Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: robotosis.4872

robotosis.4872

I think we should be able to trade the infinite continue coin in for gems, since SAB is long gone

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

I purchased the Infinite Continue Coin expecting SAB to be around for a while, or at least more frequent… just to never be able to use it.

If it’s never coming back can I get a gems refund for it?

Most people who have asked for a refund, have been told NO, as SAB might come back 1 day, therefore they will not issue a refund.

Its not coming back, its been the same excuse for years now, gliding shouldn’t affect it, as it should be turned off in SAB, what other possible things could have changed, if you bought the Inf Coin you pretty much lost out, it was shady marketing tactics, if Anet has said when the launched the Inf Coin that, when you buy this, we will be turning SAB off for good, im fairly sure that no one would have bought it,

So please just announce that SAB isn’t coming back, so that we don’t keep asking for it, and allow us to trade the Coin in for something of equal value,

I would hate to think this topic needs moved to reddit to get a real reply.

Several SAB models have been datamined just recently, hinting at the SAB being in the works. Also, there have been changes to the physics of GW2 which have nothing to do with gliding, like the fall dmg fix (when running down a slope) and could very well affect the SAB.

Also, one guy who got stuck in the SAB by mistake before it closed down and has seen it in its current state (not really current but a few months ago) has confirmed it is utterly broken. Missing collision and buggy terrain being just a few of the problems mentioned by that player.

Yeah, the SAB is closed down for a few years now and we want it back. No reason to put on a tinfoil hat and talk about “shady marketing tactics” when there is proof there is indeed enough to be fixed about the SAB. I’d rather have it in a playable state than ANet opening it for the sake of having it open, regardless of whether it’s playable or not.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I don’t think you need to go so far as “shady marketing tactics” to be angry at the handling of the Infinite Continue Coin.

I believe that ANet fully intended for SAB to open again, and their marketing reflected that. But an item bought with real world money has been useless since 2013, and they’ve been refusing to refund it or even apologise for the fact that they clearly haven’t delivered in anything like a reasonable time frame.

In other consumer industries there’d have been apologies, a refund, and probably a discount on future service (think about pizza arriving late). What we’ve had is just not a good way to treat paying customers.

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

I honestly doubt that SAB will ever return if it won’t be released on April 1st. A lot of time has passed between the first post and now. Yet, anything that Anet has to say is “it will return someday”. (obviously not during any LS series or when an xpac is planned). We will have LS3 most likely beginning in April/May.

Posted by: Mantheren.5428

Mantheren.5428

Any minute now right? Gotta be almost playable again.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Reasons why I left the game, mostly in order of importance:
- 75% of my friends already left
- WvW is on life-support, population is critical, GvG guilds left the game anyway
- SAB is never coming back, they just said that to calm people
- PvP balance is a train wreck. Ever since the new trait system there is no build variety
- New professions design was rushed, tempest warhorn is a total letdown
- HoT didn’t have enough new things, was unfinished and wasn’t worth the price tag
- Game turned into grind
- Raids aren’t what we hoped for
- Dungeons are dead because of the lack of rewards
- Fractals still have no ladder and everyone just do swamp to get rid of it
- Visual downgrade of visual effects, Anet breaking things that worked fine

Basically I think the devs or management are mostly focused on the F2p players on the Asian market buying skins on the gem store and aren’t investing or passionate enough about their game to make it as good as it can potentially be.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Still waiting.

Posted by: DirtyT.5129

DirtyT.5129

Here, *extends hand* – take it.. You need not wait alone.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

All aboard. Next stop. The SAB graveyard mega thread!

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

Reasons why I left the game, mostly in order of importance:
- 75% of my friends already left
- WvW is on life-support, population is critical, GvG guilds left the game anyway
- PvP balance is a train wreck. Ever since the new trait system there is no build variety
- New professions design was rushed, tempest warhorn is a total letdown
- HoT didn’t have enough new things, was unfinished and wasn’t worth the price tag
- Game turned into grind
- Raids aren’t what we hoped for
- Dungeons are dead because of the lack of rewards
- Fractals still have no ladder and everyone just do swamp to get rid of it
- Visual downgrade of visual effects, Anet breaking things that worked fine

Basically I think the devs or management are mostly focused on the F2p players on the Asian market buying skins on the gem store and aren’t investing or passionate enough about their game to make it as good as it can potentially be.

For me:

- Game turned into grindy mc’grindfest
- Broken mechanics everwhere allowing people to grief by AFK and still get as much or more rewards
- New professions design was rushed,
- 1 new class was worthless
- Not even one character slot for rebuying the entire game?

I’ll be back for SAB riot 2016 though, and watch devs laugh at us in game again.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

SAB riot 2016

Yes!

D’von! Get the Boombox!

Monkey Fritz.9052

SAB riot 2016

Yes!

D’von! Get the Boombox!

Same time, same place, same channel.
Don’t miss out on the exciting conclusion to: Disappointment, Regret, and General sadness. Will our hero ever be able to enter the box again? Or will we all be kittened over once more? Find out, next time.

(I think I used the last of my Super Box o Fun last year, though.)

EDIT: Oh, 6 left. Might have some fun after all. Be there to be square, or remain rounded and high polygon.

(edited by Monkey Fritz.9052)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

You guys — SAB is coming back. Colin said it. It’s true. This is positive and definite and no I don’t have a date and I know you’d like to have one but that’s not possible but… it’s coming back. Posts that proclaim it’s not coming are not just wrong — they’re dead wrong. Posts that express upset about the coin — while I understand them — will be moot when SAB returns. Which will happen.

All I can say is keep your chin up, because it’s going to happen.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Monkey Fritz.9052

Thank you for the response.
When it does, you’ll have some returning players. 2.5 years is a long kitten time to keep ones chin up. People can drown in much shorter periods of time.

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

Lots of promises, on many wanted parts of the game.

Not much fulfillment.

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

You guys — SAB is coming back. Colin said it. It’s true. This is positive and definite and no I don’t have a date and I know you’d like to have one but that’s not possible but… it’s coming back. Posts that proclaim it’s not coming are not just wrong — they’re dead wrong. Posts that express upset about the coin — while I understand them — will be moot when SAB returns. Which will happen.

Do you at least have a time frame? Like… a few months? 6 months? Before the end of the year? Next year?

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Posted by: KestrelGirl.9267

KestrelGirl.9267

They actually did it. THEY ACTUALLY DID IT.

(edited by KestrelGirl.9267)

Posted by: Mank.2183

Mank.2183

They actually did it. THEY ACTUALLY DID IT.

To be fair they’ve never said it won’t ever return.

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Do you at least have a time frame? Like… a few months? 6 months? Before the end of the year? Next year?

after the next expansion

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

bless you Gaile.

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

SAB incoming winter 2078.

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Considering they said SAB will one day return ages ago makes me question if people ever listen or pay attention to what Anet says/watch any of their podcasts etc.

They said basically now the expansion is out they can work on SAB due to feedback/changes needed to SAB inc movement skills (as they changed too much for sab to work in its current form)

At this point I cant remember the exact podcast/twitch video. (So if someone can link it – fantastic)

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: luminathor.2839

luminathor.2839

Yes but will any of us be alive to see it? When the amount of time spent waiting for a piece of content is measured in YEARS, you’ll excuse us if we call shenanigans.

Posted by: Nexterror.7180

Nexterror.7180

HOT is only a few months old and you are already playing the SAB card? kindda sad.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Yay! I really hope its as good as World 2, I spent 5hrs doing the 3rd Zone Heroic Mode and it was some of the best content GW2 has had – reminded me of Mario and Zelda (from the visual style to the tension and the delight when you completed it – also it gave you solid rewards for doing the Heroic Mode).

Will be great to go back to SAB ^^

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Posts that express upset about the coin — while I understand them — will be moot when SAB returns.

You … ahh… care to tell that to the people that have gotten tired of waiting and left for other games? I know a couple, and I’m pretty sure that for them, it’s what you guys do now that’s moot. Come to think of it, chunks of my friends list being dead now also makes those posts far from moot.

But look, we all know plans change at ANet. That’s how you guys work, right? Iterative development processes, and all that. So, if you’re serious about this, then do us a favor. Get Colin or someone on here to say that one magical word…

“Promise”

Until then, it’s just a plan that’s subject to change.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I knew that this post, dated Sept 30, a year plus a few months ago, was true! I’ve never doubted it!

According to Colin Johanson, Guild Wars 2 Game Director, Super Adventure Box will be back in the future. We don’t have a timeframe for the return of the SAB, but we will be bringing back this popular content.

I know you would like more details, more info, a date, etc., but that’s not available right now. I hope the above comment reassures you, though, because at the core, the important answer is that yes, SAB will be back in the future.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: MorganOneNine.1025

MorganOneNine.1025

Posts that express upset about the coin — while I understand them — will be moot when SAB returns.

Mmm, that’s not entirely accurate… You’re making the assumption that ALL the people that have been complaining will still be playing the game if/when SAB returns. Let’s face it, at this point that’s not likely at all.

If someone spent money on the coin, fully expecting to be able to use it, and then quits playing before SAB comes back—for whatever reason—their anger in having wasted that money is absolutely NOT moot because they’ll still out the money spent on the item without ever getting to use it, since they’re no longer playing. “Eventually” does that crowd exactly zero ounce of good.

(Keep in mind this is coming from someone who neither purchased the coin nor really cares much about SAB. I’m just pointing out a shortcoming in your logic for the sake of discussion.)

(edited by MorganOneNine.1025)

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

BEST NEWS I’VE HEARD FOR AGES!!!! <3

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Posted by: Sera Phrim.9041

Sera Phrim.9041

Took them a year to reply. Nice.

Lets complain about a class about being too OP and then get them nerfed for no reason.

Posted by: Kazeshini.8210

Kazeshini.8210

Can you please make SAB stay there permanently so I can farm all the weapon skins

Posted by: Kitta.3657

Kitta.3657

went from “it could come back in the future” to “it is coming back in the future”

not much to fuss about really

mouth too blunt, truth too loud

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

But will there be a GW2 by that time to support it?

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

I mean it’s not something they needed to repeat or need to repeat ad nauseam. Pay attention and you’d know they already said this.

It’s not a priority… just in case you needed someone to tell you that. I love SAB. It’s great, I played it to the point of exhaustion.

I have a bunch of the awesome skins, great times with friends. The day it comes back will be a fantastic day. But you know?

Major features and the actual game do and should take precedence over SAB. Some of you might have a problem.

SAB was fun, but this obsession some folks have for it is kinda silly.

Posted by: Bruder Bruno.2406

Bruder Bruno.2406

I am looking forward for the comeback.

I also don’t need new content in it. I just want to see SAB again. New Content in it would be nice but I would definitly love to see ist back even without new Content.

So i hope maybe SAB with the old content may comeback soon for a week or two but even if not im staying here and wait for SAB.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Posts that express upset about the coin — while I understand them — will be moot when SAB returns. Which will happen.

Ummm… The coins were bought in September 2013. I really don’t think “moot” is an appropriate description of customer complaints regarding this kind of wait on a service they paid real world money for.

Can you imagine if another consumer industry handled complaints like this? Heck, waiting longer than 28 days for a product you’ve paid for is often grounds for an apology and some kind of compensation. Even if SAB came out today, we’ve been waiting for two and a half years.

Posted by: Frediosz.2718

Frediosz.2718

This statement sounds like all those promises of all religions that were, are and will be created by humans about place called “haven”, “hunting grounds”, “hades”, “paradise”, “valhalla” and even “mother-ship” or “Kansas”

I will believe in it when i’ll see it.

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Gaile, why must you do this… to us and to yourself. I am having a huge feeling of déjà vu right now. Oh wait, that’s because this has actually happened before, twice in fact, March 10th and October 1st going back this topic in order (note: forum software not showing year on the post dates is annoying).

I mean it is nice that there are statements form ArenaNet staff on the matter, and I know you probably mean well, but trying to reinforce this point like this (ie. with nothing new) will probably have the opposite to the desired effect on people at this point.

Personally, I can’t help but to feel as if the people that still, after all these years, check back on this topic every so often are simply being led on and on with nothing to show for it.

It is not that I think this is your intent, however, that is how it will end up being like until someone over there makes a commitment that is more than a vague sometime in the indeterminate future. Why? Because until that happens and it actually has a slot on the road map… it will simply never happen, or it might as well be the same thing anyways.

Every state of the game blog and every quarterly update (or whatever the official term is these days for stuff that is not living story) that doesn’t imply SAB in some way will only mean that there was something more important that took all the resources for live update content development… and it is simply a self-repeating cycle forevermore. When living story will be thing again there will be even less of a chance for this cycle to break.

TL;DR: Despite what you say, SAB will remain in the vicious cycle of being second class citizen and be edged out by everything else, before it actually has a release window, because without such a commitment there will always be something that you already announced that takes priority.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

went from “it could come back in the future” to “it is coming back in the future”

not much to fuss about really

It actually went from “it’s coming back at some point in the future, but there’s no time frame” to “it’s coming back at some point in the future, but there’s still no time frame.”

People have claimed that because of datamining, SAB is just around the corner, for at least two years. Even in the wake of the revelation that SAB had not been touched since they sold the ICC, people were emphatically certain that it was going to be back. It’s a really tired claim, at this point.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Mmm, that’s not entirely accurate… You’re making the assumption that ALL the people that have been complaining will still be playing the game if/when SAB returns. Let’s face it, at this point that’s not likely at all.

If someone spent money on the coin, fully expecting to be able to use it, and then quits playing before SAB comes back—for whatever reason—their anger in having wasted that money is absolutely NOT moot because they’ll still out the money spent on the item without ever getting to use it, since they’re no longer playing. “Eventually” does that crowd exactly zero ounce of good.

(Keep in mind this is coming from someone who neither purchased the coin nor really cares much about SAB. I’m just pointing out a shortcoming in your logic for the sake of discussion.)

You can come back to the game at any time since there’s no subscription fee, so it’s moot.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Gaile, thank you for your reply and please forgive our pessimistic attitude and often unjustified excess of cynicism. Guild Wars 2 has been and is still an amazing game, but many of the things that were dear to us were removed and we just would like to play them again for the sake of nostalgia. We’re not even asking for new SAB levels here, we just want to play what was already made, again.

That said you guys have an habit of having people working on stuff that apparently never see the light of day, which is why I recently lost hope.

For example WvW (was my favorite game mode but “moved on” about 1 month ago):
Over 2 years ago Devon Carter said this about the WvW Orbs (direct quote):

“We really want to bring back the orbs in some form or another, but it is a complicated thing and so there is no timeline, nor are there specifics as to what form they would take when they return. We have top people working on it! But I can’t give you anything more than that, as there is nothing more to give.”

Now what are we suppose to think when you guys have “top people” working on stuff we never see? You also promised borderlands rotations when HoT would come out but then that was delayed and it looks like it’s never going to happen as we’re stuck with many huge empty borderland maps that could hold 10 times the whole WvW population.

If you would just do like other companies do, like release screenshots of what you are working on with SAB it would go a HUGE way into comforting the community and stimulating positive and more constructive communications.

Thanks again,

I’ve learned to be patient, moved on, and will be back when SAB and WvW overhaul are released. Sorry again if I was in any way responsible for you having to reply.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Thanks for your kind instincts, Xillllix. No worries about your comments or anyone else’s, really.

But let me explain a bit: I wanted to post because by doing so, players who may not have seen a “red post” for a while will be assured that we are actively reading and responding to this question, and that there are no changes in our plans to bring back this well-loved element of the game.

It might be an easy assumption to say “It’s not here today (or it’s not been here in XXX days) therefore it’s never coming.” But that’s truly inaccurate. So an update seems worthwhile, just to remind forum members of our plans for the future.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Here, *extends hand* – take it.. You need not wait alone.

That was beautiful. This right here is what builds community. SAB builds community.

Attachments:

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Is this the right place for giving a thumbs down for SAB? :P
It would be worse than the Wintersday update if that was the only content in the update …

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

Thanks for your kind instincts, Xillllix. No worries about your comments or anyone else’s, really.

But let me explain a bit: I wanted to post because by doing so, players who may not have seen a “red post” for a while will be assured that we are actively reading and responding to this question, and that there are no changes in our plans to bring back this well-loved element of the game.

It might be an easy assumption to say “It’s not here today (or it’s not been here in XXX days) therefore it’s never coming.” But that’s truly inaccurate. So an update seems worthwhile, just to remind forum members of our plans for the future.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

For me, I don’t care if it comes back or not – I didn’t like the content.

With that said, it’ll probably show up someday. Some year. The sad thing is there are probably thousands of people who wasted their money on that continue coin who have left the game over the last few years. Anet is laughing all the way to the bank on those folks.

Its a race now, will SAB get here or a meaningful fix to the disastrous changes to WvW?

SBI

Posted by: Teennine.3901

Teennine.3901

Whenever it ends up coming back, me and my friends will be happy to play it again.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

The problem is gaile, in saying “sometime in the future” that seems to sting with the community (because, we hear it all the time).

SAB – “coming back sometime in the future”
Tribal armor and other armors from Spvp awards – “sometime in the future”

when its been YEARS.

I know going with time constraints is a bad idea, but saying something like:
“Maybe sometime in the next 3 months”, and then when that time passes “sorry, didnt get to it, extension of maybe in next X months”. At least that signals “hey, we didn’t forget about it, we just didn’t have time, had to bump it back, looking to implement again still.”

It would at least alleviate the whole “anet has forgotten about it” idea.

Also note, saying “hopefully, looking to try, etc” isn’t promising anything. So you shouldn’t have to worry about people saying “but you promised!!” (they’ll still do it anyway of course).

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

forum bug fix

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

But that’s just misleading. Just quickly skimmed through the past 10 months in this thread and I saw no red posts. So maybe your post here will do something to assure new players that you’re reading, but the “and responding” seems to be just plain false. What did we know before your post? SAB will be coming back sometime, we don’t know when. What do we know after your post? SAB will be coming back sometime, we don’t know when. To me, that’s not a response. That’s repetitive. That’s simply a reiteration of knowledge that we already have. Nothing new is provided. I guess in the most technical of senses, it’s a response, but barely.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer