[Suggestions] Quality of Life Changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The /surrender that works in raids also work in all PvE. I would enjoy doing this when I am downed in PvE with no hope of surviving and watching my finisher expedite my death.

The Burninator

Posted by: cormega.6238

cormega.6238

Capes. Not sure if this is technically a QoL thing tho. Clipping is also a lame excuse to not have them.

Filter out known/acquired recipes in the trade post.
Build templates
Keyring
Crafting UI overhaul. Example: Weaponsmithing, break it down into tab catagories –
1) Weapons – Backpack – Consumable
2) Crafting Component – Upgrade Component – Inscriptions
3) Legendary Component
4)Refinement – Ectoplasm Refinement – Obsidian Refinement

(edited by cormega.6238)

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

The new Special Action icon currently shows up as a small button upwards and to the left of the Health Globe in the center of the UI. Currently it is only utilized in a few places (Wing 3 of the raid and after receiving the first mastery for the new Ancient Magic mastery line, for example), but I’d like to request a QOL change before it sees even more use.

It’s current location does not feel very well placed, I believe it would be better suited somewhere else.

The icon is currently too small, multiple times I’ve missed the cue because I overshoot it with my mouse.

There’s no way to know when it pops up other than by watching that area of the screen intently. There’s no flash when it pops up, it’s location isn’t one that is commonly looked at, and the button being so small makes it difficult to see and easy to miss unless its too late.

If this button is going to see even more use (which I actually think is a good idea for many things), I think it best that the improvements be made early while it’s still easy to make the change.

Please and thank you!

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

The special action utility has had use since the first Raid wing in the Sabetha fight.

Just keybind it, it is in the options. Problem solved.

Kitten.

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

The special action utility has had use since the first Raid wing in the Sabetha fight.

Just keybind it, it is in the options. Problem solved.

You are correct, but note that I said “For example” rather than “this is a comprehensive list of the places this button has uses”

And that only solves the problem of overshooting with the mouse. It does not change the difficulty of knowing when it’s active. In raids, there are other tells so it’s easier there, but in the new map there are multiple bosses that utilize it as well as a mastery.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: Lumpy.8760

Lumpy.8760

if you don’t want a hot-key, try turning up your volume; it plays a distinct sound effect when available. if neither of these are an option, adjust your character’s equipment, traits or skills to handle them

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Build templates.
Weapon and backpack dyeing.
Keyring.
Gemstore mining/gathering/logging tools automatically equiped on every toon. (Or make them “equiped” by simply being in your inventary, so you can put them in a shared slot and don’t worry anymore).
Bigger weapons on Asura, so they are visible.
On/off checkbox for boots (and chestpieces and pants, why not.)

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

The new Special Action icon currently shows up as a small button upwards and to the left of the Health Globe in the center of the UI. Currently it is only utilized in a few places (Wing 3 of the raid and after receiving the first mastery for the new Ancient Magic mastery line, for example), but I’d like to request a QOL change before it sees even more use.

It’s current location does not feel very well placed, I believe it would be better suited somewhere else.

The icon is currently too small, multiple times I’ve missed the cue because I overshoot it with my mouse.

There’s no way to know when it pops up other than by watching that area of the screen intently. There’s no flash when it pops up, it’s location isn’t one that is commonly looked at, and the button being so small makes it difficult to see and easy to miss unless its too late.

If this button is going to see even more use (which I actually think is a good idea for many things), I think it best that the improvements be made early while it’s still easy to make the change.

Please and thank you!

Was thinking about this earlier and I agree. I’d like to see it placed on the right side of the combat bar itself, not just switching sides to the same location. More noticeable as well.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

The ability to change chat colors between the 5 guilds chats.

I often find myself replying in the wrong guild chats.

Teh Ouchies

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

- Build saving – not gear, just skills and traits.
- Keyring
- Accountwide gathering tool slots (after all, we have accountwide recipes now)
- Guild mailing system to mass mail certain ranks
- Capes
- Fixing the BLTP so people can no longer place unfulfillable buy offers
- ‘Open All’ option for bags of fractal relics
- More enrichments that would be beneficial to those who have little/no use for the existing ones coughWvWerscough Reward track boost (one for WvW only plus a combined one with a lower bonus) and map reward boost would be two ideal ideas imo. Or add all the tavern buffs to enrichments.
- Stacking more than one guild buff at a time – still mad that we can’t have multiple boosts like pre-HoT
- More incentives to play as a guild; Blaeys floated the idea of the Current Events being made into guild missions which I think would be perfect new content as the current guild missions are becoming boring as heck for me after not even a year. I’d even say they could be made into a separate Guild Event (much like some world bosses can be guild world events) which could reward some extra commendations. The achievements could also stick around seeing as ANet are being shy about discussing removing the daily AP cap and it seems most new achievements are 1-5 AP
- Increase the availability of BLC home instance nodes
- Toggle function for outfits so you can still see the headpiece but not the body part
- Ability to salvage green runes/sigils; even t1 mats would make me happier than I am now with them

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

(edited by Bellatrixa.3546)

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I would like to see:

1 – Build saves finally.

2 – Better Target skills options as I have suggested here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-for-better-Targeting-Skills/first#post6222192

3 – More privacy/chat options as discussed here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Privacy-Discussion-merged/first

4 – Placeholders on both Our UI and the Target’s UI for Conds/Boons.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Being able to sell all green/blue sigils and runes with the sell junk button.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Gregori.5807

Gregori.5807

First, THANK YOU ANET for the QoL improvements this update.

The big QoL improvement I would now like to see is reducing light spam, either on a slider or “lowest/ low/ med/ high” scale with “lowest” being barely visible. First, I can’t see anything. Second, the lag with the light spam., oh the lag.

… be able to purchase a stack, half a stack, or type in a number at the various venders (like troll whistles).

… account wide gathering tools slots, purchased like the bank slots.

… an open all option for bags

… saving builds to switch between on the fly. How it is now is a great improvement but a one or two click option would be great.

~~On Blackgate since Beta~~
80s: Necro x2, Ranger, Warr, Guardian x2, Ele x2, Mes, Thief

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Option to set keybinds for classes seperately, that would be great. Other things have already been mentioned here

Posted by: thefinnster.7105

thefinnster.7105

1. Greater expansion of the bank collection tab
I’m sure most of you would agree there’s allot of items that should have been added to the collection tabs along time ago I feel like largely the collection tab is an under utilized feature in the game
2. tonics on the hero panel
I have so many tonics in my bank just eating up space nuff said its high time Anet provide a way to store these tonics efficiently if you expect us to keep collecting them otherwise its wasted content for the most part I stopped getting tonics about HoT coz I didn’t want to spill over in to a 3rd bank tab
3. A keyring for key storage in the wallet
With increasingly more and more content with metas involving keys this is a no brainer all our silverwastes/drytop/HOT keys should be neatly stored in the wallet to save space and allow access for all chars on our account

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

1. Customizable UI features. Daily notes, story notes, all that stuff. Let me get it off my screen if I want.
2. Customizable UI features. Target frame, skill bar, health bubble, activate/deactivate border effects, activate/deactivate animated UI features (ex, guardian’s constant blue fire).
3. Customizable UI features. Floating combat text customization, float method (scroll, popup, fade, etc), Crit notification (size, float method, opacity), color of text.
4. Customizable UI features. Buff/Debuff window location, size, and icon size.
5. Any Other Screen Clutter Removal features. God. Oh. God. Make. It. Stop. Please.
6. Build Saving.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Most of my QOL wants are related to account-bound systems.

~ A “keyring”. Commonly suggested, hugely wanted. It would be so amazing if I didn’t have to waste half a dozen inventory slots on every character carrying around various items to open chests on all the maps with map-specific chest types. And additionally, when I first bring a character to a zone it’d be nice if I could just start opening chests and not have to worry about either transferring items over from other characters or buying / earning them through events before I can start getting that loot.

~ A Tonic “wardrobe”. For both consumable and infinite tonics. Get them out of the bank and individual inventories and into a central system. They already have a system in place that can handle infinite and limited-use items together (Finishers) so it shouldn’t be farfetched to get something similar for tonics as well. Not only would it free up a metric ton of inventory and bank space, but it would also allow you to more effectively use the tonics as well. Like, right now if someone starts up an impromptu Quaggan parade or a snowball avalanche… well, chances are I’m probably not using the character who has the appropriate tonic available. So foo on me. But with a “wardrobe” I could have all my tonics at any given time ready to go.

~ A small selection of account-bound waypoints. Nothing major, map completion should still be largely character-based. But maybe have one or two basic waypoints at the starting point(s) of a zone unlocked for the account for each zone (once at least one character has been in that zone, of course), just enough to let you jump to whatever map you want without needing to potentially drudge through a half a dozen zones to get there on a new character.

I do have a few that aren’t related to account stuff as well, though.

~ Better manual targeting. It can be really hard to target specific things in the heat of a fight, especially in large groups of players. One of the key things I’d like improved is that enemies should get absolute preference over other players. If I’m clicking anywhere near an enemy, no matter how many allied players are around, I should end up targeting the enemy and not the random player / mini pet / minion in the zerg. There’s almost no reason to ever target players in this game as it is, so just let me target the enemy.

~ “Open All” functions for bags. I realize this is a potentially sticky addition since it could very easily lead to issues with filling up a players’ inventory, but it would still be extremely welcome.

~ “Use All” functions for every consumable (or at least every “reward” type consumable, EG karma potions, experience scrolls, ect). Its amazing on Essences of Luck, spread the love.

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

would love love love if minis could be as fast as ranger/minions/summons

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Never having to deal with inventory slot occupying green, and yellow runes ever again. Just give me the monetary value for them off the bat, thanks

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I’d like the "Quit this chapter" bit of the story content to actually stick on map change. Sometimes I’ve gone back to replay stuff simply for an achievement, or to check some dialogue or a visual out. It didn’t mean I wanted to re-do the whole length of the story chain again, much less be reminded of it with nag text every time I swap maps!

I’m wondering if it’s a little difficult to fix this, because it’s not the first time it’s come up (certainly it’s at least the second time I’ve wittered about it). Sure, I don’t think it’s game-breaking, but we’re talking QoL.

I have the Disable Personal Story drop down selected, too, but it doesn’t seem to work with LS or expansion stuff (can’t remember about base game PS). Nor does it work when selected to disabling PS and events (but I like having events knowledge at will, and that does work).

I’d also go further than this: the option to turn off all top left corner text at will would be great (though default should be set to On).

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: Torzini.1523

Torzini.1523

-BUILD SAVING.

-The ability to sell minor sigils/runes with the sell junk button.

Those are by far my two biggest wishes, especially the first.

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Build templates – including selected gear presets.
With the ability to ping build templates.
Also a symbol denoting “this is my currently equipped gear/traits”

Keyring…

All the extra crafting mats, like the guild hall crystals finally making it into mat storage ( shouldn’t even need a QoL pass.. should have been done when they were added to the game).

Sell all minor runes button on merchants? Might be nice.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: CrusherJ.4573

CrusherJ.4573

I know this subject has been touched upon before on multiple occasions but for the case of not necro’ing an old thread I’m saying this again.

The Crafting tabs need an option to start closed. It’s really annoying to close them all then leave, comeback and they’re all open again. I like to have them closed, it makes navigation easier, especially cause i don’t particularly like hiding older recipes.

It’s a simple QoL change. Even if it’s just a change to make the crafting UI remember its previous state would be nice.

Opinions?

I, Am Embarrassed about the name I chose for this account…

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

1 – “Key” ring (anything required to open a container)

2 – Build saves (WoW has had this for years)

3 – Toy box (endless tonics, riding toys, etc… again… WoW has had this for a while already)

4 – less armor that looks like a bell from behind (#nomorebuttcurtains)

Posted by: Glacial.9516

Glacial.9516

+1. Definitely agree with this. Crafting tabs opening when you leave/return to the crafting station can be pretty confusing and difficult to navigate. Would love it to save the last setting.

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

A simple one:
Keybinding for dialog pop ups

“Are you sure?” – “Yes I am sure”
“Do you really want to leave PvP?” – “Yes master. Therefore, I have clicked Leave PvP
“Do you really want to enter you home instance?” – “Yes master, yes yes yes I want, you kitten $#*&$”

Let me pleeease press [enter] (please)
Or [space] to confirm instead of jumping while the dialog is visible.

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Posted by: Bambu.4270

Bambu.4270

Something to bulk-use mystic forge. Stupid spirit shards…

That’s progress. Hooray for progress!

Posted by: cormega.6238

cormega.6238

It’s also one of my gripes. Here is my copypaste from the current circulating QoL thread

Crafting UI overhaul. Example: Weaponsmithing, break it down into tab catagories –
1) Weapons – Backpack – Consumable
2) Crafting Component – Upgrade Component – Inscriptions
3) Legendary Component
4)Refinement – Ectoplasm Refinement – Obsidian Refinement

Posted by: Goldfox.5729

Goldfox.5729

1. Build & Keybind Templates. I believe this will be useful as each class has a different amount of keybinds that need to be used. I often find myself needing to change around my keybind whenever I swap to another character. For the Build Templates I suggest that there should be options to not only save the build but also which armor/weapons you want to save according to that build; so that if you for an example want to switch from Power Ranger to Condition Ranger you can swap with one click and the Condition Ranger armor/weapons in your inventory will be equipped aswell. [But this should be selectable in options].

2. Guild Oriented Skins. Yes you could’ve guessed it; I’d like to see Capes with the Guild Logo on the back and a dye-able background to the cape. Some of you may wonder… ‘’How will this fit with the stowed weapons on the back?’’… My solution to this is to make options so that you can select which should be prioritized.
- Option One: Prioritize weapons over capes. When stowing your weapon the cape disappears (perhaps by a rolling up animation) and only the weapon is visible. When seathing your weapon the cape appears (perhaps by an animation of the cape rolling down and unfolding itself).
- Option Two: Prioritize capes over weapons. When stowing your weapon, a Greatsword for an example, the weapon won’t be visible and the Cape will remain as it is for always. This option also hides side-stowed weapons such as Sword and Focus.
- Option Three: Prioritize capes over weapons; but show the side-stowed weapons. For an example… You’re wielding a Sword and a Shield and decide to stow your weapons after having been in combat. The Sword will be visible on your side but the Shield will disappear.

And it doesn’t matter whether it clips or not with other armor pieces. There’s enough armor pieces that won’t clip with capes and only a few will do so. It’s not like clipping was never an issue anyway. Except for Charr…

Edit: Capes could also be a great idea for the WvW Legendary Backpack since that’s the only game-mode without one at the moment.

3. Guild Hall Customization. I would find it an amazing addition to Guild Halls if there would be more customization to them; and I’m not speaking about decorations, although more of these are always welcome. No, I am speaking about a Guild Environment Control Panel.
Wait… Is this some new Asura technology we found in Rata Novus?
Yes. The Guild Environment Control Panel will allow Guild Members (with sufficient permissions granted by their leader) to change the day/night cycles within a Guild Hall and alter the weather with several options to choose from.

Examples:

Fog
Clouded
Bright Sunlight
Red Sky (as seen in Bloodstone Fen)
Nighttime
Snowfall
Rain
Storm
Random

That’s all I can come up with for the moment.

‘’Many have eyes, but few have seen.’’ – Scriptures of Lyssa, 45 BE

(edited by Goldfox.5729)

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

The crafting ui needs a major overhaul in general. Having huge scrollable lists is not good design. There should be separate tabs for refinements and upgrades, better sorting by more criteria, starting with only the highest crafting level open should be default, more logical assignments in terms of rarity levels, fewer popup confirmation windows, etc. The entire right side of the crafting interface is unnecessarily large and mostly non-functional anyway.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’d like the option to choose Status before entering the game, like we had in GW1. Along with this, if one chooses ‘Invisible’, to actually be invisible to all tracking in-game.

In other words, for the game to treat the account as ‘Offline’.

Just a note to the Devs: Thanks for all the QoL updates we get, some not even posted in the patch notes (I’ve noticed these sneaky ones..lol). Some Devs go above and beyond, like with the Pet Name change…very nice. =)

Posted by: AlanCMD.9205

AlanCMD.9205

1- build templates/saves

2- open all bags option

3- account-wide gathering tools slot (so we don’t need to switch infinite gathering tools between character every time)

Posted by: skigorn.7910

skigorn.7910

Being able to sell all green/blue sigils and runes with the sell junk button.

Or have options like the new salvage options.

Sell Junk.
Sell minor runes/sigils.
Sell major runes/sigils.

I saw a suggestion to allow us to to salvage them to nothing…essentially destroy them in our packs in bulk. I’d be okay with that.

Saving builds would be fantastic.

Keyring would be great, even as an upgrade “convenience” feature.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

- Counter in guild menu UI during missions that lets you know how many race completions you need (not always possible to open your own race e.g. another guild has theirs open and you join in after launching the mission to get guild credit)

I may be missing something here, not being a total guild missions expert, but why do you need this? If you complete just one race while repping your guild with your guild having launched the mission, and another guild does the other 14 completions, then your mission succeeds. So you only need one completion yourself, and you’ll know if you got it because you’ll get the personal rewards.

Posted by: Eburte.9813

Eburte.9813

With the new update making recipes account-bound I’ve fallen in love with this QoL change. It got me to thinking that if I could spend 3000 gems on some cool animated gathering tools and have them on all of my characters I’d actually be willing to spill the money. By account-bound gathering tools I mean that they’d be used on every character you have, rather than just the one you receive the mail on and trading it to other characters through the bank. Having to either waste dozens of gold on in-game Lvl80 tools that break in 100/50 uses or 2400 gems on the unbreakable standard gem store versions is annoying.

I know it would decrease sales for ArenaNet to do so, but I’d think that making the gathering tools account-bound would inspire more people to actually buy them.

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

I may be missing something here, not being a total guild missions expert, but why do you need this? If you complete just one race while repping your guild with your guild having launched the mission, and another guild does the other 14 completions, then your mission succeeds. So you only need one completion yourself, and you’ll know if you got it because you’ll get the personal rewards.

I’m talking about guild credit for favour, not personal credit. Afaik, you still need the completions from the correct number of your guild’s members for the guild to receive mission credit if you’re using someone else’s race when you launch the mission. If we’re taking part in someone else’s guild race and say they’ve done 14 runs but not ended the mission, it’d be pretty ridiculous if only one person from my guild doing the race while the other guild’s race is active could score our whole guild credit for favour. If that’s how it works, I’d like someone to confirm that because we’ve not wanted to waste everyone’s time on mission night by trying it. We always have enough people for the race so it’s not something we’ll stumble on by accident.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Oh, YES: More savepoints on the Journal instances, and the option to skip video and dialog sequences after the first time you play them. This is REALLY NEEDED, specially when doing hard achievements in season 2 (Maldito Windmane!)

Also, no more punish-cage in the last Mordi battle, it’s plain stupid.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m talking about guild credit for favour, not personal credit. Afaik, you still need the completions from the correct number of your guild’s members for the guild to receive mission credit if you’re using someone else’s race when you launch the mission. If we’re taking part in someone else’s guild race and say they’ve done 14 runs but not ended the mission, it’d be pretty ridiculous if only one person from my guild doing the race while the other guild’s race is active could score our whole guild credit for favour. If that’s how it works, I’d like someone to confirm that because we’ve not wanted to waste everyone’s time on mission night by trying it. We always have enough people for the race so it’s not something we’ll stumble on by accident.

I can personally confirm this is not the case. I have gotten guild credit in many races by hopping and riding the coattails of other guilds as mine is lucky to have 3 people doing missions at once. I only needed one completion to get full guild credit and favor, so long as there were 15 completions active while I had the mission launched.

Posted by: BattleRattle.5420

BattleRattle.5420

Repeat what most others say, but I would especially liek to see build templates, key ring and maybe also a ‘book’ to store all books / notes you collect, especially now that we got 3 more books from Blood stone fen.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

A dev to show up at my door to give me a shoulder massage while I play… every time.

~EW

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Please get rid of the penalty box situation in the Hearts and Minds story step where you are taken out of the fight and can’t return.

Posted by: Eburte.9813

Eburte.9813

The main QoL feature I’m hoping for is account-wide gemstore gathering tools. I’d love to get some of them, but 3000 gems per character that I kit out is faaaaar too much.

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

1) To finally have the Flesh Golem work underwater!

2) Build templates!!!!!

3) Capes (deadhorse goes here)

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

add salvage everything below exotic option
make minor and major runes salavgeable so they get salvaged into nothing

(edited by Taxidriver.2043)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

With the many lovely Quality of Life changes in the most recent update, players are coming up with a lot of good ideas for potential changes in the future. To keep things more organized, and to give the developers a means of reviewing the ideas in an efficient manner, I’m combining 14 threads into a single QoL Suggestion thread, which is right here!

Please add your suggestions, but keep in mind:

• Brief is better: The most info you can pack into a sentence or two, the better. The devs won’t need long windy explanations or examples — just hit the highlights, please
  • Bullet lists work nicely: Organized posts are easier to read than walls of text, right?
  • Actual bugs should be reported in the Bugs Sub-Forum, as they would be prioritized and handled differently than a change the improved a feature or other game element

Thanks for all the ideas that have come in so far, and for understanding and joining this single thread. Doing so really will help the various teams who might tackle QoL changes review your ideas.

P.S. There is some unavoidable mixing of messages whenever we merge. If your post seems disconnected from your intentions, feel free to edit to add a line at the top of your post such as a subject or a comment, such as “This idea was related to [QoL suggestion]” or “My response was in support of the [QoL suggestion] made above.”

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: TheShyGuyTheory.2849

TheShyGuyTheory.2849

So now that we know Arenanet is actually looking at player suggestions and implementing them in game I thought I’d throw some out there. Feel free to comment below what you think should be added as well!

1 )
On screen currency calculations.
So Instead of getting 3 increments of “Unbound Magic +3” next to your mini-map feeding away at nothing, it will instead be feeding into a counter. So just as a “Unbound Magic +3” box thingy is about to disappear it adds to the total count of the ones you already have in a little box on screen.
For example. say i have 1000 Unbound Magic already in my account wallet and I just acquired 3 blue orb thing’s giving my 3 lots of “+3 Unbound Magic”, they will list away as usual but just as they are about to disappear, a little box showing the Unbound Magic icon and a 1000 digit next to it appears and will show a little “+3” animation adding it to the total. It will register it when the box disappears as I feel like its easier to follow.
I feel like this is a lot faster to indicated how much currency you actually have so that it cuts out searching for it in your wallet, which is a hassle when you are running a low end PC and high latency while also zerging it up.

2 )
Cleaner UI Toggle and/or Custom UI’s
I may have mentioned this somewhere before but I feel like the painterly feel of the UI is a bit dated, the brown inventories and hero panels with the disgusting brown smudge behind the skills panel at the bottom need to be fixed.
Something I’ve loved about this game in recent years is every time there is a new window added in the game like Fractal Select or Raid Select its black instead of brown.
I’d personally like to make all my UI panels a dark blue or black while also making it opaque (not items, just the background) while also clearing up the smudge behind the skills.

I had more but I don’t want this to drag and these 2 I feel like are the most likely to be added or well received. Also grammar is pretty bad but I dopnt care its late.

Add ideas bellow if you want.

– Shy
Yak’s Bend
Thief / Daredevil Main

Posted by: Serrice.2356

Serrice.2356

Would not mind if they added the crowbars, chak acid, exalted keys and machetes to the wallet as currencies.

Posted by: BattleRattle.5420

BattleRattle.5420

Would not mind if they added the crowbars, chak acid, exalted keys and machetes to the wallet as currencies.

As well as the blood rubies, and the much requested keyring for zephyrite lockpicks, bandit keys, etc. And also a ‘book’ (better name is needed) for all the notes and books we now have/get.

And to OP’s 2), I actually like how it looks, I think it’s a fitting color and not at all a disgusting color.

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

why cant you just be happy with what we have…

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

It would be an odd decision to salvage everything below exotic with the same salvage tool.