, buying one item and sending it between friends, or onselling.

I think you have to soulbind the weapon to get the skin, so you would not be able to do this

Lucy Ursa~80 Guardian | Worf Rozhenko~80 Warrior | Vera Valentine~80 Mesmer | Cupcake~80 Engi
King Arcturus X~80 Ranger | Suki Serra~80 Thief | Count Charon~80 Necro | Regulus Leo~80 Ele
HoD since launch

ZudetGambeous.9573

according to the blog post you need to either:

1. Equip the item
2. make it account bound through the options
3. salvage the item

In order to unlock it in the wardrobe. So there will be no reselling of skins if you want them in the wardrobe.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

“Skins can be unlocked by using consumables, equipping items, salvaging equipment, or right-clicking on equipment and account-binding it.”

To unlock a skin, you must use it.

Sera.6539

I was under the impression that the item would have to be equipped in order for it to become an account bound skin. So I don’t think your situation would play out. But that remains to be seen.

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

A big improvement overall.

The town clothes thing is not ideal – you cannot use individual parts of outfits separately; it is all or nothing. (So no wearing a beret as a helmet, or even combining a tophat with the fancy clothes.)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Excellent news! I love the new Wardrobe system and can’t wait to use it!

One question though, will the PVP locker skins transfer to the new Wardrobe?

Posted by: LordHogFred.3691

LordHogFred.3691

Also, AWWWW YEAH!!!

if u have collected transmutations stone u can use them to get charges at a rate of 3 for 1 and transmutations crystals = 1 charge

Yeah I saw that in the blog. They didn’t say how you are going to get them after release though. I imagine that transmutation stones will just be replaced with charges but does that mean we won’t be seeing them as rewards from dailies/monthlies any more? Or can we now get charges as rewards from dungeons, etc? Seems a bit lacking in info about how to obtain the charges after the update drops is all.

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

So I can’t wear my bunny ears to combat and instead have to use a tonic that will wear off in combat?

Is it a combat transformation?