Dye Changes Feedback/Questions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I loved dye drops- it makes me very very happy and I am so sad to see them go.

There was a time when I spent all my laurels on dyes too.

I will never buy dyes from the gems shop- so I guess I will have to be happy with what I have collected by now

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

So I am not the only one. I didn’t even care that much what dye came out, just getting that little package always made me smile. (Same thing happens whenever I see a blackbird irl.) I am going to miss that feeling.

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

Well guess there will be a giant jump in prices

What is supply and demand.

Prices will drop. By a lot.

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

This is an absolutely unfair way to treat players who followed the original method put forth to dying your characters. I personally bought Abyss and Celestial on all my characters to ensure that they had the looks I wanted throughout the game. This cost me several hundred gold. To those of you who claim, oh you are only gaining by this… no, you aren’t. Consider the money sunk to get these dyes, everyone who spent gold on them couldnt spend that gold on other items they may have wanted. Maybe we should all just get legendaries too since that’s free and evereveryone wins! No harm no foul right? You’re all too ignorant and self centered… it’s okay because you are gaining something and “a few others” lose. It’s okay in that case right?

The simple solution is a 1 to 1. If a player has a duplicate. Return them a duplicate of the EXACT SAME type. This is simple business practice, and since gold in this game carries an equivalent real life monetary value, ANET is essentially extending a nice big middle finger to those that played by the rules. Shame on you ANET, very very very poor business practices with this company. Do what is ethical and right, something you seem to be doing less and less lately.

Thing is, you used those dyes, right? People who didn’t buy Abyss dyes for all their characters didn’t get to have Abyss on their characters, but you did. So that’s why you bought the dye, and you got the function out of the dye per character that you paid for.

Now there will be a change and there will be account bound dyes. But nothing for you has changed – you bought each dye at each time and weighed the cost and found it something you were willing to pay for unlocking the dye per character. And you got that. You got to use the Abyss dye on your characters. Now, if you make any more characters, you won’t have to buy Abyss again.

But because you got exactly the intended use out of the dyes you purchased, this doesn’t entitle you to a refund or another, free Abyss dye.

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

They should rename the game to QQ2 cos everytime Anet does something people asked for (account bound dyes), people find something to QQ about it.

Having a lot of alts, I won’t miss dye drops in exchange for account bound dyes, ever.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Posted by: silva.5938

silva.5938

I came here to post this very same thing. Dyes are the only drop that always make me smile. The rest of the drops, even exotic, doesn’t give that same feeling. Please let them drop.

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I absolutely love unidentified dyes. I gather a lot and I have gotten plenty. To be exact, 426 is the count when I did the math yesterday, not counting three or four I have sent as gifts. I have opened 250 and the rest are unids in storage, 176 of them.
I don’t think I will make it to 200 so I’ll have to open 150 when I can arrange the room.

And then I suppose I will not be finding them anymore.

let the sky fall

(edited by Traced.3495)

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

People keep saying that… and yet there are a number of dyes I would buy for my entire account (17 characters) that I would not buy for just one character.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I’d gladly give up account bound dyes in Exchange for keeping drops as they are.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: silva.5938

silva.5938

Dyes are the only drop that always make me smile. The rest of the drops, even exotic, doesn’t give that same feeling. Please let them drop.

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

It is a shame they wont drop as loot , the one drop that gives you that little jump and then gives you that gamblers feeling on wether to open or sell it

It’s weird that dye does that to you , but for teq or worm chests and other world chests that feeling totally isn’t there.. because . well.. we all expect greens and maybe a exotic if we are lucky, but with dyes we always have that little hope of getting that one dye to make our guildwars life a bit more comfortable..

Iow Revamp world event rewards and maybe not make players go on endless mining/farming runs that a bot can do twice as efficient

Considering dyes are craftable when cooking goes up to 500 expect another spike in basic material prices. that are already out of control thanks to ascended gear and speculating on BLT with datamined knowledge.

this is all playing into the hands of I AM A GOLD SPAMMER. PLEASE REPORT ME BY PRESSING THE REPORT FLAG ICON IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF THIS POST! (generated message because i used the words p.W.p.bank)

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Well guess there will be a giant jump in prices

What is supply and demand.

Prices will drop. By a lot.

Initially yes, but considering that the supply for new UIDs popping will be pretty non-existent after the patch, the price will climb up eventually.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I share in this sentiment. Tbh though I am not surprised one bit. The reward aspect of this game is/has been one of the major weak points. Shame really, such a vital aspect of a rpg of any type, that they don’t seem to grasp. Oh well……

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Kobi Beef.3895

Kobi Beef.3895

considering its going to be much harder to obtain dyes, I say they are going to go up significantly and stay high. Removing dye drops is going to hurt alot.

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

Yea I loved getting the dyes drop for me an getting the thrill of wondering what i may get. I think this is a bit harsh on those folks who want to make bifrost and need 250unidentifed dyes to make the gift of colour. I just finished mine and thank god i did, cause collecting 250 dyes now is hard enuff without them dropping even less or not at all.

It’s being changed to 100 unidentified dyes.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

considering its going to be much harder to obtain dyes, I say they are going to go up significantly and stay high. Removing dye drops is going to hurt alot.

But the price will also be “moderated” by the Laurel to UID conversion. In effect, their price won’t go above the “best offer” on the Laurel vendor, which currently is 3 T6 mats for 1 laurel (~1,1 gold before fees), capping their price at about 150% of the average T6 mat price per UID.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

There should be a recipe (mystic forge or otherwise) that makes unidentified dyes and doesn’t involve PvP rewards. Players of other game types like dying their armor as well.

If they aren’t going to drop, make them at least a bit more accessible, and not just a money-maker for PvP players. Does anyone care if dyes are super valuable? Cheap dyes seem like more fun (just overall, having a few expensive rare ones is fine) I’d rather have a bunch of colors to use on my characters’ armor, rather than spend a bazillion gold for one color.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

There should be a recipe (mystic forge or otherwise) that makes unidentified dyes and doesn’t involve PvP rewards. Players of other game types like dying their armor as well.

If they aren’t going to drop, make them at least a bit more accessible, and not just a money-maker for PvP players. Does anyone care if dyes are super valuable? Cheap dyes seem like more fun (just overall, having a few expensive rare ones is fine) I’d rather have a bunch of colors to use on my characters’ armor, rather than spend a bazillion gold for one color.

PVP rewards were removed from the game. Players who had materials can still use them to forge new dyes, but can’t get new materials anymore.

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Yeah the dyes were kind a joy to get. Every now and then you get a drop that you can actually use instead of just those random blue and green items. I got my abyss dye after doing the troll’s end jumping puzzle for the first time, from the bushes at the end. Best reward for a jumping puzzle ever.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

With the new dye system comming up, will the dye prices on the tp rise or wil they drop?
Just wondering if I should buy some dyes now or later..

for example, black dye was 17g yesterday, but now it’s 13 again. What should I expect?

If you cant figure it out by yourself and are uncertain about it, i would suggest not to invest any money. If you plan to speculate on the TP in order to make profit, gather information first. If you dont know what to do right now, sit this one out and just observe the dye market from now on until 1 month after the patch. This will give you an idea how the market works and you will be better prepared, next time something like this comes around.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I have to agree to this. I’m very saddened to see dye drops go. When I’m exploring Tyria, a dye dropping was one of the few items of possible value, and I always felt my character had gained something from it. (Except when my main gets certain pinks and purples I’m not fond of…lol)

Fozzik.1742

/signed

I totally agree. I’d much rather dyes be a fun thing and a nice surprise that drops rather than something expensive that I hardly ever get. I could care less if dyes are “valuable” in terms of gold. I just want a wide variety of colors to choose from so I can create the right looks for my characters.

I know this is about the gem store, in the end…they want to maintain / increase the rarity in game to push more sales of dye packs. I understand, but it does reduce the fun of the new system.

Posted by: JoeytheHutt.1742

JoeytheHutt.1742

Yeah, I will miss dye drops. Though I can craft them in the future, gather 100 of this and 100 of that for a guaranteed dye, it just isnt the same.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

They should rename the game to QQ2 cos everytime Anet does something people asked for (account bound dyes), people find something to QQ about it.

Having a lot of alts, I won’t miss dye drops in exchange for account bound dyes, ever.

They’re going to make collecting dyes boring. That’s what we’re talking about. We’re reminiscing already.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Fox Reeveheart.1890

Fox Reeveheart.1890

Nowhere do they have in plain english “Dyes you have already unlocked on one character will become account bound”, and frankly I am getting different opinions back and forth on the issue and nobody has a answer with actual facts.

What we do know is that if a specific dye color is unlocked on more than one character, we will receive a unidentified dye for each duplicate. But again, there is NOTHING in anything I have read so far that says, again “Dyes you have already unlocked on one character will become account bound” as in unlocked then across all characters.

So with such horrible ambiguity, do I just stock up on dyes that I want to use and wait until april 15th or can I actually use them now and not worry?

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

You can if you want but it seems pretty obvious to me that if you have Hot Pink unlocked only one character now then you’ll have it unlocked across all after the update. I could be wrong but I don’t think I am.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

If you already have the same dyes unlocked on multiple characters, when you log in on additional characters, you will receive one unidentified dye for each duplicate dye already unlocked on your account.

Isn’t that clear that all of your unlocked dyes will be unlocked for all your char ? Else what would be the point to give you non id dyes ?

Posted by: Grizm.4560

Grizm.4560

Yes. Dyes you already have will become account bound. That’s why the duplicates will be essentially refunded as unidentified dyes in your inventory.

Your characters will no longer have individual dye listings. Just the account wide dye selector. You will not be going back to the basic dyes and having to start over. You keep your current dyes and they become account wide.

Cleared up now?

Tarnished Coast
My characters think I’m crazy.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

You are right Zenleto.
Every dye you have now will be unlocked account wide after the patch, in addition to that, if you have the same dye unlocked in several toons, you’ll get a unID dye for every duplicated dye you have.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

No, I think Shadow Blade is asking for some level of consistency in design philosophy. I think that’s a simple request.

That is exactly what i’m asking for, i think its absurd that we have core selling features of the game being removed or completely changed with no real feedback being taken. or explanations given.

There is an order to taking feedback and acting on it, generally you do this at a stage BEFORE the work is finalized and it can still make a difference not:

‘oh hay guys were completely changing this game feature in a few days /weeks hope your as excited as we are, not excited? your not a dedicated player then…’

look at the CDI threads, they are constantly asked what their long term design/ plans are so we can comment and give feedback at an early stage when it can make a difference and are told they wont talk about that, infact if you look the majority of the responses are comments on player comments and not thoughts on design or direction, just non committal responses lacking substance, at this point the cdi just looks like a PR spin exercise, and i seriously doubt anything of substance will come of it

In the last year progression in almost every area of the game has had at least one reset. In many cases with no compensation to the possible hundreds of hours players dedicated to it, in some cases changes have gone out as little as a few weeks after new releases. in cases such as these they quite obviously should have changed them before releasing them or put off releasing them to minimize disruption to players, but they didn’t so they could meet their deadline of new stuff every 2 weeks, even when they have taken longer to add polish etc its been a buggy mess as seen by the end of the living world season.

there is a fundamental disconnect between what they are saying and what they are doing.

“no grind, play the way you want”
grind everything, play what we tell you how we tell you when we tell you

Did you demand Valve give you your money back for TF2 when they made it free to play? I love the way many people on this forum get bent out of shape when something doesnt go 100% their way but when you benefit from a change, like the new wardrobe with a legendary, people are AMAZINGLY ok with it.

Your TF2 example is a bad one, most likely purposefully so. all they did was make it free, they didn’t fundamentally change it, if i had bought TF2 and they patched it to portal, then yes i would have demanded valve give me my money back.

In regards to legendaries, maybe you should look around a bit there are many people upset that people who made one legendary get to dual wield them like people who made two for that purpose with half the effort.

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/45889307-Dyes

With changes made to the dye system in April, 2014, how are dyes allocated and distributed?
With the updates to the dye system, dyes no longer will be specific to one character on your account. This means that once you unlock a dye on one of your characters, the dye will be available for use on all of your characters.

How will I obtain dyes in the future?
With dyes becoming account unlocks, the demand for dye will decrease and unidentified dyes no longer will drop as loot but still will be available from the Mystic Forge and select in-game rewards.

With the new dye system, how will dyes be unlocked?
Each dye that one of your characters currently has unlocked will become available to every character on your account when you log in with that character. This means that if Character A has Green Dye unlocked, it will not be available to the rest of your characters until you log in with Character A. Once you do that, any character may use the dye.

What happens with dyes that I have unlocked on multiple characters?
Upon logging in with a character, the game will check to see whether each specific dye on that character’s profile has been unlocked. If the dye already has been unlocked because a different character previously unlocked that specific dye on your account, the game will determine each instance where this took place and then will send you an in-game mail with an unidentified dye for each dye that was duplicated on your account. This means if four characters have Violet Dye, one will convert into an account-wide Violet Due and any other character that had Violet Dye will be sent an unidentified dye via in-game mail once that character is logged into the game. If you do not receive the in-game mails sent to your characters to replace duplicate dyes, check to make sure that your inbox is not at 10/10 mails. If it is, delete several mails (those identified with a white envelope) to make room for the delivery mail.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Nowhere do they have in plain english “Dyes you have already unlocked on one character will become account bound”

It’s on the video https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-wardrobe-system/ in very plain english: Dyes are now account bound, each of the dyes you’ve collected on your characters is now available for use

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

I read it as anything you have now will unlock. If you have three white dye unlocked on characters; two of your characters will get 1 Un-identified dye at their next log in to maybe get a new dye. And any dye after the patch goes auto account. That’s how I read it.

Posted by: Shadow Blade.1324

Shadow Blade.1324

PVP rewards were removed from the game. Players who had materials can still use them to forge new dyes, but can’t get new materials anymore.

actually you can still get pvp materials from the spvp daily, you just cant get glory to buy tokens to make things, and the materials are going to be deleted when the new rewards come out, so basically that part of your daily reward is pointless.

i wish the devs had a consistent vision and didn’t push out content they know is flawed

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Use them ALL.

EVERY SINGLE DYE available in the game is ACCOUNT BOUND after the update, that includes EVERYTHING you have already unlocked on every character you have.
Every single character you have will have every single dye you have ever used.

Here is a plain English breakdown of the dye update. BOOKMARK THIS SITE. They take official information from the site and forums and facebook and twitter and instagram or whatever image hosting site they post random things to and make it easy for people to find.
http://dulfy.net/2014/03/26/gw2-dyes-wardrobe-and-town-clothing-faq/

If you have problems with relying on info from 3rd party trusted sites then here:
https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/45889307-Dyes

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/dyes-in-the-new-account-wardrobe/

If you already have the same dyes unlocked on multiple characters, when you log in on additional characters, you will receive one unidentified dye for each duplicate dye already unlocked on your account.

Although it is poorly worded, I take it as…

If you have the dye unlocked for one character, any other character that doesn’t have it unlocked will receive an unidentified dye of that color so they can unlock it too.

The way I see it, either the colors available only to one character will automatically be available upon logging in (in which case the unidentified dyes are for recouping cost to put the same color on multiple characters) or the unidentified dyes given are to unlock the color for that character. Either way, this mean unlocking dyes now or after the patch doesn’t make too much of a difference.

Posted by: Gilgamesh.5796

Gilgamesh.5796

With the new dye system comming up, will the dye prices on the tp rise or wil they drop?
Just wondering if I should buy some dyes now or later..

for example, black dye was 17g yesterday, but now it’s 13 again. What should I expect?

If you cant figure it out by yourself and are uncertain about it, i would suggest not to invest any money. If you plan to speculate on the TP in order to make profit, gather information first. If you dont know what to do right now, sit this one out and just observe the dye market from now on until 1 month after the patch. This will give you an idea how the market works and you will be better prepared, next time something like this comes around.

Well I’m not interrested in making a profit out of it. There are just a couple of colors I still want, but if the prices will drop I won’t buy them right away..

Posted by: Miroe.2054

Miroe.2054

Id say, the prices for blue colors will skyrocket since you get a unidentified dye for every double color you have for your account which makes a whole lot unidentified dyes if you have 100+ colors on each of your 8 alts. then the prices for unidentified dyes will drop drastically because of all the people who bought the blue colors and thought they could sell it for 10s each. And then the price will stabilize a little lower then it is now – because the need for colors is a lot smaller.

Posted by: Fox Reeveheart.1890

Fox Reeveheart.1890

Nowhere do they have in plain english “Dyes you have already unlocked on one character will become account bound”

It’s on the video https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-wardrobe-system/ in very plain english: Dyes are now account bound, each of the dyes you’ve collected on your characters is now available for use

See now they need to put that actual writing onto the friggin site here.

I’m going to bookmark this page just incase this is not the case on april 15th and WOOPS gotta unlock the dyes at least one more time. Because he doesn’t say those that you gotten will retroactively become account bound.

(edited by Fox Reeveheart.1890)

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Better use now all, that you haven’t used by now on any of your characters.
Every dye, that you have used already once, is up to you to decide if you sell them either in TP for some quick good money, as the prices are increased significantly now.. or to use your double and triple colors on Alt Characters that haven’t unlocked these colors yet as every player will receive on patch day for every dye, that is unlocked multiple times per account on different characters an unidentified dye.

For example.

I’ve not unlocked on any of my characters yet the dye Blah Blah, so I will use it on my main character…

I’ve unlocked already the dye Blub on 4 of my 8 and have that dye another 4 times, so that my other characters could get it too Characters, means I will have to decide, if I should sell those 4 dyes, or if I unlock the dye for my other 4 Alt Characters.

If I sell the for, I’m likely to get some good money.
If you use them on alt characters, it will increase the amount of Unidentified Dye refunds you will receive on patch day.

Unidentiofiyed dyes also raised siginificantly in their price.
So if money is what you are interested in, I’d suggest to use every color you can get to use it on many characters, as it will increase the amount of unidentified dyes you will receive, which you can then sell either for profit, or use them to get eventually new colors that you don’t have yet or again colors that you already have unlocked, that ypou can sell then.

So in overall I think its best to use now as many colors as you can get on as many characters that you have, which havenät unlocked the dyes yet to increase your unidentified dye refund later, because that way it leaves you open with both options:

1) Sellign stuff for money
2) gettign eventually more new colors that you haven’t unlocked yet, as chances rise naturally for this, so bigger the refund amount is, so more dyes you unlock for all of your characters)

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I see the dye market is still messed up this morning. I guess nobody stocked up on crap dyes before the careless blog post.

My hope at this point is all the unid dyes that result after the patch are account bound.

The damage is done — not much that can be done about it now.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Posted by: Fenar.4025

Fenar.4025

Anet is decreasing the supply of dyes because the demand will be lower. It will all even out. If you are buying unidentified dyes because you think you are going to make a killing after the patch, you are in for big disapointment.

And if you are buying common dyes in hopes of gaming the system… well, you are going to lose a whole lot of money.

Fozzik.1742

So if the PvP mystic forge recipe for unidentified dyes is no longer possible/available… is there going to be a new mystic forge recipe?

How exactly are we going to be able to get dyes other than -
1) A large amount of crafting materials to make specific shades
2) gem store

What are the “select in-game rewards” that they mention?

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

You are not understanding the fact RARE dyes will get Rare as they never was! Even if it is 1 account unlock, they will not drop anymore, so the chances to get them are very reduced.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

In the long run, the majority should go down in value because:-

Its account bound so you only need to collect each dye once vs in the past where lots of players needed 5-8+.

Loads of new unidentified dyes are going to flood the market, some players will be getting 1,000’s of unidentified dyes! I think I am going to get 100’s from the 9 characters I have.

The massive spike in the dye market was a combination of panic buying mixed in with a lot of greed.

If this had been a proper real world stock exchange, unidentified dyes would have plummeted in value, well the dirt cheap dyes would have risen massively and then dropped rapidly. The rarer dyes would have remained stable, dropped in price a little.

Never under estimate peoples general lack of how supply/demand actually works and how humans react by panic buying anything if threatened with the unknown, something they do not understand…

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

They said they would be removed from loottables. Does this include gathering plants? Otherwise that might be the best future source for unidentified dyes.
However if the change includes the gathering being removed as a source for unidentified dyes, I sincerely hope they at least add a new mystic forge recipe.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

The prices are already high as a result of the blog info on “getting unid dyes for all your duplicates”.

At this point it’s safe to say that there will be a lot of unid dyes available after the patch. The question is how will they be used. If all of them are identified, then the prices of all dyes should drop as a result. It’s hard to see all the dynamics.

The sad part is this mess could have been minimized by ANet. There’s a design that would have had minimal impact on the market both short and long term and that’s this: Don’t give anything out for duplicate dyes after the patch.

That would have left the current market with little impact (although prices might have dropped a bit on identified dyes because Players would not be buying duplicates). The long term would see unid dyes increase due to the reduced drop rate (although there’s the counter of a reduced consumption rate).

However the damage is already done and there’s no “undoing” it at this point. The market is at it’s new norm for a while. It’s amazing that ANet threw the market into fits. They have an economist on staff and yet this happens.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Posted by: Fenar.4025

Fenar.4025

The spike in unidentified dye market was also driven by a massive feedback loop. You see, most people buy unidentified dyes so they can open them and sell back the colors they get for a profit (hopefully). I suspect it’s even easier to do so right now because the colors you are most likely to get (common) are now expensive because people think they are going to game the system duplicating “cheap” common colors so they can get those unidentified dyes and sell them at like 5g a piece. They will not. They will only be left holding the bag.

What happens after the patch is that people stop buying common dyes because they can’t game the system any more. Prices drop on those. At the same time, a bunch of people will be turning around to sell those unidentified dyes at 1g a piece but no sane person is going to buy them because they will not be profitable to open at that price.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Since it’s now been announced the prices of dye will go up for a while, but ultimately those prices will go down. At this point too many people either don’t understand how the system will work or just want to stock up, so that will drive up prices, but once everything is ironed out after release I think you’ll see prices start to drop, and probably quickly.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: fang.9526

fang.9526

I hope this question has not been asked before, but:

How will we acquire new dyes after the update without the trading post? I guess I want some clarification as to the “certain in-game rewards”. Will these be like once a month get 1 dye? Or will it be more common? As it is, I rely on unidentified dyes to increase my dye pool and do not buy from the trading post. Will I be forced to change my habits if I want to acquire significantly more dyes?

The way it was presented makes me think that I will no longer be able to acquire dyes without paying for them on the trading post, excluding rare special occasions or using laurels or crafting (mystic forge or otherwise). I want to acquire dyes without the aforementioned.