Mounts [Merged]

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aefion.8719

Aefion.8719

Did you even read his post ? And no mounts will not fit in this game,and they won’t come anyway,end of story.

Yes I read this post.

Give me one good reason.

And sense are you the final authority on everything?

I bet Caedmon didn’t even read my original post reply on the first page lol. So he doesn’t even really have a basis to his argument.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

I always love the fact that peeps be saying that is does not fit the game and right in the game we have images like this http://cghub.com/images/view/289860/

http://cghub.com/images/view/289858/

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: ragecryx.7084

ragecryx.7084

I think that if mounts were to be used in conjunction with some cool game mechanic then they would be fine. Like riding a special supply Dolyak in WvWvW taking different route than normal (with the same speed as the current Dolyaks) or some jousting mini game (in the sense of keg brawl) etc. But definitely not for transportation, the place will be cluttered with characters afking showing off their shiny mounts.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vigilence.4902

Vigilence.4902

Yes for mounts, but only if properly implemented.

Nothing generic.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Qaletaqa Hania.2598

Qaletaqa Hania.2598

If mounts come to Guild Wars 2 in the future then they should not be allowed in town(s). And that’s all I have to say about it.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tristen Ayvon.3187

Tristen Ayvon.3187

I also like the idea of mounts, but ground only. Could be a thing where like you know, if you are in combat, you are dismounted (simply as just being attacked). Maybe implement mounts as available in areas where you have 100%. (This could give an alternative to WP travel). Some of the terrain may not be passable by mounts, which I feel would make it even more realistic. Imagine. You and a party going along on your steeds and you reach an area, and have to dismount to continue through (or go the long way around on your mounts).

And maybe when you enter combat/are attacked, you’re dismounted (maybe even brief knockdown if attacked, while you could have the option of dismounting (1 or .5 sec) without getting knocked down so that there is also a disadvantage to riding [aka the slight speed boost you get from your mount]) and your mount “runs away”. After combat, you can call it and watch as it comes galloping to you from the horizon. (Maybe not in a mountain top, but in some field or road). Also, not make them available in towns. Towns are foot only.

But seriously, it would be pretty sweet. I mean, you’re fighting a dynamic event, somehting big, and you hear the thundering of hooves and a small cloud of dust just as a group arrives to do battle with this monster. They dismount and engage. The cavalry has arrived. (I think I might have to go change my pants from the imagery in my head).

TL;DR: Add ground mounts with some speed boost, mounts have limitations on where they can go. Dismount takes some time (.5-1 sec), while being attacked while on horseback will activate a knockdown effect on you. Available in areas with 100%.

Cheers!

Watching the world burn thanks to kittens.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: qontroL.1276

qontroL.1276

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No Hell No Gawd No Please No

stop making these posts, there have already been 100s of these with the same dumb suggestions…Mounts do not belong in Guildwars, neither do Aerocrafts.

Singlehandedly the worst thing they cud ever do to Guildwars, and I know that they wont cuz Anet feels the same, so give up n ride ur cowhounddogleopard in another MMORPG

Madskillz – Stormbluff Isle (NA)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zinthros.6589

Zinthros.6589

Sure, as long as there’s no flying ones.

Also they should only provide an equivalent to permanent swiftness in terms of speed (which certain professions can maintain or approach anyway). The addition of mounts that offer speed equivalent to out of combat + swiftness would equalize balance / convenience between professions.

Also, make ranger pets scale in size with the level (and maybe race) of their owner, and allow riding certain kinds. Perhaps have a slider that lets you determine how big your pet is, with the higher areas being unlocked with level. Why? Bear cavalry.

Norn. Bear. Cavalry.

Varamyr Langkron / Kirk Vandergrift
Commander on Tarnished Coast [RE]
Greatsword Ranger before it was cool

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marmalade.9750

Marmalade.9750

Mounts are a prime tool for grinding mats. Sooo, I am all against them:)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tradewind.6913

Tradewind.6913

What about mounts to bypass content. I think that would become a concern. GW2 has many areas that have large concentrations of mobs, right now you’re somewhat forced to deal with them if you’re trying to get somewhere. Mounts would serve to trivialize that danger.

Most games handle this by forcing you off your mount if you get hit.

The bypassing content argument doesn’t fly with me. All the waypoints are a bit more ridiculous in my mind with regards to bypassing content. Even if you have to find them first, you only need to find them once and then you can bounce around anywhere instantly? Waypoints severely break up the flow of exploration.

Mounts would be far better than waypoints. You should have one recall stone that brings you to your major city, portals, and mounts. Nix the waypoints I say.

Agreed. It’s amusing that people try to argue against the inclusion of mounts on the grounds of “trivialising content” when that is precisely what the waypoint system does. So essentially, they are for the waypoint system because it’s already in the game, but against mounts because they are not.

Forgot about this gem from last week. I’d like to point out that I am not actually arguing against their inclusion as it’s something that’s mostly out of my control anyway, if it happens it happens. However, I did ask a perfectly legitimate question, if the concept is as sound as you pretend it to be it should be able to stand up to any scrutiny. But there’s some flaws in both of your arguments, more so in the latter.

Firstly, waypoints do not exist on every square inch of the game, you do not waypoint into the midst of whatever location you’re trying to get to all of the time, you’re waypointing near to it and then running the remaining distance. You are essentially waypointing to any distance in and around the waypoint up to whatever half the distance is to the next one. You still have to travel, so no waypoints and mounts are not the same thing in terms of bypassing content.

If you’ve noticed in GW2, you do not enter combat until you attack the enemy or they incapacitate/cripple you in some way. You remain at full sprint until then, as for “other games” this holds true for how their mounts generally work, of course I refer to WoW’s mounts as it is the most recognizable version I’m sure. Unless you are dazed, rooted, crippled or engage combat on your own, you remain mounted. This allows you to run through with near impunity, any mobs that you come across before you get to or near your destination. How is that not bypassing content?

If we go with the first suggestion that “when you get hit you’re dismounted,” you’re going to have a pretty awful time riding through somewhere like Orr. Unless the caveat to that is “dismount when you get hit and reduce the density of mobs in zones to accomodate mount travel.” In which case you’re again, trivializing content. The second caveat to this is “mounts are purely cosmetic.” Which, from reading most of the other comments advocating their inclusion is not the intention, but for mounts to be faster than normal sprint speed.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: moyako.7064

moyako.7064

GW2 doesn’t need mounts, in my opinion. You can teleport anywere without problems, and flying mounts would make jumping puzzles useless.

Aaaaaand, you will destroy poor Asura’s source of income

(edited by moyako.7064)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dr Anthrax.4723

Dr Anthrax.4723

Mounts may be a better idea if they ever introduce massive zones. It would make sense if you are exploring the massive open crystal desert to be able to ride a regular horse across it. No bears, no dragon, no rocket, no silly mounts. Just regular horses, mustangs, etc.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rich.5371

Rich.5371

Mounts ruin the aspect of exploration. Look at the flying mounts in WoW, it’s a joke.

As said above, mounts have no place in this game. Do you really need a mount when there’s already tons of waypoints in the game vs a single flight path like in, say, WoW? Didn’t know people could be that lazy

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Domo.7618

Domo.7618

I still think that mounts would make this game “smaller”…but if they put one day mounts into the game, I like to have one of those! http://z0r.de/3542

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Naminator.9316

Naminator.9316

Why not add mounts?

I don’t get it, what would be such a big deal for all those people who say no?

I would also like flying mounts added too.

But of course only make them usable in an area where you did 100%.

Seriously I don’t see the big deal! I would love to have some kitten horse or a bear to ride around on!

People need to stop being so uptight about things, so what if we have a teleportation system? I thought this game was more about just playing and having fun? And mounts can bring people more fun, so why not do it?

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Domo.7618

Domo.7618

If they put mounts into the game, everyone will except that you can move faster with them. When you can move faster,…
- you can farm faster, and the price for ore etc. will drop.
- the world will apper smaller.
- less people will ressurect other players, because nobody likes to get of his mount – rez – and get on the mount again

… and be able to fight,
- than you will see players kite Champions solo
- rush in WvsWvsW from point to point
- be able to dodge most atacks by out-ranging the atacker
- make most speed up buffs from other classes useless

etc.

ther are quit few points why ther should´t be mounts in the game.

Personaly I dont realy care if ther are mounts or not, just like it that ther arnt.

(sorry about my bad english)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dezert Stormz.7248

Dezert Stormz.7248

They Should Just Make Speed Boosters that boost ur run speed for like 30min , those are already in the game but only from Black Lion Chest’s. this should be sold in or the Gem shop or just at some NPC’s for gold or karma.
But Mounts….. nty.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rich.5371

Rich.5371

They Should Just Make Speed Boosters that boost ur run speed for like 30min , those are already in the game but only from Black Lion Chest’s. this should be sold in or the Gem shop or just at some NPC’s for gold or karma.
But Mounts….. nty.

There’s food in the game that gives you a chance to gain swiftness after you kill an enemy just so you know

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sypher.2451

Sypher.2451

Yes I would like to see mounts in this game but exclusive to lvl 80 player where they have been and explore most places already. It would also add more of a accomplishment once you hit 80 and distinguish us from other player. Purely cosmetic is fine or some boost like swiftness or extra storage is up to Anet.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Heretic.7528

Heretic.7528

I would love the see mounts implemented in a fun or unique way. I don’t think they should be there just to get around the map(that’s what the waypoints are for) but instead there maybe to add a new dynamic to combat and short distance movement. Make it so that when you mount an animal, you get a brand new set of moves(much like under water combat) and where certain classes can only use certain weapons on them(maybe even introduce new weapons, like a lance, or new moves, like an acrobatic leap from the mount for the thief/mesmer). Make it so that the mount oesn’t just “disappear” when you’re knocked off your mount(crippling or knockback attacks could force you off), forcing you to go back after it. Give the mounts some sort of trample damage to downed opponents. Even if it’s primary use was to simply just charge into combat and break “front lines”, it would still pretty fun. There are so many opportunities to make mounted combat different, fun and deep. Something completely different from what you would find in other games like swtor or WoW(I really hate how, when you mention mounts, the only thing that people can think of are WoW mounts, or the way WoW chose to implement mounts, but ANet has an opportunity here to redefine what mounts in an MMO mean completely).

(edited by Heretic.7528)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: ManLove.2457

ManLove.2457

We should be able to carry party members piggy-back.

This is god sent if they allow u to move downed people away from the one shot boss

If you can see this then I broke something badly…

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I have laid out perfectly valid reasons why mounts should be in the game. Second, Anet have said no FLYING mounts. Third all those people saying no to mounts have no argument at all, they are obviously biased and selfish and think the game should be made for them only.

Um.. Is asking for mounts not trying to make the game for you only? Mounts don’t have a place when we have waypoints. Only arguement, only one we need. If you think it takes away the scenic view and you “miss” too much just by teleporting around, then walk. No one said you have to use wp, its just a quick method to getting around. Just need lower prices so its not such a heartbreaking gold sink but overall, it’s a fine system that too many people use for their arguement on mounts, which would definitly help you skip content and just crowd up many places with unwanted furries.
Areanet, please shut this drawn out topic down or post somewhere saying you aren’t considering this so they stop begging…

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

(edited by NinjaEd.3946)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: OurDelusions.2635

OurDelusions.2635

I would vote no on mounts. If they introduced mounts, it should be a reward for the following: reaching level 80 AND having explored 100% of the map. The mount would also not have any speed increase and would be purely for looks only. Also, if riding in a zone, you would not be able to “run away” from mobs, and would be dismounted upon aggro. Perhaps a bit much, but I don’t think GW2 needs mounts. The first game didn’t, and it’s one of my favorite things about these games.

The first game also had full time speed boosts accessible by every profession -_- and was also on a small scale….. so running was really fast >_>

also running was by far, my favorite thing from gw1, and if it made a comeback, I’d be extremely happy!

End of Witty Comments. Semper Fi kiddies.
Don’t chase shadows, cuz you just might find whats in ’em – Cpl Braunsberg

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zinthros.6589

Zinthros.6589

Look people, mounts would be an equalizer if they gave out of combat speed plus swiftness. That’s plenty fast to make a difference and not enough to trivialize the game.

And if you really want to say I’m wrong, consider this:

Multiple professions have access to 100% uptime on swiftness. Some have an approximation (thief signet). Others don’t. If you are really against mounts because they’d be “too fast” then I guess we’d better take away that signet and nerf warrior + engineer so they can’t maintain 100% uptime on swiftness anymore.

Varamyr Langkron / Kirk Vandergrift
Commander on Tarnished Coast [RE]
Greatsword Ranger before it was cool

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shandim.8694

Shandim.8694

Adding mounts won’t create mobility issues… people are already speeding around with 33% swiftness buffs. Riding a mount is the same idea, just with an animal under your character.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jiminimokna.1270

Jiminimokna.1270

Mounts in specific arenas for PVP might be a good idea. Being able to ride some of those huge Charr tanks, the helicopter etc., in certain instanced areas could be interesting.

Mounts to travel around the world, not at the moment, for all the reasons posted above me. I would never say never though, so maybe one day mounts could be added, as long as they don’t interfere with how the rest of the game works.

Go Rin No Sho – Gandara EU
PvE, PvP, WvWvW
www.gorinnosho.com

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sokram.7856

Sokram.7856

Mounts will kill the idea of exploration. Scenarios were made to be seen, not rushed. I fully disagree

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Shandim.8694

Mounts will kill the idea of exploration. Scenarios were made to be seen, not rushed. I fully disagree

By this logic, swiftness buffs kill the idea of exploration.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sir Richter Belmont.3258

Sir Richter Belmont.3258

no mounts, with time everyone will find an easier to farm and gain money like its nothing and WP costs will seem like nothing, so in the end:

NEIN!!!

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Shandim.8694

no mounts, with time everyone will find an easier to farm and gain money like its nothing and WP costs will seem like nothing, so in the end:

NEIN!!!

Ok, so why shouldn’t mounts be added for cosmetic/collectible purposes? If your thoughts are that mounts would provide too much mobility, then why shouldn’t mounts with no bonuses to movement speed be added purely for aesthetic purposes? Be a bit more constructive with your feedback please. We’ve already seen enough posts of people saying “NO” and providing no reason whatsoever.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Sokram.7856

Swiftness has a what, 5, 10, 15 secs duration? It’s not permanent, like the mounts would be. I played WoW for a long time, and the mount system got boring really fast. As a collectible item? Sure, i had a few rare mounts. Yet, it does make you ignore everything else. Someone being attacked? Meh, screw that. Someone downed? Meh, not gonna unmount to help.

Swiftness is not something permanent, in the fact that you have to activate it everytime the cooldown is gone. Mounts are mounts, and when you use it, you just go to an auto-pilot mode..

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tristen Ayvon.3187

Tristen Ayvon.3187

NEIN!!!

Because farming is TOTALLY what we want to do in this game. I’ll admit I’ve done it some to pad my coinpurse, but then I go to WvW (Where my coinpurse becomes considerably lighter), which is where I’d rather spend my silver and gold instead of having to pay an arm and a leg to get around via WP. Right now, I often prefer running, though with the wide expanses, it sometimes gets kind of long and tiring (I do enjoy the scenery though, so a mount would be like an in-between WP and running).

Cheers!

PS/EDIT: Talking about scenery, I feel like I’d totally just stop every once in a while to just look around the awesome landscape while on top of my majestic steed.

Watching the world burn thanks to kittens.

(edited by Tristen Ayvon.3187)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Sokram.7856

Shandim, if it was in that aspect, i wouldn’t feel anything wrong against it. Pure aesthetic purposes, or collectible items, sure. If it does add a movement bonus, it would change the game…a lot :X

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Shandim.8694

A few people have already noted that some professions have access to 100% swiftness uptime with refined builds. For those particular professions, swiftness is permanent when exploring. Other builds have access to high percentages of swiftness uptime when exploring as well. Essentially, if mounts were implemented properly, they could simply serve as another form of swiftness. If the decision that mounts would provide too much mobility for players was reached by the ArenaNet team for whatever reason, then that particular issue should not provide reason to deny the idea of adding mounts for aesthetic purposes. There are ways that mounts could be implemented to compensate for “too much mobility” as well. Perhaps being mounted could open up a new skill-set, where the mount would have a temporary dash ability, and then return to a reasonable speed until the skill cooldown has refreshed. I also believe that it would make sense for players to be dismounted upon entering combat in order to resolve the issue of content-skipping.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: SirNuX.2371

SirNuX.2371

Please no, please dont ruin the game by adding mounts, that would be horrible

Yurkov – Necromancer – 80
Roma Yurkov – Warrior – 65
[DIE] Dragons In Exile – Far Shiverpeaks

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Shandim.8694

Please no, please dont ruin the game by adding mounts, that would be horrible

For what reason would it be horrible?

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mynotower.5834

Mynotower.5834

I’d like to see mounts in the game.
Come on, there are already centaurs, dolyaks, wheel carts and the charr vehicles.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: jordanogmz.4531

jordanogmz.4531

Would be nice if u can TAME YOUR OWN MOUNT over the world of course with certain rules like:

-not everything is a mount…
-only animals… (NO Flying at leats for the moment…)
-Hability for TAME a beast *
-you can only use 1 mount at time
-no more than 5 mount per person
-
Not all the mount have the same speed (that is a good point)
-
U have to train the hability* (that means only who train the hability can get a top high speed mount or something like that…)
-Map Zones that u only can travel with mount because for some reason the asura gates doesnt works
-Rare mount in shop (but u still need to train the hability for use it)
-Not used for combats only for explore and travel

THAT MAKE THE MOUNT SIYSTEM DIFERENT TO OTHERS GAMES

What can i say… im an adventurer i like to ride and travel over the world explore and kill beast for pleasure learning about the zones… portal make me lazy sometimes. Thats somethink that i think and should work in this cool awesome ultra amazing game! Hope u like my idea guys

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sparkie.3465

Sparkie.3465

I think they should add an item to the gem store that lets you move faster, but doesn’t work in sPVP or WvW. Long duration swiftness. Akin to the auto-res items. Let’s sort out who wants to move faster and who just likes collecting things and can’t get their mind around the concept of collecting a different kind of vanity item.

For the vanity collectors – there are plenty of options available to you. Pets, dyes, item skins, transformation elixirs. Why specifically do you want to collect mounts? Because they are big and hard to miss when you want everyone to pay attention to you? Wait a little bit and they’ll add “big” collection items like costumes and more tonics. There were plenty of ways to show off in GW1 – they’re just slightly more subtle than the WoW manner of showing off and they’re more in the style of the rest of the Guild Wars universe. If you want to vanity collect mounts, please come up with a bit more of an explanation of what aspect of mounts make them a more appealing collectible than anything else.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dragonhero.1852

Dragonhero.1852

If mounts come to Guild Wars 2 in the future then they should not be allowed in town(s). And that’s all I have to say about it.

Agreed.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dragonhero.1852

Dragonhero.1852

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No Hell No Gawd No Please No

stop making these posts, there have already been 100s of these with the same dumb suggestions…Mounts do not belong in Guildwars, neither do Aerocrafts.

Singlehandedly the worst thing they cud ever do to Guildwars, and I know that they wont cuz Anet feels the same, so give up n ride ur cowhounddogleopard in another MMORPG

Lol

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

Mounts would be nice for some jumping puzzles…

… Just kidding, I don’t want any flying mount.
But I loved to collect miniatures and mounts in WoW, as much as I loved to collect miniatures in GW1. It was a part of “end-game” to me.
Now… where are they gone? Miniatures are in the Gem Store.
Miniatures for characters birthday, special quests, contests, magazines… all gone.

At least, you could make some ground mounts to revive the joy of collecting things in GW2. And the joy of riding a Moa, a Warg or even a Pig! (Imagine yourself riding a drake… Ouch!).

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Shandim.8694

Bumping this to prevent repeated topics

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Larkir.6502

Larkir.6502

I don’t get why people in this thread think mounts are integral to a fantasy setting. Sure GW2 has a fantasy setting, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the same fantasy setting as in other games, movies and stories.

I mean, think about this: The charr have tanks standing around in the black citadel. The asura have invented waypoints and asura gates. If we had teleporters in today’s society that were accessible throughout the world, who would ever use an airplane? How common is it ride a horse to work in today’s society when there’s cars and bicycles etc.?

Having mounts in GW2 wouldn’t make sense except for in certain situations or areas like in some unexplored wilderness that has no waypoints in them. As I’ve already said, I wouldn’t mind if they added more temporary mounts that gave you abilities when mounted (like the siege devourer in gw1 or the golems you can enter in gw2) or mounts that only worked in certain areas. Mounts that you can find in games like WoW really have no place in the Guild Wars universe.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Shandim.8694

@Larkir

Those are valid points, and definitely should be taken into consideration.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The only mounts that should be in this game are combat mounts, like Siege golems, siege devourers, Charr war vehicles, naval combat boats, and the like.

Things that you get temporarily for a purpose, instead things you get to keep and use anywhere.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nicodemus.1486

Nicodemus.1486

egads, many pages. =) generally i’m pro mount. i’d like to be able to move faster, and enjoy the scenery the art team painstakingly constructed.

RIFT has a good balance of mounts and teleporters at key junctions, and no flying mounts.

as for PvP, i dunno, if done right, mounted combat could be very cool. if the devs were intentional about pioneering such a thing, i trust they could do a great job. but it’d have to be a system.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: AlexanderFaust.4518

AlexanderFaust.4518

Agree with so many here ~ MOUNTS DONT BELONG IN GW2

Unless they’re like the golemsuits and/or siege mouts for ya know.. siegeing stuff… :P

#Keep mounts out of GW2

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yitsul.8342

Yitsul.8342

mounts get in the way, I say Nay!

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

no mounts.

but if there are mounts. then make them cost very expensive.
a luxury for those who can afford it.

maybe 8000 gems or even higher. (usd100 equivalent)

that would shut them up i guess.
at least anet gets the monies from those who are willing to splurge on gems.

well, no mounts.