Perplexity runes

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

1) Slap a CD of 20 seconds on the interrupt bonus.
2) Fix the confusion duration bugs
3) Maybe change the “20% on-hit” to “30% on crit” for the number 4 rune bonus…..?

Gandara

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Zosk.5609

Zosk.5609

1) Remove all these confusion, retaliation, and torment barbs from the game as they do not make sense given the design.

Other games were not only more careful with these effects damage wise, they also had more practical options of alternative things you could do… like heal or buff if you can’t attack, or stand still and get healed by an ally if you couldn’t move.

These types of effects are not doing this game any favors….

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

How long is the internal CD on the 6th rune effect? Seems strong if the internal CD was too low. If not the runes seem okay. Should be at least 30 seconds internal cd(3 times the duration like with skill 4 where it already is mentioned).

If you’re actually asking, the ICD on the 6th effect is inexistant – spam away.

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Yeah. I read it in some other thread already. Seems heavily bugged and not intended since most other runes have internal CD even on some totally weak stuff. They probably did not have in mind that some classes can use interrupt very often and therefore forgot to put an internal CD. If interrupt were more rare so you there was no class that could use them more than 1 each 20 seconds then no CD would be needed.

Maybe they also could change it like Guardian Symbol of Swiftness: Only applies swiftness if there is no swiftness at target(at least undil Dec 10 when they’ll change it).

Only apply confusion if there is no confusion on the target. Then it could stay with 10 seconds internal CD only. Use it again after 10 seconds to reapply. But only if you haven’t applied confusion with some other skill.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Satori.7268

Satori.7268

not available is spvp. make it not available in wvw. problem solved.

or change the last bonus to something else

(edited by Satori.7268)

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

How the kitten are these runes still in the game? It’s been months…

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

http://i.imgur.com/eACzJ4e.gif

elite specs ruined pvp.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: PolishSausage.1279

PolishSausage.1279

You must have missed his video of killing people with perplexity and fireworks.

brb, making a troll condition necro set with fireworks.

Seriously, though, confusion in general should be seriously looked at.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Araris.7839

Araris.7839

Too easily abused by select classes. Poorly thought out design. If a rune can change your entire class to the point shown in multiple videos, its obviously not working as intended.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

There have been class and game breaking bugs in the game since Beta and they have still not been fixed. It took the developers months and months to fix Necro downed state health – which was a massive issue.

Given the time it takes to resolve said issues, I would not expect action quickly.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

There have been class and game breaking bugs in the game since Beta and they have still not been fixed. It took the developers months and months to fix Necro downed state health – which was a massive issue.

Given the time it takes to resolve said issues, I would not expect action quickly.

Those were presumably difficult bugs to fix. They can just straight up remove perplexity until they’ve had time to look at the runes, something you can’t do with an entire class.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

^and they fixed the torment runes immediately. So if they say it takes time, that’s complete BS. It’s an effortless little thing to change for them. It doesn’t affect the balance of spvp though since they aren’t in there in the first place because they know how stupidly OP they are, so they couldn’t care less since it wont effect their e-sport.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

Anet plays favorites.

#truth

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Those were presumably difficult bugs to fix. They can just straight up remove perplexity until they’ve had time to look at the runes, something you can’t do with an entire class.

Good point.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Felix.2613

Felix.2613

brb, making a troll condition necro set with fireworks.

And then you will walk out into WvW, and you will get your behind handed to you again and again over and over. And then you meet this guy, who doesn’t know much, and he kills himself to confusion. And you have it frapsed and you put it on Youtube and you go here thinking you should get a Nobel prize or something.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Just wanted to pop in and say we haven’t forgotten about this. The good news is the change should be coming sooner than later.

Thanks for your patience.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Just wanted to pop in and say we haven’t forgotten about this. The good news is the change should be coming sooner than later.

Praise Lord Grouch

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I can’t help but think you finally made some runes with enough oomph to create valid new competitive builds and then backpedal… while simultaneously saying “We know there are a lot of runes/sigils out there that are ineffectual trash we’d like to bring some value to.”

I just hope the revised Perplexity runes remain potent enough to be interesting, instead of joining the vast ranks of mediocrity still waiting to get that polish.

I’ve made 18 of them (equipped one set of six on a Ranger, go figure) and have the mats on hand for another set. Just waiting to see if the new version prompts the creativity and experimentation the first version did or if we’re looking at another tepid batch of gunk while the Lyssa set continues to define ‘overpowered’.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Agreed. There is a great video out there of a thief with only an off-hand pistol killing people with these runes.

While perplexity runes are undoubtedly a massive problem, that’s just as much a testament of how ridiculous thieves evasion is when combined with all the passive-defensive abilities and traits they have.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Hmm, what will everyone blame now when they die in WvW?

I tried these for a few nights, and I never understood all the hubbub, and swapped them out for what I was originally using, and I never seem to notice them being used against me.

Are you making any other rune changes, either nerfs or buffs, Jon???

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Cares Less.9631

Cares Less.9631

They at least allowed Mesmer to play some different builds, I hope they don’t get over nerfed, Confusion needs to stay in the game, mindless tards pressing one in a zerg deserve their fate, I hope it is only 6/6 that gets an ICD, Engineer and Warrior doing better with Confusion than Mesmer is wrong.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Apparently everyone forgot about Sigils of Generosity and Sigil of Purity.

Counters to this are already in the game, but everyone want to nerf stuff instead of fight against the meta.

Great job guys, worst game community 2013.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Counters to this are already in the game, but everyone want to nerf stuff instead of fight against the meta.

Hahaha.

I look forward to more posts like this.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Maesk.8753

Maesk.8753

Agreed. There is a great video out there of a thief with only an off-hand pistol killing people with these runes.

While perplexity runes are undoubtedly a massive problem, that’s just as much a testament of how ridiculous thieves evasion is when combined with all the passive-defensive abilities and traits they have.

Tell me sir, what passive defensive traits do we (thieves) have that are so ridiculous?

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Conncept.7638

Tell me sir, what passive defensive traits do we (thieves) have that are so ridiculous?

You can’t be serious? Let’s see:

• Condition removal upon entering stealth and every three seconds thereafter, half the classes in the game only have 1-2 damaging conditions and 3-4 total. This is virtual immunity to condition builds from those classes merely by chaining 1-2 stealth skills together.
  • Condition removal upon evading
  • AoE disable upon dodging
  • AoE Blind upon entering stealth and every three seconds thereafter. This procs when stealth is activated not when it resolves. Meaning this completely nullifies the single possible counteraction to stealth, interrupts.
  • Not one but two regeneration in stealth traits. 3600 damage healed without any investment in to healing power. If you read the comments you would know this is how the guy in the fireworks video survived.
  • Healing upon using initiative
  • Healing upon evading
  • Fed initiative upon evading
  • Fed initiative upon healing
  • Fed initiative upon entering stealth and while in stealth

And of course not a single ICD anywhere

And I said ‘all the passive defensive trats’ not ‘a passive defensive trait’. None of these trait are game-breaking unto themselves. However enough of them (and there are a lot, I didn’t even list them all) and the thief works in a nearly self-sustaining system. What the thief is meant to spend it’s resource and cooldowns on (the risk and reward of thief play, go all in and have nothing left, or hold back and escape) instead feeds them, meaning that no matter how far a thief delves in to an attack, it always gets enough back to survive, and most importantly, without any active play.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Nike.2631

I find it amusing you just read off the checklist for what’s getting nerfed for thieves on Dec 10. Ok, the heal on spending initiative is actually going up a little, but mostly in the form of Healing power scaling AND its being moved up to the Grandmaster status it rightly commands.

I guess the Perplexity changes come sooner – I’m hopeful that the term nerf is less applicable and there is more of a correction/sanity check at work here. They added fun. Hopefully they can still be fun without crossing the threshold into abusive. Because ‘adding fun’ is something runes are not doing as often as they could .

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

To the people who will come out of the woodwork and criticize anet, shame on you.

Kudos Josh. Thanks for finally getting around to this.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Well, since this is quickly becoming another THIEVES OP topic instead of keeping the focus on the actual problem, here’s the full build I used to make the fireworks video:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fYAQBViZq8cpJtT8nTEeP+KaNrmCaazOFcV+A-jEBBpQFRjtsuIasaUER1eEER1A-w
(note: gw2skills.net only has ascended/exotic gear… I was actually in green carrion gear. I’m way too cheap to buy fancy things for a joke video).

As you can see, most of the skills/traits people are complaining about aren’t even in this build.

(edited by TeamBattleAxe.3901)

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Conncept.7638

I find it amusing you just read off the checklist for what’s getting nerfed for thieves on Dec 10. Ok, the heal on spending initiative is actually going up a little, but mostly in the form of Healing power scaling AND its being moved up to the Grandmaster status it rightly commands.

I guess the Perplexity changes come sooner – I’m hopeful that the term nerf is less applicable and there is more of a correction/sanity check at work here. They added fun. Hopefully they can still be fun without crossing the threshold into abusive. Because ‘adding fun’ is something runes are not doing as often as they could .

You’re also getting a 33% buff to base initiative gain. It comes out to just about even, except now you don’t have to spend any traits. As to whether or not this will be a buff or nerf in the end, no telling until it goes live.

And you are seriously the posterboy for the problem with the thief class and gaming at large. These were ‘fun’ for the person using them and nobody else, they removed all counterplay, provided no tactile or visual affect on gameplay, and the only fun from them came from knowing how frustrated your opponent was. If you enjoy that, then I pity you.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

You can’t be serious? Let’s see:

• Condition removal upon entering stealth and every three seconds thereafter, half the classes in the game only have 1-2 damaging conditions and 3-4 total. This is virtual immunity to condition builds from those classes merely by chaining 1-2 stealth skills together.
  • Condition removal upon evading
  • AoE disable upon dodging
  • AoE Blind upon entering stealth and every three seconds thereafter. This procs when stealth is activated not when it resolves. Meaning this completely nullifies the single possible counteraction to stealth, interrupts.
  • Not one but two regeneration in stealth traits. 3600 damage healed without any investment in to healing power. If you read the comments you would know this is how the guy in the fireworks video survived.
  • Healing upon using initiative
  • Healing upon evading
  • Fed initiative upon evading
  • Fed initiative upon healing
  • Fed initiative upon entering stealth and while in stealth

And of course not a single ICD anywhere

And I said ‘all the passive defensive trats’ not ‘a passive defensive trait’. None of these trait are game-breaking unto themselves. However enough of them (and there are a lot, I didn’t even list them all) and the thief works in a nearly self-sustaining system. What the thief is meant to spend it’s resource and cooldowns on (the risk and reward of thief play, go all in and have nothing left, or hold back and escape) instead feeds them, meaning that no matter how far a thief delves in to an attack, it always gets enough back to survive, and most importantly, without any active play.

woah i wanna know how you got enough points for all those traits and use multiple spells even though classes can use only 5 spells at given time…. must be a hax

jokes aside, there is so much wrong about this post:
- yes thieves can remove conditions in stealth, yes chaining stealth is possible however it comes at quite high costs (either long CDs or possible dmg + you have to invest points into tree for it -> more dmg/utility sacrifice)
- evade doesn’t remove all conditions but weakness and cripples, also comes at costs of dodge and trait (and is actually located in completely different tree as condi removal on stealth)
- aoe disable upon dodge what? that is new to me
- aoe blind upon entering stealth again costs either ini or long CD + points into shadow tree -> less points for dmg; also it doesn’t blind enemy again, it is 1 time blind, get your facts straight
- regen in stealth again….costs stealth (ini or long CD) + traits and they don’t stack either…
- healing by using initiative -> trait
- there is no healing upon evading except for withdraw, however if you took withdraw you have 1 stealth spell less, meaning points above are way less effective/less used
- there is no ini gain on dodge unless you ment withdraw and hastened replenishment trait (grandmaster in trickery)
- gaining ini in stealth again costs trait and is getting majorly nerfed next patch btw

from the look of your description every thief must be using following spec:

0/0/30/30/30
have withdraw and 0 dmg, but not hide in shadows
note: ran out of points in shadow tree, as listed “passive” traits come from same tree but you can only choose 3 so in given game it is not possible both regen traits, blind trait, condi removal trait, ini gain trait etc. active at the same time
note2: since idk wth is disable upon dodging, i ignored that point

the issue with all those listed “passive” traits is that they all sounds nice on paper but it is not possible to have them at the same time and they come at high cost of trait + CDs+ ini, ignore the fact that choosing them thief gives up dmg, a lot of it too

lastly, let me remind you why thieves have to rely on stealth/dodge: they don’t have protections, blocks, invul or any good heals, their healing/toughness scaling is horrendous

you say thief evasion is ridicilous? i can take warriors right now, make list of their crap and suddenly thieves look like a sad joke

back to topic: glad something gonna be done about runes; runes should be helping builds not define them

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Their toughness scaling is horrendous?… it’s the same as every1 else.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: mas.7401

mas.7401

They at least allowed Mesmer to play some different builds, I hope they don’t get over nerfed, Confusion needs to stay in the game, mindless tards pressing one in a zerg deserve their fate, I hope it is only 6/6 that gets an ICD, Engineer and Warrior doing better with Confusion than Mesmer is wrong.

Why is it wrong? Engineer has more access naturally to confusion than a mesmer.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Satori.7268

Satori.7268

Why is it wrong? Engineer has more access naturally to confusion than a mesmer.

lol

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Wraistlin.6072

Wraistlin.6072

I quite enjoy these runes on my elementalist. It’s nice having confusion at my disposal now too.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I’ve seen Nikes on a poster before and they are pretty amazing. :P

I use them and hope they are still useful enough once nerfed.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Nike.2631

You’re also getting a 33% buff to base initiative gain. It comes out to just about even, except now you don’t have to spend any traits. As to whether or not this will be a buff or nerf in the end, no telling until it goes live.

Sure. I have a D/D super unicorn and the patchnotes they showed were nothing but buffs to my no-stealth-at-all playstyle on thief. I run a Thief TANK . A big ol’ Norn Acrobatics-THUG.

And you are seriously the posterboy for the problem with the thief class and gaming at large.

I have no kitten idea what you are talking about, and since I know you have no idea how I play, I know you don’t know what you’re talking about either . I didn’t make a judgment call about the changes, I just thought it was amusing that every problem listed was on the Dev’s known hit list. I basically said “Yes, and the Devs agree with you” without any other comment, so rein it in, eh?

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Dragsooth.4071

Dragsooth.4071

How about you people NOT use skills while you have confusion on. Better yet, cure it or dodge it.

You already got what you want with this Casual Gamer crap, all you have to do is press a freaking button or DON’T.

:3

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

I hope you won’t send thief’s pistol/pistol condition build to grave, because the only reason anybody plays double pistol are these runes.

@up
Only bad players or players with many long channeling skills allow to apply +20 stacks to them. There are fights you might not win, because your opponent knows what are you doing (stability please), forcing you to retreat. Not to mention, they can simply run away from you, because you deal almost no damage while they flee.

Signed, level 1 alt

(edited by Dagins.5163)

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Blades.9417

Blades.9417

How about you people NOT use skills while you have confusion on. Better yet, cure it or dodge it.

You already got what you want with this Casual Gamer crap, all you have to do is press a freaking button or DON’T.

Then you’ll just stand there taking damage, because you’ll have confusion permanently.

You hit them: get confused.
They rupt you: get confused.

they dish out damage, you stand still otherwise you’ll get confused.

Its ridiculous, thieves get to the point of only autoattacking with pistols and stealth after getting hit.The only class i faced that never used this runes were guardians.

This runes need to be nerfed to oblivion.

SFR thief.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Great, this was really necessary

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I hope you won’t send thief’s pistol/pistol condition build to grave, because the only reason anybody plays double pistol are these runes.

You are incorrect, sir.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

@TeamBattleAxe.3901
Measurement error.

Signed, level 1 alt

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Gahzirra.8639

Gahzirra.8639

That argument didnt work for mesmers and they couldnt get that many stacks as easily as some classes can now.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Perphection.8209

Perphection.8209

sigh That’s really all I can say about this. Just change the ICD and let this end already.

Moose Man Jones [vT]
- Charr Warrior
- Charr Necromancer

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Alacrity.4312

Alacrity.4312

10 sec ICD for both sigils…
Rune of perplexity got ZERO ICD.. so you re-apply 25 stacks in 2-3sec after its been removed…

Exactly.
and, even with close to 95% crit chance, on average you’d have to trigger confusion twice to get the sigil to proc (not to mention giving your opponent more opportunities to interrupt in doing so).

[it’d be nice if Purity worked differently, eg on wep-swap]

(edited by Alacrity.4312)

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

The 6/6 bonus on Runes of Perplexity now have a 8 second cooldown. This was excluded from the patch notes, but we’re in the process of getting them added.

Thought you guys would like to know.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: UltraHiDef.4809

UltraHiDef.4809

Why 8 seconds instead of 10?

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: ich.7086

ich.7086

Thank You.

I Am An Intruder – War 80
Ich Bin Marc – Thief 80
All Your Dolyaks Are Belong To [Us] (Fort Ranik)

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

The 6/6 bonus on Runes of Perplexity now have a 8 second cooldown. This was excluded from the patch notes, but we’re in the process of getting them added.

Thought you guys would like to know.

Do the +Confusion Duration Boni apply correctly now as well?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Sanlucifer.1742

Sanlucifer.1742

Why 8 and not 15?