Shared Inventory Slot Feedback [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think I’m slowly coming to the realisation that this item is not for me, and that’s probably why it seems over-priced.

I don’t have either of the Salvage-o-Matics because even without buying any I have 111 Mystic Forge Stones, so I always use Mystic Salvage Kits instead and I’m not so short of inventory space that keeping one on each character is a problem.

I can definitely see the value in putting a permanent bank access express in there and one day in the future I might do that, but for now I have 34 instant ones in my main characters inventory and several alts with unused Banker Golems (from the Deluxe Edition) because I always opt to go to the Heart of the Mists instead. (Of course a permanent one would get around my constant worry of using the temp ones at the ‘wrong’ time and regretting it later.)

The main appeal is having access to my Infinite Quaggan Tonic and kite all the time, and being able to transfer items between characters without having to go to the bank, and even for me that’s pretty low priority and doesn’t really justify the price when I consider what else I could do with the gold/cash.

Which sadly means this item is slowly shifting from “I want it!” to “Maybe I’ll save up gold” to “Maybe one-day if I have literally nothing else to do with the gold.”

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Char.4209

Char.4209

Hello,
I have an easy solution for the refund problem:

Step 1:
Place a vendor of the BLTC in LA that gives you a number of a special Item for unwanted BLTC Items.
Let’s call this Item: Evon’s appreciation Token
#tokens = round down (Gem Cost / 100)
Every Item under 100 Gems Cost would be a 0
For a Copper Fed Salvage-o-matic You would get 8 Tokens
For a Watchwork Mining pick you would get 10 tokens

Step 2:
Set up Mystic Forge recipe’s that give us useful things for the tokens:
Item 1: Specific Item that will decide the Outcome
Item2: # of Evon’s appreciation Token
Item3: 10 Mystic Forge Stone
Item4: 10 Mystic Crystal

Examples:
Watchwork Mining Pick:
250 Watchwork Sprockets
10 Evon’s appreciation Token
10 Mystic Forge Stone
10 Mystic Crystal

Black Lion Salvage Kit:
1 Mystic Salvage Kit
1 Evon’s appreciation Token
10 Mystic Forge Stone
10 Mystic Crystal

Permanent Bank Access (Acc. Bound):
25 Bank Access Expresses
20 Evon’s appreciation Token
10 Mystic Forge Stone
10 Mystic Crystal

Pro:
- No one would be angy anymore
- No more tickets to work on (now and on further upgrades like “shared mining tools”)
- ppl would buy things to get tokens if you could get things that are not in the shop (e.g. Bank Access)
- small Material / Forgestone / Crystal Sink

Con:
- Takes a bit work to implement

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Hello,
I have an easy solution for the refund problem:

Step 1:
Place a vendor of the BLTC in LA that gives you a number of a special Item for unwanted BLTC Items.
Let’s call this Item: Evon’s appreciation Token
#tokens = round down (Gem Cost / 100)
Every Item under 100 Gems Cost would be a 0
For a Copper Fed Salvage-o-matic You would get 8 Tokens
For a Watchwork Mining pick you would get 10 tokens

Step 2:
Set up Mystic Forge recipe’s that give us useful things for the tokens:
Item 1: Specific Item that will decide the Outcome
Item2: # of Evon’s appreciation Token
Item3: 10 Mystic Forge Stone
Item4: 10 Mystic Crystal

Examples:
Watchwork Mining Pick:
250 Watchwork Sprockets
10 Evon’s appreciation Token
10 Mystic Forge Stone
10 Mystic Crystal

Black Lion Salvage Kit:
1 Mystic Salvage Kit
1 Evon’s appreciation Token
10 Mystic Forge Stone
10 Mystic Crystal

Permanent Bank Access (Acc. Bound):
25 Bank Access Expresses
20 Evon’s appreciation Token
10 Mystic Forge Stone
10 Mystic Crystal

Pro:
- No one would be angy anymore
- No more tickets to work on (now and on further upgrades like “shared mining tools”)
- ppl would buy things to get tokens if you could get things that are not in the shop (e.g. Bank Access)
- small Material / Forgestone / Crystal Sink

Con:
- Takes a bit work to implement

Not sure where I might have heard that idea before….lol

Put four of any combination of the following into the forge to get the permanent bank express item:

copper fed salvage o matic
silver fed salvage o matic
royal terrace pass
air ship pass

There may be others, but instead of throwing them out or banking them forever, this would make me one very happy customer.

Anyways thanks for putting in more effort on the idea than I did

Posted by: Char.4209

Char.4209

Anyways thanks for putting in more effort on the idea than I did

Big thread is big

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

To be honest I’m pretty sick of a paid for game being micro managed and gouging of players like a free to play game is. You shouldn’t have to use a gem shop item to change a look once its in your wardrobe or unlocked and for 700 gems you should be able to share all your harvesting tools among your other avatars. What they are doing is a shameless milking of the player base….NCsoft needs to jump back and let Anet handle their players and game.

(edited by Kamara.4187)

Posted by: MiniEquine.6014

MiniEquine.6014

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere (it may have because this thread is massive), but, despite the price of these things, the people that have multiple copies of certain items like salvage-o-matics (for example) can put other things in the slots instead of the salvage tool. These slots are great for items you only own one of, but if you already have 10 then don’t use the slots for them and instead put food or something in there (if you bought them).

WoodenPotatoes mentioned something interesting in his video; wouldn’t it have been cool if these slots were not gemstore-based but crafting-based? Like, you could only craft one per master crafting skill per account (so a “cooking” slot, a “jewelcrafting” slot). The slots wouldn’t be any different from each other but would incentivize maxing crafting professions. They could also cost a lot of resources that could influence people to convert $$ to gems to gold if they desired, so making money indirectly, but people wouldn’t have to. This is very similar to how the new legendary weapon system is.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

To be honest I’m pretty sick of a paid for game being micro managed and gouging of players like a free to play game is. You shouldn’t have to use a gem shop item to change a look once its in your wardrobe and for 700 gems you should be able to share all your harvesting tools among your other avatars. What they are doing is a shameless milking of the player base….NCsoft needs to jump back.

IMO it is a combination of going F2P and a gold <> gems conversion included in the base game. Adding in both makes anyone that does not mind grinding (no lifers) just convert gold to gems and not ever spend a dime. This also has a side effect of making the game more and more grindy (10000 drinks) so that even the most die hard grinders still have to drain the bank to get said items if they want them. I would honestly like to see the 2016 devs have a sit down with the 2012 devs at this point as the greed seems to have gotten out of hand.

The entire picture looks to me to just be a way to keep everyone poor and ANet should never have gone this route, again IMO.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

This type of item increases in value to the user with the number of character slots they have, and how often they play various characters. I have 11 slots so it’s pretty obvious that I’d be a prime customer. Even more compelling is that I don’t have a lot of duplicate luxury items. Three copper fed salvagers is it. So even at 700 gems a pop this represents a significant QOL improvement over what was available for the money a couple of days ago. Of course it would be even better if it was less expensive, but for me this is a sweet deal.

It was a no-brainer to me. I got 30 characters, most are parked at JP’s, the rest at certain gardens around the world. I’ve got one Copper-Fed-Salvager. I won’t be buying any salvaging kits anymore… (now, having a bank pass would have been icing on the cake, I’d have bought two slots then :p)

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

I have to agree, its just too expensive. An actual shared bag slot for 700 gems, sure, its pretty much twice the ammount of a regular one, so would fit in with the account wide thing. But this?

A single item shared for 700 gems? I’d rather pay the 600 for the dozens of bank slots i get to share, and use the guild hall or heart of the mists.

Honestly, this is like precursor crafting again, another mechanic that costs more and gives less than the alternative.

Posted by: Daniel.4763

Daniel.4763

So Anets long game is for folks to buy more BL keys in hope of getting a permanent bank. Sneaky!

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

Forum double post…

(edited by ReaverKane.7598)

Posted by: FeNiXx.4609

FeNiXx.4609

However, when I browse through the options for creating a support ticket, I only see the option to get game/gem purchases refunded. However, what players like the OP or me are looking for is getting gems refunded.

There was a similar issue with the introduction of the wardrobe and back then some GM posted instructions on what exactly has to be selected when creating the support ticket. Unfortunately, I cannot find that old post anymore.

Any pointers on what options to best pick in order to get this right? Thank you

Really you can select anything on the ticket form and your ticket will get to the right person eventually. In this case, I would suggest “In-game Issue” and then “Trading Post/Gem Store problem.”

As for refunds: if you’ve had these account-bound items for ages, we won’t be doing refunds because you’ve already derived substantial benefit. If, however, you bought them more recently, we’re doing refunds on a case-by-case basis.

In the case of a friend they refused to refund items purchased on december. Only refunded a part of the items ¿why? all the items are the same and purchased only a month ago

Posted by: FeNiXx.4609

FeNiXx.4609

They don’t refund despite of you have purchased only a month ago. a friend of mine purchased 6, only 2 refunded. He tried with 5 mails and always the same reply, I’m sorry but no.

Really you can select anything on the ticket form and your ticket will get to the right person eventually. In this case, I would suggest “In-game Issue” and then “Trading Post/Gem Store problem.”

As for refunds: if you’ve had these account-bound items for ages, we won’t be doing refunds because you’ve already derived substantial benefit. If, however, you bought them more recently, we’re doing refunds on a case-by-case basis.

For the sake of Permanent Tools in question, I’ll acknowledge this. However, I have 4 Terrace Scrolls. My husband has 6 of them on his main account. Are you telling me that refunds on those will not be made available cause we bought them…1 to 2 years ago? If so, I can’t say I agree much to this. We have both bought the 5 Shared Inventory Slots, you just made all but one of those scrolls useless to us. Can we at least get the refunds on those regardless of the time in which it was purchased?

Posted by: laceylush.8916

laceylush.8916

In the case of a friend they refused to refund items purchased on december. Only refunded a part of the items ¿why? all the items are the same and purchased only a month ago

They told me the same thing. Even though all my excess Royal Terrace Passes were purchased in December, they were only to provide me with a partial refund. I responded with "how can half of the quantity be considered “old” and non-refundable when they were all bought at the same time?" The GM then explained that they are not able to provide me a full refund as they’re required to minimize the impact all these refunds would have on GW2 market. I guess their hands are tied and partial refunds are probably the most they are permitted to offer the players.

Just got my partial gem refund today, still a considerable amount nonetheless. GM Xbehelit responded promptly each time and was very nice about it. Thank you GM Xbehelit!

[Azure] ~ Darkhaven

Posted by: Cassy.3702

Cassy.3702

Guess im screwed…

Attachments:

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Thanks for your advise. They don’t care that you are a good client he has spent about 1000 euros in GW1 and GW2 since 2005 . its sounds crazy but some people love this game so much and I’m sure that there are people that has spent even more money.

5 mails in each mail a diferent GM person and everybody telling him no. he only received 2800gems its just the cost of the 5 shared inventory slots right?

So I guess he can try again.

Despite of i haven’t enoughs gold to purchase gems the new item is very interesting

Its not that they dont care, Anet doesnt have a policy that all of its employees follow. so you can get mixed results depending on when and what day you open the ticket on.

But yes, 2800 gems is the cost of the 5 slots.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: Reinhard.5384

Reinhard.5384

Hi,

The problem of shared Inventory Slot Feedback is not its price.
By selling Shared Inventory Slot Feedback now, Arenanet stole the time, effort and money who invested on various items in such as copper/silver fed salvage matic ….. on each chr on their accounts. Do the math by spending 700gem for a slot + 800gem+500gem for a copper/silver fed s. matic you save 1300gem x per chr on an account. However ppl who bought 1 pieces of copper/silver fed s. matic for 7 chr on their account lost 6x 800 + 6x 500=7800gems, The date of purchase doesn’t matter why bcs we will never able to cover 7800gems. I opened 3 tickets for multiple methods for a refund. But they keep telling me I purchased them for a long time ago and I already covered their cost. No I haven’t “Given the gold-gem exchange rate and saving 0.48 Copper coin on each salvage, you would have to salvage approximately 2 million items before it becomes cheaper than using Basic Salvage Kits.” As you see 2 million items per copper fed s. matic. I told them they should create a special salvage matic for items that we bought from TP by gems. And it will refund the half price of the item. For copper fed s. matic the current gem price is 800gem so when you salvage it you get 400gem. I guess my offer is pretty fair for both sides. Therefore this will bring balance between who ppl have invested on this game and haven’t.
I hope they consider this option in the future

Posted by: Zephyr.5382

Zephyr.5382

My refund request was denied and I was quoted a 48-hour deadline. I purchased my fourth copper-fed salvage-o-matic just a couple months ago.

Posted by: Famine.3164

Famine.3164

Ok price if you have 1 salvage- o- matic, no need to buy more..

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I would suggest that anyone asking for a refund include a quote of the “ages” comment with a link directly to the post to explain why they believe they qualify.

I myself have indeed had my second one for ages so I am not submitting a ticket at all.

Posted by: Spindelhalla.2139

Spindelhalla.2139

If I only had 1 Salvage-o-matic and 1 set of permanent gathering tools I’d probably love to have a few shared bag slots but over the years I’ve bought salvage-o-matic for most of my characters and multiple permanent gathering tools which I wouldn’t have bought if I knew these shared bag slots where coming..

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

This issue needs to be resolved.

How about this…

20 individual shared slots total, not five…

Players can trade in duplicates of “stuff” bought on the gemstone for slots on a 1 on 1 basis…

Offer shared account BAG slots too…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Mystle.4538

Mystle.4538

So hi fellow Tyrians, as indicated in the title, I sent a support ticket to help me with a particular problem regarding Excess of Salvage-o-matics (don’t judge, seemed like a good idea at the time) and he said to post the concern on official forum to see if it gets any attention. SO here goes:

ME: Hello arenanet support team. Recently, the gem store added the shared investory slot upgrade. I have really enjoyed this feature very much and fully appreciate what you are doing, however it has left me with a rather interesting problem. See prior to this option I had purchased multiple copper fed salvage o match for my several characters and now it has become an excess. I was wondering if I could possibly get an exchange of some sort as I have read refunds for used gems is not possible.

GM Mikberly (Guild Wars 2 Support)
Jan 14, 15:19

Hey there, ____!

We understand that the new Shared Inventory Slot bags makes having extra tools like the Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic a little redundant and that you’d like to exchange them for something that could be of more use to you at this time. But, these items were purchased quite some time ago and I’m sure have been used countless times since then. I know your use for them now has dwindled, but that is not to say they have never been used or useful. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to offer an exchange for these particular items. You may be able to imagine that it is not practical for us to grant refunds or exchanges for every single extra salvaging and harvesting tools that were ever purchased, especially from so long ago. I hope you understand. Please let us know if we can help you with anything else.

ME:Hello GM Mikberly!

While I full understand your reason for such a policy, I’m still left with a dilemma of which I don’t know how to solve. I don’t wish to destroy my used salvage as that would just be a waste of 10$ of each. Now since any form of refund or exchange or buyback is unlikely, maybe if you could change it to a non account bound item. Then I could sell it to other players or even just gift them away. I know some players would be glad to have one. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks for responding so quickly

GM Mikberly (Guild Wars 2 Support)
Jan 14, 15:59

Hello again, ____!

That is a very clever idea, however we here at support do not have the power to make such changes to items. Since I’m sure there are other players out there who have the same issue as you, I would suggest posting this idea in our official forums. Our developers check the forums often for player feedback, they may be interested in knowing what the community thinks about this idea. I wish I could do more for you here but it is out of our hands I’m afraid.

Regards,

GM Mikberly
Guild Wars 2 Support Team

So pretty much this. Sorry if this was the wrong section to post, or if my format was not good. I don’t really frequent these forums much.

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

If you’re going to charge for a basic QoL improvement at least put one or two in for free first like bag and bank slots.

Price on these shouldn’t be over 200 gems imo. I’ve never seen as much backlash against a gw2 cash shop item in guild/map chat .

Magumer Ranger

Posted by: Chamelion.9536

Chamelion.9536

A solid idea; eliminate the account bound limitation, allow them to be sold on the BLTP, gifted to friends or traded.

-C

Posted by: NFiltreight.6271

NFiltreight.6271

One slot for 700 gems RIPOFF!

Posted by: technonewt.2907

technonewt.2907

I bought 1 thinking I didn’t need it more then that, and wasn’t quite sure by the description, then found it it was only 1 space, decided I’d break down eventually and get the rest, so essentially I paid $10 more then the discount 5 price -.- And now to add insult to injury, those extra copper o matics and silver o matic I bought long ago were a waste of gems/money. Not to mention the infinite tools (i bought several sets for my alts) Not very happy.

Posted by: Athena.3579

Athena.3579

I can’t believe it’s one slot per 700 gems. I thought it’d be, like, a slot for an account shared slot that a bag could go into. I have so many instruments, toys and utility items that I’d love to be available without having to switch everything out, but these overpriced individual slots do not solve that issue. At least I won’t be spending anything on them.

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

And now to add insult to injury, those extra copper o matics and silver o matic I bought long ago were a waste of gems/money. Not to mention the infinite tools (i bought several sets for my alts) Not very happy.

Not calling you out in particular, but I want to address this sentiment which I’m seeing all over this thread.

Those extra tools you’ve got are not suddenly a waste of money. They have less value to you now, but the value you already got out of them PRIOR to the account slots still existed. Let’s say you’ve had three copper-o-matics for two years. That means you got two years of convenience out of those items. So it wasn’t a waste at all; it just wasn’t as useful to you for as long as you hoped it would be. But you still got use and value out of it.

The gathering tools esp.; you really would rather be switching a single set around all day? And if you forget to take it off one alt you gotta go back and get it? This way you can just leave your extra sets where they are, on your alts, and put other stuff in the account slots. Heck, I intend to KEEP buying extra sets of tools; they’re just as useful to me now as they were before the account slots.

Obviously this argument becomes less potent the more recently you purchased the tools.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Let’s say you’ve had three copper-o-matics for two years. That means you got two years of convenience out of those items. So it wasn’t a waste at all; it just wasn’t as useful to you for as long as you hoped it would be. But you still got use and value out of it.

I don’t know bro. If Anet would told people in the beginning, most of people probably won’t bought it.

So I’m not sure if people get their “worth”.

I bought 9 permanent bank license, and multiple vendor/tp too. If Anet told me in the beginning I wouldn’t.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Occasionally I forget how complainey these forums are, but never for very long.

ikr.. All the people complaining about the communities legitimate price concerns are getting annoying. It’s like some people actually think this price is somehow reasonable. Maybe they’re just trolling..

Let’s see, if you buy a copper-fed salvage-o-matic for each of your characters, and you only have the default five character slots, that’s 8000 gems.

For 1500 gems (one salvage-o-matic and one account wide slot) you get the same benefit as above.

Or you can just get one salvage-o-matic and swap it around your characters through the bank and save even more if you’re a cheapskate like me.

Yeah, & nether of those things is worth either of those costs! The value of that level of convenience isn’t worth $20, much less $100. It’s a minor QoL tweak that should be like $1-5. Especially when you can buy a whole game for like $30. But whales make it economically viable. Rich people & people who are bad with money can sustain this ludicrous price rate while most people will just move on. You can enjoy your Stockholm syndrome, but don’t try to tell people they should have it too.

Posted by: Kane.6549

Kane.6549

Best use for single slot: Personal banker. 2nd best: Mystic Salvage Conduit.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Occasionally I forget how complainey these forums are, but never for very long.

ikr.. All the people complaining about the communities legitimate price concerns are getting annoying. It’s like some people actually think this price is somehow reasonable. Maybe they’re just trolling..

Let’s see, if you buy a copper-fed salvage-o-matic for each of your characters, and you only have the default five character slots, that’s 8000 gems.

For 1500 gems (one salvage-o-matic and one account wide slot) you get the same benefit as above.

Or you can just get one salvage-o-matic and swap it around your characters through the bank and save even more if you’re a cheapskate like me.

Yeah, & nether of those things is worth either of those costs! The value of that level of convenience isn’t worth $20, much less $100. It’s a minor QoL tweak that should be like $1-5. Especially when you can buy a whole game for like $30. But whales make it economically viable. Rich people & people who are bad with money can sustain this ludicrous price rate while most people will just move on. You can enjoy your Stockholm syndrome, but don’t try to tell people they should have it too.

Just pointing out what utility the slots have and how much they save you (or don’t save you) given previous alternatives. Simple fact is if you wanted a set of salvage-o-matics, airship/terrace passes, and infinite harvesting tools on every character, the account wide slots will allow you to do that for a fraction of the price.

Another simple fact is if you don’t want to pay $35 for 2800 gems, then buy 2000 gems with gold (that’s around 400 gold right now, I believe) and pay the difference with cash. Five slots for less than $10.

Don’t want to pay that much gold? Wait a few months for the rate to drop back to around 60g for 400 gems (probably the lowest it’ll ever be from now on).

Sorry if common sense sounds like Stockholm Syndrome to you though, not everyone is completely free of the horrible constraints of logic.

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Personally love the account slots, it was the one thing preventing me from buying a copper-fed. Price is fine imo, you pay a premium for convenience, and they’re still cheaper than buying multiple copper-feds or similar. I mean, all of these unlimited use items are pricy for what they are, but again, the convenience.
A friend calculated how much you would have to farm to make a gold purchase of gathering tools to be worth it, n it ended up being years worth of farming to break even.

On that, I don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet, and there are too many pages of people complaining for me to look. But maybe, since people can’t get refunds, make these items tradeable, that way those who have multiple items can do something with those items, and others who might not want to spend gems, can obtain items via gold (wouldn’t be much different from buying gems and buying the item, but hey, maybe you can get one for cheaper) Or people can give their extras to friends, or their spare accounts.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Maybe ANet can make the permanent items tradeable on the trading post. One of these account bound items can be given to an NPC to receive the same item that it’s in a box, that becomes account bound on use. The box can be sold on the trading post (or gifted to another account).

ANet does lose the money from sales to people who get these duplicates instead of buying them but it would gain in good will from those who now have excess items who can now sell them or give them away and those who would be wary of ANet’s invalidating their future purchases with new gemstore items.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Mosferre.1246

Mosferre.1246

Agree with the concept, however, if you look at it from Anets perspective, they do not want people flooding the TP with items where they will lose out heavily (i.e. people will not spend their gems on it, but instead, get it with pre earned gold).

Maybe forcing the items to be able to be “Gifted” it should reduce the issue of large “dumping” of said items into the market and thus keeping the revenue stream for Anet flowing for these items, but it will allow the owners of multiples to “pass on” the items.

Invariably, the gifting function is based around sending an item to a person you KNOW. There is technically no gold exchange. Sure, some will still do it, and some will get scammed, it’s life. But if you are prepared to take the risk, then it’s both users fault imo.

Now, people will obviously still be prepared to risk doing the trade for gold with people they don;t know, but at least it would reduce the mass influx that opening them up on the TP will do.

Win win imo

I came, I saw, I continued watching as I’m a newbie…

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

They should make them forgable and give you something for forging them. Even a title for those who have four would be better than nothing.

Posted by: nolasthitnotomorrow.8563

nolasthitnotomorrow.8563

The idea of making them not account-bound but free to trade them is the best thing I’ve read on this forums in a while.
I really hope this gets some attention.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I actually had a similar idea, and made a suggestion thread to cover it. Feel free to take a look if you want.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: Dragon Ruler X.8512

Dragon Ruler X.8512

I personally do not agree with this price and I honestly don’t find these slots worth it.

However, that said, I purchased them only because I assumed the forums would be full of people ripping Anet and their CS group a new one – hopefully leading to some sort of changes.

I’d like to add a hopefully simple QoL adjustment idea to the list of the many that (to me) makes sense. I have all 8 bag slots on every character and every character has 20 slot bags in those slots. I don’t use the “Show Bags” option because I can leave my inventory in a 8 × 20 grid thereby making each row 1 bag.

That said, with the addition of these new Shared Inventory Slots I noticed right away that they just pushed the bags in the upper left corner of my inventory – effectively throwing off my grid system. I’d like to request that those Shared Inventory Slots reside on their own line at the top. This will just make organizing easier.

Thank you

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

People must have money to throw away if they are spending 700 gems for a 1 item slot. Even in a virtual world that can not be considered value for money.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

People must have money to throw away if they are spending 700 gems for a 1 item slot. Even in a virtual world that can not be considered value for money.

Actually, it’s not a 1-item slot. For me, it’s a 30 item slot. Instead of having a salvage kit on each of my characters (thus, taking a total of 30 slots), I now need only 1 slot (the account one). At the least, it’s a 5-item slot (as everybody but F2P have at least 5 characters).

Posted by: defrule.7236

defrule.7236

They should come up with a formula to depreciate the player’s initial gem cost to calculate refunds. So if you spend 700 on a tool and had it for a 15 months you would get 450 back. Whereas someone who just bought it last week will get 699 or something, depending on the formula.

The problem I have is without a clear and somewhat fair policy on handling these conflicts, my confidence in the gem store is decreased. What if I buy these account slots today and 1-2 years down the line, Anet implement something else that screws me over?

The only feelings I get from the gem store right now is uncertainty and instability.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Actually it’s 560 gems if you buy 5 for 2-64 characters depending on how many alts you have. I have 10 alts which means I got 50 slots.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Erika Swan.6835

Erika Swan.6835

I bought this thinking it was a bag and not just one slot. I am such a fool for spending an ungoldy amount for one measly slot. This is by far the biggest scam I have fallen for in this game.

Posted by: daniellepierce.9718

daniellepierce.9718

Eh im ok with the price, i bought 2, 1 for my copperfed salvage o matic and 1 for my silverfed. I feel everyone in this thread is being excessively whiny over a simple quality of life item only recently added to the game for a gem price, you made it 3 years through this game without these, if you dont want to buy it because you have a problem with the price then dont. Yes they want to make money off them, thats the point of the gem store, things show up in it for the purpose of anet making money. Sure i like many of us have my personal gripes with the way anet does things, i however think that many of you are wasting time complaining about something that isnt really a problem, there are far better places and things for you to complain about like balance and bugs.

90% of the fun is twitch chat, 10% is the casters trying desperately to make the match interesting.

(edited by daniellepierce.9718)

MiniEquine.6014

For months I had been saving gold and resources (to sell) to exchange gold > gems so that I could eventually get a set of harvesting tools for my main. There was no sale for these over the Wintersday period so I went ahead and did this today. I exchanged gold > gems and got a Watchwork Mining Pickaxe, a Molten Harvesting Tool, a Mad Scientist Logging Tool, and the 5 account-bound slots all without spending any money. I’m down to 70G now (nearly enough to finally get a copper-fed salvage tool), but look at it as a long-term investment or goal. Real money doesn’t have to be spent, but it will take a long time otherwise.

MiniEquine.6014

Actually it’s 560 gems if you buy 5 for 2-64 characters depending on how many alts you have. I have 10 alts which means I got 50 slots.

The math technically works a little bit differently than than. The slots themselves are worth more than a normal slot in a bag by a lot, but the direct value is less than [# of characters] * [# of slots], especially depending on what you put in them. They would only be close to worth that maximum amount if you put stacks of necessary consumables in them like food or oils, but having infinite tools, while useful, reduces the “total” number of slots. I’ll see if I can work something out to make it easier to show but the math gets very fuzzy.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

After I put my copper fed in one slot and my 3 harvesting tools in 3 others, I went through all my characters and deleted all the basic salvaging kits and all the harvesting tools that were on them. I didn’t keep track, but at about 5 item deletions per character plus the additional 5 extra slots per character, I gained a minimum of 100 slots with the purchase of 5 account bound slots.

5 account bound slots times 9 level 80s is 45 new slots
Average of 5 deleted items per char times 9 level 80s is 45 freed up slots
4 low levels mules parked at a JP that now have a copper fed salvage kit is 4 slots
Their salvage kit destroyed is 4 more slots
Plus a couple of salvage kits and harvesting tools in my bank were deleted
Total of new slots for my account is ~ 100

I considered getting 100 slots for 2800 gems a good deal.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

Can we talk to the ever-magnanimous Evon and see if he’ll offer some sort of buy-back for these duplicate gem items? Maybe trade them in for a BLTC marker with a gem balance, how long ago said item was purchased would determine depreciation. This would have to be in game, not arbitrary, and the rate set by an economist, not devs.
I’m not sure if tracking those kind of purchases is in place, or possible, just trying to suggest something to lower the frustration level I’ve seen here lately.

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!