in Suggestions

Posted by: Kapoun.1702

Kapoun.1702

no mounts please !

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: byolith.8160

byolith.8160

Funny how most of you are so against mounts, I’m more against those waypoints and would rather have mounts in game.

:: Gandara ::
- Rhéidyn :: Thief

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dragonhero.1852

Dragonhero.1852

I loved guild wars 1 and played it for around five years and do not see any problem with mounts. A. Lots of video game franchises have lacked certain animals up until a certain point. For instance The Elder Scrolls. Its not lore breaking. B. Way-points are lackluster and boring. C. Mounts would allow you to see the world and make it to dynamic events faster. D. Just because something is not needed does not mean it shouldn’t be added I don’t know anyone here who “Needs” to play GW2.

I also succeed to the point this is not pressing matter. But it would be nice to have. So maybe they could work on it down the road. If they do implement it I have some Ideas that could help with different issues. In order of importance.

1. Mounts can not be summoned in major cities.
2. No flying mounts. Unless you have special areas for Arial game-play which could be fun.
3. Mounts freak out when you pull aggro from enemies forcing you to dismount. Maybe even throwing you off if you take to long. Unless you introduce combat mounts which will always charge trowed enemies that you have aggro on if you attempt to flee.
4. Mounts only give around a 33-50 speed boost. No need to make them too fast.
5. No over-sized or gaudy mounts. Just horses and other animals that make sense in GW Lore like Dolyaks.
6. Mounts run up from behind the player when summoned and run off-screen when dismissed. (I just thought that was cool but its really not necessary)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Komuflage.2307

Komuflage.2307

Mount mentality
“Oh look a downed player, nvm If I’ll ress him, I’ve to waste 3 sec to remount. So I just leave him there”

This is exactly what will happen, Period.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Duveth.5742

Duveth.5742

Mount mentality
“Oh look a downed player, nvm If I’ll ress him, I’ve to waste 3 sec to remount. So I just leave him there”

lol, and thats a bad thing?

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tarkaroshe.8370

Tarkaroshe.8370

Mount mentality

Whilst that is certainly possible, what is equally possible is:

“Oh look a downed player in the middle of a load of mobs. If I die whilst trying to rescue them then I’ll have to run all the way back to here ON FOOT (because mounts aren’t allowed) because the nearest waypoint is actually quite a distance.

So, I just leave him there."

The point here is that a mount could actually be beneficial to the situation you are describing, because a player with a mount is perhaps being less inconvenienced if they died, then if they didn’t own one and was just running around on foot.

And because they own a mount, they may not use the WP system as much, leaving them with more money to pay for things like repairs, buying gems, buying stuff from the Trade Post, etc, etc. Maybe even a new mount.

Thus a player owning and using a mount MAY actually be more inclined to get involved in more “riskier” situations which they would otherwise bypass due to the costs incurred by such things as repairs and WP travel after death.

(edited by Tarkaroshe.8370)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Grumpelstiltskin.4028

Grumpelstiltskin.4028

mounts would open up a differnt fighting style which would still in itself be amazing even though thier are so many varieties of amazing fighting styles right now. but if mounts were added then you would have to add traits for it which would take from other things. but alot of people also are building their cash flow still so the mounted travel at a faster pace would be nice to instead of spending your money on waypoints.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Art.9367

Art.9367

if you go down the “mounts” path… eventually people will want flying mounts.

Don’t go down the mounts path.

It’s pretty clear that ArenaNet does not plan to introduce flying mounts ever. With that said, I’m personally on the fence with mounts. I love the idea of having something else to grind for, but it does have its own problems.

If we do end up getting mounts, they’ll have to be purely cosmetic. That means NO speed buff while mounted. You should still be able to be affected by swiftness given from other sources, though. That wouldn’t be so bad, right guys?

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zzulu.5489

Zzulu.5489

Mounts would be a cool alternative to paying out of your butt for using the waypoints.

It’s also a source of player vanity as many players want to collect mounts. It’d definitely add some flavor to the game and I don’t think it would detract at all

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

Mount mentality

Waypoint mentality: “What downed players?”

Out of sight out of mind, eh?

Also, complaining that they’d be a vanity item is NOT an argument in a game where we have transmutation stones just so we can play dress-up without tanking our stats.

(edited by Haette.2701)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: DavidGX.1723

DavidGX.1723

They’ve already said we aren’t getting mounts, is this topic really still going?

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tarkaroshe.8370

Tarkaroshe.8370

They’ve already said we aren’t getting mounts, is this topic really still going?

EDIT: {i’ve found information in regards to the question of mounts}

Here’s what the FAQ says on the wiki:

“*Will there be mounts?*

No. For traveling long distance, the game will offer the two types of teleports above (waypoints and asura gates), but the initial release does not any other methods, i.e. there are no mounts or ships"

This suggests that whilst Anet were not in a position to include mounts at launch, they are perhaps keeping an open mind to the possibility of implementing land based mounts in the future.

Anyhow, regardless of the above, this shouldn’t stop people from asking for them. This is a suggestions forum after all.

(edited by Tarkaroshe.8370)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Dragonhero.1852

The only thing I have heard along those lines is that their will be no FLYING thats it period. I can not for the life of me fathom why anyone would say no to mounts.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lostknight.8936

Lostknight.8936

My Brother refuses to play this game due to not having mounts simply cause he enjoys to collect them, I personally would love to see mounts even if they don’t offer any speed boost at all… there’s more use out of mounts then just speed use

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Felkes.2759

Felkes.2759

I loved guild wars 1 and played it for around five years and do not see any problem with mounts. A. Lots of video game franchises have lacked certain animals up until a certain point. For instance The Elder Scrolls. Its not lore breaking. B. Way-points are lackluster and boring. C. Mounts would allow you to see the world and make it to dynamic events faster. D. Just because something is not needed does not mean it shouldn’t be added I don’t know anyone here who “Needs” to play GW2.

I also succeed to the point this is not pressing matter. But it would be nice to have. So maybe they could work on it down the road. If they do implement it I have some Ideas that could help with different issues. In order of importance.

1. Mounts can not be summoned in major cities.
2. No flying mounts. Unless you have special areas for Arial game-play which could be fun.
3. Mounts freak out when you pull aggro from enemies forcing you to dismount. Maybe even throwing you off if you take to long. Unless you introduce combat mounts which will always charge trowed enemies that you have aggro on if you attempt to flee.
4. Mounts only give around a 33-50 speed boost. No need to make them too fast.
5. No over-sized or gaudy mounts. Just horses and other animals that make sense in GW Lore like Dolyaks.
6. Mounts run up from behind the player when summoned and run off-screen when dismissed. (I just thought that was cool but its really not necessary)

There are a lot of great ideas in this post. There were mounted enemies in GW1, it’s silly that players aren’t be able to sit on a critter and make it carry them around 200 years later. What, do the playable races just fail so bad in that particular area of animal domestication? Please.

I especially agree with point B that Dragonhero made. Way-points are lackluster and boring

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

There are two separate issues;

1) Mounts for “cool factor”, and,
2) Mounts for travel speed.

—Cool Factor—
The “cool factor” drops substantially as the sheer number of players with mounts increases; You can not have every ‘man and his dog’ running about the world with their pet. (pun intended), without negative consequences.

The solution would be to award mounts only to those having earned say, 100% map exploration on 85%+ of Tyria, or some other challenging requirement.

—Mounts for travel speed—
Waypoints and speed buffs partially solve some long travel times.
So the notion of adding mounts solely for the purpose of increased travel speed is misplaced, and the negative consequences of large numbers of players mounting, dismounting and generally ‘galloping’ chaotically in and out of populated areas outweigh the benefits.

The issue of adding mounts to GW2 requires a great deal of thought, and clever design decisions and programming lest you risk breaking the game on many fronts.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gothdir.8953

Gothdir.8953

I realy miss mounts to much. I would even like to see 3/4 of the Waypoints removed if i can ride through the area instead. They realy remove the feeling a huge world, having to go through a portal to change the region is allready terrible design.

WvW would be MUCH more enjoable with mounts. If there is a fight far away from your camp and you die there, its a fun killer for me to run all the way so super slow to the fight again, sometimes you get killed half way and you have to run again…at that point i often quit WvW.

I dont see any good reason not to have mounts. Lore wise it should be absolutly allright. Asura is a race wich invents Golems (robots), Charr builded tanks, i realy dont see a reason why they shouldnt build machines to travel faster.

Khazâd ai-mênu!

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aefion.8719

Aefion.8719

I have laid out perfectly valid reasons why mounts should be in the game. Second, Anet have said no FLYING mounts. Third all those people saying no to mounts have no argument at all, they are obviously biased and selfish and think the game should be made for them only. Just because YOU don’t want them doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be available for other people. The game isn’t made for you, get over yourself. Fourth, those saying no because wow has them is just plain childish and stupid. OH NO, WOW HAS CLASSES, AND RACES AND BANKS AND STUFF LIKE THAT. GW2 SHOULDN’T HAVE THEM EITHER.

Give me a break, there is no reason not to have mounts in the game.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeusmeister.5130

Zeusmeister.5130

I support the idea, I’d even buy it with gems if I had to. Already put over $40 into gems, I’d put upwards of $1000 towards a nice looking mount. I’ve been gaming since the age of 6, and I’m 20 now having played over 40 games in total, most of which being MMO’s. Mounts are ALWAYS a good idea, whether we have waypoints or not. Maybe even add them as dungeon rewards, where you can trade your tokkens for them. It would add a lot of replayability for not only dungeons, but many other parts of the game. This would be one of the best ways to bring in new customers if ANet does it right.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Materia User.4851

Materia User.4851

I already have a mount. I ride my giant purple circle from one end of the map to the other in an instant.
Sometimes I may prefer to walk. If I want to go faster I yell “Retreat!” and run faster.

Now explain the need for a horse.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Domo.7618

Domo.7618

I think ther is a good resson why ther are no mounts in the game.

With mounts the whole World of Tyria would apper smaller, because you can travel faster.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: gillius.2856

gillius.2856

Yea i would love mounts… or more speed boosts.

As i have leveled i noticed that map travel is costing more, and also this game is about exploration, so to be able to jump on your mount and have a ride around would be soo cool

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nurvus.2891

Nurvus.2891

Implement Mounts only if they are a proper money sink as well, and do not make it easy to traverse hostile zones that you would otherwise have to fight your way through.

I suggest the details on how to accomplish this in the 3rd page of this thread.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I have laid out perfectly valid reasons why mounts should be in the game. Second, Anet have said no FLYING mounts. Third all those people saying no to mounts have no argument at all, they are obviously biased and selfish and think the game should be made for them only. Just because YOU don’t want them doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be available for other people. The game isn’t made for you, get over yourself. Fourth, those saying no because wow has them is just plain childish and stupid. OH NO, WOW HAS CLASSES, AND RACES AND BANKS AND STUFF LIKE THAT. GW2 SHOULDN’T HAVE THEM EITHER.

Mister Hypocrite isnt being aware how hypocrite he is.The way i read this post is seeing a child crying and stomping his feet on the ground screaming I WANT A MOUNT AND EVERYONE THAT DISAGREES IS AN IDIOT!!

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bailee.1427

Bailee.1427

Waypoints are removing the stunning scenery in this game. WP allow us to bypass much of the beautiful world, mounts would not do this. The cost of waypoints is out of control. I for one prefer to experience my gaming worlds on a horse, a plain horse.

It’s just how I enjoy playing to take in the beautiful scenery this created world has to offer.

I just want to say something this is NOT my original post, it has been altered and merged with this mount post. I was not notified of who did this, but my original post was about the cost and negativity of waypoints.

I find this kind of moderating seriously lacking in honesty!

People may forget what you teach them, but they never forget how you treat them.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Torres.2890

Torres.2890

No! Not now not ever!

Baruch Bay.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Dragonhero.1852

Mister Hypocrite isnt being aware how hypocrite he is.The way i read this post is seeing a child crying and stomping his feet on the ground screaming I WANT A MOUNT AND EVERYONE THAT DISAGREES IS AN IDIOT!!

Said the Hypocrite. Lots of people want mounts and lots of people don’t. So honestly anyone calling anyone a hypocrite or selfish really should consider what they are saying before they type. I don’t want this to devolve into a childish quarrel.

That being said their really is no reason not to have mounts. why I can debunk all you answers right here.

1. “It would make the world seems smaller” One word Waypoints.
2. "I can just use “retreat” or Ect." Why do I want to waste a combat skill out of combat or have to wast a slot on my bar?
3. “The GW team said their would be no mounts” No they said that their would be no FLYING mounts. And that mounts would not be implemented at launch.
4. T"heir is no need for mounts" Have you even been reading this thread?

(edited by Dragonhero.1852)

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azaziel.3608

Azaziel.3608

At least me if I had to choose between mounts and waypoint I’d choose mounts a thohusand times….

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Greatheart.6817

Greatheart.6817

Originally I was against Mounts but going through Orr a couple times I want something to get me around the map without pulling mobs every 5 seconds or costing me 2+ silver a time.

If I could get a mount for 10g that has permanent swiftness I’d drain my account now for it. Sick of having to pay WP costs or grind your way through every sodding zone.

I dislike mounts in GW2 but it needs… something… I dunno a temporal displacer where you can’t interact with anything other than gathering nodes maybe?

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

Christ no.

In SWTOR, they were necessary because the landscape was boring as hell. I wouldn’t want to spoil my adventures through Tyria.

Flying mounts wouldn’t work because the entire continent is separate maps.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sern.6054

Sern.6054

Every game, even fantasy games, have a certain amount of realism in them or we wouldn’t be able to put such games into a perspective that made any sense to us or gave any value to being played. Finding the balance between realism and fiction is pretty important for immersion’s sake.

With that being said, I’m not opposed to mounts being added to the game as long as it is done so realistically. If this were to be done, I’d like to see normal mounts, not circus side shows that don’t make much sense in their own environments.

I don’t want to see that horribly disgusting WoW mount that looked like ‘My Little Pony’ anywhere near GW2.

The mounts should be heavily based on the existing lore of the game so as to not dilute its contents and story. The mounts should provide little more than convenience and the ability to say, “yeah I have one.”

And it definitely shouldn’t help with combat as I know some might want to suggest. All that being said though, I’m pretty sure they won’t be adding in mounts, ever. The waypoint system currently could use improvement but otherwise works well enough for quick traveling.

United Delphic Order of Avanti [UDOA] is accepting mature & friendly players to join our ranks.

For more info, visit: http://AvantiGaming.com

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Said the Hypocrite. Lots of people want mounts and lots of people don’t. So honestly anyone calling anyone a hypocrite or selfish really should consider what they are saying before they type. I don’t want this to devolve into a childish quarrel.

That being said their really is no reason not to have mounts. why I can debunk all you answers right here.

1. “It would make the world seems smaller” One word Way-points.
2. "I can just use “retreate” or Ect." Why do I want to waste a combat skill out of combat or have to wast a slot on my bar?

Ill finish this later GtG

Did you even read his post ? And no mounts will not fit in this game,and they won’t come anyway,end of story.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Safire.9143

Safire.9143

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: hitsauce.1075

hitsauce.1075

It would be nice to have some kind of transportation besides waypoint It would save me some silvers~

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: amontillado.1937

amontillado.1937

I’d love to see mounts. Horses in particular. They’re such a large part of the medieval/fantasy trope. It would help with immersion, (these people would definately be riding whatever is available). Speed boost, yes absolutely. Offset it with manueverability considerations. What I find off putting is the sight of folks in heavy plate running around as if they were wearing nothing.

The reason I suspect they aren’t here is the difficulty of integrating them in combat.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: amontillado.1937

amontillado.1937

I already have a mount. I ride my giant purple circle from one end of the map to the other in an instant.
Sometimes I may prefer to walk. If I want to go faster I yell “Retreat!” and run faster.

Now explain the need for a horse.

I don’t need a horse because of some in game requirement to get from point A to point B. I CAN do that on foot, or as you point out, teleportation. I’m not playing the game to beat it in the most efficient manner I can however, I’m playing it to have fun in an imaginary, fantasy world, with a medieval flavour.

This is a game where we take on the roles of heroes. Where we don armor, strap on sword and shield, plunk a big helmet over our head… you get the idea. Part of that picture is mounting the noble steed and riding off to do battle, or whatever else.

Having horses or other suitable mounts would increase the amount of fun I’d derive from the game. Your milage may differ.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: stpetemermaid.5947

stpetemermaid.5947

I would love to have mounts.
Yes, I think they add to immersion. Would you really be walking everywhere?

Yes, the waypoints are very nice…but I still want mounts. I find the waypoints to be ok immersion wise if I think of them as Azura creations. : ) However, I find that I do not know the lay of the land as well. I portal in, and have no reference for where I am sometimes for a few seconds, unless I have been to that point several times. I actually prefer to get myself someplace by walking or mount and learn the lay of the land, and stay immersed in it.

Way of points are good for personal story, because you have to travel back to your home city pretty often, or wait to do the next part after leveling, so I’m probaby not anywhere near where I need to go for that. Way points are good for places you can’t walk to easily, much less ride a mount.

I have four characters, and so far the highest one is only 30, so not having mounts so far has been ok with for the most part. My toons just figure they are not old enough for one yet. But when they get older, they will surely want one.

I am most willing to work for a mount/spend gems on mount/whatever it takes.

I don’t need mounts to be super fast. A little faster is nice.
I am fine with things knocking me off the mount if I aggro them.
I don’t care for flying mounts, nor what they bring to a game.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xhieron.2168

Xhieron.2168

I’m against WOW-style mounts—the use-this-item-for-model-change-and-speed-buff mounts. I am not, however, against mounts being implemented with gameplay or being permitted as a type of long-distance travel where that makes sense—so something like the old-fashioned DAOC mounts, if anything (the ones on rails—there’s no need for something so outdated, you say, and I agree), and that only in certain areas of the game where long-distance travel is necessary and waypoints aren’t an option.

If it turns out most of the Crystal Desert is a dune-sea wasteland, for instance, then I think it would be acceptable to have mounts be a way for players to navigate between the pockets of explorable content or between Tyria and Elona—like the worms from Nightfall. You have your free-roaming mount in a certain zone between Zone A and Zone B, with its own set of skills and its own type of gameplay, with certain places to dismount and remount safely (lest you lose your mount and die in the desert). One thing I am absolutely not in favor of is magical appearing mounts, where three seconds after blowing on a horn a mighty steed appears in a puff of smoke. Tired of that. You get your mount at a stable unless you have a legitimate reason to summon it (undead mount, fine; maybe even an illusionary mount or a mount that doubles as a ranger pet, but that’s about it), and when you dismount, your mount becomes a friendly NPC subject to attack that will follow you around (or wander off) unless hobbled or returned to the stable. It takes three seconds to mount—if your mount is standing right beside you—and if your mount is out of earshot and unhobbled, you might as well kiss it goodbye, and good luck explaining it to the owner when you get back to the stable (or replacing it if you actually bought the thing).

The point I’m trying to make is that there are plenty of robust, interesting systems for implementing mounts that ANet could pursue if it wanted to. But it would probably be easier not to, and the demand for mounts as a collectible is a product of MMO gaming culture more than in-game demand, beside which it has no relation to the game lore. I appreciate the desire for an on-demand speed boost, but the game is specifically designed around not having that, and I don’t expect it to change. Mounts make sense in Tyria because there’s some ground to cover. Fifteen-hundred different types of mounts don’t.

In future expansions, as more continents become available—larger continents, with greater distances between their points of interest—mounts as legitimate, long-term permanent travel devices might make sense, but the five racial city-states and LA have maybe ten square miles among them, and that’s probably being generous. That’s a three hour walk from where you live if you take your time. That’s not suggesting that an MMO should be implementing real-world distances and speeds in its game—we don’t have that kind of time to play—but only that even if you account for some compression of distance, there’s no escaping the fact that if you’re walking from LA to DR, it never feels like you need a horse.

Peace and safety.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Dragonhero.1852

Did you even read his post ? And no mounts will not fit in this game,and they won’t come anyway,end of story.

Yes I read this post.

Give me one good reason.

And sense are you the final authority on everything?

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Batbro.6859

Batbro.6859

I would hate to see mounts. What it does is that it creates essentially two “modes” players in the world assume, a jarring dichotomy that discourages cooperation, one of the pillars of this game’s design.

The first mode is the walking mode players are currently forced into. Even using waypoints, you are still forced to walk, on foot, around the world, past and through dynamic events, world bosses, and hearts. At a moment’s notice you could join in on any given fight, hop slightly out of your way to revive a downed player, or maybe just drop a field for other players to use as you pass on by. It’s highly encouraging of cooperative play and exploration of not just the main paths, but the surrounding landscape.

The second mode would be mounted. You’re on your mount and invested in it, either because you have to keep it safe, or because mounting/dismounting takes time, or because you’re just passing by everything else so quickly that you don’t have time to care. Joining that dynamic event would require parking your mount somewhere or wasting time mounting/dismounting. Saving that dying player would mean leaving your mount to reach him, because you can’t traverse the uneven platformer-esque landscape to reach him while you’re on it. You just plow straight by everyone and everything in the game, completely unhelpful to everyone around you.

Unless you want mounts to just magically appear and disappear instantaneously from underneath your character with no cooldowns or penalties, there’s simply no way to avoid this issue. If you have to trek back to a stable to pick up a new mount, there’s a time, or even monetary, investment in getting off it. If there is a cooldown on summoning them, there’s another time investment. If there’s a slow mounting/dismounting animation, more wasted time discouraging players from getting out of “mount mode.” If the mounts themselves are vulnerable, the problem is WORSENED as players will actively AVOID any sort of dangerous area, which is where they would be needed most.

This game is built upon players cooperatively helping each other, even unintentionally. Your attacks drop combo fields on the ground, which other players then use. Two players completing the same heart target the same enemies, and unintentionally make each others’ lives easier. A world boss threatens all the players in the area simultaneously, so they all target it together and, through their combined efforts, take it down. Giving players mounts is giving them an excuse to be deliberately unhelpful.

No.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

As a supporter of mounts i have followed this discussion since GW1. During the development stages of GW2 I have worked out various mount systems as suggestions on guru. And at the first signs of the GW2-beta i have suggested atleast ‘testing’ mounts for GW2 on the wiki.

From all the discussions i can only conclude one thing, the people against mounts have yet to come up with an argument that isn’t easily refuted or worked around in the actual mount system. I could put a whole list here, but i don’t feel like doing so atm. If people won’t take my word for it, then i will supply the list at some other point in time…

I don’t realy care how mounts are added to the game at this point in time, it seems that even amoungst those that favor mounts there is a large devide in how these mounts should be added. So in the end i think it should be upto ArenaNet and how they would like to implement mounts… I mainly just want to own and ride a Dolyak !

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wolfey.3407

Wolfey.3407

If mounts get added; as a Asura Engineer i demand the right to Mount any:
1) Charr Player
2) Norn Player
3) Sylvari Player
4) Human Player
Those brutes need a purpose for my research anyways

Former PvP Forum Specialist
2015-2016
Fort Aspenwood

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sennar.2309

Sennar.2309

This is the last post like this that i reply.I’m a huge fan of GW series and i’m playing for 6 years.So, i felt this game like mine and i see the dedications and the unique playstyle that the devs put into.If u want mounts, there are so many mmo that having mounts.Don’t come here and asking for have this usless features, don’t try to ruin this game or ruin a game for fan’s guys.Gw1 doesn’t have mount, gw2 too.
Stop asking.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: mnwolfboy.9348

mnwolfboy.9348

I will pass on mounts, thank you.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: DjHeavyGrinder.7246

DjHeavyGrinder.7246

Horses are def needed. If you don’t like em’ stick to your WP’s.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

This is the last post like this that i reply.I’m a huge fan of GW series and i’m playing for 6 years.So, i felt this game like mine and i see the dedications and the unique playstyle that the devs put into.If u want mounts, there are so many mmo that having mounts.Don’t come here and asking for have this usless features, don’t try to ruin this game or ruin a game for fan’s guys.Gw1 doesn’t have mount, gw2 too.
Stop asking.

I hate these kinds of posts. Just because you feel you “own” the game since you played it for 6 years does NOT give you the right to tell anybody to stop making suggestions to the game. Nor does it mean those people are any less of a fan of the game than you are.

You can not agree with a suggestion as that is well-within your right. But others have just as much of a right to make a suggestion for the game.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sennar.2309

Sennar.2309

Stop asking.

I hate these kinds of posts. Just because you feel you “own” the game since you played it for 6 years does NOT give you the right to tell anybody to stop making suggestions to the game. Nor does it mean those people are any less of a fan of the game than you are.

You can not agree with a suggestion as that is well-within your right. But others have just as much of a right to make a suggestion for the game.

I know but there are so many post open whit people talking about this features.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krash.3964

Krash.3964

mounts need only in WvW that is all

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: lukejoe.1592

lukejoe.1592

Mounts are a must, and there will continue to be mount threads, and mount complaining, and eventually people not playing until they add mounts. Consider what I just experienced. I wanted to take part in the repel the centaurs from Earthworks Bluff event. I zoned into the nearest waypoint and 3 of 12 centaur waves had been repealed…by the time I ran on foot around to where the actual attacks where 9 of 12 attack waves had been repelled. Look if I can’t move around faster…there is no point in trying to participate in all these world events (and eventually give up on the game). They are over before you get there.

Mounts [Merged]

in Suggestions

Posted by: artsymptom.9851

artsymptom.9851

I have a horse in real life, why we can’t be free and have a mount? the game is not suppose to be social and mimic my avatar? (I always run with my horse in the afternoon). If I enjoy exploring with my horse in real life, why not in GW2? People always fight and get mad because of change… make original mounts, something different from other mmo, and you will be always the original GuildWars no matter what.