in WvW

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

Nice job DB, keep it up

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: taek.9386

taek.9386

Oh really, only thought there was one exit….
Haven’t seen spawn camping since the Ruin era, those were the days!

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Mattamis.8143

Mattamis.8143

there are other BL’s lol, saw some SoS in ours not long ago

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

What a classy bunch of players!

You know that you have 3 routes to leave the spawn, don’t you?

Technically it is often more, since the side paths split into different drop down points, so 5ish routes.

That said sitting in front of a spawn with superior numbers AND siege screams ‘we have no interest in fighting’ to me. You have numbers or you wouldn’t be there, why do you need the siege? Seems like you are missing out on some fun fights while you wait for population to balance.

~ AoN ~

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Tearofsoul.9843

Tearofsoul.9843

I heard DB is kicking axx here.

Lothem

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

I heard DB is kicking axx here.

Attachments:

Dragonbrand

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Kulam.6514

Kulam.6514

Posting a “LOST” poster .. Lab puppy with large eyes, licker, drooler, will do anything for bacon strips, the mutt will claim your sofa if you don’t plop there first, farts anytime he wants, won’t leave you until the next meal every time you hug him, responds to “DB pooch”.., If found just let him smell bacon, he can find his way home.

Replacing the old poster with this one, the old poster had +695 holes, and who would do such a thing?

Dragon Bizkit

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

SoS has a empty period that must be like 12 hours long, they just aren’t on the maps. YB is holding out as best we can vs the endless DB hordes, but you really need 3 teams for the mechanics to work right.

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Redfield.6174

Redfield.6174

I woke up and realized I lost all the fun

http://postimage.org/image/5udzcm905/full/

[BP] Necromancer
Dragonbrand Server

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Mattamis.8143

whats this feeling im feeling? is that PRIDE for my SERVER!?
go DB!

SoS and YB are putting up a heck of a fight but i think we might actually have this week

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Werat.7063

Werat.7063

SoS has a empty period that must be like 12 hours long, they just aren’t on the maps. YB is holding out as best we can vs the endless DB hordes, but you really need 3 teams for the mechanics to work right.

This is actually not true. The period where it would “theoretically” go down is only 3 hours. But in comparison to NA pt the other timeframes needs a lot more cooperation and integration of militia on sos.
What you see now is actually the same thing that we had in t1 and t2 – ignore the overpowering masses on those tier- which is that people see that they got almost nothing and a lot just dont bother or simply troll the maps making it worse for the few other people trying to pull something off. We are not yet that good at working and learning from failures. So one needs to wait quite a while until the trolls gone off at least.

Also, as soon as it goes down like that quite a bunch of commanders are missing in action. The ones that are actually trying to pull something are always the same and those guilds funnily enough never get mentioned here.

This all combines with the fact that sos seems to have a firm belief that when activly camped we need to take our part back first before attacking instead of just attacking the enemy side while a few retake our own in the background. Diversion is a word not often heard.
We also have so fare little to no handle on splitting in smaller groups to pull of stuff which db seems to do quite well. And sometimes we tend to treb the upgraded wall for an hour instead of having a go at the paper gate.

Its all friendly banter and more fun now that people dont play for ppt that much anymore but those trolling situations are really frustrating at times.

eu league
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.”

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Mattamis.8143

SoS – only server ive seen keep pace with the overpopulated JQ – is now rank 2 T3… should start a thread entitled “What Happened”

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Dragonbrand isn’t used to owning the early afternoon. It’s just that NNK has been shutting SoS down so hard the last couple days that their fareweather wvw see the pie chart and go off to do something else. Nobody likes being spawn camped. Not to mention fortified waypoints on SoS keeps. If SoS’s early afternoon numbers showed up we wouldn’t have their Garrison most of the day. We don’t have that many EU’s.

As for Yaks, well, they go to bed at 10PM and wake up about noon. Nothing there has really changed. (Server time)

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmybass.2159

Jimmybass.2159

Grats DB. Keep it up!

King Kong Bundy
Blood Work [RED]
Fort Aspenwood

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

DB is playing great and gaining more PPT. That is all.

It is not fairweathers, or courage or server heart or some mystical bond between man/woman and keyboards. It is just a game and hopefully people are enjoying it.

ps…. I am greatly enjoying the week.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

SoS – only server ive seen keep pace with the overpopulated JQ – is now rank 2 T3… should start a thread entitled “What Happened”

IMHO, A group of gamers realised that GW2 was not their second job. Many of these people remain on SoS and are currently enjoying the game.

Go DB! Great comeback and a well deserved win if you get it!

See you all again next week!

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

(edited by elkirin.8534)

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

You know what happens when you get to the end, it starts over again. Win or lose its the same.

Oh and if I do something for 8 hours you better be paying me.

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Pendragon.8735

As for Yaks, well, they go to bed at 10PM and wake up about noon. Nothing there has really changed. (Server time)

~ Kovu

We need our sleep. Those saddle packs are heavy.

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: AFK.1854

AFK.1854

SoS seems to be full of weekend warriors now. to be honest i’m pretty sure they used to get really great starts and then lose by the end of the week.

to be honest i’m pretty sure you have no idea what you’re talking about.

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

To be honest I’m sitting in my bath tub.

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: coronbale.3894

coronbale.3894

To be honest, you said you were in your bath tub and you have a live stream link below your post. To be honest, you are a tease, as it is NOT a stream of your bath tub…

Leader of [TSym]
Sea of Sorrows
IGN – Coron

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Suggest you go back through the threads to find details of the guild exodus that occurred.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Mattamis.8143

Well im GLAD you guys are in our tier now, this has been the most exciting week ever. YB and SoS are welcome to stay.

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

Maguuma and Yak’s Bend are only a fraction of a single rating point apart right now.

I would personally rather have Yak’s around next week.
So you guys should push for the next 24 hours.

Let’s have Tier 3 stay the same two weeks in a row for the first time since DB got here o;

Dragonbrand

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: santi.7516

santi.7516

Maguuma and Yak’s Bend are only a fraction of a single rating point apart right now.

Let’s have Tier 3 stay the same two weeks in a row for the first time since DB got here o;

That will not happen, enjoy Maguuma, they have a bigger population than YB anyways so it should be even more balanced.

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

EnRohbi.2187

That will not happen, enjoy Maguuma, they have a bigger population than YB anyways so it should be even more balanced.

Except everytime Maguuma gets into tier 3 they just throw the match so they can go back to easier battles.

Dragonbrand

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: lani.7431

lani.7431

Score update. NNK, I love you.

Attachments:

Lani [Krew] – BP
Former [EA] DB Commander

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: blasius.4723

blasius.4723

hi guys…to DB mostly
thanks alot fight in EB with you guys hell alot of fun..nice..i love it
although we the losing side i must admit DB doing the great job…!!
well WE will be BACK :P
thanks all….cheers V

Sea of Sorrow : since day 1 – my home land
Bone(engi80)-Taran(thief80)-Clea(ele80)-Enci(guard80)-Mina (mesmer80)

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

well done DB, grats on your win this week. I was thinking after the majority of pvp guilds left SoS where would we settle. It looks like T3. Which is good. Less rubbish arguments from SoR and JQ and more decent servers to fight.

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Niim.9260

Except everytime Maguuma gets into tier 3 they just throw the match so they can go back to easier battles.

I wouldn’t confuse smaller with easier. They prefer smaller zergs and lots of roaming play, that doesn’t mean they are looking for ‘easier’. Besides I do not think they actually threw the match so much as they just didn’t have the coverage.

~ AoN ~

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

Not sure what happened at that meeting we don’t talk about, my laggy self showed up shortly before it somehow turned into a free for all. I piled in since that looked like the thing to do. Sorry maybe? o__o

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I wouldn’t confuse smaller with easier. They prefer smaller zergs and lots of roaming play, that doesn’t mean they are looking for ‘easier’. Besides I do not think they actually threw the match so much as they just didn’t have the coverage.

It’s both smaller and easier. Maguuma is demolishing t4. They don’t belong there, not by a long shot. Yaks also doesn’t really belong there, but Maguuma is definitely a stronger server overall than yaks.

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Facet.5914

Facet.5914

It’s both smaller and easier. Maguuma is demolishing t4. They don’t belong there, not by a long shot. Yaks also doesn’t really belong there, but Maguuma is definitely a stronger server overall than yaks.

Oh?

Only fair recent point of comparison I can find is the past two weeks in T4. Maguuma scored 250k points two weeks ago against CD and EB. 1 week ago YB scored 249.5 against the same opponents.

Yaks Bend [SoF] [Me] [One]
Sea of Sorrows [All]

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Maxtofunator.5976

Maxtofunator.5976

Had a ton of fun early on in Yak’s BL commanding ~20 into a yak’s group of ~40 to take bluebriar!
First time commanding and got to lead some fun times before getting off, good fights everybody.

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

santi.7516

Welcome to YB the server who has been outmanned almost all the week for 8+ hours at EBG on his prime time, the only map were YB is not outmanned is always at their BL lol.

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: IonusX.7905

IonusX.7905

So YB SoS how u like my crusade yesterday you put up a hell of a fight but when im kitten you do not want to be on the receiving end of my righteous furry

{TNT} Tactical Night Techs “We are the last line of defense”Commander Fire Warrior Scout

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Zhrek.9781

Zhrek.9781

DB, gratz on your win this week! For those who doubt Tsym’s ability, they was out in full force once or twice this week. Just wanted to get settled in, don’t expect all your fights to be so easy=) Great job on comeback though! Nice to see life in T3.

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Frosty.8491

Frosty.8491

Great fights in SoS BL again today, although I really only had a heart attack in hills once due to some sneaky Yaks! I didn’t even see your golems until you were in the door. x_x

Tonight did have a moment of probably the most hilarious thing I’ve ever seen. We cap SoS’ bay — find a YB mes. . .keep searching. . .find a whole crew of them AND a golem hiding in the corner. Nice try guys. If no one had ever swept a keep they might never have found you.

Also, props to the SoS mes I also found hiding by bridge in Bay. That was a nice spot! I’ll have to remember it. . .

Attachments:

IGN: Lyla Frostheart
Legion of Doom [LOD] | www.lodgw.com
Retired

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

santi.7516

We are at 3 k rating above Maguuma atm, we have holded pretty well this week, so why don’t you guys give us some space to breath and relax today until reset so we can stay <3?

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Awesome fights today with Yak’s Bend, i know we don’t see you much with us being an oceanic guild but today the people who fought against us during oceanic time rocked it.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Niim.9260

Easier match != easier fights at all scales. Sure the zerg fights are likely easier and the matchup will be boring for them, which is why I do not believe they have thrown any match to get back to T4, because those with enough clout to direct the zerg have to be bored out of their minds in T4, why would they intentionally go back to that?

The ‘throw the match’ crowd was the vocal roaming crowd that had a strong interest in fighting the smaller, roaming fights of T4 and they do not care about match points, just about roaming fight potential. They also would have limited impact in trying to throw a match.

In the end it doesn’t matter, for the next while YB and MG will be rotating between T4 and in my opinion there is very little either server can do about it.

~ AoN ~

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

After seeing how much DB gets in PPT during NA afternoon-prime time, I’m not convinced t3 is the harder NA match compared to t4. DB are great and bros, but 500ppt at 5pm?

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Niim.9260

After seeing how much DB gets in PPT during NA afternoon-prime time, I’m not convinced t3 is the harder NA match compared to t4. DB are great and bros, but 500ppt at 5pm?

Some truth to this. I think a lot of points in T3 are scored without opposition. The overlap periods are pretty heavy fighting though and NA prime is still pretty much a scrap fest.

~ AoN ~

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Pendragon.8735

Because of SoS’s extreme population skew, T3 is almost like a straight head to head for the majority of times. DB vs SOS for NA off hours then DB vs YB for a large portion of NA time slot. It’s not ideal because pop imbalances are very magnified without a strong 3rd team presence.

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.4527

Chris.4527

Highlights of this week for Despicable[Me]! Sorry TYSM we didn’t get any the first night when we ran into you guys. If we do manage to stay in this tier, we would love more fights with you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZHsn2kH9zLk

[One]

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

They look for easier… (Love the fight clubs with mag…) But when it comes to the game of WvW mags will sit there watch a siege between the other two servers…. When it is about over and the two servers have about wiped each other out mags will run in and try to wipe the capping group… It’s a sound tactic but its sad and just screams vulture….

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

jportell.2197

Had fun duels with Yak’s this last night… Until I was refused to in duels because “Mesmer is OP and take no skill” After which I proceeded to wipe the floor with the YB mesmers that were there. Don’t hate my johnny asura. He doesn’t hate any one and he loves all of DB and any one that duels him.

For those in db Johnny The Gray.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Niim.9260

They look for easier… (Love the fight clubs with mag…) But when it comes to the game of WvW mags will sit there watch a siege between the other two servers…. When it is about over and the two servers have about wiped each other out mags will run in and try to wipe the capping group… It’s a sound tactic but its sad and just screams vulture….

Why should an underpopulated server play to your strengths? It’s a three way battle for a reason. I enjoy that aspect of the game far more then I enjoy watching two servers see who can stack the best.

~ AoN ~

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

jportell.2197

Why should an underpopulated server play to your strengths? It’s a three way battle for a reason. I enjoy that aspect of the game far more then I enjoy watching two servers see who can stack the best.

Yes but the attitude that mags usually brings with it is horrendous… (OG LOOKING ATCHU!) It’s just mind boggling to me when mag owns nothing in their BL and no one is really in their BL from other servers but they must be in the other servers business as they are hashing it out… IF you want the points… Own your home BL… I never leave my home BL aside from fight clubs here and there… There is always something to do… Upgrades… Escorts… Tickling siege (people don’t do that enough)

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

3/8 Yak's - DB - SoS

in WvW

Niim.9260

Yes but the attitude that mags usually brings with it is horrendous… (OG LOOKING ATCHU!) It’s just mind boggling to me when mag owns nothing in their BL and no one is really in their BL from other servers but they must be in the other servers business as they are hashing it out… IF you want the points… Own your home BL… I never leave my home BL aside from fight clubs here and there… There is always something to do… Upgrades… Escorts… Tickling siege (people don’t do that enough)

PPT is not the goal for many players, specially those that play on servers that haven’t had a close match in a long time.

~ AoN ~