Pick me a class I should play.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Space Gandhi.3678

Space Gandhi.3678

I like all the professions in GW2 and it is really hard for me to choose.

I used to play Mabinogi and League of Legends there are traits of my play style that is very obvious.

I like.

1. High Burst.
2. High Mobility.
3. Gimmick
basically a glass cannon.

if you guys could give me some advice, that would be great.

I heard GW2 has a great community, unlike league.

looking forward to it.

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Thief. Maybe Mesmer, but I think Thief would satisfy you more.

Posted by: Space Gandhi.3678

Space Gandhi.3678

Mesmer and Engi seem to have some cool gimmicks. Can you guys explain their role and fighting style in pvp and wvw?

Posted by: TheSwede.9512

TheSwede.9512

Mesmers are Gimmicky, generally a lot more durable than you’d first think. They’re the go-to class for mind-games, and can easily throw inexperienced players off their game before they even started. More experienced players might see through your tricks though.
Their mobility isn’t all that good, since they lack any perma-swiftness or Movement speed signet, but they gain access to Blinks, Stealths and Portals. In PvP they can be Bursty with a Shatter build, though I mostly run into Condi-Mesmers (I can’t speak for this, really, as I suck as Mesmer in PvP). Mesmers are usually valued for the Supportive abilities however, at least in PvE.

Engis are usually built for Condition Bunkering, both in PvP and WvW. They’re very sturdy and good at what they do, good Engis can usually keep a point indefinitely. With good access to many Conditions, A frequent Waterfield and a decent amount of Blast finishers, they can generally outlast just about any other class. I wouldn’t call them bursty though, as their role seems to primarily be as Bunkers.

If you want High Burst, High mobility and Gimicky, then it’s either Thief or Warrior. Thieves with their Backstabbing, Stealth Stacking and extreme Mobility makes them the ultimate single target Glass cannon. Warriors have if possible even better mobility, very High Burst damage and extremely good defenses even when built as a Glass cannon. Both are usually a One-trick Pony when built for bursting though, making them rather predictable and you’re often better of retreating if you don’t down your target in the first 10 seconds or so.

Warrior – Wardancer | Guardian – Lorekeeper | Revenant – Vindicator |
Thief – Duelist | Ranger – Strider | Engineer – Technician |
Elementalist – Spellweaver | Necromancer – Warlock | Mesmer – Trickster |