Feedback/Questions: The Wardrobe System

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yep. If you currently have Eternity equipped, you will automatically unlock the following skins:

1. Eternity
2. Twilight
3. Sunrise
4. Dusk
5. Dawn

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

wow, so they gonna charge pvp players transmutation crystals for the pvp wardrobe as well now? that is unexpected.

Zaxares.5419

Mmhmm. Then again, you should have guessed this was coming when they took out Glory and replaced it with Gold.

Posted by: Questionable.4631

Questionable.4631

Nice, Wasn’t sure if it would apply to pvp skins or not
Pretty excited about this since I’ll now have the CoE armor and bits of the Arah armor at my disposal to use in PvE.
And get to use some of my cultural armor from PvE in PvP.

Posted by: phantom.1675

phantom.1675

“Unlocked skins can be applied to items infinitely (for just one Transmutation Charge), which makes it much less stressful to try out a new look for your character, since you can always switch back (for just one more Transmutation Charge)!”

Wait. That’s how its going to work? Not just unlock with a charge/crystal then use it as you like? No playing dress-up willy nilly? Well, this is bloody pointless.

yeah a lot of people are hyped, but looks like it will basically be the same as current system in practice, with most of the flaws, though a few benefits.

Yep. It benefits people who have been hoarding skins but not those who would like to have a few looks hot-swappable onto the same stat armor (which would make me unlock charge a lot more skins). As it stands, ill get a bunch of unlocks from the stuff I currently have, probably buy full dungeon sets and salvage them just to fill the thing up, and then pretend this update never happened. It certainly won’t make me buy more stones/charges cuz I already like the look I have, but wouldnt mind a second one if there was a one time cost to having the option to switch between a few.

Oh well, at least they did something besides LS.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Mmhmm. Then again, you should have guessed this was coming when they took out Glory and replaced it with Gold.

hmmm never mind doesn’t matter to me anyway since i wear heritage armor only.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

wow, so they gonna charge pvp players transmutation crystals for the pvp wardrobe as well now? that is unexpected.

No, it was pretty much expected. sPvPers are probably the ones using the gem store the least of all players at the moment. ANet wants to tax their wallet a bit, too.

Nothing wrong with that, as it’s all still voluntary and you can still play all parts of the game without paying a single penny beyond the box price.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Nothing wrong with monetizing something that was free for 1.5 years.

Tom Gore.4035

Nothing wrong with monetizing something that was free for 1.5 years.

Times change. You’re still free to choose whether to do it or not (or play the game).

In addition, you’re going to earn gold by playing sPvP, which you can use to buy gems to buy those transmutation charges.

If you’re a pure sPvP player effectively nothing changes, unless you absolutely need to change your look every day.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Are we going to unlock the whole gem store set which is previously purchased? Some specific armor part from the set i’’ve bought is long gone…..

Posted by: Sundar.1735

Sundar.1735

Why not add a physical wardrobe in towns or home instances or perhaps a player house where you need to go to access your wardrobe rather than just making it available on the Hero Panel? I think it would make the game more immersive, albeit less convenient.

Zaxares.5419

As long as you still have part of the gem store skin set (e.g. you bought Braham’s armor set, then dumped everything except the helm), it will detect that and unlock the whole armor set for you. If you bought an entire armor set, then trashed it (e.g. you bought a T2 Cultural armor set for the achievement, then dumped it), then sadly you’re out of luck and you’ll need to re-purchase the set again.

Posted by: Osculim.2983

Osculim.2983

Have they announced if their will be a way to gain the wardrobe charges in game at a reasonable rate?

Short of farming a bunch of stones from map completion before the patch? No. We know little about how we’re getting these charges.

Yep this scares me a little as a person that like my caracters to look cool right from the start not being able to afford to make my new caracters all shiny kinda makes me sad heck i can barely afford to do a set atm with this its gonna be even more expensive. If there is no viable option for us poor normal folk to get these charges im afraid I wont be bothering with this wardrobe thing. Heck it will be cheaper just to buy the armor with a similar look at each 20 levels or so

Crossaber.8934

As long as you still have part of the gem store skin set (e.g. you bought Braham’s armor set, then dumped everything except the helm), it will detect that and unlock the whole armor set for you. If you bought an entire armor set, then trashed it (e.g. you bought a T2 Cultural armor set for the achievement, then dumped it), then sadly you’re out of luck and you’ll need to re-purchase the set again.

are you sure about this, if that so i will be very happy, i salvaged a gem boot before, submitted a support ticket, got an email that i won’t be able to recover my boot, but then days later i found an in game mail that from support, told me to enjoy my recovered item which i don’t seem to find the item ever.

Zaxares.5419

Very sure. Check out the FAQ here for more info:

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/46419166-Wardrobe

haviz.1340

Times change. You’re still free to choose whether to do it or not (or play the game).

In addition, you’re going to earn gold by playing sPvP, which you can use to buy gems to buy those transmutation charges.

If you’re a pure sPvP player effectively nothing changes, unless you absolutely need to change your look every day.

22.5 silver every 15 minutes, that’s a lot of money. And it’s not like gem price conversion is still.

Tom Gore.4035

22.5 silver every 15 minutes, that’s a lot of money. And it’s not like gem price conversion is still.

No it isn’t, but the point is you can still play sPvP without playing a penny.

And heavens forbid if you once in a while supported a game you love and cracked open that RL wallet of yours. I know, controversial thought!

One – Piken Square

Crossaber.8934

Very sure. Check out the FAQ here for more info:

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/46419166-Wardrobe

[Please note that skins or partials skins that you previously purchased but which you no longer possess will not be unlocked on your account.]

Seems no to my case. But thanks anyway.

haviz.1340

And heavens forbid if you once in a while supported a game you love and cracked open that RL wallet of yours. I know, controversial thought!

It is because it was free for 1.5 years and was supposed to be free. How about monetization of crafting? I’m sure you’d be okay with that since you don’t have to do that at all to enjoy the game you love. You can get ascended items through item drops after all.

Zaxares.5419

“If any of your characters are wearing or own any piece of an armor set (such as the Profane armor set or the Magitech armor set), all of the remaining pieces will be unlocked in your Wardrobe in addition to any pieces currently on your character or in your inventory.”

That’s from the first part of the same paragraph. I interpret that to mean that as long as you still have a portion of the gemstore skin, the entire set will be unlocked for you.

Tom Gore.4035

It is because it was free for 1.5 years and was supposed to be free. How about monetization of crafting? I’m sure you’d be okay with that since you don’t have to do that at all to enjoy the game you love. You can get ascended items through item drops after all.

“Transmutation” has only been free for the sPvPers. In other parts of the game we’ve already been paying for it. Maybe the real question is why it has been free for sPvP all along?

What do you mean “was supposed to be free”? Can you show me an announcement where ANet has said that transmuting skins in sPvP will be free forever?

And if they monetize other parts of the game I’ll do just the same I recommended to you – pay up or stop playing. It’s not like you need GW2 to live, do you?

One – Piken Square

Posted by: ProsaicPudding.6437

ProsaicPudding.6437

I actually kind of agree. Stick it in the home instance, in my new house…. That I get to have now please.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’m happy and sad at the same time. The town clothes issue is really a let down. It’s overshadowing how cool everything else announced is. Because my mix n matched towns clothes were the BEST looks I had in game. Though, what they announced is really awesome. Now only if they fixed town clothes and finally removed armor weight restrictions….. Wow, that would be great!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Osculim.2983

What about armor pieces like the scarlet shoulders and gloves ? Since its not bound to class at the start what happens to those ? will it become unlocked to the specific class its used on or will any class be able to use it ? There is so many unawnsered questions about this think its time for anet to clarify on some of these questions.

haviz.1340

“Transmutation” has only been free for the sPvPers. In other parts of the game we’ve already been paying for it. Maybe the real question is why it has been free for sPvP all along?

What do you mean “was supposed to be free”? Can you show me an announcement where ANet has said that transmuting skins in sPvP will be free forever?

And if they monetize other parts of the game I’ll do just the same I recommended to you – pay up or stop playing. It’s not like you need GW2 to live, do you?

There was never any transmutation in pvp.

And yes, I don’t have to play this game. I’m just raising my eyebrows over this change.

Posted by: E Tan.7385

E Tan.7385

now changing traits is made more flexible, i expect we can see such flexibility in our gear as well. in the future, of course. i have seen this coming since 2006. the people have been asking for something like this since then.

source:
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/smart-armor-system-v3-0-t10071643.html

weapons
- change skin (once unlocked)
- change stats (once unlocked)
- change sigils (once unlocked)
- change infusion (once unlocked)
- change infusion type: defensive, offensive, utility (once unlocked)

armor
- change runes (once unlocked)

back item

rings / accessories
- change inventory icon (once unlocked)

the freedom and flexibility to alter the stats of our armor, plus to change our traits on the fly, will mean that save and load build templates is in the works as well!

rejoice!

so, what do you think?
yay or nay?

share your thoughts!
discuss!

So agree with that, especialy for the easy stat swap ( why not include sigils and runes too )
I make a similar suggestion about that

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Gear-and-stat-acquisition/first#post3759274

“we leave the grind to other MMOs.”
Mike Obrien
Legen – Wait for It – dary joke

Posted by: Pjwned.3601

Pjwned.3601

Wow, account bound dyes are REALLY EXCITING, I sure love it when broken promises are finally made up for well over a year later!

Better late than never I suppose, and I will give ANet a miniscule amount of credit for making transmutation stones actually worth anything with the 3:1 conversion, but it should’ve been like that a long time ago; again, better late than never though.

Tom Gore.4035

There was never any transmutation in pvp.

My point exactly. You got to swap skins without any cost, while all the other players had to pay for it. The free ride is over, so it’s time to step out or cough up the dough

I get that you’re worried about increased monetization of the game, but please do realize they have to do it in order to keep the money flowing steadily. With the changes, they have also reduced the demand for Gemstore skins a lot, since you now only have to get them once and can use them over all your characters. They’re also giving us some use for the hoards of transmutation stones lying in our bank, effectively cutting down their income for crystals for some time.

In this case it only happens to hit a part of the player group who have been “freeloaders” previously. I think it’s also safe to assume ANet is looking to more ways to get some more gemstore purchases from the sPvP group.

And again, I don’t see anything controversial there. If anything, it would be controversial that some players would be exempt from any lucrative gemstore purchases while others were not. Can you give me any reason why they should be exempt, other than just “they used to be”? Because that’s not a valid argument for a game that is constantly changing and being developed.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Wow, account bound dyes are REALLY EXCITING, I sure love it when broken promises are finally made up for well over a year later!

Better late than never I suppose, and I will give ANet a miniscule amount of credit for making transmutation stones actually worth anything with the 3:1 conversion, but it should’ve been like that a long time ago; again, better late than never though.

“Broken promise”?
Seriously?
There was one point MONTHS before release where they talked about account-bound dyes (in a system that was MUCH worse than the current one) but that was changed months BEFORE release, and quite clearly told. Including the reasons for it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

haviz.1340

Pvers receive stats and skins while pvp-ers receive items without stats, that’s why it was free. There was no swapping skins and no transmutation. I’m not sure why it is hard to understand. Anyway, if I won’t like the change I just stop playing this game so you can stop defending this decision.

haviz.1340

“Broken promise”?
Seriously?
There was one point MONTHS before release where they talked about account-bound dyes (in a system that was MUCH worse than the current one) but that was changed months BEFORE release, and quite clearly told. Including the reasons for it.

The reason being something like “We thought it was better that way”.

Tom Gore.4035

Pvers receive stats and skins while pvp-ers receive items without stats, that’s why it was free. There was no swapping skins and no transmutation. I’m not sure why it is hard to understand. Anyway, if I won’t like the change I just stop playing this game so you can stop defending this decision.

Oh I do understand it just fine and I do know how the system works in both sides, because I play both.

Guess the bottom line is – if it’s free, enjoy while it lasts.

One – Piken Square

lordkrall.7241

No the reason was that they wanted another avenue of character progression.

But seeing as they are adding more character progression now, they no longer need to have dyes as character progression, thus they can change it to a account-bound system (which is superior to the first account-bound system they talked about before release).

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Howell Qagan.9752

Howell Qagan.9752

Haven’t read all 14 pages… but my concern is the following. Transmutation stones will be converted into a charge by threes. Ok. But for sub lvl80 items it will take 1 charge not 1/3. Why make transmutation more expensive for alts, when their equipment is temporary? Since many low level equipment just look terrible, this is a very unhappy change.

Osculim.2983

Haven’t read all 14 pages… but my concern is the following. Transmutation stones will be converted into a charge by threes. Ok. But for sub lvl80 items it will take 1 charge not 1/3. Why make transmutation more expensive for alts, when their equipment is temporary? Since many low level equipment just look terrible, this is a very unhappy change.

Exactly what i said a bit further up. Ive got a feeling I wont be using this at all.

Posted by: Link Legacy.9278

Link Legacy.9278

Darn, I just made my incinerator and sold it…..does that mean i dont get the skin?

Posted by: Howell Qagan.9752

Howell Qagan.9752

Exactly what i said a bit further up. Ive got a feeling I wont be using this at all.

I have just made a perfect double for Evon… and have 2 other low lvl alts. I wonder if I can get them to 80 in less than 3 weeks. Probably not :/

Osculim.2983

I see you will be able to buy these charges right from the wardrobe page just wish they would give us a idea of cost

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

No the reason was that they wanted another avenue of character progression.

But seeing as they are adding more character progression now, they no longer need to have dyes as character progression, thus they can change it to a account-bound system (which is superior to the first account-bound system they talked about before release).

Actually, for anyone that will try to get dyes after the patch, the system (from the info we got so far) looks to be way worse than the current one.

I’d also like to know, if transformation changes will be gemshop only, or will there be any way of getting them ingame. (i’m hurrying with map completion on all my alts anyway – better to stock up on charges now, while we still can).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Magnus Godrik.5841

Magnus Godrik.5841

Can’t wait and I hope I get back all those armor skins that I salvaged over a year ago. My bank will have so much space after this update.

lordkrall.7241

Actually, for anyone that will try to get dyes after the patch, the system (from the info we got so far) looks to be way worse than the current one.

That would depend on if you have many alts or not.
Someone with many alts will most likely benefit more from the new system, seeing as they only need to unlock it once, rather than once per character. And you will still be fully able to buy specific dyes on the TP.

What I claimed however was that it will be superior to the account-bound system we saw before release.
The one that required you to find seeds, plant, wait for 24h and hope for the best.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: gordonlsj.4391

gordonlsj.4391

idk but isnt this devaluing skins in the game and making past event items more common and less unique , i kind of feel this change is not the best , hope you guys can tweak it a little so it doesnt devalue stuff in game and rarity or maybe give some compensation lol

lordkrall.7241

How would they be more common when you still need to own them in the first place in order to use them?

You can only play on one character at a time anyway.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I have a suggestion regarding the transmutation charges:

Right now, as I understand it, we can convert current transmutation crystals to an equal amount of transmutation charges, so 1 crystal = 1 charge.
In the case of transmutation stones, we can convert these to charges at the rate of 3:1, so 3 stones = 3 charges.

I understand why they’ve done this, as transmutation stones are worth less and therefore cost less and are easier to get than transmutation crystals in game at the moment.

However, I, and many others it seems, are concerned that changing the armour and weapon skins of characters below level 80 will, in the new system, treble in price, putting several people off the idea and potentially meaning people don’t even start experimenting with their look until level 80, which is a shame.

So, my suggestion is that when we take our transmutation stones to be converted to charges, we get the option either to accept the 3:1 ratio (and take a bit of a hit – which some people will be fine with) or pay in-game money (ie gold, no other currency) to upgrade these stones to equal value with crystals. That way, you can equalise the cost (so people don’t complain we get something for free that we don’t deserve, as will happen otherwise), or you can lose the cost and lose the benefit.

How would that seem?

So my suggs

gordonlsj.4391

well lets say u own a dynamic spinal blade and you have 3 characters , sure u can only play 1 character at a time but then assume u have the skin on all 3 characters , it would be 3x common since all your character has it in , its like if a person has 3 different outfits each one of the outfit is different and unique but lets say u have the same shirt for every outfit then it would look rather common, hope u know where im coming from

(edited by gordonlsj.4391)

lordkrall.7241

But how will it be more common?
No one will be able to see that you have it on more than one character at a time anyway. The amount visible in the game at one time will be exactly the same as before.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

gordonlsj.4391

amount visible same as before but amount of times seen is more

Posted by: squallaus.8321

squallaus.8321

Anet, give real legendaries weapons new features please. Like selectable sigils and infusion types, on top of the existing selectable stats when out of combat.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

That would depend on if you have many alts or not.

Unless you have an army of them, and wanted to unlock all dyes for all chars, the lowered demand will not be enough to cover the massive drop in supply. There may be a few people that will come ahead on this, but for almost every new player, this is a definite change for the worse.
Unless there are some changes to supply we haven’t heard about yet, of course (personally i doubt they wouldn’t mention them if there were any beneficial ones).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

well lets say u own a dynamic spinal blade and you have 3 characters , sure u can only play 1 character at a time but then assume u have the skin on all 3 characters , it would be 3x common since all your character has it in , its like if a person has 3 different outfits each one of the outfit is different and unique but lets say u have the same shirt for every outfit then it would look rather common, hope u know where im coming from

No I have no idea where you’re coming from… seriously no idea at all.

amount visible same as before but amount of times seen is more

Ok that makes slightly more sense. But no, why can’t shouldn’t I be able to reuse my skins, that I earned / purchased on more than one character? It might increase visibility, but it doesn’t devalue it.