Feedback/Questions: The Wardrobe System

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sion.2603

sion.2603

I agree that having the physical Legendary still has higher value due to the ability to:
1) Change stats at will
2) Always be best in slot (item level)

Though I feel that a large(if not majority) of the value from having a Legendary comes with the aesthetic, and if I had the option of reskinning an Ascended weapon with an application of the Wardrobe Legendary skin I think most people would choose that option instead of making a second identical Legendary.

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

YES, 3-1 rate for shards to charges!

I knew saving those 500 stupid shards would be useful one day lol.

exactly my thoughts

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

Posted by: Korimor.2406

Korimor.2406

hmm yup, I have 3 incinerators along with 15 other legendaries inc eternity. Am looking forward to how this will play out exactly

Maguuma – “The Legendary Guy”
Jedi – Revenant, Tylox – Thief, Roeina – Ele, Korimor – Warrior
youtube.com/user/KorimorSWG

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

The only thing about the new wardrobe that bugs me: I’m one of many people who bought multiple copies of the same gemshop skin for different characters/sets. For example my thief owns two statwise different sets of viper armour.
Since transmutation crystals are by far less expensive than a full set of armour skins, the question is, will there be compensation for people who bought multiple copies of gemshop skins?

Edit: Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love the addition of the new wardrobe system and the new accountbound dye system.
But this one point still bugs me.

Another (maybe minor) thing: If unidentified dyes are removed from loottables, won’t that make crafting the Bifrost incredibly pricey?
Or will we see the addition of a new reipe for the Mystic forge to create unidentified dyes? The only one I currently know of is with PvP materials, a PvE variant might be needed/much appreciated.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

(edited by Silberfisch.3046)

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I will not be using this new feature as it costs transmutation charges.

Posted by: maestrochino.7104

maestrochino.7104

I wonder how anet will deal with the twilight + sunrise = eternity forging after the patch. It would not seem fair to unlock sunrise and twilight skins and still be able to sell eternity for profit.

Jade Quarry
Eternity, The Juggernaut, Kudzu…

sion.2603

While this issue will no doubt apply to a very limited group of players, I do hope Anet comes up with some sort of solution to ease us along the way!

1 for 1 Legendary skin swap perhaps?
But what about those who have 2 of each and every skin ._.

I don’t know.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

The transmutation charges seem a fine balance between functionality and monetization, and the whole system seems awesome, but it still leaves one problem out: you’ll still need to carry multiple copies of gear if you want to save your favourite looks to use them freely.

For this reason, to all anet devs reading this thread, I suggest the following: add a skin template load/ saving feature to the game, that allows you to store your favourite combinations and load them for free (no transmutation charges). However, in order to rpeserve monetaztion, make the maximum amount of skin tempaltes stored to be really low (like, 1 template per character), and allow players to buy more template slots in the gem store, or with a high number of transmutation charges.

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

I would be running on the walls right now, but I don’t really understand the system:

Will I still have my regular armor pieces in my bag (i.e. CoE light leggings with Exotic Zerker stats and a Scholar Rune) with stats and skin intact?

And I now have the possibility to use a Transmutation Charge to apply the Arah light leggings-skin. . .

(Which I’ve previously bought on another character, and therefor added in the Wardrobe)

. . . to those other leggings?

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

My problem is I have 2 pieces of clothing, a top and a bottom, that I wear in the town clothes slot.

On April 15th, do I come in the game in my underwear with nothing but my town boots on, and every time I zone, I have to click two ‘endless tonics’ to put my shirt and pants on.

They are just terrible at telling us anything. Is the idea to make it so inconvenient to use the item that it discourages using things you got rid of?

And ‘why’ did you get rid of them? Some old shirts, shorts, pants. Why? Values? NASCAR? Balance the threat of Neil on Sunday nights now?

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

My thoughts about the legendary issue follow on from the others here.

I wonder how it will affect the costs of legendaries, I can see a demand for tradeable weapons just to unlock the skin and then resell.

It will be interesting. I could mean more demand as this might make more people consider getting one, but at the same time, if one wanted Sunrise on two characters, you no longer need two Sunrises.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

The only thing i’m going to hate about this is not having 100% wardrobe unlocked because of discontinued skins XD

Same here, .
but I also dislike the need for the charges, unless they’re easier to get without having to buy them from the gemstore only.

Since the article doesn’t say anything about skin items, what are we going to do with the ones we already have? Like the SAB skins, I have probably at least 5-10 of the first backpack one, can we still use them as we could before? (is it going to allow us to skin an item without taking a transmute charge?)
Really hope we can get an answer to this.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I like this new wardrobe. If I bought multiple sets of gem store skins, will I be refunded them, however? If this wardrobe delivers in the way I expect it to, I’ll eat the cost, but say I have one or two unused sets?

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

The only thing about the new wardrobe that bugs me: I’m one on many people who bought multiple copies of the same gemshop skin for different characters/sets. For example my thief owns two statwise different sets of viper armour.
Since transmutation crystals are by far less expensive than a full set of armour skins, the questionis, will there be compensation for people who bought multiple copies of gemshop skins?

They will give u a refund like they always do if something like this happens, just open a support ticket when the patch goes live and they didn’t fix it already then.

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

Now that I get all the dyes from my main. Might be time to retire the vegetable thief and create a human one.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

In honor of this system change, I’ll make up a new warrior much like the one they posted in the blog.
Since he reminds me of Lee Christmas from Expendables, I’ll need to come up with an appropriate name.

This new development is pretty much what I wanted from them when it comes to armor. For months I was so scared to not pick up any new designs because I didn’t want to lose the look of my other armor. Now that fear is pretty much gone.

I may have different armor sets based on stats now.
I won’t feel the need to keep hoarding lower level armor just because I might use that look later!

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

Early days…maybe Legendary skins won’t even be available in the wardrobe.

sion.2603

“If you have an item that has gone through skin progression, like a legendary weapon or one of the Spinal Blade backpacks from the “Escape from Lion’s Arch” and “Battle for Lion’s Arch” releases, you will unlock all of the skins in that direct line of progression. That means that if you made Twilight, you will have access to both the Twilight and Dusk skins across your entire account. "

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-wardrobe-system/

I think this could be construed as evidence for Legendary skins being available in the wardrobe xD

Posted by: Link.4039

Link.4039

We don’t quite know how it’s going to work yet, or what costume items are going to be affected. So just be patient and hope for the best

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Legendary costs aren’t equivalent though.

Posted by: crazy.9083

crazy.9083

wow awesome, can’t wait. finally something to get excited about!

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

As an altoholic, I bought lots of each skin…. But I’m not going to request a refund on them.

I think it’s because, personally, this system they are implementing (as long as it retroactively adds our armors and skins to the wardrobe which I’m still confused about) is so far beyond what I expected, that I would actually rather buy gems than get any back. They are implementing something we begged for, for a year or longer. And I’m not sure anyone expected them to include weapon skins in this, or at least I never thought there would be a simple gem cost to get my bifrost on more than one character).

Tonight, I’m going to buy a few transmutation crystals. I have 135 of them already, but I want to make sure I have enough so that if charges are really expensive, that I have backups.

I’m starved for more information. I want to know what the limitations are. I want to know what the costs are. I want to know how to be prepared to outfit my 16 characters.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

sion.2603

Legendary costs aren’t equivalent though.

True. Good point.

crazy.9083

I would be running on the walls right now, but I don’t really understand the system:

Will I still have my regular armor pieces in my bag (i.e. CoE light leggings with Exotic Zerker stats and a Scholar Rune) with stats and skin intact?

And I now have the possibility to use a Transmutation Charge to apply the Arah light leggings-skin. . .

(Which I’ve previously bought on another character, and therefor added in the Wardrobe)

Yes, YES! dances

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m really happy about the change to armor/weapon skins.

But I’ve got to say I’m a bit disappointed that town clothes will become just 1 set. I put off getting any of them for ages because I didn’t like any of the complete sets.

Eventually I got the pirate costume specifically because I could use the top (and trousers, which are attached) on one character, the boots on another and the hat on a 3rd. Now it sounds like I won’t have that option any more, I’ll be forced to use the entire thing together (which I don’t like on any of my characters) or not at all.

I think I’ll be contacting Support about a refund. Which they may not give me since I’ve had it for a few months, but it’s worth a try since I won’t be using the outfit (or any town clothes) any more.

I like this new wardrobe. If I bought multiple sets of gem store skins, will I be refunded them, however? If this wardrobe delivers in the way I expect it to, I’ll eat the cost, but say I have one or two unused sets?

I assume they’ll say something about this before the patch comes out, but if not it might be worth contacting Support to ask.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Overview
The new wardrobe systemis very appealing and streamlined, and the transmutation charges seem to be at a fine balance between functionality and monetization.

A Detected Problem
You’ll still need to carry multiple copies of gear if you want to save your favourite looks and use them freely. This is daunting for characters will full ascended gear.

Solutions
Add a asving/ loading skin template feature to the game, that would allow you to store your favourite skin+dye combinations (for the full set) and load them for free (no transmutation charges).

However, in order to preserve monetization, make the maximum amount of skin stored to be really low (possibly, 1 template per character), and allow players to buy more template slots in the gem store, or with a high number of transmutation charges.

In other words, make it like the infinite gathering tools or the bank slot tabs: at a high gem cost, your account will be able to store +1 (up to a maximum amount) skin templates for free for each character. Meanwhile, give to all players 1 slot per character by default.

Conclusion
Players like to have a specific look or a set of looks where they feel at home, where they feel that it defines their character the most. This system would allow those players to switch to their most personal look/s anytime they want without restrictions.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

Yes, YES! dances

*Runs on the walls, laughing with bliss *

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

skullmount.1758

I wonder how anet will deal with the twilight + sunrise = eternity forging after the patch. It would not seem fair to unlock sunrise and twilight skins and still be able to sell eternity for profit.

Well as Healix said, you’re going to need to equip/salvage/rightclick accountbind it, in which all three cases, you won’t be able to sell it after.

Darkhaven server

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

You have had the privilege/enjoyment/benefit of using those weapons all this time until now. Why expect compensation? Balance changes and markets move in many ways that, in hindsight, may have motivated you to act differently. This change is no different.

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

I think this could be construed as evidence for Legendary skins being available in the wardrobe xD

Yeah, I worded that badly. I meant perhaps they would re-think that.

Otherwise we are going to see a legendary explosion of Legendaries…

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

How will this work with incoming pvp/pve gear unification? Will we have to pay for changing looks in pvp?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

as opposed to the old system… which cost transmutation charges?

Posted by: maestrochino.7104

maestrochino.7104

Well as Healix said, you’re going to need to equip/salvage/rightclick accountbind it, in which all three cases, you won’t be able to sell it after.

You can bind twilight and sunrise, and when u craft eternity, you can choose to not bind it and sell it instead. U get the gold and the 2 legendary skins.

Jade Quarry
Eternity, The Juggernaut, Kudzu…

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I am also a little confused … it seems I still need to carry around three or four sets of armor to keep the different stat options … is that right? The difference being I don’t need 4 lots of one armor type as well?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Using gold to do things that you want in an mmorpg novel thing i know but its good to give gold a long lasting valuable to it. If ppl want to spend real life money on such things that up to them but your still able to use in game gold to pay for this cost. I am sry but to simply give it for free will do nothing more but devalue gold to pointlessness. You could give every thing for free but then what would you have to work for?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

People already have the tendency to play the toon/weaponset they have a legendary on no matter how bad it is for the content they are doing(twilight/sunrise/eternity camping mesmers, Predator camping engis in dungeons etc.) so it’s not that big of a difference.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Its unclear for me also…
Example:

I have 2 banks slots full of fractal weapons…
If i get a character to level 80 and equip all the weapons on it, does it mean i can then salvage all the originals? (they have no stats anyway).

Or since they are already accountbound could i just salvage them without even equipping?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Everything sounds good, well except for the chances to town clothes but everything else sounds good.

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Hmm wonder if it will be possible to transmute light armor looks onto a heavy armor character. Don’t think it mentions any restrictions to the system other than it costing charges.

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

A dream come true. A change I can truly applaud, though more information on how transmutation charges will work is severely needed.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I don’t see anything wrong with allowing for the skin unlock in the wardrobe for legendaries. You have to own one in order to unlock it in the first place. After that, having an ‘actual’ legendary is much more valuable than having simply the skin of one, considering it’s guarantees – always bis, swapping stats ooc, etc. That said, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t have access to the skin after acquisition, if you so choose.

And this

you will unlock all of the skins in that direct line of progression. That means that if you made Twilight, you will have access to both the Twilight and Dusk skins across your entire account

does pretty much call out that legendary skins will be in the wardrobe.

chuckle I think that first ‘twilight’ is supposed to be ‘eternity’ but typo on the blogger’s part.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Posted by: JBDanger.2603

JBDanger.2603

I’ve purchased several Skins from the Gem store in the past and they have long since been transmuted. I was wondering if this will be retroactive where I will have access to all the skins I Purchased in the past.

ZudetGambeous.9573

Hmm wonder if it will be possible to transmute light armor looks onto a heavy armor character. Don’t think it mentions any restrictions to the system other than it costing charges.

I was also wondering this…

crazy.9083

Not sure how..you can still only play one toon at a time = same amount of legendaries in game as now

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

I was also wondering this…

99.99% sure it’s going to be like the PvP locker.

You can’t.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

skullmount.1758

Good point, they don’t mention anything about that. I highly doubt that will be the case, but its still a possibility, I guess.

Darkhaven server

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-wardrobe-system/

Okay so I’m reading this and I’m kind of confused, will armor skins be available across light, medium and heavy tiers? It kind of looks like that’s a no by the last picture, but I’d like to get closure because I’m currently in the middle of leveling a toon that could be adversely affected by such a change.

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

I actually equipped sunrise and twilight too before selling Eternity, but I don’t expect anet to give me those skins back(I’ll be happy to get them though lol).

As for things you crafted and sold(without soulbinding first), you definitely won’t have them in your wardrobe.

ZudetGambeous.9573

Questions:

1. Do racial restrictions still apply to the wardrobe system?

2. Do armor weight restrictions apply to the wardrobe system?

3. Does the number of transmutation charges required depends on anything?

4. Will past LS skins that we have since deleted or transmutted over multiple times be available to us if we have the corresponding achievements? ( I accidently deleted my mad king backpack 6 months ago…)

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

While I surely welcome the changes to the ways skins are going to be applied, and have to commend Anet for the great changes coming with the April Feature Pack, one of the incoming changes regarded the Wardrobe System has left a little sour taste :p

I am the fortunate(unfortunate) owner of 2 identical Legendary Weapons, and with the impending change allowing people with 1 Legendary to skin over as many weapons as they want across their whole account, this has made me feel like there is a diminution of value in my 2nd Legendary

This may just be me feeling entitled and what have you, I somewhat agree, though I just thought I’d get this rant out of the way.

I still love the direction that these changes are going in though, it’s just tragic that I happen to be part of the collateral damage.

But those people won’t have the option to change their stats whenever they want

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.