Elite Specializations & Hero Point Feedback [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Sure it’s not impossible, just annoying as heck. There should be an alternative

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Sidenti.6035

Sidenti.6035

Sure it’s not impossible, just annoying as heck. There should be an alternative

Sell ’em in the Gem Store. 800 Gems = 1 point.

Posted by: Brtiva.9721

Brtiva.9721

Maybe an HP respec would soften the blow for some?

I have seen this suggestion as well and it think it might, but…there is still the possibility that one will need to have every core specialization and all core skills etc, unlocked. So a reset in that case will do little. The HP would have be spent to unlock them all anyway, putting people back where they started, so to speak. They either would have the extra HPs or not.

We just don’t know how it’s going to be :/

Personally I am hoping it just requires enough HPs and that amount will not be punishing, since the one profession I want the new specialization for…I am just not going to run through much game play with. I hate playing it as it is and if more than gaining some HPs is needed, I just cannot drag that character through it. If it isn’t fun for me, I am not interested.

Posted by: Sarif.1827

Sarif.1827

Until I see the UI, or a Dev Post stating clear as day, the exact number.. I wouldn’t fret to much over it.

Leader and Founder of the Shattered Sky Community.
Guild Leader of Covenant of the First Flame [Soul].

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

I’m going to guess that it won’t involve Hero Points at all.

No matter what the number, many people would unlock the specs on day one, and I don’t think ANet wants that. Also, so far we have seen no Hero Challenges in Verdant Brink. So if we will unlock the specs by ‘overcoming challenges’ in the new maps, it can’t be Hero Points.

Posted by: Togo.7094

Togo.7094

Grind the xp out or go gather the hero points in open world. 2 alternatives right there.

Posted by: Gruocs.3412

Gruocs.3412

Grind the xp out or go gather the hero points in open world. 2 alternatives right there.

Do you realise that you don’t get hero point when you lvl up?

Hexagonis [HeX]

Posted by: Sidenti.6035

Sidenti.6035

Do you realise that you don’t get hero point when you lvl up?

You do at certain points before hitting max.

Posted by: Gruocs.3412

Gruocs.3412

You do when you’re not maxed out, but once you max out you don’t and you wont have enough HP’s to get your specialization

Hexagonis [HeX]

Sarif.1827

… this whole “Doing Hero Points in Open world is blah! We need alternate means!!” thing is … well… a double standard.

PvE’ers had to deal with running around WvW for Map completion… and you didn’t hear anyone demanding for an alternate means.

PvE’ers have to sPvP to get skins that are no where else in the game, yet you don’t hear us protesting.

Now, finally… there is something WORTH doing PvE for, and you guys are rioting like this is somehow the end of the kittening world.

Get over it, Grow Up, and Get used to it… Anet has this kitten about forcing people into content they don’t want to do on the off chance it might make you play longer and net Anet, and their overlords at NCsoft, more of your money.

This isn’t going away as long as it effects the bottom line.

It’s boring yes, to run around and collect Hero Points, but it’s not like there is anything stopping you like a enemy zerg or a Door, or a Gate or some Min’Maxed kitten using the bugs in his class to one shot you. Yes there is no challenge, its a time commitment, and one Anet is happy to saddle you with… in case you haven’t noticed that seems to be the big thing about this HoTs. It’s called “End Game Content”.

Togo.7094

Wiki says there are 611 or 612 depending on if you have the krait shard. So they are finite and you are going to have to suck it up and go collect them then.

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

If players wanna “lvl” their characters via 5k tomes, fine by me, but don’t demand everything. Elite specs should not be easy to unlock.

I for one would not wanna see every “n00b” unlocking the elite spec of his class in 5 seconds…

First you don’t wanna “grind” for exotic armor, then you don’t wanna “grind” for Hero Points, then…

I’m sorry you can’t have it all from the moment you logged in. This is not an FPS game. It’s extremely casual friendly as it is already, don’t ridicule it…

This attitude is very anti-WvW. Many of us leveled our characters in WvW and have characters that are pretty much exclusive to WvW. There should be a way to obtain hero points in WvW. Not to mention it’s going to be hell for those with tons of alts.

I find it weird that Anet said in the last Guild Chat that they understand doing certain things like world exploration over and over again on alts is a huge chore. That is the reason they eliminated it from the requirements for the new legendaries. But here they are making things miserable with this 170 point hero point requirement to unlock elite specs. If I have to do that on my main, fine I’ll do it. But having to do it for every single alt character is very miserable.

170?? what the …. Are you ……. serious? My main is ok, but there is no way I’m running through pve maps again with the rest of my 4 alts to achieve 680 hero points.

haha, and that doesn’t even include the optional armor things for each spec. That brings it up to something like 250 hp according to the data mine. But at least that stuff isn’t necessary. But yeah, the 170 is to get the elite spec alone which is pretty outrageous. If it was account bound I don’t think I’d mind, but it isn’t. So you have to run around on each character. AND that’s not the only thing, rumor has it you might have to do some kind of collection thing in pve first before even being able to put hero points toward your elite. Though I think that’s heavy speculation because someone noticed some sort of elite spec collection during beta. And because they said this in their final countdown post:

“overcoming challenges in the jungle to unlock your elite specialization”

So that makes it sound like not only do we have to deal with hero points, but some other thing as well. -_-

That would be interesting. If all of your characters could contribute HPs. I have about 850 HPs between all my characters but none are at the 170 (and the 250 is impossible).

What constantly annoys me are the ‘170 HPs are not big deal’ people. Sure, if you foolishly unlocked all of the skills and traits when given the exact # of HPs to do so and before the 170 was datamined. Or maybe if you have every single HP in the game. HPs basically come in two varieties: ‘this is boring but I will need to grind it on all my characters anyway’ or ‘we who are about to die several times (and still be bored) salute you’.

I have 170 hero points just from playing the game. What are you doing so completely wrong that you’re having a hard time getting hero points?

No, really. This I gotta hear.

Played WvW 99.9 % of our game time ? I’m willing to bet those WvW players put in twice as much game time as the average PvE hero, just because you may not enjoy or do not play a mode doesn’t mean you should be left out of an integral part of the game. Now if the Specialization had no baring on WvW and could not be used in WvW then fine but they are very much an integral part of that game mode. SPvP from what I understand is just having it handed to them because of how that mode works which is fine, but why is WvW constantly left out of the fold ? Those are Anet’s true die hard loyal customers many of which spend obscene amounts of time in game, we don’t just run a dungeon or do our dailies and log out.

So to answer your question, we don’t have the means within WvW to obtain all those points, why are you so against players enjoying the game in a mode they like, being on par with everyone else ? It’s not like WvW was a player fabricated game mode.

For people like yourself I would love it if Anet stripped Lengendaries, Specializations, Revenants, and any part of the game that you would enjoy, out of PvE and made it WvW exclusive to obtain, maybe then you would be singing a completely different tune and not be so ignorant to others enjoyment.

Swagger.1459

@sarif

You’re so silly, of course there was a ton of feedback and requests to change those things.

It’s ok to breathe buddy, it’s only feedback.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Togo.7094

Enjoy what you want. Just don’t whine when what you enjoy doesn’t give you everything.

Posted by: Eldbrand Charging.8902

Eldbrand Charging.8902

If players wanna “lvl” their characters via 5k tomes, fine by me, but don’t demand everything. Elite specs should not be easy to unlock.

I for one would not wanna see every “n00b” unlocking the elite spec of his class in 5 seconds…

First you don’t wanna “grind” for exotic armor, then you don’t wanna “grind” for Hero Points, then…

I’m sorry you can’t have it all from the moment you logged in. This is not an FPS game. It’s extremely casual friendly as it is already, don’t ridicule it…

This attitude is very anti-WvW. Many of us leveled our characters in WvW and have characters that are pretty much exclusive to WvW. There should be a way to obtain hero points in WvW. Not to mention it’s going to be hell for those with tons of alts.

I find it weird that Anet said in the last Guild Chat that they understand doing certain things like world exploration over and over again on alts is a huge chore. That is the reason they eliminated it from the requirements for the new legendaries. But here they are making things miserable with this 170 point hero point requirement to unlock elite specs. If I have to do that on my main, fine I’ll do it. But having to do it for every single alt character is very miserable.

170?? what the …. Are you ……. serious? My main is ok, but there is no way I’m running through pve maps again with the rest of my 4 alts to achieve 680 hero points.

haha, and that doesn’t even include the optional armor things for each spec. That brings it up to something like 250 hp according to the data mine. But at least that stuff isn’t necessary. But yeah, the 170 is to get the elite spec alone which is pretty outrageous. If it was account bound I don’t think I’d mind, but it isn’t. So you have to run around on each character. AND that’s not the only thing, rumor has it you might have to do some kind of collection thing in pve first before even being able to put hero points toward your elite. Though I think that’s heavy speculation because someone noticed some sort of elite spec collection during beta. And because they said this in their final countdown post:

So that makes it sound like not only do we have to deal with hero points, but some other thing as well. -_-

That would be interesting. If all of your characters could contribute HPs. I have about 850 HPs between all my characters but none are at the 170 (and the 250 is impossible).

What constantly annoys me are the ‘170 HPs are not big deal’ people. Sure, if you foolishly unlocked all of the skills and traits when given the exact # of HPs to do so and before the 170 was datamined. Or maybe if you have every single HP in the game. HPs basically come in two varieties: ‘this is boring but I will need to grind it on all my characters anyway’ or ‘we who are about to die several times (and still be bored) salute you’.

I have 170 hero points just from playing the game. What are you doing so completely wrong that you’re having a hard time getting hero points?

Played WvW 99.9 % of our game time ? I’m willing to bet those WvW players put in twice as much game time as the average PvE hero, just because you may not enjoy or do not play a mode doesn’t mean you should be left out of an integral part of the game. Now if the Specialization had no baring on WvW and could not be used in WvW then fine but they are very much an integral part of that game mode. SPvP from what I understand is just having it handed to them because of how that mode works which is fine, but why is WvW constantly left out of the fold ? Those are Anet’s true die hard loyal customers many of which spend obscene amounts of time in game, we don’t just run a dungeon or do our dailies and log out.

So to answer your question, we don’t have the means within WvW to obtain all those points, why are you so against players enjoying the game in a mode they like, being on par with everyone else ? It’s not like WvW was a player fabricated game mode.

For people like yourself I would love it if Anet stripped Lengendaries, Specializations, Revenants, and any part of the game that you would enjoy, out of PvE and made it WvW exclusive to obtain, maybe then you would be singing a completely different tune and not be so ignorant to others enjoyment.

And without the PvE crowd paying for the game you would not have a WvW to play, then you would be singing a diffrent tune :-)

Swagger.1459

@sarif

Sunrise, and the two kitten years it took RNG to give me Dawn.

Condi Clears and heals pouring out of every button push

So the end finally comes to my Guardian of 3 years… My one and Only lv 80 Toon.

/salutewithhonor

As a Guardian for the last 3 years, I was ready to set down my ankh, and try out a different profession…

I was VERY voical on the Rev forms about Brutal Blade and along with others, it got changed.

I suggest making noise. Lots and lots of noise. But polity.

No need to be rude or anything.

Guard, Sword, Auto #3, Sword Wave – Change it from a projectile to a persistent stab like Mai Trin!

It’s nice to know that you only have 1 level 80 character and that you prefer to insult player feedback on this matter, but yet say stuff like the bolded above…

Players are entitled to their feedback especially when they have a heck of a lot more level 80 characters than you.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Random.4691

And without the PvE crowd paying for the game you would not have a WvW to play, then you would be singing a diffrent tune :-)

Thats quite the assumption you have there, WvW players spend just as much on the gem shop. Do you honestly believe we don’t buy costumes, makeovers, Salvo Matics, Weapon skins, and lets not for get the largest one that PvE players do not need nor use … Gems for server transfers.

Your Welcome for providing the funds for PvE.

(edited by Random.4691)

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

I don’t want to complete it at all, been playing since beta, have all classes to 80, most are less then 10% map completion. I have no desire to wander around doing the joke that is open world PvE in this game.

Pretty much.

I have 23 level 80s and I’m really not looking forward to the task ahead given 95% of my time is spent in PvP and WvW.

If they could make alternative methods of acquisition via WvW & PvP i think it would be reasonable.

PvP will be auto unlocked like everything else in PvP.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

… this whole “Doing Hero Points in Open world is blah! We need alternate means!!” thing is … well… a double standard.

PvE’ers had to deal with running around WvW for Map completion… and you didn’t hear anyone demanding for an alternate means.

Um, yes there WAS tons of protesting. Not sure where you were that you didn’t notice it. Why do you think Anet went and REMOVED WvW from map completion?

And it’s not just WvW. Anyone with many alts is going to have an issue with this. Oh and as for your “get over it, it’s not going to change attitude” well you are wrong. It can most definitely change. Do you remember the original Hero point and core spec unlock plans Anet had? The one where if you were level 80 you would NOT have everything unlocked (even if you had it unlocked before the big change) and you would be forced to get at least 60 hero points to unlock even your core specs? The system that many WvW and althololics protested about? Yeah, that got changed. So, you bet if enough people are unhappy about this, they might change it.

Sure, it is totally possible they won’t change it. HoT is just around the corner. But if there is enough feedback on the issue maybe they will.

(edited by xarallei.4279)

Togo.7094

I have several alts and don’t care

Swagger.1459

Um, yes there WAS tons of protesting. Not sure where you were that you didn’t notice it. Why do you think Anet went and REMOVED WvW from map completion?

And it’s not just WvW. Anyone with many alts is going to have an issue with this.

Meanwhile, (s)he only has 1 lvl 80 character and is going to fast track Revenant with tomes to bypass NPE stuff… “Double standard” perhaps?

Posted by: Daralii.8940

Daralii.8940

I can’t see it being 250 when, from what we’ve seen, you don’t get hero points in the HoT maps(or at least Verdant Brink), and they intend to add another 2+ elite specs for every class. They’d have to add another 500 between now and then.

xarallei.4279

And it’s not just WvW. Anyone with many alts is going to have an issue with this.

Meanwhile, (s)he only has 1 lvl 80 character and is going to fast track Revenant with tomes to bypass NPE stuff… “Double standard” perhaps?

Exactly. I have many alts, most that I’ve leveled and played in WvW. Going through getting 170 hp for each alt is going to be a terrible experience and it goes against the very things Anet mentioned in their latest Guild Chat. They outright recognized that it’s not fun doing stuff like world completion over and over again on alts. So they should recognize the issue here too.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Actually, oh, moving on to another map to have fun with rather than spending all my time grinding out everything in a map just so I can say I did everything in it? Yes, I said grind, which is what it is. Take an easy one, like the morgan’s spiral flower in caledon forest: if you consider that ‘challenging’, even for low level chars, you are probably in the wrong game.

I have 8 characters currently and have plans for many more. Doing the same exact things with each of them is about as much fun as farming. I prefer to give each one area of the map to ‘specialize’ in. Sure, I make sure to give each of them as many WPs in other zones as possible, but absolutely none of my characters ‘specializes’ in the whole world.

Sarif.1827

@sarif

You’re so silly, of course there was a ton of feedback and requests to change those things.

It’s just the hypocrisy and the double standards being tossed around… It’s a pet pevee if you will.

It is a pain in the kitten to deal with game-modes you rather have nothing to do with, for me, those game modes include anything remotely related to Player vs. Player combat, I just have no interest in fighting other players.

But, Anet has forced us to do it if we want certain things… And clearly hasn’t back down from this stance. So if that is the case, Why should WvW’ers get special treatment?

Swagger.1459

@sarif

It’s just the hypocrisy and the double standards being tossed around… It’s a pet pevee if you will.

It is a pain in the kitten to deal with game-modes you rather have nothing to do with, for me, those game modes include anything remotely related to Player vs. Player combat, I just have no interest in fighting other players.

But, Anet has forced us to do it if we want certain things… And clearly hasn’t back down from this stance. So if that is the case, Why should WvW’ers get special treatment?

I don’t think you should use the words hypocrisy or double standard. I’d suggest reading below this comment you replied to before commenting again and attempting to insult players providing feedback.

xarallei.4279

@sarif

There is a HUGE difference between optional fluff skin items and something that deals with core gameplay for your character. I totally believe Anet should lock skins and minis to certain content to provide incentives. Because at the end of the day, that’s optional. Something like elite specs or stat gear like ascended though? No, that should really be available through multiple avenues.

Sarif.1827

It’s nice to know that you only have 1 level 80 character and that you prefer to insult player feedback on this matter, but yet say stuff like the bolded above…

Players are entitled to their feedback especially when they have a heck of a lot more level 80 characters than you.

I do apologize if I offended or seem to be attacking you. Just because I decided to not be an alt-fanatic doesn’t mean mine or anyone else’s feedback is any more-or-less important.

What does having more than one level 80 toon got to do with this? How does having one of every class at 80 make you any more or less informed then me? At the start of the game maybe this might have been the case, but this game is three years old already. There are more than enough videos, wikis, guides and other resources out there so anyone can learn all they need to know going forward.

Do I have to do as much work as you do to “unlock” my character’s full power? No, but then again, having different toons and wanting to keep them all competitive should mean you get to put in twice, three times, <Insert number of toons here> times the amount of work that I have chosen to do. This also means you have more options at your disposal and the cost for this, in this game, is Time.

My biggest problem with Threads like this are all the demands for double standards and the emotional arguments about how it’s “Not how we want to play, new options need to be put into the game just for us.”

I dislike PvP a LOT… yet, there is no alternative way for me to get a HoTs Legendary then to PvP both in WvW and sPvP.

There is no way for me to get certain achievements or titles other than to PvP.

Because that is how Anet has set up the game.

Why shouldn’t there be some PvE only rewards? Because you and others don’t want to deal with it?

Which brings me to this:

There is a HUGE difference between optional fluff skin items and something that deals with core gameplay for your character. I totally believe Anet should lock skins and minis to certain content to provide incentives. Because at the end of the day, that’s optional. Something like elite specs or stat gear like ascended though? No, that should really be available through multiple avenues.

This is a valid point, and a good one at that. My only argument to this would be…

The Elite Specs and Ascended Gear are not a part of the “core” aspects of the professions.

While they certainly help a great deal, and offer new and interesting powers we haven’t had yet, it is not considered a “core” aspect. Because they are not “core” aspects, then that means they are “optional” aspects, which as you pointed out… are locked behind content to provide incentives to play other game modes.

So then the argument boils down to: “What is a Core Feature of the Characters?” and I think that can be answered by asking “What do Free-Players have access to?” Anything not on that list, Which includes most of the HoTs content, at least in my opinion is optional content.

I am open to any arguments that would stress otherwise.

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

I do apologize if I offended or seem to be attacking you. Just because I decided to not be an alt-fanatic doesn’t mean mine or anyone else’s feedback is any more-or-less important.

What does having more than one level 80 toon got to do with this? How does having one of every class at 80 make you any more or less informed then me? At the start of the game maybe this might have been the case, but this game is three years old already. There are more than enough videos, wikis, guides and other resources out there so anyone can learn all they need to know going forward.

Do I have to do as much work as you do to “unlock” my character’s full power? No, but then again, having different toons and wanting to keep them all competitive should mean you get to put in twice, three times, <Insert number of toons here> times the amount of work that I have chosen to do. This also means you have more options at your disposal and the cost for this, in this game, is Time.

My biggest problem with Threads like this are all the demands for double standards and the emotional arguments about how it’s “Not how we want to play, new options need to be put into the game just for us.”

I dislike PvP a LOT… yet, there is no alternative way for me to get a HoTs Legendary then to PvP both in WvW and sPvP.

Why shouldn’t there be some PvE only rewards? Because you and others don’t want to deal with it?

Which brings me to this:

This is a valid point, and a good one at that. My only argument to this would be…

The Elite Specs and Ascended Gear are not a part of the “core” aspects of the professions.

While they certainly help a great deal, and offer new and interesting powers we haven’t had yet, it is not considered a “core” aspect. Because they are not “core” aspects, then that means they are “optional” aspects, which as you pointed out… are locked behind content to provide incentives to play other game modes.

So then the argument boils down to: “What is a Core Feature of the Characters?” and I think that can be answered by asking “What do Free-Players have access to?” Anything not on that list, Which includes most of the HoTs content, at least in my opinion is optional content.

It certainly is core to certain professions, for example necromancer is getting a MASSIVE boost compared to what is necro now in pve terms. Or chronomancer for example is a massive boost from mesmer

From a speed clear perspective in PvE you need them

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

I have 17 lv. 80 toons, soon to be 19. I have 1 character with map completion/all hero points. Most of my time is spent in WvW. What ever happened to ‘play the way you want’? I’ll gladly complete every last bit of HoT PvE ONCE. After that, I’ll be sorely annoyed if I have to grind PvE ‘n00b hero timewasters challenges’ on all my alts.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Simplest solution is to allow us to buy hero points with spirit shards.

Or WvW rank points. They have downgraded that particular currency by making it cost much less to max your WvW skills, leaving many unused points.

Kaiser.9873

@sarif

The ONLY thing I can think of that any PvE player has to enter WvW for is the Gift of Battle, and that only if you wanted to make a legendary. And it’s only 500 marks, which you could earn in a few days easily in the PvE-centric EotM. WvW players have to enter PvE-land for virtually EVERYTHING. Now with the new legendaries the PvP/WvW items will be tradeable so PvE players never ever have to enter WvW/PvP.

Want mats for food and oils? PvE-land
Want gold for upgrades? PvE-land
Enough mats to make ascended to keep up with the Joneses? PvE-land
Now; Want to unlock elite spec? PvE-land, and for long periods of time.

(edited by Kaiser.9873)

Togo.7094

Everything is an exaggeration. Wvw has nodes for farming as well as materials that drop plus you can salvage and use laurels there as well. Only thing from your small list is the elite spec that will “force” you into pve land.

Kaiser.9873

Everything is an exaggeration. Wvw has nodes for farming as well as materials that drop plus you can salvage and use laurels there as well. Only thing from your small list is the elite spec that will “force” you into pve land.

Haven’t played alot of WvW have you? Seriously the mat nodes in any WvW map are few and far between, especially for anything useful. Laurels? Yeah sure, How many laurels does it take for an ascended zerker GS? I can and do get most of my mats through WvW bags, but that is completely hit and miss.

Now perhaps I misspoke a bit. Sure I could get “nearly” everything I needed through WvW. It might take a month or so to grind the items needed for a night or two of WvW, but hey happy tradeoff there.

Menadena.7482

Am I the only one that cringes that anet called the new specs ‘elites’?

It seems some people want to think of them as 1337 or something (sorry for non-english speakers not getting the reference, just substitute ‘superior’ or ‘stuck up’). Umm, no, they are basically sub-categorizations as you are defining them as a mod to a key mechanic. They are just like defining any other type of build by what trait lines you are using.

Togo.7094

Current wvw rank is 651. Is that a lot? It takes 5 laurels and 3 gold for that recipe.

Kaiser.9873

Current wvw rank is 651. Is that a lot? It takes 5 laurels and 3 gold for that recipe.

It’s really not, and I was speaking of materials not the recipe.

Togo.7094

Then it takes 0. However this is off topic now. My thoughts are if you want the hero points to unlock the elite spec go put on your big boy pants and go get them.

Menadena.7482

Then it takes 0. However this is off topic now. My thoughts are if you want the hero points to unlock the elite spec go put on your big boy pants and go get them.

No can do ….

(edited by Menadena.7482)

xarallei.4279

Anything that affects gameplay and gives an advantage to other people is not really optional. And let’s be honest here, if you’ve played any of the elite specs you would be hard pressed to say some of them don’t give huge advantages. The existence of these specs will effect WvW dramatically and as such there should be a valid way to get hero points in WvW. It’s very different from an optional fluff skin which doesn’t affect anything. There is simply no comparison here.

Now maybe some of the elites simply need nerfs or the core specs need buffs to fix this, but as it is there is a huge problem. But honestly, what on earth do you have against there being multiple ways of getting elite specs? Again, this doesn’t even just affect WvW folks, this is a problem for people with many alts as well.

This hero point system is boring as hell. There has to be a better (more fun) way of letting people get elite specs. A special class quest line or something. Anything. I think even with my WvW alts, I would be down for an interesting class questline to unlock the elite specs.

(edited by xarallei.4279)

Togo.7094

And where would said questline take place?

Posted by: Aidan.2301

Aidan.2301

Anet – 23/10/15 :

- “Whops, sorry that you farmed all those hero points, it wasn’t intended that way.”

- “Here, we’ll fix it.”

- “And thanks for pre-ordering and populating old PVE zones for F2Players, btw.”

Signed : Head of Veteran Players Community Exploitation

Swagger.1459

Which brings me to this:

Well if you had more than one 80 then you would understand. If you were a wvwer with a ton of different characters made specifically for wvw then you would understand.

You jump into the tread insulting players about feedback just because you don’t see a problem. You have every right to argue against and provided counter points, but you don’t diminish someone else’s feedback.

It’s hypocritical of you to clamor for Revenant changes because that’s next in line to be your number 2 lvl 80 that you are using tomes to bypass the NPE, but have the nerve to insult players who invest a heck of a lot more than you with all their 5-10-15-20-25…. Lvl 80 characters who maybe are made for wvw and have no interest in slogging around maps for 20 hours per character to unlock a part of their profession.

So you are allowed to provide feedback and use a speedy method to unlock your precious Revenant to bypass NPE, but you have an issue with other players providing feedback so they can use alternative methods to unlock their elites to avoid an extreme annoyance. That’s called double standard…

Again, players are asking for alternatives, not freebies so cut back on the self righteousness. Also, the optional legendary grind that was self imposed and your distain for pvp really shines through in your “anti-alternative” augment and insults, so stop being childish and start providing constructive counterpoints instead. And your optional legendary grind in no way compares to players gaining access to core profession stuff that is used in a competitive environment such as wvw, raids and high level fractals.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Random.4691

Just give us WvW hero points for capturing objectives.
Camps 1 Point
Towers 2 Points
Keeps 3 Points
Castle 4 Points

If we’re honest giving points per capture would actually be harder then running around and interacting with a node, or killing a mob or two. You could take the same objective over and over to farm the points because the Guards the protect the objetive may not be overly tough but they are most definitely stronger than any Hero Point PvE Mob. If you’re worried about WvW farming to many points put a cap on players, once you get 170 or 200 or whatever is equal to the amount you can obtain from PvE then you can’t obtain anymore until such a time that a new spec is released.

I’m sure some PvE players will think this gives us a benefit over them, but that’s because they are uninformed. We have Guards and enemy players to deal with so it could actually be harder or more challenging for a WvW player to get all the points.

The above numbers are just an example of how many HP we could receive per objective so don’t get to focused on those numbers they are just an example.

Swagger.1459

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Note that the article mentions hero points in Maguuma that WvWers can gain for a higher price than Pact Tyria ones.

Ergo HP will be in the jungle.

Ergo the high HP numbers datamined to be needed may be accurate.

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Note that the article mentions hero points in Maguuma that WvWers can gain for a higher price than Pact Tyria ones.

Ergo HP will be in the jungle.

Ergo the high HP numbers datamined to be needed may be accurate.

But again… note the much higher price for the Magumma ones in WvW. Only makes sense if they are more valuable in some way than the regular Tyria HP challenges. Could possibly be that one Magumma Hero challenge gives more HPs than an equivalent Tyria one. Makes sense in a way since they do want to encourage exploration of the new map.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Hero Points are intended to be a finite resource. That is specifically why all excess skill points were converted into spirit shards. If any options were provided that allows hero points to effectively be bought, by repeated activity, they would no longer be finite and that would defeat the design intent of the new system.

Yes, this “hurts” those who only care about game modes that aren’t open world PvE. Too bad. Open world PvE is what the game is designed around. So suck it up and rush through it, or don’t play an elite spec.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Swagger.1459

Hero Points are intended to be a finite resource. That is specifically why all excess skill points were converted into spirit shards. If any options were provided that allows hero points to effectively be bought, by repeated activity, they would no longer be finite and that would defeat the design intent of the new system.

Yes, this “hurts” those who only care about game modes that aren’t open world PvE. Too bad. Open world PvE is what the game is designed around. So suck it up and rush through it, or don’t play an elite spec.

Are you generally late to parties?

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Are you generally late to parties?

Apparently…
As Maxwell Smart used to say, “Missed it by that much.”

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker