Why isn't there any "Idea" Posts?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

All I see is doom and gloom, no ideas to actually make the class better. Just a lot of elementalist going to other forums and asking others to be toned down dramatically, not wanting to change your ways at all.

I see almost no cool ideas at all without asking for too much or making the class even more complicated, I would love to see new ideas with risks and such.

Make one attunement better, lock out the use of two attunements. I think traits like this would make the elementalist more easy to play and fun.

Right now it feels like Elems want all there skills buffed, but don’t realize that you have to have a double edged axe for your skills. If you buff fire you should be blocked out of using water. You have to have traits like this to balance yourself to other classes.

All I really read now is Doom/Gloom and Why is X class better then me. Well right now your pretty much a red mage, you shouldn’t be good at everything if you have everything. Make traits that improve but give up attunements and you would be golden!

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Elementalist

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

There are tons of idea posts, and they are all ignored… hence the doom and gloom. I don’t understand the confusion.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Adastra.9821

Adastra.9821

Think about how many balance fixes for any class have appeared to be based on community feedback.

Now think about how many balance fixes have been the complete opposite of what the community asked for.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Because this subforum is toxic and unless you cry with the rest for ele and spread the doom you arent invited ..lol :P
Seriously though people post suggestions all the time although sometimes are without any common sense..like focus 5 in fire opening a black hole ,which in the target area, 1shottes everything around it (max 5 targets .,gotta tone down aoe ) -5 sec cd

in Elementalist

Daecollo.9578

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azunai.5974

Azunai.5974

I understand the drive to make threads about improvements to elementalists but please stop pushing your personal agenda.

There are elementalists like me that prefer playing with all four attunements.

Please stop coming up with asinine ideas that benefit only a minority and shafts the rest. Aim for balance ideas that promote build diversity and strengthened theme/performance.

Resident deaf elementalist – Tarnished Coast
Everyone needs a little optimism!

in Elementalist

Daecollo.9578

I understand the drive to make threads about improvements to elementalists but please stop pushing your personal agenda.

Please stop coming up with asinine ideas that benefit only a minority and shafts the rest. Aim for balance ideas that promote build diversity and strengthened theme/performance.

That is what i’m trying to do, but ideas that improve all four attunements with no drawbacks are not something to be really taken into account with, because that means players like you who are very elite get so strong nothing can stop them, because your able to be in all four attunements and be good.

The average player becomes super weak, because they can’t micromanage like that, which is why making traits that lock out attunements but impowers one is a good idea.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

There are tons of idea posts, and they are all ignored… hence the doom and gloom.

Yeah I think that’s pretty much the reason. I have never seen a DEV responding in such an “idea-thread”.

But why don’t you start one on your own – everybody can post their ideas in it and you gather them in your starting-posts.

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

in Elementalist

Azunai.5974

That is what i’m trying to do, but ideas that improve all four attunements with no drawbacks are not something to be really taken into account with, because that means players like you who are very elite get so strong nothing can stop them, because your able to be in all four attunements and be good.

The average player becomes super weak, because they can’t micromanage like that, which is why making traits that lock out attunements but impowers one is a good idea.

But has it occurred to you that we CAN have buffs to promote balanced builds AND be balanced?

Jack of all trades, master of none, that’s what I want.

It’s entirely possible to come up with ideas to promote specialization into an attunement or two. It just takes critical thinking and imagination. Which is, sadly, lacking at the moment for Anet despite the best efforts of dedicated elementalists.

I mean, look at engineers. They can adopt the same role by taking on three kits. Are they overpowered? No. Is anybody crying about them? No. They are proof that balanced playstyles can work and will work with the right minds.

Meanwhile, elementalists like YOU can have YOUR playstyle worked on and made viable. Just don’t have OUR playstyle touched.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axelifus.3269

Axelifus.3269

Why even discuss the class if you can’t grasp the basic attunement mechanic?
It’s what makes and breaks it, but that doesn’t mean scrapping THE VERY CORE of the profession will be productive, if anything, it would only repel people who actually enjoy its “complexity”, if you will.

in Elementalist

Azunai.5974

^Above post sums up my nonsensical rambling perfectly.

Also, OP’s post is offensive in that he assumes that he is the only one (or of a tiny, oh so special few) asking for buffs.

I mean, read the fricking front page. 50/50 intelligent posting and whine.

There’s still a LOT of elementalists standing up for elemental buffs and NO, not all of us are 100% whine.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

maybe look instead:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Attunement-and-Traits-Revamp-idea/first#post2825766

on the first page mate

and sadly most people ain’t capable of actually reading a longer idea, understanding it and thinking about it and then replaying. people in general are 2seconds thoughts, unless they can read and make fast reply’s they aint gonna bother with it soo yer.. same as you just did

in Elementalist

Posted by: ARM.3912

ARM.3912

How can they improve elementalist when all they read is DOOM/GLOOM?

The question that makes more sense to me is:

How can they NOT improve the elementalist when all they read is DOOM/GLOOM?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Make one attunement better, lock out the use of two attunements. I think traits like this would make the elementalist more easy to play and fun.

Right now it feels like Elems want all there skills buffed, but don’t realize that you have to have a double edged axe for your skills. If you buff fire you should be blocked out of using water. You have to have traits like this to balance yourself to other classes.

Um, what? You really want the entire attunement system scrapped just so you can play one or two elements? The profession’s whole skill/trait library is “balanced” around using all four. Those of us who put significant thought into our perspective on the current state of eles do not want every single skill we have to be buffed, which I would hope you noticed by now if you spent any significant time here. However, coming from somebody who thinks poison doesn’t hard counter Troll Unguent, I don’t know what to think about your opinion on eles.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

All I see is doom and gloom, no ideas to actually make the class better. Just a lot of elementalist going to other forums and asking others to be toned down dramatically, not wanting to change your ways at all.

I see almost no cool ideas at all without asking for too much or making the class even more complicated, I would love to see new ideas with risks and such.

All I really read now is Doom/Gloom and Why is X class better then me. Well right now your pretty much a red mage, you shouldn’t be good at everything if you have everything. Make traits that improve but give up attunements and you would be golden!

This is how things work.

Users lie. Users come up with bad ideas that they think are great ideas. Users often times don’t know what’s really good for them.

Everything they want to know about what their users are doing is recorded and tracked. How many times was each Elementalist skill slotted? How many times was it used? What weapons sets are being used? How often are we dying? How often are each of these things used out of combat? In combat? It’s a world of metrics and everything you do or don’t do contributes to those metrics. Metrics are very real and do not lie. They also provide a good solid basis of what they might consider problems and sometimes provide clear lines to solve them.

All the whining on these forums is a colossal waste of time. Long diatribes on how XYZ are why the Elementalist is bad when they can look at the numbers and see XYZ isn’t a problem accomplishes nothing. You don’t have the data to back up your complaints and they do.

All the idea posts on these forums are a colossal waste of time. All the hours spent writing novels about how you figured out the best way to fix Conjures and if they did it they would be the best thing ever is 100% wasted. The only thing they are going to look at when making changes is what skills are being used and what aren’t being used and make their own decisions on how to improve the things not being used.

This isn’t doom and gloom. It’s just the facts.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

Read in a condescending voice: "Its cute you think any thing in the class forum matters to the devs. "
But really, it doesnt.

And yes Leuca, I would love for the attunement system to be scrapped so I can focus on using lighting attacks as my main damage instead of having to always use fire. I hate fire spells, so kitten generic.
I find the majority of the weapon skills to be fluff. Each weapon set only has 3-4 good skills among the 20 it has access to. Often requiring me to cast 3 spells to do what 1 on other class would do. Air and water really got the short straw when it comes to usefulness be it damage or support.

All imo, of course. =þ

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axelifus.3269

Axelifus.3269

Kodiak’s post is actually refreshing, and should remind you that eventually every such discussion devolves to aesthetics as XelNigma demonstrated.

I still believe that even suggesting a drastic core change involving attunement scrapping is borderline idiotic and begs for a “LoL scrub war forum that way —-→”.

But hey, feel free to drone on about it, not like it will have any impact.

in Elementalist

Azunai.5974

Read in a condescending voice: "Its cute you think any thing in the class forum matters to the devs. "
But really, it doesnt.

And yes Leuca, I would love for the attunement system to be scrapped so I can focus on using lighting attacks as my main damage instead of having to always use fire. I hate fire spells, so kitten generic.
I find the majority of the weapon skills to be fluff. Each weapon set only has 3-4 good skills among the 20 it has access to. Often requiring me to cast 3 spells to do what 1 on other class would do. Air and water really got the short straw when it comes to usefulness be it damage or support.

All imo, of course. =þ

I read all of this in a 10 year old’s voice and it fit so well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: elithrar.7143

elithrar.7143

If “idea posts” are the tens (hundreds, if you include other class forums) of DOA ideas that Daecollo posts on a monthly basis, then I don’t want them.

Otherwise, there are certainly some solid idea posts (e.g. the Focus thread on the first page).

[TKG] Mollify

in Elementalist

Azunai.5974

If “idea posts” are the tens (hundreds, if you include other class forums) of DOA ideas that Daecollo posts on a monthly basis, then I don’t want them.

Otherwise, there are certainly some solid idea posts (e.g. the Focus thread on the first page).

G-give the rifle thread a read if you havn’t yet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: elithrar.7143

elithrar.7143

I’ve read it, and believe it to be orthogonal to what the class needs. Our existing mechanics and weapons are mostly fine. We need some sensible fixes; we don’t need to spread ourselves thin with a weapon that doesn’t fit the class thematically (I’d rather MH sword in that case).

[TKG] Mollify

in Elementalist

Erebus.7568

I’ve read it, and believe it to be orthogonal to what the class needs. Our existing mechanics and weapons are mostly fine. We need some sensible fixes; we don’t need to spread ourselves thin with a weapon that doesn’t fit the class thematically (I’d rather MH sword in that case).

orthogonal ?? othogonal is normally a geometric term so makes little sense in this context. assume you mean something else.

as mentioned once before in this thread. there is actually quite a few good suggestions, both on weapon changes, traits changes even full revamps. just go search for them and comment on them to keep those threads alive.

in Elementalist

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

There is alot of these “Idea” threads around on the elementalist forum, and many keep popping up.

“All I see is doom and gloom”

The reason you see “Doom & Gloom” is because people have given up on suggesting their ideas due to very little Developer Interaction & Developer Feedback/Discussion.

Developer Interaction/Feedback/Discussion plays a critical role in idea threads as it promotes others to post ideas/concepts as well as giving the developers ideas to play around with, It also plays a critical role as for keeping morale high.

however, having none to very little interaction depletes morale thus causing QQ threads/whine threads and all of the doom and gloom posts and in turn no ideas will be posted leaving the developers empty handed and all out of ideas themselves > this then leaves the player feeling “lost” and “left out” causing them to QQ and go other sections asking for things etc.
this is the main cause of certain areas being full of low morale.

-I have many concepts for the elementalist, but don’t post them as I see no developer interaction.

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zeon.8239

Zeon.8239

orthogonal ?? othogonal is normally a geometric term so makes little sense in this context. assume you mean something else.

as mentioned once before in this thread. there is actually quite a few good suggestions, both on weapon changes, traits changes even full revamps. just go search for them and comment on them to keep those threads alive.

Just because it’s normally a geometric term doesn’t mean that it’s always and only a geometric term.

If you know what the definition means in reference to geometry, then it’s a rather simple task to infer what he meant in the context of his post.

/derail

#ELEtism

in Elementalist

Erebus.7568

There is alot of these “Idea” threads around on the elementalist forum, and many keep popping up.

“All I see is doom and gloom”

The reason you see “Doom & Gloom” is because people have given up on suggesting their ideas due to very little Developer Interaction & Developer Feedback/Discussion.

Developer Interaction/Feedback/Discussion plays a critical role in idea threads as it promotes others to post ideas/concepts as well as giving the developers ideas to play around with, It also plays a critical role as for keeping morale high.

however, having none to very little interaction depletes morale thus causing QQ threads/whine threads and all of the doom and gloom posts and in turn no ideas will be posted leaving the developers empty handed and all out of ideas themselves > this then leaves the player feeling “lost” and “left out” causing them to QQ and go other sections asking for things etc.

-I have many concepts for the elementalist, but don’t post them as I see no developer interaction.

this is soo true
think i got around 15 pages of well thoughtout idea’s and feedback from just the first months of my gametime… then properly 20 or so the next to months and then it went down to 0 becouse of the zero interaction from the developers..

using our time on making well thoughtout idea’s isnt easy and takes energy, time and some commitment and research. doing all that numerious times to get absolutely no responds from the staff, not even the “we seen it and ty for your efford”, makes us feel very unappriciated and goes to tell us that our idea’s are not wanted.

this is then strengthening by the patches which time and time again seem to completely ignore what the community is saying. staff is a perfect example, from the very beta the main complaint about the staff have been the cst and delay of the dmg making it rediculess easy to dodge and to this day nothing have been done.. the same with general concerns. the survivability of the ele the very low base stats have been the constant concern of the community and yet nothing have happened on this front..

when devs completely ignore good and constructive feedback, then people stop using the time and effort to make it and do the minimum of yelling about the stuff which is still broken.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sharpe.1485

Sharpe.1485

All I see is doom and gloom, no ideas to actually make the class better.

You must not have been an ele since release, because since then this forum has had a huge ammount of sugested fixes, ideas, debates, constructive complaints about very real issues, and just general talk about the poor state of the ele and what could be done to improve it.
It’s been a year and not one thing has been commented on by devs or EVEN acknowledged as a problem.
Most folks just said “**** it, I’m going home”.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

The developers do not require us to have ideas and any assumption on your (or anyone else’s) part that we are required in any way, shape, or form is largely delusional.

They don’t interact because no good will come out of it. None of our ideas are required. All they can do is alienate people by telling them their ideas won’t happen or make “promises” (IE: Ideas they say might happen but players will take as definitely 100% going to happen) that they are now beholden to fulfill or again alienate people.

All they require of you is to buy the game (check) and spend money on gems or buy gems with gold fueling high gem prices to incentive others to spend money on gems.

Again nothing bitter, cynical or personal these are just the facts of the matter.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Because the moderators move them to the suggestions forum…?

I’ve had several suggestion threads moved myself.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Because the moderators move them to the suggestions forum…?

I’ve had several suggestion threads moved myself.

Bugger.. I was gonna suggest this as well. If one dev sees a good idea or something that would befit a logical suggestion they’d have it moved to the suggestion forum, where it would possibly be glazed over once, forgotten about and lost in the history of the suggestions forum.

If ANet didn’t think of it, then it’s crap. No ideas are good ideas. :P

clink

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hanako.1827

Hanako.1827

Maybe because we posted our main concerns constantly and nothing got done about it, so we make the elementalist forums miserable by constantly flooding it with the “kitten anet” titles to get them to read.

The main concerns of ele is.

-Need 30 in to arcane because of evasive arcana being too high and element attunement swapping times being too punishing.

-Need 15 in water to get the heal and to have some decent healing.

-Too many “burns you when this” and not enough good features in fire traits and gameplay in PvP being far too punishing for putting even 10 into fire. The damage increase is barely noticeable.

-Terrible signets with terrible actives and passives and flat out class specefic healing spells.

-The worst auto-attacks of any class period.

-Health pool goes beyond the term “too low”. Even if you go heavy into water.

-Too many buggy spells, RtL being on too high a CD and should not only go faster but actually hit a target that runs away from you, fire grab having the worst hit box of any spell, Arc lightning build up damage takes too long, Dragons tooth taking too long to land for what its worth. Etc.

in Elementalist

Azunai.5974

Like how daggers fit the profession?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Sigh…. Athames are ritualistic “tool” used by magic users, it’s the most legit weapon an Elementalist could possibly use, they don’t go around stabbing people with it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

in Elementalist

Azunai.5974

Sigh…. Athames are ritualistic “tool” used by magic users, it’s the most legit weapon an Elementalist could possibly use, they don’t go around stabbing people with it.

Okay okay, point taken. :p I wrote that before raging on my own thread.

Interesting connection, though, pagan rituals and tools.