Nerf Wish list

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

So, a lot of people come to the thief forums to open up a topic on a particular skill/thing they want nerfed. So I thought I would create a post were you can post what you want nerfed and why. For instance, say I wanted to nerf their crafting speeds, it would be the following post:

What: Thief crafting speeds.
Why: It’s unfair they craft faster when in stealth.
Suggestion: (optional) Take their crafting time… and double it!
Thread: (optional) http://imgur.com/pAiF9Rk

So yeah, in all seriousness, take it away!
Thieves stay out of the way, as to not cause flame wars (unless you’re suggesting a nerf)… ugh….

Feel free to link to other posts, and duke it out there… this should mainly be just a what-and-why….

(Edited:
Added the optional “Suggestion” and “Thread” headings to the template.)

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Thieves should not be able to use any weapons. Once a thief looked at me and without attacking me, I received 35k damage. This is with my 30,000 HP and 3,500 toughness.

Why should thieves be able to do so much damage to me without them even attacking????

(nice thread)

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Thieves should not be able to use any weapons. Once a thief looked at me and without attacking me, I received 35k damage. This is with my 30,000 HP and 3,500 toughness.

Why should thieves be able to do so much damage to me without them even attacking????

(nice thread)

Thanks. allow me to restructure it…

What: Thieves should not be able to use any weapons.
Why: Once a thief looked at me and without attacking me, I received 35k damage. This is with my 30,000 HP and 3,500 toughness.

:D There.

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Nines.4368

Nines.4368

What: Thieves.
Why: They are too OP. Why do we even need this class to ruin the whole game for us? Lets just remove the whole class so that all the other ones won’t feel like the underdog.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

What: Thief
Why: I saw once a stealth thief capturing the 3 zones at same time in SPVP.

Anet should not allow that.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

What: Stealth
Why: Stealth op!!111!!!1

Just do it.

All is vain.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Originally by: VIVorcha.7853

What: Hide in Shadows
Why: You get high healing, DOT removal, regeneration, and stealth. It dominates, and condition builds suffer the most. I’m thinking the healing should be lowered slightly (maybe equal to Shelter) and the condition removal should be limited to removing one DOT condition.
Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/I-think-it-s-time-to-nerf-Hide-in-Shadows/first#post3308620

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Originally by: Otaur.9268

What: Condition Damage (Chocking gas and caltrops specifically) and Stealth
Why: I spammed shortbow poison aoe, caltrops, etc to apply conditions on foes in area and noticed I can pretty much kill both players and monsters without becoming “revealed.” This is getting more and more popular in WvW and it is rather unfair… But this is enough, please make any damage the thieves do in stealth apply revealed. Spamming conditions from stealth should reveal them.
Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Condition-Damage-and-Stealth/first#post3225311

(Side note: Never mind the Mesmer’s clones…)

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

SoLeciTO.3490

hahahah Zero Day.2594 stop!

I’m at work i can laught this hard!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

This is no laughing matter! It’s a serious thread!

Burnfall and Sanduskalalalala (sorry forgot your name, should have made it simple like burnfall did….) you’re welcome to join provided you guys follow the format… What and Why….

Attachments:

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

SoLeciTO.3490

This is no laughing matter! It’s a serious thread!

Burnfall and Sanduskalalalala (sorry forgot your name, should have made it simple like burnfall did….) you’re welcome to join provided you guys follow the format… What and Why….

Well Sanduskel is the name of that famous thief (that famous that no one have ever see him as a thief or know his build) . . . but i hope he don’t come here . . . hes soooooo pro that will ask to nerf everything.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Mithos.9572

Mithos.9572

What: Thief’s Eyes
Why: They are so piercing.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Just because a thief once complained about Engineers being OP then this happened

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

And I approve this message, this should also be a sticky on top of the forum, next to the warrior one.

My list:
10-16k backstabs need to go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9d4Og8KbEM

Perma ability to reset fights and run away is pretty much, in the right hand, 100% immortality, specially when they can make an attrition war last forever until you die or they simply walk away.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

And I approve this message, this should also be a sticky on top of the forum, next to the warrior one.

My list:

Perma ability to reset fights and run away is pretty much, in the right hand, 100% immortality, specially when they can make an attrition war last forever until you die or they simply walk away.

This is gold! I think we just found a mascot for the thread!!

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Upham.6137

Upham.6137

What: Shadow’s Embrace.
Why: Because the tooltip says so.

Bläck Dähliä

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

My list:

Aight, so I will help out a bit with the formatting:

What: 10-16k backstabs need to go
Why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9d4Og8KbEM

What: Perma ability to reset fights and run away
Why: 100% immortality, specially when they can make an attrition war last forever until you die or they simply walk away.

Hope I got that right, cheers!

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

What: Thief’s Daggers
Why: Deals too much damage. A pair of toothpicks would balance the power.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

What: Surprise shot (SB stealth attack)
Why: a 900 range skill that immobilizes? Really? Too OP. I’ve caught too many people trying to run away. Stealth and shoot – you don’t even need to waste initiative. Thieves already have it too easy. Drop the range from 900 to 5, make them waste all their initiative if they immobilize a target, and give it a 99.99% of failure, that still drains initiative. That’s more fair.

Oh, and if the skill fails, it immobilizes the thief instead, and adds five stacks of bleeding, poison, and torment.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

What: Steal
Why: A thief steals my axe but I still have my axe as well. It’s nonsense. I should lose my weapon when a thief steals it from me so that I can punch him hard.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

What: P/P weaponset.
Why: It kills people, without even using Stealth? That’s crazy-person talk, Thieves are supposed to be sneaky!

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Undeadkemea.4865

Undeadkemea.4865

What: Sword/X
Why: So much mobility with instant cast and curing a condition is just intolerable. I want to be able to land my stuns and that Thieves have NO way of recovering AT ALL! The fact that they actually can get away is just….so daft! Why do Thieves get to cure conditions at all? This should be nerfed into the ground! looks at 10 december notes…..ohhh shiiiiiiiiiiii we’re going to eat your kitten HAAHAHAHA

^
Sad story Q_Q

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Let’s shave thief a bit.

What: Daggerstorm
Why: This skill has too much on it, projectile reflect makes them immune against rangers and engineer while totally annihilating them with reflect, and it shouldn’t give stability since thieves can stealth.

What: Dancing Dagger
Why: This skill is a spammable on demand cripple, and can cripple 4 people, cripple should be removed from this skill.

What: Thieves Guild
Why: I can’t find the thief when he uses thief guild and they deal high damage and cc.

What: Basilisk Venom
Why: It’s op to use it with runes of lyssa, thieves shouldn’t remove conditions since they have stealth.

What: Death Blossom
Why: Remove evade and bleeds from this skill, 3x 10s bleeds are op while evading.

What: Cloak & Dagger
Why: This skill is spammable and gives stealth, remove stealth from this skill.

What: Flanking Strike
Why: Spammable evade and boonsteal, remove evade from this skill.

What: Infiltrators Arrow
Why: This skill is 900 range, which is too much because thieves have stealth, a rewarding skill like this should have 500 range and 4 seconds cast time so it can be interrupted.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

(edited by Ghostwolf.9863)

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

What: Thief
Why: It exists.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Jory.9172

Jory.9172

What: Norn Elite Become the Jaguar
Why: Thieves are too fast already with their hopping around, nobody ever heard of a jaguar thief.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Arikyali.5804

What: Stealth attack skills
Why: Special skills just for the thieves, with each weapon having its own unique stealth attack? All these special skills should be removed, since there’s no easy way to counter them from the thief stealth.

(the sad part is that I got the inspiration for this nerf from someone who wanted backstab to be half damage, instead of double damage)

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Maesk.8753

Maesk.8753

What: Pistol Whip
Why: You can still kill things with it.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

omg stop nerving the thief to death soon there will be nothing left of the class lol . i am srry if everyone just wants the thief to hold still so u can smash it in 3 hits but we die real easy lol .

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

omg stop nerving the thief to death soon there will be nothing left of the class lol . i am srry if everyone just wants the thief to hold still so u can smash it in 3 hits but we die real easy lol .

Good suggestion,

What: Thief movement.
Why: Loot bags shouldn’t move.

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

caveman.5840

What: Stealth attack skills
Why: Special skills just for the thieves, with each weapon having its own unique stealth attack? All these special skills should be removed, since there’s no easy way to counter them from the thief stealth.

(the sad part is that I got the inspiration for this nerf from someone who wanted backstab to be half damage, instead of double damage)

stealth sucks just keep swing your wep lol

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

What: Initiatives — too much
Why: Initiatives allows a Thief to spam skills while other professions has to wait for cool downs. Initiatives should be a maximum of 8 initiatives and 9 max when traited. Whenever the Thief use an initiative skill, they get stun for 2s which will effectively stop the spamming and help them to conserve initiatives for other skills. We just care so much for the profession that we don’t want them to be a bad boy that needs spanking.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

What: Unload
Why: ANET devs love to spam this skill

All is vain.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Lews.8146

Lews.8146

this post…made me laugh so hard xD

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

What: Backstab and HeartSeaker
Why: With the upcoming ascended gear, these skills will hit HARDER, they will do over 9000! Please nerf them in the Dec. 10 patch when you release ascended, there WILL be QQ’ing if you don’t.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Merged-and-now-ascended-gear-hits-Dec-10/page/5#post3315217

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Arikyali.5804

What: Abyss Dye
Why: Too many thieves use it, making it more expensive in the market. Please patch the game so that all thieves cannot use Abyss Dye.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

What: Stealth
Why: Because outside of several counters to entering stealth (Ranger’s Sic ‘Em, pulling or knocking a thief out of Shadow Refuge while it’s going on), there is no actual counter to stealth while inside it. Give a counter such as blocking stealth = reveal to fix this.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: shinta.8906

shinta.8906

can’t even talk about it. met this thingy the other day and before recognizing it BOOM dead.

anet should better nerf cliffs.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Reckless.6325

Reckless.6325

Warrior
-Defiant Stance: Stance. Absorb all incoming strikes for a period of time. All incoming attacks heal you.

Welp, warrior are officially god mode now…

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Warrior
-Defiant Stance: Stance. Absorb all incoming strikes for a period of time. All incoming attacks heal you.

Welp, warrior are officially god mode now…

Actually, it works in our favor. They have to give up the signet for that, meaning no more passive regen for them. Odds are that Stance will have a 40-50 second cooldown, long enough to wreck them.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

what: d/d
why: can actually kill mesmer…o.o

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

caveman.5840

its so sad there is a nerf wish list 4 the thief . u need a wish list telling u how to use your build against a thief lol thief’s r easy to kill if u do it right . the only class u should have trouble killing a thief with is like an element unless they r running a d/d regen element than the thief will have some trouble

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

its so sad there is a nerf wish list 4 the thief . u need a wish list telling u how to use your build against a thief lol thief’s r easy to kill if u do it right . the only class u should have trouble killing a thief with is like an element unless they r running a d/d regen element than the thief will have some trouble

You must be new to the thief forums where it’s normal to see other’s come and QQ asking for random nerfs…. hence I made this wish list for them, so they can at least be organized…

Let’s hope the dev’s actually read this and make these nerfs happen…

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Please read the post and the comments.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Please read the post and the comments.

You know…
There’s a little degree of seriousness in these….
:) I will be so kittening happy if any of these nerfs go through…

Why?
Let’s just leave it at that it will be solid evidence.

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

What: Thieves’ legs
Why: Sometimes they don’t instantly die and they actually start trying to run

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: brentend.7058

brentend.7058

What: Heartseeker, Back Fighting, “Moral High Ground”, and “good thinking”
Why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTSlULPN768

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

What: Human Cultural Tier 3 Armor
Why: Basically every thief wears it, and every thief does 30k dmg backstabs and sword slices as well as stealths and teleports, COINCIDENCE?!

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Arikyali.5804

You do realize this is just a joke thread, riiight?

(And please, use proper grammar and punctuation…I had to read your post 3-4 times to understand the gist of it.)

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

You do realize this is just a joke thread, riiight?

(And please, use proper grammar and punctuation…I had to read your post 3-4 times to understand the gist of it.)

Not a joke, this is serious business. We can’t let a single game update without a Thief nerf…that would be an abomination!