October 15th balance/skills updates preview.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Ranger
Sick ‘Em will now apply ‘Revealed” to enemies they target.

Ok I am missing something here, If your target uses stealth you no longer have a Target correct ? So then does the pet just go after that last thing you had targeted or do you need to use it before they stealth ? Or maybe its a AOE Ground target…..

I’m guessing this will play on skill priority.
If you use the pet skill, the target will not be able to stealth in the first place. If they stealth before you are able to get off your Sic ’Em, then maybe you are SOL

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Hey all!
We wanted to ‘spoiler’ a couple of patch notes early, so here they are: …snip

Transfusion: This trait now scales with healing power at a 20% rate, where it didn’t previously scale.

snip…

It’s a good start. Unless I’m running in a zerg though, hardly worth the points. Now if you tell me that the other vampiric traits were also buffed by a good amount then you have just made me one happy necro.

Thing is Anet, when you gave us an OP condi build/meta, you took away all desire for most necros to even consider another build. Becoming a turtle (attrition) is the soul domain of the guard currently and I cannot see a aoe heal “to others” but not to yourself helping much at all.

I find it quite funny though that the only class I saw the devs using in a livestream is the guard, little wonder though, if I saw a necro dev in there I would most likely have a heart attack.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

Where is the increased radius for my bombs?

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Ranger:

• pet survivability has always been flat out unacceptable. Often 1-2 shot in dungeons and large scale wvw.
  • Instead of having “passive” mode, give pets a “spirit” mode. The pet stops attacking, no longer takes damage, but imbues the Ranger with a pet-specific buff. For instance, maybe a crit bonus while a cat is on passive, maybe a chance to cause bleeding while a shark is on passive, you get the idea.
  • pigs: pet f2 performance is unacceptable. drop an object on the ground? really? that enemies can pick up? really?
  • why does “Guard” shout have a cast time?

+1 to this. Especially spirit mode, which WOULD get rid of all of the “Pet being useless” talk. Especially if one of the traits was changed to give the passive buff to up to 5 people nearby.

thats spirit mode what i always say!
and the mighty roar… 3 sec cast for a 10 sec buff. and yes, the skill not show the right time. as some other pet buffs.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Posted by: clipnotdone.9634

clipnotdone.9634

Is the myriad of mostly useless and or misplaced Mesmer traits ever going to be addressed? The pool has been quite the mess since forever.
I’m pretty sure the Mesmer player base is in almost universal agreement that Illusionists Celerity needs to be removed and affected skills need to have their baselines adjusted a tad.
The trait is far to powerful it’s own good. The fact that so many players feel 25 points into illusions is almost mandatory should say alot.

The buffs to Mantras are nice, but they still have a pretty huge problem in Harmonious Mantras.
You cant buff their rather lackluster effects, or they risk being rather overpowered with the trait. I think most players would probably prefer if the trait was removed and Mantras had their baseline brought up to par with other utilities.
EDIT:
Pain and Distraction getting a PBAoE would be pretty neato and fit in with the whole ‘AoE Mantras’ thing.

Arcane Thievery can still be blocked by aegis/doesnt work through blind, is single target and has pretty poo range, all while having a higher CD than Null Field. It really needs some love.

I really feel like Phantasms hitting from stealth shouldn’t be happening.
Stealth spamming zerker phantasm builds have very little counter play.
It’s cheesy and isn’t all that fun for anybody to play against.
On the subject of Phantasms, it’d be great if they could trigger sigils and other % effects again and gain some utility outside of just dealing direct damage.

Illusionary Leap.
Illusionary Leap Illusionary Leap Illusionary Leap Illusionary Leap Illusionary Leap, Illusionary Leap Illusionary Leap.
Ill. Usion. Ary. Leap.

If this skill were able to write a novel, it would be a harrowing best seller about the horrors of parental neglect.

25/90 never forget.

(edited by clipnotdone.9634)

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

Is the myriad of mostly useless and or misplaced Mesmer traits ever going to be addressed? The pool has been quite the mess since forever.
I’m pretty sure the Mesmer player base is in almost universal agreement that Illusionists Celerity needs to be removed and affected skills need to have their baselines adjusted a tad.
The trait is far to powerful it’s own good. The fact that so many players feel 25 points into illusions is almost mandatory should say alot.

The buffs to Mantras are nice, but they still have a pretty huge problem in Harmonious Mantras.
You cant buff their rather lackluster effects, or they risk being rather overpowered with the trait. I think most players would probably prefer if the trait was removed and Mantras had their baseline brought up to par with other utilities.
EDIT:
Pain and Distraction getting a PBAoE would be pretty neato and fit in with the whole ‘AoE Mantras’ thing.

Arcane Thievery can still be blocked by aegis/doesnt work through blind, is single target and has pretty poo range, all while having a higher CD than Null Field. It really needs some love.

I really feel like Phantasms hitting from stealth shouldn’t be happening.
Stealth spamming zerker phantasm builds have very little counter play.
It’s cheesy and isn’t all that fun for anybody to play against.
On the subject of Phantasms, it’d be great if they could trigger sigils and other % effects again and gain some utility outside of just dealing direct damage.

Illusionary Leap.
Illusionary Leap Illusionary Leap Illusionary Leap Illusionary Leap Illusionary Leap, Illusionary Leap Illusionary Leap.
Ill. Usion. Ary. Leap.

If this skill were able to write a novel, it would be a harrowing best seller about the horrors of parental neglect.

Yes to all of this. Make S/S viable and fix our trait tree that was purposely borked. If the trait trees from that other MMO had good synergy then the Mesmer would be the example of awful synergy with our kitten offensive phantasms traits buried randomly in the shatter tree.

Posted by: Wicked Demiurge.3107

Wicked Demiurge.3107

Regarding Necromancers:

Can we get a, say, 1.5 second “double tap protection” built into the F1 command to go into Death Shroud. It’s not as big an issue in PVE, but in SPVP entire battles or even matches get be lost if you double tap F1 and essentially waste your Deathshroud.

This would be my single most requested class change for Necros, personally.

Edit to add: To the best of my recollection, a few similar abilities have gotten similar changes fairly recently as well, so it should be easy from a programming POV, and improve consistency across classes as well.

Posted by: Drizzt.5078

Drizzt.5078

It’s really frustrating that certain weapon skills don’t mesh. For example, warrior’s rifle auto attack applies a bleed, but it’s #3 and finisher do “normal” damage. Likewise, warrior’s bow does normal damage on autoattack, but the finisher and #2 do burning damage. For QoL and building purposes it would be very nice to have weapons with consistent normal or condition damage.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Unsteady Ground: This skill no longer damages or cripples enemies. It will now prevent foes from crossing the area, knocking them back a short distance. Lasts for 3 seconds.

I guess that might be nice in PvP but it looks like a huge nerf for PvE. At least for the times I’ve been using the skill. The new version is now effectively useless since things with defiant(or unstoppable) are just going to ignore it. At least with the old version if it gets ignored there is a bit of damage being done and helps with anything that benefits from having a condition on the enemy.

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

Merciful Intervention really needs to be looked at:

It still teleports you to the closest ally regardless of health. Is it meant to behave in this way? Making it an AoE and a stun breaker may make it more appealing too.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

It’s really frustrating that certain weapon skills don’t mesh. For example, warrior’s rifle auto attack applies a bleed, but it’s #3 and finisher do “normal” damage. Likewise, warrior’s bow does normal damage on autoattack, but the finisher and #2 do burning damage. For QoL and building purposes it would be very nice to have weapons with consistent normal or condition damage.

Don’t warriors have traits that do things like X% more damage on a target that’s bleeding? ANet may have wanted to allow players some synergy between weapons and traits.

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Don’t warriors have traits that do things like X% more damage on a target that’s bleeding? ANet may have wanted to allow players some synergy between weapons and traits.

War Rifle Auto does pretty weak dmg to make up for the fact that it has some bleeding.

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

War Rifle Auto does pretty weak dmg to make up for the fact that it has some bleeding.

Right, I’m not trying to justify its low damage… only that a weapon with both condition and power attacks isn’t always a bad thing.

I realize that Warrior Longbow and Thief Shortbow are horrendously weak weapons even when compared to a Ranger’s shortbow.

Posted by: JGar.4103

JGar.4103

NECROMANCER IMPROVEMENT

• Make the skill Dark Path from Death Shroud a target AoE skill while improving also its damage. So it can works as a shadowstep without targeting a single enemy and increasing its popularity in more builds.
  • Make the Reanimator trait summon more minions, up to 5, like it was at the start of the game, with internal cooldown of 5 seconds. To balance this, decrease their health points by 25%.

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Regarding Necromancers:

Can we get a, say, 1.5 second “double tap protection” built into the F1 command to go into Death Shroud. It’s not as big an issue in PVE, but in SPVP entire battles or even matches get be lost if you double tap F1 and essentially waste your Deathshroud.

Doing so would ruin “DS dancing” (going in and out very fast just to proc effects), unless that protection can be disabled via options.

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

Knote.2904

Right, I’m not trying to justify its low damage… only that a weapon with both condition and power attacks isn’t always a bad thing.

I realize that Warrior Longbow and Thief Shortbow are horrendously weak weapons even when compared to a Ranger’s shortbow.

That’s the difference there, Ranger shortbow auto is good for both power/cond builds because it does a lot of both dmg. Where as Rifle auto only does decent condi dmg, so you have a power weapon with a weak power auto attack.

Posted by: Moh Jay.7240

Moh Jay.7240

Since all I ever play is guardian I guess I’ll provide suggestions:

1. Please PLEASE make zeal something to consider. Why is kindled zeal even in the grandmaster trait, wait why is condition damage even in a guardian’s trait line? I understand fire is the hardest hitting condition but at the rate we apply blinds, vulnerability (if traited), and fire it is not enough to make any difference to classes that can cleanse conditions. Right now it is just not worth it making a condition guardian because it just can’t have the results a guardian wearing knights or zerker could. We have a whole trait line and half of it is dedicated to 1 condition that lasts only 1-4 seconds and can be cleansed easily.

2. My second problem is I cannot live without pure of voice. I know you have changes coming to help better combat this condition meta but please spread out condition cleansing among the other trait lines so I am not punished for not going into the valor tree.

3. It is either defense and critical damage or more critical hits that still output similar damage at the cost of defense. All I play is guardian and what I have learned is going into honor still gives me decent damage because it is paired with critical damage. It can be a win for someone who wants to be tanky and do damage but its a loss for someone who wants to go offensive because they can’t have some form of tanky unless they give up condition cleansing. Why is there no balance like this to honor? Picking honor is superior in the long run because i get 300 toughness, 30% critical damage, boon healing every boon if I go altruistic healing, might per block if I put 25 into it AND I can go 30 in valor and have my condition cleansing. Now if I go into radiance its more precision, vulnerability (if traited), 5% more dmg (if traited) to swords and spears, 10% to people with conditions (if 25 is put in), and 15% more crit chance. Now this is extremely powerful but that 5% damage + the 10% from conditions is inferior than 30% critical damage (I could just beserker or something to make up the critical chance) and to add to that now I have to choose between being glassy and having condition cleansing or being tanky but weak to conditions. It is much easier to make up lost precision than it is to make up lost toughness AND critical damage.

4. Weapon skills. The first one I want to mention is sword skill 2. It is a nice gap closer and it blinds a person but it hits for nothing. That damage should be buffed just a little bit or add some condition to it like bleeding (I am stabbing someone). Sword 3 is also extremely situational. It just is not as accurate you can run to the side or just dodge backwards once to get out of range. I am not asking for big change but if it roots me I want those projectiles to hit fast and miss less or not be rooted and be slow projectiles. Please fix shield it needs help. Skill 4 should have a knockdown effect with its current effect while shield 5 should be a mini dome that you can’t enter. Right now barely any decent guard runs shield because it is inferior to a focus (which is great as is). Torch 5 needs some help. Sure it hits for a lot but getting all those hits can be tricky. While I use torch 5 I am just as prone as when I use sword 3 because if I want to dodge then it cancels the skill out and I need to be a short distance for the flames to hit. If you don’t want to change how it looks then please let it cleanse it’s wielder of conditions like it cleanses your teammates. Ring of warding needs some help as well. It is so easy to bypass such a long cd skill. The ring of warding should do damage and knockdown someone when you first use it sort of like the warrior hammer spin.

So to sum it all up, we have a trait line where half of it is useless, we get more punished not going into honor, valor, and sometimes virtues compared to not going into radiance or zeal. Some weapon skills are underwhelming for their cd/ user vulnerability and shield needs some love the most. Some of this may have been repeated in the thread but I am not going to read 26 pages just to see. Also, these ideas I posted must be carefully considered because I assume I may have asked to overpower a weapon or trait line; I mainly want you to see where I am coming from and why.

Fort Aspenwood – Worst guardian in Guild Wars
Unreal Aussies [uA]
Embrace the Enemy [Corp]

(edited by Moh Jay.7240)

Posted by: RLHawk.3290

RLHawk.3290

as an ele i feel like we got the finger compared to every one else-.- once more, and we are properly the class who needed a real buff the most… bs

do this:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Attunement-and-Traits-Revamp-idea/first#post2825766

As an Ele, I feel the exact opposite. I’m super excited and happy about this. Perhaps it’s because I’m a staff ele, but this one /is/ focused on support stuff, right? Which is kinda what staff is meant to be better at than other weapons…

shrug I really really like my ele though, and for the hundreds and hundreds of hours playing him I’ve never felt under powered, not even in PvP.

IGN: Elvendir (Elementalist)
Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: Freedan.1769

Freedan.1769

Karl McLain, firstly I want to thank you for your update, giving us tidbits I think helps players get a feel for where things are going. On that note, please promise us you will do more than buff those two mesmer mantra’s that were mentioned for that class! I would bet you every piece of gold and gems my characters have and delete them all if I am wrong, that if those are the only buffs you do to mantra’s every mesmer will feel the patch was pointless.

Mantra’s need more than a couple aoe buffs to two skills to bother making them effective. Please give us more than that. Make all of them area effect skills, or reduce their recharges to allow the long cast times to have something to offset their absurd ease of interruption.

Warfare is an art that occurs on the balls of ones feet; you can’t make a guy who stands there for several seconds chanting any more than a sitting duck no matter how hard you try. I find the idea some posit of making mantra’s OP a joke; if you massively reduced their recharge or made them all pbaoe in addition to their normal effect they would still only be good not great. So please don’t fall short. Oh, final word from me: for the love of Benji PLEASE buff phantasmal mage on the torch. I am sick of that skill’s damage factor literally one order of magnitude lower than any other phantasms. Hint: give it better condition damage. Torment would be a thought, every other class has a direct method of applying it that got it except Mesmer.

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

Move the scepter cooldown trait for mesmers from the inspiration line to the illusions line. This trait has nothing to do with the inspiration line, does not benefit phantasm or support builds.

Make the mesmer scepter auto attack apply a condi on the third hit, just a 1s poison or 2s torment would be fine. And speed up the chain, the is one of the worst auto attacks in the game on a medicore weapon.

Make the mesmer torch phantasm better – it’s just horrible outside of neiche confusion builds. There is no reason to use this weapon in pve. In pvp/wvw it’s ok for the invis/burn on the forth skill. Make the phantasm apply a short burn or chill and lower the cooldown to bring it in line with the other, far better phantasms.

Remove the cooldown on blinding befuddlement. Mesmers cannot spam blinds in the first place and 1 stack of confusion per blind is medicore, especially with kitten cd.

Move Illusionary Celarity so it’s either a 10 point trait in illusions or a the 15 point minor trait. This is overkill at 25 points and should be reconsidered.

Perplexity runes need to be changed so the 6th rune has an ICD. Many classes can spam interupts, being able to stack confusion along side that is over the top. The 6th skill on these runes is more powerful than most grandmaster traits in the game – that should tell you something is wrong. Also the runes are bugged – they do not provide an additional 30% confusion buff and if a theif interrupts you using basi, somehow they make you confused instead. I don’t think this affects other classes interrupts, something about thieves basi sets them off incorrectly.

Also, you may want to look a changing heartseeker to not be a leap finisher, this is half the problem with stealth spam thieves in wvw and trivializes the stealth mechanic. Improve pistol as a weapon and offhand dagger, but tone down HS – being able to spam that many finishers in a row is over the top, especially with a smoke combo field so easily accessible on pistol offhand.

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

Posted by: Avatara.1042

as an ele i feel like we got the finger compared to every one else-.- once more, and we are properly the class who needed a real buff the most… bs

do this:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Attunement-and-Traits-Revamp-idea/first#post2825766

As an Ele, I feel the exact opposite. I’m super excited and happy about this. Perhaps it’s because I’m a staff ele, but this one /is/ focused on support stuff, right? Which is kinda what staff is meant to be better at than other weapons…

shrug I really really like my ele though, and for the hundreds and hundreds of hours playing him I’ve never felt under powered, not even in PvP.

Balance changes are probably meaningless to you, then.

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

Hey all!
We wanted to ‘spoiler’ a couple of patch notes early, so here they are:

Glacial Heart: This trait now delivers an area strike on the target it activates on, damaging and chilling up to 5 enemies in a 180 radius.

Transfusion: This trait now scales with healing power at a 20% rate, where it didn’t previously scale.

Unsteady Ground: This skill no longer damages or cripples enemies. It will now prevent foes from crossing the area, knocking them back a short distance. Lasts for 3 seconds.

Roy and I are scheduled to stream on October 11th where we’ll go over a few more features and adjustments that you’ll see on the mid-october update. Be sure to tune in and check it out!

First of all, there is no spoiler when it comes to balancing an existing skill, do that when you plan to create new skills, don’t spoil it there!

Is the 20% of healing power added to the full transfusion or +20% on each tick ?

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

upcoming changes to Ele Elite Skill: “turns you into a Warrior for 60 secs” CD 240 secs.

Posted by: Cruor.8516

Cruor.8516

Ok so : no nerf on survavibility of warriors that really need a balance between monstruous dps AND monstruous survavibility thanks to the auto heal/dispell. But a buff 0_o’

No nerf on perma Stealth/regen of thiefs and no increase of their usefullness in groups.

No up of the least played class in the game : engineer who have the lowest mobility, the lowest utility in group, one of the lowest dps even when specced, and one the lowest survavibility (only things it’s fun to play for some players like me).

Up of the gardian who was already fine, up of the HP of pets in wvw and pve… errr really will it make them any closer to be usefull in wvw with this low damage/utility? I don’t think so…

Well I hope ANet have a lot more in their sleeve, because I’m not really expecting anything interesting.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Up of the gardian who was already fine, up of the HP of pets in wvw and pve… errr really will it make them any closer to be usefull in wvw with this low damage/utility? I don’t think so…

Yeah I really don’t get the Ranger change, it’s as if pets are horrible because they have low hp… Newsflash: it’s not their HP that’s the problem, for PVE/dungeons unless they give them 10x HP they would still be as useful as they are now, see: completely useless. Anything else than 10 times the HP and they complete garbage.

Posted by: Acaro.4067

Acaro.4067

What I´m really afraid of is that Anet brings out this patch which is supposed to give as build diversity (but it won´t because a few changes here and there won´t fix such things as the berserker PvE meta) and then leave it again for the next few months.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

What I´m really afraid of is that Anet brings out this patch which is supposed to give as build diversity (but it won´t because a few changes here and there won´t fix such things as the berserker PvE meta) and then leave it again for the next few months.

I’m willing to give them a chance, at least they seem to be open this time to what certain classes have been asking for; necro life siphon for an example. We still have topic upon topic of how we would like a cleaving weapon for the necro, but so long as they are listening to us and reading threads such as these, we are much better off.

Yes the PvE meta is slanted towards the zerger warrior and deeps is king, but maybe with this new openness they will at least try other avenues to make other builds more viable and, maybe someday, even wanted for most dungeon groups.

Posted by: Sparkman.4069

Sparkman.4069

Hello ArenaNet,

Thank you for the Engineer changes with elixer toolbet removing random annoyance will be excellent in sPVP . Can you also look at Elixer U please, the toolbelt skill suffers the same problem.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Have you ever considered reducing the difference between low and high health professions?

The reason I ask that is because it could make it a lot easier to balance dungeons and PvP if things are equally dangerous to all professions. The way things currently are, a character with 10,000 health must be able to beat a boss and as such the fight is balanced around it. This means that for a 20,000 health character, the fight is only half as challenging. A 10k spike will nearly kill an elementalist while a warrior won’t even go below 50% health. The only way to solve this is by introducing hits that kills instantly, but that negates defenses and makes defensive gear worthless.

This is also shown by the fact that berserker gear is all over the place: because bosses must be beatable by characters with no defenses, thy’re balanced for that. This means that any gear that adds defense is essentially a waste, only for the lazy players.

By bringing the basic defenses together this issue can be adressed somewhat. A zerker warrior should feel not having high defenses, not shrug it off because the damage was based on the elementalist which has even less defense than said berserker warrior.

I’m not saying all health and armor should be equal, but instead of 10,000/15,000/20,000 the base health could be changed to 12,500/15,000/17,500. This will make the difference smaller and make the same hit more dangerous to all players while still making a difference between heavies and lights.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: ATC Alpha.4098

ATC Alpha.4098

Here’s a friendly suggestion for you, a-net:

Add customization to the weaponskills tab. The potential in this feature is almost endless, think of all the fun! Why deny us that instead of having this current clunky system.

Example: Unsteady ground, option to switch between either the knockdown or cripple effect for it. I’d prefer cripple effect in PvE so I’m somewhat against the change.

More flexibility, uniqueness, better gameplay, less dull and everyone will be happy.

There’s so much more that could be added into the game. I could list tons of more nice ideas but it’d turn into an unreadable wall of text.

/Sad staff ele.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Fixing thief 101

1- Increase HS initiatives to 4 (don’t remove its leap finisher as some suggested cuz that’s too much). This isn’t just for BP/HS spam but also for spam itself.

2- CnD initiatives increased to 7, can’t CnD on pets (clones and of that crap), damage decrease to spvp level.

3- Black Powder- you can only apply stealth once per black powder (3sec and 4sec if traited), stealth not stackable.

4- When attacking from stealth and the attack is missed/blocked, it should apply reveal and this goes to all classes

5- (cry me a river about this one, bro) Give a 5sec reveal after attacking from stealth, give a 1sec reveal after stealth ends even if not attacking from stealth.

No cries about thieves anymore and only baddies that can’t play their own class will come here to complain.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Fixing thief 101

1- Increase HS initiatives to 4 (don’t remove its leap finisher as some suggested cuz that’s too much). This isn’t just for BP/HS spam but also for spam itself.

2- CnD initiatives increased to 7, can’t CnD on pets (clones and of that crap), damage decrease to spvp level.

3- Black Powder- you can only apply stealth once per black powder (3sec and 4sec if traited), stealth not stackable.

4- When attacking from stealth and the attack is missed/blocked, it should apply reveal and this goes to all classes

5- (cry me a river about this one, bro) Give a 5sec reveal after attacking from stealth, give a 1sec reveal after stealth ends even if not attacking from stealth.

No cries about thieves anymore and only baddies that can’t play their own class will come here to complain.

i main a thief and none of these would bother me a bit.

OP’d thief, lol

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Fixing thief 101

i main a thief and none of these would bother me a bit.

havent these been suggested before and already addressed? hence the 4 second reveal in spvp and 3 second stasis in pve etc.?

on suggestion 4 – how can other specific classes with out access to block…block a foe they cannot see or know when to dodge something they cannot see…i disagree and this is from a logical standpoint.

on suggestion 1 – this may actually stop half of the ignorant thieves just spamming HS on a 100% health target, though it was funny xD, could also encourage initiative control.

3- more of a question here – why? and i want specifics.

2 – right, sure because you hit a clone, and it SHOULD one hit kill a clone anyway due to the low health causing you to waste initiative ANYWAY…so you cant cnd a pet to apply venom/further a kill on it…what about ranger builds that rotate around pets being full health?!….no, i disagree here…

5 – similar to 4 – already suggested… 4 second is in pvp already…no QQing about it here. and stealth stacking would kill ALL of wvw/dungeons even with a split. disagree, would kill usefulness of a lot of thieves in dungeons (not everyone playing thief is as “pro” as you…if you call it that)

and i suggest you dont call people bad based on a personal build taste…meta is meta, its for sheep. run what YOU want, dont push it on others.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Chill slows down your skill CD. Can some1 please tell me why the f it doesn’t slow down initiatives regen when thieves have no CD outside of utilities/elite? Chill should be applied to initiatives regen and that’s a no brainer. Its kinda funny how devs ignored this for 13 months and some1 needs to point that out on a forum for them to even notice…

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I’m not sure why anet felt it was necessary to change that ele skill to a copy of the Guardian’s Line of Warding.

Why not just increase the damage, cripple duration and add bleeding to it?

It will be interesting to keep people under your aoe, but I still don’t understand how making the ele more similar to a guardian improves the ele. And now what about guardians? The “unique” skill they had is now shared by another class (because that other class needs a boost but you don’t want to increased it’s dps even if it’s the lowest of all classes).

There is so many other problems with the ele, one of which is the Warrior, which has twice our health pool, deals much more damage per second than we do, and its skills take 250% less time to cast. The game feels totally unbalanced from that perspective.

Another immense problem is ALL the traits which only works when attuned to a specific elements.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Have you ever considered reducing the difference between low and high health professions?

That is the balance solution right there: The base health difference between light armor classes and heavy armor classes is too large, it should be slightly reduced or have a cap.

A warrior shouldn’t run around with 32k hp when ele’s and thief have 16k hp.

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Health isn’t tied to armor class. Necromancers have the same high pool as warriors, and guardians have just as little as elementalists.

I should be writing.

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Elementalists need to be bumped up to the 15k base health bracket (where Engineers and Rangers are). There is absolutely no reason for Elementalists being so squishy, as they lack any passive defense.

OR, Anet can actually properly evaluate each profession and give them the proper base health.

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

I’m completely underwhelmed, all you posted was some fluff and meh balances. Cool, you’re going with the anti stealth route. Congrats on making S/D the only viable thief build in the years to come, ANet YOU SO SMART TEEHEE!

I think it’s even more silly you tied that mechanic to a ranger – who is almost impossible to backstab thanks to pet eating 90% of them because your targeting is absolutely atrocious. On top of their perma regen and protection I may as well just roll a ranger. Forgive me if rangers have been nerfed, last I played they were unkillable by a BS thief if they knew what they were doing. Hell they seem to have more evades than a thief.

I guess you’ll listen to thief QQ but ignore every other glaring issue with the game that players are crying about. I’m impressed, continue the amazing work.

If you can’t bs a ranger, you need to l2p. I find it easy on my thief. Rangers are pretty easy to kill in WvWvW. Seriously, L2p

Sanduskel, you proudly tout that you are an evasion-based S/D Thief, and that Thieves with stealth-based builds are “scrubs.” But Backstab is on the dagger mainhand. So how would you have any grasp on how easy it is to BS a Ranger?

My troll senses are tingling.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

easy – i’ve played that spec. it was too easy. i am sorry that you don’t understand that permastealth is bad for the game and only for scrubs. I left it as soon as it was obvious how easy it is.

OP’d thief, lol

Posted by: Aldjeron.1062

Aldjeron.1062

Ok. I’ve gone away and thought about it. As for engies, I still think the turret idea stinks.

What I would like to see, as someone that runs not one, but 2 engies (yes, I love the class), is:

1. weapon swap. Not like we have a lot of weapons, but I’d love to swap pistols for rifle sometimes.
2. make turrets tougher, or make them ignore aoe skills. They draw aggro like crazy, but are one-shot by ordinary monsters. Too weak to do any good.
3. make healing turret NOT targetable. No other class has their aoe heals draw aggro and be destroyed.
4. make turrets target whatever the player has targeted when they drop them. Then if the player changes targets, the turrets do not, until the target is dead. then it is closest target/player target.
5. fix the flamethrower animation. The skill does not reach as far as the flames do.
6. give us the option to make skills like the grenades be throwable at a target, not ground targeting. Many of us are just too slow for ground targeting, or lose our mouse cursor too easily. In fights, I run 8-10 fps usually, ground targeting just doesn’t work, unless I can stand still and use it.

The Following is IMO.

Ok 1st nice to see a fellow engi player we are rare. I’ve stuck with my engi since day 1. So I have some disagreements to some of your suggestions.

1. We have Kits, we’ll be over powered with a third weapon slot, however I would like the weapon swap to remember the last kit so we can swap back easier.

2. Traits can increase their toughness, but to blanket them to be tougher would not be good considering we also have traits that can utilize the destruction of them as well.

3. Sorry it would be unfair. No other class has a heal that can be recycled and last for such a long time. We also have non targetable healing several in fact.

4. Disagree I prefer the idea they are going with where it targets our target. This will really be a nice add to grenadiers cause we don’t target our victims but now we can focus turrets at the same time. Very nice.

5. I thought they fixed this, but at full distance your chance to hit is pretty low. Personally i get right on top of them so I really don’t know. BUT if its true yea should fixed.

6. Never will happen. Sorry it would make us overpowered. And having ground targeting is an advantage. However as I’ve stated before we could use a bit more camera zoom to allow us to aim properly when using nades. Especially when fighting in hills or at max range. And I do VERY well as grenadier it is a talent, and can be difficult to master but placement and skill choices can really make the difference. And i don’t have a great frame rate either. Especially in WvW

Overall sounds more like you want the game/skills to adapt to your play style, rather than honing the skills that match your play style. I wish you luck on finding the better build

Aldjeron.1062

So far I love these ideas.

Two things though, regarding the Engineer.

1. It would be awesome to have a “turret toolkit” utility skill, with all our turrets in one toolkit similar to Grenade Kit or Bomb Kit, instead of a single turret per utility slot. Or would this be OP?
2. Can you please make our Elite Mortar skill into a Mortar Turret?? Right now, as cool as i think a Mortar is… I never use this skill because it needs to be manned, and takes away my mobility. If it functioned on its own like a turret does it would be so great!

thank you!

PS.. Why cant My Necromancer’s Flesh Golem learn how to swim already?

1. We couldn’t fight while they were out? Cause the kit would be our attacks? No thanks.

2. Mortar can be manned by anyone, however we seriously need to add some range to it. Its useless due to range limits, not cause it has to be manned, IMO. And you can buy Mortar Kits (non WvW) that are mortars that act like turrets. Last thing about mortars it would be awesome if they operate like siege mortars instead of ground targeting, it could open up the use for them a lot more.

Aldjeron.1062

Class balance:
Engineer
We did some reworks on the Elixir toolbelt (f-bar) skills. These just didn’t have enough cool play to them, and we wanted to improve them. Like:

• Elixir S toolbelt is now guaranteed stealth.
  • Elixir B toolbelt now guarantees Stability along with the random current effect. Base recharge increased to 30 seconds.

We also did QoL (quality of life) improvements to skills that saw little play.

And finally, Engineer turrets will attack the Engineer’s target. They still take time to rotate to face the target, and they still have their respective cooldowns when firing. But this means the Engineer can focus damage on a single target by using their turrets.

Can you give any details on the QoL improvements for Engi’s?

Knote.2904

For Engineer the few things I would like :

1.) Hold down ability key to keep spamming (for grenades), this exists for certain skills in the game already.

2.) Flamethrower should get more range on it, flamethrowers are supposed to throw flames and they do so pretty far, make it like 600-700 range atleast, would make up for the fact that you have to commit to do dmg with it.

3.) Turrets, I just want a better way to use them more often or when I’m moving around too much. The CD reduction for picking them up is ok, but when you have 50 second cooldown turrets it’s still not enough. Maybe start with shaving those 50 second cooldowns down to 30-40?

4.) Mortar, really needs more range, like 2000 atleast (2500 traited), and fix the bug that prevents the attacks from going through if you fire one, then leave the mortar. Would also be nice if the dmg scaled with your stats other than Cond.

(edited by Knote.2904)

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Health isn’t tied to armor class. Necromancers have the same high pool as warriors, and guardians have just as little as elementalists.

True, and I think it would be nice if they got a small change too. It’s just that the Elementalist vs. Warrior is the most extreme example.

Basically, elementalists are ruïning the dungeons for warriors because they’re so squishy and still need to be able to complete the dungeon. If they had more health, the dungeon could be scaled such that damage is more dangerous to warriors too.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Pets hands down need an immunity to AOE we’re talking summons, ranger spirits/pet, turrets or they will remain mediocre at best

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Knote.2904

Pets hands down need an immunity to AOE we’re talking summons, ranger spirits/pet, turrets or they will remain mediocre at best

This,.

Posted by: liefbread.9513

liefbread.9513

and if “all pets get immunity to AOE” they will be broken in half in any pvp wvw scenario.

If I recall correctly, every single MLG team in the sPvP tourney was running a spirit ranger. “Mediocre at best.”

Come up with a better solution.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Things like Blink needs a 10 sec CD or less. I really don’t understand why a skill that just acts as an extra dodge/catching up to party members needs a whooping 30 seconds CD.

They should just improve pet AIs to allow them to get away from AoEs.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Things like Blink needs a 10 sec CD or less. I really don’t understand why a skill that just acts as an extra dodge/catching up to party members needs a whooping 30 seconds CD.

They should just improve pet AIs to allow them to get away from AoEs.

Do you really want people teleporting around CONSTANTLY?

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com