Necromancer bugs compilation. (discontinued)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arcades Saboth.5139

Arcades Saboth.5139

Hi anonim, I had your same issues. Do you use runes which give you transformation like Vampirism which transform you in mists? If so remove it. They proc at 90% life force as it would be health and transform you in mist but you cannot see it (since the UI in Death Shroud is designed to confuse you).
For some strange reason when you swap out of DS your skill bar is empty too.

Ok, will test it, ty.
But… in fact it IS a Bug, so plz fix =)

One more note:
you can remove just the 6th rune and use the other 5. It is just the transformation which is bugged. It was the same for the Moa on us, now that has been fixed but any other transformation while on Death Shroud are left bugged.

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Hi anonim, I had your same issues. Do you use runes which give you transformation like Vampirism which transform you in mists? If so remove it. They proc at 90% life force as it would be health and transform you in mist but you cannot see it (since the UI in Death Shroud is designed to confuse you).
For some strange reason when you swap out of DS your skill bar is empty too.

Ok, will test it, ty.
But… in fact it IS a Bug, so plz fix =)

One more note:
you can remove just the 6th rune and use the other 5. It is just the transformation which is bugged. It was the same for the Moa on us, now that has been fixed but any other transformation while on Death Shroud are left bugged.

Well the fix in the moa case was to drop us out of DS on application. Trying to do that on the runes would really be a case of throwing the baby out with the bath water…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arcades Saboth.5139

Arcades Saboth.5139

Well the fix in the moa case was to drop us out of DS on application. Trying to do that on the runes would really be a case of throwing the baby out with the bath water…

I’m not sure to understand the meaning of that but anyway I prefer to get out my Death Shroud and have the cooldown but have the correct activation of effect (become mist for Vampirism or Ice for the other runes) then to be stuck in Death Shroud and have my Life Pool depleted.

Yes, this is a bad sign how they handled this fix: they added an exception to the Moa skill instead of handling correctly our Death Shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: anonim.7413

anonim.7413

I think what digiowl was saying: They can’t (or shouldn’t) make the same thing for other forms, like the mist. Possible scenario: You are about to die, 11%hp left, get tons of bleedings on you and change to the death shroud to escape. Well, at 10% hp you automatically leave death shroud because the mist is activated → the bleeding kills you while your life-energy for the shroud is still full.

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Well the main bug is that these “trigger on X health” effects (even our locust swarm trait) trigger because they think we are at zero health when we go DS. But if Anet took inspiration from Moa on how to deal with it, any time we go DS we would be booted right back out again…

in Necromancer

Posted by: boneduste.4023

boneduste.4023

Chilling Darkness does not work with Plague Form:Blindness. This one is easy enough to test and I didn’t see it working. I see the blindness, but no chill. Can anyone else verify this?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daxx.5076

Daxx.5076

Our only run speed ability from weapons Locust Swarm constantly gets me locked in combat often with no mobs in sight to even be locked in combat with. Makes it more likely to make me run slower then make me run faster when I need it. Swiftness and put you in combat should not be paired together terrible design

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daxx.5076

Daxx.5076

worst bug I would have to say is pets not attacking and just standing there while your fighting. I notice this the most with Flesh Golem since he has no range attacks he frequently will just stand there and do nothing

in Necromancer

Posted by: flao.1860

flao.1860

Retaliation from traits and axe skill does not work, i try in spvp with thief and dosent reflect

in Necromancer

Posted by: Catcrafter.3917

Catcrafter.3917

When jagged Horror-(5 points in death magic) dies it creates a death nova -(30 points in death magic) radius animation but has no “pulsing” animation which is the case with other minions when they die and also it does no damage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Melvin.3295

Melvin.3295

Have not yet seen this fixed since the start of the launch, but the vampiric trait in the blood magic tree allows you to damage walls with any auto-attack or ability, even tough players should not be able to attack them at all without siege weapons I believe?

Kaname Tanuma – 80 Necromancer
Far Shiverpeaks – Bubblegum Dragons [GUM]

in Necromancer

Posted by: LoVeRSaMa.3289

LoVeRSaMa.3289

Have not yet seen this fixed since the start of the launch, but the vampiric trait in the blood magic tree allows you to damage walls with any auto-attack or ability, even tough players should not be able to attack them at all without siege weapons I believe?

Wrong.

Also, if you were right, you’d be the biggest snitch ever, they should not be fixing things that help Necros when we are as weak as we are ;D

[SinS] Clan Leader – www.SinfulShadows.com – Stormbridge Isle – Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: PointAndClick.5631

PointAndClick.5631

I’m having issues with a retaliation build (traits on DS and on Healing). It didn’t work in Dungeons at all and it doesn’t reflect (fully?) in PvP (WvWvW), damage also keeps coming through.

It feels more like turning on spectral armor than retaliation, something is wrong here.

Edit: Not a bug. Thanks people for explaining.

(edited by PointAndClick.5631)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

It appears that using Necrotic Traversal (Summon Flesh Wurm) does not trigger Death Nova (Death Magic trait XI). If the wurm is killed in typical combat, the nova does trigger. Could be intentional, but seems inconsistent with Taste of Death (Summon Blood Fiend) and Putrid Explosion (Summon Bone Minions).

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

I’m having issues with a retaliation build (traits on DS and on Healing). It didn’t work in Dungeons at all and it doesn’t reflect (fully?) in PvP (WvWvW), damage also keeps coming through.

It feels more like turning on spectral armor than retaliation, something is wrong here.

That’s not how retaliation works. It doesn’t reflect damage, it just does damage to enemies who damage you. It does a set amount and you still take the incoming damage. That’s how it works for everyone.

Weird that it wouldn’t work in dungeons, if that’s true.

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

in Necromancer

Posted by: rEaPeX.8415

rEaPeX.8415

NEW BUG: minions rezz eles and remove revenge from warriors!

1.) if an ele is in the downed state and press his skill 2 to get in the mistform, then there just needs to die an minion and he gets a rally…

2.) if an warrior gets in his revenge mode, he can remove it when he kills a minion…

I don’t think this works as planned, because I noticed this bug only since the last update with the lost shores

this destroyed my tpvp build pretty hard…

R E A P E X – Necromancer – EU

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

-The bone minion putrid explosion has a 3 second delay with it’s own death nova poison cloud combo field.
-The blood fiend’s heal isn’t consistent. In some areas it is more than 200%, increased to the proper amount in others, and some aren’t boosted at all.

SO am I wrong or was the blood fiend’s auto attack heal not increased correctly? The vast majority of the time it seems to be the “pre-buff” value.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kage.1536

Kage.1536

just found a new BUG:
I think most of necro knew that we can instant fear by press F1, then quick click fear.
BUT, we CAN’T quick casting Dark Path.
It will fly through somewhere, but it can’t hit foe.
unless u are luck, even u just stand in front of foe.
picture below, u can see I’m standing near the golem.
but my Dark Path going to direction of 2 o’clock, don’t know why
and u can test it by yourself in mist, hope this is a bug

http://d.pr/i/GUI

in Necromancer

Posted by: War Mourner.5168

War Mourner.5168

Hm? from the screenshot it doesn’t look like you even cast dark path, as it shows not on CD. Also I tried to reproduce this and it hit every time, could you explain more specifically what you’re doing?

in Necromancer

Kage.1536

Hm? from the screenshot it doesn’t look like you even cast dark path, as it shows not on CD. Also I tried to reproduce this and it hit every time, could you explain more specifically what you’re doing?

It’s ok, I just create this video, maybe u can see it clear
I only jump in to Death Shroud, then quick click Dark Path

http://youtu.be/ax7A-hOKA34

btw, I have noticed this won’t often appear on sPvP yesterday
but its still weird on Mist

in Necromancer

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

Does it happen with only that golem or with all the golems? The most likely solution is that the server is in a weird state concerning that golem – it shows you the golem in one place but it’s actually in another place. Dark Path works everywhere for me, so test out the other golems and enemy players.

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hanekoma.3647

Hanekoma.3647

“(NB0073) Minions: will die if the player transforms into another creature (Lich Form, Plague, mesmers Moa).
(NB0053) Death Magic: Minion Master: does not reduce the cooldowns of your Minion Skills, just the cooldowns of your summoning minion skill.”

How can this two be working as intended? Specially the first, since this way a Mesmer would completely disable a minionmaster (which is actually a non-viable build because of this kind of things)…

in Necromancer

Kage.1536

Does it happen with only that golem or with all the golems? The most likely solution is that the server is in a weird state concerning that golem – it shows you the golem in one place but it’s actually in another place. Dark Path works everywhere for me, so test out the other golems and enemy players.

already tested in every golems in Mist, even test npc (all class)
Dark Path can’t work on these thing, just like what I describe before, Dark Path still miss
But good news is, it seems act normal in sPvP, never miss, atleast tested for 1hr
so .. maybe Anet can fix it someday, despite just in Mist.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Abigor.4952

Abigor.4952

“(NB0073) Minions: will die if the player transforms into another creature (Lich Form, Plague, mesmers Moa).
(NB0053) Death Magic: Minion Master: does not reduce the cooldowns of your Minion Skills, just the cooldowns of your summoning minion skill.”

How can this two be working as intended? Specially the first, since this way a Mesmer would completely disable a minionmaster (which is actually a non-viable build because of this kind of things)…

“As with other forms, the first 5 skills on your skill bar will change for the duration of the form, while the last 5 will be locked, destroying any active minions. " -wiki

in Necromancer

Posted by: Evil McBadguy.9732

Evil McBadguy.9732

I went thru the topic but didnt seen anyone having same problem as i have not sure if its only me or maybe i simply didnt search hard enough.
Anyways my problem is about dodge and scepter.
It looks like scepter auto attack cancels my dodge half the time i try to dodge.
It does use the endurance i do see dodge animation but im not moving an inch. It all happens in place.
Any other conditionmancer running with scepter/dagger that have this problem?

I’ve seen this quite often and is one of most often reason I die. I do a dodge, but it seems to bounce me back to the originating spot. I use Scepter/Dagger 99% of the time, but never attributed it to that combo. I always thought it was key press issues.

Thank you this was driving me crazy. Now I have something to throw at that kittenhawk who wouldn’t shut up.
EDIT: Just recorded, vid coming up demonstrating the issue.

(edited by Evil McBadguy.9732)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Evil McBadguy.9732

Evil McBadguy.9732

I went thru the topic but didnt seen anyone having same problem as i have not sure if its only me or maybe i simply didnt search hard enough.
Anyways my problem is about dodge and scepter.
It looks like scepter auto attack cancels my dodge half the time i try to dodge.
It does use the endurance i do see dodge animation but im not moving an inch. It all happens in place.
Any other conditionmancer running with scepter/dagger that have this problem?

I’ve seen this quite often and is one of most often reason I die. I do a dodge, but it seems to bounce me back to the originating spot. I use Scepter/Dagger 99% of the time, but never attributed it to that combo. I always thought it was key press issues.

Thank you this was driving me crazy. Now I have something to throw at that kittenhawk who wouldn’t shut up.
EDIT: Just recorded, vid coming up demonstrating the issue.

Done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGkMit3S4Mo&hd=1

in Necromancer

War Mourner.5168

This bug also frequently occurs on our dagger auto attack, and supposedly on a lot of other classes auto’s as well. It’s a pretty terrible bug, but I assumed for a long time it was my terrible Australian ping. Seems it isn’t.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Excio.9153

Excio.9153

I’m pretty sure the OP doesnt play anymore considering that this thread hasn’t been updated in a while, even after the last update. Somebody bothered should take over.

in Necromancer

War Mourner.5168

As far as I can tell, the death shroud hp trigger bug has been fixed. Tested with rune and trait effects.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terissimo.6852

Terissimo.6852

Superior Rune of Lyssa is not working when im using Lich Form. After using elite skill i should get all boons for 5 seconds but its not working for Lich Form.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Palaryel.2463

Palaryel.2463

The Spite trait XII “Close to Death” has either a misleading description or is not working as intended. The description states that it increases ALL damage by 20% to targets under 50% HP, however this does not apply to condition damage. So either to description needs to be altered to say “increases direct damage” or “does not affect condition damage” or the skill should be reworked to work properly on condition damage, depending on the original intentions of the developers.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dragoth.7153

Dragoth.7153

Minor problem:
When we place marks under fiendly target ant this target will switch to hostile, marks don’t activate. Target have to reenter marks activation area to activate them.
Dunno if this happen for other area activation skills like traps.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fynda Uthis.7694

Fynda Uthis.7694

That movement speed increasing signet is bugged. It should passively give us 25%, but when the passive activates, it only gives 10%. The tooltip on the signet is ok, it’s 25% there, but when I have my cursor on the passive buff, it only shows 10%.

in Necromancer

digiowl.9620

Actually, it is only the buff tooltip that is bugged…

in Necromancer

Posted by: epicsmooth.7825

epicsmooth.7825

With the trait Mark of Evasion when I dodge with a enemy near me that triggers the mark I don’t dodge away I dodge in place.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fynd.4890

Fynd.4890

That movement speed increasing signet is bugged. It should passively give us 25%, but when the passive activates, it only gives 10%. The tooltip on the signet is ok, it’s 25% there, but when I have my cursor on the passive buff, it only shows 10%.

This is strictly a buffbar icon tooltip issue, you are getting the 25% runspeed bonus in-game properly like stated on the Utility bar tooltip. They neglected to update the buffbar tooltip text for Necro, Ranger, and Ele. Since it’s just a text change, they probably won’t release an emergency build for it, it’s just a shame that it passed by QA testing unnoticed.

(edited by Fynd.4890)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Using Putrid Explosion (Bone Minion-> Putrid Explosion) underwater creates a very short-lived poison combo field as of the last patch. I only have 20 points in Death Magic, so this is not the Death Nova trait triggering. You can check on this by triggering Putrid Explosion while using a whirl combo finisher from the spear. You will get the combo message of “poison bolts”. It may or may not also trigger with the blast finisher on trident 5. I haven’t checked with blast finishers.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

plague and chilling darkness now work properly together.

tested it in the mists

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

Another Bug: Deadly Strength doesn’t increase Power from the Thoughness gained from Dark Armor..
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deadly_Strength
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dark_Armor

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

Death Nova still doesn’t apply to Flesh Wurm when using Necrotic Traversal (note that works correctly with Bone Minions or Blood Fiend)
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Death_Nova
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Summon_Flesh_Wurm

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

in Necromancer

Posted by: swordbreaker.5189

swordbreaker.5189

I notice that the AOE form the Plague Skill is a lot bigger when a lager Character cast it.
In the Description of the Skill the range is set to 240. So the AOE Effect of e Big Norn are way to big.
I am a Asura and my Guild buddy is a Char his AOE is a way bigger than mine.

Attachments:

in Necromancer

Posted by: Uskon.2519

Uskon.2519

I notice that the AOE form the Plague Skill is a lot bigger when a lager Character cast it.
In the Description of the Skill the range is set to 240. So the AOE Effect of e Big Norn are way to big.
I am a Asura and my Guild buddy is a Char his AOE is a way bigger than mine.

Tried this out with a guildmate, and my Sylvari necro’s Plague area was indeed larger than an Asura’s, and smaller than a Charr’s.

Seems very strange that no-one has noticed this before, if that in fact is the case.
Edit: read the thread again and saw earlier reports about it >.<

(edited by Uskon.2519)

in Necromancer

War Mourner.5168

did you guys check to see if the true area of effect was different, or if it was just a graphical problem?
I.E: Go into plague form with the bigger character, move until some neutral mob is in the their circle, or until it’s getting hit by plague, then move up with the smaller character until it gets hit by their plague.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Uskon.2519

Uskon.2519

did you guys check to see if the true area of effect was different, or if it was just a graphical problem?
I.E: Go into plague form with the bigger character, move until some neutral mob is in the their circle, or until it’s getting hit by plague, then move up with the smaller character until it gets hit by their plague.

This was what I suspected at first, and we did test the area by slowly inching towards the target until it started taking hits.
Unless I am blind, the enemy took damage as soon as it reached the white outline, meaning that the visual area matches the actual area.

(edited by Uskon.2519)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Feywray.4351

Feywray.4351

Signet of the Locust movement speed increase. Tooltip says 25%, but the buff says 10%. Not sure which is accurate but I’d wager it’s most likely the 25% increase.

in Necromancer

striker.3704

I’m starting to think we need to make a new thread since we are hashes hasn’t posted or updated in two months, and a lot of the bug list is outdated.

in Necromancer

striker.3704

warriors can vengeance res off of minions.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alkaline.2809

Alkaline.2809

I dont know if this is listed but when I have 25% death magic the Ritual of Protection still only goes 3s.

(edited by Alkaline.2809)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aboriginal.3796

Aboriginal.3796

Trash Bin_______________________________________

Working As Intended

• (NB0021) Utility: Plague Signet: only removes the first condition, the others are just copied. (Like Deathly Swarm and Gathering Plague)

Would you mind updating the tooltip then ?

You might also wanna verify that the “intention” is correct here. It’s just that the skill as currently described in the tooltip would make total sense on the necro.
I feel reminded of the accidental removal of the elementalists leap finisher (main hand dagger 3) due to a missing tooltip info, which was then reintroduced with the correct tooltip in the next patch.

(edited by Aboriginal.3796)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

(NB0072) Soul reaping: Gluttony: Does not work at all.
Gluttony works, it’s just completely negligible.

• Gluttony should be additive, not multiplicative – the bug report entry should remain.

I made some tests: The proof that Gluttony doesn’t work
I think we have a confirmation, so the bug entry must remain.
But we still don’t know if it’s additive or multiplicative.

It works, it just doesn’t give much. Your bar fills 10% faster. Tested it in the mists on golem with just staff auto-attack. No gluttony and it takes 33-34 attacks to fill up. With gluttony it only takes 30. Which is 10% faster.