Eeep, cripple/chill nudering NO DX

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Galeskyring.9617

Galeskyring.9617

Hey hey! Remember that time you crippled an ele made them unable to run, how about the gs war couldn’t bounce off forty feet cause you chilled them, thus killing someone who was a nuisance to down int he first place?

Oh oh wait how about the time you crippled a thief so they couldn’t blink across the map? XD wait no, that last one never happened. BUUUUUT the previous kind of scenarios certainly did.

In a game where position and movement is key, why does anet seek to nuder non-damage conditions out of existence?

Some professions already are hard enough to pin down as it is, be it cause you are trying to slow them and run form an unfavorable fight or because they are fleeing and you refuse to let them live, yet here we are, anet immunizing movement ability’s so that chill and cripple do a big fat nothing.

WHY bother using chill anymore?Uhm cause its not a full on destruction of purpose, we (for the moment) still have the 66% cooldown affect and at a later time reaper chill damage but cripple? A GREAT BIG ZIP.

Cripple simple single purpose/function -50% movement that’s is, no other function save any derived form traits oh excuse me CORE SPECS and they don’t really give you a worth while incentive to use them most of the time and most of that is a small flat damage %

I am alright or love most of the other upcoming changes but this problem needs to be addressed.

This change will ruin the capacity to catch professions with an op movement system or set of skills, because lets face it, chill or cripple is the only way to stop them outside of immob and that one is the least sustainable of the three as it merely anchors you for a time.

Pin a war down with immob follow up with cripple/chill so they cannot leap duh heck out of combat on a whim or dog you down if you are trying to escape for example, this chance denies any retreat function to professions who aren’t able to blip across a map and makes those who can dart about like a bee uncatcable

How many times have you been caught in a fight with a thief a war an ele etc who speced for movement and you couldn’t get away unless you managed to chill/cripple? well kiss those chances goodbye.

Cripple has one simple function and thats being made utterly pointless, chill barely survives cause of the recharge affect and the upcoming damage for reapers.

SO PLEASE ANET DON’T DO IT LEAVE THIS STUFF ALONE

Honor, Kindness, Patience, are Virtues; Virtues are practiced~ Loyalty & respect are earned

Regard others as you would normally, the internet is not justification for mistreating others

Galeskyring.9617

Didn’t intend for this topic to be so big sorry, but I needed to vent and make it clear that while this change is simple its a very bad one.

Honor, Kindness, Patience, are Virtues; Virtues are practiced~ Loyalty & respect are earned

Regard others as you would normally, the internet is not justification for mistreating others

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

They still serve their functions as a condition, they just don’t affect dash skills anymore. Keep in mind that you still have access to the same dash skills (provided you play a profession that has access to one), too, so you can keep up. Also swiftness boon and signets say hello. Learn to adapt, and don’t complain before trying it out.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

I don’t know. I kind of agree with Gale on this one. It just makes sense to leave the cripple/chill effect on the dash skills. If my leg is damaged to the point that I can barely walk, I’m definitely not going to use it to leap 20 feet. And sometimes people use movement based skills to get an edge in combat, which is fine. But the only real counter to those builds is the ability to take away their speed with cripple or chill skills. Now you’re taking that away. The key to a balanced game is making sure every type of build has something that can counter it. Like rock/paper/scissors.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

(provided you play a profession that has access to one)

This is the part that I feel is a bit unfair about this. Necros would like a word with the developers. In my humble, worthless, and only somewhat educated opinion, I do not like this mobility change.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

They still serve their functions as a condition, they just don’t affect dash skills anymore. Keep in mind that you still have access to the same dash skills (provided you play a profession that has access to one), too, so you can keep up. Also swiftness boon and signets say hello. Learn to adapt, and don’t complain before trying it out.

You don’t need to play this to realize that it’s honestly pretty bad. It’ll so easy to escape now that it’s not even funny, and whoever you’re fighting can’t do anything about it, even if they try to cripple/whatever you. It takes a fair bit of “play” out of the game.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Galeskyring.9617

Hay remember that time you saved a teammate from a a war using bull rush by dropping a cripple on him so he fell short of downing your friend? well that’s all it is now, a memory you broke his leg but he still lept forty feet to kill someone.

An enemy caught a cold cause it was too chilly so he couldn’t run away, now he’s magically immune to hypothermia.

In no way is this anything but a huge nerf that puts a gap to a lot of things and takes away some clever play with cripple or chill that we got now.

Like I said i like/love a lot of the other changes but they aren’t worth it if i cannot pin my enemy down to kill them!

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

You don’t need to play this to realize that it’s honestly pretty bad. It’ll so easy to escape now that it’s not even funny, and whoever you’re fighting can’t do anything about it, even if they try to cripple/whatever you. It takes a fair bit of “play” out of the game.

I stand by my point. Learn to adapt, and don’t complain until you’ve actually seen/played the changes in action.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Posted by: Vink.6453

Vink.6453

bump
I fully agree with OP

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

Wait, do you mean “neutering”? I got halfway through your post thinking “nuder” was some weird mispelling of murder.

Posted by: Riranor.6315

Riranor.6315

I stand by my point. Learn to adapt, and don’t complain until you’ve actually seen/played the changes in action.

Mr.Wubzy’s got the right idea. That’s all I got to add.

Crystal Desert Server, one of each classes at 80
Main Mesmer PVE, Necro and Engineer PVP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Unless Anet backs off these changes the competitive aspect of this game is going to become pretty frustrating. Class balance is apparently going to get flushed down the mystic forge.

Galeskyring.9617

Unless Anet backs off these changes the competitive aspect of this game is going to become pretty frustrating. Class balance is apparently going to get flushed down the mystic forge.

Not that they weren’t already doing that with railed choices in the new spec system, this is just another nail in the coffin…..

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

And again, you don’t need to play with the changes to know that they’ll result in a net reduction of skill required to play the game at its higher levels.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

I think they should do like this:

Chill: Reduces Cooldown and Movement Speed by 66%

Cripple: Reduces Movement Speed by 50% and Leap Distance by 33%

Chill is already an incredibly powerful condition, while Cripple in comparison is lackluster. This will make Cripple more useful in that it’s the best way to deal with enemies trying to disengage from a fight, while Chill will be better for ruining overall combat mobility and utility.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Thiefs problem is stealth not movement..

why run away when you can just pop out of existence with no possible way of being discovered by another player without a special item they may or may not be carrying

this also applies to Mesmers as well

Stealth has always been an unbalanced mechanic that many people have just found annoying and cheap and this has not changed since the game launched either

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

As a necro main this is even more of a death sentence in wvw. Not like I was going to get away anyway, but I could get lucky and snag a nike warrior at just the right moment and derail his absurd movement combos. Considering nike war relies almost entirely on leaps/dashes/arcing slice etc and not regular foot speed it will mean war is as uncatchable, if not more uncatchable than thief.

I can’t understand why they want this change or who its supposed to benefit.

I get the feeling all of the condi changes have been made with pve players in mind and all pvp aspects have been shoved off the table to make balancing simpler.
I wish they’d just separate pvp and pve systems, at least a little.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I’m seeing warriors fighting then disengaging though the zerg in WvW using GS3 and 4 then switching to sword, leaping away then stripping all movement modifiers with WH 4 and be done with it. then wave from afar and laugh.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Galeskyring.9617

Hopefully arenanet will listen to its community and not go through this this specific change, all else in what the discussed there is fine, nice refreshing changes but this bit towards cripple and chill I hope they do not go forward with.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Not on the fore or against side at this point since still pondering.

That said, have to wonder if this is also part counter to the WvW side and the stability changes. This might balance out some of the changes to open field combat where people lost the ability to stability push. The other part that is unknown is if there are additional changes to be announced as we move forward with the other specializations. Downside to receiving information in bit sized pieces is not seeing the full picture they have drawn out there yet. Nothing wrong with voicing concern now, but will have to see.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I think people are over dramatizing this change. Classes that can already disengage with ease will continue to disengage with ease. Classes that don’t still won’t. Nothing has changed.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

eyestrain.3056

I think people are over dramatizing this change. Classes that can already disengage with ease will continue to disengage with ease. Classes that don’t still won’t. Nothing has changed.

The mobility of classes is not changing but the ability to catch those classes is going to be nerfed very hard. If you don’t agree with this I can only guess that you don’t pvp or wvw roam enough to worry about it.

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Except that immobile professions (namely Necro) just lost any hope of locking anyone but a Necro into combat with them. Literally everyone will be able to escape a Necro with ease.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Julie Yann.5379

Except that immobile professions (namely Necro) just lost any hope of locking anyone but a Necro into combat with them. Literally everyone will be able to escape a Necro with ease.

The mobility of classes is not changing but the ability to catch those classes is going to be nerfed very hard. If you don’t agree with this I can only guess that you don’t pvp or wvw roam enough to worry about it.

Roaming is all I do. This changes nothing, those builds that can run away already do and there is nothing you can do about it at the moment anyway so how is this going to be any different?

BTW, Necros can spec to be mobile but most choose not too. They prefer ranged condi spamming cause it’s faceroll easy.

Don’t forget that Anet will also be introducing new conditions like slow and taunt so maybe we should all wait and see how it all plays out.

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

BTW, Necros can spec to be mobile but most choose not too. They prefer ranged condi spamming cause it’s faceroll easy.

Don’t forget that Anet will also be introducing new conditions like slow and taunt so maybe we should all wait and see how it all plays out.

No, no they can’t. Most roaming Necros already use every mobility skill the profession has. They’re still sitting ducks unless they can pull a Spectral Walk juke.

Right now, they can sometimes prevent escapes due to cutting the distance an opponent runs with a leap. If this change goes through, they won’t have a prayer of keeping people in combat.

Also, Taunt is not a condition! Slow doesn’t affect people’s ability to move.

I’m a Geeleiver

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Not being affected by movement conditions was one of the top reasons for the Ride the Lightning nerf on Elementalists. The good thing to do is to either do the RtL treatment to all leap skills, un-nerf RtL, or don’t continue with this change.

eyestrain.3056

Roaming is all I do. This changes nothing, those builds that can run away already do and there is nothing you can do about it at the moment anyway so how is this going to be any different?

Sometimes I keep both flesh wurm and spec walk on my bar as well as offhand warhorn when I know i’m going to be dodging zergs. This change isn’t so much about my necro being able to run away- its about my necro having 0 chance to get any class outside of mesmer or another necro in combat and keep them from just peacing out into the sunset since I have no real way to catch up to them without chill/cripple/immob. It really makes the hyped up 100% chill time for new spec seem kind of pointless. Yeah, it makes footspeed slower and increases cooldown but my days as a wvw solo roamer that’s able to kill anything before it runs away seem numbered.

Julie Yann.5379

Sometimes I keep both flesh wurm and spec walk on my bar as well as offhand warhorn when I know i’m going to be dodging zergs. This change isn’t so much about my necro being able to run away- its about my necro having 0 chance to get any class outside of mesmer or another necro in combat and keep them from just peacing out into the sunset since I have no real way to catch up to them without chill/cripple/immob. It really makes the hyped up 100% chill time for new spec seem kind of pointless. Yeah, it makes footspeed slower and increases cooldown but my days as a wvw solo roamer that’s able to kill anything before it runs away seem numbered.

I believe this the what brought on this change. 100% chill uptime would be crazy OP vs melee classes that don’t have access to teleports.

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I believe this the what brought on this change. 100% chill uptime would be crazy OP vs melee classes that don’t have access to teleports.

It’s like the “don’t get caught because it won’t end well for you” was actually going to be difficult to get away from if you got caught! We can’t have things working out as they were designed to!

I’m a Geeleiver

Julie Yann.5379

It’s like the “don’t get caught because it won’t end well for you” was actually going to be difficult to get away from if you got caught! We can’t have things working out as they were designed to!

I think the heart of the problem stems from trying to balance 3 game modes at once. In PvP without access to food 100% chill uptime would be OP so the change to how it affects movement skills is somewhat balanced in that regard.

In WvW for those running trait+melandru/lenomgrass 100% chill up time is insignificant but it would still insanely strong vs builds that don’t use l the food and runes. Leaving movement skills the way they were would make chill unless against one and OP against the other. With the new changes it will still be useless against one but is somewhat balanced with the other.

Know don’t know if chill ever had any real use in PvE but anything is OP vs a stupid scripted AI.

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I think the heart of the problem stems from trying to balance 3 game modes at once. In PvP without access to food 100% chill uptime would be OP so the change to how it affects movement skills is somewhat balanced in that regard.

In WvW for those running trait+melandru/lenomgrass 100% chill up time is insignificant but it would still insanely strong vs builds that don’t use l the food and runes. Leaving movement skills the way they were would make chill unless against one and OP against the other. With the new changes it will still be useless against one but is somewhat balanced with the other.

Know don’t know if chill ever had any real use in PvE but anything is OP vs a stupid scripted AI.

I’ve never seen Dranor quite like this but it’s a nice change.

But here is the thing. Mobility currently dominated everything right now. And yes, necros (including myself) are most upset by this because of the fact our entire specialization was based around using chill to lock down opponents. Now, it’s just not going to happen, while people running Melandru runes with lemongrass in WvWvW do happen, I see most people running with whatever food compliments their build. Also the so called 100% chill uptime is a myth, it would only happen under very very very specific circumstances. You would need to constantly be getting hit by the necro greatsword 3rd AA swing…really, who is that dumb? And also, condition cleanse, every class has some in one form of another, and most things that remove cripple will remove chill as well.

There is no good reason behind this change whatsoever, all it’s doing is dumbing down the game and making mobility more ridiculous than it already is. And it’s a giant middle finger to every necromancer, hell even eles.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Skill splits……………This change would be great for PvE. For PvP and WvW? This is awful.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Yeah, I’m a bit bitter on this. More than a bit, really, as it strips the Reaper of its teeth before the Reaper even makes it to beta. We finally have the hope of a setup that actually fulfills the Devs vision of us being hard to escape from and then they make it so any Necro build is escapable by any dash or leap skill you like.

I’m a Geeleiver

Julie Yann.5379

But here is the thing. Mobility currently dominated everything right now. And yes, necros (including myself) are most upset by this because of the fact our entire specialization was based around using chill to lock down opponents. Now, it’s just not going to happen, while people running Melandru runes with lemongrass in WvWvW do happen, I see most people running with whatever food compliments their build. Also the so called 100% chill uptime is a myth, it would only happen under very very very specific circumstances. You would need to constantly be getting hit by the necro greatsword 3rd AA swing…really, who is that dumb? And also, condition cleanse, every class has some in one form of another, and most things that remove cripple will remove chill as well.

There is no good reason behind this change whatsoever, all it’s doing is dumbing down the game and making mobility more ridiculous than it already is. And it’s a giant middle finger to every necromancer, hell even eles.

At the moment nobody knows how it will play out because Anet has only been feeding us little scraps of information and none of us can get a clear picture of how everything will interact. I don’t know whether these changes are good or bad, I just get the feeling that people are making a mountain out of a mole hill and that after a few weeks people will have adapted and realize that the change wasn’t that earth shattering after all. Who knows, maybe Anet will be changing distances and CDs of our movement skills.

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I also find these changes silly. It wont be so bad in pvp, but for wvw, a nightmare. Don’t oversimplify the game to the point you lose your current market. A lot of us have stuck around with the game for years, buying gems, and enjoying finding subtleties in your game. First time I superspeed rocket jumped, I nearly died of awesome. I kept trying to get over cliffs etc, good times. Even after 1 year, I love the combo. When I learned that you can use instant skills like steal mid move and cloak and dagger from a distance. All these little things, along with the atmosphere and story of the game create a great environment.

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

At the moment nobody knows how it will play out because Anet has only been feeding us little scraps of information and none of us can get a clear picture of how everything will interact. I don’t know whether these changes are good or bad, I just get the feeling that people are making a mountain out of a mole hill and that after a few weeks people will have adapted and realize that the change wasn’t that earth shattering after all. Who knows, maybe Anet will be changing distances and CDs of our movement skills.

I honestly do hope you’re right, and if the change turns out to be something like “They move the same distance, but travel slower.”, than I will gladly come out and say I was wrong and am sorry for complaining as much as I did. Save this post and hold me to it.

But for right now, all we have to go on is a worse case scenario, that being chill and cripple becoming near useless.

Yeah, I’m a bit bitter on this. More than a bit, really, as it strips the Reaper of its teeth before the Reaper even makes it to beta. We finally have the hope of a setup that actually fulfills the Devs vision of us being hard to escape from and then they make it so any Necro build is escapable by any dash or leap skill you like.

Feel the same way. Exact same way.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

(edited by TheLastNobody.8319)

eyestrain.3056

Skill splits……………This change would be great for PvE. For PvP and WvW? This is awful.

I agree. I wish Anet would consider it.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/separating-pve-and-pvp-condition-effects

Galeskyring.9617

Pulling the reapers teeth out is a perfect analogy here, cause they DID hard sell us the chill as a means of controlling someone’s movement since this Is a melee shroud not a ranged shroud like the current necro F1

Its quite hard to picture a chill focused spec being useful when the center of its gravity was movement manipulation to make its attacks stay in range given instead of shooting globs of life you are slinging a big scythe and all.

all reaper offers with this change is A less damage from chilled foes (if you pick that trait.) and chill doing damage (again If you pick that trait.)

A future spec already hard nerfed out of existence after being sold on it for the chill function, pulling its teeth out is a perfect way to put it.

And who knows one of the specs we haven’t seen might actually be cripple focused similar to the reaper UUGH already hard nerfed if that is the case.

I am not even that into necromancer BUT the reaper got me so psyched up for the idea cause i always wanted to roam the battlefield swinging a big scythe and always hoped chill would become somewhat more then a random pop-shot condition, reaper gave both, i even made a concept build to utilize chill on a necro alt but now it all feels for naught and that’s just one profession, my main isn’t currently showing promise of growth either.

We can hope though, that anet does listen to the community and doesn’t go ahead with this bad change. If they got a legitimate excuse for it they should just TELL US instead of dropping a bomb and showing no sign of sending in a bomb squad to show us everything is gonna be alright.

(edited by Galeskyring.9617)

eyestrain.3056

Guardian elite spec with longbow has bouncing cripple on autoattack if I remember correctly.

Honestly if they feel reaper/guard elite soft cc is going to be OP i’d rather they nerf that than the effectiveness of soft cc.

Galeskyring.9617

Guardian elite spec with longbow has bouncing cripple on autoattack if I remember correctly.

Honestly if they feel reaper/guard elite soft cc is going to be OP i’d rather they nerf that than the effectiveness of soft cc.

Oh yes I forgot about that, so yeah already putting DH and reaper in a grave, it would just be wiser to tone the specs down instead of hard nerfing everything else.

Pulling reaper teeth & clipping hunters wings.

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

You are so misinformed its incredible. First of all I haven’t seen a single necro roaming without flesh wurm, spectral walk, or warhorn on their bar. Claiming that this somehow results in them being “mobile” is laughable.

100% chill uptime is easily maintainable on a huge range of builds as is. Around launch there was a load of hype around chillmaxing eles/rangers and whatnot. Then we all figured out how badly it sucks, and so few people run it that you’re now talking about it like some sort of hypothetical.

Don’t ever use the term “melee classes” again. Thats godkitten embarrassing.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

Julie Yann.5379

You are so misinformed its incredible. First of all I haven’t seen a single necro roaming without flesh wurm, spectral walk, or warhorn on their bar. Claiming that this somehow results in them being “mobile” is laughable.

100% chill uptime is easily maintainable on a huge range of builds as is. Around launch there was a load of hype around chillmaxing eles/rangers and whatnot. Then we all figured out how badly it sucks, and so few people run it that you’re now talking about it like some sort of hypothetical.

Don’t ever use the term “melee classes” again. Thats godkitten embarrassing.

Melee class

Galeskyring.9617

Each day this doom ticks closer, here’s hoping anet sees reason and listens to the community.

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

A few ticks from dead last night in PvP. Cripped and ran from a war. His leap fell short. Buying me just enough time for health to come off CD. Turned around and took him out. This was AMAZING. now… I’ll just die. And he won’t /S “wow, nice move. GG”

He also managed to get away from me just fine 1-2 times in the same match by just waiting for me to crip at the wrong time.

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

Hopefully arenanet will listen to its community and not go through this this specific change, all else in what the discussed there is fine, nice refreshing changes but this bit towards cripple and chill I hope they do not go forward with.

You mean NOT listen to the highly vocal tiny minority on the forums?

FYI, immobilization was the counterplay to gap closer skills. Cant use those skills when you’re locked from moving at all.

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

FYI, immobilization was the counterplay to gap closer skills. Cant use those skills when you’re locked from moving at all.

Let me guess, Thief or Warrior main.

Necro mains are almost universally against this change. Mesmers and Eles are probably ambivalent, Engineers, Guardians, and Rangers likely find it fair, and Thieves and Warrior mains seem to think it’s a fantastic idea.

Unsurprisingly, this lines up with how good or bad this change is to the particular profession. Warriors have no chills and few cripples, but tons of dashes/leaps. Of course they want this change to go through! Necros, meanwhile, rely on cripples and chill to have any hope of keeping someone in combat with them and have no dashes or leaps themselves. This change is harsh, harsh nerf to the profession.

I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

Most ele players hate it too. effectively yet another RTL nerf compared to all the other skills, and eles are pretty limited on soft cc outside of chill.

I haven’t seen a single person in game with an attitude towards this change better than “i don’t care i play war lol.” You can’t just bring out the vocal minority argument when the people in favor are an even smaller minority with worse arguments

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Let me guess, Thief or Warrior main.

Necro mains are almost universally against this change. Mesmers and Eles are probably ambivalent, Engineers, Guardians, and Rangers likely find it fair, and Thieves and Warrior mains seem to think it’s a fantastic idea.

Unsurprisingly, this lines up with how good or bad this change is to the particular profession. Warriors have no chills and few cripples, but tons of dashes/leaps. Of course they want this change to go through! Necros, meanwhile, rely on cripples and chill to have any hope of keeping someone in combat with them and have no dashes or leaps themselves. This change is harsh, harsh nerf to the profession.

It’s a nerf to necro and eles. Omitting again the fact that chill affects elementalists twice more than other classes they are reducing it’s effect on other classes like warriors, that have twice bigger health pool and do as much damage. It’s a recipe for a balance disaster.

A few ticks from dead last night in PvP. Cripped and ran from a war. His leap fell short. Buying me just enough time for health to come off CD. Turned around and took him out. This was AMAZING. now… I’ll just die. And he won’t /S “wow, nice move. GG”

He also managed to get away from me just fine 1-2 times in the same match by just waiting for me to crip at the wrong time.

THIS. Perfect example of why it’s a bad idea to nerf cripple.

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

As long as the time of the dash is affected since the distance is what they care about I’m calm if not let the flames spread because I doubt they will rebalance dashes anyway right away if they will that is.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Most ele players hate it too. effectively yet another RTL nerf compared to all the other skills, and eles are pretty limited on soft cc outside of chill.

I haven’t seen a single person in game with an attitude towards this change better than “i don’t care i play war lol.” You can’t just bring out the vocal minority argument when the people in favor are an even smaller minority with worse arguments

Isn’t RTL already functioning this way, though?

I’m a Geeleiver