Ranger Changes on July 23, 2013

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Time to get some zerker stuff for my ranger and run this.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

Among other benefits the stealth on hunters also let’s you cast the beginning of barrage without detection.

I just had an orgasm

Success is my only option, failure is not.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilandros.2098

Kilandros.2098

Among other benefits the stealth on hunters also let’s you cast the beginning of barrage without detection.

Awesome.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tsohg.1798

Tsohg.1798

See how easy it is to make us happy?

See that hill? Thats where i’ll be, raining hell upon you.

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

T_T I’m just so…happy!

Lol, you made me laugh out loud at work.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

Posted by: Tywele.7812

Tywele.7812

I bet nobody expected THIS!

The word “ranger” does not originate from the
word “range” but from “to range”.

in Ranger

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Hmm .. personally i only see a damage decrease compared to now where i often directly start with 20 stacks of vulnerability.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Ranger

Posted by: Red Jay.2516

Red Jay.2516

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but this patch makes me bring my dear Norn Ranger main back from 3 month hiatus.

Well played, ArenaNet, well played.

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

dont know if the changes will be good or enough because i have them tried but at least they are trying to fix the class so i think even if is not turn out to be that good, at least we know they are trying.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

So it’s ok for rangers to have stealth now, but eles cannot have mobility? My double standard sense is tingeling.

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

So it’s ok for rangers to have stealth now, but eles cannot have mobility? My double standard sense is tingeling.

Most elementalists run D/D, which is already mobile and tanky enough. I don’t think they need a buff to mobility, tyvm.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

nagymbear.5280

eles cannot have mobility?

Wait what?

in Ranger

Posted by: Robyn Yew.6072

Robyn Yew.6072

I was going to make a thread called Ranger QQ imminent, looks like i was right lmao. Let them volleys fly.

}|{Rhbyn Yew}|{ Sylvari Ranger 80
born to Isle Of Janthir

in Ranger

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

Most elementalists run D/D, which is already mobile and tanky enough. I don’t think they need a buff to mobility, tyvm.

1 skill on a 40 seconds cooldown does not equal mobility when everyone else has the same skill on 12 seconds cooldowns.

in Ranger

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

as a ranger running axe/axe + GS or S/W im really happy with these changes
and im also happy for those loving longbow

Shout out to Anet!

p.s. Can we also get viable mainhand melee weapon? I mean all that ‘fix root on sword’ ‘rolling off the cliff’ ‘jumping around the target like crazy’ thing. New mainhand weapon like dagger would be amazing!

Thanks again for steps in the right direction!

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

A Realistic observation :::

Anet :: “Alright, we Cave. We’ll listen to the community and combine LB Skills 2 and 3, and redo skill 3. We’ll also give the Ranger a Blast Finish, and we’ll do some other cool things like give them Retaliation when using Whirling defense.”

The Rangers of Guild Wars 2 : “Yeah Anet! WooHoo! You are Awesome! The Ranger is the Best Class Evar now! YAY!”

….2 weeks later…..

The Rangers of Guild Wars 2 : “ZOMG! We Hate you Anet! The Ranger Sucks! Its the Worst Class Ever! I’m Rage Quitting! You Need to make our worthless pets stronger! Why don’t we do enough damage with Long bow!?! OMG!”

On another note entirely though that isn’t insulting in any way….

Instead of using Stealth to start off Barrage, I was thinking of using it in WvW to run into a group of players, use Entangle, then dodge out of the way and let my group ram into them…, or immediately use Barrage with a Zerker build before anyone knows what hit them.

I already used this to great effect in WvW without the stealth, I’ll flank the Group and run straight into them using Entangle, then immediatly use Barrage. Normally half of them are already downed before they knew what hit them because rarely does a group of players pay attention to their sides or behind, only whats directly infront of them!

p.s. Can we also get viable mainhand melee weapon? I mean all that ‘fix root on sword’ ‘rolling off the cliff’ ‘jumping around the target like crazy’ thing. New mainhand weapon like dagger would be amazing!

also, I want to say that I like the sword the way it is, especially the rooting, and the jumping around the target like crazy,….but randomly jumping off of a cliff is starting to get a little old. And Please, God! No Dagger! Make a weapon that is actually useful, unique and not Thief-like in any way!

(edited by Chrispy.5641)

in Ranger

nagymbear.5280

Sooo… when will this happen? I’m in EU and no update running…

in Ranger

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

1 autoshot→Rapid Fire→point Blank→hunters shot→swoop→Hilt Bash→maul

xDDDD

in Ranger

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

1 skill on a 40 seconds cooldown does not equal mobility when everyone else has the same skill on 12 seconds cooldowns.

Pretty much this.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Ranger

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I am so wet right now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Omg…. To think i was considering playing an engi over my ranger again, i’ve never been so wrong in my life!!

My two Favorite weapons (longbow and war horn) just got buffed big time!! THIS IS AMAZING!!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

move the call of the wild blast finisher to maul, make something with pets and spirits (or remove/change them), do something with sword1, axe 1-4(thief short bow is better from 900 range) and we will happy

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

cracks knuckles

Okay, let’s type out what D/D elementalists have for mobility (both weapon wise and slot skill wise)

Burning Speed (Fire #3)
Ride the Lightning (Air #4)
Lightning Flash
Mist Form (you’re immune for 3 seconds)

Most classes would kill for that many mobility options. Every other class is on a short cooldown because they don’t have as many options…save for thief, but that class was built for mobility.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

Tsohg.1798

Can’t wait for this patch to take effect. Shoot someone and vanish>use jaguar and also vanish. LOL as he runs around confused.

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

move the call of the wild blast finisher to maul, make something with pets and spirits (or remove/change them), do something with sword1, axe 1-4(thief short bow is better from 900 range) and we will happy

Depends on your playstyle and goals. Axe does a lot more damage than shortbow, has the same range, has effectively the same first 3 attacks. If you aren’t going condition, it’s infinitely better than shortbow or longbow as far as damage is concerned. But that’s looking at strictly ranger shortbow vs axe and the idiocy of making shortbow 900 range.

Now when you compare it across classes, that’s not very fair. Obviously evasive shot is insanely useful and considering the ranger has no burst potential at all, explosive shot looks great too. But you can’t comapre other classes that easily.

in Ranger

Posted by: Grayback.7148

Grayback.7148

So now you opened 2 threads about this and continue your crying in the ranger forum…It may be all ok with the mobility and stuff, but what on earth does this have to do with the new stealth of rangers, we were really hit by nerfs and nerfs and now 3s of stealth is so cry-worthy? srsly

in Ranger

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

After playing a ranger in sPvP for awhile I finally decided to lvl one up for WvW and got a sweet Jade Dragon Longbow skin to go with it. I was doubting my decision and thinking maybe I should have gone with Shortbow, but after that stealth Hunter’s shot it’s gonna be all good.

in Ranger

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

maybe cry more in ele’s forum and ANet might just grant your wish.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

in Ranger

Posted by: Joiry.2504

Joiry.2504

Hmm .. personally i only see a damage decrease compared to now where i often directly start with 20 stacks of vulnerability.

Yeah, I was wondering about this. Used to be, Hunter’s Shot, 10 stacks of vuln right away, so every hit of Rapid Fire got the full 10 vuln from that. If the new Rapid just adds 1 stack per hit, the 10 stacks only apply to the last hit, for a net loss in total damage?

Maybe there are other factors? Or is it more than 1 vuln per hit with the new Rapid Fire (notes don’t say and I’m at work).

in Ranger

Tsohg.1798

Yeah, I was wondering about this. Used to be, Hunter’s Shot, 10 stacks of vuln right away, so every hit of Rapid Fire got the full 10 vuln from that. If the new Rapid just adds 1 stack per hit, the 10 stacks only apply to the last hit, for a net loss in total damage?

Maybe there are other factors? Or is it more than 1 vuln per hit with the new Rapid Fire (notes don’t say and I’m at work).

Yea, that would be the traited crit every 9.5s

in Ranger

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

The fact that you don’t know how to move on an ele is not ANet’s fault, it’s simple L2P.

in Ranger

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Well smack my !@# and call me Sally! Blast Finisher and Stealth?!

I might finally knock the dust off my Ranger and give er a test drive!

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in Ranger

Posted by: Munky.7159

Munky.7159

Please, just leave.

Ele’s have some of the best mobility in the game. This is clearly a L2P issue on your end Aether.

On topic. Totally dusting off my ranger, rebooting, re-gearing, re-funding and giving her a whirl.

Glad I didn’t delete her. Thanks Anet for listening! <3

~Mave Knightmare
Strike Force [SF]
Jade Quarry

in Ranger

Posted by: Killsmith.8169

Killsmith.8169

Anyone know how much vulnerability maul and rapid fire got? I don’t really want to be a pessimist, but if maul got 3 stacks for 6 seconds, you’ll need 4,250 dps on the target to get the same damage as the bleed. This is easy in a group setting, but when you’re on your own you might see a drop in dps.

Similarly, rapid fire can’t be used as often as hunter’s shot when you take activation time into account, so if they kept the same duration on the vulnerability, we won’t keep as many stacks on the target in PvE. There’s also the initial buildup and the fact that rapid shot is not a a good attack to use if you can hit your target from max range.

These are good PvP changes, I’m just not sure if we’re coming out ahead on the PvE side of things.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mr Pin.6728

Mr Pin.6728

Has anyone tried the stealth in game? Does the pet stealth as well or only the ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

All I can see is this:

Among other benefits the stealth on HUNTERS also let’s you cast the beginning of barrage without detection.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Ranger

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Holy cow. I am so happy. I can play my ranger again!

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

All I can see is this:

Among other benefits the stealth on HUNTERS also let’s you cast the beginning of barrage without detection.

lol the skills called Hunter’s Shot, he’s probably saying Hunters as in the skill, not the prof.

in Ranger

Posted by: BlusterWolf.2103

BlusterWolf.2103

I am really really happy about longbow changes, but I still doubt if longbow is viable aside from full zerker.

Forty Milliseconds…rangers who remember…know…

in Ranger

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

I am really really happy about longbow changes, but I still doubt if longbow is viable aside from full zerker.

It is, thanks to the june update, that removed some of the damage from pets, and basically gave it to the longbow.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Longbow has been my weapon of choice since late beta, it has soooooo much support for your team, and now it’s got some kittening teeth too!! Ohohoho am i going to bust peoples faces open now!! And keep in mind with remorseless and quickdraw we have a guaranteed crit every 9.5s, so we don’t need crit chance, trade that kitten in for a defensive stat, take valk gear, profit

in Ranger

Posted by: Canguro.5768

Canguro.5768

Great patch to the Ranger, indeed changing the vuln from LB #3 to #2 is kind of a nerf for static enemies (pve) is great for pvp, also the new stealth to LB #3 with Remorsless will make it for the vuln “nerf”.

With Wh #5 now being a blast finisher I’m more than happy, will give a nice boost to healing spring or the poison fields from some pets.

Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Samson.1345

Samson.1345

the new stealth integration really makes me feel like a hunter stalking his prey. Great Job Anet!

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Awesome.

I don’t think that makes any difference at all, most players will dodge out of any red ring as soon as they see it appear. All the more so if they don’t know what’s coming. Stealth will be great for many purposes (escaping, re-positioning, gaining range, entangle bombing, trap setting, infiltrating in PvE), but I don’t think barrage is one of them.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

The bigger question is whether or not they will have to land an attack with Hunter’s Shot to go stealth.

Did you make it an in-combat skill-based stealth or a spammy-spammy 3 second stealth every 12 seconds regardless of the situation?

(edited by Redscope.6215)

in Ranger

nagymbear.5280

It is, thanks to the june update, that removed some of the damage from pets, and basically gave it to the longbow.

I agree with you 50% on that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tadayoshi.2815

Tadayoshi.2815

The bigger question is whether or not they will have to land an attack with Hunter’s Shot to go stealth.

Did you make it an in-combat skill-based stealth or a spammy-spammy 3 second stealth every 12 seconds regardless of the situation?

It’s no question, just read the notes : “This skill no longer applies vulnerability ON EACH HIT, but now grants the ranger stealth for 3 seconds.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

It’s no question, just read the notes : “This skill no longer applies vulnerability ON EACH HIT, but now grants the ranger stealth for 3 seconds.”

That means it’s vulnerability per-hit is removed. It doesn’t mean it requires a hit for stealth to activate, or hits 3s of stealth per tick, or requires no hit for just 3s of stealth.

It’s very vague.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

So how many tears will fall from 100% crit mauls executed from stealth after this goes live? I predict rivers :o

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

So how many tears will fall from 100% crit mauls executed from stealth after this goes live? I predict rivers :o

The thieves will drown in their own tears!! This is going to be amazing!! It’ll be like playing Teemo in League of Legends >=D