Bring Back the Desert Borderland!

in WvW

Posted by: Julenal.3907

Julenal.3907

We lost out on having our fun for 7 months because of this nearly unplayable map and there are people here crying about getting it back? No. We don’t want to even hear it because WE (the majority) were already screwed for 7 months.

Uhm, majority of population left game mode long before you were “screwed for 7 months”. Now it seems that this “majority” deniess any change to game mode and even forces it to regress.

Still, it is hard to blame ANet for listening their active players. Had they listened 3 years ago…

GM of Finnish gaming community guild “Frozen Dawn” [FD] since GW2 announce
GW player of 14+kh and Passionate Mind Wracker since 2005

in WvW

Posted by: CowOfGlory.5816

CowOfGlory.5816

If i ever have to see DBL again, it would be too soon.
Long live the one true Borderland, Alpine we’ve missed you.

-Cow

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I have to laugh at the thought of people thinking that the dusty stealth valley in DBL was tactical. It’s like they don’t remember culling.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Deemo.6094

Deemo.6094

I would like to thank the WvW team for bringing back alpine maps. I can not stress enough how much of a hype, lift and encouragement this is for the long time playing WvW players. Thank you.

Thank you thank you Thank you thank you Thank you thank you Thank you thank you Thank you thank you Thank you thank you Thank you thank you Thank you thank you Thank you thank you Thank you thank you Thank you thank you Thank you thank you

i almost cried tears of joy shortly after roaming on the map, had more fun than ive had during group fights in the longest time. Everyone i was playing with was over the moon, surprised and hyped at the revival of alpine, thank you.

Im going to go cry more tears of joy, now. <3 Good bye.

Persistence overcomes resistance. In the end, all things you work for can be yours, except in gw2.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Well meanwhile if they tweak to DBL, change the castles design for more traditional feeling. spawn, wonder if thay changed to a less deathmatch layouts map cause that is all we have.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Deemo.6094

Deemo.6094

Sorry halo guild on SFR is going to EBG until there is active map-rotation, the map is exactly the same as the one we got bored with 2 years back, it has no added value atm. except for the new keep, tower and camp upgrade system.

If the change would be based on actively including more maps in WvW we would continiue to stay on the borderlands as for me now it is pointless.

Offensive potential has been reduced to offer zerg/blob warfare and perma-thief tagging a chance that is not an improvement, but a reduction of the offensive action diversity, map options and in my opinion a missed chance to make from change a ++ situation.

I wonder if 186 players start complaining wether to bring back Desert borderlands it would be a representative vote for Arena-Net to bring DBL back on the total amount of thousands of players representing WvW evry day.

I played Alpine 2,45 years after 5 minites of it i’m totally bored of the way it looks, it doesn’t offer anything new, it would work in a map-rotation but not as it is now.

So Angel Hearts Clan my guild will go EBG now.

Informing the Seafarers Rest server now

Take care :-)

lel, u must like farming nodes, building sieges, bunkering down, using ac’s, capping towers/keeps playing during off prime, PvE effects and spamming one one one one one.

Have fun!

Persistence overcomes resistance. In the end, all things you work for can be yours, except in gw2.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Deemo.6094 lol poor Angel, that is what game is about… on ABL things will become the same cap stuff fast and while its empty.

in WvW

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

So much NOT this. A lot of people wanted new maps that were NOT like eotm and had less pve than alpine did. Then they gave us more pve in a map that was a lot like eotm. And that was only the beginning of the problems people had with desert bls. No one asked that the new map be filled with gimmicks, but that is what we got. So people legitimately complained because it was pretty much the opposite of what had been requested over the past 2.5-3 years.

What do people want then? Apparently the thing for many players is forming massive blobs of players and duking it out with another massive blob of players aka EB and EotM. Points are useless, caravans are useless, siege is useless for them. Personally I find no satisfaction in that type of playing. Either you run over enemies or they run over you.

What Anet did with desert borderlands is breath of fresh air. What if the environment supported small group playing? What if you could hide and avoid the blob? What if sentries marked enemies on the map? What about defeating big zergs using tactics?

I’m with Anet on this one. You’ve already got your blobbing maps. This map challenges individuals to intelligent playing and learning the tools of WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

The campaign starts NOW!

The Alpine maps are too small, simple and boring. Please can we have the Desert maps back?

Given current WvW pop its hardly too small.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Shinjiko.1352

Shinjiko.1352

I’m happy for the people that missed the Alpine and got to experience it again. But for myself it is a sad day. I spent 90% of my time in gw2 on the desert bl’s and enjoyed them a lot. I am saddened to see the same old bland map return that I got so bored of. I understand this is just my opinion but since everyone else is giving theirs.

The past few weeks the activity on the DBL’s at least on my server match ups were extremely high. Fights everywhere. Lots of fun. So from my experience the maps were far from dead. The thing about this whole “the majority wanted alpine” it’s all just opinions again. What we got was typical of any internet culture. The happy people stayed quiet. The disgruntled people shouted out in protest, so you only saw angry people. Perhaps yes more people happy with the new maps should have spoken up, but everyone knows, if you have a product you’re happy with how often do you leave a good review? If you’re unhappy how quick are you to leave a negative review?

The population was already dying before HoT due to stagnation. Once this nostalgia bubble pops we’ll be right back where we were pre HoT. I just personally hope they get the technology sorted to have a weekly rotation because 3 months at a time is just far too long to keep each side of the argument miserable.

I am aware that a rotation was planned, but I do wish anet would aesthetically update the older maps, ebg included. Keep the layouts if you must but please update the textures/ models etc. But also on the other hand please update DBL so that the towers have strategic value as I truly think that plus a means to get across the map faster were the only remaining problems. (maybe skritt tunnels that you unlock – for holding things/ like bloodlust but for tunnel access/ befriending skritt – yes more pve but it would get you across the map and cause some fun fights over who gets the tunnels)

I left my WvW guild today after spending a few hours on alpine as im unwilling to dedicate as much time as i normally do in wvw to the dated maps. Time to explore the other aspects of this game. At least until this whole mess in general gets sorted. I know people won’t agree with what i’ve put. Some will get angry, but frankly as this whole thing shows, you can’t please everyone. I’m just voicing my opinion, and i’m not here to argue.

in WvW

Posted by: RegalRed.3720

RegalRed.3720

Why in the right mind would this change even happen? The Desert BL is 10x more fun than this dwarf Alpine map and its taken away because the “majority” voted it? I bet most people that didn’t vote weren’t even thinking that having a better, dynamic and ACTUALLY FUN map taken away from them because a bunch of cry babies need an easier way to generate points or to zerg around in a mindless fashion with absolutely nothing dynamic or interesting happening in their surroundings.\

,Please

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Agree, happy for the people that wanted it back, but yeah, already bored. Biggest zerg rules. Maybe they will restart the PvP season soon.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Agree, happy for the people that wanted it back, but yeah, already bored. Biggest zerg rules. Maybe they will restart the PvP season soon.

Wait for a few days it will be server A zergs fighting B? empty towers and B server atacks empty server A BL, soon.

in WvW

Posted by: Angel Heart.6739

Angel Heart.6739

lol your happy news train doesn’t impress anyone, its utter bs but in the end ppl will find that out for themselves. when it is too late sadely.

Btw

Something about WAR:

War relies on a strategy

Part of that is a tactic
But in order to realise your battletactic you need to have a an all round strategy first which includes these things:

- supply your army
-build up your defenses
-form and educate , train your troops

-your troops are divided in different sections:

-zerg blob -> infantry grunts
-defenders, sieger -> artillery
- camp capturers and camp, tower upgraders -> army supply depots, support units
-specific target cappers and offensive innitiative -> commando’s, marines, paratroopers
-thieves, mesmers -> ambush units

You guys did great reintroducing Alpine

First you DESTROY the essence World Versus World which is OPEN PVP WARFARE in ALL its ASPECTS above mentioned.

Second you want to reduce it to your game-style cause that suits you leaving all of us others and the majority of the WvW community with only zerg, blobs and perma-stealth thieves that knock on the gates of keeps just cause you are to lazy to embrace new tactics and strategies, static thinking is a loosing strategy in warfare cause your enemy in real life counters it.

Third you wish to roll back the entire system to two years back putting me on a map which i can’t stand to be on after more than 2,5 years of being on it which hasn’t changed a single bit on top of that. Gratz for the innovation!!! its genuinly NEW!!!!

Fourth you do not wish to remove EOTM which would be a logical step to have all the players in WvW which would be a logical step to get more players on the borderlands, because they are not real WvW-ers and you do not wish to spend time in them to learn them how to play on the borderlands which is another example of your laziness.

Fifth at night you are not on the borderlands even-though they are Alpine nah the elitist guilds go EBG and EOTM, thought you guys wanted Alpine so much that you would go and stay on them guess i was wrong, you would do anything for easy rank-ups and loot-bags.

Sixth on top you are against the new reward-system and would like to see it removed making WvW again a money-pit without reward.

Seventh and last point if you guys really cared about the game instead of about yourselves you would think about all the WvW players not just yourselves which is so selfish that you actually are ready to let the players that like Desert Borderlands leave WvW without thinking twice about the impact, its not enough that you get your pleasure but you have to deem evry player in WvW who thinks differently to you as not worthy of playing WvW cause only your opinion counts.

Instead of creating a win win situation for all trough a worked out map-rotation with multiple map (not just Alpine and desert) and with participation and rank-rewards and the removal of EOTM as an instance which would increase the number of players on the borderlands and in EBG drastically now the new reward-system works for these players you just dump it all nice going.

So why do you need to troll in this post you already messed all up?

Maybe after you grow up you can finally realise how wrong you were. Blindness, lack of intellect and ignorance is a sad combination if you just add sentiment to it.

Djynn Tm – Founder and Guild Leader – Angel Hearts Clan [Halo] Seafarers Rest

(edited by Angel Heart.6739)

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

DBL sucks. Glad they are finally gone

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Love the Alpine maps, but with the recent changes the Desert maps are cool too. I hope they keep them both in regular rotation.

And I don’t say this much (if ever), but thank you ANET for listening.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I am not the biggest fan of the desert bl, and I am happy to see alpine come back. For those that feel the opposite, that’s fine and all, but can you please stop acting so ridiculous and surprised.

They always intended for there to be a ROTATION of maps, neither of them is going away forever. From my understanding technical limitations delayed this for some time. So please stop acting like this was a conspiracy to ignore those who like the dbl and cater to the “whiners” on the forums, its getting old and makes no sense when they said from the beginning the maps would be rotated.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

@Angel Heart.6739, meh… some players need to stop giving ideas and need to move to other game, i guess it is the quality of players in this game… they were awfully bad at other games, reason why gw2 is a super easy game (empty game for my exp), just flow with the gimmick.
Community segregation, if all the skrits and only the skrits stay everything will be fine and amazing right?

Sorry to be rude blunt @gw2 community but most don’t like gimmicks and yet prefer a much easy and low effort map and call it skill? It does not make any sense.
All what was needed was to do more changes to the DBL.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: Juici.4831

Juici.4831

Metaphor for Alpine BL’s: like going back to old high school after graduating from college. Graphically boring. Strategy: boring blobs. (Just my personal opinion for developers to read) For those who like the change. Fine. Enjoy.

in WvW

Posted by: Zhou.3605

Zhou.3605

First off.. I love alpine.. or did, its too small for 6 servers to fight over, and desert bls should be one map like the EB map.

in WvW

Posted by: Gideon.6742

Gideon.6742

Yawn, hate Alpine…realize why I hated it in the first place… KTrain to the max setup. Even less effort to cap every objective making off hours even worse than before… A million dollies to get a wp in a keep makes you have to babysit the BL even more than before during off hours. I play many off hours and just said screw it for tonight cuz this crap stinks.

in WvW

Posted by: littlemunster.1059

littlemunster.1059

The campaign starts NOW!

The Alpine maps are too small, simple and boring. Please can we have the Desert maps back?

Go EOTM. It’s no different than deserted maps. I mean desert maps.

The BG Super Munster!

in WvW

Posted by: erKo.9586

erKo.9586

Thanks for bringing the old maps back, will be fun to play WvW the right way again!

[WvW] Thanks Anet for listening to your players during 2016.
Far Shiverpeaks – EU – Since release.

in WvW

Posted by: Biermeister.4678

Biermeister.4678

They need a Third BL one for each server that way each map is different for each server

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

i think desert should be an optional wvw map. its good for beginners that are moving over from pve to wvw. alpine was always more hardcore cause u need ts and coordination to attack and defend.

No, it’s good for people who are hunting beginners. It’s a terrible map to start your WvW experience in.

in WvW

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

Tyria and Maguuma Wastes are big open worlds if you like exploring, PvEing and admiring the scenery using your high graphics settings. Please let WvW be a game mode that we can enjoy for fights and bags. Alpine BLs offer the perfect landscape for this. Desert BLs were largely left empty and discouraged fights. We don’t need them back, ever!

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

proof you can’t please everyone.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: bobdobelina.9185

bobdobelina.9185

I think where Anet went in the right direction with the DBLs was providing a map for those who get the yawns from excessive amounts of moshpit zerg crashing and pvd-karma-train activity.

Like Angel Heart said, there’s heavy infantry and then there’s also marines, and intel, and black ops. Some players want to contribute in ways other than tried-and-tested zerg support builds, and in a game where most classes have good flexibility, why not?

Some love the savage little 5v5s and 7v7s, the sneaky cata squeezed behind an obscure keep wall with one nervous eye over your shoulder, the mundane but necessary work of maintaining our sup while cutting off theirs while freeing the cmdr to focus on bringing the hammer down, or being able to defend an objective and report enemy activity until you get your head around what is going on.

I think the DBLs should have encouraged more variety in player roles, but Anet missed that mark with unnecessary design and features, and to a degree they did so to the detriment of the meat-and-veg zerg train role. I’d call that a learning opportunity.

Just DRIPPING with cheese.

in WvW

Posted by: casantis.3106

casantis.3106

Thans Anet for the ABL´s. Today was the best day of wvw since DBL.

Please don´t rotate with DBL, that map is crap.

No queue at EBG and 3 ABL queued at prime time.

http://imgur.com/2XrtiO0

Por la Razón o la Fuerza [CL]

in WvW

Posted by: Ain.7082

Ain.7082

I am glad to see the Alpine borderlands back. The desert borderlands while aesthetically very beautiful, was overly difficult to navigate, had too many gimmicks, and went too far overboard with elevation changes.

Ideally I would like to see a more even mix between what alpine offers and what the desert bl offers in terms of navigation and terrain. Basically alpine with a few more choke points and elevation changes ( Actually quite similar to what is in the ruins at the center of the alpine borderlands currently.) But none of the gimmicks from the desert BL that proved to be the antithesis of fun.

Maybe give the Desert BL and alpine BL another pass on editing, and create a new borderland to have 4 different maps.

in WvW

Posted by: Angel Heart.6739

Angel Heart.6739

@Casantis

We had queues on SFR on, all the borderlands for one hour during primetime.

homeborder + 15
Deso +3
Piken + 5

EBG 50+ till midnight

Then we lost all again before some players capped at 1

The recently transferred to Vabbi (who play with deso) Team Terrorist and Far Shiverpeek Refugee guilds were playing in Edge of The mist not on the Alpine borderlands

What has really changed?

Statistically population wise probably nothing except for the whining over bringing back Alpine Borderlands which suddenly stopped.

Nah i’m fed up with Alpine i played it till the day they removed it a lot longer than some of the players complaining on this forum who left the game before that. I’m not against Alpine as such,i loved it in the past, but when i went back today to look at it, it was exactly the same as 2,5 years back and didn’t have any appeal for me, had to go EBG after just 5 minites.

Desert is innovative and i really suggest you read the posts of Sviel on the GW 2 forum about the subject cause he’s got the figures.

As for too many gimmicks, the map doesn’t have them really, its got a lot of ways around but you need to know them, and as for being to big i believe all maps should be different, that is the challenge adapting to a new environment, using strategies that work and using your resources as it should be used. As for level differences i know commanders that ran their entire zergs to their death over cliffs on Alpine, yup the herd mentality is alive.

WvW Is not just a fight game its a tactical strategy PVP format in an open world. If you want to perform you need to know the terrain and you need to manage your resources, you need to be able to fight under different conditions and face the challenge, not change the game to your own preferences. That is the lazy way out.

I believe in map-rotation because it would relieve the pressure of always having to do the same thing over and over again, it would be a break for all of us. it would be best to add two more maps unless you wish to rework EBG or EOTM for the borderlands. if you add a random sequence to the selection evry borderland could suit the needs of the entire WvW community. And the maps would change evry week, 4 times in a month.

Arena-net could add a new map each half year or year to the rotation giving all of us something new, making the game fun for all.

in the center where EBG is there could be A Point per Kill area, a zone for GVG league, meta-event etc.

Atm. and after all what was said to bring Alpine back and all the sentiment instead of arguments involved (by 186 players i didn’t even see a poll in the on-join screen of gw2) there is no compromise possible, because they do not wish it.

I am going to take my guild Angel hearts Clan Halo to EBG and EOTM, not going borderlands until map-rotation is actively part of WvW.

As for posting ideas or trying to broaden players perspectives and ideas about a stable future of WvW this will be my last post on the forum. I just don’t see the point of continueing offering ideas or trying to discuss about it.

Djynn Tm – Founder and Guild Leader – Angel Hearts Clan [Halo] Seafarers Rest

(edited by Angel Heart.6739)

in WvW

Posted by: TheBandit.7031

TheBandit.7031

I’ve been having a great time with the old borderlands back. I think arenanet made a great decision and I stand by it. No desert borderlands.

in WvW

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

I only recently started playing again and when combined with my char walking in to the southWEST part of the Desert WvW at night gave me a kitten practically…all alone with my gw2 gf……there are parts of the desert map that are left wanting but many parts are really really nice. All it needed was to be changed here and there the bigger problem is wvw. I think it should alternate.

(edited by wolfie.7296)

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Please don’t bring Desert BL back anytime soon! I haven’t seen all 4 maps queued for ages, but now it happened on Deso + Vabbi. So numbers are clearly up from Desert BL. The majority of players cast their true vote: they want to play on Alpine instead of Desert BL.

I had much more fun on Alpine borderland in just 1 evening than 7 months combined with Desert borderland. I hope we will not remove Alpine borderland anytime soon. Desert borderland is tactically so badly made map and it often takes too long time to get back into action. Alpine borderland is hectic.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Ain.7082

Ain.7082

@Casantis

As for too many gimmicks, the map doesn’t have them really, its got a lot of ways around but you need to know them, and as for being to big i believe all maps should be different, that is the challenge adapting to a new environment, using strategies that work and using your resources as it should be used. As for level differences i know commanders that ran their entire zergs to their death over cliffs on Alpine, yup the herd mentality is alive.

I disagree with this statement. The gimmicks revolve around the buffs from the Fire, Air, and Earth keeps. The convoluted design of the desert borderlands is a direct result of these gimmicks. It seems the map was made intentionally annoying to navigate to encourage players to seek out the buffs, but even with them the map was still annoying to navigate. The way the buffs were activated also added no real strategic depth to the gameplay. Just more annoyances.

I am curious what the design objectives were when creating the map. the WvW community asked for larger maps, but the technical limitations of the engine don’t allow for maps any larger than the alpine borderlands, so forcing more vertical navigation gives the illusion of a size increase, and in that sense it worked, but they went overboard.

We also asked for maps where it would be harder to karma train and pvdoor an entire map in 20 minutes. This worked too, but again they went overboard and the terrain too encumbering. This issue could have also been resolved in other ways (More Guard/patrolling NPC’s, More powerful NPC’s, stronger walls and gates, more siege or traps that hinder movement of enemies)

Then we also asked for more objectives for smaller groups. Once again they succeeded, but these objectives proved to be rather boring, and had the aforementioned gimmicks attached to them. For WvW players the objectives needed only two things for us to go after them: 1.) To Exist 2.) To provide pointsto the war score. Personally I would have loved to see some non-static objectives, like powerful patrols with the the NPC’s whose AI more closely resembles the gameplay of a player and require a stomp to kill similar to many we have seen in parts of PvE.

Also the stealth fog. Stealth is already the least fun game mechanic. Why add more?

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Blackgate had all borderlands queued and EBG had no queue. I think it shows how many wanted Alpine back. We had 2 borderlands queued ’til like 1am EST. This is opposed to the usual 50+ EBG queue that we would get since the server links. Alpine borderlands FTW

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Blackgate had all borderlands queued and EBG had no queue. I think it shows how many wanted Alpine back. We had 2 borderlands queued ’til like 1am EST. This is opposed to the usual 50+ EBG queue that we would get since the server links. Alpine borderlands FTW

Yeah, I saw that. It was crazy. So many people in WvW, and none of them were planned, just “YAY ALPINE, lets go wvw!”.

Oh Alpine, I missed you so much. DBL was such trash to run around.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

in WvW

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

I realize its only been one day, but it is hard not to notice that the last week or two since they changed the DBL map, there were queues for almost every map (always for EB) at all times of the day (T1 server). This, while frustrating to some, indicates more people were playing WvW which is good.

However, since the map flip, there have be no queues for the maps except EB, which was always just a few. Strange that with the switch of the map it seems less people are now playing WvW than with the old DBL map (updated DBL map)…

I still believe that the best course of action would be to have each server have a different map. This allows players to play the map they like, and gives Anet metrics on which map(s) are the most populate when they are available at the same time.

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

While the recent changes to the desert bls did make them more playable than at their release they are still nowhere near as enjoyable as the alpine bls. If there is rotation, I would only like to see the desert 1 week out of 4.

Mulzi, don’t know which T1 server you were on today but during NA prime on DB had queues on 2 bl’s and EB. There was much joy in mapchat and teamspeak about the return of alpine and great open field fights to be had. Big win for alpine!!

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Sorry halo guild on SFR is going to EBG until there is active map-rotation, the map is exactly the same as the one we got bored with 2 years back, it has no added value atm. except for the new keep, tower and camp upgrade system.

If the change would be based on actively including more maps in WvW we would continiue to stay on the borderlands as for me now it is pointless.

Offensive potential has been reduced to offer zerg/blob warfare and perma-thief tagging a chance that is not an improvement, but a reduction of the offensive action diversity, map options and in my opinion a missed chance to make from change a ++ situation.

I wonder if 186 players start complaining wether to bring back Desert borderlands it would be a representative vote for Arena-Net to bring DBL back on the total amount of thousands of players representing WvW evry day.

I played Alpine 2,45 years after 5 minites of it i’m totally bored of the way it looks, it doesn’t offer anything new, it would work in a map-rotation but not as it is now.

So Angel Hearts Clan my guild will go EBG now.

Informing the Seafarers Rest server now

Take care :-)

I can’t say I’ve ever seen your guild on SFR. Did you just bandwagon here?

Out of the ‘186’, how many are active and how many actually play in wvw?

Given I’ve not seen you, going ‘back’ to EB won’t make much of a difference really.

And a guild going to EB? There is plenty of action to be had on the Alpine BL, or is facing other guild groups too hard? If you’re from SFR, then you wouldn’t be that concerned about the score and would be looking for fights- and whether it’s Deserted BL or Alpine doesn’t make much difference there (except Deserted is a longer run back after you wipe).

Just notify the community you are withdrawing from the guild roster on the TS meeting, thanks.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Sages.3496

Sages.3496

Uuuh, how about -not- bringing the desert borderlands back at all and putting them on their own separate qeue instead? so that way there is no rotation and instead of 4 maps to play on, design another version of EB to go along with the desert stuff and make it 8 maps to choose from?

in WvW

Posted by: Aezyr.5304

Aezyr.5304

The campaign starts NOW!

No I don’t want that border back. Desert got a bit better with the fixes it received but it’s still miles away from any fine gaming experience in my opinion.

However I would have no problem with anet developing new maps to put into a rotation. But those need to include the feedback we gave from the last 7 months. No gimmicks, easy to maneuver, enough open field with only a few chokes. In other words: KISS – keep it simple stupid.

in WvW

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

Maybe we can turn desert borderlands to pve map like this map with big flower boss at the end were are towers and dolyaks also? And 99% of word population loves alpine borderlands BC there is no elevation ur skills actually work . there is just enough choices and enough room to fight . I can understand how skilless guildsblobs like desert BC it makes 1 spamming tactics Easter

in WvW

Posted by: Seed.5467

Seed.5467

Yesterday got a reminder of how “stagnant gameplay”, Alpine BL offering, in contrast to the Desert ones. I will give it a 2 week time, untill all the “flashback memories” and " Alpine Borderland-Hype" settles in. Then we are going to see the same problems that we had prior to the removal of the Alpine borderlands.

Regards

in WvW

Posted by: kathy.8291

kathy.8291

Please DO NOT bring back the desert borderlands. It was extremely hard running a mile away to get to a keep, camp, or tower just to defend. 1/2 the server would say screw that let them have it because it was too much running over, under, around, on top and then falling off a cliff just to defend. THANK YOU so much Anet from the bottom of the old veteran players heart for bringing back the Alpine Maps. The new players in wvw have no clue how much fun the alpine maps were and we are all excited they are back. I told my friends that left GW2 and WvW the Alpine Maps are back and they came back to GW2 yesterday. You will see many people coming back to the game. So much fun roaming again and finding people around the maps.

in WvW

Posted by: Mark.1679

Mark.1679

Did people allready forget about the huge failed middle event of DBL? And that it was removed without filling in something else? making the whole middle obsolete?! ABL allready gave me and my guild better fights then DBL ever did in those 7 months.

That said, I see people talking about how zergs rule in ABL. this is utter BS. ABL actually has less chokes and gives more room to fight. A good guild group has more of a chance versus a zerg in ABL then the DBL wich is full of chokes. How can people not see this?

D/F frontline for [PUSH]

(edited by Mark.1679)

in WvW

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

Yesterday got a reminder of how “stagnant gameplay”, Alpine BL offering, in contrast to the Desert ones. I will give it a 2 week time, untill all the “flashback memories” and " Alpine Borderland-Hype" settles in. Then we are going to see the same problems that we had prior to the removal of the Alpine borderlands.

Regards

My wvw guild was active for 2 years and all of us including me stopped wvw after desert BL it was 2 much running and killing NPCs and random effects what gives edge to us or enemy’s we made hardcore fractals guild when desert bls came were were best water blasting fractal guild ever and we did our first raid again in wvw yesterday

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I beg to differ.

Anyways, relax please, they’re coming on a rotation. I really prefer alpine for it’s layout.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Imagine how anet feels now with a thread like this… /shrug

in WvW

Posted by: MjooDKsA.4975

MjooDKsA.4975

The campaign starts NOW!

Stop kidding your self, the Desert Borderlands are too big for Gw2 Players and most players want the alpine Borderlands and the proof on that was the enormous queue yesterday after the Alpine BL update.

Desert Borderlands will only kill the WvW Community and the game style with it, please don’t remove the Alpine Borderlands.