Share your data about perceived strange drop behavior here!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Pretty sure we all already know which way it was…..

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Dumb and likely obvious question but… Doesn’t this also kill the server-side loot monitoring since all the higher end loot will be considered as dropped from the chests and not the mobs?

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Well I’ve just noticed that the recent patch notes say they have adjusted the loot drops in Orr but don’t say up or down so i suspect that will mean down though i cannot imagine handing out more porous bones lol!
On another note i found a rare off a spider and got a wooden chest that dropped a green and the wife just got a level 80 exotic torch off a champion boar in Queensdale, i got a blue.

Vlad… haven’t you heard? Porous Bones are the new rare!! They’re just… grey.

Also I believe with these chests being dished out, I think it’s the same method as in WvW where the loot isn’t to be found on the corpses but right where you stand, so if you move off the spot you won’t see it and will have probably overlooked it. I believe it needs a better animation, and a minimum rarity of loot inside BETTER than blues.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

Ok I’ve been pretty vocal here with regards to this issue in the past and just gave up ranting out of frustration. But after the 28th patch, I managed to get atleast 6 rares (total 5g) in 4 hrs. Possible that it is due to the widely running speculation that drops are good usually within hours after reset and then it starts to get worse. Maybe it is or it isn’t, not really sure. I didn’t get anything remarkable (rares) on 29th though, however many greens did drop.
Porous bones are still the trending drops along with Heavy moldy bags. Did Melandru event earlier and got 4 greens – no rares. Gotta do more Orr events later to comment on any possible significant changes made to loot. They mentioned that drops in Orr have been adjusted in the last patch – whether increased or decreased is still a mystery. I hope they use a more straight-forward language in the future than trolling us with such ambiguous wordings.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

Posted by: Aproposs Of Fire.4056

Aproposs Of Fire.4056

I think what they have done here is add another piece of code based on the RNG. Make the ratio (i.e. RNG) between junk and not (i.e. chest) better towards the non-junk item. This means that your chance of getting something of higher rarity has now improved when compared to before. This is the simplest method, because instead of changing code more, you are essentially adding another IF that encapsulates the already written code.

Then give this code a pretty face (i.e. a chest) and run the RNG within it to give an item from blue rarity upwards.

Simple and effective, but I wish the minimum rarity within the chest was green…not blue.

No doubt you’re right. We know that these loot issues are not happening to everyone – some people are not affected. So those people who are less affected or not affected at all are getting the PvE loot chests as intended. No need to look there for a problem.

And, since some of us are seeing blue and above drops falling without a chest, I think that is a indicator of when the loot problem is manifesting in-game. If so, that will be a flag for the coders to narrow down where the problem is happening.

Well I’ve just noticed that the recent patch notes say they have adjusted the loot drops in Orr but don’t say up or down so i suspect that will mean down though i cannot imagine handing out more porous bones lol!
i found a rare off a spider and got a wooden chest that dropped a green and the wife just got a level 80 exotic torch off a champion boar in Queensdale, i got a blue.

Well, in my 45 minutes in CS I did get porous bones; but not as many as the mats I got. That was only 45 minutes though.

Were the rare and exotic drops in chests? Did the blue from the champ drop in a chest?

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

General

• Adjusted Orr Undead loot drops

Modification of the release notes, last post a few hours ago is ambiguous at best. I’ll bet my last copper it’s adjusted down, not up.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Wait wait wait wait wait…

So they were ABLE TO TELL if LOOT was dropping TOO MUCH or TOO LITTLE and ADJUSTED IT.

So why the kitten are we posting data in this thread again?

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

OK last 2 evenings felt quite better in terms of loot but it may be only due to server restart/new patch. I got lots of Heavy Moldy Bags and T6 mats (as mentioned in patch notes) and even dropped 4 rares and named exotic (random mobs).

I hope this trend will continue so we can make at least some profit from mats alone. Also it is worth to note that those new Orrian Jewelry Boxes seem bettter gamble than Mystic Forge in terms of profit. From around 20 of them I got over 10g worth of lodestones, few obsidian shards and loads of Karma back so IMO they are worth spending your Karma on.

Not that DR is gone, not at all. I still can feel when it hits me but it seems it is a bit softened by Moldy Bags and extra T6 mats drops.

Didn’t managed to open any temple chest yet (Grenth is a b…. to kill now) but I heard people get same usual stuff from them varying from rares to blue junk.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Posted by: Flawliss.1890

Flawliss.1890

So they were ABLE TO TELL if LOOT was dropping TOO MUCH or TOO LITTLE and ADJUSTED IT.

The same reason you let a 4 year old have his/her
temper tantrum and be done with it. They fall sleep and get quiet after.

“Skritt, I’m hit!”

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

General

• Adjusted Orr Undead loot drops

Modification of the release notes, last post a few hours ago is ambiguous at best. I’ll bet my last copper it’s adjusted down, not up.

Obviously we were getting too much Porous Bones and this had to stop!

I’m just waking up so I’ll try farming CS today and will see how it goes, although I’m not getting my hopes up :/

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

Well T6 mats drops in Orr seem to have gone even more downhill.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Were the rare and exotic drops in chests? Did the blue from the champ drop in a chest?

The exotic my wife got dropped of a boar champion in Queensdale, i got a blue off of the ame boar. The rare i got dropped off a normal spider and the green i got was from a wooden chest off another random creature.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

@Vlad – Did your wife get the exotic from a chest/box or from corpse loot? I have yet to see an exotic and the boxes aren’t working for me yet.

I still see next to nothing from champs and vets. Completed the kill vet daily and got a single blue on my alt that is the total from all vets. Also killed the Giant in Disseau and got nothing for my golden effort. Though others doing a lot of damage also reported getting nothing. So that is two days of champs and vets rewarding 0 – blue loot only.

Also DR hit hard on my main yesterday. I got two greens and 10 blues then the rest white. Only 5 mats both T5/T6. I only played on it for about 45 minutes until switching to the alt. I can only guess that DR hit from the previous day and had not reset yet. The alt I logged into did not get anything more than blues from about 2hours of playtime while I completed the daily and the refugee acheivement.

I did not see any boxes yesterday on either character. I like the idea of the boxes as a tracking device once it is properly implemented. Though I would like to see them more visually distinguishable than they are now.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Today’s patch makes it blatantly obvious this thread is a red herring. There was never any intention of satisfying the player’s concerns regarding the rewards for open world PvE.

If Arenanet can figure out within a day that drops should be lowered to their previous atrocious level, rather than the level it was when the merged thread that preceded this thread was created, then it’s obvious the current atrocious droprate and hard hitting DR are working as intended. I feel cheated wasting time posting my concerns previously – in this thread and the one that preceded it.

Suck it up. Your reports on droprates are showing them it’s working as intended; when you reported getting more stuff, the droprate was nerfed instantly.

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

Hey guys, I kept silent for quite some time now waiting for this update and now I want to share with you my observations since the patch so here it goes:

First of all I am so happy with the changes in Orr. Yesterday i played for 20 hours with some 2 hours break from time to time. At first when I logged in went straight for Jormag. Just before the event My second kill gave me a rare scepter and the third kill gave me corrupted lodestone. So I said to myself “wtf is going up here”. Because of that after the event I went straight to LA to make a full magic find gear + food (I hadn’t used it before because it was clearly a broken stat), just to try test it and went playing in Orr.

After the first 3 hours of karma farming, doing dragons and stuff I got my bags pretty filled up with all kind of greens/blues and got like 10 rares so far. And let’s not mention the bags from the undead (crazy t5,t6 rainfall). After a short break I went to do fractals lvl 5 and I got my first EXOTIC! That’s right – an exotic drop from a chest! WOW. Ofc rare items of all kinds as well.

Also during the day I did all the dragon events and all of the chests gave me at least 1 rare item. (shatty was more generous and 2 times gave me x2 rare items).
I did some WvW and had some badges and some blueish items – nothing special there.

All in all I was so excited with the drop I received that I kept playing and playing all kinds of activities until I found that it was already 8 a.m. in the mornig.

Overall here is the statistic I kept during the first 15 hours of gametime:

Bags: 200+ !
Blues: 150+
Greens: about 100 or so
Rare: 56! (on that i kept count)
Exotic: 1 (a helm I can use to be exact)
Lodestones: 1 corrupted, 1 onyx from a orrian chest with karma; few cores of all kinds.

Now I haven’t kept true track of the blue/green items but I made this judgement because of the salvage kits ( I salvage all items I get). And I bought A LOT! (aprox spent 70-80 silver for green salvage kits from the vendors). Only the rare items were my goal for precise tracking.

I was with 150+ magic find on me during the entire day. If things stay that way I’m happy about the changes. To be continue..

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Yesterday i played for […]

I stopped reading here. Yesterday was a different game (the game you liked). Not working as intended, so it was patched today and nerfed into oblivion.

Etien.4601

I stopped reading here. Yesterday was a different game (the game you liked). Not working as intended, so it was patched today and nerfed into oblivion.

I continued to play even after that patch and nothing felt odd. It was the same drop I was receiving prior to it. Now I just logged in again and let’s how things goes.
Edit: my playtime yesterday was from 10am to 8am today.

(edited by Etien.4601)

Aproposs Of Fire.4056

I continued to play even after that patch and nothing felt odd. It was the same drop I was receiving prior to it. Now I just logged in again and let’s how things goes.
Edit: my playtime yesterday was from 10am to 8am today.

Etien: Wow – grats! But while you had a few breaks you were playing for 22 hours and now you are logged in again. Etien – get some sleep man! Eat something, take a shower and get some well needed sleep. Your health is more important than any game.

That said; 56 rares in your play time works out to approximately 2-1/2 rares per hour. Again, grats, but that is beginning to get in to the non-rare category.

Personally, (and this is just me) I would be happy with half that. (Of course, that’s not going to happen because my issue is completely different; for the most part my account is “unlucky”. So fixes to the issues in this thread are probably not going to help me a lot.)

Buttercup: I sure hope that you just ran into DR. If you began getting about half of what Etien reports then it sounds like they did adjust the %age. As I said, for me personally, half of what Etien reports would be acceptable. When items stop being rare, they also stop being valuable and worth getting.

All that aside – we are still evaluating. I suggested earlier and think it’s a good idea that we give it a few days and even the whole week to get a handle on what the loot system settles into.

I don’t know that they did anything to mitigate the diminishing returns mechanic so we need to see how that plays into all this.

Also Champs/Vets/Bosses are not fixed yet is what I’m seeing. Etien’s report about his use of MF is promising but again as I said earlier – I’d be happy to just get rid of the magic find mechanic altogether.

The Mystic Forge issue is also outstanding and it would be nice to get some metrics on what’s going on there.

Etien.4601

Just to clarify I did get sleep, and I did all you asked me to do lol >.< At the moment I’m doing various things ingame and so far I got 2 rare items and some rare mats, about 20 bags from risen and this and that.
I was so stuck with with the DR before the patch that I almost quit the game. Let’s see how things goes today. Will report later.

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

About 4 hours of play in Blazeridge Steppes and Fields of Ruin. Few greens, no rares other than the two for area completion of Blazeridge, no little chests. If they improved loot at all, I’m not seeing it.

Aproposs Of Fire.4056

About 4 hours of play in Blazeridge Steppes and Fields of Ruin. Few greens, no rares other than the two for area completion of Blazeridge, no little chests. If they improved loot at all, I’m not seeing it.

This is strange. Some are seeing improvement while others are not. It’s almost like they made some test changes to part of the code base but not to all of it.

Obviously, where the new PvE loot chests are not dropping is where the issue is.

Etien: You never mentioned how you got your better drops. Did you loot those off the mob corpses or out of the new loot chests?

EDIT: Hmmm – Has anyone who is still having issues guested to another server to see if the issue still follows you? Is it possible that those who are seeing improvement are seeing the better drops on a guested server?

(edited by Aproposs Of Fire.4056)

Etien.4601

The drops were random, just from corpses, those wooden chests dropped mostly green items and that corrupted lodestone. I see people talking about a nerf for the T6 mats from bags. I see a slight change to that at the moment. Did 2 temples = 3 rares, jormag dropped 1.

Posted by: Avitarus.1865

Avitarus.1865

In the Bugs forum there is an on-going discussion about missing chests from dragon events. Jason King said this:

Did any of you do another event prior to fighting dragon? It’s possible you’re hitting the DR if you completed another event beforehand.

Seems the DR is very strict indeed these days.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Dragon-chest-bugged

Fear, for when I appear, threads soon after disappear…

Aproposs Of Fire.4056

In the Bugs forum there is an on-going discussion about missing chests from dragon events. Jason King said this:

Did any of you do another event prior to fighting dragon? It’s possible you’re hitting the DR if you completed another event beforehand.

Seems the DR is very strict indeed these days.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Dragon-chest-bugged

So are they saying we can’t do 2 events in a row?

Edit: It looks like he is asking if they are doing the dragon events over and over. BUT I didn’t think DR affected these regardless.

Edit #2: As an aside, ANet has said on multiples of occasions that they don’t want us to be doing one thing over and over (even if we want to do that). So it makes sense what Jason King asked – they are DR’ing and nerfing anything we want to do repeatedly. This is one of the things that I have against ANet. The devs don’t like even the appearance of grind so they nerf it as soon as it manifests. I suppose they think they are doing this for our own good… I don’t like being forced to play a certain way. >^< I am so puppied off right now I am really controlling my desire to just go off!

Leamas.5803

EDIT: Hmmm – Has anyone who is still having issues guested to another server to see if the issue still follows you? Is it possible that those who are seeing improvement are seeing the better drops on a guested server?

I’m too lazy, and realistically, I shouldn’t have to. They should just fix the problem…plain and simple. That said, they’ve demonstrated, with the patch, then two quick successive patches, that they are quite capable of monitor drop rates. This can only mean drops are functioning as expected/designed and that GW2 is becoming nothing more than a gear grind. OR…they aren’t taking us seriously and can’t be bothered to look in to individual cases. Either way, it is truly unfortunate, but not unexpected. At this point, while I love GW2, I’m working exclusively on personal story, world completion and jumping puzzles, skipping over most events, only killing mobs that get in my way (Which is still quite a lot). I’m frustrated to the point and think I’m simply biding my time until ESO comes out.

Posted by: foenxz.8564

foenxz.8564

Played 4 hours yesterday in Orr, got a couple of rares, no exotics, 5-6 greens. Infact, I have yet to get a single friggin exotic drop, and I’ve been running Orr for more than a couple of weeks now (have no MF gear stats at all, is it even possible to get exotics without MF? no idea). I mean, come on Anet, show us some love.
No drops at all from any champions, none whatsoever, and I think we took down 4 of them yesterday.
Also, pet rant, taking down champions did not count towards the veteran dailies. I think that should be fixed, Anet. You’ll reward dailies for bringing down vets but not champs?? makes no sense.

Etien.4601

Ok this just now in from the Plinx event chain. My first exotic drop from a corpse EVER!

Attachments:

Leamas.5803

As an aside, ANet has said on multiples of occasions that they don’t want us to be doing one thing over and over (even if we want to do that). So it makes sense what Jason King asked – they are DR’ing and nerfing anything we want to do repeatedly. This is one of the things that I have against ANet. The devs don’t like even the appearance of grind so they nerf it as soon as it manifests. I suppose they think they are doing this for our own good… I don’t like being forced to play a certain way. >^< I am so puppied off right now I am really controlling my desire to just go off!

This is one the thing that really bugs me about this game. They say they don’t want us grinding, and have implemented code, under the weak guise of controlling bots, to punish us for grinding. However, many of the the craftable items in the game, legendaries being the worst, require so much materials, and ultra rare material, that if you don’t grind for it, you’ll never get it. 500 badges of honor? 500 dungeon tokens? 77 mystic clovers? Countless amounts of ecto? No…none of this is grind at all. In all the ~400 casual hours I’ve played this game, I rarely farm…if ever, I have 100% PvE map completion and have NEVER had a lodestone or a core drop of any kind…ever!! Really?

They say they don’t want us to grind, AND punish us for it, while at the same time building extreme grind in to the acquisition of most the desirable items/materials in the game. The hypocrisy of this is just astounding.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

They still haven’t freakin’ fixed this yet? This is seriously pathetic.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

@Vlad – Did your wife get the exotic from a chest/box or from corpse loot? I have yet to see an exotic and the boxes aren’t working for me yet

I can’t confirm if the exotic came from a box because the boar was laying there and she just hit the F key. I know that when I looted it the boar disappeared and I received a blue which i think was on the body. As for the rare I got from a spider it was off the body and not a box, that I’m sure of because the box is bigger than the small spider I killed and would have stood out.
I am not saying anything has changed because once again this was a very rare find for both of us and it might have been associated with the new build and reset. Not sure if any of this helps but I thought I would clear it up for you.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Aproposs Of Fire.4056

I’m too lazy, and realistically, I shouldn’t have to.

You’re right, but that’s not what I’m saying. I’m not suggesting this as a permanent work-around. I’m asking: “Would this make a difference? If yes, in what way? If no, then it’s eliminated as a possibility.”

I’m saying if doing this makes a difference it will give them another piece to use to get to the fix. We don’t know unless we try it.

It would be Great! if this does make a difference. It would narrow the problem down even more.

Posted by: Iceinux.4738

Iceinux.4738

Why don’t you guys drop the pity party and come back to the reality that you are playing an MMO. If exotics dropped on ever champion or vet kill, they would have to redo every event in the game, or else they would just all become worthless flushing the economy along with it. Then this whole thread would turn into complaining about not getting enough gold. Part of the carrot on the stick mechanic that makes MMO’s work is random drop rates, that is why you keep pushing to try and find that next thing, and farm that mob for gold to buy something for your character that you like. I don’t see where this community got this sense of entitlement, let alone the accusations without cause. Oh they said they adjusted something, scream nerf nerf nerf.

Same way with the way Grenth was last night, it was fine. I lived for 75% of the fight dpsing and resing people, why? Do I have some amazing build or uber items? No.. However I do understand how to position myself to dodge out of circles and mitigate damage. I also understand that I should res people that are downed and not dead. Come back to reality that you are playing a game, and they don’t / wont ever tell you all of the reasons behind why they change something, and when that something comes along, ADAPT like every other player of every MMO before you has done, and just move on.

One of the other things you do have to keep in mind, forums are the same way as reviews on the internet. For every 5-6 people that are having good drop rates and enjoying the game, how many of them do you see going… “I’m going to run straight to forums and say I found this, or I just looted this here this hour.” Compared to every person who sees someone else get a RANDOM drop, and goes into little kid mode “He got a present, I should get one too” and runs on here to complain that drops aren’t fair. So keep in mind all the people that aren’t crying about drop rates compared to the ones that are.

I’m sorry to all of the people that are posting in this thread that are trying to give HELPFUL feedback to make sure the systems are working as close to optimal as possible.

(edited by Iceinux.4738)

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

This is one the thing that really bugs me about this game. They say they don’t want us grinding, and have implemented code, under the weak guise of controlling bots, to punish us for grinding. However, many of the the craftable items in the game, legendaries being the worst, require so much materials, and ultra rare material, that if you don’t grind for it, you’ll never get it. 500 badges of honor? 500 dungeon tokens? 77 mystic clovers? Countless amounts of ecto? No…none of this is grind at all. In all the ~400 casual hours I’ve played this game, I rarely farm…if ever, I have 100% PvE map completion and have NEVER had a lodestone or a core drop of any kind…ever!! Really?

They say they don’t want us to grind, AND punish us for it, while at the same time building extreme grind in to the acquisition of most the desirable items/materials in the game. The hypocrisy of this is just astounding.

Yep this contradiction has been raised many times yet they clearly won’t do anything about it. Its not just legendaries even farming to craft normal level 80 exotics becomes a grind. As others have said the latest patch makes it clear that the system is working as intended and Anet are just unwilling to admit it.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

Aproposs Of Fire.4056

Iceinux:

• You would do well to read the thread before commenting on it;
  • I’m afraid you have misjudged (like I did when I first came to this thread) most of the people posting here;
  • The off-topic points you make have hurt your reputation;
  • You may attempt to salvage your credibility with follow-up posts, but I will not be arguing with you going forward.

Iceinux.4738

Considering I do go through the back threads, and even the locked threads that then linked to here. I understand where you guys come from on some aspects, very small ones but some of them. Like the part about them not being able to pull the drop rate data themselves. Well technically speaking they can, but if you also recall when all of this talk started, it was the same month that they banned 35,000 bots or so. Then there has been even more bannings of bots, so if you wanted them to pull the data, chances are it would have hurt drop rates overall from a statistical analysis point. Since it would have been factoring bot farming also.

Also I didn’t misjudge, I as most have you played mmo’s since back in the mud days. I’ve also learned that we as consumer do not get to see the whole picture of what is going on with each and every change they make. Mainly because if they released that information A) it would in turn be used to exploit what they are trying to protect “diminishing returns” It would go to in depth along the lines of the stock market style system that is setup with the trading post.

Coming back to that same point there is a lot of things that go on behind the scenes that, once again we don’t know about. So perfect example being the two adjustments in the last two days. Coming from a statistical stand point, they can see the raw numbers, we cannot. A two day trial, from a single source of results cannot give you an overall view of what is happening in the world. We also don’t know if they buffed ORR drops, 1%, 5%,15% on the first day. Saw the repercussions that it was having on the in game economy and balanced it by dropping it a % of that, where it is still a buff overall but now it is balanced more. People just see the little tidbit and start screaming.

So I really don’t have any sympathy because I’m going to dust off whatever changes they make and keep on enjoying the game. Why? Well it is a game, even if they broke my class into the ground which happened to me in countless other MMO’s, I still find ways to make it enjoyable. I will also add the “casual” comments about Legendary’s. “Legendary – 1) Of, described in, or based on legends. 2) Remarkable enough to be famous; very well known.” If everyone had them, they wouldn’t be special.

No MMO works on the premise of giving everyone the most amazing stuff upfront for no cost. If you look up some of the well written articles as to why MMO’s work, with the carrot on the stick idiom, you might even see further why most of the crying out is futile.

One final thing to throw your way, game companies don’t change what isn’t broken. So for all or any of the changes, whether it be the first buff or first nerf to drop rates. It was all done within reason of the data they have on their back end. Dev’s don’t sit around going oh wow they are really going to hate me for this, maybe they’ll stop playing my game after I do this to them.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Of course they were able to tell. They have always been able to tell. We’ve known that since the dye drops were identified and quickly fixed. They said in the OP that they don’t think anything is wrong.

So the drop tables and drops in general are where they want them. However, they are allowing for the possibility that a bug may cause certain individuals to experience low drop rates due to some as to yet unidentified bug.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

(edited by TooBz.3065)

Iceinux.4738

Just to throw this out there also, threads like this wouldn’t even be opened by them if they weren’t trying to make this game the most enjoyable experience they can for us. Now as of January 15th Guildwars 2 was at over 3 million sales, not factoring in regions, but there are only 985 posts in this thread currently. So if you really wanted to pull the numbers on how small of a fraction that is of a sample size. It would be really hard to make harsh decisions based off that. Not to mention how long their giant list of GAME BREAKING bugs that they are working on that the devs also don’t get to just pick and go, oh i’m going to fix this one today.

Posted by: Jordi.6081

Jordi.6081

Sorry but I’m going to quote Jon Peters again about DR and farming so that people see and remember the blatant lies told to us and the hypocrisy. The post i quote is this one: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Let-s-Start-the-Karma-DR-Dialogue/page/5#post338359

Guild Wars 2 is a game about freedom. We want you to be able to explore the world and engage in a huge variety of activities, focusing on whatever best suits your tastes.

SO false. I cannot farm at my leisure without constantly hitting the DR wall and it becoming a pointless activity.

Some players have run into “diminishing returns” thresholds we put into the game to provide a safety net against unanticipated economy-breaking issues. We do have these thresholds in place, but it’s not our intention that normal players should ever run into them.

Yeah, “some” players, right. We “should never run into them”, which is absolutely false.

While we need a safety net to stop unanticipated economy-breaking exploits and botting, we have no desire to stop farming. Farmers are a part every online economy and when they are doing normal game activity they do not cause any harm. If a player finds a normal game activity fun and would like to keep doing it, that’s fine with us.

Total hypocrisy. And yes, farmers do not do any harm according to a lead game designer.

Please bear with us while we gather more data and lower the safety net until it’s only providing critical economy protection. Looking at the numbers this morning, we believe some of the threshold systems are just too harsh empirically and we’ll be adjusting those systems within the next few weeks to ensure that fewer legitimate players are being impacted.

It was “going to get fixed” in a few weeks…. 3 months ago. We got a response from Colin earlier in this thread saying it would “take some time” to fix drops and that “they are looking into it”, so it seems 3 months wasn’t enough. How many more months? All they have to do is take a look at pre-Lost Shores drop rates. Cannot be that hard, they have all the data.

I hope this helps to explain why a game like this needs systems such as this to protect its economy. I also hope it gives some insight into our philosophy about botters (BAD) and exploiters (BAD) vs. farmers (GOOD).

Yep, farmers are good and ok. But cannot do that activity.

Today’s patch makes it blatantly obvious this thread is a red herring. There was never any intention of satisfying the player’s concerns regarding the rewards for open world PvE.

If Arenanet can figure out within a day that drops should be lowered to their previous atrocious level, rather than the level it was when the merged thread that preceded this thread was created, then it’s obvious the current atrocious droprate and hard hitting DR are working as intended. I feel cheated wasting time posting my concerns previously – in this thread and the one that preceded it.

Suck it up. Your reports on droprates are showing them it’s working as intended; when you reported getting more stuff, the droprate was nerfed instantly.

Yeah, I have seen that ridiculous patch note and have reached the same conclusion, they don’t care, no matter what Colin said here earlier, it’s more PR bull. Drops are most likely going to stay like this. As you said i’ll have to suck it up and go on.
If i wasn’t in the great guild i am, i would leave the game alone as i said, but i reached the conclusion that waiting for a fix is pointless. As the game has no sub fee, stopping to play entirely is going to do me more harm than good since i have fun with the guildies, so i’ll go on and continue whenever i feel like it.
Not expecting a fix anymore.

Leamas.5803

Iceinux:
If you’ve read all the related threads, then you’ve missed the point. All most want is an acknowledgement that something was changed and whether it’s considered a bug or intended behavior.

I, as well as many others noticed the change shortly after the Nov 15th patch, when drops from veterans and champions got worse, not better, as the patch notes indicated. It became blindingly obvious something changed on the lost shores weekend. Open world drops also got worse, not better, again as the patch notes indicated. You also have to consider this “problem” does not appear to affect everyone…why? Let me guess…it’s just bad luck? Well, I can say I’m sick of bad luck. Because of this issue, I do not fight open world champions unless I have to and now with PvE map completion, I never have to. I typically do not participate in dungeon runs and boss fights. I don’t enjoy constantly seeing people getting rares and exotics while I get greens at best. I’ve done the Claw of Jormag 3 times (good event regardless of drops) and Shatterer twice (Didn’t like the event, the dragon was too easy and drops sucks) in the last week or so…one rare…and it wasn’t a good one. Why participate in huge boss events when I can typically make vastly more money in the same amount of time killing regular mobs and collecting resources? When I do get rares, they are almost always berserker of the air…why?

Same way with the way Grenth was last night, it was fine. I lived for 75% of the fight dpsing and resing people, why? Do I have some amazing build or uber items? No.. However I do understand how to position myself to dodge out of circles and mitigate damage. I also understand that I should res people that are downed and not dead. Come back to reality that you are playing a game, and they don’t / wont ever tell you all of the reasons behind why they change something, and when that something comes along, ADAPT like every other player of every MMO before you has done, and just move on.

No, I don’t know how to circle strafe my necro to avoid AOE. Like every other person in the game, except you of course, I just stand there and take it. LOL Get over yourself and can the condescending tone.

Stop commenting on things you obviously have no idea about or you’ll be reported for trolling.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

Seems pretty clear at this point that ArenaNet want the game to be about mindless and painful grinding and nothing else.

Any other conclusion is hard to draw given how anti-player and anti-fun these changes have consistently been.

Good job destroying a brilliant game, ANet. Bravo.

Iceinux.4738

I understand what your reasoning is, and on the same note, you not doing events makes the sample size even smaller, so it isn’t really helping them find your bug. I ran Shadow behemoth 5 times in the last two days, not to mention the 8+ Zho’Qafa catacombs, so 3 champions and a legendary chest, as well as all the other events of Cursed shore. Didn’t get a single rare in the last two weeks+ only got blues and greens from the chests on Shadow / Zho’Qafa. Do I think it is a bug? No it is a random number generator. So your rare count is higher then mine, and I’ve done about 8 fractals on top of that. You aren’t always going to see amazing drops, and yes I know you are going to say it is like that all the time, since cursed shore weekend, but when you start shutting your sample size down even further it is just drops the odds even futher. Since the odds are already quite low. If I came across as condescending chances are because part of it was, you say your drop rates are bugged and have been bugged, and then come back with things like you shouldn’t have to try something to try and help fix it. They should just fix it. It took them 4 months to fix wall jumping and that covered ALL PVE and PVP, so if I honestly thought I was bugged I’d try to come up with as much data as possible for them, and odds of drop rates and bugged or not, you could just be getting bad rolls. Since it is all numbers check on the backend.

I’ve been in groups with friends that had dusk and other precursers drop in a fractal, do I get mad? No, really I’d rather they got it then someone I was just pugging with. I can’t even say if it’ll come full circle and my drop rates will pickup but I’m going to keep killing events and trying to get things.

Oh and on Grenth I wasn’t even strafing, just positioning on outer sides of the circles to dodge out and res downed people. Could do the same on my guardian and stay in the fight.

(edited by Iceinux.4738)

Aproposs Of Fire.4056

Since you are trying to be reasonable:

1. The majority, I think, of the people on this thread will agree with your post;
  2. The problem is those are not the issues at question;
    * Nov. 15, 2012 ANet: (paraphrased) “Champs and Vets will now always drop good loot”,
    * Nov. 16 to present: you can still go out and kill champs and get zero & grey drops at times,
    * Nov. 16 to present: The vast majority of the player base is getting normal acceptable MMO drops,
    * Nov. 16 to present: We know the above is true (you don’t have to tell us). Most of the posters on this thread point to the above drops as what is acceptable and what they are asking for,
    * About a month ago: ANet accepted that something is wrong so they created this thread for input,
    * Over the past month Colin Johanson has been making vague (<.<) comments in posts elsewhere and interviews that the reward system is being worked on;
    * About 3 weeks ago: ANet stickied this thread to bring wider attention to it,
    * 12 days ago: Colin Johanson posted in this thread that they are sifting through insane amounts of data to find the problem… ANet keeps this thread open,
    * January 28 to present: Some of the posters on this thread are seeing a positive change in rewards after the update yet some still are not,
  3. The fact that there are a few players, out of the hundreds of thousands that play GW2, who consistently almost without fail always get poor loot indicates a pseudo-wi-flag situation;
  4. People refuse to go out and buy a new account to escape these issues because there is no guarantee that the next account won’t also be affected by this issue;
  5. So they want to know if they should give up on their favorite game, GW2, or if they can expect a resolution;
  6. Many of us are taking ANet at their word in this thread and doing everything we can to help get to the bottom of the problem;
  7. Based on some of the people’s successful recovery, it appears that ANet might be on to something.

No offense, but you may not put anyone in this thread down for trying to get these issues resolved simply because you are one of the 100’s of thousands of players who are not affected.

Iceinux.4738

I won’t retract any of my previous statements, and for all I know I’m in the same group as you, drop rates was the reason I read through all the threads. A lot of comes down to personal play style though, if I never get a legendary so be it, if I have fun playing with the guild and friends I have, and keep getting to explore new content they put out, well I’m okay with that.

If they ask me for data to try and help fix the issues, I’ll give them everything they ask for and then think outside the box and throw a bunch of what if’s back at them to help try and troubleshoot it. I know it only effects a smaller majority of the player base so it is going to take longer and longer to fix, but the only added bonus with this game is tokens, karma or badges. With the new additions I know that I’ll be able to find some way to gear my characters the way I want. I know it isn’t fair, but I enjoy playing the game so it is give up friends / guild and quit something I enjoy or just keep pushing through and enjoying the adventures with them.

I know that everyone has different goals while playing this, and you might have had that dream when you first saw a Legendary that you wanted it, and I wish you the best in getting it. I’m just going to take what comes along and see where I end up.

To touch on your “* January 28 to present: Some of the posters on this thread are seeing a positive change in rewards after the update yet some still are not,” The only way to really show them that, is to give them a large enough sample size to see if it is truly fixed also.

Also forgot I did 2 or 3, don’t recall with the resets Fire Elemetals, and one Steam Orge, and only greens / blues in the past two days.

(edited by Iceinux.4738)

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Went to Orr yesterday for an hour.

- 10+ whites
- 6 blues
- 0 greens
- 1 rare (an orb from mining, sigh)
- -1 exotic (it’s not a typo)
- 36 bones
- 10-12 crafting/salvagable materials
- about 1/4-1/3 nothing

Oh and not even one of those chests dropping from mobs. I have no idea how this looks on the mob – share a pic?

So from the looks of it, this patch has not improved my loot….uuuuu Star Craft 2 has dropped in price

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Iceinux.4738

Were you looting quickly? When the mob falls down it takes a moment for it to turn into the chest? At least on mine it does, that is buggy as well as I had a chest with nothing but a moldy bag in it.

Leamas.5803

Were you looting quickly? When the mob falls down it takes a moment for it to turn into the chest? At least on mine it does, that is buggy as well as I had a chest with nothing but a moldy bag in it.

I think had a chest drop but it only had a blue in it. Don’t know if it was from a regular mob or veteran. There were both going around and it’s hard to tell what drops what when you’re AOEing several mobs at a time.

Leamas.5803

I understand what your reasoning is, and on the same note, you not doing events makes the sample size even smaller, so it isn’t really helping them find your bug. … but when you start shutting your sample size down even further it is just drops the odds even futher. Since the odds are already quite low.

Experience tells… I’m a reward driven player. If I get no rewards, my enjoyment level goes down. This wasn’t an issue before Nov 15th. That leaves me with exploration and jumping puzzles that I enjoy. I don’t expect huge returns, especially from regular mobs, but I expect better than I’m getting. I’m not farming, and I’m typically not staying in a single area for more than a few minutes…I shouldn’t be getting hit by DR. Isn’t this how ANet said we should be playing? So, I play the way I still enjoy and read this thread to see if drops improve or if ANet comments.

If I came across as condescending chances are because part of it was, you say your drop rates are bugged and have been bugged, and then come back with things like you shouldn’t have to try something to try and help fix it. They should just fix it.

If they come out and admit something might be wrong (Perceived is such a BAD word) and give some direction on what data they would actually like collected, I would be more than happy to help and try just about anything they’d ask of me. Until that point, guessing about what they want and posting data they can much more easily be pulled from logs is a waste of valuable time and reeks of stalling. I’m a data man, my entire career is database management and development. I don’t do well with vague.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

Posted by: Under Web.2497

Under Web.2497

5 CHAMPIONS SOLO’d – 1hour
1 blue sword
2 grey trash
2 NO drop
YOU CAN IMAGINE WHAT THE BIGCAT I WANT TO SAY (so i better post before an infraction occurs!)
EDIT: My post in game bugs got deleted and i got a warning for it. . . . BUT all i want is a DISCUSSION about the loot drops for champions when you solo/duo them BECAUSE SURELY:
MORE EFFORT (SHOULD) = MORE REWARD ??

(edited by Under Web.2497)

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Went to Orr yesterday for an hour.

- 10+ whites
- 6 blues
- 0 greens
- 1 rare (an orb from mining, sigh)
- -1 exotic (it’s not a typo)
- 36 bones
- 10-12 crafting/salvagable materials
- about 1/4-1/3 nothing

Oh and not even one of those chests dropping from mobs. I have no idea how this looks on the mob – share a pic?

So from the looks of it, this patch has not improved my loot….uuuuu Star Craft 2 has dropped in price

How do you get -1 exotic (that’s minus 1), if as you said, it’s not a typo?

Chest drop pic incoming…

Attachments:

Leamas.5803

That’s not the chest I saw, so mine was more likely already there and I didn’t notice it until after the fight was over.