Posted by: JEFFARR.8163

JEFFARR.8163

Why?
(15chars)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

What they don’t realize is that if Skyhammer was not in SoloQ, more people would play the game. Skyhammer removed = more (happy!) people in solo queue.

its certainly one of the reasons that i don’t play tournaments, i dont want to risk the 1/6 chance of this hideous map with no way of leaving.
if it pops up in hotjoin we can all just flip the bird at our monitors and switch server

This. 1000x this.

I left the competitive scene just for this map alone. Why it is in soloQ still is completely beyond me.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

What they don’t realize is that if Skyhammer was not in SoloQ, more people would play the game. Skyhammer removed = more (happy!) people in solo queue. More people in tPvP = more money for devs.

I for sure would start playing again if that map got removed from existence.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: WitchKing.5317

WitchKing.5317

Two things anet, give us a kitten response on the issue or fix it. Remove it from solo que, this map has no potential and it’s not fun or fair for competitive play.

And again………RESPOND TO YOUR PLAYERBASE!!!!!

Fanged Wisdom- [BBQ]/[OMFG]
The Corrupt Mesmer Builds

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

I like Skyham wtf .But since I see that this would make a lot of players happy.
/bump
Give YOUR PLAYERBASE a cookie.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

(edited by Aenaos.8160)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

“We’ve gotten a lot of positive feedback from our playtesters,” Bearce says. “Pretty much as soon as we threw this in for testing, our internal playtesters said, ‘This has to go on Live.”

Either they did not catch the sarcasm in playtesters voice, or they should really consider getting new playtesters…

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

I highly doubt testers played more then 1-2 games or testers werent actual PvP players.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

A quote I put 24 days ago:

I’ll put some quotes of the “testers” before skyhammer release.
“We’ve gotten a lot of positive feedback from our playtesters,”
. . . “Pretty much as soon as we threw this in for testing, our internal playtesters said, ‘This has to go on Live.’”
. . . “People who have played this map already have been more excited about playing PvP. "
and now we have the most hated map by the pvp community.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

“Both Claypool and Bearce share the PvP team’s high expectations for Skyhammer, which has the potential to become a player-favorite.”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-new-skyhammer-pvp-map/

Good times.

lol

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

“We’ve gotten a lot of positive feedback from our playtesters,” Bearce says. “Pretty much as soon as we threw this in for testing, our internal playtesters said, ‘This has to go on Live.”

Either they did not catch the sarcasm in playtesters voice, or they should really consider getting new playtesters…

No sarcasm, they were serious and Skyhammer is a great map.
In the WvW side they have a map just like Skyhammer, Edge of the Mists, a huge success just like Skyhammer.

Skyhammer just makes those skilled players shine even more because it takes a lot more skills to be great at Skyhammer because its a huge skill increase due to more utilities being used, positioning, more aspects of the game to consider than just dpsing someone to death.

Skyhammer

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

I know you’re being sarcastic, but it’s hilarious that they basically added the equivalent of Skyhammer to world vs. world after Skyhammer was so poorly received. LOL.

Nah not being sarcastic, don’t assume everyone thinks the way you think. Also that those people that gave feedback were joking, I’m sure anet doesn’t hire people to give false feedback since they don’t have open betas for stuff like that for all the jokesters to come in and joke around.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Xista.7391

In the WvW side they have a map just like Skyhammer, Edge of the Mists, a huge success just like Skyhammer.

Skyhammer just makes those skilled players shine even more because it takes a lot more skills to be great at Skyhammer because its a huge skill increase due to more utilities being used, positioning, more aspects of the game to consider than just dpsing someone to death.

About 4-5 times a game I toss Elixir S, break a plate, and toolkit pull someone to there death. Doesn’t matter who it is. I’ve killed just about every top NA player doing it.

It’s not skill.

Skyhammer

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

About 4-5 times a game I toss Elixir S, break a plate, and toolkit pull someone to there death. Doesn’t matter who it is. I’ve killed just about every top NA player doing it.

It’s not skill.

You know what they always tell you whenever you whine about there builds being too op?

Learn to dodge.

Well you can tell those top NA players you killed… Learn to dodge.
Those top NA players you killed, they aren’t that skillful to call them top NA players if the only thing they top NA about is dpsing your heath but when it comes to anything else, they aren’t top NA.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

It’s not skill.

Well, then, avoiding that takes skill.
I love Skyhammer, I wish we’d get more maps like it.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Xista.7391

Okay. Dodge or avoid the invisible magnet.

I’ll tell those guys who i pull off.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

It’s not invisible, you can clearly see the engineer using it and the white lines pointing at you

Skyhammer

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

It’s not invisible, you can clearly see the engineer using it and the white lines pointing at you

Also you can tell its coming when he runs away and when you hear the glass start cracking. There’s many indicators its coming. There’s many ways to counter it as well. Like hiding behind an NPC such as ranger pet, necro golem, rockdog, parrot, getting out of line of sight by hiding behind pillar use your own utilities in that location like Mesmer pull, warrior stomp, breaking stun, stability, going stealth yourself, dodgeroll, dodge skill, so many ways to counter it.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Xista.7391

They only last a split second, very faint, and are near impossible to see in any sort of team fight. Someone is going to die if my teammates break the glass for me.

Countering the predictable stuff is easy. Stealthing behind players who break plates and baiting dodges is what kills people

(edited by Xista.7391)

Skyhammer

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

They only last a split second, very faint, and are near impossible to see in any sort of team fight. Someone is going to die if my teammates break the glass for me.

Countering the predictable stuff is easy. Stealthing behind players who break plates and baiting dodges is what kills people

Obviously a 2v1 gives someone an advantage, but it also means somewhere on the other side there is another one person advantage going on. Also when plates start cracking smart players don’t just stand there and let you pull them, even if you sneak in, they will be on there guard just like how everyone is when plates crack. Sure you may get him, but don’t forget your also leaving your team as a one person disadvantage elsewhere and they will down that lone guy as easily as you downed the guy with your 2v1 advantage.

For the 1v2 on sidenode and hammer fights I’d say necromancer is the best because of AE fears also he does have stability and can teleport back if he falls.

As I said before, Skyhammer is a high skill level map, people have there own tricks up there sleeves and being ready for them is key. Many more aspects of the game is made known which makes Skyhammer highly skill played map.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

Obviously a 2v1 gives someone an advantage, but it also means somewhere on the other side there is another one person advantage going on. Also when plates start cracking smart players don’t just stand there and let you pull them, even if you sneak in, they will be on there guard just like how everyone is when plates crack. Sure you may get him, but don’t forget your also leaving your team as a one person disadvantage elsewhere and they will down that lone guy as easily as you downed the guy with your 2v1 advantage.

For the 1v2 on sidenode and hammer fights I’d say necromancer is the best because of AE fears also he does have stability and can teleport back if he falls.

As I said before, Skyhammer is a high skill level map, people have there own tricks up there sleeves and being ready for them is key. Many more aspects of the game is made known which makes Skyhammer highly skill played map.

its not skillful i just banish people off by baiting dodges and byebye

and to the people who think you can dodge S toss magnet you are literally kittened. the only way youll ever know its coming is if you HEAR the S toss which basically means you have to be by yourself.

gerdian

Skyhammer

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

and to the people who think you can dodge S toss magnet you are literally kittened. the only way youll ever know its coming is if you HEAR the S toss which basically means you have to be by yourself.

That’s why its highly skilled map, if you think you can bait anyone with dodges you’ve gotta be kidding. Good players don’t fall for that.

Also, don’t assume they wont be doing something to you as well, to make it sound so easy as you do. You will be getting pressured as well, once you miss your pull or have it broken by a stunbreak than your going to have to do other things to make it easy as it sounds and I’m sure a good player can give you a run for your money.

I’ve already mentioned the ways to counter that, a Mesmer pull or push, a necro fear, blind fields, having stability, stun breaking, hiding behind your NPC, using the elements around you.

As I mentioned before this map is highly skill played map, you have to be aware of many other aspects of the game other than someone immobilizing you and dpsing you to death.

Also the sounding of the glass starting to shatter is very noticeable and seeing classes that have pull utilities run away and go invis are clear indicators of whats going to happen and is easily countered, in a 2v1 fight sure someone could set you up, on any other map its the same deal, that lone person is suppose to lose anyways but can win, just like that can happen on skyhammer as well.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

guess they tested skyhammer how they presented Tequatl-Release (arenanet live vs tequatl could not make first 25%^^) . Invited all the Arenanet people and noone has clue whats going on and spam buttons on eachother.

After knocking with some random spells down the boss they said this is fun map and has to go life

guess thats how they tested skyhammer^^

Skyhammer

in PvP

Booms.2594

That’s why its highly skilled map, if you think you can bait anyone with dodges you’ve gotta be kidding. Good players don’t fall for that.

Also, don’t assume they wont be doing something to you as well, to make it sound so easy as you do. You will be getting pressured as well, once you miss your pull or have it broken by a stunbreak than your going to have to do other things to make it easy as it sounds and I’m sure a good player can give you a run for your money.

I’ve already mentioned the ways to counter that, a Mesmer pull or push, a necro fear, blind fields, having stability, stun breaking, hiding behind your NPC, using the elements around you.

As I mentioned before this map is highly skill played map, you have to be aware of many other aspects of the game other than someone immobilizing you and dpsing you to death.

Also the sounding of the glass starting to shatter is very noticeable and seeing classes that have pull utilities run away and go invis are clear indicators of whats going to happen and is easily countered, in a 2v1 fight sure someone could set you up, on any other map its the same deal, that lone person is suppose to lose anyways but can win, just like that can happen on skyhammer as well.

tell me how youre going to know whether or not Im going to last second cancel my banish lmfao thats what i call baiting dodges

gerdian

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

Where’s Vee Wee #1 engi Na and first 80 when you need some light shed on this topic!

solo cheese engi/ex teef

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

Considering this is the most talked about map, I believe Skyhammer has become a “player-faviorte”…..To troll and complain about how people don’t like it.

solo cheese engi/ex teef

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

The moment you hear glass plates breaking its too late because it means the magnet has already been set and you’ll get pulled in less than a second. You can try whatever you like it wont save you unless you specifically have stability or are out of range (unlikely with a 1200 range). Magnet is unblockable, it has a ridiculously low CD of 25s and it’s extremely hard to spot when deployed because of the visual effects. Mesmer pulls/pushes won’t help because a) GS is usually out of range when chasing, b) curtain needs time to deploy.

There is no doubt Skyhammer can be interesting. However its undeniable that some tricks on that map are way more cheaper than others, like Magnet. My proposal for Skyhammer still stands – add a stability buff bellow the gun. If someone still falls to the cheap KB/push/pull tricks it will obviously be his/her own fault.

Skyhammer

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

Like I said before dude, its a highly skilled map.

Get your NPC between you and the glass that the invis’ed guy is coming from. If your going to bunker it be smart about it and have stun breaker. If you see him running away he’s probably going to use a pull, so be smart and get your NPC between you and that glass, move behind a pillar or wall before he gets set up. If your a necro put marks down and when you see them go off someone is there, than fear him away. Or just chase him and melee him next to the glass and use your skills to knock him into it instead.

If all you do is sit there and let people magnet pull you or whatever than you clearly aren’t a good player.

As I said before, this map is a highly skilled map, and you wont easily takeout highly skilled players.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Booms.2594

The moment you hear glass plates breaking its too late because it means the magnet has already been set and you’ll get pulled in less than a second. You can try whatever you like it wont save you unless you specifically have stability or are out of range (unlikely with a 1200 range). Magnet is unblockable, it has a ridiculously low CD of 25s and it’s extremely hard to spot when deployed because of the visual effects. Mesmer pulls/pushes won’t help because a) GS is usually out of range when chasing, b) curtain needs time to deploy.

There is no doubt Skyhammer can be interesting. However its undeniable that some tricks on that map are way more cheaper than others, like Magnet. My proposal for Skyhammer still stands – add a stability buff bellow the gun. If someone still falls to the cheap KB/push/pull tricks it will obviously be his/her own fault.

You know you can dodge the magnet, right?

The people defending Skyhammer are obviously wrong and in a small minority, but you seem to misunderstand basic game mechanics.

you know magnet is invisible while in stealth right

gerdian

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

LOL. You do know EoTM failed so hard it’s now exclusively 24/7 PvE karma train? I guess you’re right in saying they’re equally (un)successful.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

LOL. You do know EoTM failed so hard it’s now exclusively 24/7 PvE karma train? I guess you’re right in saying they’re equally (un)successful.

PPl at WvWvW would rage , if in the next tournament they had ,would forced them to play on Eots . That why it is still in ’’beta , and they are W8ING FOR THE COMMUNITY to decide what mode they love or which mechanics will input on the borings WvWvW maps

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

“One thing I’d been advocating for a long time was an elevated map where you could push people off to their deaths,” Darrin Claypool says.

So Darrin Claypool is the thilly bear at Arenanet we should throw pitchforks at! Gather up with your pitchforks and torches and your tars and feathers frands!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

uberkingkong is one of the three people in the pvp-world who think the map involves skill- and he probably owns the accounts of the other two posters.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Skyhammer is another massive problem in spvp like spectator mode. I haven’t read all the past 19 pages but I’m sure what I would have said has already been said. That said, I’m disappointed that there hasn’t been a single dev response in this long thread about this long standing problem. I don’t think removing it now like raid on the capricorn will fix the damage it has done i.e giving some people higher ranks than they deserve.

This issue has been going on for ages, and in fact the devs and a community manager have talked about it, but with the thread mergers and deletions/locks it has probably been lost.

Basically they said that its a great map, lots of people like it, but a few people don’t like it. We have had numerous community polls that showed about 80% of spvpers wanted it out of solo queue- some polls had over 300 responses.

Skyhammer is like some kind of festering wound that has been left untreated for so long despite the dying/crying patient.

Sometimes I take a break from gw2 for a few months to go play other games, and everytime I come back “please remove skyhammer” is on the front page of the forums (the asura issue is also often there).

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: aussieheals.6843

aussieheals.6843

“One thing I’d been advocating for a long time was an elevated map where you could push people off to their deaths,” Darrin Claypool

Most Popular NA!

IGN: Aussie Archer

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Oh look, they have closed that “skyhammer change” necro thread, with no explanation!

Thank you Anet for the power of your communication policy!!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

raid on the capricorn

I liked this map and was sad to see them simply remove it. I understand why it was removed but I would see more complaint threads about skyhammer and the orb runners.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

The thing is the map is fun in design, just not competative. If you played Skyhammer with only your friends (both teams) you would have a brilliant time. Unfortunately we’re playing vs strangers so the good natured “you kitten!” laughed at a friend becomes “you kittening stealthing camping kittentard!!! I’LL KILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!! kitten SKYHAMMER!”.

Its a strange thing but yer cheap kills great for the testers and friends but forcing people to play against strangers and its a recipe for hate.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Epidemix Revenge.4862

Epidemix Revenge.4862

Oh look, they have closed that “skyhammer change” necro thread, with no explanation!

Thank you Anet for the power of your communication policy!!

Dirty kittens

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

People hate this map on launch, and they still hate it now…is that a good enough “settling” period for you guys at Anet? >.>

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

If the map was designed with like…a ball you had to get around the map or something…

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: IsilZha.3608

IsilZha.3608

They need to do something with the fall-instadeath concept. Maybe don’t die from the fall and add a way to get back up, so that falling is like a very hard CC.

As someone who doesn’t mind this map really… that’s not a bad idea.

“To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.”

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

Though it is useless to post here anymore, hence that thread is a trash bin for anet.

Srsly I think about quitting the game again (did so once for 6 months already).

The PvE is pretty casual. WvW not interesting for me.

What would keep me playing? An Interesting PvP, all my friends quit playing GW2 1 month after release(I held out much longer cause i loved GW1), and my current guild is not that into PvP (sometimes we get 5 man to a team, most of the times NOT!)
So what would be left for me? Solo queue, okay I play DD Elementalist (non-meta build but successful against most teams).
On Skyhammer I see just no daylight against those troll-builds, so in 20% of the games I can do what I want I am pretty much useless, even got flamed for the very act of playing elementalist on that map by one of the team"mates" before the match even began.
That’s why dont really play SoloQ atm as well cause I have to make up for skyhammer on all other maps just to get the winrate I think I deserve.

So that leaves me to Hot Join, yay bound to hot join for all eternity and at that point I only see stagnation, destroying my last reason playing GW2 at all, SPvP

p.s. someone who really loved GW1 and really tried to love GW2

#ELEtism

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Keep it real guys, this thread isn’t gonna change anything because a net doesn’t care what we think.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Epidemix Revenge.4862

Epidemix Revenge.4862

And threshold crossed

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

sooooo….after O N E T H O U S A N D posts will anet finally give us a reply?
haha…ofcourse not.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

Today is a day to be remembered…

The skyhammer thread has now over 1000 responses, 21 pages and 11532 views!!

During the last 4 months hundreds of players have been posting there and it has become the biggest topic in the PvP forums!

And still no dev answer

http://strawpoll.me/1666010

(edited by Marcos.3690)

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

Laugh out loud at 72%(no, remove it) vs 28%(yes, leave it)…you can clearly see that the 28% are mostly high end pvp trolls.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Maybe 2 thousand posts? Anyway this is a great thread, some of the posts got me laughing so hard I could pee my pants.

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

should make a kickstarter for this thread

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

I like skyhammer

You play necro fo course you like it, Anet 1021 posts and counting please delete this map already.