WvW Season One Rewards Are Unacceptable

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Sure a WvW backpiece skin would have made a difference I guess…

Stop there.

No. What a trifle to make a whole thread about, to accuse the developers of not caring, to have some people (in not a few cases) rage quit over.

An exotic backpiece skin is merely a novelty, same as the Mini Dolyak is a novelty. Backpieces themselves are a dime a dozen. Let’s say you wanted a backpiece skin in particular, or some other sort of skin, and that wasn’t what you got. Well, the only specific reward I ever heard mentioned was the Mini, so I wasn’t disappointed when I got that and some other loot. It’s really a matter of personal preference. I like the monetary rewards because it means I can afford to gear up different characters with different armor sets so that I can try out different builds.

But you didn’t get what you wanted, so you stamped your feet and raged and poisoned your thoughts with PvE envy. If you look at the work that’s been done on WvW, however, you should realize that the team is actually starting to deliver things that the community needs. Not little shinies that would satisfy a PvE player, but real content. There was a long period of stagnation when the game came out, but now they’re listening. Listening with respect to things that actually matter, like commander tools and map design. They’ve introduced a whole new reward system to WvW, and just tested another one out. They’ve kept the combat interesting by continuing to balance the classes, introducing new armors and upgrade components. I’ve personally gained a lot of confidence in the way WvW is being handled now.

Like King Amadeus pointed out, and as I tried to point out, there’s a balance to be struck with rewards, and failing to maintain that has the potential (as we’ve already witnessed temporarily) to change the landscape of WvW for the worse. The last thing I want WvW to be is just another map where the zerg can farm mats and grind for skins.

We still have our own currency, and our own experience system, so new unique skins are always an option. I’ve heard new WvW skins requested in the past, so I don’t think this thread brings anything new to the table. But I am much happier that they allocate game development resources rather than artwork resources to WvW, as they are doing now.

That development and evolution is what I look forward to in this game, not some pittance like a backpiece skin.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

(edited by Bertrand.3057)

in WvW

Posted by: Adian.8756

Adian.8756

As evident in this thread, people ’grinded’ or ’worked’ for this loot-chest. They didn’t find it fun. They spend their valuable time completing mundane tasks in order to satisfy their need for virtual colors. How exactly is that spending their time in a valuable manner?

It *would have been* time spent in a valuable manner if the reward was right. It’s the basic principle behind the thing called *work* -- which not only applies to life sustenance but to any kind of non-instantly gratifying venture you can pursue in life.
How hard to understand is that?

You seem to have misunderstood my point. WvW shouldn’t be work. It should be fun. Not work - fun.

Look I get it. I get wanting to pimp out your character. To want to look good. But I just can’t get myself to waste my time being mad, bored, frustrated and alike, to eventually end up with pixels on a screen which hold no real value or meaning. My life is way too short for that, I’d much rather be happy as much as possible.

Is that your rhetoric when you with defeatism give up on acquiring that legendary? Or an ascended piece? Or even a cultural armor? Because you’d have to do "meaningless tasks" to get them?

Give up? I don’t want a legendary or an ascended piece. They are worth nothing to me. And if I ever decided I wanted something specific, I’d just play the game casually until I had the materials/gold needed. I’d never farm or grind for pixels - ever.
I do actually possess Infinite Light, but I never farmed to get it. I simply played the game on/off for about a year, while saving what little currency I earned, doing what I enjoyed.

Lyann Vail | 80 Mesmer
Aurora Glade [EU] | Leader of ‘The New Reality [NR]’
WvW Beast!

in WvW

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

As evident in this thread, people ‘grinded’ or ‘worked’ for this loot-chest. They didn’t find it fun. They spend their valuable time completing mundane tasks in order to satisfy their need for virtual colors. How exactly is that spending their time in a valuable manner?

It would have been time spent in a valuable manner if the reward was right. It’s the basic principle behind the thing called work — which not only applies to life sustenance but to any kind of non-instantly gratifying venture you can pursue in life.
How hard to understand is that?

You seem to have misunderstood my point. WvW shouldn’t be work. It should be fun. Not work – fun.

Look I get it. I get wanting to pimp out your character. To want to look good. But I just can’t get myself to waste my time being mad, bored, frustrated and alike, to eventually end up with pixels on a screen which hold no real value or meaning. My life is way too short for that, I’d much rather be happy as much as possible.

Is that your rhetoric when you with defeatism give up on acquiring that legendary? Or an ascended piece? Or even a cultural armor? Because you’d have to do “meaningless tasks” to get them?

Give up? I don’t want a legendary or an ascended piece. They are worth nothing to me. And if I ever decided I wanted something specific, I’d just play the game casually until I had the materials/gold needed. I’d never farm or grind for pixels – ever.
I do actually possess Infinite Light, but I never farmed to get it. I simply played the game on/off for about a year, while saving what little currency I earned, doing what I enjoyed.

Grinding is a matter of taste, in RL or Gaming world. Believe me when I tell you this is one of the least grindy MMMO’s I’ve ever played, so the “grind” in this game is pretty insignificant. But, honestly since you brought up RL, it is all about the individual. What you consider a grind, I may not. I can not slalom water ski, yet several of my buddies can bare foot, they think the grind to learn how to barefoot is worth it, I don’t.

This game really fits nicely with the non grinding mode in WvW because, while we have legendary and now Ascended weapons you don’t HAVE to have them. There have been games past where these type of weapons made a huge difference, one that you couldn’t avoid (jury is still out on someone fully decked out in Ascended/Legendary v. equally skilled in Exotic). You might not enjoy WvW when your group runs into a full Ascended, lesser skilled group that beats you anyway.

Then the grind may have more meaning for you.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in WvW

NargofWoV.4267

You know, this entire 10 pages and countless threads could have been totally avoided if Anet had told everyone a head of time what the award was going to be for the seasons division winners. Then told us what the award was going to be for the other realms that completed the META.

Anet, learn a lesson here, tell us what the rewards are going to be next time. Don’t pretend and hide them like it is some great secret when they come out and there nothing more than mundane.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Just waiting for a post like this…

You’re taking the presence of a chest that wasn’t there before pretty hard.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

You know, this entire 10 pages and countless threads could have been totally avoided if Anet had told everyone a head of time what the award was going to be for the seasons division winners. Then told us what the award was going to be for the other realms that completed the META.

Anet, learn a lesson here, tell us what the rewards are going to be next time. Don’t pretend and hide them like it is some great secret when they come out and there nothing more than mundane.

You mean like exactly what they did?
They told us that the winner would get a finisher.
They told us that everyone would get rewards based on how well their server place in the league.

And that is exactly what we got.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

NargofWoV.4267

Really, totally missed that in the patch notes.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

- rushing it if you’re not a usual WvWer. Why not. The 15 achievments needed could easily be done in a week, a few days if you really wanted it done asap.

This is simply not true. Or not for all servers anyway. I dare you to play against T1 servers and get this achievement done in in a few days. It won’t happen, plain and simple.

The rewards were indeed… bad.

And servers that fought against T1 servers in gold league got even WORSE rewards than servers that played against T 7 servers.

In my opinion, the main problem in WWW is that the décisions are taken too fst, without actually thinking things trough. You see that in alot of the décisions, they simply don’t analyse things, they have an idea, don’t talk it through and just go ahead with it.

The same with their latest décision, narrowing the range of servers you play against. That one wasn’t even communicated until 4 days AFTER it was IMPLEMENTED, lol.

It’s sad, really

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: Alvain.7364

Alvain.7364

So, it’s been a week, with no reply from Anet, guess they don’t care?

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Sure a WvW backpiece skin would have made a difference I guess…

Stop there.

No. What a trifle to make a whole thread about, to accuse the developers of not caring, to have some people (in not a few cases) rage quit over.

An exotic backpiece skin is merely a novelty, same as the Mini Dolyak is a novelty. Backpieces themselves are a dime a dozen. Let’s say you wanted a backpiece skin in particular, or some other sort of skin, and that wasn’t what you got. Well, the only specific reward I ever heard mentioned was the Mini, so I wasn’t disappointed when I got that and some other loot. It’s really a matter of personal preference. I like the monetary rewards because it means I can afford to gear up different characters with different armor sets so that I can try out different builds.

But you didn’t get what you wanted, so you stamped your feet and raged and poisoned your thoughts with PvE envy. If you look at the work that’s been done on WvW, however, you should realize that the team is actually starting to deliver things that the community needs. Not little shinies that would satisfy a PvE player, but real content. There was a long period of stagnation when the game came out, but now they’re listening. Listening with respect to things that actually matter, like commander tools and map design. They’ve introduced a whole new reward system to WvW, and just tested another one out. They’ve kept the combat interesting by continuing to balance the classes, introducing new armors and upgrade components. I’ve personally gained a lot of confidence in the way WvW is being handled now.

Like King Amadeus pointed out, and as I tried to point out, there’s a balance to be struck with rewards, and failing to maintain that has the potential (as we’ve already witnessed temporarily) to change the landscape of WvW for the worse. The last thing I want WvW to be is just another map where the zerg can farm mats and grind for skins.

We still have our own currency, and our own experience system, so new unique skins are always an option. I’ve heard new WvW skins requested in the past, so I don’t think this thread brings anything new to the table. But I am much happier that they allocate game development resources rather than artwork resources to WvW, as they are doing now.

That development and evolution is what I look forward to in this game, not some pittance like a backpiece skin.

Dude are you well? You argue as if Rigtheous and the others are suggesting some great revolutionary upheaveals to happen to WvW.
Can you reset your viewpoint for a second, please? We just wanted some better rewards than the greens/yellows and 100 dragonite + some trash we got for one greatly advertised chest many of us actively grinded for due to limited time available.
Now do you feel silly for your long angry post?

You seem to have misunderstood my point. WvW shouldn’t be work. It should be fun. Not work – fun.

No, you misunderstood the point I was making. You’re clearly below my level of conversational depth. Goodbye.

Give up? I don’t want a legendary or an ascended piece.
I’d
I
I’d
I do
I[…]

Alright.

in WvW

NargofWoV.4267

Wow, look at that, I got a back pack skin today for trying to go into Kessex Hills… Didn’t even know it was suppose to be a reward, did something for 15 min and got a unique backback skin…

Go figure.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in WvW

Posted by: Adian.8756

Adian.8756

No, you misunderstood the point I was making. You’re clearly below my level of conversational depth. Goodbye.

Oh dear. Well, you can’t argue with self righteousness, so I’m not going to bother trying.

Give up? I don’t want a legendary or an ascended piece.
I’d
I
I’d
I do
I[…]

Alright.

You asked me specifically, and yet, you’re apparently amused that I answered on my own behalf. Right. Gewd job.

Lyann Vail | 80 Mesmer
Aurora Glade [EU] | Leader of ‘The New Reality [NR]’
WvW Beast!

in WvW

Alvain.7364

Wow, look at that, I got a back pack skin today for trying to go into Kessex Hills… Didn’t even know it was suppose to be a reward, did something for 15 min and got a unique backback skin…

Go figure.

Very good point.

in WvW

Posted by: Invalid.8765

Invalid.8765

Anet could careless what your opinion about the WvW reward is. You should kneel and beg in their presence since they have made the best video game ever in the history of everything that has ever existed.

On another note, WvW reward is kitten kitty kat kit kitty kitten kat kat kat kat kat kat.

Invalid Password [EVOH]

in WvW

Posted by: Dafomen.7892

Dafomen.7892

Anet could careless what your opinion about the WvW reward is. You should kneel and beg in their presence since they have made the best video game ever in the history of everything that has ever existed.

On another note, WvW reward is kitten kitty kat kit kitty kitten kat kat kat kat kat kat.

+1
For ze win!
:)

This won’t end well…

in WvW

Posted by: Righteous.4307

Righteous.4307

Go figure.

Relevant post is relevant.

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander
http://mugw2.enjin.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

whats funny is that before the rewards were given, my friends and I always joked about how bad we expected the rewards to be, we would joke like “watch it be some greens to go with the mini”, and sure enough, it was some greens to go with the mini.

Obviously we weren’t expecting a mountain of gold or exotics, but at very very minimal some sort of unique cosmetic account bound item.

(edited by Sunreva.8714)

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I agree that the Season 1 meta reward wasn’t very valuable in terms of gold equivalent

However, the value was comparable to every other meta since launch (if anything, it offered more value than most, if not all the other metas).

• Season 1: Mini + Ascended crafting items + 5-10 items + (winners only) 250-use finisher.
  • Wintersday 2013: mini
  • Twilight Assault: backpack skin
  • Clockwork Chaos: infinite-use tonic
  • Queen’s Jubilee: mini
  • Nightmare is Over: tricolor key (something obtainable without the meta)
  • Fractured: ascended materials

Comparing the S1 meta reward with running AC, killing dragons, or doing fractals is apples to oranges.

• Each fractal run offers more in terms of value than the Fractured meta did.
  • Each daily that counted for the Queen’s Jubilee had more value than the meta reward.
  • Running AC three times is also worth more than any of the meta rewards I’ve listed above.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in WvW

Posted by: silkysoft.6749

silkysoft.6749

So, it’s been a week, with no reply from Anet, guess they don’t care?

Devon should do an ama on reddit. Chris Whiteside has the right idea interacting with the community.

in WvW

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

Maybe thread needs more bumps , still the rewards for WvW season 1 we’re abysmal and I hope next time around we get some better loot maybe ascended stuff atleast because it sure was a grind for little to no reward.

play hard , go pro.

in WvW

Posted by: Tyr.1965

Tyr.1965

This is the least rewarding MMO I’ve ever played, but then again Anet wanted GW2 to be the alternative MMO. Who wouldve ever thought that by “alternative” they meant never getting appropriately rewarded for your time invested. I wish it was just in WvW that I could complain about garbage rewards, but it’s just as bad in PvE.

Game play has to be both fun -and- rewarding. The reward is what you have to show for the fun you had. It’s not enough for it to be fun alone. People want something to show for their time invested. I’ve been playing this game for over a year and I don’t have anything to show for it.

They couldve given us special skins only obtainable from the Season 1 chest, distinguishing our characters forever as participants. But instead they went the route of “crappy chest filled with random junk”. It’s beyond disappointing and it’s killed any drive I had left to play this game.

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

If you look at the work that’s been done on WvW, however, you should realize that the team is actually starting to deliver things that the community needs. Not little shinies that would satisfy a PvE player, but real content. There was a long period of stagnation when the game came out, but now they’re listening. Listening with respect to things that actually matter, like commander tools and map design. They’ve introduced a whole new reward system to WvW, and just tested another one out. They’ve kept the combat interesting by continuing to balance the classes, introducing new armors and upgrade components. I’ve personally gained a lot of confidence in the way WvW is being handled now.

You seem to be the perfect person to ask this question, something I have wondered about for a long time. Is the purple kool-aid actually grape flavored, or is it something else and just purple in color?

in WvW

Posted by: Greek.4396

Greek.4396

I am still waiting for my permanent Dolyak finisher……..

Server – Blackgate | Rev Main
Main Guild – oPP/RIOT/yumy(Booty Bakery)
IGN- Greek Kenpachi | Champion Ritualist

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

This thread seems like a lot of hoopla for people who pretty much agree that a backpiece skin would have sufficed.

I agree with a backpiece skin, but do not, nor will I ever agree with boosting the rewards/loot in WvW.

Like myself and a few others suggested, it simply encourages the wrong people/mentality in WvW, and in doing so just turns WvW (which is the entire game to many of us) into a LS champ farm.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

You seem to be the perfect person to ask this question, something I have wondered about for a long time. Is the purple kool-aid actually grape flavored, or is it something else and just purple in color?

Check my post history, I’ve been very critical of some things the developers have done and directions that they’ve taken the game (e.g. the focus on siege abilities ).

I prefer discussing issues that actually shape WvW. This thread is just people complaining that they didn’t get the PvE-type rewards they expected. I wanted a fluffy pink elephant, but didn’t get one. Should I make a thread now?

Fixation on rewards is to be expected from a PvE player, but those kinds of rewards are trivial for people who focus WvW. When there’s still so much to improve in this game mode, how is this important? If it is important, can we discuss it in terms of how it will actually improve the game?

As Ill Conceived pointed out, if you compare the meta reward from this first season directly with individual living story meta reward, it’s really a matter of preference which rewards were better. Yet some people think one meta reward should make up for an entire year.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

(edited by Bertrand.3057)

in WvW

Jaxs.5830

Check my post history, I’ve been very critical of some things the developers have done and directions that they’ve taken the game

Most of what you are celebrating as achievements should have been in the game before it was released or has been implemented so poorly it shouldn’t be even considered on a list of successes.

1.5 years into the game and the only skins we can buy with our own currency can be bought for a few silver off the TP. So I fail to see where you can come to the position that ‘new unique skins are always an option’. When are those an option, year 5?

As Ill Conceived pointed out, if you compare the meta reward from this first season directly with individual living story meta reward, it’s really a matter of preference which rewards were better. Yet some people think one meta reward should make up for an entire year.

First of all, as many people have pointed out, most of the living stories can be completed in 1-2 days, not 3-4 weeks. So stop comparing season one to a living world story, they require different levels of effort and as such the rewards should be considerably different.

Also living world rewards are transparent. You open the panel and you can see what rewards you get for putting in the effort. Some living world events I do because I want the reward, some I do because it looks fun, some I just outright ignore because it fits neither of those criteria. That option did not exist for season one and it should have.

Personally the rewards were exactly what I expected them to be, a bunch of junk greens, because that is what ANET has been rewarding WvW since day one. While it is not surprising, I think as players we need to make a stink about it because if we do not then we are accepting junk greens as our reward forever.

The fact that ANET hasn’t even acknowledged the issue, as far as I have seen, speaks volumes.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

I am still waiting for my permanent Dolyak finisher……..

You mean the one that we were never told we would get?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

First of all, as many people have pointed out, most of the living stories can be completed in 1-2 days, not 3-4 weeks. So stop comparing season one to a living world story, they require different levels of effort and as such the rewards should be considerably different.

Funny, I saw people with the title for the meta just a day or two after start of season 1.
I suppose those people somehow managed to hack the game and give themselves that title then, since it was apparently not possible to complete it faster than 3-4 weeks.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

Actualy rewards were good .
Not sure what others espected, specialy players that payed 1800 gems to transfer to “winning servers”.
Durring the league i personaly made 30-60 gold /day only in wvwvw, and is not happening anymore. So the reward was gr8.

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Jaxs.5830

Funny, I saw people with the title for the meta just a day or two after start of season 1.
I suppose those people somehow managed to hack the game and give themselves that title then, since it was apparently not possible to complete it faster than 3-4 weeks.

Yes and I am sure there were folks that had many of the living story events done in an hour or two. Not talking about people that set aside fun and purpose to complete them fast, talking about general play normal progress.

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

actualy:
Wvwvw kills completed -45 minutes – sm capture -2 hours – 10 keeps 4 hours latter , Jp’s were 15 minutes. The long ones were ruin capture and sentry capture on wvwvw wich took few hours. Many players finished achivements in 3’rd day

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Yeah I did 12/15 of them on my alt account in 1 day, it was a bit of a grind but if people were motivated they were fairly easily done in 1 day, 3 days would have been plenty to “comfortably” get them done.

And this is all on a Bronze league server, I am fairly certain it would be a bit easier in most situations on higher tiers.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

actualy:
Wvwvw kills completed -45 minutes – sm capture -2 hours – 10 keeps 4 hours latter , Jp’s were 15 minutes. The long ones were ruin capture and sentry capture on wvwvw wich took few hours. Many players finished achivements in 3’rd day

If you’re in a low population tier during off-hours and do things like maintain the borderland, things go a lot slower.

There’s a lot of different (and equally correct) ways to play WvW.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I’ll still be rocking the mini dolyak until I get that mini hobo thing if I’m lucky.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Righteous.4307

Yes and I am sure there were folks that had many of the living story events done in an hour or two. Not talking about people that set aside fun and purpose to complete them fast, talking about general play normal progress.

Exactly. I was going to be playing WvW almost exclusively anyway. It is really about the implications that the inadequate rewards will have on the long term health of WvW in the off season as well as what happens when Season 2 rolls around.

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in WvW

Posted by: bob.8632

bob.8632

I would much appreciate some kind of unique skins or finishers for WvW progression, indeed.

At the end of the day though I think WvW’s best reward is that it’s fun and you get to make friends on your server and other servers and if you’re good, you might even win someone’s respect.

This argument is invalid. There is no reason that we cant have everything that you listed AS WELL AS worthwhile/unique rewards.

YOUR argument is invalid as what may be “worthwhile” to you may not be to the next person.

With all due respect (guess how much), this whole thread stinks of PVDoor/grinders that fretted/worried/obsessed over Achievements and/or PPT for 7 weeks and are now “sore” about the reward, and instead of out and out foot stomping tantrums you are trying to mask it by saying things like “unique” and “worthwhile”….

At the end of the day, “the overwhelming majority” will OFC agree with your sentiment, because they are full of kids that want everything the easy way. In people’s mind they think they argue for a “unique” item, then ANET will come in and go overboard with S2 rewards….

It is an absolute joke, the worst kind of joke…..Who plays WvW for loot/skins anyway????

Most of the serious players have less than 10% map completion (most of that being in Orr for karma temples), couldn’t tell ya where a world boss spawns, and have crappy looking WvW skins….Do you know why? Because none of this kind of QQ matters to us.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I would much appreciate some kind of unique skins or finishers for WvW progression, indeed.

At the end of the day though I think WvW’s best reward is that it’s fun and you get to make friends on your server and other servers and if you’re good, you might even win someone’s respect.

This argument is invalid. There is no reason that we cant have everything that you listed AS WELL AS worthwhile/unique rewards.

YOUR argument is invalid as what may be “worthwhile” to you may not be to the next person.

With all due respect (guess how much), this whole thread stinks of PVDoor/grinders that fretted/worried/obsessed over Achievements and/or PPT for 7 weeks and are now “sore” about the reward, and instead of out and out foot stomping tantrums you are trying to mask it by saying things like “unique” and “worthwhile”….

At the end of the day, “the overwhelming majority” will OFC agree with your sentiment, because they are full of kids that want everything the easy way. In people’s mind they think they argue for a “unique” item, then ANET will come in and go overboard with S2 rewards….

It is an absolute joke, the worst kind of joke…..Who plays WvW for loot/skins anyway????

Most of the serious players have less than 10% map completion (most of that being in Orr for karma temples), couldn’t tell ya where a world boss spawns, and have crappy looking WvW skins….Do you know why? Because none of this kind of QQ matters to us.

As much as you hate other people generalizing, you should probably stop doing so yourself.

I spend 90% of my time doing the non-zerg, non-reward stuff on map. I play (or used to) 10-14 hour days, seven days a week since November. I have skipped all the living story content since February pretty much to WvW. I consider myself a pretty hardcore/serious WvW player.

Was I let down by the quality of the rewards based on the time put into the effort? Yep. And I’m not typically motivated by rewards … but these felt like little thought was put in to reflect the amount of effort expended. That’s what bothers me the most: The rewards were throw away. I would have even been cool with only the top three finishers of each tier getting something unique — bragging rights (and it would have not included my server) — but we didn’t even get that.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Righteous.4307

As much as you hate other people generalizing, you should probably stop doing so yourself.

I spend 90% of my time doing the non-zerg, non-reward stuff on map. I play (or used to) 10-14 hour days, seven days a week since November. I have skipped all the living story content since February pretty much to WvW. I consider myself a pretty hardcore/serious WvW player.

Was I let down by the quality of the rewards based on the time put into the effort? Yep. And I’m not typically motivated by rewards … but these felt like little thought was put in to reflect the amount of effort expended. That’s what bothers me the most: The rewards were throw away. I would have even been cool with only the top three finishers of each tier getting something unique — bragging rights (and it would have not included my server) — but we didn’t even get that.

Quoted for truth. Sadly I don’t think that we will even see a response. Despite the ~19,000 views and ~500 replies.

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in WvW

Righteous.4307

Since ArenaNet has stated that they are back in the office… Ill go ahead and necro this.

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Since ArenaNet has stated that they are back in the office… Ill go ahead and necro this.

I support this necro. A response would be nice on why so many wasted their time Anet.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in WvW

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

I did not go through the entire thread, but asking for a set of Ascended Armor is kitten.

Ascended Armor is something you get after grinding your kitten dry to 500 Armorsmith or Tailer or what not and farming like crazy.

I am okay for unique skins, that would be awesome, but any rewards should not be a direct stat boost that would normally be grinded for elsewhere like Ascended Armor.

IMO , if Anet wants to incentivize WvW, they need to put daily reward chests with gold rewards. WvW is the one game mode where you need to spend a ton of resources and time, and you get no gold for it. I spend more gold going into WvW than coming out of it, what with buying Siege Plans.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I agree that asking for ascended stuff is stupid, but asking for a unique skin isn’t.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Arnon.1563

Arnon.1563

I don’t recall any having to do this. People did it on pure speculation and got mad when they were wrong.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

I wouldn’t hold your breath on a response. Interestingly, this thread was posted on the most recent day Devon has posted a comment on the forums – 28 days ago.

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

This horse looks to be dead.

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Wow people were actually expecting to receive something good?
Just play for the battle, not for ppt or rewards, just the battle.
Battle is the only thing you should be concerned about, cuz its the only thing worth doing in wvw.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: intwoit.7629

intwoit.7629

I have to say out of all the games I have played… the reward was Very poorly thought out…. some players put in many many hours and put in alot of gold (Seige) to win.

Secondly it would be nice to see a in game dev to babysit the idiots who think its funny to waste ppls gold and drop omega golems off cliffs and use up all your supply on useless seige and seige capping you at the same time. This is just a huge waste of peoples time and money. There is no report choice for stupid players that abuse the system maybe once you get a large amount of complaints you could IP ban these players for a week to stop this issue if you can’t fix these issues.

Possible choices for everyone participating

~ a character slot (this might generate more gem purchases… even if only 1/4 of the players bought something it would still make you extra cash)

~ a vendor where players could choose an kitten piece of gear /armour of their choice (some kind of token system)

~ a vendor where you could choose a specific look for your weapon or gear (again a token system)

~ gems awarded so players could purchase an item at the shop this might promote sales also

I am sure there are numerous awards you could give out these are just a few ideas but
in order to keep wvw fun / worthwhile playing you need to dangle a carrot here and there to make it a bit more exciting. This is a great game but everyone likes to receive a worthwhile reward for their efforts.

(edited by intwoit.7629)

in WvW

Righteous.4307

I have to say out of all the games I have played… the reward was Very poorly thought out…. some players put in many many hours and put in alot of gold (Seige) to win.

Secondly it would be nice to see a in game dev to babysit the idiots who think its funny to waste ppls gold and drop omega golems off cliffs and use up all your supply on useless seige and seige capping you at the same time. This is just a huge waste of peoples time and money. There is no report choice for stupid players that abuse the system maybe once you get a large amount of complaints you could IP ban these players for a week to stop this issue if you can’t fix these issues.

~ a character slot (this might generate more gem purchases… even if only 1/4 of the players bought something it would still make you extra cash)

~ a vendor where players could choose an kitten piece of gear /armour of their choice (some kind of token system)

~ a vendor where you could choose a specific look for your weapon or gear (again a token system)

~ gems awarded so players could purchase an item at the shop this might promote sales also

I am sure there are numerous awards you could give out these are just a few ideas but
in order to keep wvw fun / worthwhile playing you need to dangle a carrot here and there to make it a bit more exciting. This is a great game but everyone likes to receive a worthwhile reward for their efforts.

Very good points all around.

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander

in WvW

Alvain.7364

Hey, at least they can perhaps create a zone in for example Lion’s Arch only accessible by “Veterans of the mist” (or whatever that title was). I want my tp and bank to be close to each other, and should at least bring some more “glory” to the wvw’ers.

in WvW

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

inb4 we’ll get swarmed with PvE player posts demanding some gem shop rewards too, just because “now a backpiece won’t cut it and I want the same rewards as people do in WvW” (if they do end up giving this things as a reward I’ll be one happy dolyak).

Soon we’ll get Legendaries in PvP just by winning a match, yay equality!!.

Could be interesting but would depend on the looks (a new look or one of the existing ones?), also didn’t we got some gear with the reward chest? (got an exotic and an awful bunch of greens tho, not sure why they didn’t gave rares instead).

btw I thought leagues ended months ago, oh shoot don’t tell me I went back in time again >.>

tip from the future: we will receive a mini stonemist castle and a guaranteed back piece for the first server, better start bandwagonning!

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice