More Skimpy Armor Please? [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blur.3465

Blur.3465

You have extremist point of view on what nudity is. I only view private areas as nudity.

I guess it differs from person to person, but we are not talking about nudity here…
I was talking about provocative types of armor, not nudity.

Feanor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

You have a right to your opinion. You do not have the right to insist others cater to that opinion.

I did not insist that. I just posted the way I feel about skimpy armor and how it affects me.

I’m aware than your post was purely to express your opinion and that you had no intent of insisting anything… however, as I mentioned earlier in reguards to Malafide’s posts. What your message implies is just as important as what you directly state.

I know I do not have to wear that, but seeing characters running around like that would make me sick.
5. If that would happen, I would also want to see more male characters in some armored underwear and nothing else… -.-
I like to see when games hold onto some morale…skimpy armor just makes me lose respect for it and players who actually have their characters dressed that way.

This part here is what implies an insistence on other’s catering to your opinion. That may have not been the intent but the implied message is there none-the-less.

Again though, I completely understand that was not your intent. Just wanted to point out where you implied it though.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

What I want to know is why under-boob is ok on one piece of armor. But showing a little but is not in this game or a claw covering an breast.

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

Some people who like skimpy armor are not only looking at just the skin. The skin is part of the overall look of the armor. It’s about the overall style of the character in the armor.

(edited by Onshidesigns.1069)

in Suggestions

Blur.3465

snip

Understood, though I pointed out some ’’comparison’’ as to how it looks like to me.
It’s how it affects me and makes me feel…nothing intended to force people to ’’yield’’ to my opinion.
As for male part…I only see it being fair enough, considering how most female armors are made. Though I would certainly not like seeing half-naked men running around. XD

Feanor

in Suggestions

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

I dont mind the armors and stuff – i would personally like sexier armor for males though to show off them muscles
and more lacy armors – so i can identify closer with my mesmer- if that makes sense…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

It’s not just the “skimpy armor for women so I can stare at them” people who want skimpy armor. Some people who rolled Charr and Sylvari characters want to show off the fur and glow respectively. My Charr is covered from head to toe. I can’t see (or show off) the fur pattern I picked. My Sylvari, which are PLANTS for heaven’s sakes, are modestly covered and don’t show off their glow.

If people want realistic armor that obeys the laws of physics, this game already has that. Their choices are available. For people that want stylish skimpy armor, their choices run from few to zero depending on the race of the character.

TL:DR I vote for more skimpy stylish armor.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Suggestions

Blur.3465

It’s not just the “skimpy armor for women so I can stare at them” people who want skimpy armor. The people who rolled Charr and Sylvari characters want to show off the fur and glow respectively. My Charr is covered from head to toe. I can’t see (or show off) the fur pattern I picked. My Sylvari, which are PLANTS for heaven’s sakes, are modestly covered and don’t show off their glow.

If people want realistic armor that obeys the laws of physics, this game already has that. Their choices are available. For people that want stylish skimpy armor, their choices run from few to zero depending on the race of the character.

TL:DR I vote for more skimpy stylish armor.

I understand your desire for this and yes I agree that the Charr lack some open armor. The fur patterns are lovely and I liked the gladiator-like heavy armor for my Charr, since I could see his fur clearly. I see no ’’disgrace’’ in that.
As for Sylvari, quite a few armors show-off the glow (female), especially cultural for both males and females.
Though majority of people just play female humans and norn for the reasons I stated earlier.

Feanor

in Suggestions

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

… Against having the CHOICE.

So you’re saying there is no choice in this game?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

… Against having the CHOICE.

So you’re saying there is no choice in this game?

There is choice. Just very little choice when it comes to skimpy armor. With my sylvari ranger there was ONE armor that’ll show her glow… yes only one. And it is not cultural… funny thing is that sylvari cultural is pretty covering, unless you are light user.

I am honestly shocked at people that lose respect for a person because of their clothing. I have said it again and again, but no one seem to listen. A woman in skimpy clothing can be just as proud and dignified, self confident and strong as a fully covered lady, if not more in some cases. Losing respect for a woman for her clothing is just shallowminded.

Someone posted the numbers… there are way more covering armor than skimpy… the choices for skimpy armor is extremely limited, unless you are using lightarmor. That is not really fair.

And yes… sure… equality… lets have skimpy armor for the males too, I am totally cool with that.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Suggestions

Posted by: dronzer.8392

dronzer.8392

perverts!! the lot of ya! !
I vote elegance instead of skimpy!

in Suggestions

Zeefa.3915

perverts!! the lot of ya! !
I vote elegance instead of skimpy!

I am no pervert, thank you very much.
But I do like skimpy armor, and the choices in that regard is as stated before, very low for anyone that is not light armor.

in Suggestions

Blur.3465

@ Zeefa

Considering the points of view of some men, a woman dressed in skimpy clothes is an ’’easy’’ woman compared to one dressed in proper clothes. I am not going into details, I believe I was clear enough. The type of clothes one wears describes the personality more than well. It’s the ‘’first look’’ and impression one gets when seeing a person like that. She may not be an easy woman for real, nor a weak person, but she gives that impression.
And to add…that woman most probably wants a looooot of attention on herself dressed up like that.

Feanor

(edited by Blur.3465)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

• The issue I’ve seen however is that while you may not have directly stated it Malafide, you have implied it in every post. What you have implied in the way you have argued you side is that no skimpy armors should be added, and that all armor should be full coverage. Weather or not this was your intent it is the implied message in your posts and what you imply is just as important as what you say directly.

I have implied no such thing, and I would prefer it if you did not make stuff up that I supposedly implied. I just have my objections against female armor that is offensive. But I never stated all armors should have full body coverage. In fact, I specifically mentioned that male armors could use some more revealing armor options, instead of female armor.

And yes, I do find some of the female armor offensive. Like these armors:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/3/3b/Winged_Armor_Female_Human.png/433px-Winged_Armor_Female_Human.png

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/d/d4/Masquerade_Armor_Female_Human_Coloring_Front.jpg

I’m sure I’m not alone in this. Whether you are a female gamer or a male gamer, some of these armors are just downright offensive. It has nothing to do with being a prude. It has everything to do with not wanting to run around like you’re some kind of sex object.

I would like to have more armor options that provide none sexualized light armor options for human women, instead of more fetish outfits.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

in Suggestions

Panda.1967

@ Zeefa

Considering the points of view of some men, a woman dressed in skimpy clothes is an ’’easy’’ woman compared to one dressed in proper clothes. I am not going into details, I believe I was clear enough. The type of clothes one wears describes the personality more than well. It’s the ‘’first look’’ and impression one gets when seeing a person like that. She may not be an easy woman for real, nor a weak person, but she gives that impression.

“First look impressions” are not a good reason to lose respect for someone though… sadly they seem to be a basis for 90% of the population though… as you yourself just stated even, the first look impression may not reflect the reality.

Like I could walk into a job interview dressed like a complete slob and my hair looking like i just got out of bed. At first glance they will judge me and instantly decide that I’m not worth the job… but if they go through the interview with an open mind instead of deciding on first looks they would find that I am a hard worker, very organized, and likely perfect for the job.
Likewise I could walk into the same Job interview in a provocative dress and my hair and makeup all done. Now suddenly their first impression is completely different, they may have still decide that i’m not worth the job because of my attire again though, but the same would still hold true with the interview.
Now if I walk into the same interview yet again, this time dressed in a semi-formal business outfit. Their first impression won’t be to judge me on my looks, but lets say my interview this time reflects that I’m a complete slob and utterly lazy.

More often than not a person’s appearance says things about them that simply aren’t true. Like me showing up to a job interview looking like a slob… It may say to them that “I don’t care and am lazy” but the reality is that I find getting tasks done right to be more important than my personal appearance. If I show up looking provocative, it might say to them that “I’m interested in one thing, and it’s not work” when in actuality I could care less about that, in fact I’d find it rather insulting if someone were to hit on me because I of how i was dressed.

I know I went a bit off topic there… sorry about that…

In-game I personally dress in the more skimpy outfits, but not because they show off more skin or are skimpy, but rather because I just like the overall look of the armor. If the armors that covered more were as aesthetically pleasing to me I’d possibly wear them, but most of them are rather atrocious in my personal opinion.

in Suggestions

Zeefa.3915

@ Zeefa

And to add…that woman most probably wants a looooot of attention on herself dressed up like that.

Or she just likes the look and don’t give a danm what anyone thinks about, and doesn’t really care about attention either. Just want to be herself.

I feel sorry for those that are that simple minded.

in Suggestions

Blur.3465

@ Panda

That is correct. Though people will certainly ’’behave’’ differently and talk to you in a different way compared to what kind of attire you wear, before getting to know what kind of person you really are. And I imagine you certainly wouldn’t show-up at job interview in a lingerie…for I assume a normal person wouldn’t do such a thing.
I stand behind what I said and I had experience with this. A woman dressed in skimpy, revealing clothes certainly wants a lot of attention on herself.

As Mad Queen stated, I do not mind seeing elegant clothes, or some which reveal a bit of body but still remain with taste.

@ Zeefa

It’s the fact. Face it.
No offence to your taste, but it’s normally the impression people get when they see a person dressed like that, they certainly won’t get the fact that you want to be yourself and will gladly look at you as sex object rather than a person. Sometimes I just think that some women even want that.

Feanor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

What I want to know is why under-boob is ok on one piece of armor. But showing a little but is not in this game or a claw covering an breast.

underboob is the best. its not as revealing in terms to percentage of skin to the mind as a side boob. Remember lich armor skin female in GW1? side boob , more revealing.

in Suggestions

Panda.1967

@ Panda

That is correct. Though people will certainly ’’behave’’ differently and talk to you in a different way compared to what kind of attire you wear, before getting to know what kind of person you really are. And I imagine you certainly wouldn’t show-up at job interview in a lingerie…for I assume a normal person wouldn’t do such a thing.
I stand behind what I said and I had experience with this. A woman dressed in skimpy, revealing clothes certainly wants a lot of attention on herself.

Your right, I wouldn’t show up to a job interview in lingerie… in RL I don’t dress skimpy or provocative. Though I do have some outfits that are a bit revealing, but I never leave the house in them. It’s not really that I’m afraid to be seen in public wearing such attire, but rather that I find such outfits in the real world to be more appropriate to be kept in your private life at home. I actually like how the outfits look though, otherwise I wouldn’t own them.

I’m more open to wearing skimpier outfits in public when it comes to games though. Now, would I actually wear some of the outfits I have worn in games in real life, most likely not. Quite honestly, a large percentage of them just look like they would be uncomfortable to actually wear.

(edited by Panda.1967)

in Suggestions

Blur.3465

Your right, I wouldn’t show up to a job interview in lingerie… in RL I don’t dress skimpy or provocative. Though I do have some outfits that are a bit revealing, but I never leave the house in them. It’s not really that I’m afraid to be seen in public wearing such attire, but rather that I find such outfits in the real world to be more appropriate to be kept in your private life at home. I actually like how the outfits look though, otherwise I wouldn’t own them.

I’m more open to wearing skimpier outfits in public when it comes to games though. Now, would I actually wear some of the outfits I have worn in games in real life, most likely not. Quite honestly, a large percentage of them just look like they would be uncomfortable to actually wear.

Fair enough!
I just think that beautiful clothes can still be made without looking too provocative. (In game) Especially for light armor wearers.

Feanor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I think it’s nice that there’s an MMO that has mostly covered up armor first and foremost with some skimpier choices on the side. I think it’s good in that it gives the characters in game overall more integrity and credibility. I mean just look at TERA can anyone take those people serious?

Either way I’m all for diversity of choice but if you look at the flipside I hardly see any male skimpy armor or asura, why don’t they get those choices? (not that I’d want the latter)

I actually would prefer to see more covered up armor sets that are more unique, feminine and beautiful for my characters. I feel that most of the covered up armor isn’t very detailed, weird and mostly not very complimentary. I wouldn’t mind seeing more types of dresses like this:

Attachments:

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Again, this is about choice! You have your’s and I’ll have mine. For every covered set, there should be a skimpy set. It’s called equality of choice. And, just to make a point, I’m going to run around LA in my undies now TY very much! Because again, it’s my prerogative.

btw… since people are listing they have Sylvari’s, you do realize they are a plant!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Suggestions

Panda.1967

I actually would prefer to see more covered up armor sets that are more unique, feminine and beautiful for my characters. I feel that most of the covered up armor isn’t very detailed, weird and mostly not very complimentary. I wouldn’t mind seeing more types of dresses like this:

I’d love to wear something like that dress on my Asura Mesmer… but I won’t ever be able to unless they give us Female armor on Asura… I’m tired of wearing the same armor as Male’s on my Asura… plus some of them are just totally inappropriate for females… you do realize the skimpiest armors in the game right now are on Asura and Charr Females because we are forced to wear the Male armor variants… right?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

Again, this is about choice! You have your’s and I’ll have mine. For every covered set, there should be a skimpy set. It’s called equality of choice. And, just to make a point, I’m going to run around LA in my undies now TY very much! Because again, it’s my prerogative.

btw… since people are listing they have Sylvari’s, you do realize they are a plant!

Both sides agree that there is an imbalance when it comes to sexy, skimpy armor and protective, elegant armor. Both sides just want a wider selection of armors to choose from so there’s some “equality of choice” as stated in your post. Scholar professions have a majority of skimpy robes with vestments that actually cover the skin being the minority. Medium armors are mostly trenchcoats, with some revealing sets. Heavy armors are heavy chunks of iron and steel with occasional sets that show cleavage, hip, abs, etc.

I think that’s the point of this thread. One side asking for more revealing sets while the other is asking for more classy, protective sets, though most are bashing on the armor scholar professions (mesmer, necro, ele) wear. Both sides want balance, with the ignorant minority showing disrespect for the opposing viewpoint and being completely oblivious of the protective/skimpy armor sets in their tier of armor like it doesn’t exist.

Also, for a couple of comments in this thread, nobody cares what you think. You’re a stranger. Are you honestly making assumptions about the personality of another stranger who you will probably never even take the time to meet anyways based on the type of armor they wear… in a FANTASY MMORPG… because you can see the underside of one of their breasts or their chiseled abs? If you’re losing respect for someone because they’re wearing something “too lewd” for a fantasy MMORPG and because they wouldn’t wear it to work then drop the game and take a break, it’s over, that’s when you know you’ve played too much internet and Facebook and you need a break. I could be wearing a banana suit to battle against Kralkatorrik, it will still be as viable as your CoF gear. Doesn’t matter how hard my banana suit offends you, I’m also pretty offended about your flaming armor that’s dyed Abyss black with the fractal donut attached to your back, doesn’t welcome me to put your choice of style down simply because I’m “offended.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Whether you are a female gamer or a male gamer, some of these armors are just downright offensive. It has nothing to do with being a prude. It has everything to do with not wanting to run around like you’re some kind of sex object.

I’m sick and tired of people being offending for crap they have nothing to do with. If I want my characters to wear a certain kind of clothes, that’s my choice. If you don’t like Feathered or Masquerade armor, wear the 17 (seventeen…I counted) other non-revealing armor options.

Frankly, I find it offensive that my free will must be influenced by your opinionated viewpoints. It’s annoying.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Whether you are a female gamer or a male gamer, some of these armors are just downright offensive. It has nothing to do with being a prude. It has everything to do with not wanting to run around like you’re some kind of sex object.

I’m sick and tired of people being offending for crap they have nothing to do with. If I want my characters to wear a certain kind of clothes, that’s my choice. If you don’t like Feathered or Masquerade armor, wear the 17 (seventeen…I counted) other non-revealing armor options.

Yet, you show up in our screens in offensively skimpy armor. That is not okey.
You insist that we wish to affect your “free will”?
Well, that is only because you wish to force your “free will” on us.

Consider this: If how you clothed yourself had zero effect on others, devs would be able to sell 13+ and 18+ versions of the game, where 13+ version wouldn’t have the option to run practically naked yourself, while still seeing the bondage / kitten armor that 18+ players wear.
So, I take it you understand now that “it’s only an option” is not really a valid argument.

Frankly, I find it offensive that my free will must be influenced by your opinionated viewpoints. It’s annoying.

Frankly, I find it offensive that my gaming experience must be influenced by your tactless demands. It’s annoying.

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

(edited by Fred Fargone.3127)

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

Yet, you show up in our screens in offensively skimpy armor. That is not okey.
You insist that we wish to affect your “free will”?
Well, that is only because you wish to force your “free will” on us.

Consider this: If how you clothed yourself had zero effect on others, devs would be able to sell 13+ and 18+ versions of the game, where 13+ version wouldn’t have the option to run practically naked yourself, while still seeing the bondage / kitten armor that 18+ players wear.
So, I take it you understand now that “it’s only an option” is not really a valid argument.

Frankly, I find it offensive that my gaming experience must be influenced by your tactless demands. It’s annoying.

Who offended by revealing armor but people like you. Who thinks normal beachwear
is offensive.

Are you trying to pose your extremist religious values on everyone. If so God does Not approve of you calling his creation offensive.

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

You have extremist point of view on what nudity is. I only view private areas as nudity.

I guess it differs from person to person, but we are not talking about nudity here…
I was talking about provocative types of armor, not nudity.

Guess you want everyone to wear burqas.

in Suggestions

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

If you’re offended by someone’s opinion, don’t come to a forum where opinions are discussed.

When I stand in an outpost like Lion’s Arch at any given day, there’s side-boob to my left and thong + cleavage to my right. I think its simply in poor taste. It has always been in poor taste in every single other MMO, and I make no excuses for GW2 (even if they have a limited selection of normal outfits).

Women want to run around in cool looking armors as well. When I run around in heavy armor, I want it to look like actual armor, and not a chainmale bikini with a steel thong. When I run around in medium armor, I want something that is a practical leather outfit, and not some fetish wear with under-boob, or only a trenchcoat (seriously there are a lot of trenchcoats). And when I wear light armor, I would prefer not to be stripped to my undergarments. I would like to wear something other than skimpy lolita skirts and dresses cut in half. Where are the cowls, and the cool looking chest plates? Where are the long riding boots?

We could really use more tasteful options. And I think it is completely fair game to criticize stupid armor design. Things that do not work in any practical sense deserve to be bashed.

in Suggestions

Zeefa.3915

@ Malafide
You do realise that GW2 has way more covering armor than skimpy right? Even in light armor. That you see it everywhere (apparently) means people like it.

No one is going to take away the decency and well covering looks from the game, likely more of those will be added too.
All we want is more options for skimpy too. Should we really be following your opinion on what is offensive? Don’t like the way my toon looks? Don’t talk to me, simple as that. We will have armor to our taste and you will have to yours.
BTW some women want the skimpy armor, because unlike you, they think it is cool. Most of the girls and women I know that plays GW2, and myself included like the skimpy armor.

@ DeWolfe
Yes I realise sylvari are plants. But I am not for skimpy armor to be “sexy” I just happen to like that style. Reason it matters with sylvari is that they got that glow at night, incredible patterns on their “skin”. To me a sylvari is a walking piece of art, and I cannot show how remarkable it is, because nearly no armor shows that.

Speaking of which… it is also incredibly sad to me that, with the beautyful fur of my charr that, that will never show. Can’t really be offensive on charr anyway… I mean… they are big cats, they barely have any human anatomy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: EMajor.3485

EMajor.3485

Ok I’m new to Guild Wars 2 (this is my first forum post and I’m still patching the client), but I just had to throw my 2 cents into THIS discussion.
I would like to begin by saying I disagree with almost everyone on this topic……..now that we have gotten that out of he way here are some reasons why:

a) Female Objectification
Why people still follow this tired old horse i’ll never know. Why is it wrong for say Nariko to run around in her floaty outfit and yet Kratos gets away with charging minotaurs essentially in his undies. People, men are men and women are women, and both have hormones, pretending that they aren’t there won’t make them go away so if some people would rather look at a pretty lv 60 uber mage is that so disgusting that we have to protest about NON STOP in EVERY FORUM on the web.

b) Armor realization
I have seen a lot of posts here about the reality of medieval armor. Take a moment to say that to yourself slowly “reality of medieval armor”. Living in the 21st century there is no reality of medieval armor, such kinds of protection are severely outdated. The reason they are outdated is BECAUSE they are hard to move in. (NO one does back flips in full plate mail, in fact medieval knights didn’t even know what a back flip was)

c) Fun Factor
You’ll have to excuse me all the caps so far but just once more. IT IS A GAME. it is this point that validates everything that arena.net has done. In real life medieval armor is stupid, hard to move in and offers less protection than say Kevlar. But since this is a game we can make it cool, very protective and pull off the aforementioned back flips. simply put it’s allowed because it’s fantasy i.e not real. (yes even the duct tape feather armor)

To sum up my comment is less on the post and more on the reaction to it. Seriously it’s a game people have some fun and stop being so uptight about everything.

As for my opinion. I for one would like a game to have lots of variety as to what you can make your characters look like what you want them to look like and if others want to stare ……… so …… what.

Well i think my patch is done so i’ll see you online and let the hate mail begin

in Suggestions

Fred Fargone.3127

@EMajor
I don’t think ya addressed my problem there… The problem that I have with skimpy armor is the same that I have with (cosmetic) mounts. It is not optional as a lot of people tend to think, I don’t want someone shove a dolyaks, or a Norns, behind on my Asura’s face.
At least if someone does that now, it’s bunch of armor rather than bare skin.

That, and I wouldn’t want LA turn into one large strip-club

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible

(edited by Fred Fargone.3127)

in Suggestions

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

b) Armor realization
snip (NO one does back flips in full plate mail, in fact medieval knights didn’t even know what a back flip was)

The discussion was about whether you could move in full plate, the way characters move in GW2. And the answer to that point is, yes! You can do all of that in heavy plate male. I even posted a video of someone of normal posture, doing cartwheels in plate male. You can’t just pull a quote out of context like that, without following what the discussion was actually about. One poster made incorrect claims, and I proved him wrong.

c) Fun Factor
You’ll have to excuse me all the caps so far but just once more. IT IS A GAME. it is this point that validates everything that arena.net has done. In real life medieval armor is stupid, hard to move in and offers less protection than say Kevlar. But since this is a game we can make it cool, very protective and pull off the aforementioned back flips. simply put it’s allowed because it’s fantasy i.e not real. (yes even the duct tape feather armor)

You are WRONG. In real life medieval armor is not that heavy at all, and is quite easy to move around in. Having worn it myself, I can testify to that claim. But don’t just take my word for it, ANYONE who has worn full plate can tell you that. You are simply making false claims because you don’t know any better. The idea that medieval plate male was heavy and cumbersome is an urban legend, persistently told by everyone with no knowledge about armor.

Medieval plate male is made of quite flexible joints, allowing your arms and legs full motion in all directions. It is usually also worn with chain male underneath, also quite flexible, but a bit heavier. Underneath all that would usually be some kind of cloth, to protect the skin against the greased up chain male. (you don’t want to wear chain male on your bare skin all day) But as heavy as all of this sounds, its not that bad really. You can run in it, do backflips and cartwheels in it. But it does get a little hot if you do a lot of fighting in it. Then again, so does kevlar!

And the idea that it offers less protection than kevlar is also false. Kevlar mostly protects you against bullets, but that’s about it. Have you actually tested what the protective value of plate male is? You should try actually wearing it some time. It is quite easy to get your hands on these days, as many people make replicas. And you may find that some of our modern bullets have a hard time going through some medieval armor when combined with chain male. It would be interesting to see some tests with this.

While we’re at it, katanas also don’t cut cars in half, and are not superior to European swords, just to dispel a few more myths regarding medieval weaponry.

As for my opinion. I for one would like a game to have lots of variety as to what you can make your characters look like what you want them to look like and if others want to stare ……… so …… what.

So what? I don’t want players staring up at my undergarments while I’m playing. How about that? The options for less skimpy clothing are currently very limited.

in Suggestions

Zeefa.3915

@Malafide
They seriously are not as limited as you make it to be. Either way I want you to have the option you wish for in the game. Ofc. I do, you should have that right.
Then those of us wanting skimpy armor can get that too, one does not exclude the other.

@Fred
It is optional, don’t use the armor, look the other way when you see others wearing it. I think some of the fully covering armors are butt ugly, CoF and that Dredge look comes to mind. But will I bother those that like it and tell them not to wear it? No, it is to their taste, they think it is awesome and so be it.

I really don’t think it will be skimpy armors all over the place, just because some more is added, there will still be other options, more of those should be added too. Some will choose one, some the other. Not giving us the choice would be stupid.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CeNedro.7560

CeNedro.7560

I’d love to see more skimpy armor. I don’t have any choice for my human male thief Even smth like thisarmor would be great: http://www.guildwiki.de/wiki/Datei:Assassine_Elite-Exoten-R%C3%BCstung_M%C3%A4nnlich_vorne.jpg

(edited by CeNedro.7560)

in Suggestions

Fred Fargone.3127

@Fred
It is optional, don’t use the armor, look the other way when you see others wearing it. I think some of the fully covering armors are butt ugly, CoF and that Dredge look comes to mind. But will I bother those that like it and tell them not to wear it? No, it is to their taste, they think it is awesome and so be it.

Sure, there are ugly armors, but if someone dresses in horribly mismatching clothes, that hardly can hurt your moral code, right?
Then again, if everyone around you is half naked… I really don’t wanna walk into an orgy every time I enter LA.

I really don’t think it will be skimpy armors all over the place, just because some more is added, there will still be other options, more of those should be added too. Some will choose one, some the other. Not giving us the choice would be stupid.

Well, okey, it might be that OP just spooked me:

Guess whats the most popular human armor within the game? You guess it, the human cultural tier 3. Here it is
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/BokoCasso/j1.png
Doesn’t that prove anything?

since that would indicate that if you add more skimpy, and skimpyer, armor, it would be all over the place.

Oh, by the way, when you say “skimpy”, just how skimpy do you mean? Since I can’t stop thinking everyone just wants chainmail bikini.

in Suggestions

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

@Malafide
They seriously are not as limited as you make it to be.

I think some of the fully covering armors are butt ugly, CoF and that Dredge look comes to mind.

Well you pretty much summed up my point. There are options for fully clothed, or decently clothed armors… but a lot of them are just really ugly. That is why more options would be most welcome.

And for the record, I don’t mind people dressing sexy. But there’s a difference between sexy, and dressing like a prostitute. Some armors are just very offensive to look at. Not because I’m a prude, but… they are wearing a thong! They are prancing around through the bloody Shiverpeaks in a thong! No one has an issue with that? Am I really one of the few who finds that dumb and offensive?

in Suggestions

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

To add to discussion, if you want more skimpy armors make it both ways.
I have yet to see something like this in game
http://www.terafans.com/uploads/1276104551/gallery_24_4_5085197.png

If any1 is demanding more female skimpy armors we have the right to demand more male ones too. We got nothing like that in game, except gladiator armor maybe but that’s sorta expected to be like that. We got plenty of fem characters running around with 90% skin exposure light armors and that T3 medium one, so it’s not really fair towards people who would like to see some skin on their male characters.

It’s not something I personally prefer but it would be fun for once.

It comes down to 1 fundamental fact – if you have a single armor set, where both sets, male and female, are designed to be practical then it’s fair. If the same armor set is skimpy and revealing for both genders, then it’s fair. If within the same set only the male one is practical and closed, and female revealing, that’s sexist, I’m sorry.

I’m all in for more options. What I’m against is double standards in armor design. Armor is not clothing – it’s meant to protect you. Google and real life armors and you’ll see what I’m talking about. That’s why I find most light armors like that in this game insulting, and it creeps me out that most people would go for it, but whatever. In my personal opinion we don’t need more of those, if you want me to be honest. What we need is more armor sets in general. GW2 has handled this issue very mature (well, for the most part) and it would be absolutely degrading if they went in the direction of most MMO-s regarding gender armor issue.

(edited by CharrGirl.7896)

in Suggestions

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

What I’m against is double standards in armor design. That’s why I find most light armors like that in this game insulting, and it creeps me out that most people would go for it, but whatever. Charr ftw

I completely agree! Double standards.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

I want to see more armor skins in general. I like skimpy armors, but I also like some well designed heavy armors that have you covered literally from head to toe. For example, human heavy cultural tier 3 is fantastic, I frikkin’ love it. But so do I love the elegant fairy like light armor with the wings, it’s elegant and sexy.

http://www.thelastsanctuary.com/sites/default/files/gallery/3/female_light_winged.png

More skins = more possibilities to personalize your character.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caatalyst.7289

Caatalyst.7289

I can’t believe how much this thread has spiralled out of control.

The original post was a simple request for more skimpy / revealing clothes for medium armour wearers.

If you are not interested in seeing this happen, then why even respond? If you want to see less skimpy / revealing clothes then create your own thread.

Mad Queen Malafide, I don’t understand why you are trying to be so antagonistic towards this thread. It doesn’t help fight your cause (whatever that might be) it just makes you come across as not a very nice person. At the end of the day if walking through LA makes you sick then maybe you should consider closing your account down and trying another game?

I’m 25, male and I play a female character in skimpy armour. My girlfriend who is also 25 plays a female in skimpy armour.

I found some of the comments on this thread to be incredibly offensive, undermining the intelligence of both me and my girlfriend because we like the ‘sexy’ appearance.

This is NOT real life, This is a fantasy game where we get to escape after a kitten day at work and disconnect from reality.

For everyone else who doesn’t like skimpy armour… don’t wear it.

If even the sight of your fellow players wearing it infuriates you…. then leave the game and go play something else.

(edited by Caatalyst.7289)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deinxceriis.6754

Deinxceriis.6754

1: After all, this is an MMO and we should be able to dress our characters the way we want it to be.

2: Where did somewhat immature and whimsical, but also absolutely essential staples of fantasy fashion go?

3: There is enough applied magic and game-mechanic-elements that are more an offense to logic and immersion than presumably enchanted jockstrap providing the same protection as slightly less enchanted spiky armored greaves with skulls on their kneecaps.

4: One point I agree with is various Asian allegedly-free-games using skimpy armor to an atrocious extent as a marketing gimmick. but I’m not asking for that. I ask for choice in the matter.

I would agree on your first point, you should be able to dress them how you want and you can within what GW2 has provided. It’s also your own personal fantasy to dress them how you THINK they need to be. And as you said many will disagree and agree. Give it time, perhaps more articles of clothing will be added.

On your second point, I’m not sure what you were trying to say. In my mind, fantasy fashion staples were much less revealing and rewarding if you happen to marry a gentleman. In that sense the body was more exciting when it came to classical bedroom time or foreplay. When you wear skimpy clothes I think that part of the surprise vanishes, since you’re referring to open sexuality – skin becomes expected as you’re implying sexy and desired which wasn’t really present then. And in an MMO, why should it? Isn’t that what Second Life is for?

On the third quote – I think it would be safe to say that fashion in itself is an offense to logic in a fantasy based world. Logic dictates that the better armored you’re, the less damage there will be to your flesh or mind. But in a setting within town or a city, the skimpy clothes might indicate one is looking to sell themselves for your good time. Perhaps what you’re looking for is a feature to do so, that going unsaid – sex sells which comes to the fourth quote.

You must be asking for that, for it grants both sales and your desire to dress your character the way you want… Or the way media and magazines have brainwashed you to think how you should dress and sell your character to your own desires.

I think it’s safe to say that fashion has been sold to you, it’s not your own but a baited hook which subtle instinct grabs hold of – catching your sexuality, desire, vanity and nothing more.

But here we’re in a fantasy game.

in Suggestions

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide, I don’t understand why you are trying to be so antagonistic towards this thread. It doesn’t help fight your cause (whatever that might be) it just makes you come across as not a very nice person. At the end of the day if walking through LA makes you sick then maybe you should consider closing your account down and trying another game?

Disagreeing with the sexy outfits in the game makes me come across as not a nice person?

If anyone makes a topic demanding more skimpy outfits, the word “skimpy” alone is sure to attract people that do not agree with this sentiment. To feel offended that some people then express that opinion (in a very polite way even), is dishonesty of the highest level.

And to top it off, you suggest that I stop playing the game and close my account because I disagree with your opinion. Well that just sums up just about every topic on this forum doesn’t it?

in Suggestions

Fred Fargone.3127

The original post was a simple request for more skimpy / revealing clothes for medium armour wearers.

If you are not interested in seeing this happen, then why even respond? If you want to see less skimpy / revealing clothes then create your own thread.

I’m 25, male and I play a female character in skimpy armour. My girlfriend who is also 25 plays a female in skimpy armour.

I found some of the comments on this thread to be incredibly offensive, undermining the intelligence of both me and my girlfriend because we like the ‘sexy’ appearance.

This is NOT real life, This is a fantasy game where we get to escape after a kitten day at work and disconnect from reality.

If even the sight of your fellow players wearing it infuriates you…. then leave the game and go play something else.

If you read through some of my replies, it should be blatantly obvious that players running in offencively skimpy wear (I’m not sure what level of skimpiness you’re going for, but I’m afraid it’s something like chainmail bikinis?) affect everyone around them.

in Suggestions

Caatalyst.7289

Disagreeing with the sexy outfits in the game makes me come across as not a nice person?

If anyone makes a topic demanding more skimpy outfits, the word “skimpy” alone is sure to attract people that do not agree with this sentiment. To feel offended that some people then express that opinion (in a very polite way even), is dishonesty of the highest level.

And to top it off, you suggest that I stop playing the game and close my account because I disagree with your opinion. Well that just sums up just about every topic on this forum doesn’t it?

There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with the author, or the thread supports. It’s your response approach which is aggressive and antagonising towards others.

I didn’t say you should close your account because you disagree with my opinion. Unless your capable of time travel this would have been impossible as you did not know my opinion until I made that post. I said you should close your account and play another game because you’ve stated earlier in the thread that the armour sets available do not meet your standards and you clearly feel very strongly not only by how they appear, but how other people enjoy them and would like to see even more armour of this type. I would not play a game if I thought that the content was offensive.

in Suggestions

Caatalyst.7289

If you read through some of my replies, it should be blatantly obvious that players running in offencively skimpy wear (I’m not sure what level of skimpiness you’re going for, but I’m afraid it’s something like chainmail bikinis?) affect everyone around them.

Fred, there aren’t any chain mail bikinis available in Guild Wars 2 so we will have to post pone this debate.

in Suggestions

Fred Fargone.3127

Fred, there aren’t any chain mail bikinis available in Guild Wars 2 so we will have to post pone this debate.

Mkay, but I thought that was something people in this thread wanted? I mean, if you google “Skimpy armor” that is pretty much everything you get.
Do pardon me if I misunderstood what you want, but you must agree that the title is a bit misleading.

in Suggestions

Caatalyst.7289

The author of this thread was suggesting that Arena Net add more outfits for medium armour wearers that appear like the Human Cultural Tier 3. He did not mean that he wants to see everyone running around in nipple tassels

in Suggestions

Caatalyst.7289

Or chain mail nipple tassels if you prefer.

in Suggestions

Fred Fargone.3127

The author of this thread was suggesting the Arena Net add more outfits for medium armour wearers that appear like the Human Cultural Tier 3. He did not mean that he wants to see everyone running around in nipple tassels

Ahhhh… Okey, I’ve been worrying over nothing then, I guess. I don’t find Tier 3 overly decent, but I can live with people running around in that sort of clothing.

I’m just against people running around in something like chainmail bikini, plate thong or some bondage armor.