Feedback/Questions: Town clothes, Costumes, & Combat

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

…. Im actually surprised how many interesting looks people created here.

Me too, and if they keep the current ix/match functionality I am now likely to go out and buy even more town clothes to duplicate some of them. Conversely, if I am to lose that functionality it is unlikely I will buy anything else from the gem story since I will never know if I will be wasting money. I’ll just keep my refunded gems for anything I might want instead of paying actual cash to buy more gems.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I am sure that it may have been answered somewhere, but I got a couple of hats that I like, but haven’t been able to wear them because I didn’t buy any town clothes…

If I wear the hats, will I look like I am wearing my armor and a hat, or will it be the generic town clothing that comes with a new character wearing the hat?

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Yumeijin.5439

Yumeijin.5439

I’m not sure what’s honestly preventing them from giving the treatment they intend for individual pieces to outfits. If they’re going to turn things like the Wizard Hat into a helm slot item in the wardrobe, why can’t the individual pieces of each outfit receive the same treatment? This whole outfit/tonic system seems unnecessarily convoluted.

Posted by: Kazel.1502

Kazel.1502

As a roleplayer there are two cases for me to buy at the gem store:
case 1) new character slots for more roleplay characters
case 2) new town clothes for an individual mix’n’match look of my characters
If the new update (which HAS some interesting features!) causes full outfits and tonics, I’ve got no reason to buy at the store anymore. Destroying the town clothing system like this is kind of cutting our individualism and flexibility. :/

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Some people are exaggerating to a laughable extent. Everyone can see the issue, stop using posts like omg, Anet isn’t r reading the thread or omg, Anet didn’t change it yet. Ofc they won’t change it yet and I doubt they will do before trying it in-game.

Also, according to the beautiful people here who say they are playing GW2 for town clothes, please leave, Sims is ther for you, instead of inaccurate facts about how half GW2 are playing because town clothing.

I wonder why you would be here if you don’t care

Because I know alot of ignorant people who compare making dyes account bound to the capability of paying your way to max level with full gear. GW2 community is consisted of different bases and each one are ignorant about their own.

‘’Town clothing is why I play’‘. ’’Oh no, legendary is why I play’’. ‘’No no, I play because I am waiting for Titan that will come in 20 years, kitten Anet and GW2’’.

Also, I care about this place more than uneducated people not knwing anything about the MMO industry, believing that games should never evolve becasue they are happy with the way they are.

One more thing, read the EOLA before talking about ‘’Anet must refund’’.

Who are you to tell them how to play?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Everyone, I’m just as upset as most in this thread, but can we please keep it civil? As devs have said in the past, they care about the game and they do not make changes to “slap the community in the face.” Can we please not threaten them with any sort of violence and refrain from assuming they are out to spite or ignore the community? Even if you feel this way, it is not productive nor will it help the situation.

Yes, thank you. Please keep it civil to not only our staff, but to each other, while you are giving us your feedback. We are compiling it all together and we should have more answers on a variety of topics regarding Wardrobe when we do.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Some people are exaggerating to a laughable extent. Everyone can see the issue, stop using posts like omg, Anet isn’t r reading the thread or omg, Anet didn’t change it yet. Ofc they won’t change it yet and I doubt they will do before trying it in-game.

Also, according to the beautiful people here who say they are playing GW2 for town clothes, please leave, Sims is ther for you, instead of inaccurate facts about how half GW2 are playing because town clothing.

I wonder why you would be here if you don’t care

Because I know alot of ignorant people who compare making dyes account bound to the capability of paying your way to max level with full gear. GW2 community is consisted of different bases and each one are ignorant about their own.

‘’Town clothing is why I play’‘. ’’Oh no, legendary is why I play’’. ‘’No no, I play because I am waiting for Titan that will come in 20 years, kitten Anet and GW2’’.

Also, I care about this place more than uneducated people not knwing anything about the MMO industry, believing that games should never evolve becasue they are happy with the way they are.

Who are you to tell them how to play?

Read before commenting. Would be appreciated.

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

I will miss my Town Clothed character….

Attachments:

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

Posted by: applecup.3047

applecup.3047

I just want to chime in with the other people disappointed in the change to tonics for ‘some’ ‘discontinued’ gem store town clothes. It’s the rather conspicuous fly in the ointment of an otherwise generally awesome system. I’m not an RPer, not have I bought a ton of clothes, but I am pleased with the looks I have and frankly don’t have the patience to reapply tonics every time I zone/die/dc. I realise that Anet can’t really be held responsible for my laziness, but their rethinking of converting older town clothes to tonics would make me happier.

I also want to add that it sucks that ‘outfits’ have to include their hats (even if they can be hidden), which seriously limits the options for mixing and matching. Right now they are separate items, and both asura boots and charr everything show that clipping issues have never stopped anet from releasing things before. I appreciate that some outfits can’t easily be separated into tops/bottoms, but please consider supporting hats/boots/etc as seperate items when it comes to outfits such as the Mad King’s gear. You know, like they are now.

thank you and have a nice day. c:

[III] Third Legio, Aurora Glade
An Officer and a Gentlewoman

nGumball.1283

PS. I don’t agree with the town clothing update either however, I just wanted to point out that insulting or threatining the company or whatever won’t really help. The thread is now being noticed by the company, just post valueable feedback like how you suggest it to be.

Many of the comments here are really valueable though some posted based on pure anger, can’t even be taken seriously.

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

Everyone, I’m just as upset as most in this thread, but can we please keep it civil? As devs have said in the past, they care about the game and they do not make changes to “slap the community in the face.” Can we please not threaten them with any sort of violence and refrain from assuming they are out to spite or ignore the community? Even if you feel this way, it is not productive nor will it help the situation.

Yes, thank you. Please keep it civil to not only our staff, but to each other, while you are giving us your feedback. We are compiling it all together and we should have more answers on a variety of topics regarding Wardrobe when we do.

Thanks Danicia

This is pretty encouraging, and keep in mind it’s now 9:30am in Seattle so everyone’s just now finishing their morning latte and sorting through a bazzilion posts & threads.

Be vocal everyone but also be patient.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Posted by: Liraz.8062

Liraz.8062

Thank you, Danicia. I think many in this thread will feel at least a little better knowing that our concerns are being heard.

Firstwatch Irregular Company – RP, Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

2. If the issue is truly about spending time and money on getting combat animations for those specific pieces of clothing (which were some how mysteriously more difficult to do than other items), why spend any time at all on the ones you selected to make the cut?

I’m not sure. Given that the game already performs a similar check, I wouldn’t think creating a “cannot be used in combat” flag would be that hard compared to what they did.

3. Why spend all that time and money converting them to a mechanic (the tonic) that is inconvenient and clearly unacceptable?

I’m not sure here either. The best theory I’ve seen is Allaraina’s which boils down to “seemed like a good idea at the time….” is mentioned here and elaborated upon later.

Town clothes were more beloved than I think any of us really knew.

Actually, I don’t use them at all. I’ve played quite a few mmos and have seen different ways to approach this issue. Some of them almost a decade old by now. It’s clear to me how bad a solution this is. Especially after seeing so many people post screenshots.

(edited by Fenrina.2954)

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

Make game based on dressup and fashion with no endgame content. Remove ability to play dressup and fashion, dont add endgame content. Why, seriously why. The only thing that sets people apart in this game is mixing pieces and dyeing them unique color combos. Tonics are you kidding me… that has to be one of dumbest ideas Ive seen in this game. I am constantly amazed by the bad choices that get made.

Posted by: skarxa.7964

skarxa.7964

There was a problem months ago with the flamekissed armor skin, and this problem is similar. In my honest opinion I guess it would be better that we can still mixing our town clothings, and time to talk about it it’s now. Because if it’s after the update, it will go much problematic as went with the flamekissed armor.

I know I’m only a player but, I guess that’s what everyone has on their mind.
If that’s comes, roleplayer gamers, people who paid with real money for town clothes and people like me (buying with gems) will be angry.

Please don’t think that I’m saying it on an agressive way but, I guess that putting it as always has been or at least, letting us mix and don’t deletting our townclothes would be better for everyone.

Thanks for reading.

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

2. If the issue is truly about spending time and money on getting combat animations for those specific pieces of clothing (which were some how mysteriously more difficult to do than other items), why spend any time at all on the ones you selected to make the cut?

I’m not sure. Given that the game already performs a similar check, I wouldn’t think creating a “cannot be used in combat” flag would be that hard compared to what they did. ~snip~

Just to clear this up on the technical side, all armor/clothing is ‘weight painted’ or ‘skinned’ to the character making it move with any animations triggered. So once this is done the item will accept any form of animation. Short answer: no extra work.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

So I can’t use my wintersday clothing with the glasses anymore? :c

I just look cute this way and I want to keep it :c

Attachments:

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

(edited by Sawnic.6795)

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

Thanks Danicia! That’s super encouraging.

I posted an idea (one of many from the player base) for a ‘wardrobe’ a few weeks ago (or maybe a week ago, I forget) but one thing that I vaguely remember coming up in the different discussions was having a separate tab for town clothes so that you can still keybind the “swap”. Why is it we can’t have a second tab in the wardrobe specifically for town clothes that we can just drag and drop to the appropriate slots on our character without having to spend transmutation charges? It would literally work almost EXACTLY the way it does now with the exception of all skins being available across the account. It should even be possible to use in combat (just flip the coded off switch to auto-changing back to armor when you enter battle). Toys can remain in our backpacks so we can ‘click to use’.

There are special instances where certain gimmicks are disabled from the game (i.e. mad king’s clocktower and making that a pvp ‘zone’) but as far as I can tell, that’s just hitting another ‘off’ switch…. or uh, maybe several off switches.

I may have said something similar earlier (sorta) so I apologize if I am being redundant.

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

Posted by: Howell Qagan.9752

Howell Qagan.9752

I really don’t want to go off-topic here but educated people know it’s an EULA and I’m actually wondering if you know what the word ‘ignorant’ means. Because it makes no sense in that context.

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

The pirate outfit has one piece that is both pants and top. I completely understand that it has to be a costume and therefore all or nothing. But, could the single piece items like the hoodies and cargo shorts be converted to armor skins instead of costumes? It wouldn’t save all of the skins, but it would be a nice gesture start.

I really hope that all of the head items will be converted to helmets. I need to be able to wear my bunny ears >.>

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Fenrina.2954

Just to clear this up on the technical side, all armor/clothing is ‘weight painted’ or ‘skinned’ to the character making it move with any animations triggered. So once this is done the item will accept any form of animation. Short answer: no extra work.

I know. I was just pointing out that if they really wanted to keep some clothes outside of battle, they didn’t have to turn them into tonics.

nGumball.1283

I really don’t want to go off-topic here but educated people know it’s an EULA and I’m actually wondering if you know what the word ‘ignorant’ means. Because it makes no sense in that context.

Oh my, you are really good with finding typos. If you are this good, you should probably read it to understand that forcing Anet into refunds isn’t a legal option.

Otherwise, if you really think games should not eveolve because some want those old features, then you have to try checking Wiki too, you will find some informative pages about MMOs.

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Oh my, you are really good with finding typos. If you are this good, you should probably read it to understand that forcing Anet into refunds isn’t a legal option.

Otherwise, if you really think games should not eveolve because some want those old features, then you have to try checking Wiki too, you will find some informative pages about MMOs.

eula isnt really legally binding in most states anyhow. Its gives them more of a case, but at the end of the day its up the judge to decide. Anyhow legal isnt so important in this case, its more about satisfying customers, satisfied customers spend more, they majority of people who actually invested in town clothes, are the type of customers anet likes, they spend money often for things they feel is worthwhile. Its a bad idea to alienate a user base that regularly supports you, satisfying them is more profitable in the long run.

These people probably wont sue, but they may stop buying anything/leave the game. Since a lot of these guys are repeat buyers spending consistent money, thats a pretty bad thing for anet.

Posted by: Liraz.8062

Liraz.8062

Please stop with this. It’s not helping the topic at all, and ANet, while not being required to provide a refund for the virtual items, appears willing to offer one anyway for the town clothes items that are becoming awful tonics, so the whole argument is without a real point.

Though I personally would much rather have a functional item instead of a refund, I am grateful that they appear to be willing to do that for their customers who purchased the now-useless items at least.

Firstwatch Irregular Company – RP, Tarnished Coast

nGumball.1283

eula isnt really legally binding in most states anyhow. Its gives them more of a case, but at the end of the day its up the judge to decide. Anyhow legal isnt so important in this case, its more about satisfying customers, satisfied customers spend more, they majority of people who actually invested in town clothes, are the type of customers anet likes, they spend money often for things they feel is worthwhile. Its a bad idea to alienate a user base that regularly supports you, satisfying them is more profitable in the long run.

These people probably wont sue, but they may stop buying anything/leave the game. Since a lot of these guys are repeat buyers spending consistent money, thats a pretty bad thing for anet.

And?

MMOs are like that, I don’t fancy the fact people love blaming Anet for everything. 99% of the MMOs go forward hurting old content. WoW made leveling to 90 buyable where you get a full gearset.

Posted by: Trulyyours.8261

Trulyyours.8261

I think this might be the first time actually posting in the forums, but I really feel the need to add that taking away mix/matching just doesn’t sound like a good idea.

What did I hear a lot when gw2 first came out? How it was suppose to be different from other MMOs, that you didn’t have be like everyone else to play. Now yes, this was probably mostly pointing to the skills and traits or builds. But thats stuff you can’t see. What about the uniqueness of being in a town and looking completely different from everyone else? (Yes, I know some looks become popular over others.)

I liked the uniqueness GW2 has in /all/ the aspects. Looks and game play. Also, I hardly ever use my town clothes but I still feel very strongly about this.

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

Actually, the EULA is generally considered a binding contract. Blizzard was using that argument to shut down private WoW servers (quite successfully, at that). However, it is not criminal to violate it, by the way.

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

Howell Qagan.9752

I didn’t see anyone saying they would force ANet to refund. It’s a request, if they didn’t refund I would have moved on, and just take a different position on supporting the gemstore. Forcing would be if we went there threatening we would destroy their office or something like that. And I’m okay with evolution but this (not being able to put together town clothes the way you want) is definitely a step backwards, not forwards. Which I would call “devolution”.

And you still didn’t answer what you meant by the word “ignorant”.

nGumball.1283

I didn’t see anyone saying they would force ANet to refund. It’s a request, if they wouldn’t have refunded I would have moved on, and just take a different position on supporting the gemstore. Forcing would be if we went there threatening we would destroy their office or something like that. And I’m okay with evolution but this (not being able to put together town clothes the way you want) is definitely a step backwards, not forwards. Which I would call “devolution”.

And you still didn’t answer what you meant by the word “ignorant”.

Devolution according to you. You have no information why the company took this step, what the reasons about the changes are neither any full statement that could explain the system for us. So far, the system is behind the closed doors and Anet stated they are listening to this feedback. Yet, you talk about ignorance?

Whena person only can see their own desires as something above everything else, that’s when you become ignorant. When people aren’t educated regarding the systems of MMOs yet complain and threaten, that’s when they are ignorant. When people come with valueable statements about the game, coming from some place none, ever heared of, that’s when you see arrogance.

Posted by: ninnawi.4810

ninnawi.4810

I am a roleplayer in this game, and I have enjoyed being able to mix and match town clothes and choose the colours for the outfit to create a fitting look for my character. I will very much miss this because it has given me the option to make my mesmer look more like a street rat when I roleplay her (but she does look like a cute little pink cake when I do dungeons and level ).

Here she is:
http://i.imgur.com/zI07jrt.jpg

(and here’s an extra pic where she is wearing a bit warmer clothes when visiting Hoelbrak http://i.imgur.com/lCa4TJT.jpg)

Fenrina.2954

I don’t think anyone here expects to “force” a refund. This is about customers getting enraged by a problem and making their rage known. This is in line with “go to customer support or their superiors.”

In general, enraging customers does not end well, and we are seeing that process unfold.

This has nothing to do with evolution of design. In truth, gw2 can evolve further with town clothes and it would result in less issues, not more.

Posted by: thealienamongus.1968

thealienamongus.1968

the FAQ is out

There is no reason for this change to the town clothes, it unnecessarily restricts the use of both outfits and the clothes that will become tonics. You won’t have the option to mix & match, I have Devil horns, the pirate outfit and the witches broom equipped on my main I will no longer be able to do that.

Just make them all skins with no armor restrictions since the current town clothes can be used by everyone and are largely gem store only.

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

The armour/weapon side of the wardrobe is great. I have no complaints with it.
This town clothes issue is something else though.

I don’t understand why they have to lock the costumes into their original form as a one piece and apparently remove the dye option.
I bought several town clothes sets for my characters because there was at least one piece that made me go “cool” (toys excluded).
I have come up with several nice alternative looks that I have happily worn around the cities on my character’s ‘down time’.
Now this ability will not only be gone, but if I choose to use these skins I’m forced into the generic ‘pirate’, Winter’s Day, Mad King, etc. look. I can’t even dye them.

No, with this aspect of the wardrobe they have taken a huge step back.

What could have been a Premier new Feature has now been soured by this decision and the ill will it has created.
I suggest that Anet looks to games like, DCUO, Rift, etc. to see how successful (and profitable) wardrobe systems could be implemented.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Being able to freely switch between my Witch’s Outfit, Wintersday and Pirate costume at any time…. sweet!

Now I just wonder if the riding pants and the shirts were removed because people otherwise could get rid of trench coats and skirts.

And I can finally wear my Gandalf hat!

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Twyll Blackleaf.9641

Twyll Blackleaf.9641

Thanks Danicia

This is pretty encouraging, and keep in mind it’s now 9:30am in Seattle so everyone’s just now finishing their morning latte and sorting through a bazzilion posts & threads.

Be vocal everyone but also be patient.

I do hope nothing I said came across as unnecessarily combative. I’ll admit to being frustrated, and to forgetting about the time difference. (Eventually I will make it out of the East Coast. Eventually.)

At least this thread proves that the good folks at ANet will never suffer from George Lucas Disease! (characterized by the presence of ideas with potential but a severe lack of constructive criticism, leading to deadly symptoms such as the Star Wars prequels)

I only criticize because I care though <3 I am not going to give up on this game because it is, at its heart, a very good game. I like the fundamental philosophy of the game design encouraging cooperation and a deeply social experience even when not communicating verbally or even necessarily being conscious of socializing, I like the fluff (the Asura have such a fascinating psychology; the Charr are a great example of a race filling the “brutal monstrous humanoid” niche while still maintaining cultural sophistication and intriguing personalities; and even as the Sylvari veer dangerously into Mary Sue territory thanks to the combined efforts of Trahearne and Scarlet, as a race they are still essentially elves made interesting again, which is difficult to do after decades of elves being done to death), and I like that the devs do listen to us (the afklasers being one of my favorite examples of that).

I think the quantity of criticism you guys are receiving shows that people really do want to stay with the game instead of just quitting in a huff— someone who doesn’t value your game would just quit instead of begging for a feature they like to remain! I hope that at least makes y’all feel better despite pages upon pages of people moaning, because in the end we’re only moaning because we’re dedicated enough to your creation to moan about it, if that makes any sense.

That said… please let me keep my froofy dress and Quaggan hat combo…? <3

Posted by: redmasque.3927

redmasque.3927

I would like to join the chorus of those not particularily happy about yet another restriction being applied to a game that delivers visual skins collection as endgame.
I am a roleplayer, but even if i wasn’t i would still be struggling with the reasoning behind so many restrictions to our characters’ appearance.
Different armor classes restrictions (makes sense in pvp, but in pve? not so much), the whole “town clothes out of combat” fiasco etcetera….
Please, would it be so hard to implement something that has been proven as effective in other games such as Lotro?
A nice appearance tab where we can unlock and use all the skins in the game?
In a game where people go to battle using a rubber scimitar and a laser backpack, would it be so immersion breaking to be able to use all the skins i want?
Really?

Posted by: RPrambles.3721

RPrambles.3721

For an update that is about improving customization, making the town clothes an all or nothing tonic seems like a large step backward. Mix and match was part of the fun of town clothes, as was choosing the dyes. I know that we will now be able to wear them in combat, but personally I would be happy to keep the town clothes restricted to town if it meant I could keep the customization.

I don’t understand why Anet is going with tonics at all, it doesn’t seem to make any sense.

Tarnished Coast [SASS]
Taerryn [Ranger]

Posted by: Ranulf.9285

Ranulf.9285

(Just reposting this from the thread I made!)

First, I want to say that nearly all that I’ve read about the April Feature Pack has gotten me really excited, and I can’t wait to see most of these brilliant changes implemented…

… However, there’s just one thing that’s caused a pit in my stomach. The changes to Town Clothes.

While I understand a lot of players would definitely use the town clothes more often if they became available as skins/tonics for combat, the changes, from what I’ve been reading, are going to hit people like me hard. I’m a roleplayer, and I have a few characters who use the town clothes extensively, one of which has several outfits I’ve put together for her for different occasions. With the upcoming changes, I’m almost positive most of these outfits won’t be possible anymore, for a number of reasons:

1)Individual pieces, like the hoodies, becoming “tonics” – I can’t see us being able to recolor these if they work like tonics, but rather they’ll have fixed color schemes.

2)The “tonic” versions only useable one at a time – This says to me that I can only be using, for example, the hoodie over my combat gear, and not use the riding pants or boots at the same time. This means I can never use these together again, destroying mix-and-matched outfits.

3)Outfits, such as the Halloween and Wintersday outfits, being “all or nothing” – I use the Bloody Prince’s face paint on my warrior with the rest of her town clothes, which comprise of regular boots, riding pants and a leather hoodie. With this update, it’ll be impossible for me to use the facepaint with those outfit pieces.

I implore you, Anet, to find another way with Town Clothes, so we still have the freedom with them that we do now, as well as the freedom of using them in combat. The current changes will come as a heavy blow to people like me, however many of us there are.

Here’s a few pictures of the characters with which I use the current Town Clothes regularly, to give you an idea of what will soon become impossible.

Attachments:

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

I understand that some items like the pirates cannon or the witches broom will get transformed into tonics, but I don’t get why they also wants to transform the gw2 t-shirt and gw2 cap into tonics.

Realism? Well, you can already beat the enemy with a sugar hammer or use a sling instead of a short bow, so why not the t-shirts?

Is your argument, that all the wearable stuff can still be obtainable? F.e. you could still play through gw1 for the armor? Ok, well, then just include the gw2 promo t-shirt and cap into the heroic edition. That way it is still obtainable, still wearable in combat, and you might sell some heroic edition upgrades through the gem store as well.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

Posted by: Towan.9508

Towan.9508

I too am adding my voice. The tonic solution is really going to mess up a lot of the looks I’ve put together. I do a lot of town clothes mix and matches for RP clothes for a lot of my alts. I made screenies and labeled the items the avatars are wearing.

As much as I’d love for my mesmer to wear his reading glasses in combat, I’d rather keep the ability to wear my mix-match town clothes looks. If this means keeping town clothes and combat armor separate, I can live with that. I really, really don’t like the tonic solution.

Attachments:

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Why not simply convert town clothes into armor skins and keep the costume pieces separate? That way everyone can continue to mix-and-match, and there is no need to introduce the confusion and frustration of town clothes tonics.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: Kaya.6082

Kaya.6082

Question, what about pvp exclusive gear such as the masquarade set, etc? Are pvp gears included in the Wardrobe system? Also, now that glory is removed and such, how can players who haven’t ranked up enough able to obtain said gear? Will it be obtainable in pve?

Attachments:

Howell Qagan.9752

Devolution according to you. You have no information why the company took this step, what the reasons about the changes are neither any full statement that could explain the system for us. So far, the system is behind the closed doors and Anet stated they are listening to this feedback. Yet, you talk about ignorance?

Exactly, they are listening. So I don’t see why you come here telling people off for “whining”. They are expressing their concerns about the decisions made by ArenaNet or NCSoft or whoever made them. And meanwhile they hope someone reads this.

Whena person only can see their own desires as something above everything else, that’s when you become ignorant. When people aren’t educated regarding the systems of MMOs yet complain and threaten, that’s when they are ignorant. When people come with valueable statements about the game, coming from some place none, ever heared of, that’s when you see arrogance.

Ok, I swear this is my last offtopic stuff: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ignorance?s=t
Please read this so that you realize what this word means. It isn’t related to the verb ignore.
And also you started talking about ignorance, scroll up to see it.

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

All the reasons why converting clothes to tonics is bad has already been said , so I’m putting in my vote to keep clothes in a form that’s mix and matchable

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

removing mix n match from town clothes not a good idea for game where style is everything

Howell Qagan.9752

Question, what about pvp exclusive gear such as the masquarade set, etc? Are pvp gears included in the Wardrobe system? Also, now that glory is removed and such, how can players who haven’t ranked up enough able to obtain said gear? Will it be obtainable in pve?

Wrong thread. And yes, it was in the Wardrobe FAQ but got removed, because it was meant to be kept a surprise for this Friday’s Ready Up! Ooops! We will unlock those skins and share with PvE wardrobe

Posted by: Darcness.2408

Darcness.2408

soooo I won’t be able to mix and match town clothes? or even WITH combat clothes? This decision was made…. why? I personally would like the idea for my mesmer to wear the winter’s day leggings/skirt with the cabalist coat but that isn’t going to be doable? That’s a little more than a let down but kinda makes this update hit me a bit in the teeth because how ti was explained, we could do almost anything :\ doesn’t really seem like the case here at all.

(edited by Darcness.2408)

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

My suggestion:

1. Turn the costumes and town clothes in to armor skins, all of them, even the retired and limited edition ones like the bunny ears and hoodies.

2. Take the skill-sets associated with those skins (wintersday, mad king, etc…) and turn them in to the new type of toys that activate from your inventory.

3. Add a second armor set players can switch to out of combat.

You now have all the functionality that is being added with the wardrobe without removing any functionality of the previous system.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

Hello! Please reconsider what you’re doing to town clothes. Most people buy the town clothes to mix-and-match them and dye them. I’d rather have an all or nothing system regarding the implementation of town clothing into the wardrobe — if the hoodies, khakis, dragon shirts, very cute blouses, pirates, cooks, mad kings, and etc can’t make it as separate, dye-able pieces into the wardrobe, then I would rather keep the system as is currently.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Reposting to fix the end-of-page forum bug, or so I thought until the guy above me beat me to it. Anyway…

My Suggestion

1. Turn the costumes and town clothes in to regular armor skins, all of them, even the retired and limited edition ones like the bunny ears and hoodies.

2. Take the skill-sets associated with those skins (wintersday, mad king, etc…) and turn them in to the new type of toys that activate from your inventory. No armors would have associated skills anymore.

3. Add a second armor set (regular in-combat armor, not town clothes) players can switch to when out of combat.

If players want to use the wintersday outfit exactly as they use it now, they can equip the outfit like normal armor then use the toy. If they want to mix and match the outfits with armor, they can also do that. If they want to wear it as a combat costume they can. Basically this supports all the functionality that is being added with the new system without removing any of the functionality of the previous one.

(edited by Conncept.7638)