Guild Missions [merged]

Guild Missions [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Genewen.2415

Genewen.2415

<—- Almost never posts, because gamer forums can be pretty unpleasant places, but yup, this was upsetting enough to draw me out.

Same for me. I rarely ever post, but this patch is, once again, so bad that I just have to log in and restate that.

One big line of fail in the changes to this game since the introduction of asc. gear back in November. “We don’t make grindy games”? Don’t make me laugh.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: stobie.2134

stobie.2134

We know how much it costs to unlock Guild Missions. We know what we unlock, & can easily read how hard some of the missions are, & how many players they require. It will be pretty hard for those of us in small guilds to ‘run an event’ when by pretty simple math, it will take many weeks to unlock any of it.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Kirbyprime.2645

Kirbyprime.2645

I’m not sure if this has been answered, but how does cross server members factor into guild missions?

My guild is on another server and has everything unlocked there, I on the other hand can’t access anything since I’m on another server. It’s a PvE dungeon / Fractal guild so I have no issue with this but with the new guild missions I’m wondering if this will be a problem.

So question, can I do the guild missions and get rewards from a cross-server guild? And if not, well… why not?! I don’t want to have to get a guild JUST for guild missions.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Whobear.9486

Whobear.9486

We know how much it costs to unlock Guild Missions. We know what we unlock, & can easily read how hard some of the missions are, & how many players they require. It will be pretty hard for those of us in small guilds to ‘run an event’ when by pretty simple math, it will take many weeks to unlock any of it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/guilds/guilds/Guilds-too-small-for-missions/first#post1522331

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: jesterchaos.5907

jesterchaos.5907

Let me reiterate what Izzy said in another thread:

Isaiah Cartwright

I know there have been some concerns about Guild Bounties being in the Art of War line. Our goal with this system is to give guilds activities and long-term progression that they can accomplish by working together as a guild. These missions are meant to be difficult and challenging to not only unlock, but to accomplish.

We would also like to make every guild upgrade line valuable to every guild. Currently, Art of War is very focused on PvP and WvW, but our plan is to continue to add more guild upgrades in the Art of War line to accomplish this. These Guild Missions are the first step. Along with this system, we also added a number of new guild upgrades that guilds can earn.

In the end, our goal for all of this content is to give guilds new goals and challenges to accomplished once they have researched deeply into each line, as well as require guilds to have researched multiple lines to unlock some upgrades. We expect guild members to have to work together as a guild to earn the influence needed to unlock these new missions, as well as overcome the challenge of the missions themselves.

In the future, we plan to continue to add more guild upgrades, as well as continue to add challenging guild missions, as we don’t want guilds to run out of goals and accomplishments they can achieve.

~Izzy @-’—-

This was in a post that was closed were we were already voicing our concerns that got closed.

Simple fact is recruiting now for smaller guilds will be next to impossible. People will go with big guilds that already have the guild infrastructure in place. Smalls guilds dont stand a chance of competing. Its that simple.

And with the plans to add even more to the guild build line that means we are gonna fall further and further behind as people leave to join the big guilds where this stuff is set up.

(edited by jesterchaos.5907)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

Grinding is running the same events over and over purely for leveling up and progression. This is not a true grind in that its something that leads up to progression now if your talking about running guild events over and over this is more true to the idea of a grind. Its like getting mad at part one of a story because you got to read it before you can get to part 2.

I think it’s more equivalent to saying that you would get mad at one part of a story because you would have to read the first part, then take an exorbitantly pointless long time piecing every page together of the second part before being able to read it.

No that would be calling every thing in the game up to the point of guild events “pointless long time piecing every page together.” See to get to the AoW level you must PLAY the game a odd idea right to think you got to play a game to play a game!

I never said that you shouldn’t have to play the game. It’s still an incredibly ludicrous amount of gameplay time needed to get that much influence, especially for a Guild of 5-15 players that have school, jobs, or parenting to do. The amount of grinding that a small Guild would have to do to be able to “pay” for the influence is insane and offputting.

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Radio Isotope.3045

Radio Isotope.3045

(TLE) The Legendary Eternum, Devona’s Rest
Guild Founder

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Grinding is running the same events over and over purely for leveling up and progression. This is not a true grind in that its something that leads up to progression now if your talking about running guild events over and over this is more true to the idea of a grind. Its like getting mad at part one of a story because you got to read it before you can get to part 2.

I think it’s more equivalent to saying that you would get mad at one part of a story because you would have to read the first part, then take an exorbitantly pointless long time piecing every page together of the second part before being able to read it.

No that would be calling every thing in the game up to the point of guild events “pointless long time piecing every page together.” See to get to the AoW level you must PLAY the game a odd idea right to think you got to play a game to play a game!

I never said that you shouldn’t have to play the game. It’s still an incredibly ludicrous amount of gameplay time needed to get that much influence, especially for a Guild of 5-15 players that have school, jobs, or parenting to do. The amount of grinding that a small Guild would have to do to be able to “pay” for the influence is insane and offputting.

Well why be in a big guild or in a guild at all then? The idea was to reward ppl for being in active guilds not guild that are so small that they have problems making one pt (there is a line that needs to be made the difference between a guild and a pt) or guild that only show up at the end of the month for a week and then everyone goes away waiting for the next update.

Think of it this way this guild mission set has no info about what you get for being in the guild that started it or not being in the guild that started it. I would like more info before ppl start screaming for Anets blood. Read what ppl are posting they are going too far some of them could be reported for person attks.

If Anet finds it to be too much of a burden for “small” guilds i am sure there will be a fix one way or another. Just please do not think you must get all the new content done the first day it has come out.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

Ask yourself this question: why are you complaining?

All personal rewards attained through the missions are available through other means, and the content itself can be done with a guild you’re not even a part of. You’re not missing out on the experience, and you’re not missing out on the benefits.

What exactly are you missing out on? Well, guild merits for your guild. To do the higher tiered missions you can already do with other guilds, to get the rewards that are already available to you.

The complaining is absurd, and is the epitome of self-entitlement. Not even for rewards or the experience itself, just because. Personally, I haven’t had a meaningful use for influence since Halloween, and I know I’m not alone in welcoming this kind of content.

Guild Missions [merged]

jesterchaos.5907

Well why be in a big guild or in a guild at all then? The idea was to reward ppl for being in active guilds not guild that are so small that they have problems making one pt (there is a line that needs to be made the difference between a guild and a pt) or guild that only show up at the end of the month for a week and then everyone goes away waiting for the next update.

Think of it this way this guild mission set has no info about what you get for being in the guild that started it or not being in the guild that started it. I would like more info before ppl start screaming for Anets blood. Read what ppl are posting they are going too far some of them could be reported for person attks.

If Anet finds it to be too much of a burden for “small” guilds i am sure there will be a fix one way or another. Just please do not think you must get all the new content done the first day it has come out.

This was a thread designed to allow people to express concerns if you dont have any concerns and are quite happy with the system why post? You are of course allowed to openly voice your oppinion but so are we. Our opinions are no less valid than yours.

Guild Missions [merged]

jesterchaos.5907

Ask yourself this question: why are you complaining?

All personal rewards attained through the missions are available through other means, and the content itself can be done with a guild you’re not even a part of. You’re not missing out on the experience, and you’re not missing out on the benefits.

What exactly are you missing out on? Well, guild merits for your guild. To do the higher tiered missions you can already do with other guilds, to get the rewards that are already available to you.

The complaining is absurd, and is the epitome of self-entitlement. Not even for rewards or the experience itself, just because. Personally, I haven’t had a meaningful use for influence since Halloween, and I know I’m not alone in welcoming this kind of content.

Its not absurd if you want your guild to grow your argument is based on the diea that all we want is loot. Some of us were trying to build a community an outmoded and obviously ridiculous concept in modern gaming.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

To all the naysayers, some of the rewards are ascended items. So how is this even fair to small guilds? This is creating a vast imbalance in the game, so the rewards are not pointless. This isn’t gating people, this is effectively locking them out of content, rewards and this is just the start.

Soon, we’ll be seeing raids or hardmodes for elitist players – Truely, the casual player in GW2 should just quit now.

Attachments:

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

(edited by TsukasaHiiragi.9730)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

This was a thread designed to allow people to express concerns if you dont have any concerns and are quite happy with the system why post? You are of course allowed to openly voice your oppinion but so are we. Our opinions are no less valid than yours.

No your right your opinions are valid as long as you can back them up to a point. I guess i am some what venting here its very depressing to look at the forms when a new talk about this comes up. I truly like this game but i do not wish to lose point of view from the game having ppl post (i hate this rage quit) is not helpful. (i also have a bad habitat of posting a bit too much on thing i have a lot of though put into them.)
Sry for the spam.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

I’m in a Guild with my friends. The same people that I enjoy playing the game with. Why did ArenaNet design it so that instead of us being able to play, achieve, and complete these new Guild Missions together in our current Guild, we all have to go join some Guild with hundreds of players, so we can experience the content and get the rewards that are available EXCLUSIVELY through them?

And just so you know, they have put out information through various fansite interviews about how you don’t actually get anything from doing the Guild Missions unless you’re in that Guild. That’s why there is so many people upset about this.

[As an extra note, I am fully aware that the Ascended accessories obtained through Guild Missions are also available if you purchase them for 40 Laurels and 50 Ectos. If that’s not an incredible amount of time/gold, I don’t know what is.]

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

No your right your opinions are valid as long as you can back them up to a point.

An opinion by its very nature can neither be valid or invalid. That is left for truths which are determined by data acquired or testing of some means neither of which can be done currently.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Pietoro.2014

Pietoro.2014

Making all the mission types dependent on one tree instead of individually unlocked via investment in their various trees was, frankly, a pants-on-head stupid idea.

I’m in another small PvE guild that had nothing in Art of War and we’re now screwed dumping Influence into a tree we’ll never use 99% of, to get a mission type few of us are interested in, that we’ll have to farm in order to unlock the types we DO want to do.

ArenaNet, you effed up big time. You effed over small, PvE guilds. You put up barriers to friends having fun together on their own terms, which is a value you claimed to hold higher than any other.

+Gaura Havocshot – Engineer
+Felzza – Elementalist
+Roienna – Guardian

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: stobie.2134

stobie.2134

Yup! Any other tree, & we’d be able to consider a mission unlock. But Art of War? Not even close.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

I think everyone who has a guild should be able to enjoy the Guild Missions on the same level regardless the size of the guild. I’m in a guild of less than 5 members who I know very well in real life. I want to enjoy Guild Missions on my guild without forcing me to add members or join larger guilds. Your would-be question “Why shouldn’t you just join a larger guild or invite more?” is perhaps the same as me questioning “Why do I see a lot of players with 5k achievements and having 1500+ hours of play time do not have a guild yet?”. Probably, each player has their own playstyles.

Again, I think Guild Missions should be there for everyone to enjoy without forcing them things they might not want to do.

Right now, it’s fine for me if I won’t be able to enjoy this. Sure, I’m gonna miss its fun and reward but I don’t think this will encourage me to join large guild or invite more people in my guild as those things are really outside my comfort zone.

EDIT: I still have an option to enjoy Guild Missions. Right now, the guild earns 200 influence a day. Without spending any gold, it would take at least 8 months for us to start a mission.

No offense… Your ‘guild’ doen’t even comprise of enough people to make a party. Guild accomplishments that could be completed by ‘guilds’ like yours would be completely meaningless for a guild that is considerably larger, which are most guilds.
I’m sorry your smaller than party-sized guild can’t complete content meant for larger groups, but did you honestly expect the game to always cater to a group your size and never offer content for guilds that are larger and waiting for something to spend their hundreds of thousands of unused influence on?

~Tarnished Coast~

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Hatsumomo.5067

Hatsumomo.5067

My guild completed the Tier 1 of guild bounty tonight with about 4-5 groups of people (so about 25-30 of us) and it was great fun. We got really close to completing Tier 2, but found the NPCs at the last minute. Darn.

I personally am a huge fan of this new update… it’s a lot of fun and encouraged our guild to come together to accomplish a goal. Thumbs up!

Sunrin [Aco] – 80 elementalist
Jade Quarry

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

overheard conversations in /map — NOT just once:

player a: “Guild [XYZ] recruiting for blah blah blah we have blah blah blah we offer blah blah blah pst me for more info!”

player b: “How close are you to guild missions?”

’nuff sed? thanks, anet.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Martin The Brave.8731

Martin The Brave.8731

People will complain and whine about everything that is not handed directly to them, I understand that some are in relatively small guild’s(Start recruiting and become more active). But the content being given can be completed without having a large guild, If you really need to do the content then why not join multiple guilds (Problem Solved). This is Guild related content it is suppose to be hard to attain; I bet the same people who are complaining about this are complaining about Ascended Gear and Level Progression.

Nothing, worth having comes easy….

Guild Missions [merged]

Genewen.2415

No offense… Your ‘guild’ doen’t even comprise of enough people to make a party. Guild accomplishments that could be completed by ‘guilds’ like yours would be completely meaningless for a guild that is considerably larger, which are most guilds.
I’m sorry your smaller than party-sized guild can’t complete content meant for larger groups, but did you honestly expect the game to always cater to a group your size and never offer content for guilds that are larger and waiting for something to spend their hundreds of thousands of unused influence on?

What do you think that scaling system they love to advertise so much is for? Well, obviously for not using it on guild missions, we can all see that. But since it already exists and is being used on all the other open-PvE DEs, I have to ask you the question why anyone shouldn’t ask for this content to scale as well. Especially with that blog post stating that even smallest guilds would not be left in the dust.

People will complain and whine about everything that is not handed directly to them, I understand that some are in relatively small guild’s(Start recruiting and become more active). But the content being given can be completed without having a large guild, If you really need to do the content then why not join multiple guilds (Problem Solved). This is Guild related content it is suppose to be hard to attain; I bet the same people who are complaining about this are complaining about Ascended Gear and Level Progression.

You don’t even bother to try to understand why people are in small guilds, right? Here’s a hint: it is not because they were not able to join the big ant colonies.

(edited by Genewen.2415)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Fortuna.7259

Fortuna.7259

This is a game. It shouldn’t involve built-in chores before we can play. I have enough chores in real life. Seriously, what is wrong with the MMO mentality?

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Guild Missions [merged]

Martin The Brave.8731

What do you think that scaling system they love to advertise so much is for? Well, obviously for not using it on guild missions, we can all see that. But since it already exists and is being used on all the other open-PvE DEs, I have to ask you the question why anyone shouldn’t ask for this content to scale as well. Especially with that blog post stating that even smallest guilds would not be left in the dust.

You don’t even bother to try to understand why people are in small guilds, right? Here’s a hint: it is not because they were not able to join the big ant colonies.

I am a member of two Guild’s, one comprised of me and a few friends from my school years. Then a large Guild who I have come to enjoy the presence of. It isn’t hard for a person to both manage being in a small and large Guild.

Guild Missions [merged]

Martin The Brave.8731

This is a game. It shouldn’t involve built-in chores before we can play. I have enough chores in real life. Seriously, what is wrong with the MMO mentality?

Game are also about challenges; Sure maybe unlocking it may be daunting in itself, but you will be doing the same content you enjoyed from 1-80 to achieve this end. If you dont want to wait a long time to jump into the action join a larger guild like I did. If not you can complain about (Not saying that you are)

Guild Missions [merged]

Genewen.2415

I am a member of two Guild’s, one comprised of me and a few friends from my school years. Then a large Guild who I have come to enjoy the presence of. It isn’t hard for a person to both manage being in a small and large Guild.

It’s great that you enjoy being part of a big, mostly anonymous chunk, but you might want to remind yourself that not everyone shares your preferences. There are tons of people out there who do not find it enjoyable to be part of a mass of players most of which they know nothing more about than their screen name.

I’m totally fine with you and others enjoying your kind of playstile, but you should not ask everyone else to be the same as you.

Game are also about challenges; Sure maybe unlocking it may be daunting in itself, but you will be doing the same content you enjoyed from 1-80 to achieve this end. If you dont want to wait a long time to jump into the action join a larger guild like I did. If not you can complain about (Not saying that you are)

You are confusing having numbers with having skill. Fielding 200 players does not mean that most of them are able to even discern their elbow from their behind. Accepting an invite from on the numerous “invite-everything-that-comes-across”-guilds out there is not a challenge.

(edited by Genewen.2415)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Frogmafia.9602

Frogmafia.9602

Best regards,

Matipzieu SilverSmash
GM of KyA since 2002
DAoC, EQ2, WoW, LOTRO, RIFT, GW2

(post 4/4)

Wow! You basically outlined everything that should be done (if anything taken into consideration).

Thank you for taking the time to write this!

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

If this had been in since launch, would you still be complaining?

No, because I wouldn’t have bought the game. Pretty simple, eh?

However, because this > http://youtu.be/bKtGxVj3msM < and this > http://www.arena.net/blog/guild-wars-2-design-manifesto < was how they advertised the game for over two years, I did buy it.

“It all gets back to our basic design philosophy. Our games aren’t about preparing to have fun, or about grinding for a future fun reward. Our games are designed to be fun from moment to moment.” – Mike O’Brien, emphasis added.

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

Guild Missions [merged]

Shonie.5297

Games/MMO’s have built-in challenges so you feel happy when you reach goals/achievements. If there’s no challenge, it won’t feel very rewarding.
If you think of things like this as a chore, maybe this genre isn’t for you.

~Tarnished Coast~

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

Matipzieu KyA.9613?

thank you. thank you, thank you, thank you. you have the knowledge and the words to put down, in black and white, the exact nature of this disparity.

if you haven’t read the excellent and long post on page (?) 12, go read it. whether you agree or not, some most excellent points are presented there.

anet? PLEASE read. PLEASE listen.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

My small guild wants to remain small, we all live in the same town in RL.
Now we have to let in potential childish trolls and shift them all to see who remains active or who behaves?

I stop caring about the updates… my guild is already suggesting to switching games but I don’t know how I feel about it.

(edited by Soulstar.7812)

Guild Missions [merged]

Martin The Brave.8731

It’s great that you enjoy being part of a big, mostly anonymous chunk, but you might want to remind yourself that not everyone shares your preferences. There are tons of people out there who do not find it enjoyable to be part of a mass of players most of which they know nothing more about than their screen name.

I’m totally fine with you and others enjoying your kind of playstile, but you should not ask everyone else to be the same as you.

You are confusing having numbers with having skill. Fielding 200 players does not mean that most of them are able to even discern their elbow from their behind. Accepting an invite from on the numerous “invite-everything-that-comes-across”-guilds out there is not a challenge.

How do you intend to do this content with only with a small group? This is going to be the content which will indeed fill the role of Guild “Raids” and as such is content oriented toward Guild’s which can muster both Skill and Numbers. I am not not an anonymous chunk in my Guild, I personally know most of the active individuals in the Guild. And If I dont know them, I guess ill just have to meet a new friend wont I?

Guild Missions [merged]

Genewen.2415

How do you intend to do this content with only with a small group? This is going to be the content which will indeed fill the role of Guild “Raids” and as such is content oriented toward Guild’s which can muster both Skill and Numbers. I am not not an anonymous chunk in my Guild, I personally know most of the active individuals in the Guild. And If I dont know them, I guess ill just have to meet a new friend wont I?

The part about contet scaling slipped your mind, didn’t it?
Also, you might check up on what “knowing” another person or being a “friend” is, because I think your definition of it might be a wee bit messed up.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

In MMO’s, people ask incessantly for something new to do. The provision of new content to satisfy a player-base is one of the main challenges for developers.

In such an environment, why was:

A: Locking such new content behind an in-game cost
B: Doing so in a way that favors larger guilds over smaller ones
C: Making the content available in a patch, only to have players have to wait to unlock it

considered a good idea?

Guild Missions [merged]

Martin The Brave.8731

The part about contet scaling slipped your mind, didn’t it?
Also, you might check up on what “knowing” another person or being a “friend” is, because I think your definition of it might be a wee bit messed up.

And you think content worthy of the title “Guild Missions” will scale well with a small group? If this content as it is indeed portrayed to be it would seem that it much harder than any dynamic encounter in the game. Definition(s) Friends:
1. one attached to another by affection or esteem, 2. one that is not hostile. Exactly how does my understanding of what a “Friend” messed up?

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Cora.9745

Cora.9745

I think you may have hit on WHY many of us are upset over this.

It does seem horrifyingly like this is a ‘prequel’ to the GW2 raiding system. (Raiding btw, takes no skill…but it does need the numbers) One of the reasons why I, my guild and many others I know love this game, is the ABSENCE of raids and raiding guilds. That you can do events without having to be grouped and be just as helpful. Many of us have had the raiding experience of other mmo’s and do NOT like it. Since GW2 advertised (and there are many, many videos proving this) as being an alternative to ‘traditional gaming’, we had hoped to never ever see anything remotely like a typical mmo ‘grind’ and ‘raid’.

This update does show the direction GW2 wants to go and I am very afraid it’s in the same direction of other mmo’s (One in particular comes to mind where everyone suddenly had to join a large guild or quit) It’s the direction that does NOT require skill…just large enough numbers.

I hope I am wrong in this since it will make their promise/vision meaningless.

Dalishya Aibreann=80R/80T/80EL Eternal Night-Crystal Desert

“You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

(edited by Cora.9745)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

My only concern with this system is that you are literally killing small guilds instead of helping them grow by introducing new fun stuff to do together. They instead will just break up and go to stronger guilds where they have the influence necessary to upgrade to guild missions.

This should be available for all not just for big zerg guilds.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Conner.4702

Conner.4702

(2) Ensure that the ACTUAL guild missions are capable of down-scaling to small guilds (3, 4, 5 players) so that small guilds are actually physically able to complete the objectives. It’s okay to scale down rewards slightly so that there is an incentive for epic snowballing with dozens upon dozens of players, but do not create a “haves”/“have-nots” situation. Right now, the perception is that small guilds have NO ability to either access or complete the content.

(3) Immediately open strong, transparent dialogue that actually engages the real concerns of the community. It is crucial to accept that the way consumers will use the product will vary from how developers intended it. Ultimately, developer expectations that stay in Washington are irrelevant to the experience and dignity of players around the world who are having tremendously different experiences.

(4) Engage the community in a constructive, serious manner to seek input and solutions. Do not discount the community’s ideas because they are different from notions during development of “how things should pan out.” These are irrelevant. The customer experience is.

I sincerely hope that one or more persons in positions of influence or power within ANet will take the time to read through this analysis and consider its points seriously. I have made the decision to take the developers seriously. I hope that they will extend the same courtesy to their player base.

Best regards,

Matipzieu SilverSmash
GM of KyA since 2002
DAoC, EQ2, WoW, LOTRO, RIFT, GW2

(post 4/4)

Anet devs I dare you to counter his posts without just sweeping it under the rug. I bet you can’t. Sadly I see this being completely ignored just like the ascended gear opposition was ignored. Creating a game with blinders and headphones on seem to be the norm here.

Guild Missions [merged]

Cora.9745

Matipzieu KyA.9613 described that wonderfully!

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

To all the naysayers, some of the rewards are ascended items. So how is this even fair to small guilds? This is creating a vast imbalance in the game, so the rewards are not pointless. This isn’t gating people, this is effectively locking them out of content, rewards and this is just the start.

Soon, we’ll be seeing raids or hardmodes for elitist players – Truely, the casual player in GW2 should just quit now.

Hey look, it’s those things you get from Laurels! You know, the currency you essentially get for just logging in every day.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Jayvenpup.4978

Jayvenpup.4978

I am going to get on the same bandwagon as the others who have made this comment but Matipzieu Kya.9613 hit the nail right on the head

For those who don’t want to dig through the pages (someone mentioned page 12), I found it by finding his profile and his post list here. I will be posting his 4 replies as well as the original link to the guild I am in just so they can see what excellent positive criticism he has put forth.

Guild Missions [merged]

Cora.9745

Hey look, it’s those things you get from Laurels! You know, the currency you essentially get for just logging in every day.

Umm….how does this have anything to do with what you are quoting?

And to get Laurels…you have to do a wee bit more than log in. Unless you mean influence…in which case logging in, if you are a small guild, doesn’t do too much.

However, if you are in a large guild I can see it would be quite easy. Sort of takes the “Making unlocking these mission difficult” seem rather laughable right……unless you are a small guild. Then it’s a grind.

How is this fair, balanced and NOT a grind again?

(edited by Cora.9745)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Sock Warrior.5046

Sock Warrior.5046

Our guild of 7 active players spent the last 2 weeks excited about this patch. We log on today and open our guild panel to view the awaited guild missions. To our surprise you done it again. You bent over every small guild in this game and kittened us. We are so discouraged that we are going to quit and go on to TERA. Not only that but you just keep adding things into the game that take months to achieve. When i start a game up i dont want to grind for hours upon hours to achieve something, thats not fun at all. I work and thats enough for me. I dont come home to pull up a game to do more work.

Do any of ANET employee’s even play mmo’s? apparently with your last few patches you show that you do not. Our guild doesnt want to grind for a month to get 50k influence just to do a 15 minute guild mission that we will most likely fail in comparrison to your bullkitten dungeons that take hours of trial and error to achieve. On top of that you said you would make your dungeons more “FUN”. is your oppinion of fun buffing bosses that were already hard enough even more? is spending 15 minutes on champion mobs with tons of health fun? Is trying to kill trash mobs with exploding flowers that spawn every 5 seconds fun? ANET i suggest you go grab a dictionary and look up the word fun and read it. You’’ve managed to take a game that is supposed to be fun and make it so un-enjoyable.

Legendary weapons to any casual gamer would take months to a year to achieve. The people that do have them either got theres from exploits or from others donating gold. what fun is that? Now there will be people that come in here and say " you just need to get better at dungeons". Well before anyone speaks our guild has run every dungeon in explorable/ all paths and got through them, but some were just so miserable and back breaking that we just never went back to them. The infinite trash spawn in sorrows embrace was horse kitten. The exploding flowers in twilight arbor are just idiotic and a nuisance. The fact that you have many trash mobs that can CC lock you in catacombs is so clever. I could go on and on and on but whats the point. You do not listen to the player base, instead you continue to release these idiotic patches that destroy what could have been a great game. Sure its F2P but so are many other games that are alot better now. I did at one point swap between guildwars/league of legends & tera online but now im exluding GW2 from that list. i will not log into a game that is not fun to play anymore

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

What bugs me is that even if you have a large guild that has maxed everything before this patch and earns 100k+ influence a week at least it still takes 9 weeks to unlock all missions WITHOUT spending a guild merit on an upgrade.

9 weeks waiting to get a mission at least is no better than a patch getting put back 2 months, the differences is the content is already ready now but they are forcing everyone to wait months to play it when they should have admitted they screwed up and should have had guild missions months ago and made the upgrade timers 1/4 of what they are now or cost much less influence.

We had 400k influence pre patch saved up, as a wvw guild we would be spending 25k influence to get 5 or so wvw upgrades several days a week, PvE guilds around me didn’t need to do that so are in the millions as they had no draining on their influence and those guilds still need to wait 9 weeks its insane.

75,000 influence to rush one of these upgrades by 25%? I cant estimate how much my guild earns but its defiantly not 4x that and enough to get the next upgrade each week.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Radio Isotope.3045

Radio Isotope.3045

You guys should really poll more often in the forums. It yields more results than you think. Also if you check my polls you will find that majority of players are leaning towards “Guild Mission cost is crud and ruins smaller guilds” than the few who are “ok” with the costs. Now from what I have read if the cost is not fixed to be more accessible to the smaller guilds which are roughly less than 20 members. Then gem sales, product sales, and overall numbers of people playing are going to drop significantly. Which means lay-offs at Arena Net because of less money to spend and significant drop in stocks. As a person who oversaw finances in a multibillion dollar company, I can tell you this is just the start of failure overall. You guys need to think more about the smaller guilds than the larger guilds. The people that compose the smaller guilds have enough power in the future of the game, that word of mouth could provide serious ramifications.

(TLE) The Legendary Eternum, Devona’s Rest
Guild Founder

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

They need to think common sense more than anything, large guilds have to wait 9 weeks to unlock the missions which also means not spending any merits for that time, putting all influence earned into just guild missions and giving guild members no boons for 2 months.

They seriously need to half the unlock times of every one of these, or move ALL of the other unlockers to 1 day to unlock since each guild is already forced to get level 6 in a path first.

At minimum I would do that and consider halving the influence required for this missions, you are still looking half a million influence without rushing either way.

Guild leader management tools would be good to…

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Rifter.6591

Rifter.6591

My small guild wants to remain small, we all live in the same town in RL.
Now we have to let in potential childish trolls and shift them all to see who remains active or who behaves?

I stop caring about the updates… my guild is already suggesting to switching games but I don’t know how I feel about it.

Im in the same boat, small guild of RL friends. Never going to be able to get the guild missions.

Anet OUTRIGHT LIED with the pre patch Q&A when answering the question about small guilds can still do missions just pull players from the map? seriously? how dense/stupid kitten do you have to be to think thats a viable option when only guild members get the good rewards(that get them acended items) and any pugs would get what, a few coppers/silver?

The idea that pugs will help your guild missionsis BEYOND LAUGHABLE and you still need a unobtainable amount of influence to unlock them in the first place making it irrelevent.

So…

Thanks for turning this into a elite vs poor guild game with even more of a vertical gear grind which goes against everything the manifesto said.

Thanks for making it IMPOSSIBLE to recruit new members even if we wanted to because now no one will join a guild unless you have the missions unlocked.

Thanks for lieing about it in the pre patch Q&A

All this is going to do is drive players away from this game.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I honestly dont’ see the big deal of joining a large guild.

And hey, I never have guild chat turned on unless I do guild event so when people are talking about all the guild drama, or whatever whatever, I don’t even know what people are talking about.

Besides your small guild of 7 or whatever people can join multiple guild. Just join a large guild for the event and rest of the time you can be in your tiny society of whatever chatting and do whatever thing you want.

I’m in a tiny society too. I play with the same 5 people every day and we are all in differnet guild.

You know what you guys should do? buy a vent channel. You can chat any time you guys want in your tiny society.

Guild Missions [merged]

Shonie.5297

You guys should really poll more often in the forums. It yields more results than you think. Also if you check my polls you will find that majority of players are leaning towards “Guild Mission cost is crud and ruins smaller guilds” than the few who are “ok” with the costs. Now from what I have read if the cost is not fixed to be more accessible to the smaller guilds which are roughly less than 20 members. Then gem sales, product sales, and overall numbers of people playing are going to drop significantly. Which means lay-offs at Arena Net because of less money to spend and significant drop in stocks. As a person who oversaw finances in a multibillion dollar company, I can tell you this is just the start of failure overall. You guys need to think more about the smaller guilds than the larger guilds. The people that compose the smaller guilds have enough power in the future of the game, that word of mouth could provide serious ramifications.

You need to speculate a little less. ‘overseeing finances for a multibillion dollar company’ could be nothing more than a teller at Walmart. Any poll done here is inherently flawed, you should know this.
‘less money to spend = stocks drop = layoffs’

Thanks for the grade 8 business tips.

~Tarnished Coast~

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

The hilarious thing is that not even the large guilds are doing the content yet because of a 72 hour queue, 50k karma start up cost.

This is pure artificial time extension tactics.

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer