Nerf Wish list

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Ah! Thanks. Well, I’m not sure if the OP of that thread knows that combo, and even if he does he sure didn’t really explain himself well… Hence that thread came off as just another cry/rage thread.

Pretty sure they don’t/didn’t know, but I can list 6 classes that hit me with 17236547156234723 conditions at once without even moving. People are just afraid of thieves. And I can’t help but wonder if the better players will naturally chose thief (and maybe ele) as their main, so maybe the problem isn’t the class.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: NIKJOLDBHORN.7315

NIKJOLDBHORN.7315

Really? Ranger can hit thief (stealth or not, doesn’t matter) with “Point Blank Shot” that cause knockback, as we all know, and then “Rapid Fire” that has 1200 range with a really high damage and vulnerability… I should dodge 12838 times to evade that skill… So my thief is dead with 2 skill, and you want fix some stuff on thief?
It’s ridicolous. You should ask for a less damage on your “rapid fire” skill! With the last patch this skill it was really OP!!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Something seriously needs to be done with the amount of shortbow 3 spam. I’m usually strongly in defense of thieves, as seen in my posting history, but for reals, after taking a 1.5year break from thief and using other classes, nothing stands out as OP in thief as the godkitten shortbow 3 spam. It’s way too potent for a last ditch method to stay alive. With stealth, there are a huge amount of counters that if well placed, can end a thief. This includes anything from dodging/blinding/interrupting CnD to sic em.

On the contrary shortbow 3 has very few counters. Immobilize has no affect on it at all, you can’t interrupt something you can’t hit(minus a few abilities such as wall), and the cripple it stacks on you allows them to gain a huge amount of distance. Against other thieves, this isn’t an issue, but try playing as a guardian with very little mobility against someone who could simply whip out their shortbow and spam 3 when near death. Pair this with the massive amounts of initiative gain that Anet offers thieves, and what you end up with is pure bullkitten.

Solution: Increase the initiative cost of the ability, and make it so that you can no longer use the ability while immobilized.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Something seriously needs to be done with the amount of shortbow 3 spam. I’m usually strongly in defense of thieves, as seen in my posting history, but for reals, after taking a 1.5year break from thief and using other classes, nothing stands out as OP in thief as the godkitten shortbow 3 spam. It’s way too potent for a last ditch method to stay alive. With stealth, there are a huge amount of counters that if well placed, can end a thief. This includes anything from dodging/blinding/interrupting CnD to sic em.

On the contrary shortbow 3 has very few counters. Immobilize has no affect on it at all, you can’t interrupt something you can’t hit(minus a few abilities such as wall), and the cripple it stacks on you allows them to gain a huge amount of distance. Against other thieves, this isn’t an issue, but try playing as a guardian with very little mobility against someone who could simply whip out their shortbow and spam 3 when near death. Pair this with the massive amounts of initiative gain that Anet offers thieves, and what you end up with is pure bullkitten.

Solution: Increase the initiative cost of the ability, and make it so that you can no longer use the ability while immobilized.

Just going to format it for you:

What: Shortbow 3
Why: Something seriously needs to be done with the amount of shortbow 3 spam. I’m usually strongly in defense of thieves, as seen in my posting history, but for reals, after taking a 1.5year break from thief and using other classes, nothing stands out as OP in thief as the godkitten shortbow 3 spam. It’s way too potent for a last ditch method to stay alive. With stealth, there are a huge amount of counters that if well placed, can end a thief. This includes anything from dodging/blinding/interrupting CnD to sic em.
Suggestion: Increase the initiative cost of the ability, and make it so that you can no longer use the ability while immobilized.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Just going to format it for you:

What: Shortbow 3
Why: Something seriously needs to be done with the amount of shortbow 3 spam. I’m usually strongly in defense of thieves, as seen in my posting history, but for reals, after taking a 1.5year break from thief and using other classes, nothing stands out as OP in thief as the godkitten shortbow 3 spam. It’s way too potent for a last ditch method to stay alive. With stealth, there are a huge amount of counters that if well placed, can end a thief. This includes anything from dodging/blinding/interrupting CnD to sic em.
Suggestion: Increase the initiative cost of the ability, and make it so that you can no longer use the ability while immobilized.

I read the first post, but for some reason, I just totally forgot to format it… Apologies, and thanks

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

I read the first post, but for some reason, I just totally forgot to format it… Apologies, and thanks

:P No problem. You can, if you want, format your own post and then I will just delete mine. Though not a big deal either way since I’ve reposted it.

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: epoc.7941

epoc.7941

Originally by: VIVorcha.7853

What: Hide in Shadows
Why: You get high healing, DOT removal, regeneration, and stealth. It dominates, and condition builds suffer the most. I’m thinking the healing should be lowered slightly (maybe equal to Shelter) and the condition removal should be limited to removing one DOT condition.
Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/I-think-it-s-time-to-nerf-Hide-in-Shadows/first#post3308620

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

epoc.7941

Originally by: VIVorcha.7853

What: Hide in Shadows
Why: You get high healing, DOT removal, regeneration, and stealth. It dominates, and condition builds suffer the most. I’m thinking the healing should be lowered slightly (maybe equal to Shelter) and the condition removal should be limited to removing one DOT condition.
Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/I-think-it-s-time-to-nerf-Hide-in-Shadows/first#post3308620

Wow with the current condi meta…one would think adding condition removal is paramount…hide in shadows is nothing compared to certain heals eles remove a condition per pulse with 1 heal and that’s 8 pulses! It’s only bleeding burning and poison that come off specifically with hide in shadows. Also it has a reasonable cool down. 30 seconds is a long time to wait as a theif…and lastly it’s freaking interuptable…just time stuff dude theives really are not that difficult to beat. And to good most theives aren’t even good

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

epoc.7941

What: Thieves.
Why: They are too OP. Why do we even need this class to ruin the whole game for us? Lets just remove the whole class so that all the other ones won’t feel like the underdog.

Most theives suck….if u lose to cheese theives then maybe you gotta check on what you’re doing wrong…the issue with this game is that too may people rely on meta builds and don’t try to build according to their playstyle…sure meta works but is it optimal to how your mind works? You’ll find more success against theives when you 1…pay attention to their patterns which most theives follow the exact same ones and 2 stop playing cheese meta builds and find something that suits you best.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

@epoc

Most of those that are “originally by” are cries for help, for instance the one by VIVorcha is probably because he runs a condition build and lost against a thief that used HiS … Surprisingly though he was able to identify one skill that might be in question and not just cry “TEEF OP MUCH CONDI REMOVAL SO STRONK WOW”, so I sort of applaud him for that at least.

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

can we get this thread closed or moved to the profession balance board?

I wouldn’t mind it being moved to the balance board. Everyone can then pitch in!

If that happens, we’re doomed.

Lol as if it could get worse hahaha

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

I wouldn’t mind it being moved to the balance board. Everyone can then pitch in!

Well, they haven’t deleted the class yet.

….I shouldn’t have said anything…

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Nah Arikyali … deletion of the class is too nice, they’re going to torture their players first so that they beg for their class to be deleted… and then only then maybe they will consider deleting it as oppose to toying and teasing with buffs and nerfs.

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Nah Arikyali … deletion of the class is too nice, they’re going to torture their players first so that they beg for their class to be deleted… and then only then maybe they will consider deleting it as oppose to toying and teasing with buffs and nerfs.

If that were true it would be sad and highly unprofessional. I think what is going on is that anet doesn’t have enough resources (yet) to comfortably assign someone to reevaluate the thief profession.

Secondly, with the thief community in this much turmoil I am pretty sure that they feel that attempting to modify thief in anyway will result in a kittenstorm regardless what they do. But their fears are far from realistic since the profession has been asking for a middleman for a long while. I doubt provide at least an open ear and mind would do that since the source of the turmoil is the lack thereof.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

If that were true it would be sad and highly unprofessional. I think what is going on is that anet doesn’t have enough resources (yet) to comfortably assign someone to reevaluate the thief profession.

Secondly, with the thief community in this much turmoil I am pretty sure that they feel that attempting to modify thief in anyway will result in a kittenstorm regardless what they do. But their fears are far from realistic since the profession has been asking for a middleman for a long while. I doubt provide at least an open ear and mind would do that since the source of the turmoil is the lack thereof.

Yeah I really hope it’s just a resource issue. Re-doing the whole profession would also require resources besides overcoming the fear of the kitten-storm, which either way has been going on for a while now, it’s just everyone is more or less used to it… The other thing is they might be just putting a blind eye on the whole matter (balance in general) since every patch is just a new wave of cries, class re-designs have been asked for by various other professions as well… It’s kind of like “o well, they will always be unhappy, so let’s just do whatever is easiest for us.”

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Jana.6831

I’ve been wrong concerning the krait runes – I forgot about their elite and just remembered it today when running around with my condi thief who happens to have krait runes. So, the 6th skill is triggered every time one’s elite skill is used – basilisk venom, fe. I don’t know enough about other classes to say whether that’s extremely unfair or if these runes are simply rather mean (I like them, btw, my necro uses them as well).

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

I’ve been wrong concerning the krait runes – I forgot about their elite and just remembered it today when running around with my condi thief who happens to have krait runes. So, the 6th skill is triggered every time one’s elite skill is used – basilisk venom, fe. I don’t know enough about other classes to say whether that’s extremely unfair or if these runes are simply rather mean (I like them, btw, my necro uses them as well).

Yeah so, I’m not sure what he’s complaining about… it’s 1 stack of poison/torment/bleed. The 6th effect has a written cooldown of 30 seconds, but apparently is bugged thus 45 seconds.
The elite with the lowest cooldown for a thief is basilik, which is 40 seconds. If you use residual venoms it goes down to 32 seconds.
So, in an empty bubble w/o things trying to stab/slash/shoot you the effect of the 6th rune either occurs in 32 second intervals or 45 intervals (depends if it is bugged).
That alone doesn’t really seem OP.

I used to (when i played) run P/D condi/bleed… and the way i operated was i would stack bleeds by constantly doing CnD and Sneak Attack, and using venoms (2 of them) to cover up the bleeds from being the first to be removed, and ofc throwing in torment every now and then. That coupled with Thieve’s Guild and planting Ambush right under them (to trigger faster), giving me 3 thieves/pets for distraction/chaos/panic in a fight. (Yes, if anyone caught that, I admit to using 2 venoms and a trap)

The thing that probably happened was he was getting owned by condition thieves and just took note of basilik venom and krait runes… Like he hates condition thieves in general but has a specific hate directed towards that combo which probably for him justifies his hate for condition thieves. “kittening condition thieves running their krait and basiliks, so unfair, if only it was nerfed, then they would be a bit more playable against.”

Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Jana.6831

Yeah, I’m not saying that there wasn’t a bit of QQ in that complain (don’t ask me to write anything about necros, that would be QQ overload) – I just wanted to say that my explanation from a few days ago was partly incorrect.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Really? Ranger can hit thief (stealth or not, doesn’t matter) with “Point Blank Shot” that cause knockback, as we all know, and then “Rapid Fire” that has 1200 range with a really high damage and vulnerability… I should dodge 12838 times to evade that skill… So my thief is dead with 2 skill, and you want fix some stuff on thief?
It’s ridicolous. You should ask for a less damage on your “rapid fire” skill! With the last patch this skill it was really OP!!

But that is all that is needed to play this game, pick class that kill faster and profit, if a player can have a class that kills mostly in 2 or 3 hits and target dont have the reaction/skills to react condition of the fight is because he is not doing the right thing as playing the right class.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Timiok.1048

Timiok.1048

I think we need to calm down with hating thieves… Nerfing is fine, (Even though all these nerfs could pretty much kill the class) but wanting it to be removed is just a bit irrational. I know many people just like the thief class, and if you’re gonna ruin the game for a bunch of people, that’s just not okay. Everyone stereotypes thiefs to have no skill, and to immediately be hot-headed. I’m sick of it.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Originally by: Peow peow.2189

What: Reveal
Why: This will largely reduce the ammount of invis spamming happening. Currently 3 seconds in game ticks is nothing and you can easily dodge and cloak and dagger you opponent as if no time has passed.
By making it 6 seconds, we wont make invisibility unreliable but rather a more tactical skill than a spammable one.
Suggestion: Increase reveal uptime to 6 seconds.

What: Backstab
Why: Currently in world vs world, a thief on food with might stacks can easily crit up to 14- 16k on a target with high toughness. By reducing this by 25% we drop it into the 10- 12k range.
Quite a reasonable nerf that still allows the class to quickly burst down most light armoured enemies.
Suggestion: Nerf backstab damage by 25%

What: Vigor and Swiftness
Why: Thieves have access to what is easily the highest swiftness up time. You’d also be lucky to find a thief that isn’t running acro + trickery for 100% vigor up time.
By reducing the vigor on heal to 4 seconds and bountiful thefts vigour to 6 seconds.
This would mean you still have 50% vigor up time.
Swiftness would also be reduced to that you only gain swiftness on every dodge roll when you have 30 in acro.
Suggestion: Greatly decrease vigor and swiftness uptime.

What: Condition cleansing ability
Why: Thieves easily have the highest and fastest condition cleansing speed.
With Condition cleanse happening every time you heal as well as every time you become invisible – its hard for us to stack condis on you.
Change this so that you only cleanse 1 condition on heal and 1 when entering invisibility.
To counter these changes i propose these buffs.
Suggestion: Reduce condition cleansing ability

Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/SIck-of-thieves/first

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Belarorn.9062

Belarorn.9062

Hop on the Nerf Train!

What: Stealth
Why:
1. Because it’s annoying that I can’t roll a thief and not play it the way i want. ie not with Stealth. Currently however Stealth is too OP for any other builds to really be viable and if you play a thief without Stealth goodluck getting anywhere with it. I mean maybe S/D SB builds but even they rely on SR and CnD
2. Because of fight reset. you can solo a thief and if he is dying or gets bored he can just pop SR or anyone of hundreds of other stealth combos, wait 3s in it and restart with full HP and All CD’s. Meanwhile Wwe are still in combat maybe with some condi’s still on us for the thief to comeback to and toy with at his pleasure

Suggestion: Rduce # of ways to get into stealth. Currently there are 2 reveal skills, rnager has 1 and Engi has 1 both with longish CD’s 30ish seconds. On any thief build there are as many as I dunno 10 ways of getting into stealth a few of them spammable (yes im looking at you Blackpowder heartseeker). Therefore to balance stealth either we need more reveals or less ways to get into stealth. BTW Revelas are 6s long. I believe that stealth should be something that only becomes super OP when you have to trait heavily into it while sacrificing other things like dmg or surviveabilty. Currently you can trait like 4 deep and have stealth reset fights for you. I dont think this is fair. Now im just waiting for people to tell me to L2P. bows Thank you!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

facepalm to all the suckers who aren’t putting enough afford into learning how to counter the thief. People like this should just stay in pve.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: SimpleKingly.5021

SimpleKingly.5021

Ok while we’re on the topic of nerf wish lists.. Can we handle the substain cele DD ele has or the overpoweredness condi engis have had since game launch? I think these should be more heavily focused than the thief nerfs…

lelelele bad warriors make me lululul

Lowjin is my stripper name ;)
www.Twitch.tv/kreepingg

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

I wander if other classes have forums like this.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

I wander if other classes have forums like this.

I’m sure they do, though no one organizes/documents them…

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

What: Shadow Refugee
Why: So it’s totally unfair when a thief uses SR as a decoy for AoE fields. As in the thief drops down SR but doesn’t enter it – maybe instead they use another stealth skill – leaving the SR field empty and people will AoE the empty field. This is totally not fair, an SR should be changed/nerf.
Suggestion: Make the center (where the little house icon is) of the SR field be “attached” to the thief, as in it will move the whole field with the thief.

This clever idea was brought up by Corvette.5687,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/How-to-make-SR-more-Balanced/first#post4567874
I can just foresee this being complained about some time in the future, when they start to figure out it’s sometimes empty… But first they have to figure it out! (might take some time)

hahahahahaahahahaha i need to use that trick. Thank you so much.

Also your suggestion would turn your life into a nightmare. A moving shadow refuge? You still won’t be able to target him because he will be invisible. lol.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

What: Shadow Refugee
Why: So it’s totally unfair when a thief uses SR as a decoy for AoE fields. As in the thief drops down SR but doesn’t enter it – maybe instead they use another stealth skill – leaving the SR field empty and people will AoE the empty field. This is totally not fair, an SR should be changed/nerf.
Suggestion: Make the center (where the little house icon is) of the SR field be “attached” to the thief, as in it will move the whole field with the thief.

This clever idea was brought up by Corvette.5687,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/How-to-make-SR-more-Balanced/first#post4567874
I can just foresee this being complained about some time in the future, when they start to figure out it’s sometimes empty… But first they have to figure it out! (might take some time)

hahahahahaahahahaha i need to use that trick. Thank you so much.

Also your suggestion would turn your life into a nightmare. A moving shadow refuge? You still won’t be able to target him because he will be invisible. lol.

Yeah you wouldn’t be able to target him anyways … BUT, if the little house icon is right on top of the thief and it moves with the thief… I would hope that the opponent would know what to do (like drop an AoE or CC)… It’s pretty much like training wheels for what they need to do now anyways. Well, when someone isn’t being clever and not entering the SR.

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

What: thief sword stab, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stab_
Why: its too op

I watched as a thief constantly spammed it on me and i could do was run to corner of my room and cry because I couldn’t bare the fact that i was so scared I couldn’t just press v to get away.

[SA]

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

oh one more thing,

What: teefs with toilet paper and rotten eggs
Why: I start laughing my butt off

how does one counter such a powerful tactic?

[SA]

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Allandir.6289

Allandir.6289

What: Thief dmg (and underboob)
Why: Bcs Thief can deal dmg

Attachments:

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Originally by: arenta.2953

What: Nerf WvW stealth spam
Why: theres literally no way to kill these people 1 on 1.
i’ve used stealth trap. they warped out of range
i’ve tried to maximize dmg to them the 3 secounds they visible. they dissapeared in 1 secound(i thought we FIXED the render issue)
seriously….this is getting annoying.
i cant even immobilize them because they lose conditions when stealthed, so just walk out of my vines.
Suggestion: can we plz remove the horribly long time it takes to put down a stealth trap?
that alone would go a long way to fix this problem…..without kitten ing thief in pve or sPvP
Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Nerf-WvW-stealth-spam/first

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

you thief class is so special and is having fun, i wish other class can feel same and make thread like this

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Alchemist.3692

Alchemist.3692

What: Armour
Why: I don’t understand why you need armour if you’re always going to stealth anyway? Or at least have armor that doesn’t allow you to add runes, they make it even more OP.

What: Sigils for Thieves
Why: Flame blast aoe, lightning, etc make the thief way stronger than they already are. Lets do something like the Ferocity nerf so that only thieves would be impacted by them.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Querini.6918

Querini.6918

[its not a flame post, more like kidding/trying to help you. why? because good enemies give more fun from playing even if i die :P ]
What:/Why: remove noobs (or newbies?) spending more time crying on forum than learning how to deal with thief. Why do you play gw2 if you dont like this game (maybe only pvp/wvw) and you dont want to learn it (by that i mean your class and also other classes, their mechanics etc etc)
eg Belarorn.9062’s post:

Hop on the Nerf Train!

What: Stealth
Why:
1. Because it’s annoying that I can’t roll a thief and not play it the way i want. ie not with Stealth. Currently however Stealth is too OP for any other builds to really be viable and if you play a thief without Stealth goodluck getting anywhere with it. I mean maybe S/D SB builds but even they rely on SR and CnD
2. Because of fight reset. you can solo a thief and if he is dying or gets bored he can just pop SR or anyone of hundreds of other stealth combos, wait 3s in it and restart with full HP and All CD’s. Meanwhile Wwe are still in combat maybe with some condi’s still on us for the thief to comeback to and toy with at his pleasure

Suggestion: Rduce # of ways to get into stealth. Currently there are 2 reveal skills, rnager has 1 and Engi has 1 both with longish CD’s 30ish seconds. On any thief build there are as many as I dunno 10 ways of getting into stealth a few of them spammable (yes im looking at you Blackpowder heartseeker). Therefore to balance stealth either we need more reveals or less ways to get into stealth. BTW Revelas are 6s long. I believe that stealth should be something that only becomes super OP when you have to trait heavily into it while sacrificing other things like dmg or surviveabilty. Currently you can trait like 4 deep and have stealth reset fights for you. I dont think this is fair. Now im just waiting for people to tell me to L2P. bows Thank you!

1st bold um… lmao. thats what i said before. “i wanna play with my build and with my playstyle (i dont want to adapt to situation! why should i? just nerf it!) and i wanna smash everythin i meet. just because i want” well… yeah l2p

2nd bold as i know if 2 ppl are fighting and 1 of them get ooc, the second one get ooc as well in the same time unless one of them have a condition. So if you have a brainless build without condi remove its only your fault! Moreover thief’s regen in stealth is about 360 per sec, same as warr’s signet. Nothing too op. Dunno where did you found information about “full HP and All CD’s” link me it pls. Cooldowns on thief while ooc are ongoing as fast as for every class in gw2. 1s cd per 1s real time (lol. ridiculous! it should take 2s real time per 1s cd!)
Dunno where did you find information about “full HP and All CD’s” link it to me pls. (seriously. if you’re talking about something make sure you can prove it. noone like liars)
Basic regen ooc is same for all classes and equals 1k per sec if i’m correct.

And now about reveal… The best proof for that ppl are ******(kitten!!!) thief in stealth still can be hit by your spells. just use chain melee skills so you will see when you hit him and when you dont (yes! chains rotation works even if target is not visible! and if you dont have any melee chain’s its also not thief’s fault.) Tbh every melee is good, it dont must be chain. The only advantage of chain’s is that you see if you hit someone or you dont.

Last thing:
1. Smoke+blast 2. Smoke+leap 3. Blinding powder 4. SR 5. Hide in SHadows
6. F1 from thief or certain mobs 7. <trait> while reviving ally 8. <trait> from Steal
9. CnD 10. <trait> Last Refuge, but it usually kill the thief, not help him since thief cant control it, so usually LR ends on 3s reve instead of 3/4s stealth.
So yep, you’re right. 10 ways to get stealth but usual thief have access to max 6-7 of them.
S/P and P/P have only smoke +blast from weapon skill’s stealth that is easy to counter… if you know how.

And the very last thing : every class have def abilities. thief’s def is his possibility to control area and time of fight. we dont have any stability (ok, 1 elite with 90s cd and we have to break skill animation if we want to eg stomp). we dont have mist forms, we dont have boon spams, we dont have block’s, we dont have 0dmg signets/stances, we dont have 2 hp bars, we cant easy make 3 clones and hide behind them and finally we cant heal 10%-100% in 1s while still keeping pressure on enemy.
Pls remember about that and start watching twitch, yt or pvp arenas in-game (as spectator), change your build to match it to your playstyle instead of crying “because i dont know what to do”.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Reveal increase to 8 sec
Backstab only usable from behind (its backstabbing not freaking melt face) and nerfing it by 20% = or make it cost 6 initiative because it can melt ppl hp to 50%
HS nerf 15% and increase cost to 6 initiative.
= problem solved.

(edited by Ragnarox.9601)

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

Beautiful thread. Glad to see it’s still going strong. I was going to post something similar (think Terminator), but Alchemist beat me to it.

It’s startling to see the amount of imbeciles (highlighted so clearly) that would change a game rather then change themselves.

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Beautiful thread. Glad to see it’s still going strong. I was going to post something similar (think Terminator), but Alchemist beat me to it.

It’s startling to see the amount of imbeciles (highlighted so clearly) that would change a game rather then change themselves.

All in the name of “Balance”!

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

What: Revealed
Why: It is too under powered and weak. It doesn’t last long enough.
Suggestion: It should last longer so I can get 2 full Point Blank Shot, Rapid Fire, & Long Range Shot rotations in. It’s not fair when I’m on a roll and beaming Thieves from ranges in excess of 1,500+ to have to stop when they use their cowardly 1,200 range escape shadow step.

Not only that but every class should have a mechanic similar to Revealed, but for different trait lines.

For example:
Warriors get “Weakling” on their shouts that makes all Deadly Arts traits into Liberal Arts, meaning all the traits are now random despite what you have selected.
Mesmers get “Dumbfounded” which means all clones and phantasms can body block and Theives can no longer land critical hits.
Elementalists get “Exhaustion” that means all Boons and Vitality is set to base and any endurance starts to drain instead of regenerate. Any dodges used creates a negative regen pool.
Guardians get “Unfavored” which means Magic Find is set to base and 1 T-Shirt of Colin Johanson holding a Guardian icon is sent to your home or place of business.
Necromancers get “Macabre” where all steal and conditions are set to base and any time you hit a Necro you get inflicted with 1s of Fear.

We don’t know everything about Revenants yet so this is just speculation, but I think it should go something like:
Revenants get “Mistified” which means Thieves can no longer slip in and out of phase, disabling any and all Shadow Stepping abilities.

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Originally by: Invoker.5462

What: Skill cap reduced/nerfed – Playing well should incur a handicap.
Why: It’s readily apparent that a HUGE population of theives have no idea that they are contributing very little to the team, and in many cases actually think their far tactics or lord rushing (into death) are actually helping the team.
On the flipside, when thieves are actually good. They are too good, and incite confusion among the general playerbase. “How can he dodge that many times?” “Is it really fair that he can bypass the down mechanic by going invisible?”
Short answer is, yes its fair, but the profession, when played well is in need of a nerf. Lets step back for a second and look at a class with an even higher skill ceiling, the Mesmer.
Now a mesmer, when played well, finds itself in weaker position than a well played theif, yet is harder to play to its full potential. Can you respect a mesmer who plays well? I know i sure can. On the other hand, a theif who play’s well almost seems to be abusing several rotations that allow it to be nearly unkillable. It feels cheesy to fight a well played theif, not like the mesmer who just tricked the hell outa me.
So on both end of the spectrum, bad and good theives are toxic to this community, the profession should have never been added to the game, but since it’s here it really needs to be reworked.
Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Thieves-are-toxic-to-this-community-pvp

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

what i like about this thread is the fact that devs actually implemented some of this suggestions which says so much about them~

i wonder if we wrote here “jump off the cliff”, would they do it too?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Originally by: Cynz.9437

What: Thief’s walking ability.
Suggestion: Thieves should constantly move in a direction of an edge of a cliff, regardless of where the camera is pointing and which keys they press. When at the edge of the cliff, the thief will proceed to jump off.
Why: i wonder if we wrote here “jump off the cliff”, would they do it too?
Thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Nerf-Wish-list/page/9#post4866555

what i like about this thread is the fact that devs actually implemented some of this suggestions which says so much about them~

:D * waits *

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Hey Zero, do you know what day you started this thread?

We should have a 1 year celebration hi-lighting the wishes that came true.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

Perhaps this thread says more about the thieves with so much class loyalty that they’re wholly incapable of taking a critical look at their own profession’s skills. So much so, that they’re literally mocking ideas that end up in the game.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

December 03, 2013 20:51

So, we kind of missed the 2014 anniversary.

My personal favorite wish that came true is that choking gas now reveals us from stealth.

They have yet to nerf our superior in-stealth crafting speed.

Sad thing is, there doesn’t seem to be much complaining anymore. :/ Wonder why.

Join the TEEFs!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Jana.6831

Alright, then one of my plenty wvw stories – I was roaming, we were few on EB and someone said:
“Well, we could get the moles but there’s a teef in there, don’t go in alone
So I got there – it was an uplevel assaulter… BOO!
After that we had a group of 3 of the same guild roaming in our corner, an engi, ranger and an ele. That had been the last night that I hadn’t had lags, so I downed the ele but the engi pulled me away when I was about to stomp.
Mapchat: “Did this just happen? Why didn’t you win against the ele?”
Our legend lives on!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

December 03, 2013 20:51

So, we kind of missed the 2014 anniversary.

That’s how long it was? I thought it’s only been a year.

My personal favorite wish that came true is that choking gas now reveals us from stealth.

Yeah that was classic.

They have yet to nerf our superior in-stealth crafting speed.

Sad thing is, there doesn’t seem to be much complaining anymore. :/ Wonder why.

It’s because of the Mass Exodus of December 2013

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Arikyali.5804

But…that might actually be a good change! I beat another teef in PvP today because of that!

We were fighting, we both stealthed at the same time. I was 90% sure I got him, and that he was down, but since he SRed before going down, I had no idea where he was. So I dropped choking gas and got revealed – found him!

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Arikyali.5804

Nerf Wish list

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

:P You are allowed to add them too.
Though I will add it, thanks for linking it.

Wow… started reading it, wonder who owned him so hard…

Join the TEEFs!