Server Match up is terrible

in WvW

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

The deviation on this system is still way too much. I think I’m bored for 66 percent of the match-ups because my server is either annihilating someone or getting owned. (I actually prefer getting owned because there’s at least objectives to go for, but sometimes a dominant zerg can ruin everything.)

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

with this terrible match up system, couple with the farmfest living story, WvW is dead ….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Server match ups are improving in lower tiers..because people are quitting =D.

in WvW

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

I think it’s safe to say 2 of the biggest complaints about WvW are: The fact that this could get done relatively easily and it hasn’t been yet tells me it’s not high on ANet’s priority list, nor will it be so long as they’re getting revenue in other ways.

There is like one dev assigned full time to WvW. That should tell you something when craptent like the bi-weekly updates have several teams of 6+ each working on them.

Anet is leaving the door so wide open for a newer MMO to take over the WvW style play market. It’ only a matter of time now.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Please RNG god, give us enemies that dont outnumber us on every map all day.

in WvW

Posted by: STOOOO.2681

STOOOO.2681

well we on Gandara today are hugely outnumbered our wvw population cant even deal with the numbers from deso or abaddon.

random wvw matchups suck.

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Week 1: FoW Vs Vabbi Vs WSR
Week 2: FoW Vs Vabbi Vs WSR
Week 3: FoW Vs Vabbi Vs WSR

Week 4: BT Vs Vabbi Vs WSR
Week 5 BT Vs Vabbi Vs WSR

I wonder what the chances are of it being BT Vs Vabbi Vs WSR in Week 6. This matchup system is AWFUL, i mean you couldnt even try to make it any worse then it is right now, the sad thing is…I think you have done this on PURPOSE to squeeze as much money from people as you can through Sever transfer

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Devon it’s about time you got your head out of your backside and made some changes, This match-up system is not working.

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Devon it’s about time you got your head out of your backside and made some changes, This match-up system is not working.

How long have we, the PLAYERS been telling them that – they just dont care. Plus its Anet knowing them they would change it to something worse. It would be a tough challenge but if anyone would be able to do such a thing it would be Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

There are still a lot PLAYER which like and support the new matchup system!!
Only the anti-faction produces more posts

PS: We had two lower ranked servers last week, hm, our opponents seemed to like the match: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/Aurora-Glade-v-Elona-Reach-v-Augury-Rock

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Those would be people on huge pop servers that get to steam roll people on smaller population servers and those that constantly fight other big servers, everyone hates it!

in WvW

Posted by: Lutto.8745

Lutto.8745

Hey… Gandara is facing a rank 3 server again (we are 14) second time after changes! thanks devon

Edit: it was a fun matchup last week against BB/JS ( rank 7 and 8 ) but against a tier 1 server? thats just to far and hard to play against..

Member of [SoZ] GM of mEIGHT [mEJT]
S1/S2 Legend Engineer @ Gandara EU.

(edited by Lutto.8745)

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Those would be people on huge pop servers that get to steam roll people on smaller population servers and those that constantly fight other big servers, everyone hates it!

On FC we constantly fight higher tiers and I like this matchup system more than the other. It isn’t perfect but it is certainly better. Only people on huge pop server, huh.. I didn’t know FC had a huge population. Maybe they are all hiding in the JPs.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

On FC we constantly fight higher tiers and I like this matchup system more than the other. It isn’t perfect but it is certainly better. Only people on huge pop server, huh.. I didn’t know FC had a huge population. Maybe they are all hiding in the JPs.

You might be on a decent server for getting people INTO WvW, doesnt mean every server is like it. For example i bet your server would out number mine in WvW…

in WvW

Ynot.8397

You might be on a decent server for getting people INTO WvW, doesnt mean every server is like it. For example i bet your server would out number mine in WvW…

But everyone hates it, right? Check out how badly FC gets stomped. I still have fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Frayta.4816

Frayta.4816

The random match-ups are good for everyone but Tier 1. After three weeks of stomping Fort Aspenwood- we were so bored, people didn’t even go into WvW by the end of the third week.

However- I DO think that matchup’s should be randomized via server pupation. IE Tarnished Coast should face off against Sorrows Furnace- very different in tier, but they have a decent number count to put up a fight. We beat TC ourselves, but atleast it wasn’t a face-roll we did have to work for it.

in WvW

Ynot.8397

The random match-ups are good for everyone but Tier 1. After three weeks of stomping Fort Aspenwood- we were so bored, people didn’t even go into WvW by the end of the third week.

However- I DO think that matchup’s should be randomized via server pupation. IE Tarnished Coast should face off against Sorrows Furnace- very different in tier, but they have a decent number count to put up a fight. We beat TC ourselves, but atleast it wasn’t a face-roll we did have to work for it.

Wait, what? SF vs TC? WTF!?!? TC stomps everything below them in a terrible way. You think SF can take on TC with it resulting in anything but people getting spawned camped? What about the other server? Should we send in ET too?

in WvW

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

Should we send in ET too?

Nah, ET is too highly populated.

Let’s try TC/AR/DR instead :P

First round of popcorn is on me.

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

in WvW

Posted by: Im Not So Nice.2360

Im Not So Nice.2360

Tarnished Coast should face off against Sorrows Furnace- very different in tier, but they have a decent number count to put up a fight.

wat

Why would you ever wish that on Sorrow’s Furnace? I don’t think you understand how massive the coverage gap between T2(1.5) and T7 is…

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

The match-up system is not terrible. It’s the server transfer cost system that’s terrible.

There’s little reason for people to want to transfer down when for only a few more gems they can just transfer up and win every week instead.

in WvW

Posted by: Asurastafarian.9708

Asurastafarian.9708

ANET needs to implement positive reinforcement changes to WvW. I thought this game was going to be PvP/WvW focused and it’s not. There’s nothing exciting going on in WvW. It’s like the same kitten every kittening week now – eg. bugged garrisons and keeps that won’t upgrade, server match ups that are imbalanced to where it’s feels pointless to even try. I bet a lot of people who are sick of long ques on overpopulated servers would like to move if it were free. Also, I know PvE gets bonuses when their WvW is winning, but is it the other way around as well ? They spend too much time of these stories for PvE where you do the same song and dance fights every time. Dynamic events my kitten – it’s the same kitten every time. Once someone figures out how to successfully beat something it’s just rinse and repeat.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Lol my home server(FoW) is getting utterly destroyed against our new line up. There must be quite some players on I think drakkar. Whole EB is theirs, and all borderlands too.
Time to quit.

(edited by aspirine.6852)

in WvW

Hule.8794

Do not wuit yet. With introducing league, I hope matchups will be locked in one league, so You would not face Drakkars again

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Thread deserves a revive this week.

SoR and TC vs. SoS! Epic. I’ll be enjoying SoR’s 9000 players per map against our 30 on EB and 10 on SoS.

DB vs YB vs Kaineng. Another solid match up!

BP getting Mag dumped on them.

DH and HoD fighting off CD!

Predictable results incoming.

in WvW

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

With leagues ensuring you play against every server in your league, you’re guaranteed to have matches like this in the future. I don’t know what things are like in EU but in NA, the coverage and number advantages are just too big to have real competition when match ups like this occur.

in WvW

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Had a quick look at EU, I don’t know their servers well, but in terms of rankings, it looks like chaos there too.

Rank 11 in tier 2!
Rank 5 & Rank6 in tier 4!
Rank1 in tier 3! etc

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

One of the worse match up weeks I’ve seen…
A couple of 8 rank spreads in NA match ups, and a 12 rank spread in the EU match ups. Why are servers facing other servers up to 2-3 tiers higher? You want to give servers a “challenge” then fine let them jump one tier and do the max spread at 3 or 4 ranks. If you’re trying to demoralize the lower population servers, well congratulations I’m sure more than half the wvw servers won’t care this week. So annoying to see Anet continually ruin one of the best parts of the game, but oh thanks for the handicap points I suppose >.>

1st moves up, 3rd moves down, 2nd stays in tier, I don’t think that’s hard to do.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Feels like an eternity since this was posted:

TL;DR: We are going to wait at least a couple more weeks before changing any of the math behind the new system, but it is very likely we’ll decrease the size of the variation at some point.

3 months ago.

in WvW

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

Had a quick look at EU, I don’t know their servers well, but in terms of rankings, it looks like chaos there too.

Rank 11 in tier 2!
Rank 5 & Rank6 in tier 4!
Rank1 in tier 3! etc

You quote the response from Devon in the post above this one but missed the first part of it I see:

The concept of tiers has little meaning at this point and you should try to stop thinking of matchups in those terms. Servers are matched up by proximity of rating, not proximity of “tier”. If the tiers have ratings that are within the range of the random adjustment, they can end up fighting each other.

That said, the difference in rating in the matchups you quote is pretty high.

On the other hand with the top 2 servers being a 100 rating points ahead of the rest I am happy we have some RNG to get difference matchups. As PS we finally made it to the top 3 after having a matchup with the top 2 servers, but another week against them would have been tough.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

TL;DR: We are going to wait at least a couple more weeks before changing any of the math behind the new system, but it is very likely we’ll decrease the size of the variation at some point.

3 months ago.

“at some point” – Really!? This is TERRIBLE. They clearly don’t care. This new League system is for ONE thing – MONEY from players transferring to other servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Thread deserves a revive this week.

SoR and TC vs. SoS! Epic. I’ll be enjoying SoR’s 9000 players per map against our 30 on EB and 10 on SoS.

DB vs YB vs Kaineng. Another solid match up!

BP getting Mag dumped on them.

DH and HoD fighting off CD!

Predictable results incoming.

I shall cheer for you SoS

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

This is all part of their plan to force WvW players into SAB

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

How long have we, the PLAYERS been telling them that – they just dont care. Plus its Anet knowing them they would change it to something worse. It would be a tough challenge but if anyone would be able to do such a thing it would be Anet.

Agree the players complain. The problem is it is only complaining. Never a realistic solution…since there isn’t one.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Terrible match up this week.

HoD vs. CD. CD is rank 10 and Hod is rank 18?

They run a zerg more than double our number in EB even at 5 AM est.

Terrible. The new match up ‘league’ of crap will be the same until they address the main issues behind the imbalance.

in WvW

Hule.8794

This week? In EU its is for weeks now.
this week: rating 1 vs 13, 15 vs 21, 10 vs 18, 5 vs 12
last week: 1 vs6, 4 vs 10, 3 vs 14, 5 vs 15, 8 vs 20 (12 ranks difefrence?), 13 vs 22, 18 vs 25
week before: 4 vs 13, 7 vs 14, 12 vs 18, 15 vs 24,
week before: 1 vs 7, 6 vs 17, 11 vs 20, 14 vs 21, 13 vs 22
and so on

US is fine only few matchups are bad, but in EU almost every matchup is blowout. And thanks to national servers, like Drakkars, which dont have players during early hours but have legion during primetime, they are low in rating, are smaller servers stomped often.
Like Fort Ranik. They dont have people all day but every evening it looks like they will fill all borderlands.

in WvW

Posted by: LordMadman.5812

LordMadman.5812

What will end up happening is that Anet will get inaccurate data because the people in the lower tiers will not play if the match-ups are unbalanced. Many people have already decided that they won’t WVW until the season starts, so what does that mean for this test validity? That it’s non-existent. And, other people are moving or deciding to move to the higher tiers before the season starts, which will make any data they do obtain invalid as well.

Basically, what I’ve confirmed from this is that if you want to WVW at all, in either a group with friends or in a zerg, move to higher tier server. I really would like more structured PVP varieties like in GW1 (HoH, GVG, JQ, FA, and Alliance Battles), which is fair play that resets upon queue into a new match. The way this works now… we’re basically sitting the bench for a week to see what next week rolls and that sucks.

in WvW

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Can’t even stand to be in WvW at the moment. SoR has god knows how many players, on every single map, every single hour of every single day.

Sure, we defend the occasional tower against them, as soon as you leave any tower or fort you’re hit by a train. Need to get some supply? Not happening, even the camps are stacked 10+ as well as sieged. Our only hope is siegerazer for supply, hahahahah! It’s so pathetic and is such a depressing atmosphere. Thanks anet.

Getting ready for the leagues which won’t fix anything. If anything it’s going to make wvw even worse. Not to mention bringing back +stat orb control.

Not impressed.

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Yeah depressing trying to get my daily yak kill done and getting chased by 10+ SoR halfway across the map because they’re that bored.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

As least the roaming is mildly entertaining as always. For now.

Gates of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Match ups based on glicko need to return, i would like to feel like we can move up a ladder as a server in place of feeling confined to a roll of dice.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

And to imagine that once they put in that league garbage, it’s only gonna get worse.

It’s like they read the thread and decided to give you all the middle finger.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I think I’ve figured it out actually. This is Anets plan to balance the WvW populations so that we can have better matches in the future.

Anet can’t forcefully move players from one server to another to balance the populations out. So they come up with something to force the players to move themselves around to balance out the populations.

After being bored to death by the league system, and realizing that the rewards are not worth the boredom, the top tier players will transfer to other servers and spread out the WvW population.

Presto, no more complaints about server matches being terrible!

in WvW

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

Until transfer costs to servers takes into account active WvW populations, down transfers won’t often occur.

The only reason for having a home server IS WvW, as you can guest or join instanced-areas for every other activity.

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

SF vs ET v DR

Not so terrible as some of the other fights, but still very poor. ET is fine as we can give them a good fight at prime-time. SF is zerging all over the place. No fault of theirs, as the matchup system is rubish. Have to give them props for not spawn camping much too. So, bad matchup, but no fault of the other servers.

What is really looking fun is playing vs servers like BP in the near future. I am sure it will be fun as they try to keep 500 points and we ninja fully upgraded keeps and towers from under them. I am sure it will be fun for them babysitting monochrome BLs.

in WvW

Posted by: Bunnymancer.6901

Bunnymancer.6901

Problem currently, to me, is the size of the WvW.

Back in Warhammer Online there were guilds who would server hop and take their 20 something and just plow straight through the PvP fields to dominate each side fully, just to make a statement. They’d usually go to the lowest most crappiest servers which were being outdominated by the opposing team.

This isn’t as easy in GW2 as the Eternal Battlegrounds takes hours upon hours upon hours and your 20-30 tight knit team might just be overrun by a 50 man zerg and there’s nothing you can do about it.

What WOULD be excellent would be to have the Eternal Battlegrounds lead to the different server maps after conquering SM and then their keep, at which point they can go into their map and if that keep is taken, they’re given a buckload of points and the WvW resets, but the losing team is protected for X amount of time (meaning the winner has to focus on the other team if they want to score more points.

Reset and change servers after Y amount of points have been reached.

This is incentive for high-skilled guilds to actually form up and get involved. It’s even more incentive for them to server hop to the bottom tier just to push the server to T1 and then repeat.

Too much time makes those that group up not care too much as their efforts aren’t rewarded enough.

in WvW

Posted by: SafiMoyo.5130

SafiMoyo.5130

I still like the new server match up system.

I do wish that there was a solution to server stacking/transfers, but that problem is separate from this one.

Champion Hunter

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

3 months ago.

The variation in gem sales has been very high so they are keeping the point variation high.

in WvW

Posted by: Hinado.6291

Hinado.6291

Eu is a real mess this week…
While rank 2, 3 and 4 fight each other rank 1 is matched up versus rank 9 and 13…
Who thought that this is a valid matchup? Rank 1 versus 13?? Thats 12 ranks difference!

Or since only the points matter.. 326111 points difference! Rank 13 has 17% less points than rank 1 and they are matched up against each other?

Right now Rank 1 leads with 157226 points over the 66628 points of rank 13 and millenium.org says they will rise about 25k points with that result.. When they have only 42% of the points of the best server in the matchup? How hard do they have to lose to get into the negative? 20% of the winning server?

There has to be something wrong!

(edited by Hinado.6291)

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

same issue here, SBI vs IOJ vs NSP

IOJ has outnumbered buff in EB in prime times because the zergs from SBI are incredibly huge. And not only that, anet employes play on the server that is already hugely outnumberes other aka on SBI side.

SBI is t2 server and shouldn’t be facing IOJ right now. Worst match up i ever saw. And anet supporting that server is even bigger slap in the face.

This is just really absurd, we face like 70 ppl zergs in every single map and we have to defend it all with our small groups of 20-30 ppl. It feels like in some kind of 300 movie where little group of people keeps fighting huge army day and night and get spam emoted from enemies when that zerg rolls over.

SBi has 2 hours queue times for every wvw map and we have to fight it all with little numbers.

This is not fun by all means, just getting rolled over by groups that are many times bigger than yours. So people just abandon wvw.

Also, every time on this weekend we tried to attack keeps in SBI BL entire group would crash but SBI players wouldn’t. Apprently it is fine for us to attack NSP BL, our BL or even EB but getting keeps in SBI BL is not happening since entire group would crash instantly.

On top of it, SBI and NSP apprently work together now. They don’t attack each other, at some point NSP was sitting in our tower, SBI was sitting outside that tower and they didn’t attack each other, they all waited for us to kill us. SBi doesn’t take NSP points anymore, NSP doesn’t attack SBI neither, they just 2v1 IO right now.
Glad that devs decided to help SBI as well. Thanks bunch.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in WvW

Posted by: gwfanboy.2496

gwfanboy.2496

If you play on the winning side as a dev..why bother fixing the wvw balance?

Mike O’Brien better wise up and start shaking things up in face of declining customer base.

Necromancer, Devonas Rest Are My Harlots [PIMP]

(edited by gwfanboy.2496)