Guild Missions [merged]

Guild Missions [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

And they added Precursors to the drop table for Guild Missions . . .

an even bigger carrot to entice people to join larger guilds.

Or, alternatively, a carrot to entice people to work on their smaller guilds rather than take the easy way out.

Also, Precursors are supposedly available out of any loot draw which can drop Exotics.

I appreciate the response Tobias. I was being facetious and I have no intentions of giving up my guild. But you have to admit it does add a layer of difficulty in recruiting when a large guild can zerg an event, get the rewards, allowing people to move on to something else.

Yeah, but that’s always going to be a factor. Large guilds . . . heck, large alliances . . . could seriously blow through content fast. That’s always an issue. Motivated and focused players could blow through content fast. Also, always an issue.

At the risk of peddling glurge . . .

You really gotta decide for yourself if you’re going to let the fact someone can do it faster than you can bother you or affect your play. I can’t say if you should, shouldn’t . . . I’m not you. I know I don’t worry about it – anything I really want to have happen for me, I can make happen if I put enough effort into it.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: DuskTwilight.4862

DuskTwilight.4862

Any Mega Guilds recruiting?

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: rayhorakhty.3198

rayhorakhty.3198

February 26th, the day GW2 died. You heard it here folks!

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

The only viable solution I see is to grant rewards for participation regardless of whether you are part of the guild that spawned the event.

This would be an excellent compromise.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Well the concern I expressed in the beginning of this thread seems to have been well founded, my enthusiasm for this current Living Story content is pretty much dead. I’ll join in on any that other guilds pop, but my guild is hardlocked out of this content.

Not quitting the game or anything, but the Living Story has now been put into the ‘WTF Were They Thinking?’ category along with dungeons.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/basics/complete-guide-guild-missions
50k influence to unlock? Really?

and that ascended, I never seen that before, are that earring? please don’t tell me guild commendation is the only way to get those ascended thing.

Don’t you get the commendations by doing the event though? You don’t have to be in the guild that started it to get rewarded for participating.

No… the only people who get the currency are members of the guild who activated the event. Everyone else that participates just gets regular open world rewards.

That sounds enticing. I can’t wait to jump at the chance to help a guild finish this for some blues and maybe a green or two while the guild members are racking up precursors and ascended items.

So much for those of you with small guilds that will supposedly be able to fill out the event with people outside the guild.

Guild Missions [merged]

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Well the concern I expressed in the beginning of this thread seems to have been well founded, my enthusiasm for this current Living Story content is pretty much dead. I’ll join in on any that other guilds pop, but my guild is hardlocked out of this content.

Not quitting the game or anything, but the Living Story has now been put into the ‘WTF Were They Thinking?’ category along with dungeons.

You know the Living Story is stuff happening outside and not noted on the patch notes? It’s the stuff happening in the far north around Hoelbrak and Black Citadel.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

Well at least in their stupidity ArenaNet finally have actual Guild Wars. You’re going to see a lot of guilds die as players leave them for larger guilds that have already got enough influence to unlock all of the upgrades.
No new guilds will be created as they won’t be able to compete with the older, larger ones.
I can see servers gradually merging into super guilds, where the entire population of a server all belong to one guild.

Absolutely bollocking stupid.
I can’t believe they didn’t see this coming.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Guild Missions [merged]

rizzo.1079

You know the Living Story is stuff happening outside and not noted on the patch notes? It’s the stuff happening in the far north around Hoelbrak and Black Citadel.

The guild missions have been promoted as being part of the 2nd part of the Flame & Frost event. If that’s not correct, then I’ll change my statement: My enthusiasm for the guild missions, which was previously very high, is now dead.

(edited by rizzo.1079)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I’ve heard that the first mission will require 30,000 points to unlock. With our 38-active members guild, that would take us around 4 weeks. Just to be able to play. Please tell me that I’ve heard it wrong…

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Guild Missions [merged]

Tobias Trueflight.8350

The guild missions are part of the 2nd part of the Flame & Frost event.

No, it’s the big announcement, along with the Daily revamp. The Living Story has been quietly getting minor updates all month.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Borikitty.1302

Borikitty.1302

I’ve heard that the first mission will require 30,000 points to unlock. With our 38-active members guild, that would take us around 4 weeks. Just to be able to play. Please tell me that I’ve heard it wrong…

No disrespect intended but did you read the thread? at all?

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Xericor.9103

Xericor.9103

Well.. I’ll be frank and honest..

Well.. I’ll be frank and honest..LFGuild that will be running Guild Events. Don’t care for your name, rep, members, association, play style, ts3, mumble, age, if you are friends irl, where you are from, etc etc. I simply want the reward. I will attend the event, rep, and leave. You wont see me till I want to farm the next event for rewards.

Well.. I’ll be frank and honest..LFGuild that will be running Guild Events. Don’t care for your name, rep, members, association, play style, ts3, mumble, age, if you are friends irl, where you are from, etc etc. I simply want the reward. I will attend the event, rep, and leave. You wont see me till I want to farm the next event for rewards.Way to go for building ‘Community’ anet…

www.auroraglade.eu – Community Site for Aurora Glade!

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

LFGuild that will be running Guild Events. Don’t care for your name, rep, members, association, play style, ts3, mumble, age, if you are friends irl, where you are from, etc etc. I simply want the reward. I will attend the event, rep, and leave. You wont see me till I want to farm the next event for rewards.

Good guilds will use the guild missions for community purposes. Good guilds that used to organize guild events that are not only for material rewards, you know guilds that are in this game for fun, will just have another “tool” to further that goal, to build a strong community. Sure people that will only join to get rewards will be there, but good guilds have ways of dealing with those.

Guild Missions [merged]

Tobias Trueflight.8350

LFGuild that will be running Guild Events. Don’t care for your name, rep, members, association, play style, ts3, mumble, age, if you are friends irl, where you are from, etc etc. I simply want the reward. I will attend the event, rep, and leave. You wont see me till I want to farm the next event for rewards.

Good guilds will use the guild missions for community purposes. Good guilds that used to organize guild events that are not only for material rewards, you know guilds that are in this game for fun, will just have another “tool” to further that goal, to build a strong community. Sure people that will only join to get rewards will be there, but good guilds have ways of dealing with those.

Anyone remember “sponsored districts” for Canthan New Year? Yeah, I foresee that coming as small guilds get cranking into the content.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

So many doomsdayers so little thought put into their arguments.

How many times do we have to tell you that anyone can still participate in and collect personal rewards in a guild mission that has been kicked off by another guild. Theres no real need to join larger guilds unless you want to kick off events yourself.

The only rewards you would miss out on is actual guild rewards used mainly to progress guild missions. I expect that any bonuses like reduced waypoint cost, will only matter if your repping that guild. Which means that people joining large guilds will have to become part of that large guild to benefit. Its not like you could rep that guild to get the guild bonus, and immediately unrep to play with your friends and still get that bonus.

Guild Missions [merged]

Borikitty.1302

How many times do we have to tell you that anyone can still participate in and collect personal rewards in a guild mission that has been kicked off by another guild. Theres no real need to join larger guilds unless you want to kick off events yourself.

The only rewards you would miss out on is actual guild rewards used mainly to progress guild missions. I expect that any bonuses like reduced waypoint cost, will only matter if your repping that guild. Which means that people joining large guilds will have to become part of that large guild to benefit. Its not like you could rep that guild to get the guild bonus, and immediately unrep to play with your friends and still get that bonus.

Where have you seen where guild upgrades continue once you stop repping that guild? If that mechanic were in place no argument would ensue. We have put thought into our arguments including 15-20 years of other MMO experience seeing the writing on the wall. If anyone has not put any thought into an argument it would be you insinuating that you could continue to get waypoint reduction outside of the guild who managed to unlock it.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

February 26th, the day GW2 died. You heard it here folks!

A bit of an overreaction. Somebody I think already mentioned this, but this is not taking anything away from the game. It is adding another facet to it. It is not required, nor does it give any true advantage to players. If you want to participate, then you easily can. If you want to keep things cozy in your small group then fine.

This is frankly a larger extention of dungeons. I may want to do dungeons solo, but it requires a team to complete. It isn’t required, but I can choose to do it if I want. Another example is that I may want to participate in a tPvP tournament without a team at all, but I can’t so I need to get a group. These events are simply for much larger groups.

Not to mention that they specifically stated that non-guild members can still help and participate in guild missions, so there is still limited ability to join in the fun right there.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Whilst I still maintain it’s difficult to pass judgement on them until they go live, I really hope that there are benefits to small guilds which are actually a small group of friends. In the interview I read, 10-15 ppl online is regarded as a small guild. Ive been in many guilds in many games..10-15 online is larger than a small guild.

I’ll keep the faith for now though!

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: bluejay.6739

bluejay.6739

yes, but why SHOULD being in a mega guild be better?

Because its MORE people putting in collectively MORE effort which should be rewarded with MORE rewards.

Why should your 15 people’s worth of effort get the same rewards as a guild with 45 people’s worth of effort. Are you 15 people some how MORE SPECIAL so that there effort should be worth more?

You want the same rewards for less effort. That doesn’t even make sense.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Chaosgyro.6023

Chaosgyro.6023

Why should your 15 people’s worth of effort get the same rewards as a guild with 45 people’s worth of effort. Are you 15 people some how MORE SPECIAL so that there effort should be worth more?

Because those 15 people are every bit as important as your 45. This isn’t real life. We aren’t building bridges, or raising armies, or any such thing. Man-hours != direct rewards. We are playing a video game with artificial, arbitrary reward mechanisms that SHOULD be designed to reward all invested customers equally.

Guild Missions [merged]

Borikitty.1302

Because its MORE people putting in collectively MORE effort which should be rewarded with MORE rewards.

Because small guilds comprise 90% player base. This is no different than the raider vs. casual argument that has destroyed previous MMO’s in the past couple decades. Zerg does not equal better. It’s a historic stat that is often overlooked. The point of this was supposed to be to benefit all guilds with tiers (how many bounties can be out at once with 1-7 within the time range depending on the guild size).. placing that behind an even more restrictive wall that has no purpose. If GW2 was planning to be different than all other MMO’s by creating restrictive content and hiding it behind the guise of availability to all as was originally marketed when this first came out then it failed by all accounts. Pretty telling that all the gaming websites who reviewed this content already said the same thing. It’s overly restrictive for what it originally intended to be.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Loosifah.4738

Loosifah.4738

You act as if logging in every day and not doing a kitten thing with your guild is putting in effort. That’s how most of those faceless non-social guilds are. They recruit literally everyone without question just to get their influence.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

Where have you seen where guild upgrades continue once you stop repping that guild? If that mechanic were in place no argument would ensue. We have put thought into our arguments including 15-20 years of other MMO experience seeing the writing on the wall. If anyone has not put any thought into an argument it would be you insinuating that you could continue to get waypoint reduction outside of the guild who managed to unlock it.

Im actually saying the exact opposite. Because if you could still use those upgrades after unrepping a guild, it would obviously screw the system up and everyone would be joining mega guilds just for the rewards.

This way it deters people from doing that, if they want to be part of a guild running high tiered missions, they will actually need to play with that guild for some time to receive benefits like reduced wp cost. Thus the doomsdayer prophecies that everyone will join mega guild isnt very thought through.

(edited by Parlourbeatflex.5970)

Guild Missions [merged]

rizzo.1079

Not true in any way. As I’ve said before, having missions that cost small amounts of influence with small rewards is just fine.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Hey Colin—-another part of the game I won’t be participating in. Thanks for excluding more people! “play the game as you want” my (kitten word).

Guild Missions [merged]

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Not true in any way. As I’ve said before, having missions that cost small amounts of influence with small rewards is just fine.

Isn’t there an article stating there are multiple tiers of the missions with increasing rewards? I should go find the link.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Sowin.5187

Sowin.5187

And in my opinion, those 15 people will work a lot harder and require a lot more coordination than a large guild zerging an event.

Guild Missions [merged]

Borikitty.1302

Isn’t there an article stating there are multiple tiers of the missions with increasing rewards? I should go find the link.

That is correct. The higher amount of bounties out the higher rewards for killing more of them within the 15 minute barrier thus rewarding the large guilds for more work. None of this matters as it is since GW devs created an artificial wall denying 90% of the player base of even seeing this content. Even if there is a 1-3 bounty option for smaller guilds.. the climb to unlock that is ridiculous and deep in a pvp tree.

Guild Missions [merged]

rizzo.1079

Yep and they’re all starting at a influence level far above anything we could hope to get within a reasonable timescale. Binding the missions to existing trees is the problem here. Missions should be an entirely new tree with smaller cheaper missions all the way up to large, 50k influence missions.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

You guys are arguing over influence that could be earned in 6 hours by a guild of 10 and 10 hours by a guild of 5.

And that’s over 4 days.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

Or, alternatively, a carrot to entice people to work on their smaller guilds rather than take the easy way out.

Also, Precursors are supposedly available out of any loot draw which can drop Exotics.

Not likely. Players ALWAYS tend to take the path of least resistance. That’s human nature and it’s going to manifest itself with a vengeance in the case of guild missions. This is because we aren’t comparing the easy path to the hard one, we’re comparing the easy path to the AREYOUkittenINGSERIOUS! path.

Guild Missions [merged]

rizzo.1079

You guys are arguing over influence that could be earned in 6 hours by a guild of 10 and 10 hours by a guild of 5.

And that’s over 4 days.

You and 9 other people can get enough influence to take Art of War from 0-5 in 6 hours over 4 days? That’s 600 influence/person/hour, wow…I’m impressed, though somewhat saddened because you’re probably grinding and not having any fun with the game at all.

Wait, are you the guy in the one thread that was claiming he could make 10g in 2 hours?

(edited by rizzo.1079)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Zullal.2061

Zullal.2061

And that’s over 4 days.

Thought this was game for fun and not a job? Correct me if i’m wrong

Guild Missions [merged]

Blacklight.2871

It’s called forced representation. Expect to see a lot more of it in the following weeks.

Guild Missions [merged]

Borikitty.1302

LOL And not accounting for the build times even with the speed boosts (that also take a lot of influence). Must be great to be still in school living with parents. /sigh good times.. good times.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: blinkxzero.8035

blinkxzero.8035

Yay another game I can’t play with my friends because it’s either progress or have fun. I’m not gonna drag all my friends to something they don’t want to do just so I can progress.

Thanks for destroying small guilds everywhere ANET! What a terrible TERRIBLE game design decision.

Guild Missions [merged]

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Not likely. Players ALWAYS tend to take the path of least resistance. That’s human nature and it’s going to manifest itself with a vengeance in the case of guild missions. This is because we aren’t comparing the easy path to the hard one, we’re comparing the easy path to the AREYOUkittenINGSERIOUS! path.

Ehhh . . . I guess I’m either an idiot or a masochist (or both) but I’m not feeling the problem is insurmountable. Nor do I think this is going to be utterly terrible to experience.

(I’m guessing it’s the meds.)

I don’t have a problem with waiting a little longer while we (my guild) focuses our effort on building to get there. I don’t have an issue with other people enjoying the new content before me/us. In short, I don’t need to be first to the door for this. And I wonder what’s wrong with not being first to the door when we’re not looking at a limited supply of things to do. It’ll still be there a week, two weeks, a month from now.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Chaosgyro.6023

Chaosgyro.6023

Ehhh . . . I guess I’m either an idiot or a masochist (or both) but I’m not feeling the problem is insurmountable. Nor do I think this is going to be utterly terrible to experience.

I don’t have a problem with waiting a little longer while we (my guild) focuses our effort on building to get there. I don’t have an issue with other people enjoying the new content before me/us. In short, I don’t need to be first to the door for this. And I wonder what’s wrong with not being first to the door when we’re not looking at a limited supply of things to do. It’ll still be there a week, two weeks, a month from now.

If it were just the guild missions I would be right there with you. I have bigger things to worry about in my life than how well someone else is doing in a video game. I can just hang out and do other peoples’ guild mission in the meanwhile. However, they are also gating yet more ascended rewards behind these guild missions. It’s one more tier of grind in a game where I wasn’t expecting to grind and…I’m honestly not sure how much more I will endure.

Guild Missions [merged]

rizzo.1079

Considering the guild I’m in has been around for 5 months and has not even seen enough influence to get a single tree to level 5, I do see it as a rather insurmountable problem. I guess I could tell everyone they have to grind gold all day or group up and farm DE chains if there’s actually 2 or more of us on at once, but, oddly enough, those things don’t sound fun to me and the whole reason we even made a guild was so we could all have fun together.
As Zullal put so succinctly: “Thought this was game for fun and not a job? Correct me if i’m wrong”

Guild Missions [merged]

Borikitty.1302

I believe the issue you are mistaking is the fact that it was promised to be launch and available to all guilds.. at launch. The more information was dug from redit and other non-official means we noticed how raid heavy this update to “guilds” was. The last time I noticed “guild” is a group of people who wanted to play together. Whether it was 500 or 5 each had their own way of playing the game and still vital to the strength and endurance of Guild Wars 2 as a whole. I’ve noticed casuals keep Arenanet in business by buying the useless items just as much as the raiders do. The issue here is disparity and how GW2 did exactly the opposite it promised when the game first launched. Equality for all. The first section “Bounties” already has a set of tiers that rewards larger players already. Smaller guilds who are interested in waypoint reduction and eventual guild housing want an equal chance to get to the promised “launch” content. We know we aren’t getting precursors (since that is reserved for the tier 3 difficulty attempts), etc. We don’t want to be forced to raise a pvp tree to decide if we want to play the raids or not. This affects far more people that you think it does.

Guild Missions [merged]

Vorch.2985

And that’s over 4 days.

You and 9 other people can get enough influence to take Art of War from 0-5 in 6 hours over 4 days? That’s 600 influence/person/hour, wow…I’m impressed, though somewhat saddened because you’re probably grinding and not having any fun with the game at all.

Wait, are you the guy in the one thread that was claiming he could make 10g in 2 hours?

AC exp grants 3-4 gold for a full path run. A full path run takes 2 hours on the high end.

3g x 5 players = 15g

15g x 5runs = 75g. It costs 78g to get Tier 5. With 5 runs, that’s 10 hours.

3g x 10 players = 30g

30g x 3 runs = 90g. It costs 78g to get to Tier 5. With 3 runs, that’s 6 hours.

And that’s over 4 days.

• AC is not the most effective method of gaining money. There are others.
  • I do not consider having a common goal for a guild to be “work”, but if you don’t like AC or dungeons, there are other options
  • I did not include the influence earned by doing the paths together as a guild.
Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc

(edited by Vorch.2985)

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Our guild consists of the wife and myself plus a various assortment of alts. After years of gaming together we prefer the small guilds where guild politics does not become the driving force behind the guilds purpose so we fully intend to remain as a small guild. We have managed to obtain Architecture Level 4, Art of War Level 3, Economy Level 3, and Politics Level 3 with just the two of us. However looking at what these Guild missions cost versus the end reward they will be quite well out of our reach. They are definately made for larger guilds.

Theftwind (HoD)

Guild Missions [merged]

rizzo.1079

And that’s over 4 days.

AC exp grants 3-4 gold for a full path run. A full path run takes 2 hours on the high end.

3g x 5 players = 15g

15g x 5runs = 75g. It costs 78g to get Tier 5. With 5 runs, that’s 10 hours.

3g x 10 players = 30g

30g x 3 runs = 90g. It costs 78g to get to Tier 5. With 3 runs, that’s 6 hours.

And that’s over 4 days.

• AC is not the most effective method of gaining money. There are others.
  • I do not consider having a common goal for a guild to be “work”, but if you don’t like AC or dungeons, there are other options
  • I did not include the influence earned by doing the paths together as a guild.

Dunno, the only time I ever ran AC it netted me around 50c and it’s an experience that I would never want to be forced to repeat. It was aggressivly unfun. Not sure what other options you’re thinking of, but I bet they involve much grinding and minimal fun.

Guild Missions [merged]

Blacklight.2871

Who the kitten is saying they want the same rewards for less effort? Holy crap the density of this thread is like lead.

They want COMMENSURATE rewards for their efforts. And for that to happen, they need COMMENSURATE access to the content! It’s so simple a child could grasp it — just none of the children here, evidently.

Screw it. I’m done sparring with the willfully obtuse, especially when anet is clearly in your corner. Do carry on with your purple Kool Aid tea party.

Guild Missions [merged]

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Like I said, I must be either a moron or in need of different meds, because I don’t see an insurmountable problem. I mean, moving an ocean with a teaspoon is an insurmountable problem. Managing to live to be two hundred and forty-nine is an insurmountable goal. This? This is not insurmountable. This can be done.

Does it have to be not-fun? No, of course not. But inevitably, people are going to make it not-fun for themselves.

Guild Missions [merged]

Vorch.2985

Dunno, the only time I ever ran AC it netted me around 50c and it’s an experience that I would never want to be forced to repeat. It was aggressivly unfun. Not sure what other options you’re thinking of, but I bet they involve much grinding and minimal fun.

With omnomberry:

Queen Spider: 14s
Kholer: 14s
Troll (1 of 6 spawn points): 14s
End boss: 22s
Dungeon Reward: 26s
1 Bag of Wonderous Items: 2-4s each, 4-5 per run.

That’s not including drops/mats, etc.

AC, imo, is the easiest to do in a small coordinated group, which is why I listed it.

Other methods that I personally use with my guild include CoF path 1/2 farms, Mat farms in Orr, and fractals. Each are more productive than AC explorable (unless you have bad luck, in which case stay AWAY from orr)

This could have been spread over 4 days. That’s 2 hours of a group activity. In addition, you could mix it up, for example: CoF one day, AC another, Fractals the 3rd, with Orr runs in between.

In addition, you always have the option to represent multiple guilds, merge with other guilds, or experience the content that larger guilds set up for the server.

Lastly, with the time gated mechanism in place, larger guilds can’t plow ahead of you. There is a limit to the amount of merits that are earned, regardless of guild size.

Guild Missions [merged]

rizzo.1079

Since I’m telling you my 5 man guild has not built up enough influence in the last 5 months to even come close to any of these goals, I’m thinking maybe it is your meds.

With omnomberry:

Queen Spider: 14s
Kholer: 14s
Troll (1 of 6 spawn points): 14s
End boss: 22s
Dungeon Reward: 26s
1 Bag of Wonderous Items: 2-4s each, 4-5 per run.

That’s not including drops/mats, etc.

AC, imo, is the easiest to do in a small coordinated group, which is why I listed it.

Other methods that I personally use with my guild include CoF path 1/2 farms, Mat farms in Orr, and fractals. Each are more productive than AC explorable (unless you have bad luck, in which case stay AWAY from orr)

This could have been spread over 4 days. That’s 2 hours of a group activity. In addition, you could mix it up, for example: CoF one day, AC another, Fractals the 3rd, with Orr runs in between.

In addition, you always have the option to represent multiple guilds, merge with other guilds, or experience the content that larger guilds set up for the server.

Lastly, with the time gated mechanism in place, larger guilds can’t plow ahead of you. There is a limit to the amount of merits that are earned, regardless of guild size.

Yep just what I thought, an entire list of unfun, grindy stuff that belies the entire ‘Wander around and do what you want, we won’t gate you out of content because of it’ aspect of the game.

(edited by rizzo.1079)

Guild Missions [merged]

Vorch.2985

Yep just what I thought, an entire list of unfun, grindy bs.

May I ask what you do in GW2? If you do it, there’s probably a method of making plenty of money at it. I prefer instances and stated that that list is what I PERSONALLY do with my guild.

Guild Missions [merged]

Posted by: blinkxzero.8035

blinkxzero.8035

Yep just what I thought, an entire list of unfun, grindy bs.

But you only have to run the same instances every day, 2-4 hours a day for a week! That’s only a part time job