Expansion Thread [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Just for kicks and giggles let’s look at what the Living Story/World has brought us:

-5 New maps/areas. (Southsun, Dry Top, Silver Wastes, The Queens Pavillion [Occupies the location of the “hole” in DR], Lions Arch [granted it was there but it has changed])
-1 New dungeon (Fractals) with 14 paths, 1 new path on existing dungeon.
- New gear tier (Ascended)
- New Grandmaster traits per class*
- New enemy types*
- 4 new PvP maps (Temple of the Silent Storm, Skyhammer, Spirit Watch, Courtyard [Part of the April feature pack update])
- Jumping Puzzles*
- 2 New WvW maps. (Obsidian Sanctum [originally part of EB, but made it’s own seperate map], Edge of the Mists)
- 4 World bosses (The Great Jungle Wurm, Legendary Sand Giant, Legendary Karka Queen, Tequatl [revamped and upgraded])
- New Achievements
- New Weapon and armor skins*
- New recipies and crafting tiers* (200 just from The Lost Shores event)
- New crafting mats*

(*) = Don’t have specific nembers

So in the ~2 years of the Living Story/World, we have almost enough content that is typically released with an expansion. Please note I did not include any of the temporary stuff from LS season 1, nor the additional areas that opened up during that time. (i.e POIs, Vistas, WPs, Skill Points, Hearts, etc.). The only thing that seems to be missing is the new classes and/or races. But justifying a new race/class would be difficult, as it would have to be part of the lore.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

(edited by pdavis.8031)

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Wrong. GW2 does not need an expansion, and it is far from needing one critically. I’ve said it so many times already that I don’t even feel like typing out the full response. Just, no. You’re paranoid / unable to see the full picture, just no.

Yeah GW2 doesn’t need anything. GW2 could continue releasing content at a snails pace and slowly shrink and fade into obscurity as an example of how not to manage a MMO. And no one is able to see the big picture as Anet refuses to talk about future content releases, a communication policy that in my opinion is a farce, an example of how not to do things in an industry where communication with your player base is essential to success.

What you quoted, and what you posted are exactly the same thing…….subjective opinions…….and nothing more. There are probably valid points in both, depending on who you talk to.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Nobody should be against any type of expansion, it makes absolutely no sense. Nobody should have any qualms with anything the OP has listed because if anything, all of that makes it far more appealing to new players.

It’s not a question of “if one is needed” it’s more a question of “are additional things for players to do good for the game” Obviously the answer should be yes.

If/When an expansion is released, it needs to address parts of the game that are so severely lacking.

IMO, the living story isn’t really cutting it (or ever really for that matter).

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

There are a lot of new things that an expansion can deliver to the core game

1. Player housing
  2. GvG
  3. New races
  4. New classes
  5. New weapons for each class
  6. New utility and elite skills
  7. New crafting disciplines
  8. Raids
  9. Massively expand WvW, new structures,siege weapons,etc.
  10. New continent
  11. Expand the personal story
  12. Guild halls
  13. Level cap increase
  14. Player ships and sailing, sea based zones
  15. New dungeons
  1. No reason why this couldn’t come via Living Story or just a generic patch.
  2. They’re already talking about a CDI on GvG. Also does not need an expansion to implement.
  3. Could be easily delivered via Living Story. In fact, I’d expect them to have planned that from the start.
  4. Could be easily delivered via Living Story. In fact, I’d expect them to have planned that from the start.
  5. Could be easily delivered via Living Story. In fact, I’d expect them to have planned that from the start.
  6. We’ve already gotten healing skills in patches tied to the Living Story so I see no reason why there would be any need for an expansion to add skills.
  7. They’ve been adding crafting recipes and expanding crafting in general (Ascended crafting, revamping the crafting interface) without an expansion so far.
  8. They’ve done dungeons and revamped world bosses with ties to Living Story, no reason they couldn’t do this as well as it’s practically identical in terms of gameplay.
  9. They’ve already changed WvW plenty (adding WvW skills and traps, changing the maps) without needing an expansion.
  10. They’ve already added new areas via Living Story so there’s no need for an expansion to add areas.
  11. Living Story is an extension of Personal Story.
  12. How are guild halls different from player housing?
  13. They should never, ever, increase the level cap for any reason. Increasing the level cap would make all non-Legendary gear obsolete, which would cause a massive shift in the TP, not to mention kittening off everyone who’s spent time getting Ascended gear.
  14. I don’t think this is that kind of game.
  15. They’ve already tinkered with dungeons via Living Story, what makes you think they would need an expansion to do it?

From the looks of it, everything that you think they should put into an expansion they have already experimented with via Living Story or could easily do without an expansion. Expansions are a risk, because it would force all of the current players to re-consider whether they want to keep playing the game and it makes the bar for new players even higher. It’s not exactly news that the bar of entry to a game like World of Warcraft, with their heptillion expansions, is very high due to the costs and hassle of getting them all. And I have to say that one of the best things about GW2 is that you play it whenever you want to. There’s no gear treadmill making your stuff obsolete every 6 months and there’s no monthly subscription.

What an expansion does that Living Story cannot do, is hype the product outside of the current playerbase. Living Story is perfectly capable of delivering everything that an expansion can give, but it doesn’t cost anything for the players except time.

Your response is silly to the point that I think you’re joking or trolling. Of course the living story can deliver all of these things no one ever said it couldnt. The point is that it’s not. The LS isn’t creating g excitement in terms of bringing people back or buildin anticipation. When you receive an expansion in large chunks. It’s about anticipation. Wow players know a year in advance what the expansion is going to be and then wait another year to play it. Anet leaves us in the dark and we really don’t know what direction they will go with anything. We have traits and features broken since launch that no one has bothered to look at or fix. We have a guardian class with a worth less shield and the community has come up with many ways to improve it and it’s never been considered publicly. Living story can do things, it’s just not done in a fashion that’s benefitting.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Just for kicks and giggles let’s look at what the Living Story/World has brought us:

-5 New maps/areas. (Southsun, Dry Top, Silver Wastes, The Queens Pavillion, Lions Arch [granted it was there but it has changed])
- New elite skills per class*
- New enemy types*
- 4 new PvP maps (Temple of the Silent Storm, Skyhammer, Spirit Watch, Courtyard [Part of the April feature pack update])
- Jumping Puzzles*
- 2 New WvW maps. (Obsidian Sanctum, Edge of the Mists)
- 4 World bosses (The Great Jungle Wurm, Legendary Sand Giant, Legendary Karka Queen, Tequatl [revamped and upgraded])
- New Achievements
- New crafting mats*

So in the ~2 years of the Living Story/World, we have almost enough content that is typically released with an expansion. Please note I did not include any of the temporary stuff from LS season 1, nor the additional areas that opened up during that time. (i.e POIs, Vistas, WPs, Skill Points, Hearts, etc.). The only thing that seems to be missing is the new classes and/or races. But justifying a new race/class would be difficult, as it would have to be part of the lore.

I just want to play devil’s advocate here. Not only is this list not comprehensive, it’s also inaccurate. I understand the goal though.

We have not gotten elites, we’ve gotten grand master traits and 2 heal skills (one now almost utterly useless).

Obsidian Sanctum has been in since release, we got a GvG arena (but only for WvW contestants), which people have to go to another site to organize.

I can go on, but at this point i’m not really interested in correcting things in your post.

Back when LW was released/talked about Colin told us we’d get “an expansions worth of content” and that we’d see 2 week release cycles. One you can basically say has happened, we got an expansion to the game Southsun, Dry Top, Silver Wastes and you forgot the Four Winds, Queens Gauntlet is questionable as a “new zone”. Yet, some or i should say hardly anyone feels that is an expansions worth. Yes it’s substantial, is it what we were told, no. We also got more challenging content in those new zones, a plus in my book.

Second part of this was a 2 week release cycle. Right now it’s not, they didn’t make that happen, most were skeptical, yet they seem to hold on to that as a thing. We get 2 week bursts, then we get breaks (again totally understandable), but it’s not what was sold.

This doesn’t include the plethora of bugs in the game that haven’t been fixed since launch, mostly unpopular ones mind you. People have problems with the game as a whole, which no one can fix with a list of stuff that they add half-done on top of the existing issues people already had.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Another expansion thread?

lol the pic is hilarious! +1

Necromancer Main

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

-5 New maps/areas. (Southsun, Dry Top, Silver Wastes, The Queens Pavillion, Lions Arch [granted it was there but it has changed])
- New elite skills per class*
- New enemy types*
- Jumping Puzzles*
- 2 New WvW maps. (Obsidian Sanctum, Edge of the Mists)
- New Achievements
- New crafting mats*

I just want to play devil’s advocate here. Not only is this list not comprehensive, it’s also inaccurate. I understand the goal though.

We have not gotten elites, we’ve gotten grand master traits and 2 heal skills (one now almost utterly useless).

Obsidian Sanctum has been in since release, we got a GvG arena (but only for WvW contestants), which people have to go to another site to organize.

I can go on, but at this point i’m not really interested in correcting things in your post.

Back when LW was released/talked about Colin told us we’d get “an expansions worth of content” and that we’d see 2 week release cycles. One you can basically say has happened, we got an expansion to the game Southsun, Dry Top, Silver Wastes and you forgot the Four Winds, Queens Gauntlet is questionable as a “new zone”. Yet, some or i should say hardly anyone feels that is an expansions worth. Yes it’s substantial, is it what we were told, no. We also got more challenging content in those new zones, a plus in my book.

Second part of this was a 2 week release cycle. Right now it’s not, they didn’t make that happen, most were skeptical, yet they seem to hold on to that as a thing. We get 2 week bursts, then we get breaks (again totally understandable), but it’s not what was sold.

This doesn’t include the plethora of bugs in the game that haven’t been fixed since launch, mostly unpopular ones mind you. People have problems with the game as a whole, which no one can fix with a list of stuff that they add half-done on top of the existing issues people already had.

I’ll concede the Grandmaster traits, that was my mistake. As far as Obsidian Scantum, it was part of Eternal Battle grounds, but was moved to it’s own seperate map. The Queens Pavillion is a new area. The location previous to the pavillion was a giant hole, with scaffolding and workers and not much else.

I also forgot the healing skills.

As far as not being comprehensive, of course I am sure I am missing some things, but the list is still sound.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

1. Player housing
  2. GvG
  3. New races
  4. New classes
  8. Raids
  10. New continent
  12. Guild halls
  13. Level cap increase
  15. New dungeons
  2. They’re already talking about a CDI on GvG. Also does not need an expansion to implement.
  3. Could be easily delivered via Living Story. In fact, I’d expect them to have planned that from the start.
  4. Could be easily delivered via Living Story. In fact, I’d expect them to have planned that from the start.
  5. Could be easily delivered via Living Story. In fact, I’d expect them to have planned that from the start.
  6. We’ve already gotten healing skills in patches tied to the Living Story so I see no reason why there would be any need for an expansion to add skills.
  7. They’ve been adding crafting recipes and expanding crafting in general (Ascended crafting, revamping the crafting interface) without an expansion so far.
  8. They’ve done dungeons and revamped world bosses with ties to Living Story, no reason they couldn’t do this as well as it’s practically identical in terms of gameplay.
  9. They’ve already changed WvW plenty (adding WvW skills and traps, changing the maps) without needing an expansion.
  10. They’ve already added new areas via Living Story so there’s no need for an expansion to add areas.
  13. They should never, ever, increase the level cap for any reason. Increasing the level cap would make all non-Legendary gear obsolete, which would cause a massive shift in the TP, not to mention kittening off everyone who’s spent time getting Ascended gear.
  15. They’ve already tinkered with dungeons via Living Story, what makes you think they would need an expansion to do it?

From the looks of it, everything that you think they should put into an expansion they have already experimented with via Living Story or could easily do without an expansion. Expansions are a risk, because it would force all of the current players to re-consider whether they want to keep playing the game and it makes the bar for new players even higher. It’s not exactly news that the bar of entry to a game like World of Warcraft, with their heptillion expansions, is very high due to the costs and hassle of getting them all. And I have to say that one of the best things about GW2 is that you play it whenever you want to. There’s no gear treadmill making your stuff obsolete every 6 months and there’s no monthly subscription.

What an expansion does that Living Story cannot do, is hype the product outside of the current playerbase. Living Story is perfectly capable of delivering everything that an expansion can give, but it doesn’t cost anything for the players except time.

Your response is silly to the point that I think you’re joking or trolling. Of course the living story can deliver all of these things no one ever said it couldnt. The point is that it’s not. The LS isn’t creating g excitement in terms of bringing people back or buildin anticipation. When you receive an expansion in large chunks. It’s about anticipation. Wow players know a year in advance what the expansion is going to be and then wait another year to play it. Anet leaves us in the dark and we really don’t know what direction they will go with anything. We have traits and features broken since launch that no one has bothered to look at or fix. We have a guardian class with a worth less shield and the community has come up with many ways to improve it and it’s never been considered publicly. Living story can do things, it’s just not done in a fashion that’s benefitting.

Quoting for truth.

Guardian’s shield really needs a checkup.

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Sorry but you are half wrong. The LS doesn’t create excitement, I agree. But your first statement says the living story can deliver all those expansion like pieces of content. Are you sure? How do you know? Because we haven’t received it yet. We’ve received 2 new zones in 7 months and 7 personal story like instances. Great, now you can mark off personal story and new zones.

Wheres everything else? GvG, new pvp modes, wvw innovation, guild halls, new weapons, new races, new skills, new classes. The living story is too slow paced or Arenanet doesn’t have what it takes to do those things. Its ironic considering the living story prided itself on having the fastest content cycle. With the first season this was true but the problem was the temporary nature of what we received. With the second season, this couldn’t be farther from the truth. We have more breaks than actual bi-weekly content cycles.

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

It pains me to say this, but I would not spend a single dollar on an expansion for this game the way things stand.

I love things about GW2 but it is too broken. There are too many issues. Expanding on it would be like peeing in the wind. It’s sad, because this game could hav been epic. It’s got good bones but poor choices have left it mediocre. I’m not paying for mediocre.

Posted by: Piratoz.8627

Piratoz.8627

Wrong. GW2 does not need an expansion, and it is far from needing one critically. I’ve said it so many times already that I don’t even feel like typing out the full response. Just, no. You’re paranoid / unable to see the full picture, just no.

Yeah GW2 doesn’t need anything, GW2 could continue releasing content at a snails pace and slowly shrink and fade into obscurity as an example of how not to manage a MMO. And no one is able to see the big picture as Anet refuses to talk about future content releases, a communication policy that in my opinion is a farce, an example of how not to do things in an industry where communication with your player base is essential to success.

And releasing a chunk of content every 2 years is a better way to go? So you get an expansion, then nothing for 2 years, then another, then nothing for 2 years, and so on. OR they could continue doing what they are doing and release a smaller chunk every 2 weeks (not counting breaks for holidays and such) for free, and still achieve the same amount of stuff that would be in a traditional expansion?

So during those off times, after an expansion, and everything is played through in less than a year, the game still loses players, as those who are bored stop playing, and the same dire predictions of the game fading into obscurity are even more realized.

Except for the part where the content released by the living story thus far is not even close the amount released by a traditional triple-A MMO expansion pack. I personally don’t care what format they release content in. The important thing is that Anet needs to actually push some substantial content out.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I really need to quit reading these threads. It’s like Groundhog’s Day around here lately.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

FFXIV:ARR does both. It is getting its first expansion before GW2, and we’re talking about a game which was released long after GW2.

FFXIV is a older game than GW2 (initial release date was like in 2010). The fact is that game had to be re-done from scratch, as it was just a complete shamble of a mmo. So yes, development time was spent on it much longer and they took on board as to what most other MMO’ were offering. As a way for apologising to the user base for launching such a shoddy game in the first place. They listen to the players and communicate with them. But in all, they have done really well within their first year of re-launching.

As for this post. Another expansion thread.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Yeah GW2 doesn’t need anything, GW2 could continue releasing content at a snails pace and slowly shrink and fade into obscurity as an example of how not to manage a MMO. And no one is able to see the big picture as Anet refuses to talk about future content releases, a communication policy that in my opinion is a farce, an example of how not to do things in an industry where communication with your player base is essential to success.

And releasing a chunk of content every 2 years is a better way to go? So you get an expansion, then nothing for 2 years, then another, then nothing for 2 years, and so on. OR they could continue doing what they are doing and release a smaller chunk every 2 weeks (not counting breaks for holidays and such) for free, and still achieve the same amount of stuff that would be in a traditional expansion?

So during those off times, after an expansion, and everything is played through in less than a year, the game still loses players, as those who are bored stop playing, and the same dire predictions of the game fading into obscurity are even more realized.

Every two years?

Guild Wars Prophecies – April 28, 2005
Guild Wars Factions – April 28, 2006 (12 months later (that’s 1 year))
Guild Wars Nightfall – October 27, 2006 (6 months later (that’s 1/2 year))
Guild Wars Eye of the North – August 31st, 2007 (10 months later (that’s <1 year))

Taken from: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars

They seem to have been able to produce expansions in half your suggested time, even less in 2/3 cases. I think there was already a comparison of what has been brought by the expansion vs what has been brought through LS/updates.

Oh yeah, they also had some QoL and balance patches (3-14 minor patches per month). Oh and seasonal/holiday festive patches and whatnot.

It’s also weird that GW1 didn’t have a subscription, and only received a full-on cash shop on July 28, 2006 – which is after the 1st expansion and a bit before the 2nd one.

Yeah, LS/updates are “free” (some may say they’re supported through gem store)… but those expansions were well worth the money IMO.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

Hi.
I invested in this game a huge amount of time,started playing more than 2 years ago and i still love this game almost like it’s the 1st day i’m playing.
Every single day i can see “We need an expansion if we don’t want this game to die” threads but adopting the expansion system,releasing substential content every year or even 2 times a year,because good expansions require time to develop,will be this game’s doom,downfall,death…however you want to call it.
Why?

I created my guild 1 year ago,i’ve been in guild alliances,i interacted with a huge amount of players in the years i played and from that experience and my experience i can answer.

-Gw2 is not like other games,is not a game that keeps you plying for the best gear…to farm and raid countless hours to get that piece of armor,to kill that boss countless times for the weapon that’s essential for the progression.

-Gw2 focuses on you having a good and enjoyable experience playing in a beautiful environment without the need for hardcore farming or the hindrance of the other games.

-Gw2 was created like the theme park ride you enjoy and want to never stop but at some point stops,even if you do it several times.
Now to get straight to the point.

-Players are leaving and playing other games during the living word breaks and coming back to play the next chunk of content release,some stay more,some never leave but many players are finishing the content in few hours and then complain how short the content was and that’s nothing else to do and ask for expansions,if this game had the progression other games have,heavy grinding,hard leveling heavy….whatever, the things would be different.

-But i want to ask you,how many players will stay in this game after finishing the expansion content,how much time it will take for the players to get bored with the expansion content,let’s say that it takes…i don’t know,1 month (and that’s a stretch) to finish the new “dungeons”,to level the new race/clases to unlock the new armors/weapons,to starte at the guild hall,to do GvG,to explore the new map,to finish the new story?
The way the players rush the content…it will take less.
Players are getting bored and leaving in the 1 or 2 weeks break,but how may will get bored in a 5 months- 1 yer break?

(Sry…this is kinda long,but thank you if yout take your time to read this and maybe you can prove me wrong.)

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

(edited by Nury.3062)

SkylightMoon.1980

Players simple want this.
A standard quantity of content(gw2 is subpar right now)
Something different than 30 minute personal story instances and an open world map per 3 months

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Oh look a “not an expansion” expansion thread.

Nury.3062

Something different than 30 minute personal story instances and an open world map per 3 months

I do not say that more content is nice,but coming with an expansion it will dmg more than help the game,if the stuff is realeased likethe LS,every few LS a new map….or after finishing a season,a race/class,map….whatever…but adopting the expansion (once every xxxx months content) will not benefit the game.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The Burninator

Nury.3062

Oh look a “not an expansion” expansion thread.

Oh look,someone who posts overused “phrases” to look more…………..dumb?!

SkylightMoon.1980

I do not say that more content is nice,but coming with an expansion it will dmg more than help the game,if the stuff is realeased likethe LS,every few LS a new map….or after finishing a season,a race/class,map….whatever…but adopting the expansion (once every xxxx months content) will not benefit the game.

“I do not say that more content is nice” You say this as if we have a lot of content already lol. Well however you feel, you are of a small minority who is okay with the small amount of content. For people who have 2 hours a week to play, it probably feels right.

An expansion can in no way damage the game. It would only make ti grow. It will bring old and new players back.

One thing is for sure. What is happening right now in gw2 is hurting the game. Thats evident from the NCsoft reports on Anets quarterly income.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

no, guild wars 2 don’t need an expansion.

traditional expansion will only divide the community.

guild wars 2 needs more structured player versus player updates.

Nury.3062

Having threads made to basically get the “yea,we want an expansion” players together has no room for the ones who oppose the idea,so having a thread for the ones who don’t want an expansion it is a good balance.

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

no, guild wars 2 don’t need an expansion.

traditional expansion will only divide the community.

guild wars 2 needs more structured player versus player updates.

First sentence – Sure.

Second sentence – What? o.O

Third sentence – Yeah, sPvP updates are welcome, just like all other updates are.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

JustTrogdor.7892

Having threads made to basically get the “yea,we want an expansion” players together has no room for the ones who oppose the idea,so having a thread for the ones who don’t want an expansion it is a good balance.

Until all those “X-pac or GW2 will fail” folks flock into the thread and turn it into yet another thread on the topic that has been debated over and over and over and over.

The Burninator

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

I agree, in a perfect world I would double the original world; I would pay the box price of the original game.

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

GW2 needs an expansion with Living Story in addition to Colin J making an interview every month where the word Cantha has to be mentioned at least 3 times in each interview.

Otherwise no.. I won’t be statisfied.

Nury.3062

“I do not say that more content is nice” You say this as if we have a lot of content already lol. Well however you feel, you are of a small minority who is okay with the small amount of content. For people who have 2 hours a week to play, it probably feels right.
An expansion can in no way damage the game. It would only make ti grow. It will bring old and new players back.

One thing is for sure. What is happening right now in gw2 is hurting the game. Thats evident from the NCsoft reports on Anets quarterly income.

Not sure where do you see that i “say this as if we have a lot content already”…maybe you have a point of view that can see stuff i don’t want to deliver.
And i played daily since november last year,before that i played but with breaks.I know the content this game has.
It’s true,it might get back the old players…but for how long?How long will stay those players after the content is consumed knowing that you ahve to wait anotehr xxxx months or an year for a new content? In the long run this will dmg the game,it will get some players back but for what price?I know i will get bored to wait that much time and i’m sure i’m not the only one.
And you say “Minority”,that’s so wrong,the players who are happy with the game are playing the game,not checking the forums,the ones that are not happy are on the forum creating “We need an expansion threads”…minority on the forum….

Nury.3062

Until all those “X-pac or GW2 will fail” folks flock into the thread and turn it into yet another thread on the topic that has been debated over and over and over and over.

All we can do is to give valid reasons why that’s wrong since this thread was made to drawn the players who can see why we don’t need one.
But sometimes is hard to make the blind see…

SkylightMoon.1980

Not sure where do you see that i “say this as if we have a lot content already”…maybe you have a point of view that can see stuff i don’t want to deliver.
And i played daily since november last year,before that i played but with breaks.I know the content this game has.
It’s true,it might get back the old players…but for how long?How long will stay those players after the content is consumed knowing that you ahve to wait anotehr xxxx months or an year for a new content? In the long run this will dmg the game,it will get some players back but for what price?I know i will get bored to wait that much time and i’m sure i’m not the only one.
And you say “Minority”,that’s so wrong,the players who are happy with the game are playing the game,not checking the forums,the ones that are not happy are on the forum creating “We need an expansion threads”…minority on the forum….

You’re the minority because statistics show so. Reddit gw2 had a poll of some several thousand participants. Nearly all agreed to the need for an expansion. Why? Because of the lack of content delivered. Its that simple.

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

You’re the minority because statistics show so. Reddit gw2 had a poll of some several thousand participants. Nearly all agreed to the need for an expansion. Why? Because of the lack of content delivered. Its that simple.

No, several thousand participants who use the forums/reddit/ect. have agreed they want an expansion. There are thousands and thousands of players who never check the forums, so you can assume they dont check reddit either, giving a poll like that a terrible amount of bias and making it useless.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

JustTrogdor.7892

All we can do is to give valid reasons why that’s wrong since this thread was made to drawn the players who can see why we don’t need one.

Your thread title is already challenging the pro-expansion crowd to join in the debate. "For all those “We need an expansion asap!”" I don’t see how it was meant to draw in players that don’t want an expansion. Either way, yet another expansion thread. It gets old no matter what side of the fence you are on.

The Burninator

Nury.3062

Your thread title is already challenging the pro-expansion crowd to join in the debate. "For all those “We need an expansion asap!”" I don’t see how it was meant to draw in players that don’t want an expansion. Either way, yet another expansion thread. It gets old no matter what side of the fence you are on.

Then what are you doing here if you have nothing to add to the matter,nobody needs your opinion in this thread if has nothing to do with the question asked in it.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

To be honest, I don’t believe any of us are qualified or understand fully the development time and cost required for the game. I’d love to have more content too but, I can see why it takes so long to create.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Nury.3062

I barely use the forum…almost never reddit so imagine those who don’t use the forum at all why would they use reddit…i might go to the extent to say the players who don’t even play much the game use reddit and forum…or maybe not,i don’t know,but seems like it.

If they would make an in game poll,then we would see who’s the minority

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

A better question to you OP is.. Are you going to complain and quit if Anet releases an expansion?

I somehow highly doubt (call me crazy), that’d you’d complain or quit at all. I’m sure you’d be happy with it.

I’ll also ask you this; is giving players additional things to do a bad thing? Would it not make the game more appealing to new players?

JustTrogdor.7892

Then what are you doing here if you have nothing to add to the matter,nobody needs your opinion in this thread if has nothing to do with the question asked in it.

You didn’t ask a question. You posted your opinion on a topic that is currently being discussed in two threads already on the front page. I’m here because I’m tired of threads being posted several times a day on topics that have been beaten to death. It gets old. If you have thoughts on a topic that is already on the front page you should post them in that topic. Your opinion is not so special that it warrants yet another thread on the same topic.

The Burninator

SkylightMoon.1980

No, several thousand participants who use the forums/reddit/ect. have agreed they want an expansion. There are thousands and thousands of players who never check the forums, so you can assume they dont check reddit either, giving a poll like that a terrible amount of bias and making it useless.

Ye and thats the only way to get a representation of your community. Is through forums. Demographics won’t tell you anything about what your players want. Thats why devs encourage people to communicate.

With your logic, the CDI’s are useless because they don’t tell us what the community wants lol.

Posted by: Piratoz.8627

Piratoz.8627

You didn’t ask a question. You posted your opinion on a topic that is currently being discussed in two threads already on the front page. I’m here because I’m tired of threads being posted several times a day on topics that have been beaten to death. It gets old. If you have thoughts on a topic that is already on the front page you should post them in that topic. Your opinion is not so special that it warrants yet another thread on the same topic.

Everyone has the same right to voice their opinions on the forum, not just what you want to see. There is nothing wrong with having multiple posts on the same topic. If people want to talk about expansions, then they are free to make as many threads and posts as they want. After all, everybody paid a fair price for the game and thus everyone here has access to write whatever they want as long as it is within forum rules. Many people are not satisfied with the direction Anet is taking the game in and how they are handling things. Arguably the biggest problems that GW2 faces today are lack of content and no/poor communication from Anet regarding future content releases, thus many people will complain about it.

(edited by Piratoz.8627)

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

30 minutes is an an exaggeration. True, it was close last update, but usually it is closer to two hours.

Nury.3062

Not sure what makes your opinion special then…..

SkylightMoon.1980

I barely use the forum…almost never reddit so imagine those who don’t use the forum at all why would they use reddit…i might go to the extent to say the players who don’t even play much the game use reddit and forum…or maybe not,i don’t know,but seems like it.

I can guarantee youd still be the minority. The forums/reddit are the only means in which people communicate their desires towards the direction of the game. Without it, anet would be mostly in the dark. Big changes have been made to the game throghout its history because of the voices of the forum/reddit population. It obviously shows that Anet has to trust the these sources.

JustTrogdor.7892

Everyone has the same right to voice their opinions on the forum, not just what you want to see. There is nothing wrong with having multiple posts on the same topic. Many people are not satisfied with the direction Anet is taking the game in and how they are handling things. Arguably the biggest problems that GW2 faces today are lack of content and no/poor communication from Anet regarding future content releases, thus many people will complain about it.

Anet merges and closes topics often that are on the same topic or over done. See many of the mount threads. They should merge this one as well but I think the mods are off for the night.

The Burninator

Nury.3062

A better question to you OP is.. Are you going to complain and quit if Anet releases an expansion?

I somehow highly doubt (call me crazy), that’d you’d complain or quit at all. I’m sure you’d be happy with it.

I’ll also ask you this; is giving players additional things to do a bad thing? Would it not make the game more appealing to new players?

Who said that i would quit,but who knows what i will do after i finish the expansion content and have to wait i don’t know how many months for new content…

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

i have done every content in the game so i need more im bored whit this game there is nothing that will make me play it more and i have 100 people offline on my f list telling me the same thing 5 of them are from real life and they are playing WOW now so yeah not having content is making people that investing time and money inside game to think that the game is going down they stop invest more in it and stop playing it also is boring to do the same things AGAIN AND AGAIN

SkylightMoon.1980

Who said that i would quit,but who knows what i will do after i finish the expansion content and have to wait i don’t know how many months for new content…

I dont think anyone wants Anet to switch to only expansions for content releases. What I think most imagine is them keeping the living story, but starting the next one with an expansion. That would be starting a bi-weekly cycle with a new continent, new races, new classes, etc. All the expansion stuff youd expect in the introductory expansion for the LS, because the LS has proved to be incapable of doing any of that content.

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

To my knowledge, which can be summarized as reading 80% of the posts on here, there is pretty much nothing that can satisfy this community. Literally something always has to cause conflict and several rage posts. To add to that, most of the forum posts that do offer criticism, don’t offer it constructively. There is a lot of “This is the last straw Anet”, or “Does Anet even care about their players?” on this forum. We get patches every month! And in the last 2 months, its been twice a month, which is absolutely insane for a game. Obviously its a continual learning process, but I don’t think most of you actually take the time to appreciate the immense work Anet puts into the game, part of which is going on the forums listening to you guys make lousy complaints.

I’m bored. had a beer. I’m going to leave this here. Not for the reasons you think though…. This is from a year ago.
(Sorry for using you as an example Skylight)

It’s because it highlights the way some players, while previously championing the ANet cause, have become a bit jaded. I agree it’s time for an expansion. Maybe not right now, but if Anet were to come out and say “We are hoping for an amazing addition to our product in 2016 that everyone will love, although it may cost $x amount” then it would quiet the fears of a lot of people that are worried the current content is becoming stale.

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

1. Player housing
  2. GvG
  3. New races
  4. New classes
  8. Raids
  10. New continent
  12. Guild halls
  13. Level cap increase
  15. New dungeons

Your response is silly to the point that I think you’re joking or trolling. Of course the living story can deliver all of these things no one ever said it couldnt. The point is that it’s not. The LS isn’t creating g excitement in terms of bringing people back or buildin anticipation. When you receive an expansion in large chunks. It’s about anticipation. Wow players know a year in advance what the expansion is going to be and then wait another year to play it. Anet leaves us in the dark and we really don’t know what direction they will go with anything.

Living story can do things, it’s just not done in a fashion that’s benefitting.

Couldn’t have said it better.

Nury.3062

I can guarantee youd still be the minority. The forums/reddit are the only means in which people communicate their desires towards the direction of the game. Without it, anet would be mostly in the dark. Big changes have been made to the game throghout its history because of the voices of the forum/reddit population. It obviously shows that Anet has to trust the these sources.

How many people complain and have resonable complains about new changes,all that shows how trusting the forum is flawed but sadly but there aren’t other ways to do it,they should try in game msges maybe….idk…because the forum is one pile of “if that’s my point of view everyone shold have that point of view”.

SkylightMoon.1980

To my knowledge, which can be summarized as reading 80% of the posts on here, there is pretty much nothing that can satisfy this community. Literally something always has to cause conflict and several rage posts. To add to that, most of the forum posts that do offer criticism, don’t offer it constructively. There is a lot of “This is the last straw Anet”, or “Does Anet even care about their players?” on this forum. We get patches every month! And in the last 2 months, its been twice a month, which is absolutely insane for a game. Obviously its a continual learning process, but I don’t think most of you actually take the time to appreciate the immense work Anet puts into the game, part of which is going on the forums listening to you guys make lousy complaints.

I’m bored. had a beer. I’m going to leave this here. Not for the reasons you think though…. This is from a year ago.
(Sorry for using you as an example Skylight)

It’s because it highlights the way some players, while previously championing the ANet cause, have become a bit jaded. I agree it’s time for an expansion. Maybe not right now, but if Anet were to come out and say “We are hoping for an amazing addition to our product in 2016 that everyone will love, although it may cost $x amount” then it would quiet the fears of a lot of people that are worried the current content is becoming stale.

lol. Because I gave the LS a chance? Ye I used to think the LS could be a very big thing. Ive been proved wrong. I gave it a very fair chance for its content delivery and can objectively say it failed.