Constructive necromancer thoughts.

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

step 1) hear the treb shout
step 2) count to 3
step 3) dodge

congratulations, you just took 0 damage from a treb shot without wasting an invulnerability cd or whatever

I got a good laugh from this, thanks

Seems like some people don’t realise that the treb can fire faster than you can regen endurance naturally. Spoiled by vigor and regen traits I guess.

You’re welcome.
Now go back to complain about how you can’t tank 13k hits with 10% life force anymore

go back to mist forming every 60 seconds while stomping thus avoiding all the 13k damage or simply dodging all of it and then knowing that your easy access to vigor will allow you to do it more than once in a blue moon. Or simply use anyone of your other elementalist bag of tricks to avoid the damage knowing that the 40-60 second CD is all you have to worry about.

I don’t use mist form and don’t play with cantrips regen/vigor, but nice try
If you really think that tanking big bursts, every TEN seconds, with just enough life force to get into death shroud, is something balanced, then I have nothing more to say to you or any other necro that whines for that change.

Good day, sir.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

…1200 range necros…

necromancers actually have a chance if the other team doensn’t coordinate right and I pop plague form as I see the damage start hitting, which has happened.

… so now 1200 range on staff is the problem?

… and plague form, the 3 minute cooldown elite skill that prevents you from getting melee trained for 20 seconds but doesn’t stop ranged or condition damage, and gives you a whopping 200 dps to melee range opponents?

Well alright then, I look forward to your next video. I suggest sitting on a point and popping plague form while having 3 or four CC warriors beating on you. Be sure to break from the video immediately after the 20 seconds are up so nobody sees what happens after plague form ends. You can call it “NECRO SURVIVABILITY SO OP” or something like that.

After the 20 seconds are up, the stupid CC warriors that stayed on point to attack your plague form while blinded will be dead to your 2 or 3 teammates that were slaughtering them as they tried to kill the survivable necro.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

If you really think that tanking big bursts, every TEN seconds, with just enough life force to get into death shroud, is something balanced, then I have nothing more to say to you or any other necro that whines for that change.

Good day, sir.

So you don’t play with any defensive utilities and don’t take access to your many forms of vigor and still find a way to play competitively? You have nothing to say because you are incorrect. The Necro has less access to their core mechanic than you do. You have essentially a free heal every 10 seconds, free boons, and a get out of jail free card if you are smart and run dagger off hand.

A condi necromancer barely has time to build the damage to absorb it, is naturally squishy, and has no method of escape, so yes the ability to absorb a single hit every ten seconds is absolutely fair.

in PvP

Posted by: Laxuar.3504

Laxuar.3504

Just an other thing to necro DS. When you are in death shroud you take no damage from donditions like no heal.

in PvP

Posted by: Dralor.3701

Dralor.3701

Definitely need to tone things down some more. The combination of burning with the survivability weakness/fixed DS grants is just a bit too much. Even if burning was taken out of the equation I still think the class would be strong, and definitely in a much better place than we were before the last two patches.

I think the survivability is fine, though it requires DS so you sort of go from being squishy as hell (no life force) to unstoppable once you get a full bar. Only thing that really feels like a threat right now is maybe other necros if they know how to throw back conditions (which most of the fotm don’t).

in PvP

Posted by: Deepfreeze.1048

Deepfreeze.1048

While dhuumfire is a bit of an anathema for necromancers both from a lore and damage perspective, removing it will only have a significant effect in 1v1 situations, and your odds of finishing a true 1v1 in pvp are incredibly slim. In group situations, someone else will happily apply burning to the necro’s target and once epidemicced there will have been no net change in the situation. If you actually want to tone down the necromancer’s single target condition “burst” then you probably need to change terror. Something along the lines of “fear now applies 2 stacks of torment per tick,” with a 4 second duration on stacks will provide basically the same overall damage as prenerf terror provided the target stops moving after the fear, and more if they don’t. You’ve now added a damage ramp up, however, and the ability to remove the torment during the duration, while providing synergy between fear’s forced movement and torment procs.

The other possible source of the issue is probably in force multiplication. Necros have consistent single target condition pressure through all damaging conditions save confusion, and moderate aoe condition pressure. As blood red arachnid pointed out in a series of excellent posts, however, the raw pressure of a necromancer does not exceed and in fact trails that of an engineer. We have something that an engineer does not, however, and that is force multiplication. There are two methods at play here, condition transfers, and aoe spread through epidemic. Condition transfers: dagger 4, staff 4, and plague signet, all contribute heavily to our class flavor, affect only our current target or in staff 4’s case a random target in the radius per condition, and perhaps most importantly, are reactive. You can negate the benefit of 2 of these 3 skills by choosing not to focus condition pressure on the necromancer.

Epidemic, conversely, is an aggressive aoe force multiplication tool that benefits from the necromancer’s applied conditions, any transferred conditions from the aforementioned skills, and any other conditions applied by your teammates. Its effect radius basically covers a point, and it can be used to effect aoe dps in the 5k range, something that really doesn’t exist for any other profession. Others have done a very good job of pointing out all the contributing factors that go into landing epidemic, no dodges from target or recipient(s), all targets remain in the skill range and effect range, neither the target nor the recipients are immediately cleansed, etc. Despite all these caveats, however, epidemic can generally be used to spread to at least one other target, and if someone on the opposing team brings a tanky ai companion, a ranger pet or a flesh golem for example, you can often create a full condition stack and transfer without player reaction. In my opinion, it is this ability to spread the sum aoe pressure on a target every 15 (12 traited) seconds that is proving simply unmanageable for existing aoe cleanses. Epidemic is allowing necro players to take the realm of condition application, which is predominately single target, and force it into an aoe mold. Additionally, unlike the overall condition landscape, which tops out quickly with the bleed cap limit and the number of conditions that stack duration rather than intensity, adding more necromancers with epidemic provides a linear increase to your ability to recreate intense aoe condition pressure, and results in 2 necromancers rotating epidemic use being able to very easily overwhelm the aoe condition removal you can bring in a typical 5 man group. You could fix this easily in the short term by doing a skill split and disabling epidemic in pvp while figuring out what to do with it, but disabling it in pve as well would be catastrophic to open world and wvw uses.

(edited by Deepfreeze.1048)

in PvP

Posted by: jpersson.7368

jpersson.7368

Murdock asked for videos. I think that was a good call and I expected more response to that request considering the debate.

The main issue for me who enjoy conditionmancers is:

• major changes to a class,
  • in a short period of time and
  • just before tournaments.

No-one have had the time to adjust. It’s too early to say much more than “my old approach doesn’t work with the new patch”. Necromancers are saying the very same thing — if you bother to read their forum.

Maybe some of the changes didn’t turn out as expected. That happens, it should be corrected and videos would be more helpful in that process than opinions.

Relax… nothing is under control

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

Good day, sir.

So you don’t play with any defensive utilities and don’t take access to your many forms of vigor and still find a way to play competitively? You have nothing to say because you are incorrect. The Necro has less access to their core mechanic than you do. You have essentially a free heal every 10 seconds, free boons, and a get out of jail free card if you are smart and run dagger off hand.

A condi necromancer barely has time to build the damage to absorb it, is naturally squishy, and has no method of escape, so yes the ability to absorb a single hit every ten seconds is absolutely fair.

This kind of stuff just blows my mind.

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

People complaining about being outnumbered and not being able to escape. That’s a personal issue down to your positioning especially in a condition build, if you’re running power axe/dagger I guess that’s to be expected due to these weapons being 130/600 range(But we’re talking about condi necros on this thread, right?). When you can range from 900/1200 your positioning is key, that’s survivability in itself. The increased buffer on death shroud is just too much for the current damage output. If you decrease the survivability of the death shroud you remove a lot from pvp in terms of other specs.
The option that makes the most sense is lowering the damage/removal of dhuumfire. Giving a necromancer the incentive of getting 30% condition duration and more (burning/retal/chill proc @ 25%) for running a condition build is ludicrous unless they’re insanely squishy, which necromancers inherently aren’t especially with death shroud.

Symbolic

in PvP

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

People complaining about being outnumbered and not being able to escape. That’s a personal issue down to your positioning especially in a condition build, if you’re running power axe/dagger I guess that’s to be expected due to these weapons being 130/600 range(But we’re talking about condi necros on this thread, right?). When you can range from 900/1200 your positioning is key, that’s survivability in itself. The increased buffer on death shroud is just too much for the current damage output. If you decrease the survivability of the death shroud you remove a lot from pvp in terms of other specs.

Ahhh. Thank you for recgonizing that if you change death shroud you affect more than just the 30,20,x,x,x builds. Definitely refreshing with all the NERF THIS, NERF THAT going around on the forums recently

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

in PvP

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

Just an other thing to necro DS. When you are in death shroud you take no damage from donditions like no heal.

lol, these are the kind of people that are asking for necro nerfs…

I even heard Bill Brasky plays a necro mancer…

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/bill-brasky-holiday-inn/n10832/

in PvP

Posted by: chaosgrimm.5837

chaosgrimm.5837

I wanted to make a few points on actions and downed state that I forgot to mention. Be ignore ds stomps as these were obviously unintended.

Lack of stability and alternatives make stomping very difficult, while other classes are able to protect their stomps with little to no trouble.

Lack of stability and alternatives, coupled with the lack of ds ressing, makes us a class that really have a rough time helping downed party members.

Concerning the downed state, we are the only light armored class that cant do a complete evasion of stomps / dmg.

I guess in general my overall thoughts are, if we cant stomp well, we should do well at not being stomped. If we are pretty much guaranteed to die from being focus without out team’s support. We should be able to more or less guarantee the target of our team’s focus goes down if they dont receive help from their team.

in PvP

Shar.3402

Good day, sir.

All of the stuff you listed for ele, comes from traits…
Free heal every 10 seconds? that’s 45 trait points in arcana and water (and you can’t have that if you want to run fresh air). Free boons? that’s a trait. The “get out of jail free” card doesn’t work if you’re immobilized, and since there is no specific “remove immobilize” skill, you have no control on which condition you’re cleansing…yeah, removing that immobilize among other 6 conditions is gonna be easy (luckily necros don’t have immo…unless you get caught by DS5 last tick.)
Do you know that elementalists ARE FORCED to spend FIFTY points in defensive traits just to not get utterly destroyed by a butterfly that hit them in the face?
So yeah, being able to absorb 13k damage hits with 1k lifeforce DS, as a class mechanic, is stupid, broken, and cannot be defended by any rational man.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: Archer Henchman.2534

Archer Henchman.2534

This is directly for the devs:

If you really are going to hotfix smth about the necros for the tournament then, for heaven’s sake, only change it for sPvP. Necros struggle enough in PvE and WvW, especially in WvW since organized guilds run high condition cleansing and high condition duration reduction (melandru runes and lemongrass soup). If you decide to bring down DS to a weaker lvl overall just for the PAX tournament, then all the necros who do not attend on it (and we’re looking at probably 98% of the whole necromancer community) will suffer from any further changes.

Then maybe the solution is to fix Lemongrass rather than keep necros broken as puppies.

in PvP

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

Good day, sir.

All of the stuff you listed for ele, comes from traits…
Free heal every 10 seconds? that’s 45 trait points in arcana and water (and you can’t have that if you want to run fresh air). Free boons? that’s a trait. The “get out of jail free” card doesn’t work if you’re immobilized, and since there is no specific “remove immobilize” skill, you have no control on which condition you’re cleansing…yeah, removing that immobilize among other 6 conditions is gonna be easy (luckily necros don’t have immo…unless you get caught by DS5 last tick.)
Do you know that elementalists ARE FORCED to spend FIFTY points in defensive traits just to not get utterly destroyed by a butterfly that hit them in the face?
So yeah, being able to absorb 13k damage hits with 1k lifeforce DS, as a class mechanic, is stupid, broken, and cannot be defended by any rational man.

why not other classes can do better already, learn your game and then come back and talk to us about it…

in PvP

Dralor.3701

Not sure how necro is bad in WvW. Plague wins fights plain and simple, you always want a few necros in every large fight.

in PvP

jmatb.6307

The option that makes the most sense is lowering the damage/removal of dhuumfire. Giving a necromancer the incentive of getting 30% condition duration and more (burning/retal/chill proc @ 25%) for running a condition build is ludicrous unless they’re insanely squishy, which necromancers inherently aren’t especially with death shroud.

That’s why I suggested making them a midrange class. If they have to be at melee to 900 range traited for their ranged weapons, then they don’t have that cushion and the DS changes become justified.

Necros can’t have it both ways. The instant cast second health bar eating burst like that needs to come at a price. Not running spectrals at all is something that should be very risky

(edited by jmatb.6307)

in PvP

Dralor.3701

Removing 1200 range on staff would be pretty ridiculous for all aspects of the game, how is that even an issue in spvp anyway? Its a much bigger deal in Pve/WvW.

in PvP

chaosgrimm.5837

That’s why I suggested making them a midrange class. If they have to be at melee to 900 range traited for their ranged weapons, then they don’t have that cushion and the DS changes become justified.

What about lack of mobility and stun beaks? How about the closers other classes have. They will catch you if they want to.

in PvP

jmatb.6307

Run spectrals. Two stun breaks and a blink if you use it right. That’s the price of having an attrition mechanic.

in PvP

Shar.3402

What about lack of mobility and stun beaks? How about the closers other classes have. They will catch you if they want to.

Last I checked, plague signet, spectral armor, spectral walk and well of power break stuns. If you run without one, it’s your choice :P

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

jmatb.6307

Removing 1200 range on staff would be pretty ridiculous for all aspects of the game, how is that even an issue in spvp anyway? Its a much bigger deal in Pve/WvW.

This kind of entitled everyone else has 1200 range when I have a second health bar stuff makes me really despise necro players.

Staff dictates so much of a fight in spvp this kind of a given. The marks got bigger and you can still use them from max range? It’s ridiculous

in PvP

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

But the build you’re all calling OP is not using those stunbreaks.

I want to be constructive, but reading posts that just put all our skills in the pot as if we can use it all at the same time, instant cast, with no possible counter, is detrimental and just add more noise to confuse the dev/readers.

Get a necro to level 2, solo queue in tPvP with any build you like (better use the OP one to put all chance on your side) go to Clocktower, hold it and play 20 match straight. Try not to die, bring your stunbreaks and your dodges. Then just for the sake of it, do the same thing on a guardian, ele, mesmer, engi, ranger, thief and warrior.

Come back with your result, I would love to see how it ends up and if DS is the God mode some people claim it to be.

Or I can save you some time, say I’ve tested those things already, and that it’s far from God mode compared to some weapon skills from my others classes.

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

in PvP

Dralor.3701

How is that entitled? Its cool for other classes to bunker and have access to 1200, but not necro?

Yes some changes need to be made but lets be realistic please.

in PvP

Posted by: QtHman.6502

QtHman.6502

You guys ever heard of something call “Position” if every necro position them self good their survivability can be really good+ DS + your team peeling for you.

You have so many ways to not get your self killed And if the enemy decides to overextend it’s your teams job to punish that.

in PvP

jmatb.6307

How is that entitled? Its cool for other classes to bunker and have access to 1200, but not necro?

Yes some changes need to be made but lets be realistic please.

You can reflect other classes’ projectiles. Nothing a necro does from range can be reflected except staff auto and DS2.

Realistic?

in PvP

Posted by: Anelyn.4593

Anelyn.4593

The utility slots are for adding a specific playstyle / flavor to your class. They are not the defining factor in CAN I PLAY THIS CLASS scenario.

No, if you play necro YOU MUST slot spectral armor, spirit walk and well of power / signet of plague in order to play necro. News at eleven, how will a minion master play only with the golem? What if you play conditionmancer (without dhuunfire) with greater marks, and you want the corruption skills and only have plague signet for breaking a stun.
It makes no sense to force a class into using SEVERAL stun breakers at cost of team utility / damage / mobility w/e. And is not that those stun breakers give you stability or anything, you break a stun just to get KD / KB / pulled back in, then stun again etc.

PS: all the trolls in this thread die to burning & terror, their screams can be heard in all Tyria.

in PvP

chaosgrimm.5837

Im on my phone so im not going quote the segments of prior stuff. When considering ‘lack of stunbreaks’, please take accessibility into account. Necro stun breaks have long cd and no escape components. Stunbreaks on other classes typically either have much shorter cd, a cd that is similar but has an escape component built in, or does not require a utility slot. This trouble is also compounded due to lack of mobility and being a class that is more susceptible to stuns.

(edited by chaosgrimm.5837)

in PvP

jmatb.6307

range reduction wouldn’t force you to do that. if your team couldn’t help you out with that then they suck.

Necro could be the guy you want to be as far away from as possible. I embrace that. If they have team utility then they need to depend on at least one of the life force boosters they have to be able to survive.

Running no stun breaks and having that much survivability, while doing the best condi dmg in the game from range is complete garbage.

in PvP

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

I was there the other day in a aduel with a necromancer, he was a Glass cannon, and i was with my mesmer which is a bunker mesmer… this guy was making tons of damage really i couldnt bunker that (i know you cant bunker conditions), but i have some condi removal, i have null field and remove conditions with torch… and i dont know how but he sudenly starts to make a lot of BURST damage, not condi damage, i mean burst, that was bypasing my protection and not only that, he was clearly a glass cannon not only for his damage output becaus when i could hit his health bar (the actual red one) he taked a fair damage from my not power attacks, but he had so much tankiness beign a glass cannon that it was just ridiculous, he could just tank better than my bunker mesmer dealing TONS of damage…. this classs is really broken right now.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in PvP

jmatb.6307

Yeah people keep saying bring vit, bring condi cleanse.

It doesn’t work. It buys you a couple seconds that you ought to have been spending CCing and attacking the guy.

I’ve been bringing Knights ammy on my shatter spec that I’m using with Torch for condi cleanse with Null Field. It’s decent against necros with Signet of Domination, but I only have decoy and I have a short window to get the guy down before his DS becomes too big.

That’s where the survivability doesn’t help you. They will outlast you, they will outDPS you, and they didn’t earn it.

(edited by jmatb.6307)

in PvP

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

A Mesmer complaining a Necromancer OMG.
Really where are moderators? This is INFORMATION POLLUTION given by a player who can’t measure the OPness of all classes and push to nerf the one he’s in rage with…
Come on, is there anybody who can stop all this absurd thread?

This is ESRB 13+ you can’t give attention to people which aren’t even able to understand the circumstances!

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

(edited by Luke.4562)

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

ANet, please don’t listen to people who have never played Necro past FotM builds in tournaments. They have no idea about the class as a whole, they jumped on board after we became too strong, and now are acting like they have half an idea about the class, and it is idiotic. I know you know and talk with the high tier actual necromancers, ones who really know and play the class, listen to them.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

ANet, please don’t listen to people who have never played Necro past FotM builds in tournaments. They have no idea about the class as a whole, they jumped on board after we became too strong, and now are acting like they have half an idea about the class, and it is idiotic. I know you know and talk with the high tier actual necromancers, ones who really know and play the class, listen to them.

This. I think people have just been so used to riding the same meta since release (it hasn’t changed at all) that now a class arises that brings something new to the able (fast condi pressure) they’re freaking out. If you nerf this class for whatever reason, you better take a look at the other classes that you’ve been ignoring since release because of the amount of people that play them.

in PvP

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

Every one of my posts.

Is it possible to report someone for telling lies on a forum?

in PvP

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

I liked the post in the Necromancer forums where the players stated that it angers him that for months the Necro learned to adapt and adjust to his lack of equality, and learned positioning, timing, and every trick in the book to stay alive and function. Once we got buffed it wasn’t the damage we didn’t ask for that was the issue it was the ease of life buffs we received that people complained about.

Terror was never a problem until recently, neither was our DS absorbing burst until our damage became out of control. For months we have had to adjust to the ridiculous S/D thief, the overpowered Ele Bunker, and the ridiculous Mesmer while remaining strong in our belief that if we just had the ability to sustain in a fight we would be on par. When our damage was buffed, and we continued playing the same way suddenly people were crying OP and to take away the core abilities that we learned to play with.

@jmatb It’s obvious you have never played a Necromancer, but instead are the one really bad guardian that every necromancer loves to feast on. Your changes are so anti-necro they are embarrassing to anyone who ever played the necro. Every single profession out there has an easy counter to the Necromancer (except maybe the Mesmer).

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Hey everyone! We have elected to “hotfix” the Necro and split Dhuumfire to bring it down a bit in PvP. This change will be in today, with patch notes in the usual place.

Thanks for the feedback!

in PvP

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Hey everyone! We have elected to “hotfix” the Necro and split Dhuumfire to bring it down a bit in PvP. This change will be in today, with patch notes in the usual place.

Thanks for the feedback!

This doesn’t fix anything regarding DS and your post in the Necro forum is extremely misleading!

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

in PvP

Posted by: Saltare.5789

Saltare.5789

Thanks for the feedback!

Fair enough. Assuming this makes our damage par, can we get some fixes that bring our mobility up to par? Pleeeeeeease?

in PvP

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Thanks for the feedback!

Can’t you just get rid of it? Go look at the necro sub forum. There is an overwhelming outcry from us that we never wanted burning in the first place. It doesn’t fit the classes theme, its already gotten several of our traits nerfed as a result, and its causing nothing but trouble for everyone.

Stuff goes here.

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

The fix that is coming is in consideration of the time that we had to complete it. We are planning to rework some things when we have more time, but felt this would be sufficient for now, considering the first Qualifying tournament is tomorrow.

in PvP

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

The fix that is coming is in consideration of the time that we had to complete it. We are planning to rework some things when we have more time, but felt this would be sufficient for now, considering the first Qualifying tournament is tomorrow.

Fair enough and we’ll hold you to your word on this, good luck with the tournament.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

in PvP

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

So more nerfs and no compensation? Not even undoing the terror nerf?

… Thanks?

Can’t you just get rid of it? Go look at the necro sub forum. There is an overwhelming outcry from us that we never wanted burning in the first place. It doesn’t fit the classes theme, its already gotten several of our traits nerfed as a result, and its causing nothing but trouble for everyone.

I guess we can hope that’s the plan with this supposed rework. I’ve never had much love for Dumbfire. But that would necessitate reverting the other nerfs which I don’t foresee happening at this point.

(edited by Fungalfoot.7213)

in PvP

Posted by: Chrispytoast.3698

Chrispytoast.3698

… Thanks?

Nothing is ever good enough for you. Have you read this entire thread? I have read a large majority of it and many of the posts involve a nerf to the Necro damage. And want to get rid of fire completely but as she said this is a hotfix for the tournament and more changes will come later.

Save the orphans of Divinity’s Reach
Send Gold to: Chrispytoast

in PvP

Fungalfoot.7213

Nothing is ever good enough for you. Have you read this entire thread? I have read a large majority of it and many of the posts involve a nerf to the Necro damage. And want to get rid of fire completely but as she said this is a hotfix for the tournament and more changes will come later.

Usually you give and take. You don’t nerf a class into the ground and promise to fix it later. This is bad design, plain and simple.

in PvP

Shar.3402

Usually you give and take. You don’t nerf a class into the ground and promise to fix it later. This is bad design, plain and simple.

lol, nerf to the ground…for god’s sake you don’t even know how they split the trait and you’re already crying.
BTW, I don’t think they took everything away from necros when they buffed them from zero to hero last month. What was that? give and take? lol.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

I suppose this is the most logical thing to do considering the circumstances. I hope you plan on re-evaluating Dhuumfire as a whole after the tournament. I still stand by my statement that a majority of necromancers would rather you get rid of it completely so you can stop nerfing us as a whole based on that one trait alone.

Stuff goes here.

in PvP

Fungalfoot.7213

lol, nerf to the ground…for god’s sake you don’t even know how they split the trait and you’re already crying.
BTW, I don’t think they took everything away from necros when they buffed them from zero to hero last month. What was that? give and take? lol.

I do hope you appreciate the irony in you pointing out that I’m crying considering you’ve been one of the most vocal QQers on here in regards to necromancers.

But yes, it’s a matter of giving and taking. We can’t even properly do certain dungeons anymore due to the shroud getting nerfed on account of the incessant SPvP whining. I don’t mind the splitting myself. In fact, I find it long overdue. What I do mind is that it’s just another nerf followed by more promises.

in PvP

chaosgrimm.5837

… Thanks?

I feel the pain here. Not saying that dhuumfire wasnt a little over the top, I agree with the change (df was kinda forcing condi pve to 30 spite as well), but the general theme is that the necro has defensive flaws that are so bad, they make the class worth not pvping or pveing… so the fact that the nerf (or at least offensive tinkering) came first is kinda a slap in the face.

(edited by chaosgrimm.5837)

in PvP

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

Please just remove Dhuumfire and replace it with a trait centered around chill/vulnerability or such. Dhuumfire doesn’t belong in this traitline built around power and condition duration. It requires a crit to activate (I don’t see any crit here) and scales off condition damage (also not present in this traitline) Close to Death buffs spike damage on low health enemies. How about something focused around control?