Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

You are starting to give me nostalgia for the super adventure box. I like the idea of the ICC transporting you directly to the SAB. Maybe to generate additional money you can buy an upgrade for the ICC to do that? This would allow more money to be generated without taking up extra inventory space with two different items.

I like your idea, but the problem I have identified is that, for the past 1 year and 4 months, the ICC has been absolutely incapable of doing anything other than waste a bank/inventory space.

My solution is for the coding end of the game to add a new function to the already-existing item. New money would come from new sales of the ICC. It would be the same ICC, but with a new function. Resale would make it available to new players who are now interested now that it does a new thing, and that is how they would get more money.

It wouldn’t take up any more inventory space, and besides, the last thing you would want to do to those dedicated people…

…who have waited so patiently sitting on their ICC’s they paid for a year and 4 months ago…

…would be to force them to “buy it again to make it function.”

That is why I suggested my idea the way I did.

This relies on Anet being willing to remove resources dedicated to HoT and set them on some…. craptastic joke content that has been stated multiple times that while they would like to bring it back, it is at the absolute BOTTOM of the list of priorities, so much to the point that it deserves less attention than a bugfix meant to fix sounds for a class’s skills.

If this is legitimately, as you say, “craptastic joke content… at the BOTTOM of the list of priorities” then ANET had no business selling an “infinite” continue coin in the gemstore for 600 gems, for about a month’s worth of usefulness.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

No… Reread the OP. This is for something that was some people ALREADY PURCHASED. This isn’t a “Buy it a 2nd Time to Access Content” thing. He’s also suggesting put it in the Gemstore as a FIRST TIME PURCHASE (which it would be for me). That way it can be accessed, through purchases already made, when the SAB is not “free” for the general public.

EDIT: Great. Now that it’s merged into MegaTopic it’ll get lost with all the noise.. That’s just effin’ great.

This is what’s referred to as putting something in the “round file”. (As in, the trashcan…..)

Oh well, it was a good idea.

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

just open the box
u don’t need to add content…. let us just play the worlds u all ready have

give people a chance to get the old skins again

and bring back the SAB ninja mini pet plz XD

(edited by caveman.5840)

Posted by: AirimirOfGondor.9081

AirimirOfGondor.9081

EDIT: Great. Now that it’s merged into MegaTopic it’ll get lost with all the noise.. That’s just effin’ great.

I was very sad to find out that this got merged as well. My thread was about a very specific problem with a very specific gemstore item. I hope the discussion on this idea will continue here though.

Even though it becomes so very easy to ignore here. I suspect this is the death of this idea. Which is a shame because I tried to look at things from every angle with this idea and make a modest and reasonable proposal that should make many very happy without making many (if any) unhappy at all.

Yes, the item is related to SAB, but this problem I have identified is very specifically that an item bought in the gemstore has had no purpose for 1 year and 4 months now, and only functioned for, at best, just under 1 month before that.

The problem is that people who bought the ICC did not likely expect it to be worthless for 1 year and 4 months. Its very existence suggested that we would be able to use it lots. The problem is that after so long it becomes unreasonable that people have not been able to use it for so long.

The very premise that the ICC exists at all suggested that it would be useable at regular intervals, and those who bought it reasonably relied on that reasonable expectation.

That reasonable expectation turned out not to be in line with the reality of things here, which is why so many seem upset about this. I think that is a fair stance and certainly not overreaching the norms of sanity or the like.

If this is legitimately, as you say, “craptastic joke content… at the BOTTOM of the list of priorities” then ANET had no business selling an “infinite” continue coin in the gemstore for 600 gems, for about a month’s worth of usefulness.

I could not have put this better myself. The existence of the ICC created a reasonable expectation, and that reasonable expectation turned out not to be the same as their plan. And at 600 gems over a year and a quarter ago, the unreasonableness of this reality grows and compounds as time goes on.

They chose to create the ICC. They chose to create this reasonable expectation. Those who hold or held the reasonable expectation are not being unreasonable. We’re just confused that it has been so long since we could use the darned thing after shelling out a lot of gems to get it. “Infinite” seems to be the opposite of “unusable” in this context, yet it has been precisely unusable for 1 year and 4 months at least now. That’s not reasonable.

I never tried the SAB, and I don’t own the ICC.

I’m absolutely in favour of AirimirOfGondor’s idea. I think that since you guys purchased the coin, you should be able to access the SAB.

The idea seems totally reasonable and I can’t see this as taking away huge amounts of time from HoT, especially since OP is not asking for new worlds, he’s just asking access to already existing content.

The effort would be as minimal as I could come up with yet I believe the joy for many would be incredible. I tried to come up with the least work for them with the most player base satisfaction and possibly more money for them as well.

I really hope this idea is not now forever lost in the megathread, kitten many ideas become. I’d really like to see the idea tried and from what I gather lots of others would like that as well.

Posted by: SenorMoody.5908

SenorMoody.5908

Honestly, I never really understood all the hype with SAB.
What is the big deal, anyway? It’s a cute little Mini game within the big game.
I played it.. it was ok for what it was… So why so much controversy over it?
What exactly am I missing? And why are the Dev’s so adamant about not leaving
it in game?

Wish it, Want it, Do it!

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Honestly, I never really understood all the hype with SAB.
What is the big deal, anyway? It’s a cute little Mini game within the big game.
I played it.. it was ok for what it was… So why so much controversy over it?
What exactly am I missing? And why are the Dev’s so adamant about not leaving
it in game?

Its like everything. I rate RP’ing but I love dungeons and fotms, Some HSTE fotms, others hate dungeons and then there are many that think they are “Meh”

Why I Love SAB.

• Its very fun – I can have a no stress fun free time, I can play solo and at my own speed, i can take it slow or go fast. I dont have to relay on other players
  • Its easy or hard – It has easy mode and Hard mode, something that alot of the game is missing. I can go into the main game mode to teach players have fun or just goof off, or I can go on Tribulation and have a really hard “BUT” great fun time, with trail and error, or even watch a video and learn how to beat it and time trial my self.
  • Its completely different – All games get stale, SaB still has the active combat/dodge mechanics but in a different form to bring the game into a new light of entertainment.
  • Funny – Not all the time does a game need to be 100% serious, it has amazing fun/funny atmosphere for all players
  • I grew up with platform games – The old Sonic/Mario/Donkey Kong games had its own style of fun play and enjoyment, having those aspects in gw2 is really exciting and important to many players.

There are more reasons but I felt these are the best reasons….

I honestly dont need more levels for a long time. If we could just get SAB to be in game at all times. I would just love to play levels 1-2 and collect the skins again.

There really isnt any reason form a buiseness POI why it isnt, Put the Minis/contune coin on the Gem store I bet you will see more sales at that point, maybe add 8-bit Gathering Tools.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

I think that maybe they are afraid the SAB will become stale if they make it permanent.

But still, AirimirOfGondor’s idea makes sense, because the content would be permanent only for those making some form of commitment.

Posted by: Mackodlak.7961

Mackodlak.7961

A stale permanent SAB is WAAAAY better than no SAB at all.
Most of us don’t even want the skins back, we just want to play the kittening content that is already made.
SAB was, and i hope will be one day, one of the BEST contents this game has put out by far. I’m not saying it’s better than the main game, cause that would be stupid, but, from the living story patches and themed events like dragon bash or haloween, the SAB is by far the best one.
What they did here is start a SAB which was supposed to have 4 worlds and be a permanent addition to the main game once all 4 are introduced, they even made a small story around it that goes from SAB to “real world”, if only for a moment, it looked like they were gonna build more than just 2 worlds, sole IIC for 600 gems as previously mentioned, and then one day decided to scrap it.
all this talk about pulling resources from HoT or any other content is bullkitten. As before, not every employee of Anet is working on any piece of content that is gonna be introduced. While probably half ARE working on HoT, the remainder was here to complete LS2 and whatnot.
That means that there are resources that can be put towards finishing SAB, or at least push tha button that would reintroduce it to the game with the last state it was and not even give back the skins and/or gem items. Most of us would be happy just to replay the first 2 worlds as they were and not have any more content added for a while.
As it is now, we sit on bubbles and bubble-bubbles and ICC in our banks/inventories, dreaming of a day they would give us back the game and let us enjoy the content once more.
I do understand that they aren’t rerunning S1 of LS (even though i call it bullkitten also, but let’s not get into that now), since it has an open world impact, but SAB, apart from some server space, has no impact on the game whatsoever, except people would be in it, instead in open world or WvW or PvP, or whatnot.

AirimirOfGondor.9081

Most of us don’t even want the skins back, we just want to play the kittening content that is already made.

I agree with this sentiment in particular. The people I have talked to don’t talk about wanting a reward, they just talk about wanting their Infinite Continue Coin they bought to do something reasonable – namely, for it to do anything at all – which would be more than it has done for over 1 year and 4 months now.

I don’t think the people buying the ICC could have reasonably been expected to believe it would not be something they would use again for well over a year. I think the existence of the ICC suggested to them that they would be able to go to the SAB from time to time, so they bought it based on that reasonable belief. And they shelled out a good 600 gems on that reasonable belief.

Just adding the Home Portal Stone’s warping code to the Infinite Continue Coin would give the ICC a reasonable function, and after so long I think it is just the solution to placate an loyal playerbase who spent that money so long ago and have had nothing to show for it for all the time since. This is not a small, reasonable period of “just a few months” anymore.

And since this is not a call for any new assets (no new sound, art, levels, writing, or design) and just a call for a modest change to an existing item (add the Home Portal Stone’s code to the ICC to make it clickable, change “destination” from “home instance” to “Super Adventure Lobby,” Save & Close), I don’t think that’s unreasonable.

Because at some point the ICC has to stop being functionless. And I think those who bought it think 1 year 4 months is a far too long and far too unreasonable time, given the cost and the reasonable expectation it created when they decided to make and sell it.

April 1, 2013: Super Adventure Box (first release)
September 3, 2013: Super Adventure Box: Back to School (second release – ICC is marketed and sold during this time)
October 1, 2013: The next major release happened and the SAB was closed down.

February 2, 2015. ICC has been functionless since October 1, 2013. February 2, 2015 is not an end date for it being functionless, this is merely the current date. No end date is in sight.

1 year and 4 months plus goes beyond a reasonable wait time.

This isn’t about the SAB. It is not about whether the SAB is good it bad. It is not about why SAB is better or worse than anything else.

This is about the Infinite Continue Coin. About the reasonable expectation that accompanied it when it was sold – The reasonable expectation created by prior release schedules and by virtue of the ICC’s very existence (and price tag). And about those loyal consumers who did not have that reasonable expectation met. I think giving those consumers this small mercy would go a long way.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

^^ This.

At this stage, ANet have basically taken people’s real world money and walked off with it. A refund or apology is long past due, whether SAB is returning or not.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

There were some interesting audio-files added to the dat-file with the latest update…

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

I have seen alot of new player joining the game because of this ridiculous low price that is on right now………people joining gw2 dont want a farm like game where you run around zerging in wvw….PvE and rush through everything…..what they really want is this:

Needless to say that I want this too.

#SuperAdventureBox

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

lol +1 .

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

As every other Tuesday, i’ll be waiting for a preview about the return of the SAB.
As every other Tuesday, i’ll be left disappointed.

:-(

Posted by: Bunnikk.2146

Bunnikk.2146

I am still hoping that we will see a release of SAB in the down time until Heart of Thorns but I also expected another festival too. Sadly, neither Dragonbash or the Zepherite Festival would make any sense given we just lost the pact. This means we are probably looking at another Queen’s Gauntlet and hopefully some SAB.

Honestly, I want this content to be permanent just so it is there when I have a bad day at work because it was the perfect thing to cheer me up.

[RAWR] Monsters of Tyria
Monster of choice – Kitsune
Megaserver formerly known as Blackgate

Posted by: Bunnikk.2146

Bunnikk.2146

Also, I just realized that the new “Mushroom Jumping Mastery ability” Anet told IGN about in their interview came straight out of SAB. So maybe there is some SAB love coming.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/03/how-guild-wars-2s-mastery-system-could-change-mmos-forever?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

[RAWR] Monsters of Tyria
Monster of choice – Kitsune
Megaserver formerly known as Blackgate

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I would buy a home instance SAB Entrance Portal “gift”, even if access was limited to entrance tickets (obviously gained inside SAB).

OMG! ANet take my money! Where is my home game? I need this in my instance, I will never leave my home inside my home ever again.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Gretl.3156

Gretl.3156

I’m sorry if it was already mentioned. It’s really exciting to know that SAB is going to be back eventually, but: IMHO, the 1st of April is coming really soon, and I wonder if developers would actually open for us World 1 and World 2 again just to help players finish their achievements, get the skins they couldn’t before due to different reasons, or simple play once again the levels they enjoyed so much.
It’s also related not to the only veterans of SAB, but to newcomers, too.
After the released trailer and confirmation about HoT expansion, there surely was a lot of people who recently bought Guild Wars 2 and are quite new to all the environment. Also the info about HoT expansion surely started returning other people, who used to be frustrated about GW2’s content progress. For such people it could be really essential to try first maps of SAB on the 1st of April, too!

Posted by: Gaberen.4325

Gaberen.4325

Its the perfect time to bring back SAB, because it will probably be a little while until the expansion is out.

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

As much as I enjoyed the SAB, I didn’t get to play with it that much while it was out, as I was very busy in the midst of a project at that time. I’ve periodically recollected it and thought ‘Hey, that’s right, that thing was neat’, but they seem to have forgotten all about it, or shelfed it in such a long-term capacity that ‘forgetting it’ looks equally applicable from my perspective.

I can’t help but wonder what’s actually wrong with it, as I can’t imagine they wanted to go to all that developmental trouble to make the thing only to use it once and then give it the toss.

I wish they’d do things like tell us ‘Hey, that thing was cool but there was some stuff wrong with it, which is to say it needed to be reworked, but we have so many other things on our plate that its gotta wait until after X and Y and Z. Thanks for understanding, or at least not using all your arm strength to throw things at us!’

Ya know, some sort of actual explanation that doesn’t come across like a formal dismissal of all concerns.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

The problem with it (at least release 2) was it got mostly negative feedback → people were raging/crying on the forums → Anet looked at charts → People playing “content” was low → People playing the game went lower.

Solution:
Don’t release it as you “main attraction”, release it as a bonus mini-game.

I have detailed this somewhere in these 19 pages, but I’m not blaming anyone not reading through :P

Posted by: metaldude.4132

metaldude.4132

it doesn’t get back..get over it..move on..topic closed

#troll mode [ON]

naah seriously..I hope for the fans it will return in some form

Sharpen your justice. Dust off resolve. Brace your courage. The Guardian dragonhunter approaches.

Posted by: Mantheren.5428

Mantheren.5428

With HoT Adventures coming, could we get some Super Adventures back as well?
Thanks…

Posted by: The Hero Warrior Il.7681

The Hero Warrior Il.7681

SAB [Merged] = SAB comming to the game soon

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Open the box already!

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Please open the box again after my exams are over.
I’ll fail them otherwise.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

If SAB comes back, please re-enable all old SAB achievements, like Tribulation mode, normal mode etc, it would be nice for people who missed it to get it back.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Last time SAB came back it was possible to get all the old achievements and play the old gamemodes. It would be strange if they removed that.

On the other hand… It’s A-Net we’re talking about. They do a lot of strange stuff.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: DirtyT.5129

DirtyT.5129

Please bring Super Adventure Box back.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

SAB [Merged] = SAB comming to the game soon

SAB [Merged] has been around since August.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Any news regarding the return of SAB?
Will it be parmenent finally?

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

I’m going to chime in that I kind of want Super Adventure Box to come back. I also want the baubles and continue coins to be added to the wallet, as it’s reducing my total inventory and I’m not willing to delete those items!

Posted by: UncrushablePigeon.8760

UncrushablePigeon.8760

I also would like it to come back.

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

Do you think Super Adventure Box will return in April 2015? I remembered that Anet just add a new storm wizard box into the game data.

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

Posted by: Riku.4821

Riku.4821

I’m not to sure on if it was confirmed for this April, but I believed it was rumored that SAB WILL return.

Guild Leader of Lunar Tree[LT].
Officer of Power Overwhelming[ZERK].
First term Forum PvE Specialist.

CrashTestAuto.9108

Maybe. I still can’t believe they haven’t given refunds on the Infinite Continue Coin. Even optimistically we’re looking at “Hey everyone, pay us real world money to be able to play some content as much as you like (once every 18 months , if we feel like it)!”

Posted by: MegumiAzusa.2918

MegumiAzusa.2918

I don’t think it’ll go live April first, maybe later, or even before, but I do believe the April Fools gag will be a new one.

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

We can dream…..

Retired Leader of TTS

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t think it’ll go live April first, maybe later, or even before, but I do believe the April Fools gag will be a new one.

A trailer for Cantha I bet.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I think they will have a few small releases between now and the expansion…it would make sense for them to bring SAB out for a month.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I wasn’t a big fan of it, but I hope it does come back. There was no reason to lock it away, especially after screwing players who bought the continue coin.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Maybe

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: MegumiAzusa.2918

MegumiAzusa.2918

A trailer for Cantha I bet.

Which would be kinda awesome in two ways tbh
1. Cantha is awesome.
2. Devs going “ah who are we kidding, dragons are meh without Asian influences” and the golden minipet dragon we now get is actually the deep sea dragon.

AirimirOfGondor.9081

It’s too bad the Infinite Continue Coin suggestion is already getting lost in this thread. The suggestion was really more about that one gemstore item than the SAB as a whole. And I think that suggestion could make everyone happy with little to no effort on Anet’s part.

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

I’m going to chime in that I kind of want Super Adventure Box to come back. I also want the baubles and continue coins to be added to the wallet, as it’s reducing my total inventory and I’m not willing to delete those items!

Those SAB items are more valuable to me than anything else in my bank. I would delete ascended armor before I would delete a stack of baubles..

Posted by: electricfate.3798

electricfate.3798

This is about the Infinite Continue Coin. About the reasonable expectation that accompanied it when it was sold – The reasonable expectation created by prior release schedules and by virtue of the ICC’s very existence (and price tag).

In the SAB “hub”, there were four doors. Two of these doors led to SAB worlds 1 & 2. By showing four doors, any reasonable player would assume that SAB worlds 3 & 4 were going to be added in the future.

Having four doors implied that there was future updates to come. I bought the Infinite Continue Coin with real money under this assumption, and honestly, I feel cheated.

Faux.1937

This is about the Infinite Continue Coin. About the reasonable expectation that accompanied it when it was sold – The reasonable expectation created by prior release schedules and by virtue of the ICC’s very existence (and price tag).

In the SAB “hub”, there were four doors. Two of these doors led to SAB worlds 1 & 2. By showing four doors, any reasonable player would assume that SAB worlds 3 & 4 were going to be added in the future.

Having four doors implied that there was future updates to come. I bought the Infinite Continue Coin with real money under this assumption, and honestly, I feel cheated.

They “had” planned… but Plans change everyday with Anet. Just b.c it was Planned means NOTHING to anet at all!!!!!

SAB or RIOT

CrashTestAuto.9108

They “had” planned… but Plans change everyday with Anet. Just b.c it was Planned means NOTHING to anet at all!!!!!

Which would actually be fair enough, except for the fact they’re taken people’s real world money. No refunds, and no SAB for a year and a half now is really pushing it. Not making the new worlds is fair enough, they have other priorities. But leaving already programmed content turned off with virtually no communication while hanging on to everyone’s money isn’t okay.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

That is NOT something unique to ArenaNet.
Every company ever have things plans and every company ever changes those plans.

Would you rather that they always did exactly as they planned and completely ignored everything the community asked for?

EDIT: I forgot a word.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by lordkrall.7241)

Faux.1937

That is something unique to ArenaNet.
Every company ever have things plans and every company ever changes those plans.

Would you rather that they always did exactly as they planned and completely ignored everything the community asked for?

I would like them to keep plans yes. that be very nice, we would have had so MANY more things in game.

Lets see what would we have had…

More Dungeons
More Activities
Pre Crafting
More legendaries
SAB
More Fotms
And loads other things they said

I understand it takes time, but they Redesign what they want all the time, That AMAZING that they get better ideas.. but at this state of the game, there are MANY 1/2 done ideals all over the place… SOME many differences with similar things aswell.

SAB or RIOT