Exit to desktop.
Nuff said.

Did the same.

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Guild Wars 2 April fools 2015 [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

Just because some people have worked themselves into a state of righteous indignation over an animation and a perceived relationship between it and something that happened a week ago and over 5000 miles away from ANet’s office, doesn’t mean their perception is correct.

Just because this was front and center to you, doesn’t mean it was front and center to people thousands of miles away on a different continent. This was undoubtably in your newspapers on the front page every day. That doesn’t mean it was given the same level of attention in the newspapers that ANet reads or on the US news channels.

What is local to you, is distant to us. There is no reason to think, except because you think whatever happens near you should have the same level of absorbing interest for everyone on the world, for ANet to consider a plane crash a week ago on the other side of the world.

When tragedies happen in the US, do you, in Europe, make sure that there aren’t accidental references to the event by the people in Europe and demand apologies if there are?

^^ Above post wins the thread

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

My computer is so kitten that I had to turn post processing on to check out the sepia tone.

Very cool, but drops my frame rate alarmingly.

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

JediYoda.1275, WereDragon.6083 my logic? btw i am german so yeah the whole ww2 games thing, i really do rather detest them. but be that as it may, i think you guys might just try to think for your self. think quite hard. so i have to compare dead people to others, just to say: welll too bad but so is life, and now i wil make fun of those who are actually taken aback by those comments.
i wonder what you guys would say if you were involved in this event

I mentioned last night that someone I knew was recently shot and killed. I have to deal with that, and I get to see guns in this game every day as long as it is running/I choose to play because they are built in to the system. This is a prank based on an old bug that will last a day. Bad things happen, and we DO have to deal with it. There are plenty of horrible things that happen without us needing to look for reasons to be upset.

The problem I have with what has been going on is that people forcing this comparison of a toddler imitating an airplane with a genuine crash are actually trivializing it themselves. Are we going to start fussing over TV adds for travel that show airplanes? Surely the person running the adds should have known better… That logic is less of a slippery slope and more of a complete drop-off.

When speaking about tragedies people shouldn’t make fun of them. Likewise, people should not be fabricating “wrongs” to lash out against.

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Posted by: Chapmonious.6205

Chapmonious.6205

You people making correlations between 1940s sepia tone filter, 1800’s style piano, and your arms outstretched like an airplane have really big issues, id suggest a few months away from gaming to work on your issues. I have even seen people trying to say this is just like Ferguson. Seriously? First thing that popped in my head was being a little kid again pretending to fly planes, not any type of real life tragedy. That’s a real sick thing to even joke about let alone try to be an armchair activist about. This is a video game, the only real life links there are, are the ones that people bring in. This is seriously despicable that people have this frame of mind.

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

Sure it was amusing for 10 minutes but it kitten annoying and they should have implemented a way to disable it.

This tool alone would have solved the problem for many, including myself. Let the players who wish to run around like airplanes do so for the duration of the game-state, but give others the option to revert back so we may enjoy the game ourselves.

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Sure it was amusing for 10 minutes but it kitten annoying and they should have implemented a way to disable it.

This tool alone would have solved the problem for many, including myself. Let the players who wish to run around like airplanes do so for the duration of the game-state, but give others the option to revert back so we may enjoy the game ourselves.

I agree 100%

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

No my friend you are wrong on this. I never adjusted my date or time.

Hmmm, it worked for me, and it worked for some people here too, but not everyone. some people got lucky like you, but i did not. I had to change my computers time. So i guess i stand partially corrected!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/April-Fools-Bobble-Heads/page/3

And look at all the requests asking for a toggle option!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

Some people just doesnt like it why cant u make something like turn off/on button?

You can only adjust the sound and turning off post processing for graphic..

idk whos idea it was but its really stupid. Some people may like it but some just doesnt.. this is just like anet forcing users…

at least make a button or command that u can turn off/on…

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

To those who think no apology is necessary, you are simply wrong. This type of black humor has no place here. The dev’s made a mistake and they need to acknowledge it. Bobble heads, etc., while annoying did not allow comparisons to a mass murder. Certainly some took no offense, but for those who did the development team needs to apologize in some manner.

. . . black humor?

Okay, I’ll bite. What’s the supposed black humor? Pretending to be a propeller airplane after Harrison Ford’s accident?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

JediYoda.1275

You people making correlations between 1940s sepia tone filter, 1800’s style piano, and your arms outstretched like an airplane have really big issues, id suggest a few months away from gaming to work on your issues. I have even seen people trying to say this is just like Ferguson. Seriously? First thing that popped in my head was being a little kid again pretending to fly planes, not any type of real life tragedy. That’s a real sick thing to even joke about let alone try to be an armchair activist about. This is a video game, the only real life links there are, are the ones that people bring in. This is seriously despicable that people have this frame of mind.

I know right, some people rather see the world burn!

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It is here for a SINGLE DAY. Why is it such a big deal for everyone?

Unless I miscalculate it should be gone in about 34 minutes as well.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: MADAIR.1948

MADAIR.1948

Just wanted to drop by and say that this April’s fools joke is really, really freaking annoying. Some people like it. It was funny when I logged in til I realized that the pvp and wvw maps and dungeons were also like it. And its been hours upon hours now…I’ve actually not been playing much since it started, I keep trying but it’s actually infuriating to listen and watch. Trailers and stuff are funny or even a fake specialization or something but 24 hours of hazy yellow filter with my character screaming airplane noises and my arms out in every animation is just plain FREAKING annoying. It’d be different if I could get you guys back for it but I can’t. I have half a mind to drive down there and actually play a prank or two (lol). Anyway…I wish I could drop a few f-bombs in caps in there to get the point across because that’s how much its annoying me but the post will just get blocked so /shrug.

Everyone feel free to disagree with how I feel, I really don’t care.

P.s. Someone should head over there to anet and do some kind of practical joke to get back at them. Like park an airplane infront of all the exits so they can’t open the doors to leave. And leave them there for 24 hours lol

Lite Ning Strike.5203

No my friend you are wrong on this. I never adjusted my date or time.

Hmmm, it worked for me, and it worked for some people here too, but not everyone. some people got lucky like you, but i did not. I had to change my computers time.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/April-Fools-Bobble-Heads/page/3

And look at all the requests asking for a toggle option!

I really don’t need to view the link, thanks for the research, I must have been one of the lucky ones, along with my Guild at the time. Maybe it was a server thing last year because it was actually a friend that told me to log out and back on and it fixed it (I have since changed servers and it was before the Mega Server release). Sorry for those it didn’t but again why wasn’t this an option for all and why wasn’t it an option this year?

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

its over already and its 30minutes to early to be over….

SAB or RIOT

MidoriMarch.8067

It is here for a SINGLE DAY. Why is it such a big deal for everyone?

Unless I miscalculate it should be gone in about 34 minutes as well.

Because Its not funny at all and I dont like it?

just because u like it doesnt mean everyone likes it. Thats ur personal opinion not mine.

Posted by: Sodeni.6041

Sodeni.6041

It is gone! Thank you ArenaNet for the april fool this year! Looking forward to next year’s one

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I really don’t need to view the link, thanks for the research, I must have been one of the lucky ones, along with my Guild at the time. Maybe it was a server thing last year because it was actually a friend that told me to log out and back on and it fixed it (I have since changed servers and it was before the Mega Server release). Sorry for those it didn’t but again why wasn’t this an option for all and why wasn’t it an option this year?

Arena net is really slow? i dont know otherwise! after the mass amount of threads last year over having to deal with bobbleheads all day, you would think they would have added in a toggle. And if you didnt see my edit i did say i was partially wrong ^^ Sorry!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Lite Ning Strike.5203

It is gone! Thank you ArenaNet for the april fool this year! Looking forward to next year’s one

If it is like this I’m not

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

Sadness has filled my heart. My airplane has stopped sputtering.

I need a hug.

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

Lite Ning Strike.5203

Arena net is really slow? i dont know otherwise! after the mass amount of threads last year over having to deal with bobbleheads all day, you would think they would have added in a toggle. And if you didnt see my edit i did say i was partially wrong ^^ Sorry!

No apology needed we were just sharing info, I was not trying to be smart or anything like that. That’s is why I was trying to pick my words carefully as to not sound like a jerk or smart alec Thanks

JediYoda.1275

Can all the qqing stop now?

Posted by: Chapmonious.6205

Chapmonious.6205

I need a hug.

I am actually sad I am no longer a plane

Posted by: Immortal.3647

Immortal.3647

@ANET:

hey, I enyjoed april fools. it was not as cool as SAB would have been haha but it was neat.
as i am curerntly doing alot of pvp for the dungeoneer title, i often find myself bored, waiting in the heart of the mists for a matchup. but now i could at least hit autorun and steer with AD buttons and try not to hit anyone. the plane voice soundeffects were also funny imo.

so thumbs up from me, not everyone hates it, i thought it was really nice and well done!

oh and btw: can we have an airplane tonic pls ? i would like to do that again sometime

(edited by Immortal.3647)

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

I need a hug.

Right? This was a hilarious little update, and I will really miss it.

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

Posted by: GreyMouser.1235

GreyMouser.1235

I was looking forward to seeing some of the April Fool’s stuff today; I was working 8-4 PST, with no opportunity to see it during the day. Imagine my disappointment when I get to my computer at 4:30, 30 minutes before daily reset, to find out you patched out the airplane stuff 5 minutes beforehand?

Not cool.

[SOF]
Servants of Fortuna
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

It’ll be added to the gem store just like the Bobblehead Laboratory was, so you will be able to experience it again soon.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Sodeni.6041

Sodeni.6041

Can all the qqing stop now?

Haha yea I hope so!^^ I really enjoyed this april fool

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I was looking forward to seeing some of the April Fool’s stuff today; I was working 8-4 PST, with no opportunity to see it during the day. Imagine my disappointment when I get to my computer at 4:30, 30 minutes before daily reset, to find out you patched out the airplane stuff 5 minutes beforehand?

Not cool.

It started 30 minutes early yesterday, and it lasts 24 hours.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I am amazed at all the angst over the one day we KNOW this will happen for 24 hours and it will probably be the same the next year and the year after that… There are so many other things to do in that time if you are not into April Fools pranks. Read a book, take a walk, call up some friends, hug that special person/pet in your life.

All this makes me feel like a lot of folk have lost their inner child. If this is that serious to someone, they have the issues not Anet.

Kudos, Anet for another fun day. I got a lot of nice pics, had a lot of good chuckles and ran around like I did with my siblings as a kid and definitely had my inner child going wild.

MidoriMarch.8067

Just wanted to drop by and say that this April’s fools joke is really, really freaking annoying. Some people like it. It was funny when I logged in til I realized that the pvp and wvw maps and dungeons were also like it. And its been hours upon hours now…I’ve actually not been playing much since it started, I keep trying but it’s actually infuriating to listen and watch. Trailers and stuff are funny or even a fake specialization or something but 24 hours of hazy yellow filter with my character screaming airplane noises and my arms out in every animation is just plain FREAKING annoying. It’d be different if I could get you guys back for it but I can’t. I have half a mind to drive down there and actually play a prank or two (lol). Anyway…I wish I could drop a few f-bombs in caps in there to get the point across because that’s how much its annoying me but the post will just get blocked so /shrug.

Everyone feel free to disagree with how I feel, I really don’t care.

P.s. Someone should head over there to anet and do some kind of practical joke to get back at them. Like park an airplane infront of all the exits so they can’t open the doors to leave. And leave them there for 24 hours lol

Agreed.

Some people might like it but should think of others that may not like it.

should make it something like toggle on/off

its just really stupid idea to force this not even funny joke modes for 24 hours.. for some that doesnt wants it.

Posted by: John.8507

John.8507

Daily reset is at 1am BST, so they didn’t patch out early.

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

Truly good job anet, not sure which I enjoyed more the bobble-heads or old time airplanes! Also no need to apologize for anything or add a toggle button for next year’s April Fools. As you guys already know there… haters gunna hate and ainters gunna aint! Keep up the good work

As for those that were SO TRAGICALLY OFFENDED OR DARE I SAY ANNOYED ON APRIL FOOLS… it’s over and tissues are located near Divinities Reach bank.

Posted by: Rhialto.8423

Rhialto.8423

I wondered what happened. It happened to me in the middle of WvW, got a huge lag spike and when I used the waypoint my airplane arms were gone.

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

You didn’t missed anything dont worry, and also it will be available via gem store soon.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: ArtemisJade.9068

ArtemisJade.9068

Awww I didn’t get to make my wvw vid. Sadness. Oh wellz.

To survive this world you must be mad as a hatter. Luckily for me, I am positively insane.

Posted by: Styxx.1564

Styxx.1564

Is it ok now? Is the dust settled? Can trolls go back to hibernate until the next patch now?

Are we going to have people offended because murders are committed every minute on this game?

(edited by Styxx.1564)

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Is it ok now? Is the dust settled? Can trolls go back to hibernate until the next patch now?

Are we going to have people offended people because murders are committed every minute on this game?

Yes I’m offended, every minute? what are people doing? They should be every second! bunch of casuals

GreyMouser.1235

Daily reset is at 1am BST, so they didn’t patch out early.

Wrong, it’s at midnight BST. They patched 35 minutes early. Reset is in 8 minutes, as of now. Congrats on not being able to tell time.

[SOF]
Servants of Fortuna
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: ThunderHawk.9152

ThunderHawk.9152

How do I turn this thing off? I don’t want to run around like a ballett in this sad colors.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It is off. It’s been off for almost 30 minutes now.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

I need a hug.

Its been the one thing recently I’ve really liked. And i got to do it for about 10 minutes. :/

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

So now ballads can be written about the sepia tone time of airplane noises and stiff shoulders and those we lost to calliope music.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: ThunderHawk.9152

ThunderHawk.9152

Ok, thank you. Just logged in, saw what it was, did a jog trip and posted here when I came home :P

GreyMouser.1235

Not cool.

It started 30 minutes early yesterday, and it lasts 24 hours.

Which begs the question, why did they change the schedule? Daily reset is when things like this happen, not some arbitrary time in between.

[SOF]
Servants of Fortuna
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

so i wonder,
the spanish and the german forums have dev posts where they admit it is unfortunate that this joke was made, why again is there no offical EN post about it? it seems rather strange seen as people here are getting shredded, judged and actually dead children are beeing laughed at.
still no statement from gaile for example?
are we plannin gon sitting it out? all those people been attacked here have to grow a pair? no moderators act ( besides making it impossible to follow by merging the threads) and no offical post from a net, and i do not mean the local guys i mean those who post here, where people alive and dead are insulted by the minute

Because to be honest, they have nothing to apologize for. There is an grandiose line between making our characters pretend to be planes like little children with an old timey movie look, and a plane crash. Yes it is sad as to what happened sure, that does not mean we can’t move on considering this was a local incident and probably nearly no one in the game is personally affected by this.

yeah…. but why the local apologies? but here where people are making fun over dead children, no response?

Who’s making fun of dead children? Where do you people come from?

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: PirateSpice.8735

PirateSpice.8735

As many complaints as everyone has against Anet, if the majority of the player community in fact not like April Fools jokes they would have stopped back in GW1. The same exact comments were made last year saying that bobbleheads were annoying (boohooooo) also asking to toggle on or off. If they cared in the slightest about the complainer’s opinions on April Fools, a prank that lasts only 24 hours, they would have done something about it beforehand. There is nothing you can’t do now in game as you could before.

Once again, your second comment of ‘making everyone happy’ is NEVER going to be possible. Either you are new to the forums or you are ignorant. People will always find things to complain about here. Putting in a toggle would still have people complaining.

You make a fair point, but an anecdote isn’t evidence, nor does it prove anything about a “vast minority”. So maybe we could stop with the hyperbole.

I can’t understand why anyone is so vehemently opposed to a toggle for these pranks. You win, I win, everyone wins. Will people still complain? Yeah, sure. Some of those complaints will be valid, others will be bogus. But just take a look at the number of people saying the exact same thing: “Please let me turn it off.” Not “Get rid of it”, but “give me a switch”.

It’s a reasonable request, which makes those railing against it unreasonable.

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

so i wonder,
the spanish and the german forums have dev posts where they admit it is unfortunate that this joke was made, why again is there no offical EN post about it? it seems rather strange seen as people here are getting shredded, judged and actually dead children are beeing laughed at.
still no statement from gaile for example?
are we plannin gon sitting it out? all those people been attacked here have to grow a pair? no moderators act ( besides making it impossible to follow by merging the threads) and no offical post from a net, and i do not mean the local guys i mean those who post here, where people alive and dead are insulted by the minute

Because to be honest, they have nothing to apologize for. There is an grandiose line between making our characters pretend to be planes like little children with an old timey movie look, and a plane crash. Yes it is sad as to what happened sure, that does not mean we can’t move on considering this was a local incident and probably nearly no one in the game is personally affected by this.

yeah…. but why the local apologies? but here where people are making fun over dead children, no response?

Yeah I didn’t even know what he was implying there so I did the sane thing and ignored it.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Ascalon. How about you?

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Richard.7564

Richard.7564

Aderic.6028

I’m not happy because of your oversensitivity.
These things happen, it really does suck. It is truly horrible that these things happen.
That’s life. If we had to mourn for every catastrophe we would be in constant mourning. Just try to imagine what doesn’t make the news.
My condolences for your loss.

Thanks for the feedback and I don’t feel that I’m being over sensitive because the person I lost was a close cousin and I’m sure if this happened to you you would feel the same way.