Perplexity runes

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

8s is still way too short of a cooldown for 5x confusion stacks.
No other significant sources of confusion can be activated nearly as often. If you insist on keeping it at 5 stacks, a 30s cooldown is a minimum.

Runes should complement a build, not define it by completely overshadowing anything any class weapon skill can do.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: DeckerDontPlay.1639

DeckerDontPlay.1639

Not enough nerf is not enough.

Let me provide some motivation, pretend the rune set is an elementalist.

Sixes – KUM – Maguuma

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

They should just make it so confusion works more like blindness and less like retribution.

Increase the damage, but also decrease duration and increase cooldowns a bit, and make it work just for one hit. Ding. Using confusion becomes a mater of skill, and timing your damage, and less a matter of spamming like crazy and running around like a headless chicken hoping people take long enough to realize they had enough confusion stacks to kill them on the next skill use.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

I’m going to play it and play against it before commenting further.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

they need to delete more runje sets like tyhye are deleting gemstore armor

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

confusion: your next attack hits the closest 5 friendly players (including yourself) instead.

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

This made me laugh xD

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

by the gods, this topic about 90% people mad about this rune and it also appears about 90% of those mad people don’t seem to understand a third of the rune’s bonuses do NOT work. the confusion duration increase hasn’t worked since the runes were implemented. also stability is a 100% counter to the 6th bonus on the runes. confusion is just another condition; there are like 50 or so skills in the game that can remove conditions; gods forbid we mention traits, runes, or nourishment that can remove or reduce conditions. but there is an even greater counter to perplexity: player skill. any good player can keep track of what conditions they have on them and understand don’t spam skills when they have confusion on them, and instead stay calm and cleanse it. I think we should be complaining more about broken mechanics like thiefs being able to evade nearly indefinitely underwater with a spear while still doing damage, or the fact that a warrior can leap away from any threat.

tldr; less qq, more player skill

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Profano.9514

Profano.9514

I’d like to know what type of cooldown is. If It’s applied on target or internal.

The Sleeping Bard [TSB] | The Bard, http://bit.ly/1GSrsZu

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Filovirus.6258

Filovirus.6258

by the gods, this topic about 90% people mad about this rune and it also appears about 90% of those mad people don’t seem to understand a third of the rune’s bonuses do NOT work. the confusion duration increase hasn’t worked since the runes were implemented. also stability is a 100% counter to the 6th bonus on the runes. confusion is just another condition; there are like 50 or so skills in the game that can remove conditions; gods forbid we mention traits, runes, or nourishment that can remove or reduce conditions. but there is an even greater counter to perplexity: player skill. any good player can keep track of what conditions they have on them and understand don’t spam skills when they have confusion on them, and instead stay calm and cleanse it. I think we should be complaining more about broken mechanics like thiefs being able to evade nearly indefinitely underwater with a spear while still doing damage, or the fact that a warrior can leap away from any threat.

tldr; less qq, more player skill

Except confusion is the ONLY condition in game that applies it’s damage (and a LOT of them) when you cleanse it, because pretty much all cleanses are skills you use, hence triggering it.

Oh and last time i checked they fixed pretty much everything on those runes.
Those runes shouldn’t exist without AT LEAST a 45/60s icd.
The day they have, they might be balanced, right now they aren’t at all, far from it.

Stop defending those broken runes, because now you actually manage to kill things with it.
It’s not you who suddenly become “uber good” at pvp, it’s the runes that are broken and op.

The clear sign of something problematic is when something that are supposed to be slight bonuses/help becomes the CENTER of a number of builds, with the WHOLE build made around said thing that should be a slight bonus.

Most other builds, you can swap out the runes for other similar ones without big change.
The builds running perplexity runes ? You change the runes, they don’t work anymore and are useless.
That proves the problem lies in the runes and need to be adressed.
It will be because it’s broken, but as usual it’ll take a massive amout of FOTM for months before it’s fixed….

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Mak.2657

Mak.2657

Stop defending those broken runes, because now you actually manage to kill things with it.
It’s not you who suddenly become “uber good” at pvp, it’s the runes that are broken and op.

Played direct damage thief most of the time – killed all perplexity thieves and other rune users in 1×1 fights. Probably they was very bad players – dunno. Get bored so trying to play condy engi now – can’t interrupt good players on regular basis as i said above. Serves as supplimentary tool.
Still seems like L2P issue for me.
But i don’t want to insist. Just will try another runes if nerfed again.

(edited by Mak.2657)

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I’ve been testing the runes with the new ICD and they’re still quite overpowered. Addressing the immediate interrupt spam was a good move, but it only addressed half of the problem. 8 stacks of confusion (interrupt + on-hit) hurts a lot in a condi build and it’s so easy to achieve that stack. As a Mesmer it means I can dump some ridiculous stacks of confusion on people to the point where it begins to feel like pre-nerf confusion damage and it’s not hard to bury that stack under a plethora of other conditions so people can’t cleanse it before it has ruined them.

If the ICD of the interrupt bonus was 20 seconds and the ‘on-hit’ bonus was ‘on-crit’ these runes would immediately become so much more balanced and still a very good rune set for condi builds to use.

Gandara

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Prophet.1038

Prophet.1038

RIP BG roamers…

RIP Mag roamers…

I luled

Loooooooooooooooooooooooool

Prophet Saladin
Rank 80 sPvP
Champion Phantom

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Why wouldn’t I be surprised if next week these things still hasnt been removed/balanced…

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

Would it perhaps make sense to have a 20 or 30 second ICD with the caveat for the #6 that it’s once per enemy per 20-30 seconds (I’d even be happy with 60 seconds), rather than single target for 8 seconds? I really like the idea of these runes, but for me, it’s too single target to be any good in a WvW counter-zerg situation.

I had already moved on from these runes prior to the nerf, so I’m not too invested, but I always used the runes more to confuse a lot of people rather than to stack confusion on one person. To me, that would be far more useful and potentially less OP than an 8 second individual target cooldown.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: CyRuS.6915

CyRuS.6915

Summary of most “balance” complaints:

I can’t beat it so therefore it is OP. Dear Anet, please nerf everything that I can’t beat until I can beat it. Then everything will be balanced fairly.

P.S.: QQ, QQ, QQ and…. QQ.

Sincerely,
The best player ever with no L2P problems

Anomaly

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

“WvW is not supposed to be balanced”

.. It would fix a lot of annoyances if it would be PvP gear only though..

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Summary of most “balance” complaints:

I can’t beat it so therefore it is OP. Dear Anet, please nerf everything that I can’t beat until I can beat it. Then everything will be balanced fairly.

P.S.: QQ, QQ, QQ and…. QQ.

Sincerely,
The best player ever with no L2P problems

L2P man if you think perplexity rune is Ok you are just a bad player

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Snorcha.7586

Snorcha.7586

The 6/6 bonus on Runes of Perplexity now have a 8 second cooldown. This was excluded from the patch notes, but we’re in the process of getting them added.

Thought you guys would like to know.

8seconds is entirely to short.

Other abilities that apply 5x confusion, actual player skills, last only 5sec baseline with a 15sec cooldown.

This will still put these runes in a position of 10sec duration on 8sec cooldown. And that is ignoring condition duration entirely. Thanks to the +confusion duration it’ll be 13sec.
Stack a bit of condition duration from traits, toxic <sharpening/focus/maintenance oil> and a foodbuff and you can easily get 20sec duration confusion. On an 8sec cooldown.

This leaves Runes of Perplexity still as the vastly superior means to apply confusion. Outclassing playerskills by a significant margin.
A mesmer build for confusion but without perplexity runes will be considerably worst at stacking and maintaining confusion then a thief that picked up nothing but perplexity runes and an offhand pistol. He could otherwise be completely untraited and have no weapon in his mainhand.

How can the developers continue to ignore this point??? – You’re better off running a naked theif with just a pistol then building a full fledged traited confusion build if confusion is what you’re aiming for.. Terrible game design.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

The 6/6 bonus on Runes of Perplexity now have a 8 second cooldown. This was excluded from the patch notes, but we’re in the process of getting them added.

Thought you guys would like to know.

8seconds is entirely to short.

Other abilities that apply 5x confusion, actual player skills, last only 5sec baseline with a 15sec cooldown.

This will still put these runes in a position of 10sec duration on 8sec cooldown. And that is ignoring condition duration entirely. Thanks to the +confusion duration it’ll be 13sec.
Stack a bit of condition duration from traits, toxic <sharpening/focus/maintenance oil> and a foodbuff and you can easily get 20sec duration confusion. On an 8sec cooldown.

This leaves Runes of Perplexity still as the vastly superior means to apply confusion. Outclassing playerskills by a significant margin.
A mesmer build for confusion but without perplexity runes will be considerably worst at stacking and maintaining confusion then a thief that picked up nothing but perplexity runes and an offhand pistol. He could otherwise be completely untraited and have no weapon in his mainhand.

How can the developers continue to ignore this point??? – You’re better off running a naked theif with just a pistol then building a full fledged traited confusion build if confusion is what you’re aiming for.. Terrible game design.

There’s a video of a thief winning 1v1s and 1v2s with nothing but things like steal and scorpion wire + perplexity runes. All while holding fireworks. No weapons.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I too still find these Runes to be grossly overpowered.

No other Rune set has really struck me kitten “out of whack”. Maybe Confusion itself is the issue, but the Runes really exasperate the issue.

Please nerf them further or replace them with something less impactful.

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

I would love Perplexity runes to be used against stun/immobilize spam mini-zergs That would be perfect. 5 stacks to attacker who stuns you, 5 stacks for immobilize. You expected to lock everyone for 12s? Have 10 stacks of confusion instead, enjoy

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Perplexity Runes are definitely on our radar. I talked with our designers about this and you can expect some changes to this rune-set in the near future. I don’t have specific details on what changes we’ll be making, but I figured I’d let you guys know that we are looking at it.

Thanks guys!

Since Rangers get face-melted in WvW (but not PvE!) how about giving some of that Perplexity power to our pets – like they were in their true strength before we tamed them?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Still not addressed.

Worst prioritization ever.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I see these days only a few perplexety rune users. And the ones I see give me the impression that they actually know how to play. As far as my experience goes, there are way less of the bandwagon exploiters arround, for it requires now a half brain cell to use the set to be efficient. Te no brain cell beings are apperently gone… or at least less…

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

Perplexity runes

in WvW

Posted by: Senjun.8149

Senjun.8149

Are u saying to make it useless and non-threatening?