everyone runs around with airplane animation, no sab
yeah got fooled hard :/

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Guild Wars 2 April fools 2015 [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oizrop.7465

Oizrop.7465

I did not find this prank to be satisfying, even for a prank. The picture view is annoying, the plane sounds and arms out is ok, but having to tweak my graphics and all; this just blows. I was really looking forward to playing tonight too, guess not now.

Posted by: AlphaDelilas.2873

AlphaDelilas.2873

seizures incoming! epileptics stay away today.

Yeah, that’s why I blew a migraine- I have a weird seizure disorder and the filter set me off. Not funny at all :<

If you truly had a some form of epileptic seizures due to game flickering and such you would be well familiar with checking video settings to turn them off, which you can easily do to turn off the sepia tones and old style movie film grain look.

Lol@ implying I’m lying about one of my medical conditions. Like many people with seizure disorders, not just epilepsy, I’m effected by rhythmic flashes, so the typical effects do nothing. Sadly, the sepia effect they created is very rhythmic and triggered a migraine in the amount of time it took to turn off post-processing.
Please don’t try to patronize someone who is disabled with several conditions- it just makes you look ignorant.

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

We just had a string of terrible plane crashes, including one last week. How does something so insensitive slip through?

The German forums, where people apparently had family members affected by this tragedy, are really upset: https://forum-de.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Un-gl-cklicher-Aprilscherz.

Posted by: GuzziHero.5104

GuzziHero.5104

As a Christian, I find the new bug highly offensive – everyone seems to be stuck in a crucifixion pose, and there appears to be no way to disable this. Even worse, I’ve heard this might be intentional.

Please remove this from the game, as I’m sure other Christians are offended also.

It is related to a very very old bug, a video to which I have posted elsewhere.

Stop being so oversensitive please. Your personal superstition really is not the be all and end all of life, not everything should be made just to cater to you.

Posted by: npast.5608

npast.5608

My character looks very much like Christ crucified, and I find that very disturbing. With jokes like this, I won’t be surprised if somebody will try to sue the company someday…

Posted by: Vinegaroon.4369

Vinegaroon.4369

this is all they could come up with for April’s Fools. How sad, there’s a million things they could’ve done. Anyways, it’s sad and I logged out.

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

They design these well in advance. They couldn’t have known 6 months ago that there would’ve been a plane crash recently.

And honestly there are plane crashes all the time. This one just hit closer to home for you because it was disastrous.

Would you get mad at them if they made your character a car for a day? There are car crashes every day.

Posted by: Vyshan.2345

Vyshan.2345

Realistically, tragedies happen every day. Thousands of people are killed in car wrecks on a daily basis – is it equally insensitive to have video games with cars in them?

Posted by: Oizrop.7465

Oizrop.7465

Yea, this is really bad taste and extremely untimely.

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Most likely this was developed well before the crash happened, since then they probably didn’t have time to do something else. Its more poor timing then Anet being insensitive.

E: Also more people die each day from guns then plane crashes, should Anet remove Rifles, Pistols and all other firearms? The harsh reality is, bad stuff happens everyday, you can’t expect people to tip toe around every potential situation.

(edited by BrooksP.4318)

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

Why?
Nowadays everyone is oversensitive about anything and everything, you can’t breath that you’ll offend someone.
Its a fun thing, its amusing, i laughed hard at the plane noises. If you couldn’t joke about something because something happened, then you’d joke about nothing because everyday people die of the most varied ways that can be related to any number of things or activities.
I’m sorry if i seem insensitive, but then again i don’t see anyone saying that Coca-Cola is insensitive because Santa is a white overweight guy, while lots of African kids die from starvation everyday. I could go on for years citing stuff that would be “insensitive” because something happens somewhere.
Not everything is related and jokes are jokes. Let it go, you’ll live longer.

Posted by: Vinegaroon.4369

Vinegaroon.4369

We’re on the verge of WWIII and they put this WWII airplane garbage out. C’mon, I’m sure there’s a million different jokes they could’ve thought of. If this is the quality of content we can expect from Anet, then i don’t have high hopes for the expansion.

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

This makes the Elementalist dagger/water/1 skill very slow.

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

It should have been shelved. Poor form Anet.

Offensive, and disappointing that you went ahead with this.

Posted by: Bekkr.6192

Bekkr.6192

You should relax. You really will feel better.

The problem with the youth of today is that one is no longer part of it.
-Salvador Dali

Posted by: Royal.2693

Royal.2693

Nice April’s Fool from OP, you almost got me!

Posted by: ZierJT.3821

ZierJT.3821

seizures incoming! epileptics stay away today.

Yeah, that’s why I blew a migraine- I have a weird seizure disorder and the filter set me off. Not funny at all :<

If you truly had a some form of epileptic seizures due to game flickering and such you would be well familiar with checking video settings to turn them off, which you can easily do to turn off the sepia tones and old style movie film grain look.

Lol@ implying I’m lying about one of my medical conditions. Like many people with seizure disorders, not just epilepsy, I’m effected by rhythmic flashes, so the typical effects do nothing. Sadly, the sepia effect they created is very rhythmic and triggered a migraine in the amount of time it took to turn off post-processing.
Please don’t try to patronize someone who is disabled with several conditions- it just makes you look ignorant.

I had the exact problem. I had a headache by the time I was told how to disable it.

Posted by: Vyshan.2345

Vyshan.2345

We’re on the verge of WWIII and they put this WWII airplane garbage out. C’mon, I’m sure there’s a million different jokes they could’ve thought of. If this is the quality of content we can expect from Anet, then i don’t have high hopes for the expansion.

Wait, when’s WWIII starting? I must have missed it.

Posted by: ouroboris.1048

ouroboris.1048

Ways to disable them:

1. Airplane sounds

• Options > Sound Options > Slide Down dialogue volume — This turns down all dialogue. Thanks.

2. Movie grain (sepia overlay)

• Options > Graphic Options > Postprocessing > None (Low remove the sephia but keeps the the grain) — This works.

3. Aviator Helmet

• Use a costume brawl tonic/transformation potion and exit the transformation. This will revert your hair back to normal. — Right, I’ll just pull one out of my… hat. Thanks.

4. Other PC (player character) Models

• Options > Graphic Options > Character Model Quality > Lowest — Don’t care.

If you find other methods of disabling the features, feel free to post em here.

— What would really work is IF YOU GAVE US AN OPT OUT OPTION FOR THIS STUPID “JOKE”. Anet, jokes are supposed to be funny. This is just annoying. Make it stop.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Is this thread an april fools joke?

Posted by: Southern.8973

Southern.8973

Seriously? People are trying to link running around like a 5-year old making airplane noises with a real-life airplane crash?

Guess I better tell my grandson he’s no longer allowed to do that, for fear he might offend somebody.

Elden Arnaas.4870

Thank you for the workarounds, Arikyali.

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

Im sympathetic to people who were affected by the plane crash, and i cant imagine how it would feel like to log into a game to find a joke on airplanes after having experienced that tragedy.

I think the least they could have done was made an acknowledgement about the crash or could have postponed teh event.

Altho it is kinda sad seeing that a lot of people are acting as if you should not care. If i were in that similar situation i would definitely care, even if it isnt anet’s fault.

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Wait, when’s WWIII starting? I must have missed it.

Its more a Cold War 2 Middle Eastern Version, but thats a different story.

Posted by: Oheson.2319

Oheson.2319

Not playing is the best way to “disable” it. That is what I did. Worked great!

Posted by: jeweledleah.2840

jeweledleah.2840

The vast majority love this sort of thing and it’s only ONE day. Really, going to complain about something fun for one day?

It is fun for some people, it is not fun for others. There is no ‘fun’ that is universal. Everyone that doesn’t find it fun is just asking for the option to turn it off, is that really so much to ask?

No, because some people don’t find the human storyline “fun”, so should they make a different one for each of those individuals?

Some don’t like certain events. Should they get a separate thing?

MMO’s are famous for April Fool’s Day jokes and it’s just as famous that the very few such as yourself that have very little sense of humor and can’t enjoy the fun of the game comes and complains wanting your way because you all seem to think your opinion is greater than that of the majority.

Not to mention, you can turn off most of it. Look for it. You are capable of thinking aren’t you?

you cannot turn off all of it and turning of dialogue means it affects me trying to play through personal story which is what I was planning on doing today.

here’s what they could have done. MAKE IT OPTIONAL! for people who think its fun? they can keep their characters in that pose with sounds and all. to those who do not enjoy it? give them an option to disable it. like… make it a buff you can just click off. BAM, problem solved.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Dear lord, people on this forum are finding ways to be offended by everything these last couple days.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: grayskull.2367

grayskull.2367

By this logic we best not show an entire race being victimised and outcast from society even murdered in cold blood. Oh wait like the sylvari have been, Strange how you don’t here out rage about this on the German forum?

Posted by: ILoveMuffinZ.9465

ILoveMuffinZ.9465

Thread is definately april fools.

Posted by: Cactus Brawler.7415

Cactus Brawler.7415

Its not like this is a major expansion, or massive piece of content.

Given what happened last week they could have just ‘not’ had an Aprils Fools event, rather than something that makes them look completely tactless.

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

So many kitten individuals on this forum, unbelievable. They have made this MONTHS ago. In no way would they insult their playerbase like this, are you kittening nuts.

The German forums, where people apparently had family members affected by this tragedy.

NOWHERE does it say that anyone was affected.

Posted by: Bekkr.6192

Bekkr.6192

As a Christian, I find the new bug highly offensive – everyone seems to be stuck in a crucifixion pose, and there appears to be no way to disable this. Even worse, I’ve heard this might be intentional.

Please remove this from the game, as I’m sure other Christians are offended also.

It is related to a very very old bug, a video to which I have posted elsewhere.

Stop being so oversensitive please. Your personal superstition really is not the be all and end all of life, not everything should be made just to cater to you.

I was going to say this but since someone else already has, QFE or whatever.

The problem with the youth of today is that one is no longer part of it.
-Salvador Dali

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

Im sympathetic to people who were affected by the plane crash, and i cant imagine how it would feel like to log into a game to find a joke on airplanes after having experienced that tragedy.

I think the least they could have done was made an acknowledgement about the crash or could have postponed teh event.

Altho it is kinda sad seeing that a lot of people are acting as if you should not care. If i were in that similar situation i would definitely care, even if it isnt anet’s fault.

The reason you shouldn’t care is because it literally has nothing to do with the plane crashes (notice I said crashes, because there are more crashes in a year than you seem to realize and just because the German one was disastrous doesn’t mean there aren’t hundreds of them a year). The sepia filter, the airplane noises… it’s obviously meant to be a joke on old kids who run around like this for fun.

Do you get offended that people are still using airplanes today, despite the crash in Germany? Clearly they are offensive to you right? I mean, they’re in an airplane, clearly it’s in bad taste.

Seriously, plane crashes happen. There were a few big ones last year too… kitten happens. RIP to those who died, it’s unrelated to an april’s fools in a video game.

Posted by: gloflop.3510

gloflop.3510

When I logged in tonight, I first smiled. April 1st… However, my smile froze rapidly. There was a major plane crash last week in France in which 150 people lost their lifes. For more information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanwings_Flight_9525

Given the recent event and given that the event is still present in the media, the idea was suboptimal. I would suggest taking out the april fool immediately and write an ingame apology.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

Realistically, tragedies happen every day. Thousands of people are killed in car wrecks on a daily basis – is it equally insensitive to have video games with cars in them?

This. It doesn’t matter, someone will always take offense or insensitivity in a virtual setting when it actually has no bearing or taking anything from the real world. We live in an age of hyper-sensitivity.

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

OP, I agree. this april fools joke was not thought out well.

Posted by: Siphor.1653

Siphor.1653

Or simply make it on when in towns. But out hunting turn it off.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Tragedies happens every single day.
Going by this logic they would never be able to release anything at all, since it will always be possible to make a connection to said tragedy.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Beckers.9325

Beckers.9325

Respect to the family’s from the plain crash even i think its stupid how can u do this really
so…………………..

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Like I said in another thread…

If this was a week after 9/11, there’s no way in hell they would have gone ahead with it. It doesn’t matter how long in advance they had it prepared. It was insensitive, and offensive.

alcopaul.2156

lordkrall. tragedies happen every single day. and tomorrow, tragedy will happen to your loved ones. how would you feel?

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

It was insensitive, and offensive.

Not in the slightest.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Elden Arnaas.4870

I think that “in towns only” is a good idea. No game play impact.(Except for role players, who would have no workaround. They would have to go out into the open world.)

Posted by: gloflop.3510

gloflop.3510

They design these well in advance. They couldn’t have known 6 months ago that there would’ve been a plane crash recently.

They could have posponed the joke.

Thread is definately april fools.

No it is not!

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

lordkrall. tragedies happen every single day. and tomorrow, tragedy will happen to your loved ones. how would you feel?

I would feel sad about it, but I wouldn’t demand that a completely irrelevant video game took it into account when releasing stuff. It is simply not feasible.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Or, how will you feel? That’s an appalling thing to wish on anyone. Even if you are just trying to prove a point.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Aeradore.2601

Aeradore.2601

He has no loved ones…

alcopaul.2156

yeah because tragedies happen everyday, right?

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

This was not half as annoying as the bobble heads last year, although there was a way to get rid of them.