Stability changes - general

in WvW

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

Stability changes are bad. You cannot outrun anymore zergs. You ’’ ll die easily.
This game is purely becoming a game of numbers and not skills.
I miss gw2 first days

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Before the patch a good team could cut a even 2 times bigger zerg in pieces, but day 1 after the patch it s over.

5 times wipe because stability was gone in 0,5sek and after that -> r.i.p.

It was clearly said from the wvw – experts before the patch, that if the remove of stability is to easy, the whole wvw will change.

And here we go and it will getting much much more boring.

the opposite is happening, now people have to ajust, and maybe some will not stack and spread more to not eat the whole cc, there are so many option to avoid CC but with stability everyone ignores it, now they must pay attention and that cannot be boring.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Maybe we’ll see portal bombing make a return. Maybe zergs have to spread out more and fight across several fronts to avoid eating ALL the CC with the entire zerg.
Smaller groups can fight larger groups effectively with hit n run, no longer can the larger zerg simply charge straight at you with impunity, you can actually CC them.

This change is less then 48h old. Let’s see how it plays out and how players adept before we change everything back just to maintain the meta we’ve been having for about two years already.

in WvW

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

I’m wondering how some people functioned on the frontline before the change if the new stab is a deal breaker. Did you really just into the opposing train without worrying about evading damage and CC because of your stab? If so then the old stab needed to go because it encouraged bad habits.

Stab didn’t go anywhere, you actually have to be away of what’s going on around you now. Your shouldn’t be running blindingly into CCs in the first place. If anything you eat CC so your backline/damage can do its thing. Some peo0le act like it was their stab that was changed, not everyone’s.

The groups that adapt and don’t settle with this “pirate meta” (who the hell came up with that) are going to be ones who wipe the floor with zergs.

LOOOOOL man, 1. of all ppl were aware of ccs and dmg, but now u can’t even get into range of 1200 against blob cos u insta lose all ur stacks of stabil. It isn’t about watching the field, it is about cc number at the side and now who have more ccs he win, simple now? If u don’t trust me, go ahead and try it Ppl were complaining about blobs, now ALL that i see at maps are blobs( for example: yesterday we had our raid, dfs and commander with pugs( deso side), against gh+sfrj blob from fsp and pug blob from sfr, we couldn’t do anything cos of lack of stabil, the only startegy was to run around and range bomb, but then tons of ccs was throwed at us we could just kitten ourself with our 10 man mt). Ppl just quit playing in zergs cos why to do that? U just get insta killed by blobs So don’t give me kitten like “adapt”, u can’t adapt at all, unless u get Revenant with hundreds of stabil – probably that is why they made this change, to bump up Revenant’s worth and force ppl to buy expansion

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

Maybe we’ll see portal bombing make a return. Maybe zergs have to spread out more and fight across several fronts to avoid eating ALL the CC with the entire zerg.
Smaller groups can fight larger groups effectively with hit n run, no longer can the larger zerg simply charge straight at you with impunity, you can actually CC them.

This change is less then 48h old. Let’s see how it plays out and how players adept before we change everything back to maintain the meta we’ve been having for about two years already.

That is what zergs do lol, they run MT and Papers + Focus party. But what to do when whole MT is eaten by 30 mt from enemy with 3x more ccs and stabil stacks? U just have to stay and 8 till u die, cos u can’t escape when they rush u. After this patch guilds had at last 2 raids( like me) and u know what? U CAN’T HANDLE BLOB AT ALL. Zerg vs zerg is fine and nice, but atm almost all are blobing cos it is easier. But ofcourse anet do everything to stop ppl blobing

[One][SiOn][dF]

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

Before the patch a good team could cut a even 2 times bigger zerg in pieces, but day 1 after the patch it s over.

5 times wipe because stability was gone in 0,5sek and after that -> r.i.p.

It was clearly said from the wvw – experts before the patch, that if the remove of stability is to easy, the whole wvw will change.

And here we go and it will getting much much more boring.

the opposite is happening, now people have to ajust, and maybe some will not stack and spread more to not eat the whole cc, there are so many option to avoid CC but with stability everyone ignores it, now they must pay attention and that cannot be boring.

Ok lot of options, say me, how to avoid 50+ ccs spread everywhere and additional 30 that are send at mt? Just calculate, blob is 60+ they usually have 10 eles, 20 guards, 10 necros etc. etc. Guards can throw line of warding and with hammer put sanctuary. Eles throw statics while necros use fear and boons removal – anotehr thing to completly remove stabil Now try to think how 10 mt can handle it? It doesn;t matter where they go, they will get ccs anyway and while negaging they get tons of it. That is the point, U CAN’T HANDLE BLOB WITH ZERG ANYMORE. It is just game of numbers now, not a skill anymore.

[One][SiOn][dF]

in WvW

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

I feel like these stability changes were designed and meant for the Revenant with their aoe stab on dodge, to be with them and silly ANet decided to plop it out now.

And made it so that all other classes are useless for guild raids and we all need to give $$ and buy the expansion so that we can all be Revenants to have decent stability. Just wow.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in WvW

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The more I read, the more I think the new meta is “Bring some healers”. You’re gonna have to soak some damage to make decisive plays.

And possibly bring a few folks with accelerated rez speed. Somebody has to lightning rod the 10,000 CC skills that everyone assures me now rules the field

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in WvW

Posted by: root.2859

root.2859

@Nike
So i tried Eb yesterday, the pirateship was real, and it was dodge the range bomb with stab or dodge into a line w/o stab and be downed in 1s, dead in 3. GL with healing the few guys that get caught in the CC+range bomb and suck up the ranged burst of 50+ ppl

PS: the only real fun happened when we pushed with our melee after the opponents had many casualties and were a bit scattered. so we ‘boarded’ their ship^^

(edited by root.2859)

in WvW

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

There will be solution to beat zergs:
Knock Them down to death to make it impossible for them to react
Impossible today because you cannot come close to the zerg to land the current aoe KD as they are close range skills. (Yes there is static field and line of warding but it apply only on the line and thus makes it not possible to apply on a whole static zerg)
But in few months you will be able to:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Drop_the_Hammer
=>AOE KD
=>1200 range
=>radius 240…lol radius 240 (equivalent to traited symbol for guards)
=>15 sec cool down (don’t hesitate to abuse it)

Little difficulty with some control abuse on you ?
No problem:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Retribution_%28trait_line%29
=> dodging machine (endurance when struck)
=> stab on dodge
=> retal on dodge
and
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Inspiring_Reinforcement
=> 6 sec duration aoe stab pulse
=> 5 sec cool down
=> perma stab pulse ???

Want to engage without risk ? No problem:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phase_Smash
=> 1200 range
=> TP chill/damage and then come back
=> 8 sec CD

In top of that: 2 blast finishers on the same weapons 8 sec and 15 sec cd

Once ennemy front line KD….rush with unblockable attacks while negating ennemy range attacks:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vengeful_Hammers
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Field_of_the_Mists

Or if you prefer to keep safe at range:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Coalescence_of_Ruin (2 sec CD)

Note: cooldown of skills have also to take into account the energy management but if it is as well balanced as thief initiative it should not be a real issue.

The zerg detroyer profession will come soon…when it’s ready….keep fingers crossed

Reading it…I feel I deserve some retribution from Anet from so much advertising…but don’t be mistaken…I am 100% against brokenly OP classes…it ruins the game in the end.

(edited by Kicast.1459)

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

There will be solution to beat zergs:
Knock Them down to death to make it impossible for them to react
Impossible today because you cannot come close to the zerg to land the current aoe KD as they are close range skills. (Yes there is static field and line of warding but it apply only on the line and thus makes it not possible to apply on a whole static zerg)
But in few months you will be able to:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Drop_the_Hammer
=>AOE KD
=>1200 range
=>radius 240…lol radius 240 (equivalent to traited symbol for guards)
=>15 sec cool down (don’t hesitate to abuse it)

Little difficulty with some control abuse on you ?
No problem:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Retribution_%28trait_line%29
=> dodging machine (endurance when struck)
=> stab on dodge
=> retal on dodge
and
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Inspiring_Reinforcement
=> 6 sec duration aoe stab pulse
=> 5 sec cool down
=> perma stab pulse ???

Want to engage without risk ? No problem:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phase_Smash
=> 1200 range
=> TP chill/damage and then come back
=> 8 sec CD

In top of that: 2 blast finishers on the same weapons 8 sec and 15 sec cd

Once ennemy front line KD….rush with unblockable attacks while negating ennemy range attacks:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vengeful_Hammers
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Field_of_the_Mists

Or if you prefer to keep safe at range:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Coalescence_of_Ruin (2 sec CD)

Note: cooldown of skills have also to take into account the energy management but if it is as well balanced as thief initiative it should not be a real issue.

The zerg detroyer profession will come soon…when it’s ready….keep fingers crossed

Reading it…I feel I deserve some retribution from Anet from so much advertising…but don’t be mistaken…I am 100% against brokenly OP classes…it ruins the game in the end.

But some ppl like Sorel claim that this update isn’t made to make Revenant totally op and force us to buy expansion

[One][SiOn][dF]

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

But some ppl like Sorel claim that this update isn’t made to make Revenant totally op and force us to buy expansion

I do hope I’m right. The revenant certainly looks OP, but we don’t have enough elements to decide of that yet.

in WvW

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

Now that the traited Blink is fixed you could actually portal bomb in stealth through all those CCs (or just bait the portal) and run them through with veil. The coordination will be tricky, but good guilds should be able to pull it off.

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

I do hope I’m right. The revenant certainly looks OP, but we don’t have enough elements to decide of that yet.

We have more than enough, look at what this dude wrote

[One][SiOn][dF]

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

Now that the traited Blink is fixed you could actually portal bomb in stealth through all those CCs (or just bait the portal) and run them through with veil. The coordination will be tricky, but good guilds should be able to pull it off.

Ehhhh there is not problem against zergs, there is problem against blobs or even 10 more ppl in enemy group than u have. Also portal bomb would be nice, but imagine situation where enemy find out the portal and put whole bomb there like they used to do anytime they was it.

[One][SiOn][dF]

in WvW

Posted by: BrickFurious.7169

BrickFurious.7169

The revenant hasn’t been released yet. It isn’t even in a beta test yet. I guarantee a ton of those skills will change between now and HoT release. That’s why we don’t know enough to decide yet whether it is actually going to be OP.

in WvW

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

In future we will see an excessive use of shield generator to provide huge areas with pulsing stability and protection against projectiles.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Stability changes are bad. You cannot outrun anymore zergs. You ’’ ll die easily.
I miss gw2 first days

Game of numbers? Nah, it is a game of dishonest whinners in my opinon.

if your so SKILLED, why do you need stability as your crutch? I will tell you why. Because you were no where near as skilled as you claim to be. This so called “skill”, was nothing more then stacking of the most OP build on the most OP professions,

All of this “wah is me. The sky is falling because they took my OP crutch away” whinning takes away any hope you had of claiming “skill” to validate anything.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

The revenant hasn’t been released yet. It isn’t even in a beta test yet. I guarantee a ton of those skills will change between now and HoT release. That’s why we don’t know enough to decide yet whether it is actually going to be OP.

Well I don’t think they change much, since they want profits form expanion. More op class – more ppl buy expansion – simple strategy tbh. Also they don’t care about WvWers so they won’t change anything related to him that might influence WvW :P

[One][SiOn][dF]

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

I miss gw2 first days

if your so SKILLED, why do you need stability as your crutch? I will tell you why. Because you were no where near as skilled as you claim to be. This so called “skill”, was nothing more then stacking of the most OP build on the most OP professions,

All of this “wah is me. The sky is falling because they took my OP crutch away” whinning takes away any hope you had of claiming “skill” to validate anything.

LOL man, go play meele against blob, we will see how smart u are. U can;t do anything with this new stabil, cos u lose 5 stacks before getting close to 1200 range. Also stabil wasn;t such OP u had it for short time during clashes and this oculd be taken easly by necros etc. But ofcourse PAPERS wanted changes, so now everyone will play as rnage paper and we will see how funny it will be to bomb by range lol. This change didn’t affect zerg vs zerg much, but zerg vs blob is imposible now even for best guilds – as i saw at chemso TA was rushing and winning only cos of over huge numbers in mt that coudl cover stabil and ccs at enemy blob – not like they weren’t blobing with 37 ppl :P So kitten man and try it out, then comment, u probably don’t even play in mt so u don’t know a thing about it now. Also lol try to charge enemy without stabil U won’t even reach em That is why u needed stabillity, to get pass massive kitten of ccs from blobs. And yes now it is game of numbers, simple calculation: 60 ppl against 20, who win? Ofcourse 60, why? COs of 3x more stabil, 3x more ccs Earlier this didn;t matter u had to care about dmg and condi only, now u stay not only in immo but also in ccs

[One][SiOn][dF]

(edited by Kasteros.9847)

in WvW

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I miss gw2 first days

I think several people have pointed out, in reasoned tones, why they think this is a bad change for wvw. The counter argument appears to be “LOL L2P NOOB”. Which is at best non-substantive and at worse just trolling.

How about you go away, think about it, and come back with why you think the stability change makes WvW a better place.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in WvW

coglin.1867

I miss gw2 first days

I think several people have pointed out, in reasoned tones, why they think this is a bad change for wvw. The counter argument appears to be “LOL L2P NOOB”. Which is at best non-substantive and at worse just trolling.

How about you go away, think about it, and come back with why you think the stability change makes WvW a better place.

I already did my friend. Threw up my pin on my engineer last night for hours. Used some new tactics and thrived. Do not get angry at me because they removed your crutch and it crippled you, while some of us adjusted, thrived, and enjoyed it.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I miss gw2 first days

If you are right or not, I do think that Melee should be able to play melee. With so much CC in WvW you need that stability unless you want to be cc-ed to death. Perhaps the melee train was a bit too OP before? But right now I think they might be a bit too weak. WvW could use a little more tweaking imo.

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

I miss gw2 first days

I already did my friend. Threw up my pin on my engineer last night for hours. Used some new tactics and thrived. Do not get angry at me because they removed your crutch and it crippled you, while some of us adjusted, thrived, and enjoyed it.

Engineer? ENGINEER? AHAHAHAHAH get into meele man with standard worker warrior – hammer / sword+wh, and FGJ, SIO, BS and banner. Go ahead and we will see if u can survive LOL Also stand against at last 60 man blob with ur group It is easy to play paper now lol, the point is about heavy meele, since they need to hold enemy group. The only way now is to play pirate ship meta and all go range weapons Like we did yesterday, fight for 40 mins but we won afetr this and lost almost everything at eb due to blbo of otehr server U adjusted to same thing u did before patch – going around and bomb, or pick up all survi skills and spam 1 lol

[One][SiOn][dF]

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I miss gw2 first days

If you are right or not, I do think that Melee should be able to play melee. With so much CC in WvW you need that stability unless you want to be cc-ed to death. Perhaps the melee train was a bit too OP before? But right now I think they might be a bit too weak. WvW could use a little more tweaking imo.

I think there got to be a new point of view for stab use. A lot of ppl are still in the mind set that you use stab before you go into melee ranges. When we had the old stab it worked out this way but now you need to use stab after your stun. So you need to start thinking of stab ability as stun brakes with an after effect and not just as pure “can go though any thing.” So all stab with a stun brake ability have +1 charges on them if you use them right.

As things stand caster tend to have the worst stab and now there stab is even worst then before. What players need to start working on is ganks that run beside the main melee trans to jump on the back caster before they can even start to lay down cc. Kind of a paper rock scissors. Casters are paper melee are rock and gank is scissors.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Engineer? ENGINEER? AHAHAHAHAH get into meele man with standard worker warrior – hammer / sword+wh, and FGJ, SIO, BS and banner. Go ahead and we will see if u can survive LOL Also stand against at last 60 man blob with ur group It is easy to play paper now lol, the point is about heavy meele, since they need to hold enemy group. The only way now is to play pirate ship meta and all go range weapons Like we did yesterday, fight for 40 mins but we won afetr this and lost almost everything at eb due to blbo of otehr server U adjusted to same thing u did before patch – going around and bomb, or pick up all survi skills and spam 1 lol

Engineer is better in melee range, not that I would expect you to know that since you seem to only play guardian. He was smart about the patch and adapted his build and strat. You expected to still be carried by the build you picked on metabattle and would like us to acknowledge you “skill” on top of that. That’s not even a l2p issue at this point: that’s a natural selection issue.

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

Engineer is better in melee range, not that I would expect you to know that since you seem to only play guardian. He was smart about the patch and adapted his build and strat. You expected to still be carried by the build you picked on metabattle and would like us to acknowledge you “skill” on top of that. That’s not even a l2p issue at this point: that’s a natural selection issue.

I have been playing engi for 1,5 year And i know how much he can do, also actually i play warrior And Engi can;t do as much as wariror or guardian. He took engi, maybe let’s make him spare his MEELE build with us. Cos the only thing to work in meele without stab is most likely this build: tool kit + elixir S + Elixir S from traits some elixir to clear condi, google or oil and to that some survi elite skill like juggernaut, addictionaly in a place of oil he could take flamethrower with +200 T trait and give enemy burning that last 0,2 sec with melandru and food. THos are only survi skills, where are some supporting skills?Where is some dmg? Once again, engi can;t do a kitten in meele without getting himself insta killed and rallybot. If it would be about surviving in meele only then warrior woudl be best – 2x EP + DS + Berserker and Balance stances and utility – rampage. And maybe taht is how current meele shoudl play, pirate ship meta with papers killing enemy papers and meele running around like chicken without head, but the point is taht u can;t wipe blob with this strategy. Thsi isn’t about surviving, but about doing something. U can’t do a kitten while doging and tryint to not get killed Also not a single comm want to lead pugs now Why? Cos 1. he get over bored at fights, 2. not a single meele at him( maybe comm should be eles now?), 3. he can only sit and watch how numbers kill each others and stay in some cc cos of spam of it

[One][SiOn][dF]

in WvW

TooBz.3065

I miss gw2 first days

Lol. I’m not angry with you at all. But you still haven’t said why it’s a good change. Instead you basically said that you are awesome and I need to get over my crutch. Which may be true, but doesn’t explain why the change is good for more people.

in WvW

coglin.1867

I miss gw2 first days

Lol. I’m not angry with you at all. But you still haven’t said why it’s a good change. Instead you basically said that you are awesome and I need to get over my crutch. Which may be true, but doesn’t explain why the change is good for more people.

Actually, I ha e been very specific about it. You are simply obtusely ignoring it. As I said before. I felt it was an over powered crutch that allowed players to ignore entire utility skill sets of many professions. As well, every single profession has vast CC options. Every profession does not have vast access to stability. Personally, after my experience with the adjustments I made last night, I am baffled by some of the complaints here. Folks are crying because the keep repeating the same tactics and they are not working. I make adjustments with successful results and am attacked because I didn’t join in the pity party.

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Imo, Warrs got hit the hardest by the stab change. I run balanced stance, dolyak signet, and last stand which got me 24 seconds of stab before. Now, 5 seconds into a push I’m getting knocked around like a ping pong ball.

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: Palmski.6419

Palmski.6419

Imo, Warrs got hit the hardest by the stab change. I run balanced stance, dolyak signet, and last stand which got me 24 seconds of stab before. Now, 5 seconds into a push I’m getting knocked around like a ping pong ball.

You’re doing it wrong apparently, you want to ditch that melee stuff, it’s sooooo 2014. All warriors should be running longbow/rifle and pew pewing from the back with the rangers and eles. Adapt or die, it’s the only way.

[TaG] – GH

in WvW

Posted by: rainisword.7860

rainisword.7860

I just raided yesterday and the stab changes really arnt that bad. I had to pay attention to my stacks more and switch to dolyak signet but otherwise everything was okay. I did get cced a bit more than usual tho.

What these changes really do is punish people who arn’t organized. Because you need a stab rotation now more than ever. Pugs are not organized enough to do this because they are pugs and can run whatever party setup or class they want.

I think that since these changes have just been introduced, we havent’ seen the full power of them yet. I think it will actually favor organized groups more in the end. Just wait til sanctuary becomes meta again and thats 12 targetless CC’s just from your guardians alone between line of warding and sanctuary.

in WvW

TooBz.3065

I miss gw2 first days

Actually, I ha e been very specific about it. You are simply obtusely ignoring it. As I said before. I felt it was an over powered crutch that allowed players to ignore entire utility skill sets of many professions. As well, every single profession has vast CC options. Every profession does not have vast access to stability. Personally, after my experience with the adjustments I made last night, I am baffled by some of the complaints here. Folks are crying because the keep repeating the same tactics and they are not working. I make adjustments with successful results and am attacked because I didn’t join in the pity party.

Ok. That’s a reasonable answer. Sorry I missed it before. If you pinned up you probably bad the opportunity to make the determinations that led to success.

Now I will go away and thing about it, because while I agree that the ability to completely bypass a mechanic is not good, I also think that the zerg on zerg fights I’ve experienced definitely favored the large zerg over the smaller group much more than before the change.

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Which is a prime example of why stability was broken OP, you have all that, and then lets say you have two guards in your party with stand your ground every 24 secs, plus the stab on courage trait, and you have near permanent stability because boon stripping gets vastly outscaled in the transition from PvP to WvW by boon generation (and it isn’t in that good a place even in PvP) so is useless other than focusing the commander with corrupt boon.

Which resulted in what should be some of the stongest skills in a PvP format – hard CC on relatively long 40-50 sec cooldowns being utterly useless most of the time.

I’m undecided as to whether the change is too much, but some sort of a change was needed, the amount of stability uptime just made WvW even more faceroll.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

Posted by: root.2859

root.2859

Its rediculously easy now to catch ppl with guard ham#5+medi port as was suggested earlier in this thread, didnt test it in a huge blobVblob yet but its the death for any outnumbered zerg now as they seem to run TONS of ranged slackers now… and most of them dont seems to realize what happens to them before support AoE and GS#2 drop them insanely quick while they are knockbacked from trying to run out. Might test that in a pirateship scenario later, saving my a22 with wor and gs#3+elite. Maybe wor and running through our ranged bomb might already be enough. Im curious, but at least guard seems far from dead

And if CCing backline to death becomes part of the new ‘meta’ or whatever, we have ranged slackers QQing about stab nerf incoming XD

(edited by root.2859)

in WvW

Posted by: headraver.4862

headraver.4862

i play necromancer in wvw the only place i feel safe now is in open field having certain skills that grant me stability kinda sucks i almost feel im forced to use those skills now not only that but we was trying to defend a tower last night so not much room for movment and i just land up dying because i had no escape and was just perma interupted and could not get my heal off or any other skills for that matter i cant see why they had to make changes to stability when it worked perfectly well before :/

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

I miss gw2 first days

Did u adjust with meele? I bet u didn’t U just simply play same paper stuff like always, but this time u have ur cc succefully landed It wasn’t over power stuff, if u were skileld u could put it down for 5 players with necro – cb meta for example.

[One][SiOn][dF]

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

I just raided yesterday and the stab changes really arnt that bad. I had to pay attention to my stacks more and switch to dolyak signet but otherwise everything was okay. I did get cced a bit more than usual tho.

What these changes really do is punish people who arn’t organized. Because you need a stab rotation now more than ever. Pugs are not organized enough to do this because they are pugs and can run whatever party setup or class they want.

I think that since these changes have just been introduced, we havent’ seen the full power of them yet. I think it will actually favor organized groups more in the end. Just wait til sanctuary becomes meta again and thats 12 targetless CC’s just from your guardians alone between line of warding and sanctuary.

This also punish zergs against blobsPug comms aren’t tagging aswell cos u can;t co-operate stab with randoms.

[One][SiOn][dF]

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

Again to sum stuff up and miss wrong interpretation. PPL AREN’T QQING ABOUT ZERGS! FFS! Understand that! All are qqing about zergs vs larger groups. It is imposible to wipe em now…

[One][SiOn][dF]

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Patch is barely two days old. Maybe see how this pans out, see how people adjust and adept before we recoil in horror and make effort to reinstate the meta we’ve had for two years running.

Focus on the Arrowcarts and the new camera setting, and how they make defensive siege pretty useless. That is a far more serious issue that is not going to get any better.
Also, look at Retaliation first. A single spammable boon that is applied as a side-effect rather then deliberate intent should not hardcounter entire weaponsets or deter AoE so much. AoE is suppose to deter stacking, not the other way around.

If this CC spam is still a consistent issue that cannot be dealt with, the uncapped CC such as Line of Warding should be put through some scrutiny.

in WvW

coglin.1867

I miss gw2 first days

Did u adjust with meele? I bet u didn’t U just simply play same paper stuff like always, but this time u have ur cc succefully landed It wasn’t over power stuff, if u were skileld u could put it down for 5 players with necro – cb meta for example.

You make a lot of bad bets?
Anyway, your welcome to make all the incorrect assumptions that you like. I was other successful and enjoying myself. You should really learn to think outside the box.

in WvW

Posted by: Xernth.8561

Xernth.8561

I miss gw2 first days

Actually, you still haven’t said anything specific.

All you have said is you found a way to adjust that maintained or increased your effectiveness from pre-patch. Since you haven’t specified how you did so, you haven’t credibly answered the question.

I am happy for you that you have a solution, and honestly I don’t care if you divulge it or not. But you haven’t given any of the rest of us any reason to believe you until you add some specifics of value.

I agree that there are ways to adjust to the impact of these changes. My way is to play Staff Ele more, which already brought a very useful skill set to WvW. In my opinion, the stability changes have vastly increased the effectiveness of my Ele and I’ll probably play it more. This is an example of a specific adjustment which can be evaluated by the community.

Personally, I agree with Kodiak’s points. The healthiest situation would now be to put a stack counter on CC abilities. While this would lead to bad outcomes, like sending in tanky people to soak up cc, the flipside is GTAOE CC abilities are very, very strong now. A situation that probably isn’t ideal from a game design perspective; though since you play engineer I can understand why you are attracted to having CC be very powerful.

in WvW

coglin.1867

I do not need to say anything specific. Folks are being aggressive toward anyone that does not join them in complaining about the changes. I, nor anyone else owe them any for of explanation. Until they settle down and accept it, they are denying and arguing anytime someone tried to comment to aid them.

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

I do not need to say anything specific. Folks are being aggressive toward anyone that does not join them in complaining about the changes. I, nor anyone else owe them any for of explanation. Until they settle down and accept it, they are denying and arguing anytime someone tried to comment to aid them.

Besides saying L2P, how are you “aiding” them?
‘Cos saying L2P is not helping, it’s trolling.
Say how do you think they should change their tactics/builds so they’ll play better, say how you did it, not something vague like L2P.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: Typhus.3502

Typhus.3502

Ele/necro zerg time, maybe some mesmers for flank bombs.

[TW] Pumped

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

Honestly folks are pretty tame except for those that feed the trolls like yourself. I’m sure with your 1500 range you love the change and I can’t blame you but since I have every class maxed with gear I can see each side. Was stab OP before yes, it was too easily applied and very hard to remove adequately, but in the current setup CC is too easily applied and leads to Pirate ship standoff meta. I think some retooling of CC and stab are in order and quickly.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

What they should have done was move stability higher up in stripping/corrupting priority list. That would have been the perfect level of balance not this crap.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

Or the other thing, give more stacks / more skills with stabil – mobile skills, cos u can;t just stay get stabil and die in bomb ;P Also they should nerf ccs to less ppl – like static to max 5 or line of warding, and current ccs like earthshake to 3 for exmaple. This owuld balance, cos atm anet just gave this update, didn’t nerf any cc and bah here we go :P As i said they probably had at mind that Revenant have lot of stabs so they needed to make it like that, but forgot to give mroe stab to old classes / less targets for cc skills

[One][SiOn][dF]

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Or the other thing, give more stacks / more skills with stabil – mobile skills, cos u can;t just stay get stabil and die in bomb ;P Also they should nerf ccs to less ppl – like static to max 5 or line of warding, and current ccs like earthshake to 3 for exmaple. This owuld balance, cos atm anet just gave this update, didn’t nerf any cc and bah here we go :P As i said they probably had at mind that Revenant have lot of stabs so they needed to make it like that, but forgot to give mroe stab to old classes / less targets for cc skills

Kasteros. first of all. Please TRY to use something better then google translate. Every post you make has more smilies and worse grammar then the previous one.
Second of all, they did not think only of Revenant. When the expansion comes out, the old professions will get access to specializations. This will give them access to new traits, new utilities, new weapons etc… in short, expansion pack will add a total of 1 brand new class and 9 new optional classes. This means you get a massive variety, Revenant is not going to be the only one “profiting” from this change to stability, the other specializations surely will too.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

Kasteros. first of all. Please TRY to use something better then google translate. Every post you make has more smilies and worse grammar then the previous one.
Second of all, they did not think only of Revenant. When the expansion comes out, the old professions will get access to specializations. This will give them access to new traits, new utilities, new weapons etc… in short, expansion pack will add a total of 1 brand new class and 9 new optional classes. This means you get a massive variety, Revenant is not going to be the only one “profiting” from this change to stability, the other specializations surely will too.

Sorry I’m not native speaker of English, but anet don’t support my language so i need to use that As u pointed WHEN EXPANSION COMES OUT, what about current situation? Read it up again( even with my poor English u should understand). I wrote that atm u can’t do much with current traits and skills. Anet didn’t think it out and just changed stab withotu considering other things. And to 3. thing, as u admited anet is just forcing us to buy expanion in order to play with stabillity – but let’s not speak about it here Cos we should discuss stab changes in this topic. So to sum up( again) Anet gave us stab without any tests with players( they test it with 5 devs against 5 art designers or something like that ) and without any idea about situation. As i wrote, they should nerf cc skills aswell or buff stabillity charges and cds / give more stabil skils – skilsl that don’t requier u to stay in 1 place and get whole bomb.

[One][SiOn][dF]